• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Supers Roleplay with a Twist (Name TBD)

Assailant

The SHSL Shadow Alchemy Stand Using Lab Member
Alright, so I had a concept for a roleplay that I've been toying with for awhile. Basically, the idea is that there is a large pantheon of gods, and their king has mysteriously perished. The gods, naturally, want the throne, but they cannot fight each other. If they did, they would likely destroy the world in the process, and what's a king/queen without a kingdom? As such, they use their children as sort of pawns, a war of champions if you will. The parent of the demigod who wins will become king of the gods.

As for why the children are fighting, it can be any reason. Maybe they're fighting for peace among the gods, maybe they want power, maybe they want the thrill of the fight, or maybe their godly parent has promised them some sort of divine reward in return for victory.

Naturally, the children will have some sort of ability or abilities based on their parent. The child of a god of fire might be able to create and/or manipulate fire, the child of the god of love might be able to make others fall in love with them, you get the drill.

The main draw of this RP is that the mythology of the world is created by the users. The pantheon is a blank slate, and the RP'ers create their gods. If they want their God to have past deeds spoken of in myth, they can. If they want their god to have a certain relationship with another god, they can. If they want mythological beasts, they can. Basically, they build the mythology of the religion.

The main rule is that you can't have any characters from other mythologies. You CAN, however, borrow monsters from other mythologies. You can have a god of Thunder and Storms, but you can't have Zeus. You can have a goddess of love, but it can't be Aphrodite. You also CAN have creatures like the Minotaur. You can directly take monsters, but not people or deities.

Last thing: the story takes place in a fantasy world. The world possesses modern levels of technology (Cars, guns, machines, etc) but the history and layout of the world is unique to the RP and does not resemble the real world.

I think that just about covers it. If you have any questions or are interested, please let me know! Also tagging some people who I know/think might be interested.

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi AvidElmV2 AvidElmV2 Minako Minako Mist Demon Mist Demon Legostrife Legostrife Netherdragon Netherdragon @SkycøderCrøta

Last edited:
Percy Jackson, is that you?

Jokes aside, I'm interested. I need something new to work on anyways.

Assailant Assailant This sounds interesting is there any room for me to join?
There's room for as many people as possible!

what would be the detail level and what type of pics would be used?
Detail level is simple. No post limits or anything like that. Try not to do one sentence posts, but otherwise it's fine. As much or as little as you want. As for pics, again, up to you. If you don't want to even use a picture in your CS, as long as you have a description in your CS, that's fine. If you want to use pics in your normal posts, that's cool. And any type is fine. We're pretty relaxed over here, it's pretty much up to you.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEH
Interested! This sounds awesome!
Percy Jackson, is that you?

Jokes aside, I'm interested. I need something new to work on anyways.
This sounds fun. I'm totally in! <3
I'm game for this.
Very interested
i'm game for this
Well I guess I'm in, makin a drunk bast...
Glad to have you all in! It should be up very soon.
Well bloody heck this thing has a lot of interest already.
Seriously, I know right?! I was planning to wait a few days, but with this much interest, we can get started real soon.

Detail level is simple. No post limits or anything like that. Try not to do one sentence posts, but otherwise it's fine. As much or as little as you want. As for pics, again, up to you. If you don't want to even use a picture in your CS, as long as you have a description in your CS, that's fine. If you want to use pics in your normal posts, that's cool. And any type is fine. We're pretty relaxed over here, it's pretty much up to you.
I see. Then I´m not too interested, but good luck with the rp!

I see. Then I´m not too interested, but good luck with the rp!
Purely out of curiosity, what was it that you are against? I am merely curious, seeing as how there are no rules regarding post limitations, I am just wondering what it was that could have turned you off from it.

Purely out of curiosity, what was it that you are against? I am merely curious, seeing as how there are no rules regarding post limitations, I am just wondering what it was that could have turned you off from it.
there being no rules was the first thing that turned me off. I am the kind of person who needs order and structure in things, chaos of this sort doesn´t fit with me and is indicative of a high tolerance in other areas such as CS review, that I am sure I would be pissed at for a long time.
That aside, I have a problem with realistic pics and with short posts. Not that it is wrong to use them, by any means, I just have a personal problem with them. I find realistic pics to be ugly and quite frankly, many a bit disgusting, it´s hard for me to look at them or think about them. The short posts, on the other hand, feel like I´m just wasting my time and I just can´t conceive them as any form of quality writing.

Again, this is not to say there is something wrong with your roleplay necessarily. I am just not the type of guy to fit in it though.

there being no rules was the first thing that turned me off. I am the kind of person who needs order and structure in things, chaos of this sort doesn´t fit with me and is indicative of a high tolerance in other areas such as CS review, that I am sure I would be pissed at for a long time.
That aside, I have a problem with realistic pics and with short posts. Not that it is wrong to use them, by any means, I just have a personal problem with them. I find realistic pics to be ugly and quite frankly, many a bit disgusting, it´s hard for me to look at them or think about them. The short posts, on the other hand, feel like I´m just wasting my time and I just can´t conceive them as any form of quality writing.

Again, this is not to say there is something wrong with your roleplay necessarily. I am just not the type of guy to fit in it though.
That's fine, I just wanted to know. I have lax rules so that it can appeal to as many people as possible, but some people want more structure than that. That's cool. Good luck in your endeavors!

That's fine, I just wanted to know. I have lax rules so that it can appeal to as many people as possible, but some people want more structure than that. That's cool. Good luck in your endeavors!
of course :) thanks!

If I may offer one piece of advice, though, don´t try to overreach in appealing. It´s not possible to appeal to everyone, and I´ve seen many people who forgot that go down in a worse state than before they even started the roleplay-

of course :) thanks!

If I may offer one piece of advice, though, don´t try to overreach in appealing. It´s not possible to appeal to everyone, and I´ve seen many people who forgot that go down in a worse state than before they even started the roleplay-
Of course. It may just be that I don't see a point in putting rules where they aren't needed, and I'm just a lax person by nature. Types of pictures and how they're used don't bother me personally, and I'm the type of person who posts 2-3 sentence long posts (I could get into a whole discussion on why I think that's better, but that's a topic for another day,) so of course I'm not gonna make people type a paragraph or something. I guess that's just me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back