• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Superhero World ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Time: 15:13
At Scene: Superhero The Hammer and provisional Superhero Alexandria, as well as some others.
Threat Level: Unknown
Threats: None

Alois.pngWhat an interesting little game was being played here today. It hadn't been all that long since he'd "escaped" the prison that presumed to hold him. A grin spread his lips, a cold breeze passing through the area almost like foreshadowing brought to life. His old friends were at it again. It had been a while since he'd been able to have some fun, and what a chance it was. His vacation was up, and time to get to work.

Focusing on the precision of his spell, he worked on old spellwork. The kind of work that only a scant few old souls knew, from back when you had to really watch what you were doing... Or you might get sucked out to a place between worlds where you would pray to die. Ah, how volatile the world was then. Drawing the code in his phone to keep it from activating, the man in the white suit grinned to himself. Touchscreens were truly revolutionary for magic. Easy to keep from flowing your magic into your phone, and it's nice and subtle. Putting the finishing touches on the work, a proto-circle one might say, he changed.

His flesh changed tone, going into a deep tan, with curly hair. His thin body, normally thin enough to be called sickly, grew. A lot. He went from being practically a stick man to being almost absurdly buff. His suit changed, too; gone was the clean white three piece, the pristine slacks, the immaculately clean shoes. Instead was sandles and a toga. Walking up to the taxi, it would seem quite odd to anyone who glanced this way... But to the deity in the car, there could be no mistake. This was no crazy in a pinned up towel. This was not just anyone. "It's been a while since Troy," said the very dead Agamemnon. A deep scan would show this was no impostor, but the soul who fought in the great battles of Troy. "Think your car here could take us there?" He asked cheekily as energy of chaos pulsed throughout the car, briefly giving the steering wheel a face, the dashboard sobbing tears of molten glass as the ancient Greek hero tapped Ares' shoulder with the phone and connecting with the deific energy therein.

The resulting blast was... Incredible, to say the least. The divine energy of Ares blew through the region, rocking the nearby bar in it's foundation. Strong enough to destabilize the illusions present. The car, and the concrete below it, were slag. The glass was shot high into the air, first a liquid, then cooling to a solid as it flew into the nearby buildings. All of this occurred as the deity was called out, and all eyes were on the car. This wasn't an attack; it was a show.

Across town, a smirk graced the lips of a man in a white suit, offering a toast to the good fortune to an arms dealer industrial partner of his. It felt good, being back in the game. His foes got too confident with him being locked up. Too comfortable. The OA would fear the man in white, Alois Abadie, The Champion of the Dead. The Gravedigger was back, and he was breaking dirt. After all, people tend to die in war, and he just declared it. With a gag. Declaring war with the energy of War himself; what else could they expect from a god slayer?

Time to shake shit up.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The University of Portland is a thriving community of more than 4,000 students, who come from around the nation and the world, as well as over 1,000 faculty and staff. The University is located up on a bluff in a residential neighborhood overlooking the Willamette River and the city of Portland. The school’s location also is the inspiration for its nickname, 'The Bluff.'"

Time: 15:10
At Scene:
Superhero Professor Polymer and Superhero Calamity Force. Police have been dispatched.
Threat Level: Two
Known Threats: Unknown
aab34b6a4f3de47356035fe86e41e4d6.jpg
This Polymer guy was a lot creepier than he had ever expected him to be. His lack of a solid form reminded him waaaay too much of some not so nice anime moments, and tentacles certainly didn't help with that. He just about jumped out of his skin when the man burst out of the ground only feet from him.

The tendrils shooting towards him in an attempt to ensnare him were horrifying, they really were, but much more horrifying was what the other "hero" was doing to themselves. The man tossed another black card, this time at the ground, teleporting himself slightly away from the encroaching tendrils before looking at the other man in horror.

"What the fuck are you doing you insane masochist?!" he shouted, dropping the barrier, only to look at the man's arm and gag. It had been torn to shreds, muscle and sinew flayed and exposed.

"Okay. Yeah. No. God..." he stuttered, "Not fuckin' doing this to kill people. Don't want that on my head. Fuckin'... just... He needs medical attention. I don't even have the orb that you're looking for. That's on another person. Can you..." He gagged again after looking at Calamity's arm for only a moment, "Go make sure that idiot doesn't bleed out. He's... clearly got a death-wish, and as much as I hate heroes... god... ugh... I don't want that sort of blood on my hands. Hell, it was only meant to trap you guys. You weren't supposed to push into it like a fuckin' honey badger on steroids. Geezus christ."

Kyrenka Kyrenka WeaselThor WeaselThor

Pearl District

After Hearing Helios advise against conflict, then hearing the water woman's tear filled revelation Azeem was shook. He was no stranger to suffering or desperation but her particular pain was one he was all too familiar with. After all twenty years ago he himself felt such pains emerging from the ruined pyramid with a different body and no memory of who he was or how he got there. It was almost 3 years before he found his answers. this one will not suffer as long.

He lowered his raised hands the glow fading, the four clones dispersed into particles of light and returned to Azeem. "Forgive me...I seem to have made an error in my initial judgement. Come with us, we will help you find the knowledge you seek." his words had grown softer and his Accent became more prominent as he dropped his Americanized attitude. As he levitated towards the water girl slowly he gestured to helios. "My friend, i believe we should get her to a more secluded location. There is no telling how much control if any she has over her abilities." he said. Though his mask hid his expressions it was not hard to hear the shame in his voice for not talking first. He hoped Helios wouldn't hold the rookie move against him.
BDark BDark Deathkitten Deathkitten

Victoria Powered Detention Facility

Roger Couldn't help but grin a bit when Elementa waved at him. His colleagues always had a way of setting him straight and between his constant legal battles over the divorce, claimed Domestic violence, And having to get his sons career together he could use all the setting straight one could get. "Too long." he said in response to her first comment speaking with his usual deep voice and straight to the point manner of speaking.

He did infact follow along behind her but on foot rather than in the air. Occasionally he would ask for specific details, but for the most part she answered his questions as he thought them. When they finally made it to the cell and he saw the hole he did a brief scan with his power hoping for a radiation signature he could track but no such luck.

When Elementa added that bit about Gravedigger not resurrecting any dead Roger put his chin in between his thumb and index fingers. "Showing restraint usually means there is a reason. Lets just hope its because he wasn't feeling it instead of he wasn't allowed too...id hate to meet something that could make him obey it..."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

The university of Portland

James didn't notice the boy had teleported out of the way both on account of the speed with which he did so, and because of the gorey scene which had snagged his attention. The man who had kicked the perp earlier had apparently decided he liked his arm better as ground beef. Now by no means was this something James wanted to see, but at the same time he grew up hunting with his father. This was no crippling disgust.

It seemed however that the perp was not of similar constitution. He turned away for a moment and james was quick to exploit it. He coiled the matter in his chest just below the skin as he approached the injured hero as if he was about to administer aid. However as he crossed close to the young man he hardened the skin over the coiled chest matter until it was the consistency of a bowling ball.

It all happened at once. James turned, quickly grabbed the young mans shoulders and turned him so that his face was level with James chest and let the coil free. A 25 pound blob of hardened plastic shot forward into the boys chin with the force of a punch from Mike Tyson in his prime. A light tap for James, but more than enough to rock this scrawny kids noggin.
And now to tend to edward Brisket hand... he thought to himself with a smile.
Kyrenka Kyrenka Deathkitten Deathkitten

Prost

Either Daryl wasn't paying attention or shit escalated very quickly. He put the glasses Alexandria had given him on and reflexively swung at the nearby hologram only to watch his hand phase through. "I F***in Hate Mages" he grumbled as he took the glasses off and scanned for anyone who wasn't a freaking illusion. His eyes settled on a strange man in a toga with a phone, which confirmed he was solid and punchable. "Open Wide." he called as he leapt towards the man only to watch as some kind of glowing explosion erupted from the cab, the pressure wave from the blast threw him off course and caused him to land hard crouching as his feet and left hand carved through asphalt in an attempt to slow himself. "WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE EXPLODING?" He shouted as he watched glowing red lights fill the debris...
Djinni Djinni Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka

Prost

From within the cab The god of war watched with mild amusement as the illusion addressed the woman. But that amusement quickly evaporated when the mage called him out. Deciding that the time to investigate as done ares prepared to exit the cab but the moment his hand grabbed the door handle he noticed a distortion in his peripheral and turned to see none other than the conqueror of troy only much more lively than when they last spoke. Though he didn't stay alive for long.

The blast of War Energy Washed over him like a hot summer wind and for a brief second The God took in the bliss of what had just happened. He shivered internally in anticipation...War had been declared. The very act invigorated him seeming to shake the stagnant lethargy that came with peace and replaced it with an energizing and clear purpose. For him the declaration was better than sex...

He shed his mortal disguise, cracks seeming to spiderweb out of the fat cabbies body before the guise finally fell away and the True form of the olympian stood in the crater. He took in a deep breath pulling in the lingering energy and flames from the blast before speaking to Alexandria and hammer in a voice like thunder. "Find your Leaders, tell them the War comes...and that Ares says it is "Big one"." he didn't even turn to face them instead a pillar of blood red flames engulfed him before flickering out revealing empty space where the god once was...
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka Djinni Djinni

At this powerful expression of sadness, Helios felt sorry for her. He was surprised; after the Pharaoh's commands, he'd expected her to attack in some way or at least become a bit more defensive. But she seemed almost weak and helpless. Then she started crying, and her powerful display of emotions caused Helios to drop his guard a bit. She spoke of being trapped by a powerful force, and seemingly manipulated by it. But she still emanated great power, even if she couldn't use it. Whatever controlled her had to be powerful.

And even more surprisingly still, she spoke in Greek. Maybe she was an Oceanid or a Nereid, the sun god suspected.

"Are you alone here?" Helios asked her softly, for he knew that the dark presence he felt was not hers; perhaps this was the doing of the god Loki, whom Helios had met multiple times before. Loki wasn't evil, but he wasn't good either. He switched sides frequently, and Helios had fought with and against him before. Of course, it wasn't Tempest as he had suspected earlier; he probably didn't have the power to control a spirit of nature, especially a water one.

Then, surprisingly the Pharaoh retreated and gave an apology to the water spirit before them, before turning to Helios and suggesting they contain the spirit, and Helios couldn't help but give him a surprised look for a moment, before shaking his head.
"We should contain her, yes..." Helios agreed. "And if we cannot take her elsewhere, then we will contain her here."
Helios then turned to the water spirit. "It's for your own good. Can you help us? I promise you... You won't regret this." He spoke softly to her, before floating a bit closer to her face. "Do you have any particular name?"

He reached forth and lightly touched her surface curiously, the water beneath his hand rippling as he did.

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

akira-takaoka-assassination-classroom-tv-72411.jpg

Edward Woodsman
Edward forced the solemn look from his eyes, putting on the mock-comforting smile he'd found himself donning when he made promises he knew he couldn't keep to shepherd's sons; promising them that their fathers would return to them. An hour after burying a shepherd's body, killed in fighting between military companies and rebels, terrorists, or extremists.

Edward had hoped to become desensitized to death after the second body he buried.

He realised he would never be okay with it by the tenth.

This time though, he wouldn't lie, he wouldn't lie to this man, tell him everything was fine. Besides, even though the boy looked (very) tipsy, he seemed smart enough to not be an optimist.

The man sheepishly glanced at the crumpled at cracked part of the bench that the drunkard had struck.

He'd been hit by worse.

Once.

And he'd been hospitalised for several months.

Edward shuffled himself back a few inches.

"... I... OA?..." Edward held back the string of curses that rose into his throat and felt ready to flow along his tongue. "Until you turn yourself in, I can't leave in search of your daughter. Just give me her name, a physical description... and, do you have anything of hers? a keepsake... something like a teddy? I'll do everything in my power to find your little girl. But first, you have to tell me everything, and turn yourself in."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know why she was taken, but if you help me, I'll give everything I have to make sure she's back in your arms, safe and sound. Do you understand me?"

One moment, she was talking to the person who she had proven was a hologram, and the next, Hammer had walked off and there was an enormous explosion. Alexandria didn't have the time to tell her VI Namina to re-route the power to shields, or even get her hands up all the way to shield her face as she grounded her weight and felt an earth-shattering wave of force hit her like a Mack truck going eighty miles per hour. Luckily for her, she'd been able to stop one at a hundred during her last durability test for the suit. What was unfortunate was that the shockwave was enough to blow her kinetic shields out, causing a loud klaxon of warning to go off in her ears.

She had Namina cut the sound with a quick command and stared as both the holograms and a car were completely decimated. A deep furrow of her brow and a frown covered her visage behind the mask of her helmet as she took in the situation:

The remnants of a car and slagged glass lay strewn about around the frame of the vehicle, and upon further inspection, the scorch marks would have given it away as purposeful. She walked closer, ignoring the obviously well-enough Hammer to inspect. Namina was running a diagnostic on the air around them while also snapping photos of the wreckage as she touched the frame.

"This wasn't a regular explosive," she muttered to herself. "It had to be magick, but I don't know of any villains who would use magick to only blow a car to smithereens. I mean, you could plant enough C4 to do a job like this, and you can get it for damn cheap in the underground market, so why wouldn't someone just do that if they were hitting a target? Not like they'd be able to leave any evidence..."

And, of course, Alexandria didn't have any way to ignore the slush that was the remains of some poor shmuck caught in the blast, and considering the blast wouldn't have hit anyone since the Hellbeast drove everyone off... Well, it had to be an assassination.

One that was making a point.

"Hammer," she started, looking over to him. "I probably don't need to say that this was some kind of targeted hit - a bit too excessive in my professional ex-villain opinion, but we should probably get someone to run DNA tests on the uh..."

She looked around her and then simply waved her hands towards the general location of all the flesh soup that was strewn around them. "This. I can do it in my lab, but I'd probably get my pardon yanked out from under me if I tried hacking into databases to find matches. Any idea who would do this, Hammer?"

However, things couldn't get any more simple. There was another who had began to approach them. The man looked decidedly and shamelessly Greek, but not the new, muddled blood kind of Greek where it's obvious that there were other races mixed in. He was very, very Ancient Greek in appearance, and the man was massive from what she could tell. Alexandria's senses went haywire as she settled herself into a stance that would give her the ability to move more quickly, knocked on the right plate of her armor to get her pulse pistol out again, and stared the man down as he began to speak.

Of course, that didn't mean that she would be allowed to get her answer.

(Interrupt vs. Ares WeaselThor WeaselThor : "he didn't even turn to face them instead a pillar of blood red flames engulfed him before flickering out revealing empty space where the god once was..." )

"Something is going to go right today, goddammit, and you're it!!"

With a sudden flash of movement, Alexandria's legs propelled her forward, rocketing her towards the man no more than thirty feet between the two, jet boosters flaring hot as the sun as her left hand extended, right hand raising to point the sights of her pulse pistol forward. Three shots rang forth, aiming for the center of mass and, regardless of whether or not she hit, her left hand reached out in a snatching motion to catch the man by whatever she could grab at. If she was successful with the pulse pistol shots, the man would experience three bursts of hundreds of thousands of volts coursing through his body, ending with her snatching the man, tackling him to the ground, and pointing the muzzle of the pistol to his face just an inch away. With her moving at a speed of eighty miles an hour through the space between them thanks to her jet boots, she was fairly confident that she would at least slam into the man, interrupting his attempt to escape.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

(Edit note: Distance was not specified in UltraSuperHulk's post. Interruption edited to fit description)

Last edited:
A "warm pub with communal tables & a patio serving hard-to-find German beers, sausages & pretzels."

Time: 15:15
At Scene:
Superhero The Hammer and provisional Superhero Alexandria. Five police cars now on-scene.
Threat Level: Zero
Known Threats: None

maxresdefault.jpg
The hologram didn't last long, cursing as soon as the explosion went off. He didn't even have time to get the full set of cuss words out. That... man, if you could even call him that... disrupted the projection in its entirety. The form simply blew over with the force of the blast.

At the same time, the fog started to disperse, no longer held up by magic.

And suddenly... it was silent, aside from far-off car alarms going off. No one was left around to scream or run around like chickens with their heads cut off, and no threat seemed to be around any longer. The pool of lava that had exploded from the beast had cooled by now, and the cab a half a block off was a mess.

A few moment later, the police finally arrived. Five cop cars, blaring in onto the scene.
"Parents & kids flock to this sunny square with funky totem polls & a wading-friendly fountain."

Time: 15:13
At Scene:
Superhero Pharaoh and Superhero Helios. There are a number of police vehicles on-route and on-scene.
Threat Level: Three
Known Threats: Water lady

the_water_elemental_undine_by_xzeromus-d4ejhcf.jpg
The water lady watched Pharaoh calm down and stop whatever it was that he attempted to do. She nodded when asked to cooperate with them, seeing no reason to disagree or to try not to go along with it. The other, Helios, asked if they had a name.

She turned to watch Helios for a moment, trying to think of an answer to his question, "I... am... Amph... ah... I do not know. I feel it is on the tip of my tongue, but I lack the words. I am of the water. I am of... the sea. I know that I have children, though they are old and grown."

The woman paused, seeming to frown before drifting down to the ground. Once her foot touched the ground, the water began spilling off onto the ground. It was splashing off of her until her form was humanoid, appearing relatively tall and Greek in ethnicity, though her hair was still flowing water, and her eyes remained pupilless.

"I am of Greece," she finished, awkwardly hugging herself with one arm, "I do not know more."
WeaselThor WeaselThor BDark BDark Osuka Osuka

((Those remaining in Prost! will likely have to figure out where else to go and what else to do until the next event comes up.))

A superpowered detention facility located slightly to the West of Victoria, Canada.

Time: 15:15
At Scene:
Superhero Atom Smasher and Superhero Elementa
Threat Level: Three+
Known Threats: Tempest, Khan, Shield, Bells, and Illusor.
76751246-3d-rendering-of-a-futuristic-prison-cell-block-.jpg
Elementa sighed at his comment, "Well... I doubt it. No one who escaped has that sort of power... luckily. That's a horrifying thought, though. Let's hope to never find someone who can do that."

She stepped up onto the air, little discs of force under her feet supporting her as though she were stepping up stairs. "So," she said, pointing outside as she walked out the massive hole in the wall, "Over this direction, there's the other set of holes they blasted through the outer walls. The last one has a hint of magical energy on it, but we're assuming that that is the result of Illusor."

Once outside, she stepped back down onto the ground with a long sigh, "We can try to figure out if there's any illusions going on here. Perhaps you'll have more luck with it than me... though, to be fair, I've mostly been stuck inside getting statements." Elementa continued to walk to the walls, smiling a little to Atom, "So... how've you been, dear? Busy as per usual, of course? Same as me, to be fair. Had to go play parade security a few days ago. Did you happen to see me on the news? They wanted me to have another good media appearance. The interviews were a pain in the ass."
WeaselThor WeaselThor

((I give you permission for this one to decide what sort of illusion is on there. If you want to, that is. ^w^ ))

"Amphitrite?" Helios asked her in disbelief, lowering himself beside her more humanoid form, and creating a golden wall of solidified light around her water, containing it. She was the wife of Poseidon. Whoever controlled her wa more powerful than he'd thought.
"But... Where's Poseidon? Does he know of your absence?"

He fully expected Poseidon to come, perhaps even accompanied by Triton and a whole army of sea-dwellers, to fetch his wife. But maybe this was done without his knowledge, and maybe she wasn't even the real goddess. But she certainly looked like her, from what Helios could remember; he's only seen her a few times before, the last of which was roughly half a century ago, and every time she had been more like a mermaid.
"Is it really you?"

Amphitrite, of course, was beautiful as ever; it was why Poseidon had picked her among ninety-nine other sisters who were almost as beautiful. He remembers when Poseidon believed she was kidnapped by Atlas before their marriage, and he had almost waged war just to retrieve her. His love for her is strong, and it is never wise to anger the sea and its lords.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

• A house-sized lava hellbeast took out aggression in the parking lot of Prost! pub. This event was quickly handled by The Hammer and Alexandria, with only one civilian injury and some damage to the wall of a nearby building. The hellbeast exploded, spewing lava everywhere whilst seemingly creating a young hellbeast from its remains, similar to a phoenix. After this was handled, an unknown force only able to be seen on thermal imaging began talking to Alexandria, clearly powerful in some way.

Unexpectedly, a half a block away from Prost!, there was another event taking place. None other than Agamemnon himself walked up to a cab, causing a dramatic explosion with the energy of the hidden deity inside, Ares. No one aside from the person who created the explosion was injured, though this explosion also disrupted the holographic villain that the others were chatting with.
Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor BDark BDark OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Kyrenka Kyrenka

Prost===>Jamison Square

As the War gods Body Shifted into Blood red Flames He was very Amused to see three electrical energy bolts burst through his now non-solid chest. He turned to see where the attack had come from only to feel a hand touch his toga on the right hip. Rather than cancel the Flameport however ares grinned wickedly and hastened it. Causing the flames to engulf not only him but whoever was now touching him.

The world would fade away for the two of them and for a brief moment there was only Rage and Pain, yet for ares that was his bread and butter and if it bothered him he didn't show it. Worse still as soon as the burning sensation seemed to fade it began anew rebuilding atoms out of magic, literally forging them A new on the other side of Portland.

He made no effort to mask his aura as they appeared in between Helios, Pharaoh, And this strange Aqua woman. He also made no effort to remove Alexandria's hand from him. Instead he walked along either dragging her or tearing the toga as he approached the sun god. "Brother, come now, leave these mortals to their games. We must speak to our family...My age has come." the sinister smile that punctuated the war gods sentence showed he wasn't fooling around. He meant to wage war...and was practically rubbing it in the sun gods face, while being just duty driven enough to want to report this to his father.

Prost

After a hard landing hammer watched with an arched Eyebrow as alexandria lunged at the war god. Granted he probably should've warned her. However a part of him deep down thought that this was one of the funniest possible outcomes. His eyebrow arch grew even more prominent as the two vanished in a puff of flames. "Huh...thats kinda Badass." he said aloud then turned to regard the sirens which were on approach.

The police obviously were uncomfortable talking to hammer, so the jerk made a point to spend a little extra time questioning their protocols, asking for badge numbers, and promising consequences knowing full well he was gonna do nothing other than pop in a movie and watch it with his ghosts...

Jamison Square

Azeem Smiled where Helios seemed to have an idea of who the elemental was. However his elation was short lived. As he felt a powerful magic pressence only moments before the god of war appeared in between himself and the elemental. oh no...this cannot be good. he thought. Ares words were not any more comforting either. His age? "Greetings Ares. Perhaps i can be of..." Pharaoh bit his tongue as the Deity gave him a pretty self explanatory look. "Forgive me lord Ares but we are a bit busy at the moment..." Pharaoh Added gesturing towards Amphitrite. However much to his Horror the war god decided to "help". The war god simply pointed his hand at the water being and unleashed a supersonic missile at nigh point blank range directly at the center of the water womans mass. Ares smirked and said "There you go problem solved." the war god said obviously goadingly towards Azeem. Whose hands were already glowing as he contemplated trying to clean ares clock...

VPDC

Roger listened intently as Elementa briefed him, hers was the type of voice he could listen to for hours. As she mentioned the illusion he nodded, "I doubt illusor could resist leaving us some form of insult." yet he made no effort to figure it out further. "If you feel like taking a break from statements i could take over there and you can focus on the investigation..." when he heard her switch away from a work conversation he chuckled... He had been so busy lately he had almost forgot that there was a good life on the other side of the cape. "I didnt see it no...but i heard it...I was actually off world at the time. Personally i think you did wonderfully." he almost made a move to float closer but caught himself when he spotted one of the surveillance camera's turning in their direction. later then...he thought to himself as he went over the list of escaped criminals in his mind.

Last edited:
Pain.

Pain is a fairly unique feeling - not in the sense that being hit by a mack truck hurts at different levels for your average human like Alexandria, but it brings out something different in everyone: Fear, regret, anger, or even justification in some way or another. For Alexandria, most usually it was, of course, fear, as with just about anyone else who was hit with something they didn't understand, but with it came her normal anger. Unfortunately, confusion would seep in with the pain and the fury as she felt that rage inside her build up higher and higher, making it feel as if her chest would burst if she didn't let out her bloodlust and need for manslaughter upon someone..

But then the pain stopped. It all stopped as if a car had hit a steel wall, crunching and twisting into something utterly foreign. She didn't understand it at all, and though part of her was going through the steps of what just happened, another part of her only got more irritated. So naturally, after she definitely didn't have to pick herself up off the dirt and reorient herself since she's the absolute epitome of control and such, Alexandria had picked her pulse pistol off the ground, racked it to throw in another round just in case the teleportation had messed with it somehow, and started marching towards the man she hadn't known was the God of War with it leveled straight at his head.

"Namina," she growled, not having turned her external microphone off this time. "Boost pulse rounds to lethal - begin tracking the man who teleported us-"

"Ms. Norman," came the VI in a somewhat chiding tone. "That, as far as my data bank can tell, is the God of War: Ares."

Now there was something that made her forget her anger at the man for just a moment. She just tried to tackle and threaten the God of War. Whether that made her fearless, suicidal, or just plain stupid didn't register in the slightest. Instead, she thought of the rumors and conjecture about his abilities that she had heard through the villain underground net - the villain version of the Dark Web, and considered it. If the man had wanted to, he could've simply blasted her into oblivion before she got even close to touching him, even with the speed boost she had given herself. That in itself wasn't enough to deter her, however, as she heard the conversation going on between him and, as Namina chimed in to inform her, Helios.

It's funny, what meeting Deities does to you if you're not a believer of a religion. If you're like your average Joe or Jane that believed in a higher power, this would just make you more in awe of them, or maybe fear them. It's like if the Christian God came thundering down in front of a devout preacher. For Alexandria, her immediate idea was to file away the names in her mind as something confirmed and do her research later in case she had to take on either of them. She was a paranoid kind of genius, some would think, but she'd argue she was just more prepared than others.

Which is why she charged the pistol, pointed it straight to Ares head behind him just after he sent a magic missile straight towards the water elemental, and cleared her throat.

"Alright, Ares" she started, her voice tense with her earlier anger as she felt it boil back to the surface, still keeping it in control. "So you're going to tell me what the hell is going on here. You're saying there's a war about to start, and as someone who's on Uncle Sam's leash for a pardon and a paycheck, I'd like to know what the hell this war is about since I'm probably going to be stuck fighting in it at some point. Fido vomited and exploded lava everywhere, the holograms added to the irritation after Fido, that blast from the street afterwards have my kinetic shields fried, and you just shot someone who - I mean, if they were a villain, surrendered, so you'll understand if my trigger finger gets a little itchy if you twitch the wrong way.

"Also, I don't care if you're surrounded by friends here, or if you're a god - twitch and you're going to regret it, even if it doesn't kill you."

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten BDark BDark (since you're close and may wish to do something)

Last edited:
(( BDark BDark Feel free to respond before I do, seeing as the water lady had a rocket shot at her. Simply put, if it connects, she puddles into water for a good few minutes as she's splashed across the park. ))

"Mount Hood, called Wy'east by the Multnomah tribe, is a potentially active stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc of northern Oregon."

Time: 15:20
At Scene:
No supers or police are yet on scene.

MtHoodVillages-07-2000.jpg
A few moments ago, a park ranger let out an emergency call to supers in the area, as well as law enforcement. A large crater has formed as something smacked into the side of Mt. Hood. Currently, the cause is unknown, but the ranger stated that it appeared to be a relatively small object that came from somewhere mid-atmosphere. It did not appear to come from outer space.

Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor BDark BDark Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

"Mount Hood, called Wy'east by the Multnomah tribe, is a potentially active stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc of northern Oregon."

At Scene:
No supers or police are yet on scene.

Osuka; Final Deity.jpgAnother crater, another world. This time, he was smart enough to give himself some kind of cushion - a thick layer of malleable mana that broke his fall when he landed, but he couldn't say the same for the side of the mountain. There was a joke about apologizing to the ground if you fell and hit it, but his head rang so hard even with the cushioning that he couldn't think up what exactly it was. With a groan, the man, about five-six and no more than one-hundred-forty-pounds in his three-piece and cape, began to dig himself out of the crater as he rubbed his head. The mountain was pretty hard, as mountains usually were, and he had to remember to figure out why the hell he came in at such high speeds when he dimension-hopped.

"Okay," he grunted to himself in his native language, shaking the soot free from his golden locks as he scanned the area. "Where the heck am I?"

The scenery was beautiful standing upon the mountain. Verdant green and aqua stretched out in the landscape before him, and it was a great place to crash if he could've been able to pick it. The air smelled crisp and cool upon the high point, and it was enough to soothe his aches for but a moment. The crater was a bit of an eyesore to the area, so he was purposefully ignoring the fact that it existed and instead began to trudge down the side, being careful to not slip and tumble.

It wouldn't kill him, to be honest, but it would hurt like hell, and he had enough of that already.

(Bee Tea Dubs, no one would understand him at the moment.)

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor Kyrenka Kyrenka BDark BDark OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Last edited:
Helios didn't recognize Ares at first, even mistaking him for an agent of Odin, as his appearance had changed since he saw him last. But he did nevertheless recognize his aura; it was unmistakable.

"Ares..." Helios began, as Ares raised his arm towards Amphitrite, but before he could do anything, the war god released an attack upon the Nereid. Helios was shocked, faltering for a moment before the golden glow in his hands began turning into almost white.
"Do you know what you've done? That was Amphitrite."

At this point, Helios was yelling, a pale fire encasing his palms subconsciously. He knew Amphitrite was not dead, even though she'd been blasted into a little pond, for killing gods was never this simple. Even for a god. Immediately, somebody else addressed Ares, and Helios looked over the war god's shoulder to see Alexandria pointing one of her seemingly better guns at him. He wasn't sure if it would be effective at all against the war god, but he didn't care. Hell, he didn't even acknowledge to Alexandria as he otherwise would. He prepared for the oncoming battle, floating a few meters off the ground.

Osuka Osuka Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited:
A superpowered detention facility located slightly to the West of Victoria, Canada.

Time: 15:18
At Scene:
Superhero Atom Smasher and Superhero Elementa
Threat Level: Three+
Known Threats: Tempest, Khan, Shield, Bells, and Illusor.
76751246-3d-rendering-of-a-futuristic-prison-cell-block-.jpg
"I'm alright, I think. Really we've gotten as much information as we're going to get from them. They have to get back to their jobs, to keeping the inmates in check, that sort of thing. They've been really kind about this whole thing, and want to help as much as possible. I don't want to make their jobs any harder," she explained, yawning big for a second, "Ugh. I haven't slept in way too long. Got like four hours last night."

"Alright... anyway...," she muttered, moving up to the outermost wall with the hole in it. Elementa bent down to get a good look at the rubble, picking some up in her hand, "It's really pulverized. Maybe Khan or Bells were the ones to actually knock it down? Or Tempest... they did say he was the one at the front of the pack, as it were..."

She went quiet for a while, focusing on looking around for any signs, "I can't find any illusions... but unfortunately looking for that sort of thing isn't exactly my forte. I think it may have already been triggered by someone. We should ask the guards if they've already done a headcount on the workers yet. We can see if any of them have gotten taken in the chaos."

Elementa touched his arm lightly as she passed him by, heading back inside to ask one of the guards, "You'd think I would have asked that first, but oh well. There's always more questions."

A guard looked up at her as she came back inside, noting she intended to ask more.

"Sorry," she chuckled, "I thought I was done, but I thought of something a bit important. Have you guys done a headcount yet? Is anyone missing or unaccounted for?"

The guard nodded, "As far as I understand, ma'am, they did a headcount. One of the on-staff psychiatrists are missing. We're trying to call his home to see if he just left early or something. Don't want to cause worry unless it's necessary."

"Mm... and none of the cameras are working anymore... what do you think, Atom?" she queried, looking back at him with concern, "I don't want to cause too many issues if he happens to have just gone home... but if they haven't been able to reach him yet? And I think the illusion got tripped? We don't want him walking into the ocean or something because he thinks he's walking down the yellow brick road."
WeaselThor WeaselThor

"Parents & kids flock to this sunny square with funky totem polls & a wading-friendly fountain."

Time: 15:18
At Scene:
Superhero Pharaoh, Superhero Helios, Superhero Ares, and Provisional Superhero Alexandria. There are a number of police vehicles on-route and on-scene.
Threat Level: Three
Known Threats: Water lady

the_water_elemental_undine_by_xzeromus-d4ejhcf.jpg
The woman certainly didn't see that coming. She was still stuck trying to figure out what she thought of the name that Helios had said to her. She was pleased that they were all being so kind to her now. She didn't have to worry anymore, she felt.. safe.

Emphasis on the past tense.

Things heated up quickly however, as another, Ares, ported into the area with Alexandria on his heels. A gun was drawn by the woman, leveled towards the new man. She didn't really react to any of this, simply staring at them with curiosity. That meant that she was, likewise, unable to react in time for the missile.

Her form puddled, splashing here and there and everywhere. It took her a good few minutes to actually reconstitute herself, which she did, but slowly. She formed again into the fully water form, eyes glowing angrily at Ares for that misdeed.

"What did I do to you to deserve such an anger fish arrow?" she asked, not knowing what to call the missile.

~Guiren Nyverk: Calamity Force~​

Guiren fell forward at the unexpected loss of resistance. He laid down for what seemed like an eternity. What was happening? The ground was swaying, was it an earthquake? Was it the villain? He could hear voices but couldn't distinguish words over the ringing in his ears. Holy shit. Maybe he pushed himself a little too far. Pushing himself up was a struggle, where the fuck is his hand, but he managed to shift onto his ass. The world was still spinning a little, but he could make out the thief and the other creature from his little spot. As the world became clearer, he made eye contact with the thief. Fear. There was genuine fear and horror in the villain's eyes. A vicious sense of triumph rose in the vigilante's chest as he shot the guy a sadistic grin. That's right! Bet you're regretting taking me on now, huh? Guiren raised his right arm to flip the other guy off but was met with a mass that definitely did not look like his arm. Staring down at the stripped appendage in mild surprise, the vigilante struggled to process what he was seeing for a moment. Whoops. That weird forcefield from before did do some damage before, but that was mild in comparison to the mess that was now most of his arm. Suddenly, the sticky wetness that was all over his shirt and now dripping onto his lap registered his mind. Blood? Guiren cradled his ruined arm to his chest. Shouldn't this hurt? His vision blurred and spun once again as the air around him seemed to get thinner. Oh shit. What was happening? Was the villain doing this? The vigilante could make out two figures, but couldn't keep his focus on them as the world refused to stay still. Letting his gaze settle on his lap, he dimly noted that there was more blood than before.

Am I dying?

The thought was enough to push Guiren into action. Using one hand, he ripped a good segment of his shirt and clumsily tied a make-shift tourniquet onto his shoulder. Is that good enough? Sweat trickled down his face as he tried, and failed, to breath in more air. It'd have to be good enough for now. Laying down, the vigilante tried to gather himself. Just need a few minutes before I gotta go. The police hadn't been far behind him; but if the weird thing was to be trusted then they were probably distracted with the other thieves that had split up. Not for long though. He couldn't get caught, they'd lock him up despite the fact that he was helping; well, that and he was ready to admit that he wasn't really in any shape to fight anymore. Do I have bandages at home? Guiren really hoped that he did, otherwise he'd have to tear another shirt. Head pounding, he shifted his gaze onto the thief and weird blob alien. He'd run as soon as their attention turned on him or if he heard sirens; whichever comes first.

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

~Dexter Heidrich: Digerati~​

"Is... ah... is your friend going to be okay with him...?" Dexter turned to see what the apprentice was talking about. The drunkard seemed to have quieted down a little after his outburst, but he still wore an expression that was mixed between raw fury and complete devastation. Glancing at his mentor, the young hero felt a sense of uneasiness settle in his gut. Something's not right.

Turning his attention to Miserbell, Dexter considered her for a moment. Should he dismiss her? After all, the initial assignment was complete now. However, it seemed like there was more work to be done. Emotion manipulation could be useful. Sure, her powers didn't work on the drunk man but it was likely that the alcohol itself was to blame, not the girl. Does that mean that her powers work on the brain itself? Or is it a hormonal effect? Although he didn't have a desire to be a psychologist, human behavior and the human mind was fascinating. Like an organic computer. Snapping himself out of his musings, Dexter refocused his attention on the young hero. "I trust that my mentor has everything under control, however there may be a development in the situation." His gaze flickered over to his mentor's drawn face before returning to Miserbell's once again. "You're free to leave if you wish, but we would greatly appreciate your help." The genius paused for a moment before adding, "If you want, we can ask about what's going and then you can decide whether or not you want to continue this assignment with us. It's up to you." Dexter silently hoped that she would say yes, they were probably going to need help if he was reading his mentor correctly.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Deathkitten Deathkitten

VPDF

Atom smasher listened as the guard spoke to elementa and was already thinking up a plan when elementa turned to him. "Unfortunately we cannot rule out this missing psychiatrist as a possible accomplice...if we cant find anything we may need to go and ask The worlds most insufferable, showboating, Self-centered ,and Annoyingly effective detective...I hear he is doing a concert in Providence Park in a few hours. In the meantime i can take a look at this psychiatrist's house and see if we can find any leads." He turned and requested the guard who Elementa had just spoken to send him the psychiatrists personal file. When the guard turned to access the file Roger reached his hand out gripping Rose's. "Be Careful...i have a very strange feeling about this. Its like we re just seeing the Tip of the Iceberg." he let go just moments before the guard returned and handed him the file. "Thank you Officer...report anything new to One of us, and Elementa...give my Regards to the detective." He said as he hovered out into a decently open area and detonated a blast behind him sending himself rocketing into the clouds yet again.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Jamison Square

A lot was going on at once, yet the gears cranked in Ares head easily organizing them in order of importance. First and foremost was his brother Helios, he had Armored up mentioning that the water being was someone or another he sould care about. He thought it through in a fraction of a second vaguely recalling an invitation to his uncles wedding that he never attended. Well that may have been a bit hasty. He thought to himself but it was far to late for him to back down. The Avatar of The egyptian Pantheon seemed to be gearing up for defense as well. However the most direct threat was quite literally the closest to home. A normal mortal no less. It was she who he addressed. "Your courage is admirable mortal, i wonder if your armor brings you this courage? I can relate..." as he said this a pulse of energy similar to the detonation of the Cab rippled off of him. It crushed the stone beneath his feet and pushed anything within a dozen feet of him to the edge of its range. When the brief flash of red that accompanied this burst faded Ares no longer stood in a regal red toga, instead he was coated in divine black steel with bones adorning him and a variety of strange modernized ancient olympian weapons strapped to him. "My armor makes me feel pretty damn badass too." he raised his shield regarding all in the park from Pharoah and The Reforming shape of his Aunt, to Alexandria behind him and the son god off to his right side. "I came here for a discussion, but this is much more up to my speed. So then whats it gonna be? Words or Warfare? I assure you, only one of them ends in your favor." his voice was distorted and sounded practically demonic but there was no masking the excitement in his tone...
helldiver_ares_by_sttheo.jpg
Deathkitten Deathkitten Osuka Osuka BDark BDark

Jamison Square

When Ares let out his Force burst Pharaoh instinctively put himself between the war-god and Amphitrite. His Serpent stone ignited and a Clone Phased itself into the ground positioning itself to unleash a barrier around the War-God when He attacked. However Ares words seemed to catch him off guard, he said he wishes to talk? Why would a battle deity wish to be diplomatic. However he addressed the elemental first, "Forgive my lapse ma'am. You will not be struck again." he gathered his resolve because internally he was bracing for the worst...this wasnt his first time being caught in a struggle between gods, and he knew things could get really weird really fast.
Deathkitten Deathkitten BDark BDark Osuka Osuka

University of Portland

After incapacitating the Dangerous Void caster polymer never let him hit ground. He pulled the boy into his amorphous body leaving a breathing hole and making sure to be ready to siphon away any magic he would attempt to attack with. All the while he turned his head and watched the vigilante tie a makeshift tourniquet himself in an attempt to stem the bleeding. In his head he cycled through the options. Then slithered over to him, "I can help you, it will be very painful but will prevent blood loss and grant you time to escape the authorities. Do i have your permission." his voice was monotoned and slightly robotic sounding and it wasn't made any better as he morphed his hand into tendrils to prepare the procedure the thin tendrils showing it would no doubt be very invasive.
Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Providence Park ~ inside the stadium.

From the Window the situation looked way less hectic then he knew it was. He turned away from the scene when the hotdog stand went airborne and decided to check on his holographic recordings again. Fourteen songs, a hundred thousand people, six separate music networks. This event was big, the start of his final tour before he retired from professional music. While most of the fans were weeping for the loss, he was done with it long ago, this industry had been going downhill since the 1990s. Finding himself content with the show he went to his room and pulled out one of the bottles of overpriced brandy and a glass. "Crazy world eh lady?" he said to seemingly nothing before tossing back the first glass and refilling it.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Heading from a super-powered detention facility located slightly to the West of Victoria, Canada to Providence Park in Portland.

At Scene:
N/A
Threat Level: N/A
Known Threats: N/A
1c992b6c01bfdbdb13ad3d204a59036d-victoria.jpg
Elementa sighed, furrowing her brow at the thought that the man might be an accomplice. She was hoping not... but it was a good point. She nodded along with his comments, not looking forward to going to talk to the "detective". Atom squeezed her hand and she jumped a little, not having really been paying attention. She blushed, squeezing the hand back, "I'm always careful... but you too. With Gravedigger free, we've got no idea what's going to happen next."

She sighed again, watching Atom Smasher fly off into the clouds before turning to the guard. "Thank you guys for being so patient with my questions. I'm going to head back down into the US, but if you need me, don't be afraid to call for me. I'd come as soon as I could," she said, stepping up into the air and outside. Once outside, she used force to blast her forward quicker and quicker, a little force shield appearing in front of her to break up the wind.

It would be a little while before she could get back to Portland, but she could bother the musician after the performance if not before.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited:

At Scene:
Superhero Pharaoh, Superhero Helios, Superhero Ares, and Provisional Superhero Alexandria. There are a number of police vehicles on-route and on-scene.
Threat Level: Low Four - Potential multi-hero conflict.
Known Threats: Water lady... Also Ares.

e6219a5e9ac352a4e922b666394e5162.png
With things coming to a potential head, the police on-scene looked... nervous. Other times that Ares had gotten his kicks, there were a lot of costly damages to buildings and roads. They looked between themselves, uncertain what to do. If they stepped in, would they become the target of this ire? Would he even listen once he wanted a fight? They didn't have time to decide, however.

A pool of shadow leaked up out of the floor, tendrils coalescing into the form of a man with dark hair and lightly glowing amber eyes. This new man folded his arms, looking at the scene before him, though he didn't seem to recognize the water woman. "Ares. Helios. Are you two having fun?" he asked, looking a little annoyed, "You do realize that my job in the Underworld keeps me busy... right? And yet you're both gearing up to destroy a city block. As much as I don't care one way or the other about the possible damage... they annoy me. They bother me about the problems... and I have to deal with some of the dead."

He sighed, loosening his arms as he looked at the group, "Alright. I'm curious. What's going on here?" The man looked at the ones he didn't recognize, "I'm Hades, by the way. Nice to meet you three. Sorry about my family. I promise we don't always like to threaten to hurt people... or at least some of us don't."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back