• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Superhero World ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
A "sports & events venue with stadium & field hosting Major League Soccer, college football & more."

Time: 15:05
At Scene:
Apprentice/Intern Superhero Digerati, another Apprentice/Intern Superhero, Superhero Edward, and five non-powered officers.
Threat Level: Two
Known Threats: Powered drunkard

latest
The boy frowned, looking at Edward's hand. He sighed and moved over to some stadium seats to sit down. "I don't want to be painted as a villain, man," he explained, shaking his head as he rubbed his face with his hands, "I've never so much as stolen a piece of candy from a store, ya know? I don't even usually get drunk."

"I'm only here to try to blow off some damned steam. I can't do anything else, seein' as nobody will listen to me," he muttered, grumbling into his hands, "You can only really get the police to listen to you if someone's been missing more than a certain amount of time... so I got turned away. I got told to ask relatives if they have her. I got told to ask her mom if she has her, then come back in a few hours... or maybe tomorrow morning."

"You don't just... do that, man. I can't just sit around wondering where my little girl is, damn it," he rubbed his face and glanced at Edward, "I called her mom, I called her relatives... nobody seems to give a damned about her aside from me. Just because I'm not the mom though, because I'm the dad, I don't get taken fuckin' seriously. I don't know where she is. I looked for hours. She's only seven, how far could she have gone by herself? So I can't do a damned thing. What more do I have to do at this point but worry, drink, and wait for the police to decide that it's been long enough to give a damn?"

At the same time, the floating woman sighed and lowered down to just an inch or two above the ground. Her arms were nervously folded in front of herself as she glanced at the drunk man, "Yeah I'm fine... I don't think he was really trying to hurt anyone, just being... well... drunk. I'm happy you two came along. I have no idea what I'm doing yet. Smashing and bashing and all that's easy enough, but actually talking to someone? Trying to calm down a drunkard? That's... not something I've learned how to do yet... Plus the person who's assigned to me ran off like an asshole, so I was stuck here by myself."

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Kyrenka Kyrenka

Pharaoh

Azeem bowed slightly to helios enough to acknowledge his status without showing subservience. Nodding to the officer he turned to the Olympian "I am not sure My friend. The water springs from an unknown magical source. There are no pipelines or sources i can detect." he said as both of his clones returned to him, one soaking wet, stepping into his body as one would go through a doorway. His body shimmered slightly as the gems reappeared in their slots. "I have a bad feeling about this." he added as he stopped walking towards the sun god.

He straightened up a bit as Helios mentioned mortals. "Surely in this day and age it would be unwise to underestimate mortal man. They have come so far since I last knew them, and that was but mere decades ago...i wonder how you even recognize them after so much time." he pondered as he began to ready his magical energy...something didnt feel right here. Unknown magic sources, springs of seemingly sentient water, and fate had seen fit to put both he and Helios here. He noticed a look of realization wash over helios and asked "What is it? What do you see?"
BDark BDark

The Hammer

To say the big man was surprised would be an understatement. He had hoped the huge creature would offer more resistance. However his surprise quickly turned to bewilderment when the Flash bang barrage hit. It was loud but hardly deafening, the flash was what caused him the most trouble as it blinded him causing him to shout. "Ghaaa check yer aim B**tch." he shouted but was pretty sure he was drowned out by the popping sound he didnt catch the origin of.

Searing hot liquid splashed over him washing over every nook and cranny of the hammer. His super suit was heat resistant sure but only up to about 900°f. Yet that was more for everyone elses sake not his. Needless to say the 2000°+ temperatures of the beasts magma bubble made short work of such materials. By the time the magma had drizzled off of his face it was very apparent that the man was seething with fury. His hair was completely removed and he stood stark naked balder than the day he was born.

His Glowing red eyes locked on the tiny puppy looking thing and he took a step towards only to hesitate. Sins of the father should never have to fall on the child, but most importantly the little pup reminded him of his own pup he grew up with as a kid, long gone due to age. Yet the momentary lapse was enough to soothe his fury for a moment. But the dog looking at him with its begging eyes was starting to annoy him. "Get outta here ya f**kin mongrel." he said lightly tossing a stone at the dog to chase it off before storming off back towards the now burning bar, both sets of cheeks red as a tomato. "I WANT MY GOD DAMNED STEAK" he shouted kicking the door back in apparently unhindered by his lack of attire.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Professor Polymer

James stood behind a red curtain preparing himself for the coming speech. He wasnt sure why the university had asked him to speak on behalf of their chemical department, it wasn't like he was an alumni or even affiliated with the school. But nonetheless he hoped his words could inspire at least one person. However the gunshots immediately took him out of his preparation phase. He turned looking as his agent who gestured for him to go.

James took off running for a few steps before his legs curled like springs and shot him upwards where his arms flattened out into large wing like appendages. From his aerial view he hoped to get an eye on the perpetrators, at the same time he used his small communicator to contact his agent on the ground. "Winston, i need you to patch me through to the local police radio channel...two way please." "Roger that Professor." the agent said below as the professor scanned the campus grounds slowly descending.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Guiren Nyverk: Calamity Force~​

Hunching over his desk, Guiren smacked his police scanner a few times. "Useless piece of shit," he muttered under his breath. Honestly, the machine was garbage. The vigilante barely had enough cash for rent, so he ended up choosing a place that didn't have internet or cable. He ended up buying the old police scanner from a pawn shop in order to stay in the loop of what was going on around Portland. Not like I actually know what's going on, he thought darkly as he roughly shook the abused machine. Sirens had passed by his apartment more than a few times, causing him to finally roll out of bed to try to figure out what the fuck was going on. Fury rose to the surface as he heard more sirens pass by. "FUCKING-!" Slamming the police scanner on the table out of anger, Guiren felt his patience snap. Fine! I don't need it anyway! He rose from his chair and turned away when the newly dented machine crackled to life. Whirling around again, he excitedly hovered his hands over the police scanner. More static poured out of the machine before words could finally be heard.

"Gunshots....University of Portland....dispatch....robbers...." With one last crackle the machine finally died. Shit. He'd have to find the money to get a new one. Or I could steal one, he rebelliously thought. That didn't matter now though, what mattered was that there was apparently a robbery at the University of Portland. Honestly, how hard could it be? Guiren couldn't think of anything important that a university would keep on campus, so it probably wasn't a huge threat. However, the vigilante was awake and needed to burn some anger; he glared at his destroyed police scanner but the machine stayed quiet. Throwing on some clothes, he opened his window and peered out. If he remembered correctly, the university was a little ways up the river. Guiren brought his powers to the surface and made his body float slowly out of his window. North and across, right? His ears suddenly perked up as sirens once again wailed in the distance. Grinning, the vigilante sped towards the river. If he got lost, he could always count on the police cruisers to lead him there.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

There were a few things that Alexandria expected to happen:

To begin with, she expected the stereotypical "You'll never catch me alive, copper!!!" line that even nowadays some villains could be caught (and turned into jokes) saying. She expected the beast to go after Hammer and eat him. She expected the beast to start slamming into buildings to cause more chaos, forcing them to shift gears and save people to allow it to continue rampaging. She even thought that maybe, just maybe, the voice that she heard laughing before would have stated that they would surrender, even though that was a slim chance. Beating someone like the Hammer and getting vengeance on a villain-turned-probate-hero would have made them big kid on the block.

Instead... It exploded. The goddamn thing exploded into a shower of magma, sloshing onto the streets and the buildings that surrounded it. She was thankful that she was able to re-orient the railgun to a back plate that, once secured, would lift it so that she could walk, which she did so and landed quickly. The charge that had built up in the railgun was dispersing as she had touched down, rushing to the scene and then using her boosters once more to hover over the....

The magma that...

Well, you couldn't beat around the bush with something like this: Hammer was naked and utterly hairless. There were women who only wished that they could look like they got a waxing half as close as what Hammer went through just now, and she didn't think anyone would be up for his hot new tip on how to get groomed for their special someone. Instead of focusing on it, she quickly decided to turn her attention to the pup that was in the epicenter of the explosion. As she went toward the pup, she quickly kicked the top of a fire hydrant off, letting it turn into a geyser to cool off the streets before scooping it up and looking it over.

The thing seemed harmless at first glance, but it looked like a miniature model of what they had just fought, and she suddenly had an idea: If she were to raise it and turn it into a pet or a guard beast, well, who wouldn't run or surrender when she rolled onto the scene? Still, there were things she had to do. Hammer's job was done, maybe, but there were other things to consider.

What was the laugh from before, for instance? Where did they go? It seemed to have originated from the Prost! bar, but they must have been using some sort of cloaking device or magick to hide themselves.

"Detailed thermal images are ready for your perusal, Ms. Norman," came Namina's voice in her helmet. "Also, might I suggest containing the beastling before we continue on? I'm sure you're wishing to investigate further."

She was right. Before Alexandria could actually begin her investigation, there was the pup to consider. Aside from being the offspring of the enormous monstrosity that they just fought, it seemed somewhat relatively harmless.

Shifting the pup into the right arm of her suit, Namina knocked on the left hip of her armor and pulled from it a small band that looked like bent glass made to project images that only the wearer could use - a AR headset of sorts, and turned her hand upward before staying still for just a moment.

"Open armor and release the seal on the inner suit, Namina," she ordered, and only a short moment later, Alexandria slipped out from the back of the armor in what looked almost to be something akin to a Samus suit.

She was a nerd - as if she would pass up the opportunity. Even her hair was tied back into a ponytail and she had another pulse pistol attached to her hip via a magnetic lock a moment later before snagging the glasses from the armor's open hand.

"Alright, Namina," Alexandria started. "Start up the thermal imaging scan on the AR glasses. Get the pup back to the hideout so I can check it out and then get the armor back here."

Alexandria only received a single green blink on the right periphery of her vision once she had the glasses on before her vision switched to black and white - aside from the enormous pool of hellfire read that threatened to blind her. With a quick command, the pool of magma was dimmed and she was able to look around again, trying to find what would have been an invisible source of heat. She was able to accomplish this with the glasses in the lower half of her periphery, half of her vision normal in the evening setting and the lower half the thermal image that was required to pick up what could have been something that should have been in her normal vision.

"So while meat-mallet goes to get his grub on, I guess I'll do the brainy work," she muttered to herself, then started her search of the area. "Whoever was here before couldn't have gone far anyway."

"Then it is no mere mortal." Helios answered, as Pharaoh's clone returned to him, discomfort growing in his voice. He looked around for a moment before landing on the concrete. He opened his mouth, but before he could speak, a tendril of water shot out towards their direction.

Helios raised his hand, quickly generating a solar shield between himself and the tendrils. As the water fell to the ground, he turned to his friend, and his shield disappeared.

This was magic. That bit was obvious. But this wasn't a mere anomaly. He'd have thought otherwise had they not been attacked. But who could it possibly be? One person came to his mind: A picture of a young boy with destructive powers.

However, his thoughts were interrupted with a chill up his spine. As he started to rise, uncomfortable, he addressed Pharaoh.
"You might want to go a bit higher."

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
"The University of Portland is a thriving community of more than 4,000 students, who come from around the nation and the world, as well as over 1,000 faculty and staff. The University is located up on a bluff in a residential neighborhood overlooking the Willamette River and the city of Portland. The school’s location also is the inspiration for its nickname, 'The Bluff.'"

Time: 15:06
At Scene:
Superhero Professor Polymer and Superhero Calamity Force. Police have been dispatched.
Known Threats: Unknown
aab34b6a4f3de47356035fe86e41e4d6.jpg
The perpetrators were quite obvious, especially from height. The group of five was running off-campus heading North, though two of them were flying. They all had bags, and it was unclear which of them had the watermelon-sized stone. One of them noticed the appearance of Professor Polymer, and, as though they had this practiced, the five of them split up.

One went North towards N Fiske Ave., towards residential streets.

One went West towards the college's fields.

One went Northeast towards N Willamette Blvd., on the edge of the residential area.

One flew South towards the river.

The last of them stood their ground, hovering just a few inches up with a grin on their face.

"Which way do you want to go, super? Let's have some fun," he said, a ball of reddish energy growing in his right hand as he waited for Polymer to make his move, "You've got me all excited, but see... we kind of need this rock... so you're outta luck. I appreciate the effort though, I really do."
((Doing these one at a time because I'm too scared of losing all of it.))

WeaselThor WeaselThor Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
"Parents & kids flock to this sunny square with funky totem polls & a wading-friendly fountain."

At Scene:
Superhero Pharaoh and Superhero Helios. There are a number of police vehicles on-route and on-scene.
Threat Level: Two to Three

the_water_elemental_undine_by_xzeromus-d4ejhcf.jpg
The water continued to ripple and deform, no longer taking the shape of a spout. Instead, it reshaped into a rough female form, though it still lacked facial features. The eyes glowed, and despite the lack of a mouth, she appeared to smile. Without legs to her form - the bottom half simply covered with roiling waves of water - she floated upwards.

A pool of water clung underneath her as though there was a bowl to collect it all, and she continued to rise silently until she was at the same height as Helios.

"Do you miss Greece, god of the sun?" she pondered, barely loud enough to hear, her voice warbling same as the water she appeared to be made of.

The woman looked to Pharaoh next, voice and volume the same, "And do you miss Egypt, Pharaoh?"
BDark BDark WeaselThor WeaselThor

akira-takaoka-assassination-classroom-tv-72411.jpg

Edward Woodsman
Edward sat down beside the boy, laying a heavy, calloused palm on the young man's shoulders "You lost your little girl?..."

Edward bit down on his tongue before he spoke again. "I had a little boy y'know, though I don't think he's so little anymore... It's been... five years since I last saw him, and even then, I didn't get a chance to talk to him, courts are weird like that..." His large forearm brushed across his eyes "Oh god... he must be fifteen by now..." Edward shook his head, offering an almost-teary-eyed look to the boy.

"You likely won't be prosecuted for this, I'll do what I can to make sure of it. I hope you can understand that you shouldn't fight these officers, they're just doing their jobs..." Another pause. "... Just... doing their jobs..." Edward set his other hand, more gently this time on the boy's shoulder "You're in no state to go looking for your little girl right now... But I am. Tell me everything you can about her and when you last saw her."

A heavy gulp, a sorrowful face turning ever-so-slowly into a smile. "I will find her. But first, you have to tell me everything. Everything. Then turn yourself in peacefully, when I find your daughter, I'm sure she'd love to run back to a dad with a little bit of community service to do, not a prison sentence..."

Edward rose from the stadium bench, slowly, with only the slightest of groans. "Do you understand me?"

Last edited:
A "warm pub with communal tables & a patio serving hard-to-find German beers, sausages & pretzels."

At Scene:
Superhero The Hammer and provisional Superhero Alexandria. No police are yet on-scene.
Threat Level: Unknown
Known Threats: Hellbeast?

57395b570bef7b4db669078d05631927--fantasy-paintings-art-paintings.jpg
The mid-sized dog-like creature appeared to be in good health, despite having just come from a mass of lava. The pup let out a cute bark as it attempted to chase the rock that The Hammer had thrown. It picked it up in its mouth and turned, attempting to follow the naked Hammer into the pub. It was stopped, however, by Alexandria scooping him up.

The pup wiggled and struggled but eventually just decided to give up and go with whatever the strange roboty lady wanted. Still, it didn't let go of the rock. This was now his rock.

At the pub, the people hiding inside from the monster were still shaking, and one even screamed in surprise as Hammer stormed in. The man who had called the police before fumbled with his notepad and ran off into the kitchen. He definitely assumed that the scary naked man wanted his steak rare.

Only a few minutes later, he had his god damned steak.

Meanwhile, Alexandria had AR glasses working for her. She could see the massive heat signatures from the pools of still cooling rock, as well as the heat signatures from multiple people who were either curiously looking at the scene, or still trying to get the hell away from it.

One heat signature would stand out, however. As she looked at this particular heat signature, it seemed to notice her looking at it and turned to face her. The same voice that had previously been laughing spoke to her alone this time.

"Oh, you're a smart one. A step apart, it seems," the distinctly male, lighthearted voice teased, "It's a shame you're working for the Heroes."

As the voice spoke, its heat signature split into multiple, a total of twelve donning her glasses' view, "I really did need this to work out, but it's far more entertaining to see that... Hammer... individual in the buff. You're just lucky you haven't seen my face. I'd dread to have to kill a Hero so early in the game."

Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor

Jamison Square

As the stream of water Reformed itself into a strange water being who proceeded to question them Azeem couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Egypt is with me wherever i am." he gestured to the lands around them. "Who are you and why do you do this?" he seemed unphased by her appearance, but in actuality his gears were turning attempting to come up with a way to handle this situation and only one came to mind. He let himself levitate off of the ground and prepared his magic channeling it into both his Scarab stone, and His Pharoah Stone. However he Hesitated to act first, most of his strength was in his reaction after-all. "If you can provide the Offence i can provide defense..." he whispered to Helios, hoping the Water woman didnt have some way of hearing him.
Deathkitten Deathkitten BDark BDark

The University of Portland

Spotting the Group Of running individuals James immediately Contacted his agent who has successfully patched him into the police radio channel. "Officers This is Professor polymer. I have five Suspects, four have scattered. North, South, Northeast, And West I will apprehend the fifth suspect. Keep me posted." he said not waiting for a reply as he dive-bombed the fifth suspect allowing his body to become pudding like in an attempt to engulf the Target. The way he saw it a melee attack would be easily counterable, and a ranged attack would prove ineffective seeing as how he was more than ready for it. "You have the Right to remain silent...i suggest you do so." James said as he closed the gap...
Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Prost

If looks could kill the bartender would've been a dead man for Daryls return to an empty counter. However he was surprised by how quickly it got to him, and with blood still in it no less, perfect. "You make a good Steak, im gonna come back here often." he said slapping a U.S Army check and a pen on the table. "Cover the damages, the Steak, and a full round for the house." finally he glanced around at the stares, blushing faces, and Hushed whispers. "WHAT! either ya got a pair of triple XL drawers or Mind ya damned business." he said indignantly. Much to his surprise a man did pass him a pair from the back, the heavy set Hawaiian giving him a nod of approval. "Now thats what i call customer service. Ill tell ya what, anyone give you trouble over here gimme a call." he added carving his number into the bar with his fingernail before rising to leave...

There wasn't enough time to get in cover once she had spotted the thermal image of what she could tell wasn't there with her regular sight. A male, she decided, by the tone of his voice, maybe slightly taller than average had begun to monologue. She wasn't exactly going to interrupt the man, as she knew that overconfidence would really bite him in the ass and allowing him to talk would give her some sort of idea as to why he was here.

Of course, when he said he needed things to work out, he made things more obvious than he had to. The man had somehow gotten the beast here to cause havoc. Distraction, maybe? What was here that the man would be so invested in causing chaos? She couldn't think of anything in the immediate vicinity, aside from the bar, and since there were no banks or jewelry stores in this area she could think of, it obviously meant that he wasn't here for material gain. With that line of logic, it was obvious that either the man was causing a distraction, or gauging the heroes who would respond. So it was time to be just a touch annoying.

"You know," she started, sitting herself into a shooter's stance, shoving down the obvious worry that would arise in anyone when one form became twelve. "I never understood, even as a villain, why a villain would monologue. Mind you, I'm only here for a pardon and a check from Good Ol' Uncle Sam, but it doesn't particularly change anything. So I'm going to cut you a deal:

"You and your clones can surrender, put your hands on your heads, go down to your knees and cross your ankles, or I'm going to put four million volts through whichever one of you is actually real. If you're all solid masses, that'll just make it more fun. Deal?"

Of course, she knew the man wasn't going to take the deal. She was just waiting for the Meat Mallet to come back and see her talking into nothing but empty space. By the time he was back, she was sure she would have her armor here and ready. THen she could pass the glasses off to him and make sure he was effective. For now, though, she had to buy time.

"Hell," she continued. "Surrender and maybe Uncle Sam might take an interest in you. It's a pretty nice paycheck if money is a motivator.

"But that can be hashed out if you surrender: How did you get Clifford the Big, Black, Lava-Spewing Dog here?"

(There isn't much she can do here at the moment since there's no immediate action other than the splitting happening here, so there isn't a lot to this post)

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

~Dexter Heidrich: Digerati~​

Dexter felt his heart clench a little. "Your mentor just...left?" The hero couldn't wrap his mind around the idea of a mentor leaving his trainee. Was it fear? Sparing a glance towards his own mentor and the suspect, he saw that the two seemed to be bonding. No, not fear. The drunk didn't seem that threatening if it came to a fight. Was it a learning experience? A chance to have the apprentice learn how to do things on her own? Dexter took in the young hero's worn face; no, if her mentor really cared he would've stuck around and intervened when she wasn't succeeding. Maybe there was an emergency? The screen inside his helmet fed him information as more incidents occurred in the city; some of them more important than others. Her mentor could've easily left in a hurry to help with one of the other threats.

Once again, Dexter cast his gaze back towards his mentor. However, it was possible that her mentor abandoned her without reason. His father had always cautioned him about blindly trusting authority figures, but when his own mentor acted so friendly he didn't see a reason not to trust him. His mentor has had his back at every situation they were called to; he couldn't imagine the man leaving him alone when he couldn't handle the job. Then again, some apprentices don't have reliable mentors. Forcing himself to stop overanalyzing things, Dexter focused on the apprentice. Realizing that he still didn't know who she was, Dexter asked, "Who am I speaking to?" Reaching into a compartment on his shoulder, he pulled out his hero license and showed it to the hero. "I'm Digerati, an apprentice level hero." Gesturing over his shoulder, he continued, "My mentor is over there."

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Deathkitten Deathkitten

In his defense, Guiren could've gotten there a lot faster if he actually knew where the university was; but, he didn't and got there with the police. Once he was there, however, he could easily make out a group running away from the campus. Gotcha! The vigilante raced after the group and quickly left the police behind. He had almost made it when some...thing beat him there and caused all of the thieves to split up. Jerking to a halt, Guiren scowled at all of the scattering figures below him. Fuck! How am I supposed to catch them now? They were too far apart for him to draw them back together, so he'd have to choose one of them. Looking down, he watched as one stray member stopped and faced the creature that was chasing them. The creature itself looked like an alien or something. A hero? Non-human members of society weren't unheard of, but he'd never seen one before. Ugly bastard, he internally snarled.

Guiren watched as the thing seemed to melt. Even from this distance he could tell that the creature was going to try and capture the thief. Of course, the vigilante could leave the possible hero be and go after one of the other thieves, but that wasn't much fun now, was it? Besides, Guiren reasoned with a sharp grin, he's butting in on my fun. With that, the dark haired man let himself fall until he was right above the thief. Extending his right leg and using his abilities to increase its force, he aimed one hell of a kick at the robber's head.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

Helios was surprised by the water lady before him. Her voice was soft and low, but it was strong nevertheless. He could feel her power.
"Perhaps I do." He answered her question, his eyes glowing for a very brief moment. She looked like a projection of Poseidon's, but she wasn't. He'd know if it was a Greek diety. Still, her presence made him feel quite a bit unsafe.

"Who sent you? What are your intentions?" He asked her. While she did make him uncomfortable, she didn't actually do much damage, surprisingly. No deaths or injuries other than a few scratches, and property damage was very minimal. But she had also just seemingly attacked them.

He looked past her transparent, shifting body and into her glowing eyes, which seemed to follow him even though they lacked pupils, and at the same time seemed to follow the Pharaoh.

"What brings you here?"

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited:
"The University of Portland is a thriving community of more than 4,000 students, who come from around the nation and the world, as well as over 1,000 faculty and staff. The University is located up on a bluff in a residential neighborhood overlooking the Willamette River and the city of Portland. The school’s location also is the inspiration for its nickname, 'The Bluff.'"

Time: 15:08
At Scene:
Superhero Professor Polymer and Superhero Calamity Force. Police have been dispatched.
aab34b6a4f3de47356035fe86e41e4d6.jpg
Had to give it to the frustrating ability of Superheroes to do the unexpected... he really, really did.

The super in front of him, Professor Polymer? Sure. He didn't expect him to be on campus today. It must have been a last minute booking or something... or perhaps they were just too oblivious and had missed that detail. The foot coming down onto his skull, however? That was an unexpected turn of events.

He had prepared a little something ahead of time, the ball of reddish energy making such apparent. That was the only positive part to this whole wrench in the works. As Calamity Force came down atop his head and Professor Polymer followed suit, a dome appeared around them, several meters in diameter.

The man made a burst of energy to roughly send Calamity and Polymer further off before standing back up to his feet himself, head pounding with a significant cut along his brow from the kick.

"No playing around then, I suppose," he muttered, a pack of black cards appearing in front of him. The man drew one, flicking it back and forth between his fingers with left hand, the other hand against his pained brow, "Let's see how long this lasts then." With a quick movement of his hand, the card shot forward at impressive speeds, sure to slice into its target if it were to connect. In this case, it aimed for Professor Polymer.

If it hit, great, but even if it missed... the black deck fanned out in front of the man, the dome around them darkening significantly.
Kyrenka Kyrenka WeaselThor WeaselThor

A "sports & events venue with stadium & field hosting Major League Soccer, college football & more."

At Scene:
Apprentice/Intern Superhero Digerati, another Apprentice/Intern Superhero, Superhero Edward, and five non-powered officers.
Known Threats: Powered drunkard

latest
The drunken man fell silent through most of Edward's explanation, holding his head in his hands as he quietly contemplated whether or not his child was dead. Once he seemed to finish, standing and asking for information, the man sighed deeply.

"Ah... yeah...," he muttered, looking up from his hands at Edward, "Earlier today, we were out and about. We went... we... ugh... We went to a park to walk the dog. I looked away for two seconds to grab a couple hot dogs from the vendor, turned around, and she and the dog were gone. They just up and disappeared."

"Fuckin... The police didn't believe me, but there was a note left there. I swear there was. It said 'She is needed' with the... the fucking O and an A on it. After I read it the thing disappeared. The police thought I was fibbing because of the damned scares going on. They've gotten a lot of false calls and stuff like that... but damn it...," he shook his head, slamming his fist down on the bench with tremendous force, "What the hell does anyone need a seven year old for?!"

While the other two talked, the apprentice girl grumbled and shook her head, taking out her licence, "Miserbell, though... I'm not set on the same yet. I fly. I manipulate emotions... to a degree... I'm not good enough yet to change around a drunk person's mood, apparently." She tucked it back in her pocket and zipped it closed, sighing again, "I can't really say why he left. He seems to like to do that. Builds character... or something. I th-"

She got interrupted by the aforementioned shouting and just about jumped out of her skin, staring at the man again with renewed concern, "Is... ah... is your friend going to be okay with him...?"
Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

"Parents & kids flock to this sunny square with funky totem polls & a wading-friendly fountain."

At Scene:
Superhero Pharaoh and Superhero Helios. There are a number of police vehicles on-route and on-scene.
Threat Level: Three

The water woman rippled more firmly, surface shimmering as though glitter had made its way through her for a short moment. She seemed to contemplate their answers and their questions, looking between the two of them with her glowing and unblinking eyes, which were still without either pupil or iris.

"I have become," she stated simply, as though that were a suitable answer to the questions being asked.

Her form twitched slightly, looking uncomfortable for a moment before her body splashed into the pool of water held up below her. Quickly, however, it reformed to appear the same as before, as if nothing had happened.

"Do you listen, Pharaoh? What do they sound like?" she queried, moving closer to the two of them, though she seemed to be focused on Pharaoh at the moment, "Why do they guide you? The old, yes? And you are the new. Interesting..."

"And you," she said and turned to Helios, floating even closer to the sun god, "Do your sisters Selene and Eos miss you? You are a trio not to be trifled with, yes? If I remember... memories are fickle... same as a creek."

A "warm pub with communal tables & a patio serving hard-to-find German beers, sausages & pretzels."

Time: 15:12
At Scene:
Superhero The Hammer and provisional Superhero Alexandria. No police are yet on-scene.
Threat Level: Unknown
Known Threats: Hellbeast?

maxresdefault.jpg
The invisible man laughed heartily, more than amused at her commentary.

"Oh yes, the classic monologuing," he teased, his grin apparent in his tone, "How could I be so daft? Mm... however, dear, there's a bit of a hiccup in your plan. I'm afraid it won't be that easy for you. What do you plan to do if none of us are physical?"

One of his copies disappeared suddenly from view, then another, and another, until there were only three of him remaining. They all were casual in their stances, hands in what were likely pockets or on their hips or the like. Loose and comfortable.

Suddenly, a copy appeared behind Alexandria while fog started to fill the surrounding area. The voice clearly emanated from that one now, instead of the others, "You're just a little out of your depth while alone... and especially with your suit preoccupied. There are three other incidences happening in the city right now... powered incidences, that is. One isn't even being taken seriously, despite it being so obvious. Another is a fun little game of cat and mouse... and the last one... well. That's an interesting mess that honestly even I don't understand yet. Monologuing aside, I think you picked the most interesting one to show up to, especially for you... Heh. Heck, you even got a pet out of the deal. How nice of me... adopt, don't shop, right?"

If she tried to attack this copy, she would find that it was incorporeal, and most likely a magical hologram.

Jamison Square

The pharaohs of old began to grumble in discomfort once they were mentioned yet Pharaoh Silenced them in his mind. You shake easily, be calm old men. he then regarded the water woman. "You are under arrest for Destruction to public property, and Disturbing the peace. Come quietly and the consequences will be less severe." he seemed to ignore her comment but he was still quite unnerved that she knew so much about them, while they knew nothing of her. Even still he maintained his confidence as two clones leapt out of him, and one clone leapt out of each of them as the glided into place forming a pentagon about 60 meters across with the water woman in the center. Each clones hands glowed green While their bodies shimmered with greyish energy he had two defenses ready for if she attacked, yet he hoped she would surrender peacefully. Perhaps she wasn't a threat but merely a newcomer to this realm...
Deathkitten Deathkitten BDark BDark

Prost

Now at least wearing pants Hammer stepped outside again spotting Alexandria outside of her armor for the first time. A lewd grin spread across his face as he regarded her figure only to fall into a scowl as he saw her talking to empty air. He sighed wishing he could just regard her as crazy and laugh it off, but things were rarely that easy for him in this business. "Who are you Talking to...and if you say no one you will regret it." he said as he approached Alexandria with his index finger tucked into his thumb preparing to flick her if she gave him some bullshit answer. His other arm seemed to relax at his side. In reality his muscles were like a snake preparing to strike, not at Alexandria but at whatever she may or may not be talking to. Whatever they were if they showed up with a problem would be getting much more than a Flick...

University of Portland

James Grinned, though one likely couldn't see it due to the Strange darkening dome around them "Now now young man, none of that." james said creepily as the card sunk halfway into his side, the crackling light it emitted flickering briefly before the card was spit onto the ground. He placed his hand into the strange black shield and felt a few grams of himself slip away into the barrier accompanied by a searing pain. "Yeeouch...Now that is impressive...What did you say your name was?" he probed the young man for information, but mainly he just wanted to piss him off so he would stay focused on him and not shift his attention to the idiot he assumed was a vigilante of some kind. Meanwhile thin tendrils of slime burrowed into the ground from his heels. Finding no barrier beneath the ground. "One moment...i cant really see you very well in here." he then melted into a puddle sinking into the ground and following his tendrils to the surface bursting out of the ground a fraction of a second after he vanished and meer feet from the suspect. "Much Better...The police and my Colleagues have been informed of your friends paths. Not to mention i just so happen to know a particularly skilled and affordable private investigator. Your friends will be found and you will all be going to jail, however if you wish to Vent a bit more..." he interrupted his own monologue bursting himself into several writhing tendrils reaching for the suspect...meanwhile the reason for his rant became apparent as more tendrils rose up behind the suspect from beneath the ground bending inward to block the back and top. "By all Means Show me what you are made of!" he said in a voice that sounded like it came from no human lungs, rather it sounded as if a demon from the depths of some dark nightmare. Inwardly James snickered, wondering if his act would be bought, even if it wasn't he did have a decent attack set up.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Alien Antarctic base ~> Victoria Powered Detention Facility.

Roger stood hovering in front of the giant liquid metal computer monitor watching the dialogue between two otherworldly trade ships in the Oort cloud. Everything seemed in order there but buzzing in the corner of the screen popped up with the notification marked "Juniors Phone". A little program he had constantly monitoring his sons well being by keeping tabs on his location and marking keywords. This one was flagged for having a keyword. When he brought it up his eyes crackled with worry. "Power up the Geo Nuclear reactor...And send a message to VPDC, ill be there in ten." he turned hovering into the now opening Reactor core already feeling the warm glow of the radiation...

It was almost five minutes later that he left the reactor fully charged. He floated high above his base as it initiated its radiation and blast shielding. After waiting for it to complete he finally shot forward, detonating a powerful atomic blast behind him to boost his flight to Hypersonic levels. His bones rattled but he was making good time. He crossed from the south pole to Argentina in under a minute, making it to Panama in two, North Texas in three, colorado by minute 4 and finally by minute five He came to a devastating crash landing a few dozen miles off target from the detention center, leaving a smouldering crater 30 meters wide, but managing to emerge from the crater with no apparent injury. Now within communication range he tapped his earpiece radioing for the prison radio tower. "VPDC this is Atom Smasher, i just landed a dozen miles west of you be at your location in under a minute confirm Over..." he said breifly reminiscing on his time with Nasa.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

What he was saying wasn't making sense to her. Considering the fact that a form of some sort must be present in order to give off at least some degree of thermal energy, even with Magick (at least from what she understood in her dealings with magick-inclined villains), it had to mean there was some semblance of mass, otherwise they wouldn't occur, unless this was Entropy-level magick. Just thinking about that prospect made her skin crawl, but this couldn't be the same guy. Entropy was locked up - likely had wards surrounding his cell so that he couldn't cast in it or cast outside of it. He would've even been cut off from any kinds of set-ups he would have made before.

She was getting distracted, and she knew she was because she let one of the bastards pop up right behind her. Immediately after he began talking behind her, Alexandria launched herself to the left and twisted hard, pointing her pulse pistol behind where she was before and fired. The round didn't look anything larger than a .22, and was made of something between a fluid and a solid. On impact, though it would obviously just pass through the hologram, it would release an electrical charge large enough to put down an African Elephant with one-hundred-percent consistency. The fluid was one of her own inventions, and she was proud of it, even if it did nothing to the copy.

At least they know she wasn't screwing around. Take that, jerk.

It was only a few seconds later that the suit had come back, slamming down in front of her and opening to not only shield her, but allow her to climb in - which she did with such speed that she was already in, set, and had her pistol ready again in only a second. Her left hand was occupied by the thermal imaging glasses for only a second before she slid them into her chest plate and, after now finding herself not in the middle of the three or four goons, she had her answer: This - all of this, was a distraction. Everything that was going on. Namina was already beginning to triangulate the incidents that were going on as the reports came in, as well as figuring out possible locations outside the area that the incidents made up, matching the locations with the effective ranges of spellcasters and ringleaders that have been known by world governments that were currently out of prison.

"So you admit all of this is a distraction," she noted, keeping her eyes on the copies, Namina's routines also running sensors around her in her blind spots. "Giving out a bit too much already, aren't you?"

With the appearance of the Hammer now in shorts, Alexandria didn't even have to look to toss the glasses that she had before towards him. It was an easy toss - twenty feet between the two of them wasn't much, especially for the armor, and she wouldn't even explain as she kept her pulse pistol level with one of the three. He would see what she was dealing with once he put them on.

"Clones," she said as soon as he put on the glasses to see the heat signatures. "Possibly a mage. If he isn't, then he's working with a mage and they're projecting copies. He's too embarrassed to show his mug. He says we got the most 'Interesting' situation out of all of them, so he knows what's going on in the others."

Time: 15:13
At Scene:
Threat Level: [div class=clickDiv style="cursor: pointer; display: inline;"]Unknown[/div]

maxresdefault.jpg
The man chuckled again, not moving as she attacked him. That was no matter. Her little attack simply went through him the same as fog though it was impressive tactically, the image dissipating ever so slightly before reforming. Her suit complicated things, but it was still just another drop in the bucket.

He extended his voice to reach The Hammer as well, "I suppose this could all be called a distraction. I moreso like to note the general lack of attention that the Superheroes of especially the United States shares. I have disdain for them, as many a villain does. I could explain to you the whole plan, the big picture, and it wouldn't change anything."

"Mind you, I'm not so cocky as to try that route," he continued with another, amused laugh, "Anything can get derailed, even the most well thought out plans."

The one that was behind her stretched, clearly looking her suit up and down, "Tempest escaping, along with you don't know who else yet... This hellbeast... A Father missing his daughter... a heist... and some... deity? I think? Again the last one baffles me. The whole child situation, on the other hand. Well... that one's just unfortunate. Kid has abilities that just haven't been... ah... for lack of a better phrase... squeezed out of her yet. I do think she's been deemed useful for them."

"Oh, and how could I forget? A beastly deity simply satisfied with watching from a cab," he said, dryly huffing out his nose in distaste, the rightmost form turning to look in the direction of the cab in question, "Not much escapes our view when we... ah... I'm doing what you seem to think I shouldn't. Too much information, yes? Well... since you don't want it, I suppose I'll hush up."

The villain formed back into one hologram and turned, walking away from the Superheroes slowly, no physical attack able to make contact considering the lack of anything physical there to hit. He was there to observe and had done so, as far as he was concerned.
[script class=clickDiv on=mouseenter]
setText "0̸̢̡̨̡̡̡̨̢̡̡̧̧̧̡̛̫̺̪̜̖̦̼͙̭̠͇͔̱̘͈͖̤͙̗͕͖͙̩̝̪̖̮̯͉̭̻̲͙̳͉̹̱̪͈̬̟̦̳͕̲̼͔͕͇̗̜͖̞͔̖͇͎͉̖̞̤̗͉̗̫̭̲̭̯̹͖̪̠͇̰̞͖͎̫̜̬̠͔̯̤͉͍̜͎͇̩̗̙̩͎͖͈͖͍̮̟̼̱̻̙͎̱̜̗̘͕̮̳̟̜̖̯̤̜̝͙̮͙̰̩̣̗̣̰̠̞̖̘͔̹̩͕̼̳̪͓̰̮͍͙̣̳̲̲͖͎̮̝̙̮̠͓̮̗̹̝̤͖̠̟̲̹̦̣͕͚̺͇̝͙̪͈̻̞͖̰͚̟̟̳̻͚̗͆̃̊̈́̋̃̾́̐́̏̌͒̉̎̍̊̃͗̾̉̍̅̔̆̓̋͛̓̈́̉͒̃̇̇̆͐̽̊̌̄͆̋̆̈̄̎̏͐̅̀͒̏̓̂͌̑͆̔̈̃̑̆͂̀͗́̀̍̚̚̚̚̚͜͝͠͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅF̶̨̡̨̧̢̢̡̡̨̢̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̲̘̣̼͖̟͇̰̲̦̘̤͕̠̪̯̮̜̫͕̗͚͖͇̟͕̦̩͇̻͙̩̱̫͍̣͚̞̯̗̯̝͎͕̙͍̮͖̪̲̫͎̖̺̩͉̩̳̜͉͕͙͕̘͙͔̖͔͍̪͓͓̤̣̥͕̜̪̲͙̞̩̗͉͕̩̠̞͔̦̪̘͕͚̖̯̗̭̣͔͉̳̦̜͖̟̥̪͓̜̲͖̲̯̯͓̤̱̺̰̤͙̩̙̻̰̤͔̞̥͇̼̈̊̈́̀́̈̓̽̎̋̈́̇̀́̾͂͌̃́̑̌̉͂̆̓̃̐̆́̆́͐̈́͐̓͒̎͗̀͋͑̏͋͊̑́͑̉̐͐̍̓̓́̒̔͌̀̽͗̀͒̊̃̈́̏͆̀̈́͗͐̋͑̍̄̄͛̒͊̆̎̈́́̏͒̃̌̈́͐̎̿͋͘̕̚͘͘͘̚͘̕̚͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅ0̶̛̛͉̮̫̫̹͕̠͑͆̌̈́́͂͗̈͒̈̊̐̈́̿̿͐̐̈́͌̈́͑̓̄̓̀͆̇̽̅̾͊͗̏̈́̍̉̒̈́̎͆̒͗͗͋̿̄̽̈́͗̓͂̔̿͐̊͊̾͑̊̍̎̀̑͑̆̽̓̓̇̒͊̐̀̍͂̽̾̇͌̍̉̐̿͐̍̿̿͂̽͋͗́͆͆̈͗̀̀͐̈͛́̍̒͗͗̌̌̎̀̅͂͑͗͒̃̅̅̇̓͒̃̑́̐̉̃̍̋́͌̓̽̓̈́͂̃́͌̓͂̅͒́̍͋̈́̾̋̑̓̎̅̔͋͐͛̄̏̿̔̓̓̍͛̀̈́̋̀̈́͑̊̇̆̓̀͛̓̉̆͌̿͐̃̿̈́̕̚̕͘̚͘̚̕͘͘͘̚̚̕̕͘̕͘͝͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝Ï̴̧̧̨̢̢̡̡̢̡̡̡̢̧̧̧̡̢̧̨̡̨̨̢̛̛͈̤̥̦̟̹̤̝̗̞͙̰̗̼̮̳̜̰̜̦̱̺̲̝͈͉͖̟̳̣̞̟̲̖͇̳̫͚̩͉̘͈̺̖͕̠̩̘̼̰̣͕̹̩͈͇̠̩̞͉͙̩͇̫̘̝͓̟̟̩͕̪̥͖̻̳̝͎̹̥͈̙̘̼̤̱͇͎͈̳͍͙̠͔̜̺̳̩͉̦̯͉̦͈͖͍͙̜̮̞̳̼͖̯͉̳͖͙̬͕̣͉̟̝̜̳̪̩̝̲̙͓̘͎̜͍̫̩̼͓͎̞̙͚͖̣͛̽͋̈́͐̈́͑͊͋̄̿͒̂͋́͒͆̀̿̄̆̂̽́͒̀̀̂͋̈́̆͋̆͆́͌̃͗̑̃̈͑̀̅͌̿͒̈̽͒̈͊̂́̊̾̀͋̊̔͂͂̎̒̈̇̀̅̄̅̔̀̌̈̂̎͐̿̃̿̀̉͑̓̉͒͆͗͆͂͛̃͗̑̂̋̓̽̚͘͘̚͘̚̕͘̚͜͜͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ0̵̧̧̧̢̨̛̛̖̺̺̠̬͉̩͖̯̱͎͙͎̪͍̞̞͈̼̖̖̙͓͙͖̪̼̖̳̠̦͓̝̲̹̤͇̩̩̝̤̭̣̪̲̼̝̳̠̮̜̃̀͆̌͗͋͂̈́́̄̽̐̿͛͂͌̾̽̋͌̔̄̇͗͐̎̃̀͌̀̈͐̃̉̍̏̌̄̋̽̉́̿͋́͂̂̈́́̏̽́̽̈́͆͑̾͊̏́̽̾̂̀̾͐̿̍̇̅̑͒̅͂͑̽̈́̃̔̈́̀̋̅̽̀̉̋̀̚͘̚̕̕̚̕͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͠͠ͅͅͅV̴̢̧̨̧̡̻̜̝̞̫̤̩͕͍͔̜̣̳̬̘͍̗̖̱̺̖̬̝͈̞̹̥͔̟͇̬̼͓̼̱̞̺͍͈̲̮̤̭̝̙͕̳̪̳̥͈̺̪͍̮͓̖̥̪͎̺̟̤͖̫̣̤̤̥͐̆́̊͗͒͂̓́̈́̏̉̽͘ͅͅ0̵̢̧̧̡̢̧̧̡̢̡̧̨̡̧̢̻̦͙̮͖̫̙̟̟͓̫̳̝̦̹̫̝͕̘̮̥̝̫̙̱̟͙̲̬̯̗̰̭͙̯̖̥͇͓͓̘̼̹̘̮̠̘̝̠͍̯̲̻͇͖̗̺͉̺͈̪̦̻̫̩̱̠̱̦͎͇͈̲̝͔̥̼͙̘͎̖̟̞̫̞̠͙̣̲̫̩̱̥̪̮̤̱̺̟͓͈̳͇̥̥̼͕̝̠͉̰̤̬̠̦̮̻̦̝͎̥̱̺͓͓̩̙̩̙̰͍͍̠̯͍̫͕̤̣̫̘̯͇̫͉̩͕̯͓̮̹͖̰̳̩͆͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅͅȨ̷̢̧̡̧̢̧̢̨̡̛̛̗͖̬̳͉̼̫͖̹͇͙͉̮̬̮̩͉͇̗̪̗̺͕̦͎̖̦̖͚̭̗̟̤̲̥͔͖̘̜͔̥̰̺̞͈̰̹͈̼̯͚͇̙̼̗̤̻̞͎̟̦̗̮̹̦̦͔͇͍̠̖͉̖͙̩̗̠̣̰͖̻̯̫̖͎̗̝͎̯̫̤͙̳͔̭͉͕̰̥͙͖̘͙͙͖͉̈́̅̉̇̒̈́̊̒̽͌̄̈̔̆͌̓́͌̿̀̆͊̿̈̇͐͗̅͒̄̽̈̓̓̿̈́̉̑̓̀́̉̑̾̿̄̃̾̎̏͌͛̆̋̾̓̈́̒̅̈́̓̒̌̂͛̇̍́̏͗̌͑̒̈́̚̕̕̕̕͘͜͜͠͠͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅ0̶̨̡̢̨̡̢̢̛̛̛̠͎̲̝̤̦͔͈͕̠̦̼̥͙͙̥̞̝̠͖̲͙̱̦̹̪̘̼̯̦̘̭̬͔̲̩͍͖̩͇͔͓̟͎͉̲̯̻̞̬͉̘̰̦̟̥͙̮͇̮̯͖͓̰̩̩͙̤͙̮̝͙̥͚̬̫̉̌̈́̏̌̂̏̀͒̍͑͐̾͌̀̑͑̃̒̿́̄́̓̍͒͛́̈̏̒̌͊͑̎̈́̓͊̂͛̓̆̋͋̂͊͋̐̿̀͊͋͛̈́͌̓̅̂̓͆̅̇̀̓̉̾̆̊̒͋͆̅̎̾̏͊̍̋̄̒̃̆̈́͒̈́͂̀̒̈̍͒̉̊̈̆͑̈́̊́̾̃̂̈̔̊̃̈̂̎̃̒̀̈́̽̾̄̅̂̿͑́͘̚͘̚̚̚͘̕̚͘͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅ"
[/script]
[script class=clickDiv on=mouseleave]
setText "Unknown"
[/script]

Last edited:
"Our bond is inseparable," Helios proudly replied to the woman before him, seemingly unshaken by her knowledge. She was the first in roughly two decades to recognize his siblings. However, he was growing even more uncomfortable. Who was she? Whose doing is this? Thought he.

The sun god glanced at Pharaoh briefly, and back to the watery being. The corners of his mouth curled into a very faint smile. He couldn't help but picture his beloved sisters' faces, but he didn't long for both of them. Selene had come after him to America, currently residing in Los Angeles to prepare for the OA, although prior to last week she had been in Alaska, but he had been unable to reach Eos recently.

But something strange was about this figure before him. Something about her seemed somewhat familiar, but he couldn't quite grasp what it was. She reminded him of the Nymphs of Greece, but of course, she wasn't one. At least none that he knew.

He also noticed that she wasn't quite stable, as her form kept flickering, and even fell and rose once more at some point. Perhaps she had to be connected to some water source--a rive or an ocean.

"And indeed, you are correct." Helios went on. "We are a power to be reckoned with, alone or not. We have answered your questions, so now answer us: What is it that you seek?"

However, at that moment, the Pharaoh had cloned himself and commanded her to surrender. Helios turned to him, unease apparent on his face.
"I don't think that's a good idea," the sun whispered to his friend. However, he knew the Pharaoh, and he knew that he had made up his mind. There was nothing he could do now but prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Helios's hands started glowing mildly.

Time: 15:10
At Scene: Superhero Pharaoh and Superhero Helios. There are a number of police vehicles on-route and on-scene.
Threat Level: Three

The woman watched Pharaoh split and prepare to detain her, sadness emanating from her to touch the others. Her sadness feeling almost as if it were their own. A blanket of the lonely aspect of the sea invisibly coating the environment.

[div class=recall style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]"I do not recall, myself. A Nereid or an Oceanid? Perhaps...?"[/div] she half-muttered, the undulating mass of water roughening the more frustrated she became. No tears flowed down her face, for what do tears look like on a being made of water, however, with the emotions that were coming from her, there was no mistaking that she was crying.

[div class=recall2 style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]"I do not recall myself,"[/div] she repeated, though she paused differently for an altogether different meaning, [div class=recall3 style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]"I am muted, dulled, and trapped. By what, I do not know. I cannot fathom who I am, nor how I got to... this world. Even less so do I know what I seek. Information, perhaps? Nothing directly."[/div]

[div class=recall4 style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]"I hardly even recall the year, the date, the time,"[/div] she muttered, form becoming harsher until the crests of her little waves resembled sea foam,[div class=recall5 style="cursor: pointer; display:inline;"]"I know of others, not of myself."[/div]

[script class=recall on=mouseenter]
setText "\"Den thymámai, ton eaftó mou. Mia Niriída í mia apó tis Okeanídes? Isos...?\""
[/script]
[script class=recall on=mouseleave]
setText "\"I do not recall, myself. A Nereid or an Oceanid? Perhaps...?\""
[/script]
[script class=recall2 on=mouseenter]
setText "\"Den thymámai, ton eaftó mou,\""
[/script]
[script class=recall2 on=mouseleave]
setText "\"I do not recall myself,\""
[/script]
[script class=recall3 on=mouseenter]
setText "\"Eímai siopirós, vareménos kai pagidevménos. Me ti, den xéro. Den boró na katalávo poios eímai, oúte pós éftasa sto ... aftón ton kósmo. Akómi ligótero boró na xéro ti psáchno. Pliroforíes, ísos? Típota ámesa.\""
[/script]
[script class=recall3 on=mouseleave]
setText "\"I am muted, dulled, and trapped. By what, I do not know. I cannot fathom who I am, nor how I got to... this world. Even less so do I know what I seek. Information, perhaps? Nothing directly.\""
[/script]
[script class=recall4 on=mouseenter]
setText "\"Egó schedón den thymámai to étos, tin imerominía, tin óra,\""
[/script]
[script class=recall4 on=mouseleave]
setText "\"I hardly even recall the year, the date, the time,\""
[/script]
[script class=recall5 on=mouseenter]
setText "\"Xéro apó állous, óchi apó ton eaftó mou.\""
[/script]
[script class=recall5 on=mouseleave]
setText "\"I know of others, not of myself.\""
[/script]

Guiren grinned as his foot made contact, but his victory was short lived. With a burst of energy, Guiren and the other creature were thrown back. Managing to land on his feet thanks to his powers, the vigilante watched with glee as his opponent winced and wiped blood from his head. Not so tough, huh? A card flew past him but he didn't pay too much attention to it. What really mattered was the black dome around the bastard. In his peripheral, Guiren saw movement. The dark haired man glanced over in time to watch that weird alien thing melt again and disappear. The fuck? Did it run away? Barely a beat passed before the thing emerged inside of the dome. Motherfuc- His thought was cut off when the thing screamed, "By all means, show me what you are made of!" The vigilante flinched hard at the assault on his ears before snarling in frustration. No no no no! He was not about to be shown up by some sentient Play-Doh! Focusing his powers into his right arm, he rushed forward; no forcefield was going to keep him out! Cranking his arm back, he threw all of his strength into the dome.

It was the worst mistake of his life.

Indescribable pain radiated up his arm and he immediately jerked the appendage back. Blood poured onto the ground as a stabbing pain continued to pulse through his ruined hand. Numbly, he realized that the dome was not a forcefield; at least, not a traditional one. He cradled his hand against his chest as his gaze snapped from his hand and back to the dome. The monster was already moving to apprehend the thief. A fucking Level Two threat. For a moment, Guiren couldn't feel his injury through the sudden and powerful wave of rage that swept through him. He's a hero, he's a hero, he's a hero, he's a hero and he can handle a fucking Level Two threat; he had to prove to everyone that he's a hero.

Some distant part of him that was still capable of rational thought reminded him that this wasn't L.A. Nobody from back home was here; he didn't have to prove that he was a hero to these people. Unfortunately, that part of him was drowned out by the roaring of his blood in his ears as he once again focused his powers on his already injured arm and threw another powerful punch at the dome. Like before, agony like no other seared through his arm and he fought the black edging into his vision. He had to keep pushing!

I'm a hero I'm a hero I'm a hero I'm a hero I'm a hero I'm-

A superpowered detention facility located slightly to the West of Victoria, Canada.

Time: 15:13
At Scene:
Superhero Atom Smasher and Superhero Elementa
Threat Level: Three+
Known Threats: Tempest and at least five other escaped Supervillains.
76751246-3d-rendering-of-a-futuristic-prison-cell-block-.jpg
The Victoria Powered Detention Center was, needless to say, not having a very good day thus far. Tempest and others had escaped, blasting a hole through one of the walls of the detention center before doing the same to outer walls. Six personnel were killed in the attack, and two others were injured and are in intensive care at this time.

With the approach of Atom Smasher, they weren't sure if they should be relieved or concerned. He was a little late to the party, but all the help they could get was appreciated. Elementa was already on scene, and had been talking to people for well over an hour by the time he got there. She made her way outside to greet him.

Leaning against one of the supporting pillars of the building, she waved to him as soon as she could see him. Guards let him onto the grounds without any fuss, though they seemed annoyed that he came in so suddenly. Elementa pulled her long braid in front of her and pushed off the pillar gently.

"Been a little while," she teased, smiling dimly, the situation not really one for pleasant smiles, "Come on. We can talk as we walk. I want to show you what happened."

Elementa sighed and started to walk back inside the building, heading to the location of the breakout, "There have been some deaths, unfortunately... They got in the way of the escape, and were taken out of the equation. That's made even more unfortunate by the fact that those who died would be the best to ask about the event. There are two in ICU right now, and once they're well enough we're going to question them."

She turned a corner, the massive hole in the wall just ahead, surrounded by a few guards, police tape, and a couple of other workers. "So. Large explosion. Wall got blown out. None of this was caught on camera due to one of the group member's abilities. They made it to the outer walls and both of them got blown out much the same. Tempest seemed to be the one leading the pack, as it were. They hadn't released the names of the other Supervillains at the time of the escape, but they did a head count and now they're sure of who escaped."

"Damien D. Lautrec, otherwise known as Tempest. Esmeralda Santos, otherwise known as Khan," she listed off, reading from a notepad she had pulled from one of her pouches, "Darren Locks, otherwise known as Shield. Atriabell Vercai, otherwise known as Bells. Adele Kyros, otherwise known as Illusor."

She sighed, looking at the last name on the list, "And... Gravedigger. Current name we have for him is Alois... though you know just as well as I do that that hardly matters. He's the biggest problem of the bunch. Only threat level four that's a single person, if you recall? So... yeah. Hopefully we can find the lot of them before they cause issues... though... I've no idea how we're getting him back in prison without leveling a town... Eh... A worry for later, I guess. So, any thoughts? Questions/concerns? I've been chatting people up for a little over an hour, so you can just ask me and look at my notes. They had to get back to work, after all."

"Oh... and before I forget... what's even more concerning is that Gravedigger didn't even raise any dead on his way out. None. That's not really his typical MO, and I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign."
WeaselThor WeaselThor BDark BDark Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Osuka Osuka

((This post contains information pertinent to everyone. It includes those who have escaped from the prison along with Tempest. Likewise, I have updated the Glossary to include these villains.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back