• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Supernatural-esque || MxM || Long-Term

Schmebulock

Definitely not a demon
Hey, everyone.

This is the first time in a while that I have made an interest check of my own, rather than reaching out on someone else's, so here's to hoping I find someone with similar desires in a RP partner.

About me:
~ 20s
~ Literate
~ RP Experience of more than 8 Years
~ Full-time student-athlete and have a part-time job, but if something is preventing me from replying for more than a day or two I'll let you know.
~ Average replies of 1000-2000 words, but I try to match my partner in reply length
~ Can provide writing samples upon request

What I'd want out of you:
~ Equal work put into the story (for more details on how this would look, keep reading).
~ Literate. I'm not the grammar police, but consistent issues will kill my enjoyment in the roleplay. If you're bilingual, and English is not your first language, please let me know beforehand and this will make it a lot easier for me to be patient with you.
~ Feedback about our story
~ A separate OOC chat to at least communicate when we are able/unable to reply and plot. I'll gladly talk to you about other things in the OOC, too.
~ RP in a private conversation on RPN, OOC in a separate PM or Discord

The Story:
~ MxM only, please.
~ Characters in their 20's
~ Realistic development of romance. No love at first sight, or anything like that.
~ On that note, realism in general. Yes, it's a fantasy setting with monsters and supernatural activity, but worlds like that still have rules and laws. No meta, please. If you're planning something that sounds like it might be too OP, just ask. I'll happily work with you on whatever it is you're trying to make happen. This may involve research in order to create realistic enemies and solutions for our characters, but I'm not asking you to write a scientific paper. Just. . . put some effort in, please?
~ Any intimate scenes will be time-skipped or glazed over. I'm fine with roleplaying out the events leading up to such a scene, but the actual act will not be written out.
~ What I'm looking for is a roleplay setting similar to the first couple of seasons of the TV series, Supernatural. None of the canon events or characters will have a place in our roleplay, I just want the similar feel of a couple guys hunting monsters, ghosts, demons, etc. We can develop our own long-term plots and reoccurring characters throughout the roleplay, but essentially I'd love for us to take turns planning out a monster for the characters to hunt. My original thought is that our characters are both members of this network of hunters that communicate mainly through a community forum and emails. Our characters would usually work on their own, but happen upon each other in the first hunt of our roleplay. Depending on the speed at which things develop, they may choose to keep working together or be forced to until they enjoy it. I'm a sucker for angst, but it's not always necessary.

My Character:
Name: Ross Rollins
Height: 6'1
Appearance: Heavy dark brown/black hair, blue-gray eyes, fair complexion. . . Image will be given in planning phase.
Personality: Clever and creative, and smug about it, too. He is one to act quickly and ask questions later, because chances are he'll be able to come up with another quick solution to whatever issues he creates from his actions. Prefers brain over brawn, but can't deny the usefulness of a good punch. Ross is not particularly interested in working with other people, as he sees them as a liability that will only slow him down and mess with his plans. He is not unfriendly unless provoked, and prefers to play on more neutral turf. He likes to stay organized and on top of things, but, when all of his work is done, Ross is happy to relax with a good book or video game. He is usually rather frigid and does not allow his emotions to be easily read until he is comfortable.
Sexuality: Undetermined
Strengths: Creative, nimble, not easily panicked
Weaknesses: Stubborn, resistant towards help, only average strength (which is a weakness in his line of work)
Likes: Organization, efficiency, research, bats (the animal AND as a "weapon"), cherries, dark orange, Mario Kart, dinosaurs, aliens
Dislikes: Indecisiveness, distractions, winter/snow, goo and slime, reality TV

DM me if interested and we can discuss things in greater detail.

Thank you,
schmebulock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back