• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
This is the OOC for the school! Please try to keep all out of character chats here or in PMs.

Last edited:
Blackrose7 Blackrose7 As I said, please ask questions here!

Anywho. Your character would not have the power necessary to make a black hole at this time. That would have the potential to be extremely unfair to other players. A Void Manipulator could potentially do a lot of different things, however, seeing as Void is an absence of things. You could use it rather creatively. My only worry is about keeping things fair.

Ok, so I have a question here. What would you do if somebody has void manipulation, because they might accidentally make a black hole. <- I want my character to have void manipulation. ( My bad. )
Deathkitten Deathkitten
Also alright, and would temporary nullifying a person's power be more acceptable. My character would learn other things, because void manipulation is from nothing. <- They would be a bit scare of the black hole thing.

Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Let me bring in my other mod, Osuka Osuka as they are more well versed in what is or is not okay, since they're familiar with T1 rules - something that basically makes things harder to godmod and whatnot.

K KodomoYamiya Yes! There absolutely are, though they are fairly rare considering the rarity of individuals with powers.

Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Within T1 guidelines concerning effects against other characters, it would have to be agreed upon between both players, but as a steadfast rule, if it directly affects your opponent without a chance for them to counter (in which case a character would have to directly have an ability to counter their abilities being taken away), it would be considered a godmod ability.

I'm very sorry, but I don't think it would be fair to other players if a character had that power. We want to ensure that skill in both prowess and ability are equal between players to make a more enjoyable experience

I do get the "My Hero Academia" anime vibe from the power, though, which is actually the power of my favorite character in that anime, but again, to ensure that it's fair between all players, I'm afraid it would be too much to allow the power to be a player ability.

Otherwise I would have totally snagged it. xD

Ok then I am going for space manipulation, since it won't cause too much of a problem. :) ( You are thinking about Thirteen, my friend. )
Osuka Osuka

is it okay to have a character that uses dark type magic? (the blinding/illusionistic and more defensive type of dark magic, for clarification.)

Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Yeah!! That one!!! It's been a bit since I watched it. I'm at the sports festival right now. ^^

Anyway, if you would like help with ideas for Space Manipulation, let me know in a PM and I'll help out!!

K KodomoYamiya Yes. That would probably fall under the category of Magic Users > Other unless they were an artifact user. Same thing goes as far as making sure nothing happens that controls other characters without their permission, though. :)

Also, to all players:

Please utilize us mods!! We're here to help in any way possible. If you want to work on an ability set for your character and aren't sure if something will work, tag us or send us a PM - we're here to help! :D

I have a quick question! If our character doesn't use magic, should we just leave magical energy blank? Or can that refer to their power as well? Also, in the character rules you said that they total ability power was 350 or lower, but on the sheet it's 700. Which one is it? 700 would be unreasonable as it would lead to godtiering, so I'm thinking 350.
Osuka Osuka

Blackrose7 Blackrose7
Alrighty, but if you do need help, don't be afraid to message! I promise I won't bite or scoff. I'm here to help as much as possible. :3

Kyrenka Kyrenka

1.) Magickal energy, from what I understand, can also refer to your Will or your Energy output (like something from DBZ and such).

2.) With the stats, students are allotted 350 points maximum out of 700, which means you can't go any higher than 350 to start out with, but you will increase your stats as you go through this RP, which will bring you closer and closer to 700. so for now, students are allotted no more than 350 points to do as they see fit. If you would like, you can look at my sheet as an example. :3

Keep the questions comin' if you got 'em, people! :D

^This would be very funny if everybody goes in the opposite direction, because a space manipulator can do this. xD ( I know it won't happen. )
Osuka Osuka

K KodomoYamiya

Actually, using less than 350 can give a lot of room for development with the character and can also make you force yourself to be more clever than powerful within an RP, which means that wit is far superior than the ability to crush a planet with your pinky toe.

As far as I'm concerned, it's not the powers that win the fight: It's the wit of the writer.

Blackrose7 Blackrose7

It might have to be cleared by a mod or the admin, which admittedly I think would be fun, but that would be kinda cool. Space Manipulators can be incredibly precise or level and entire battle field with their abilities if you're thinking more witty than powerful. Like I said to Kodomo - it's wit that wins battles; not power. :3

True, since nobody would figure it out if their movements are reversed.
How to mess with other people: Portals, and reverse their movement. xD
Osuka Osuka

I was wondering what type of magics a paper/origami themed ability would be.

Likely Ritual or Artifact based, but that's also up to Admin at this point. But I would rank it as Ritual considering using scrolls and such fall under that category.

Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Keep in mind, if it's something that affects another character, it must be in if/then format like:

"If the spell were to be successful, the perception of space for those on the field would be reversed," otherwise it's an immediate action and considered a Godmod.
Now, if you allowed a chance for it to be interrupted - if the player can get to you and stop you from concentrating on it by hitting you or otherwise distracting you, it would be legal since it can be stopped if the writer is clever enough to know how to do so. This works in reverse as well, meaning that if something takes time to cast, you as well can interrupt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back