• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Superhero World ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"The University of Portland is a thriving community of more than 4,000 students, who come from around the nation and the world, as well as over 1,000 faculty and staff. The University is located up on a bluff in a residential neighborhood overlooking the Willamette River and the city of Portland. The school’s location also is the inspiration for its nickname, 'The Bluff.'"

Time: 15:15
At Scene:
Superhero Professor Polymer and Superhero Calamity Force. Police are on-scene.
Threat Level: Two
Known Threats: Unknown
aab34b6a4f3de47356035fe86e41e4d6.jpg
The man was rendered thoroughly unconscious, not even capable of fighting Professor Polymer.

In the meantime, police were starting to arrive on-scene. Only one cop car arrived at first, off in the distance, seeing as they couldn't drive through the middle of campus. They parked, and were trying to hurry out of the car, looking their direction. It was clear, even from that distance, that Polymer had things under control.

"Do we need an ambulance?!" one of them, a relatively young female police officer, shouted towards Polymer as she jogged nearer, "Have their been any casualties?"

Kyrenka Kyrenka WeaselThor WeaselThor
((Sorry this is so short. I was limited in what I could do.))

A "sports & events venue with stadium & field hosting Major League Soccer, college football & more."

Time: 15:15
At Scene:
Apprentice/Intern Superhero Digerati, another Apprentice/Intern Superhero, Superhero Edward, and five non-powered officers.
Threat Level: Zero
Known Threats: None

latest
He sighed, rubbing his face, "Uh... yeah. I'll go walk over to them and sit in their stupid cooldown tank until I'm sober. This'll probably just be a warning and maybe a fine, right...?" He frowned, looking at the cans that were littered around now, "She's a little seven year old. Her name's Ida. Ida Lessen. She's got brown hair..."

He paused, biting his lip to try to stop from crying. It took him a moment to continue, "She's got brown hair. Light brown eyes. She looks a lot like me. She's really small... with a little off-white dress on. Brown shoes. A peachy jacket that's a little oversized... and a red scarf."

He shook his head, "I... I don't have anything of hers on me. Her room has tons of things of hers, of course, but I didn't bring any with me. That's all I know though... I'm... I'm sorry I've caused this trouble."

f3417b4ff65909e6509e234d93f2d670.jpgThe man stood and walked over to the cops, looking down, "Thank you for helping me. I wish I could do something. I want to help... but, well... you guys are the professionals. Not me. Thank you... just... thank you."

Miserbell looked towards the others again, seeing the man start to walk to the cops, seeming to have given up. "I trust them as well. They seem to have gotten things handled. I wonder what happened..." She frowned and nodded to the offer of helping, "I'd love to help. There's no point sitting around here waiting for my mentor to come back... which he probably won't. So... sure. We should figure out what's going on though. I don't really care what's going on, especially if it doesn't have to do with more drunk people."

She floated only a few inches off the ground, heading up to Edward as the other man turned himself in, "Hello! Thank you for helping me out... I was totally out of my depth... though, if you don't mind, I'd like to continue to try to assist with the situation. Your partner... intern... here, they believe that there's been a "development" in the situation? If that's the case, I'm at your disposal to assist."

Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

A "sports & events venue with stadium & field hosting Major League Soccer, college football & more."

Time: 15:20 (A little after the conflict was resolved)
Location: Entering the main building, opposite the drunken conflict
At Scene:
Intern/Apprentice Superhero Muse (as a civilian)

muse-jpg.469241
Abigail breathed out shakily, looking up at the entrance to the stadium. This was incredibly stressful. She wanted to do this. She paid to do this. Paid extra to do the VIP thing with Johnny D.. Sure, he was just a person, a famous person, but a person all the same. She wasn't nervous because he was famous. No, no. She was incredibly nervous because she had to go talk to people.

She pushed open the door, looking around for signs or something of the sort. But... she was really early, and there was some villain event here, so most people were probably gone who were waiting... if anyone was waiting yet. The paper in her hands crinkled a little as she looked down at the paper, "Alright... let's see... the Community Room... Ah... This way?"

Abagail walked past the room with a glass wall... twice. This was really embarrassing and ridiculous and... ugh. Was this even the right thing to do? On the other side of the field there were some police officers wrapping up whatever had occurred. Eventually though, she looped back around and looked in the room, then at the sign on the door, then back in the room at Johnny D.

She peeked open the door, barely speaking in a whisper, thought the effect of her voice was still dimly there, automatically working towards making whoever heard it be more approving of her, "Is... Is it time for the VIP thing yet...?" She held up her paper to show him that she was actually supposed to be here, "I... ah... I have the ticket..."

WeaselThor WeaselThor

So here was the situation, as far as she could tell:

After having dealt with the hellbeast, the holograms, the sudden explosion that had taken out her kinetic shields, and the fact that her suit was still at a good seventy-percent charged, with more than plenty of rounds left in her pulse pistol as well as the rail gun on her back, Alexandria was now staring a God of War down with a pulse pistol in front of another God who was freaking out about the fact that Ares had just turned this Amphirite into a puddle. Truth be told, she didn't like operating this close to a potential target, but she didn't think that Ares would be dumb enough to pull a bad move while surrounded.

That's why it was too bad that she was wrong and didn't think "Hey, y'know, maybe Ares would love a super throw-down right about now," just before the detonation went off.

The harsh pulse of energy was absolutely enormous, and with her kinetic shielding down, which left the only thing between her and the blast a suit of power armor, Alexandria was sent rocketing away from him and into a tree in the path that could have just left her in a cushy, trimmed hedge within the area further back. The tree splintered under the weight of her suit and the force of her landing, and she felt her head snap backwards into the bark as the rest of her body followed what her back did - which was pancake against it.

It hurt. A lot.

Claxons were going off again, but her head was ringing and she was getting that strange feeling in the nasal cavity that really tells you when you've taken a good whollop, but with her vision as blurry as it was, she couldn't rightly figure out for a few moments just what was going on. It took her a good thirty seconds for her to pick herself up off the ground and get her head on straight, which left her with the simple "Arm-bone-connected-to-the-hand-bone" checklist that one normally does when they take a hit that hard.

But then, of course, Namina in her usual helpful way, gave Alexandria news that she would not take very kindly.

"Air-seal integrity breached," came the voice over the ringing of her ears. "Helmet damaged."

It was only a second. A single, small, tiny second that stretched into forever for her. The cracking along the visor was tell-tale of what Namina had said, and all that she could feel for what had to be half of an eternity was a painful cold in her chest. Alexandria's limbs had went utterly numb, and her mind's gears seemed to be jammed, but then came the heat. The scorching, roaring flames within that began to pour in from the epicenter of the cold inside of herself, bringing every fiber of being screaming back to her with only one word.

"Bastard," she snarled under her breath, the word coming out as something primal and inhuman. As she fumbled with the clamps that held her helmet where it was to take it off, she couldn't help but to repeat it under her breath, slowly growing louder under the voice of the God of the Underworld that had just appeared not a moment before. "Bastard. bastard!! Bastard!!!! BASTARD!!!"

And with a final yank of her hands, shifting the hunk of metal that was her helmet before to her right hand, she screamed it again before all of the demons, all of the rage and the pain that she could feel: Physical pain from the tree that she had slammed into due to the blast from the God, and emotional pain for the fact that something so dear and NECESSARY had been damaged poured out of her in one last, shrill, blood-curdling, infuriated scream that at least a few were almost sure would have her vocal cords torn.

"YOU'RE DEAD!!!!"

Alexandria suddenly threw herself forth with all the anger that only someone who had lost their minds could feel, the boosters in her jets boots slagging the dirt beneath her as a force that she couldn't have known was supernatural had kicked the jets to her top speed - two-hundred-miles-per-hour, and charged, entirely ignoring everyone and everything else that stood to the side, behind, and anywhere else near Ares. .

Alexandria wasn't too far from him, maybe twenty feet (since the tree was in the way) and as her acceleration under such force from her jet boots carried her headfirst towards the god of war in what was only but a flash - almost to the point of frames of animation being clipped from her very movement due to the distance between them, she raised the twisted helmet behind her and with all of the force her body and her suit could give her, would swing it straight into Ares' head. If the blow was successful within the mere second between her take-off and closing the distance, there was no doubt in her rage-addled mind that it would tear Ares's head straight off his shoulders, armor or not.

She wanted blood. She wanted gore, agony, screams of remorse, and most importantly revenge for what the foolish God had done to this "mortal's" most precious and prized possession, and if she had to beat him senseless with the cracked and chipped pieces of said armor, then she would do that and more if it was what it took - to hell with the pardon.

As they would say: Lights, Camera....

Conflict.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten BDark BDark

Last edited:
"Mount Hood, called Wy'east by the Multnomah tribe, is a potentially active stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc of northern Oregon."

Time: 15:20
At Scene:
No police are yet on scene. Supervillain Bells is currently on-scene.
Threat Level: Unknown

2358448-bigthumbnail.jpg
Standing only at 4'9", the tiny but very attractive demon giggled, coming to a swift stop and turning slightly away from where she had been heading. She knew interest when she heard it, and the strange call that the ranger had sent out certainly qualified.

"A crater?" she purred, setting her little radio she had stolen from a police station into her pocket. She had only just gotten back in the state, and was eager to start causing problems again. Her voice was sweet and pleasant, like a cool glass of lemonade on a hot day, and it oozed confidence along with her amusement, "Well... I can't turn that down, can I?"

Her form blurred, seeming to disappear, only to reappear a hundred or more feet down the way towards the trees and Mt. Hood. She zipped along, form disappearing and reappearing only when she stopped to look around to see if she could spot the crater... or the creator of the crater! A little pink bell on the end of her tail jingled lightly every time she stopped, and even moreso when she flicked her tail back and forth.

It didn't take long to see the crater that was created in the side of the mountain. Lucky her, she didn't see anyone else there yet... except for a man of some kind. She darted forward again, appearing near to the edge of the crater and close to the man, looking him up and down in curiosity.

A pink ball of energy appeared in her hands, which she then flicked towards him, meaning for it to graze right past his nose before disappearing.

"Well hello there stranger," she chimed, smiling sweetly, her succubi nature giving off an aura around her. At the moment this aura was only intended to make those near her a bit more attracted... maybe a little turned on, which her body and outfit didn't help with much. "Did you make that crater all by your lonesome?"

Osuka Osuka

osuka-final-deity-jpg.468257
It wasn't far, the distance Osuka had been trudging. Maybe a hundred feet or so before the sounds of bells ringing - something that would be placed around a cat's neck as some kind of cute ornament or an alarm for the especially quiet ones, reached his ears. Instinctively he began to listen in, and they were growing louder every second or so. They were starting and stopping, and sometimes they would jingle after the initial stop before going quiet again. Truth be told, he wasn't so sure he would call it something a cat would do. For that matter, what would a cat be doing out here on a mountain? Cats were domesticated, and would stick close to cities where there were people, and therefore easy food to pick through.

He was getting the feeling that he was being watched, or maybe pursued, so he did what he would usually do: Crank up the heat. Thirty feet around him became a suddenly sweltering one-hundred-thirty degrees, which didn't seem to phase him at all, but if anyone got within it, they would at the very least be uncomfortable. The upside to his preparation was that he didn't have to wait to see who would pop up, and just in front of him was the sudden visage of a woman.

It took him off guard.

"[div class=recall style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]Iitein!!!![/div]"

In the very instant that the girl popped up into his face, Osuka's leading foot had slipped and, with a yelp of surprise, suddenly found himself sprawling to his rear, which brought another yelp of pain from him, only...

The words he was using were completely alien to this world.

"[div class=recall2 style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]Fielt nit krenshun, Lanui,[/div]" came his voice - a gentle, quiet tenor that should have been singing instead of speaking. Osuka was quick to pick himself up, not knowing whether this woman was friend or foe, not caring to brush himself off so he wouldn't be distracted. "[div class=recall3 style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]Neiman Lanui?[/div]"

Simply popping into one's view suddenly was somewhat rude, even with the bells, and he was sure to make that apparent with his demeanor. Considering his current mood, and the fact that he himself had been exposed to something similar to the girl's aura before, he wasn't worried about the effect that was carrying forth and instead kept his attention firmly planted on the girl's position, rather than what she was wearing.

He was also hoping she could understand him, but for all he knew, he was probably better off pantomiming instead.

[script class=recall on=mouseenter]
setText "Shit!!!!"
[/script]
[script class=recall on=mouseleave]
setText "Iitein!!!!"
[/script]
[script class=recall2 on=mouseenter]
setText "Stars and Stones, Lady,"
[/script]
[script class=recall2 on=mouseleave]
setText "Fielt nit krenshun, Lanui,"
[/script]
[script class=recall3 on=mouseenter]
setText "Who are you?"
[/script]
[script class=recall3 on=mouseleave]
setText "Neiman Lanui?"
[/script]

(Credit goes to Deathkitten for editing to show translations - hover over the not-English to see what it is)

Last edited:
"Mount Hood, called Wy'east by the Multnomah tribe, is a potentially active stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc of northern Oregon."

Time: 15:21
At Scene:

2358448-bigthumbnail.jpg
A cute little giggle left her lips, toying with her hair with her left hand as she looked the man up and down. He had fallen over due to surprise, but he was making the area far hotter. The words that left his mouth she couldn't understand, so she sighed, tail flicking back and forth as she debated on how she could possibly translate.

"Ah, I know!" she chimed, smiling wide as she made another little pink ball appear in her hands. The sphere widened to the size of a beachball, becoming translucent as it did so. Inside the sphere, a scene appeared.

In particular, it showed the surrounding area and himself. A couple rudimentary icons for fire popped up around him, to try to indicate the heat he was creating. It then focused on the nearby foliage, and little fire symbols popped up over top of them as well. Then, she made an equals sign to attempt to link one to the other.

"Mm... what else... It's so dry here. Droughts come and go. Stuff would just combust... and it's so pretty out here. I don't really want that," she muttered to herself, focusing on the ball.

The scene zoomed out considerably, showing the mountainside. A water droplet appeared above the orb environment before being surrounded by a flashing red circle with a line through it. No water. The fire symbol appeared next to this symbol, and another equals sign appeared between the two.

The ball went blank for a moment afterwards, and she pointed towards herself... then the bell on her tail, wiggling it back and forth. To herself, then to the bell, and again once more before she smiled wide at him and giggled happily. She pointed at him, and then shrugged, arms open wide as if to ask who he was as well.

Osuka Osuka

Osuka; Final Deity.jpgThis was going to get irritating quickly if he didn't convey what he needed at the moment: Knowledge. He needed to be able to speak her language so he could figure out where he was, but, of course, he never got to choose where the dimensional hole took him - instead, he just had to hang on for the ride and hope he didn't splatter against something stronger than him. The bad news is that there are lots of things that were stronger than the composition of his body. The first option to getting what he needed was simply to use an ability: That ability would be to snag the knowledge straight from the universe itself, but right now that would feel like a semi slamming into just his head, and that wouldn't feel anything near pleasant.

The other option was to gain the information via a hologram.

Osuka's mechanical right hand suddenly zipped towards the right holster on his back as he watched the woman suddenly create a ball of energy. Better safe than sorry. With quick movements, the safety was off, the firearm behind him - a heavy looking Magnum-like gun with the appearance of a semi-auto was loaded, pointed to her, and his entire demeanor suddenly changed. He was ready and willing to begin combat, but in that time, something changed: She was showing him something.

Apparently, with everything she was showing, she was afraid the area around them would catch fire. Instead of heeding her warning, Osuka furrowed his brow and holstered his weapon before bringing both of his hands together, then expanded them.

What came forth were two images: One of himself and one of her. The fiery image would pace towards hers and point to her wrist, then his fangs, and when she nods, he would take her wrist into his hand, bring it to his mouth, then bite down. After a moment, he would wave his hand over the spot where he had bit, put her hand down, then start talking. Once the image began to speak, she would give one of her gleeful little gestures before talking up a storm.

Then, with the simple demonstration, the images faded and he pointed to his mouth as he opened it. Within his mouth were elongated canines - fangs, and it pointed to the tell-tale mark of a Vampire. They glistened in a pearl-like manner before shutting his mouth and gesturing with both hands in a questioning pose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Time: 15:22
At Scene:

2358448-bigthumbnail.jpg
Bells pouted a little at this strange man pointing a gun at her, but otherwise didn't react. She wasn't worried about him. He looked confused, not dangerous.

She touched a finger to her lips in thought as she watched his own little display. Impressive! Some kind of fire mage! Lucky her. He was far cuter than most of the Heroes too... though... Pharaoh was pretty cute lookin' himself. The images were pretty explanatory, but the opening of his mouth to show his teeth confirmed it all the same.

"Oooh. A vampire... and you want to drink from me? Well... hmm... So personal and I still don't know who you are," she pouted, teasing a little though she knew he couldn't understand. Her orb appeared again and went translucent once more. She had a stipulation.

She replayed the same scene he had just done, but afterwards, she made a little exclamation point. Bells followed this scene with her own, him allowing her to kiss him. She smiled, "After all. I want to get something out of this little exchange."

The small woman walked closer to him and curled her tail around his left leg, holding her left arm out to her side a little so that, if he agreed, he could drink. The tail wasn't particularly tight, just hugging, meant to get a little... sensual blood flow to certain areas. The more attracted he was, the less he'd balk later, after all.

Osuka Osuka

Osuka; Final Deity.jpgOsuka couldn't help but squint at the display. There was something wrong here, and it was absolutely undeniable. A single kiss for feeding off of someone? And the aura that she was putting off? The fact of the matter is that he was dealing with something that, for all intents and purposes, he shouldn't make physical contact with at all if he wanted to be one-hundred percent sure he was safe. The problem was that meant that he wasn't going to be able to talk to her at all. That was a wrench in the gears if there ever was one.

To note, Osuka is the kind of man that sees the act of kissing as intimate and personal. It wasn't the "single kiss" idea being underplayed. She was resistant to high temperatures, which she proved as she came closer and he felt her tail snake around his leg. Being this close, wanting a kiss, using an aura that made people more.... Agreeable, as he would put it, would all point to the idea that, out of anything he could think of, the closest one would be a succubus. She wanted something far more than just a single kiss.

And no, get that out of your head, you pervert. She wanted some fashion of control over him.

So, now Osuka was finally realizing what kind of hand he'd been dealt: His first meet-up with a being on this planet was a Succubus, and though the stereotype of them being, to put it nicely, unsavory though easy on the eyes was unfair, there was always a reason for a stereotype. The saturation of societal exposure to a certain type of being is what usually brought about a stereotype, and though he's met a handful of Succubi and Incubi that were amicable, they weren't exactly pushy like in this situation.

But how to get what he wanted without giving her something that could be used against him - if his paranoia was to be trusted? He could always take the speeding-semi-to-the-face route, but that would leave him vulnerable due to the immense level of pain, and if she proved to not be so kind, that would be a problem. Option two was to just take the blood, blast her away with a bolt of fire that, though it probably wouldn't kill her, would send her far off away from him so that he had time to escape. Option three was to cheat and, after getting the blood, break the agreement and ditch...

Or he could simply teach her the language.

By teach, Osuka didn't mean that he would have language lessons every Tuesday after school with her; he was going to, as a mage, pull a copy out of his skull, painful as it would be, and give it to her. The problem with that, though, was that she would be the only person he could understand and communicate with. If he wanted to gather information, having only one person to translate at all times was going to be a pain. She had to have other things to do, and if he needed a translator, he was stuck without one.

So, swallowing his doubts and his worries, he nodded once and gave her a stern look. The look that said "It might hurt," since that wasn't something he could control, held his hand out, and waited.

Last edited:
The sun god summoned a set of golden armour around his body and his golden bow slid to his hand as Ares summoned his own armour with an explosive force, which made the ground beneath it shudder. As he floated around the reformed Amphitrite and closer to Ares, who was now fully armoured, a new presence was felt. His eyes quickly fell on the newcomer, who began speaking. It took Helios a moment to realize that this was Hades, the god of the Underworld and his cousin. Also probably the nicest Greek god there is.

"Hades," Helios began, "What brings you here?"

He hadn't seen Hades in many years, of course, and his sudden presence, naturally, grabbed the attention of the sun god. But it wasn't just the fact that Hades, who did not belong in America, was suddenly here. It was the fact that four Greek gods seemed to congregate in the exact same location at the exact same moment--and it wasn't in Greece, either, which would have been expected, but in a land quite far away. Something felt a bit off.

Helios was taken by surprise as Alexandria launched herself with such force and speed at Ares, screaming the word 'bastard' over and over. At this, he drew his string as a solar arrow appeared in his hand, aiming it at Ares.

Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor

(I'm not super proud of this one. Sorry for the long wait.)

Jamison Square

As hades appeared ares couldnt help but smile. finally someone worth talking to. he thought. However his toughts were quickly cut short by him feeling a surge of rage and turning to see alexandria charging him in a fury with her helmet in hand. His grin persisted as his hand went for his sword yet before any violence ensued an emerald Scarab burst from the ground beneath Ares forming a bubble like dome around the War god. His eyes shot a look of murder at the egyptian he knew was responsible...however he did not respond to him instead his attention fixed on alexandria. quite the interesting mortal. "Your courage is indeed impressive...apparently it doesnt come from your toys. Now thank your allies for saving your life by controlling yourself...lest i send you as a gift to my uncles kingdom." he turned his attention back to Hades and Helios shattering the Scarab shield with a touch and an influx of his own magic. "My dear family, we seem to have a problem. A few moments ago Agamemnon himself declared war on me...last i checked he was yours..." he said gesturing to his uncle. "And last i checked the dead cannot access god essence. Well this dead man attacked me with a mixture of technology and my own energy. Which means this is no coincidence...someone ballsy is trying to bring Olympus into their battle...which raises the question...who would want to see the gods waging war?" his words held a cynical wisdom that few would attribute to the war god...he seemed legitimately concerned about the coming war, but at the same time his excitement was very apparent.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka BDark BDark

Jamison Square

Things were escalating rapidly and when Ares armored up Pharaoh thought for sure that he was about to die...along with armored woman. The only ones who seemed to have a chance of survival was Helios and Amphitrite, yet here he was acting as a protector to one of those two. The arrival of Hades was enough to drastically improve his hope here, could they even die if Hades didnt allow it? Yet apparently this hope was not one that was shared as Alexandria rushed the war god with apparent murderous intent. Deciding that it simply would do to reignite the flames Pharoah allowed his earlier clone beneath the war god to erect a powerful magical barrier around him. Blocking Alexandrias strike with no damage being dealt to either party. However the war Gods glare caused his resolve to waver a bit which made the shattering of the barrier that much easier. However he turned his attention back to the other Dieties letting the egyptian breathe a sigh of relief. His words however offered anything but relief.
Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten BDark BDark

Providence park.

Johnny sat at the bar for nearly 15 minutes locked in a battle with his healing factor, the reward would be drinking enough to feel a buzz. However he didn't manage to get far enough into his little tug o war before he heard a soft voice asking the most annoying fan questions any artist could ever hear. But as he spun on the barstool gulping down the alcohol and preparing to tear into the girl for bothering him he was caught off guard for the first time in ten years. He spat the brandy out in surprise and then cursed in pain as some of it went through his nostrils and dribbled down his face. Taking a moment to reorganize his thoughts he cycled through the possibilities. is it a demon...no my tattoo would be burning like crazy...it cant be a ghost, id be able to tell...wait the nose is a little off, cheekbones too. Ok we're cool. he wiped his face on a rag and put on the biggest smile he could muster. "Your in the right place sweetheart. How can i help you." he was by no means more comfortable knowing she wasn't a demon. He could still feel magic radiating out of this girl. please dont be a witch...
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Mt.Hood

For nearly a decade bastion had been asleep within the long cooled magma chamber of the mountain. Surrounded by stone he was cut off from all that happened out side of the mountain, granted there were booms and shakes traveling through the granite continental shelfs every now and gain...however it was a particularly strong shaking 6 months ago that caused him to begin to stir slightly. He spent long months stretching and lazing about but about five minutes ago something caught his attention. Another one of those strong vibrations but this one was really close by. is this an invasion or something? *gasp* IS SOMEONE AFTER MY TREASURE? he thought to himself. The thought alone was enough to get his body heat into the thousands of degrees slowly but surely the rock around him melted into molten lava which pooled around him. ooooo thats so relaxing....But theres no time for that now. he thought as he aimed his muzzle upwards and sped up the process.

It had taken the dragon nearly five minutes to melt through the nearly a cubic mile of rock above him but finally tongues of flame began to lick their way out of the peak. Smoke and steam began to pour out into the air but only served as a few seconds warning before the massive dragon burst from the stone with an explosion of magma and with wings trailing smoke and fire. He filled the air with his thunderous roar before banking in the clouds and divebombing back towards the ground. His predatory eyes zeroed in on the two he assumed to be the cause of the bang. However about 1000ft up he began to shrink his wings tail and neck contorting as they pulled into the also shrinking torso. By the time he reached the ground it was a red haired man who landed in a cascade of fire, smoke, and molten rock...only about a dozen or so feet from the two unknowns. "Sorry to bother you guys...but you arent here to cause any trouble are you? I kinda like this place and i dont wanna hurt you by accident trying to stop you."
Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Guiren Nyverk: Calamity Force~​

Fuck, fuck! Guiren was losing it. He stared at the monster as it absorbed the thief. What the fresh hell? Did he already lose too much blood? Was he hallucinating? The vigilante found himself upright suddenly, when did I sit up?, when the creature said something. Everything was shifting in and out of focus and the constant ringing wasn't helping. What did it say? Was it going to eat him too? Tendrils that appeared from its body seemed to say 'yes'. Shouting suddenly broke through the noise in his head as he whipped his head around with a wince. A wave of dizziness and nausea distracted him for a moment before he was able to refocus his vision again. The police had finally caught up. Shit! He was fucked. The police he could probably take, even in his current condition, but that thing behind him was a whole other story. That's what I get for being a useless piece of shit, he thought darkly. What kind of hero gets into this much trouble when facing a Level Two? He was pathetic. Bitter rage rose in him again at his helplessness.

Pathetic.

After a few false starts, Guiren was able to force himself to his feet. He wasn't going to go down without a fight. Slowly, so that he didn't trip over his own swaying body, the vigilante turned to examine the creature. The police were far enough away that he could lose them, but that thing would probably be harder. Can it fly? He didn't remember seeing it fly, but his thoughts felt thick and slow so he wasn't sure if his memories could be trusted. It has the thief though, there's no way it can hold onto him while doing that weird bendy shit. Then again, he's been wrong before; the blood dripping down his arm was proof enough. Gathering his strength, Guiren focused on his powers. On some level, he realized that this was an incredibly stupid idea. His vision was blurring and he couldn't fucking breath but he refused to be captured. The vigilante made eye contact with the approaching monster and snarled, "Suck my dick, asshole," before finally using his abilities to hover a few feet off the ground. He then promptly fell back onto the ground and laid in a ungraceful heap. I can't breath, I can't breath! The world continued to shift and sway even as darkness crept across his vision. Distantly, he thought to himself, I really fucked up this time, before he finally lost consciousness.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

Something was in her way. Something also didn't make any sense. The strike that she was about to unleash on Ares, with all the force of a locomotive behind her, was suddenly stopped in mid-air with all of the kinetic force simply... Disappearing. She could see the shield, but the resulting blow had ended up being literally nothing - she couldn't even feel the reverberation in her hand or arm. The obvious answer was magick, because it was always magick if it was something like this since her kinetic shields didn't even do something of the sort, and the question as to how it was able to dissipate the energy without it ending up going elsewhere was enough to pull her out of her rage. Energy, in the way everyone understood it, didn't act like that. The shield wasn't a non-Newtonian mass, otherwise it would've simply became harder the more energy was thrown into it. It wasn't Newtonian, either, since obviously she would've felt the reverberation.

It also gave her ideas for her armor, but of course, with the helmet cracked...

That thought was enough for Alexandria to be angry again, but just enough that she could hear the name Agamemnon. If memory served her correct, then wasn't the man supposed to be dead? If that was the case, then nothing should have happened, but Ares had made it known that Agamemnon was also Hades' associate of sorts. If anything, she smelled foul play, and obviously someone playing a cameo as Agamemnon rather than the man being here himself. Of course, she couldn't think of any way in which that would link with the Hellbeast, but the hologram... The hologram seemed to be in the know about a few things, and there was the possibility that this was all orchestrated in a way that got the right players to the right locations. It meant that this might have been a "Casting Call," in a sense. This was more important than the armor, but she wasn't going to let it go just yet.

"There was a hologram I talked to before the explosion," she piped up as she attached the helmet to a magnetic plate at the small of her back. "He said there were plans, but he didn't clue me in. Someone is obviously pulling strings to get the Gods to act the way they want, so my advice would be to avoid getting involved until an investigation is done as to how it all links and who is at the head of it all. Also, they seemed to be in-the-know about the Hellbeast that had attacked the block around Prost, and he seemed to be in a hurry, so I can't help but wonder if he knew about the car bombing."

Alexandria, at the mentioning of situation, curled her fingers in quotes, giving the hint that she obviously was on the train of thought as everyone else: Agamemnon wasn't actually there, but it was someone else entirely. Then, she looked to Ares, pointed, and spoke again.

"And you owe me for the fucking armor," she continued. "Do you have any idea how to actually disarm someone without having to get into a deity-level dick measuring contest? Ever heard of a point-blank disarm? What if an innocent had come in not knowing the situation - like some kid and asked for an autograph from one of you losers and you went all 'Jedi Force Blast' on everyone?"

Her voice, understandably, was steamed. She was in the middle of trying to figure out what the hell was going on before she was blasted, and the repair costs, now that she was at least somewhat clear-headed, were staggering. Titanium was a hell of an expensive metal, not to mention everything else she would need, and working with it was a pain. It would take her at least a week to just patch the helmet if she was going to do a shoddy job, which was a repulsive thought, and getting the kinetic sensors fixed and improved would take even longer. There was a lot of delicate circuitry underneath all that hardcore protection, and it just added to the frustration.

"Anyway," she sighed, turning to look to everyone else. "I'd say lay low unless your hand is forced. If they have plans that involve you, any act you take could potentially hasten their progress, so make sure that your actions are more calculated and necessary than usual. It wouldn't do to have the entire city blow up because you decided that poor lost child needed your help after their mother had kicked the can."

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor BDark BDark

"Parents & kids flock to this sunny square with funky totem polls & a wading-friendly fountain."

Time: 15:25
At Scene:
Superhero Pharaoh, Superhero Helios, Superhero Ares, and Provisional Superhero Alexandria. There are a number of police vehicles on-route and on-scene.
Threat Level: None?
Known Threats: None?
e6219a5e9ac352a4e922b666394e5162.png
Hades eyed his family members curiously. Agamemnon. Right. And also... this child of a woman was clearly insane. He ran a hand through his hair as he peered at them all with his amber eyes, trying to think on how to even respond to the situation.

"Alright," he began, sighing long and deep, "Let's handle things one at a time. First of all, human woman. I don't know your name. You're spunky and angry and I appreciate that you're actually trying to assist with the situation instead of just blindly attacking. This hologram. I want to know more about it in a moment if it's connected to the Agamemnon thing. I worry that perhaps this whole situation... maybe it has to do with that group humans are so concerned about? What's their name... some alliance? Occard, I believe? Perhaps it has to do with them? After all, screwing with Ares isn't something most would do lightly. However, this water woman..."

She looked up at the mention of her, tilting her head curiously.

"She was the original reason for showing up here, yes? For Helios and Pharaoh, that is. We need to handle her first and foremost. If there's some sort of issue going on, with someone proclaiming war, then let's focus on helping the person who apparently needs help before running off..." he said, frowning a bit. He was clearly concerned, but it wasn't going to help the situation if they went off and started chasing a ghost.

"Helios. Pharaoh. Do explain the situation with this woman now that things have calmed, please."

WeaselThor WeaselThor BDark BDark Osuka Osuka

At Scene:
Intern/Apprentice Superhero Muse (as a civilian)

muse-jpg.469241
Abigail jumped when he did a spit-take and cussed. Was that... did she startle him? She brushed a hand through her bright blue hair and spoke up a little louder, "Oh... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you like that."

She walked a bit closer and sat down in a chair a couple off from him, trying to be respectful of personal bubbles. A smile donned her face as well, matching his, "I'm not sure entirely that I need help, per say... I'm enthused to get to meet you. You're famous, yes, but much more importantly than that, you're the best musician I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. The music scene will be dull without you."

A small inward laugh left her lips, "I'm sure you've heard this a thousand or more times, but my family got me interested into music. More specifically, my grandmother. She's more adept at instruments than I currently am, but she's... brilliant, really. She talked a lot about you, especially when I was little. She used to be a friend of some variety... at least... according to her. I don't know really know about how accurate that is... but that doesn't really matter... Sorry... Right, you probably want me to get to the point."

"I guess there's two things that I'd really like. For one, the obvious... I'd love your signature. You're where a lot of my own inspiration as an artist has come from, and if I ever get the courage to try to do what you do, it'd be a wonderful reminder of where I was," she swung her bag around onto her lap, taking out a small journal which she put on the counter along with a pen, "And then... I guess... I'd like to try to sing a little for you. Your opinion and thoughts on my singing would be such a help. I want to get better, and who better to ask than you?"

WeaselThor WeaselThor

At Scene:
No police are yet on scene. Supervillain Bells is currently on-scene. Superhero Bastian is on scene as well.

2358448-bigthumbnail.jpg
Bells frowned slightly at the man. Right... Well, regardless of his hesitation, he clearly agreed to the event. Holding his hand out was a clear sign of that. After only a moment of hesitation on her part - after all, this person could be a crazy or something... she obliged.

She gave him her arm and bit her lip as she waited for him to drink from her.

Her blood would, big surprise, taste like a succubi's.

Much to her frustration, however, she didn't have time to get her side of the deal going after he was finished with his. A large red dragon shot out from the volcano and spat magma and ash in the surrounding area. He roared, causing Bells to cover her ears and scrunch up her nose in annoyance.

The dragon turned to the man, and she got a little concerned that this individual was some kind of Superhero. What the everloving fuck was with that transformation though? Disturbing... but he didn't seem to know who she was, or else he probably wouldn't have been so cordial.

"Well hi there! Nice entrance. I don't believe we're trying to cause any problems. He fell from the sky... but I think that's more of an accident than on purpose... What's your deal? Setting off an active volcano isn't really... the most well-advised thing... but, hey, to each their own I guess?"

Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor

akira-takaoka-assassination-classroom-tv-72411.jpg

Edward Woodsman
Edward offered the boy a curt nod as the soberingly-solemn man made his way off towards the officers that had gathered around. Everything seemed a lot calmer now, this way, neither sides of the incident was likely to jump the gun and kick off any violence. Still, the people seemed calmer, but the air felt so much heavier.

OA

He forced back the swelling in his lungs that surely would have escaped his mouth as an angry, upset howl.

He gave himself another moment.

OA is an organisation, a terrorist organisation albeit, but they weren't serial killers or part of the more... depraved individuals of society. An organisation acts with purpose, and wouldn't kidnap the child of a no-name, low-tier super for no reason. And if they intended to kill the child, they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of taking her, or leaving the note that Edward had been told about.

The girl was alive, that was certain.

But not necessarily unharmed.

He pushed that thought down as quickly as it had come to him.

His eyes snapped to the girl that slowly hovered towards him, letting his eyes settle a little as he bit down hard on his tongue to bring him properly to his senses.

"Yes, a development. Can you do me a favour? Get into contact with as many police and reporters as you can manage, are you from Astrella's? If you are, can you try and get in touch with the staff there as well? For the reporters and police, tell them a little girl has gone missing, her name is Ida Lessen, she's small, seven years old with long brown hair. She was last seen in a peach coat and a red scarf. Get the news out as much as possible, then search for her yourself if you can." Edward forced his eyes closed, when they opened again, they were serious, less warm, more stern. "This is vital. Anyone who spots the girl, including you and other supers, should not engage or attempt to apprehend anyone accompanying her. They are to keep a distance, monitor movements, and report the girl's location to law enforcement."

Edward repeated himself to the nearest police officer before he made his way to his intern.

"Look, you don't need to help, we're looking for a little girl that's been taken by terrorists. You have no obligation to help with the search, but I'd appreciate it if you did."

Johnny arched an eyebrow as The girl spoke and it took very little thought for him to put together what was happening. Catherine grand-daughter huh? At least this will interesting. he thought to himself before asking "What's your name kid?" he asked flatly as he turned back to the bar to pour himself another drink and gesturing to the stool beside him while reaching for a second glass. When she told him He nodded. "Your grandma wouldn't happen to be named Catherine would she?" he asked pouring both him and her a glass of brandy. He listened as she tentatively told him yes "Ok then Abigail, you've bought yourself an hour, Chat with me a bit and we can see about the singing thing. First and foremost...do you beleive in magic?" he partly expected the answer already, after all he could sense her aura was fairly powerful already. Yet despite his best efforts to be calm he couldn't help but peek into the shadowy corners and out the window in search of hints of demonic attackers. It had never failed yet, everytime magic of any kind waltzed into his life things rapidly went to hell...literally.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Bastion smiled and blushed as he was complimented and immediately decided that the succubus was his favorite. But as the Mention of the volcano came up he began to chuckle nervously. "Uh...well you see...it was kinda an accident. I went to take a dip in the volcano when it was active...but i fell asleep because it was sooooooo relaxing. I woke up when something banged on the wall by my face. Buuuuut the lava turned into Rock and i was trapped... I am sure everything will be fine its a small eruption see." the last bit was said with a smile raising his hand into the air to gesture at the volcano Which rumbled as if on que as the chamber he had previously occupied collapsed behind him blowing out a massive plume of Ash. "Ok maybe not...what do we do?" he said an excited look still in his eyes as if fire & ash wasn't about to start raining from the sky.
Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Osuka

With his mind set, and having waited, he was finally rewarded with the feel of warmth in his left hand as his right, metallic hand rested lightly on the shoulder of the arm she held out. To drink from a person was something he had learned to accept a very, very long time ago after he was released from his duties as a Medic during the Terra-Avenian war against the Manifest, but even to this day there was a part of him that was convinced he shouldn't be doing what he was about to at the moment.

Which was sink his teeth deep into the flesh of her wrist.

Warm, slick, smooth red began to fill his mouth as he retracted his fangs from the punctures he made, and immediately the knowledge that he had been seeking came pouring into his mind. It was all he could do to hold on to reality as more knowledge was shoved, almost painfully this time, into his mind. It was apparent that the woman was known as a Succubus when he was able to place the word with something he understood in his native tongue, and it was enough for him to be able to place why the sudden introduction of the language hurt: It was happening all too quickly. Still, the more he drank, the more he would know, and after only a couple mouthfuls of her vampiric blood, Osuka released and switched hands.

The metallic hand that had been placed upon her shoulder now gently held her arm as his left covered the wound, and a much hotter warmth, though soothing now rather than painful, could be both seen and felt as the wounds he had inflicted began to close. As his hand raised, small, almost barely visible embers fell from his hand, and after only a few more moments, the wounds were sealed and no scars remained on her flesh.

"So, the most common language on this planet is 'English,' yes?" he began, but was cut short of his next thought as a sudden, newer visitor appeared.

Dragon was the word that was given to his kind, and as Osuka watched him descend from the sky and become human, he was already preparing himself. Most commonly in his planet's lore, given the word placed for the man, Dragons were far more fierce than most, and their appearance brought a level of unpredictability to a scene depending on their demeanor. This one...

This one didn't seem to come with violent intent, as far as Osuka could tell. Still, his arrival did spell the likelihood of an imminent eruption, and they would have to deal with that if it got out of hand. But what was this he had felt from Bells? Nervousness? He could hear the slight pick up in her heart rate as she first took the man into consideration before speaking, but he wasn't sure if it was due to the dragon's presence itself or what it could mean.

Either way, it was his turn to speak and introduce himself, and the more connections he made on this planet, the better off he was, as far as he was concerned.

"My apologies for the sudden intrusion," he began, giving a slight bow of his head in the man's direction, voice a gentle, almost sing-song kind of Tenor. "I believe that, with the current course of the volcano's activity, we may be able to stave off its eruption if we were to cool the contents within. Simply corking it may only hold off the inevitable with a more explosive result. Would either of you please guide me to the top so I may assist in dealing with the matter? If it's allowed to remain as it is, it may spell the demise of the surrounding ecosystem, and I would much prefer to gaze upon it fondly rather than in ruin."

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

Bastion smiled widely as the strange guy Asked him to lead him to the top of the volcano, it seemed that he had an idea of what to do with this situation. Which was a plus considering he himself had no idea what to do, his only idea was to melt half the mountain to vent the volcano in the opposite direction of Portland but cooling the volcano seemed a better idea. A pair of red wings sprung from his back "Do you need a lift or can you fly?" he asked as he stretched the ruby colored reptilian wings. "I have been told i am a Fun mount." he added with a grin as his body once again began to expand and grow into his full sized form. Back in his larger form he smiled again which wound up looking like a growl.

His tail tip flicked back and forth excitedly as if moving to the sound of a hidden and quick paced metronome. The air around him would fill with the warmth of his high body temperature and he lowered his head leaning towards the two who stood before him so that climbing on would be easier. "I wont bite, i promise." he said now in a guttural gravely voice with the base of a thunder crack.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Daryl let out an exasperated sigh as he watched alexandria vanish with the magical greek cab driver. "Tha F**k?" he asked pulling out his smart phone to track her only to see a missed messages From his CO.

"Hammer. Report to the Portland airport, we are begining operation Industrial."

Hammers eyes Glowed Slightly in anticipation. He had been petitioning the army to grant him a squad again but since his last 2 command posts both resulted in every ones except for him coming down with a severe case of deadness he didn't think he would get the go ahead. "I guess something spooked the Fat cats" he said texting Sir Glory.

"Your shift Pansy."

He then stuffed his phone back into his pocket and cracked his neck before leaping like a giant man-flea over the horizon landing right in front of the Airport Coincidentally right in front of his least favorite human being..."Well if it isn't the Blue B**ch."...

It was a few hours Flight from mexico city to portland but to Marco it felt like a few minutes. He never took off his mask, even when he was wearing his buissness attire like today and because of this his fans were always able to pick him out of a crowd. He spent most of his time on the plane telling starry eyed children stories of his exploits, albeit the less dark ones. By the end of the flight he had parents and even stewardesses enthralled. Granted a few people seemed annoyed, but he knew you couldn't win them all over.

He was basically waved through security so that the guards could take selfies and get autographs, besides no one expected Marco To be a danger to anyone. He was a hero after all, he turned back when he was at the door to wave to the last of the fans. However when he turned his smile immediately fell when he saw the scowling face of Daryl Palmer. "Be mindful of what you call me Senior. You wouldnt want people to think your only loss came from a "b**ch" would you?" he added air quotes to the last phrase before adjusting his tie and grabbing his suitcase. Hammer began to show the micro-expressions for aggression but Marco cut him off before he could respond. "I am actually very busy so if you want to schedule another fight you can call my agent otherwise i am sure you have work to be doing. Goodbye Hammer." he said stepping around the large man and hailing a cab telling the cabbie to take him downtown.
@open

~Dexter Heidrich: Digerati~​

Dexter watched as Miserbell approached his mentor. He seemed...disturbed. It wasn't his expression itself that made him uneasy, but the fact that it was on the usually chipper man's face was what unsettled him; so, he couldn't help but listen intently to what his mentor was telling the other apprentice. A missing child? While missing children were definitely upsetting, it wouldn't have warranted such an extreme reaction from both his mentor and the apparent father of the child. Ida Lessen...Information popped up on his helmet's monitor as his eyes scanned each word for a clue. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but anything worthwhile wouldn't just be sitting in plain sight. The genius's concentration was interrupted when the data on his screen abruptly disappeared, only for his mentor's face to replace it. Up close, he appeared even more worn than before, "Look, you don't need to help, we're looking for a little girl that's been taken by terrorists. You have no obligation to help with the search, but I'd appreciate it if you did."

As soon as his mentor finished his sentence, Dexter answered with a short, "I'll help, just let me see what I can find." He didn't wait for a response before his monitor was displaying Ida Lessen again; even if his mentor tried to talk him out of it he'd already made up his mind. The drunken man was one thing, but this was his territory; scouring for information was a talent of his. What kind of terrorists would kidnap a little girl though? There weren't many that he could think of, especially with her socio-economic background. We can safely rule out kidnapping for ransom money.... Dexter forcefully ended his musings, focus! He couldn't afford to be distracted! The quicker he found something about what happened to Ida, the better her chances were. He didn't want to think about what'd happen if they were too late. The young man's eyes flew across the words on his screen and disregarded most of it; most of it was useless trivia anyways. I might have to hack into some private records. Although the firm that contracted him publicly disapproved of illegal activities, Dexter knew that they'd turn a blind eye if it would somehow help find this kid. Just can't let the government find out. He'd been fined before and to say that his parents weren't happy was an understatement. At least it didn't go on my record.

Deathkitten Deathkitten OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back