• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Superhero World ~ Main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
A "sports & events venue with stadium & field hosting Major League Soccer, college football & more."

Time: 15:25
At Scene:
Apprentice/Intern Superhero Digerati, Apprentice/Intern Superhero Miserbell, Superhero Edward.
Threat Level: Zero
Known Threats: None

f3417b4ff65909e6509e234d93f2d670-jpg.469335
A missing little girl... Miserbell's face drew sour, furrowing her brow as she looked over at the man getting spoken to now by police. A note that said she's needed with THOSE initials on it? Whatever... she couldn't worry right now. A little girl needed her help.

"You can count me in. I'm a good listener, and good at following instructions," she said, looking back at the stadium itself, "Actually... I might have a way that we can get some help. A musician and registered Super, Johnny D., is having a huge concert here later. He should be able to help out... if we can get him to. He's a great detective, from what I've heard. Really capable and has a lot of connections... just... also really pompous. I can't imagine he'd turn down helping to find a little seven-year-old girl."

She motioned to the building, "Come on. We can find him... and if he's a little too grumpy about it I can try to turn on the happy if you want. I told your intern this, but I'm Miserbell. I fly and manipulate emotions. Apparently being super drunk dampens my ability to do so but... Eh. It's pretty sly, and no harm was done, really, if it doesn't work. It's somewhere to start from, and the more help the better. If this is true... it's kinda huge."

Miserbell floated off in the direction of the building a little, but turned back, waiting to make sure the other two were going to follow.

Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper WeaselThor WeaselThor

A "sports & events venue with stadium & field hosting Major League Soccer, college football & more."

Time: 15:30
At Scene:
Intern/Apprentice Superhero Muse (as a civilian)

muse-jpg.469241
She raised a brow when he asked for her name, "Abigail... though I go by Muse when working. I just got my license not long ago." Abigail paused for a moment and nodded, a little nervous, "Ah... yes. Her name is Catherine. Catherine Auden. I took her name since she adopted me. I guess she really did use to know you, huh? I sort of wondered if she was just playing jokes sometimes..."

"I... do believe in magic, yes," she answered, looking nervous and shy still as she bit her lower lip in contemplation, "My Grandma made sure that I knew that sort of stuff was real... not that you can really ignore it, given all the Superheroes around. My Grandma, in particular, has a very impressive singing voice. She has similar abilities as me... mine are just a lot stronger than hers. My voice, my singing specifically, manipulates people. Technically other instruments could as well, but I'm really not very good at anything of the sort. I want to learn but just haven't so far. I know a tiny bit of piano. I know how to read music. I can also... sort of... see music if I want to... as glyphs. They're incredibly beautiful... yours especially, obviously. It paints a scene. I can also make others see these glyphs in the same way I do, but I haven't done that a whole lot."

Abigail cleared her throat, looking down, "I guess that's... me. The explanation of me. But... oh. My voice thing isn't really typical magic. It's not like a spell or something. I guess in a Pathfinder game or something of the sort it'd be more like a supernatural ability?" She chuckled a little, smiling at her dorky comparison.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

"Mount Hood, called Wy'east by the Multnomah tribe, is a potentially active stratovolcano in the Cascade Volcanic Arc of northern Oregon."

Time: 15:30
At Scene:
No police are yet on scene. Supervillain Bells is currently on-scene. Superhero Bastian is on scene as well.
Threat Level: Unknown
Known Threats: Unknown

2358448-bigthumbnail.jpg
"I do the super-speed thing myself, dear," Bells said with a sweet smile, demonstrating such by zipping towards the volcano and the edge of the crater that Osuka had created, "Though, I do appreciate such a cute dragon as yourself offering. All the same, as much as I love the heat, I think I'll stay down here while you two handle the problem. It isn't exactly my... ah... shtick."

She cupped her hands in front of herself and giggled, smiling while she looked back at the volcano. Despite being the villain she was, she really didn't want to have this sort of damage leveled on her head... plus it was genuinely pretty out here. It'd be sad to see it all burnt up.

The volcano was having a bit of a fun time sputtering ash at this point, making a nice cloud of itself. No lava at this point or even rocks clearing out, but it was clear the mountain was none-too-happy about the crash landing coupled with the sudden extrication of the dragon from its innards.

Bells took a seat on a nearby rock, tucking her feet under herself as her tail curled around the other way, "I'll watch from here. Two cute boys doing all that hot work? Who wouldn't want to watch?" She giggled again, amused at her joke.

Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor

When being offered a gift, there were two very opposing points of view that he had learned in all of his travels: Either you accept the gift with a thank you and use it to show you appreciate it, or you refuse the gift in an attempt to keep the image of being humble around your company, but still end up accepting the gift. To be honest, with what he could tell with how easy it was for Bastion to offer such a kind gesture, his options were to either accept graciously, or don't burden him and prove his own ability to traverse the environment so the man didn't have to worry about him.

With all things considered, he already disturbed the man's rest, so using him as a mount would have been a bit rude in his book. After all, he was the one who crashed into the side of the mountain and inadvertently started its volcanic activity. So instead of saying anything, he simply smiled and quickly bounded another hundred feet up the side of the mountain before turning and nodding up towards the top.

The distance he covered was in less than a second.

"I fear that if we tarry any longer, we'll surely be late for the party," he called out to both, but conceded to Belles' wish to be away from the main event. "I think I should be able to make it up in time. I'll act as a conduit for the heat and blast it into the Stratosphere. Should be enough to cool the magma within."

And with that, he elected to pick his own adventure, bounding upwards with near blink speed left and right as he quickly made his way to the top.

It had been a very, very long while since he had done something of this magnitude with heat, regardless of himself being a kitsune and versed in the use of fire magick. Last he remembered doing something like this was glassing a sand Djinn's "Ultimate" as the man had called it, rendering its entire supply of magickal sand into an inert sculpture, rendering the man unable to do much more than surrender. That was an incredibly long time ago, however, and as he had been making his way up, he felt...

Nervous?

No, no. Nervous wasn't it at all. This was excitement. He was about to really knock the rust off of his abilities and do something good all the while. Of course, with the possibility of other Do-Gooders around, it was likely to cause a scene. A heat signature of this magnitude was likely to cause a storm of sorts if he wasn't careful with the concentration of the blast, and even his well-intentioned diversion of calamity could bring about a problem of its own. Even with this, though, it only added to the sheer thrill of it. Everything could go absolutely wrong during this, but simply relying on his past expereince would have to get him through.

That, in itself, was the most fun about all of this.

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

~Dexter Heidrich: Digerati~​

After taking pains to make sure that he didn't leave any evidence of his tampering, Dexter shut his helmet's monitor off and refocused on reality. Miserbell had said something but he was only half paying attention at the time and now she was looking back at them expectantly. Something about someone who could help? More help couldn't hurt he supposed. Dexter turned his attention to his mentor once again, his voice betraying none of his uneasiness, "Sir, I may have found something." Opening a panel on his forearm, a new screen came to life as information on Ida Lessen popped up. Holding his arm out for his mentor to see, the apprentice continued, "Her powers haven't developed yet, but it appears that she already has a large amount of magical energy. There's already a few recorded incidents of her overloading nearby electronics and causing light bulbs to explode." Watching the wall of text scroll down, he added, "This could be due to the magical energy itself rather than her actually developing electric-inclined powers though." Dexter hesitated for a moment, unsure if his 'worst-case scenario' outlook in life would make the situation unnecessarily worse.

The apprentice settled on trusting his mentor with his fears and grimly stated, "With the right resources, Ida Lessen could be turned into either a powerful enemy or a magical battery." The concept made his heart clench. It wasn't unheard of for people and organizations to use powered children for their own purposes. He's read case files, he's seen the results of years of torture and conditioning, he's seen the aftermath it left on their families. Dexter's eyes unconsciously drifted towards the drunken father; he prayed that the girl was still unharmed. He didn't have children of his own and didn't even want them, but for a moment his mind replaced Ida's face with his younger siblings' faces and he flinched. The genius couldn't help the sinking feeling that he was out of his league, but if he backed out now and something happened to that girl he'd be haunted by it for the rest of his life. Dexter gave his mentor a few more moments to finish reading the words on the screen before closing the panel on his forearm, thus hiding the screen once more. Inclining his head to where Miserbell was still patiently floating, the apprentice said, "I suggest that we try and get Miserbell's acquaintance to help in our search, he might be useful." In truth, the young man was hoping that the other superhero had some ability they could use to find Ida Lessen. While Dexter was able to find a potential motive, it didn't offer much in actually finding the girl; which only made him more anxious to find her. Kidnapping victims don't tend to stay unharmed long, so the sooner we find her the more likely she won't suffer any permanent trauma.

OnyxReaper OnyxReaper WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

15:30 - Portland, Oregon
On the police scanner, the following can be heard for any Superheroes looking for potential jobs:
scanner.png
  • One suspect from the University robbery could be seen on residential streets to the North of campus. It appears they may be headed to Columbia Park. Be aware, they are assumed to be Powered as well as armed with a large gun. They, as well as their colleagues, were seen carrying identical bags. As a reminder, they had stolen a magical teal stone with golden streaks about the size of a watermelon, which had previously been acquired from the nearby Warm Springs Indian Reservation, before the reservation was created.
  • One suspect from the University robbery could be seen heading West towards the college's fields and is presumed to still be on-campus. Be aware, they are assumed to be Powered as well as armed with a large gun.
  • One suspect from the University robbery could be seen on N Willamette Blvd. but they headed further East onto the train tracks. Be aware, they are assumed to be Powered as well as armed with a large gun.
  • One suspect from the University robbery could be seen flying South over the river into Northwest Portland, and likely headed into the expansive Forest Park. Be aware, they are assumed to be Powered as well as armed with a large gun.
  • Mt. Hood has been seen emitting smoke, despite being essentially dormant for years. Police suggest quicker Superheroes make the approximately 60-mile journey out to the mountain to check it out and see if anyone needs help. This, along with the crash that was seen there by a ranger not long ago, has police suspecting that it may be a villain attack.
Kyrenka Kyrenka Osuka Osuka WeaselThor WeaselThor OnyxReaper OnyxReaper BDark BDark Djinni Djinni

As the police began to gather round the professor nodded to them curtly and spat the now unconscious criminal out of his back and at their feet. "Be careful officers he is powered be sure to keep him contained and observed." his beady eyes never left the man who had pounded his arm into a ragged bloody stump...at this point he had lost enough blood that his health was at risk and thus the professor deemed his consent unnecessary. "And call for an ambulance." he added as his left arm peeled apart into thousands of hairs width tendrils. His Right arm on the other hand stretched out snaking itself across the ground and climbing up a telephone pole forming several sharp needles where his fingers once were. His left hand tendrils split into three groups. One which went into Guirens nostrils and crept into his lungs where they laced the inside of his lungs without hindering his normal breathing. This way he could control his breathing. The second group of tendrils wrapped around his chest applying slight pressure around his heart in order to defibrillate him if he went into cardiac arrest. Finally the last group wormed its way into his stump. They twisted veins and arteries into knots, snipped away frayed muscle and skin, resettled the nerves, and ground down jagged bones into smoothed edges. The last part would likely wake Guiren up so he began to slowly withdraw the tendrils from his lungs. Once pulled free he cupped his arm over the nub in a perfect fit before he drive the needles in his right hand straight into the power line. He let out a groan of discomfort as the current passed through him and heated his body enough to rapidly cauterize the wound, whereas the tendrils around his chest remained cool as they pumped the electrical current into the ground instead of his body. "Wake up young man, this is no time for dying."
Kyrenka Kyrenka

Last edited:
After getting Hammers crass message Sir glory grabbed his suit with his mind and caused his current wardrobe to erupt off of him but the instant his clothes were off his uniform was already stretching itself across him. His glasses hummed to life as he willed them on. Several alerts from police scanners were on his visor but only one was on the way. Granted if the volcano problem got any worse he was most assuredly going to look into that. He decided to fly a wide westward arc to the forests edge. With a slight twitch of his eyebrow the latch on his penthouse window opened and the windows opened outward. He then braced the room with a telekinetic barrier which prevented anything from being stirred as he launched into the sky at the speed of sound.

It only took him a couple of seconds to get to the location and based off of the police scanners last report he calculated the most probable route the criminal would take. Sure enough there was the culprit just a few meters shy of the tree line. Grinning wide he gathered his momentum in his minds eye and came to a sudden stop forcing the momentum forward and shaping it into an invisible wall which launched forward at bullet speeds slamming into the man grounding him nigh instantly were it solid matter he likely would've evaporated the poor chump luckily for both it was just hot air. "Enjoy your Glory shot Criminal...its the last one you will see for a looooong time." he said planting his hands on his hips and striking and intimidating and confident pose. Augmented by the pouches on his belt opening up and several small titanium marbles orbiting aroumd him. "So...you gonna give up? Or are you gonna make this interesting for me? I could use some exercise so please don't give up." his grin was almost as malicious as a killer. All a part of his psychological warfare strategy.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Delilah was talking to the waiter and Otto was Leaning back and scanning the menu when both of their Badges began to vibrate and flash. Otto grabbed his first and shifted his eyes to his wife and she nodded much to his dismay. "But Babe we're at lunch." he started but she cut him off "Then you better move your ass so we can have time to eat afterwards." she said as she tapped the badge and he suit spread out over her civilian clothes with many gasps and cheers as she rose. Otto rolled his eyes and pressed his belt buckle causing the his own suit to unfold like a transformer onto him. "I swear it keeps me up at night trying to figure out how alex made these." he muttered. "best to not think about it hun." delilah added as she pressed a few buttons and two black and white police motorcycles pulled up to the curb only a few seconds later. The two raced off towards the train tracks im a blur of motion and a roar of motors. In just a few minutes they had leapt onto the tracks were rapidly gainingbon the suspect...
Deathkitten Deathkitten

The war god rolled his eyes but kept his comments to himself as Hades took control of the situation. His armor fizzled out of existence leaving him in a black and red pinstriped suit with Cufflinks that depicted a skull in front of crossed rifles. He even had a tie the color of blood, a fedora hat that matched the suit, and a pair of wing tipped. black leather shoes. He then winked at alexandria mouthing the words "next time"

Meanwhile Azeem breathed a sigh if relief before answering the Death god. "Well lord Hades...we don't exactly have a lot of information sir. She simply burst from a pipe in the city...Helios seems to know her identity better than I, forgive me I am not very well versed in Greek Mytho- History." he was quick to correct himself lest he offend one of three Deities around him.
BDark BDark Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Guiren Nyverk: Calamity Force~​

Pain violently exploded into his senses, ripping him from the depths of unconsciousness and unceremoniously tossing him back into reality. His body reacted before his mind had a chance to even process anything beyond the agony coursing through him. His body curled around where the pain was strongest as his stomach roiled. What the fuck. The burning was coming from his...arm? Guiren's left hand fell flat as the space where his right arm should have been was empty.

Where was his arm?

His mind helpfully supplied fragmented memories. Flying. Fighting. A black void, his arm. Despite the agony, or maybe because of it, hysterical giggles spilled out of his mouth. I'm right-handed, he thought with morbid glee, I just fucked up my dominant hand. Why the fuck didn't I use my left hand? He really was an idiot. I don't think my insurance will cover this. For some reason, that sent him into another fit of laughter. Shit, he was losing it.

Finally, the vigilante registered the somewhat concerned figure that was shifting in and out of focus above him; or was that just his vision? Hollow, black eyes stared into his own and recognition suddenly struck him. The alien from before. Craning his neck, Guiren could see cops milling around and an approaching ambulance. The thing must've been a registered hero since nobody was freaking out. Turning his swaying vision back to the apparent hero, Guiren tried to speak but ended up violently coughing instead. His throat hurt! It felt sore, like he had strep or something. Did he inhale something? Blinking in an attempt to refocus his vision, the vigilante swallowed a few times in order to get his throat to cooperate with him again. He tried again and managed a hoarse, "Dude...what the fuck?" He wasn't sure what he was asking for himself, but he wanted an explanation of sorts. The constant background noise of footsteps and police chatter set him on edge. Was he going to be arrested? It kinda seemed like a shitty thing to do to him since he lost a fucking arm, but life wasn't exactly fair. Running away was tempting, but he's already made plenty of stupid decisions already today. Feeling a twinge in his arm, Guiren reached over to pat it only for his hand to hit empty space again. Right, he thought distantly, no arm.

Deathkitten Deathkitten WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited:

Johnny was quick to down his drink and pour another one grumbling that the bottle was only able to half fill his glass. Abigail... he thought to himself commiting the name to memory. He was surprised to hear that she had gotten her hero licence, he had assumed she was here as a fan girl and was a pleasant surprise. He almost dropped the glass when she mentioned Cathrine though. However he tightened his grip to save the last of the top shelf bottle. He listened intently to her explaining of her ability, her love of his music, The glyphs...it almost made him laugh aloud. Here he was, considered the best musician on the planet, and wouldn't ya know it some magical singer just gravitates to him...again. The repetition of life was really starting to loose its grandeur.

Finally after about five seconds of awkward silence he cleared his throat and spoke up. "You talk a lot kid...not that its a bad thing you have the voice for it." he stood and crossed the room in four swift strides handing her a photo he pulled out of his inner jacket pocket. It had bloodstains on the edges of the top right corner and the bottom left corner had singed edges but one could still clearly make out Cathrine in her mid twenties, Her fiance Adam, Yossef the Israeli Drummer, and Johnny D looking the exact same as he did in front of her. "Me and your Granny go way back. I appreciate your compliments and am honored to have you as a fan. But you've piqued my interests, You say your voice is stronger than Catherine's?"

He took a step back Summoning a guitar from behind his back just like he was prone to doing on stage, But as his fingers strummed light rippled off of the strings with the sound. They overlapped and condensed on the walls forming a powerful mystical barrier around the room. When he finished the little riff the guitar vanished in a puff of smoke. "Show me then, Hit me with your best example." he opened his arms making himself a larger human target. "Make it A-Muse-ing...get it because...nevermind."

Deathkitten Deathkitten
Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

Time: 15:32
At Scene:
Intern/Apprentice Superhero Muse (as a civilian)

muse-jpg.469241
Muse jumped a little at the glass nearly falling to the ground. Her fingers played with themselves nervously through the five seconds of silence, wondering what to say before he spoke up himself. She did talk a lot. She was nervous. She also had practically run out of things to say and was happy she didn't have to flail around verbally until she stuck with another line of conversation.

She watched his smooth strides curiously and took the photo offered, raising brows at the people in the image. "Wow. That's an old picture," she said, breathing out a little incredulous chuckle, "Ah... yeah. My voice is stronger than my Grandma's. Wow though. She doesn't look much different..."

Catherine Auden.pngMuse quickly pulled out her phone and brought up a picture of Catherine, who certainly didn't look like she could be an adult's mother, let alone a grandmother. She was slim, young, only the hint of wrinkles, and one of few differences between the old picture and her now was the streaks of white that accented her blue hair. Her hair was a few shades lighter than Muse's, but it was pretty apparent that they were related.

"This picture is such an awesome one. We were helping a winery pick their grapes. They take volunteers and whatnot so that they can harvest in time, and so I took the picture when we were just taking a break. She looks so serene and pretty in it. Not at all what you'd think a grandma would look like, huh?"

Johnny stepped back though, summoning a guitar, and Muse tried fighting off blushing. That was super cool. She needed to learn how to do that after she knew how to actually play instruments well. His fingers strummed the strings and she shivered, watching the light, as well as the glyphs she could see, flow off and into an interesting barrier. She smiled at the tiny display, getting excited now. This was such a cool situation.

Her smile turned back into nervousness though as he told her to show him, blush rushing to fill her cheeks, "I... o-oh. Alright, I suppose. Just... anything at all?" She didn't mind his awful joke. She wasn't really paying attention to it, too freaked out by the prospect of trying to choose a song to sing for him. Something to show off, too... Metal, perhaps? Or maybe the old band Queen? Their singer had a very rare vocal range. It would show off her own... and something to manipulate to show that off... She didn't want to choose anything bad, anything hurtful... but... hmm. He had more instruments than just that one. She had heard it from her Grandmother. She wanted to see all of them in person.

Muse smiled and breathed out steadily, trying to calm herself. Her stupid nervousness was one of her greatest banes. She took her breath, and sung.

The first few notes were notably shy, nervous, but it didn't take her long to get into the swing of things. She was an incredibly amazing singer, and more than that, she was potent. Her voice wove into it her desires, what she wanted to get out of whoever was listening, which was, in this case, to get to see his other instruments. She didn't need to directly ask for it either, which was helpfully covert. Muse decided to also show off a bit by adding in sight as a component. About halfway through the second line of the song she made it so he could see the music flowing out of her as glyphs same as she could. The glyphs danced around, swirling around the area, but especially around him.

Blush rushed back to her face again as she finished singing, waiting for his word... for what he thought of her voice.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Though he very obviously wanted to smash the Masked hero into the ground Daryl had more things on his mind and for the first time was happy not to pursue conflict. He headed into the airport and people let out uncomfortable murmurs. His sightings were rarely considered a good thing. Ignoring the annoying crowds he flagged down the First security officer and showed him the Government stamped email. The man nodded and guided him to a secluded Hangar where a military cargo plane had just landed.

The hangar was massive, usually holding four 757 aircraft but his time it held only a single army cargo plane. The sheer amount of armed guards in the hanger showed that the planes cargo was not just something simple. Almost three dozen men were there in full marine outfit. Finally the CO approached him. "Good to see you Captain." the man said as Hammer straightened up and saluted the officer. "You too Colonel, i take it the boy is asleep?" hammers voice was deeper and carried much further through the hanger. "That he is, we have anti-sedatives on standby if you need them, he is pretty deep under at the moment." hammer nodded and the colonel waved his hand. Several soldiers ran for their positions as the cargo bay opened to reveal a young man bound in chains and sleeping in the center of the cargo bay. The soldiers looked to the colonel who nodded at them and they tossed a few canisters of the Anti-sedative into the plane. After a few moments the young man awoke with a primal sounding growl and flung himself at the soldiers with an inhuman roar.

He didnt get far however, he managed to get about three steps before Daryls vice grip of a hand closed around The young mans throat. He then slammed the boy into the planes floor with enough force that the entire craft jolted. "Calm down boy, We got some stuff to do." for a second he locked eyes with Feral and finally the boy spoke. "What we huntin pops?" once the look of recognition washed over the young mans face hammer loosened his grip and helped him to his feet. "We have three targets...all non lethal, and all potential friendlies..." feral let out a whine and complained. "but I suck at live capture old man."hammer saluted the colonel once more before leading feral outside. "Why do you think your here dumb ass,training is over...its field time."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Two things occurred to Alexandria, and for them both, they spoke to a larger idea: Hades and Ares were annoying in their own way. Hades, though she couldn't be sure if he was attempting to be rude or simply belittle the idea she put forth, had definitely left that to interpretation to her. The way he had put it across was something of a half-compliment-half-stay-out-of-it-mortal kind of statement, and she herself thought that perhaps he couldn't instead taken the advice and had the conversation elsewhere like.... Oh, she didn't know - Olympus or Tartarus perhaps? Then there was Ares, and there were many things that had irritated her about him from his ego that was bigger than hers, to the last second that he was around. The wink and the "Next Time" that had been mouthed to her made her nose wrinkle and her skin crawl. She wasn't into men, and even if she entertained the idea, Ares just gave off too much of an overbearing type of vibe for her to consistently put up with.

Doses. That's what you took those kinds of people in.

Helios was okay, though. She'd drink with Helios.

So, instead of gracing either with an immediate response, Alexandria shrugged, pulled a device to shed the armor (which left her exposed with her ballistic suit once more), and then watched as a drone carrying a container came in to literally vacuum the pieces up. A few seconds later and her behind perched very comfortably on the box, she instructed the drone to lift another ten feet as she spoke.

"Well, you can either take my advice and go now, which would be the smart thing," she started, looking at each of the gods in turn. "Or you can stand around here in the open like a bunch of idiots. Even Ares had a better idea, which is going literally anywhere but here. After all, if this is something that's supposed to get you all out in the open, you're doing them a huge favor, and I don't think I'm going to stick around for that - armor or not. I'll bill you the damages."

With that having been said, Alexandria didn't give Helios or Hades the chance to argue it as the drone carried her and her broken armor away into the skies above. She almost felt like leaving with her favorite finger on display for everyone, but if she couldn't beat the snot out of Ares, she might as well have been classy about it. After all, she did have spare parts, but the most painful part was going to be trying to repair the armor that was damaged. She was out of funds, and there was no way in hell after this stunt that the company Hammer was working for was going to shell her the dough to buy what she needed.

She also wouldn't trust them as far as she could throw her armor with buying the materials, either. They'd probably buy the cheap stuff, and she didn't have time or the want to deal with cheap materials.

WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten BDark BDark

It was not hard to tell by his expression that johnny didn't expect the effect that this girls voice had on him. He was ready for pain, some sort of force, and possibly a torturous compulsion. Clearly he had been spending too much time around Demons, not that it was his choice anymore. Nonetheless her voice was more than just beautiful...it was compelling. He had the idea to raise his mental defenses but it was quickly drowned out by her sickly sweet song. He shuddered before it finally took hold and rings of magic opened up around him. The luminescence emanating from the Summoning runes cast by his magic light overpowered the dim lights of the VIP room and for a moment it was as bright as the sun.

Then one by one the runes broke in rapid succession, and when they broke an instrument materialized out of the runes shards. 46 different instruments spawned from these runes from dulcimers and symbols, to Saxophones and even some bagpipes. What was once a table and three chairs now lay on the ground in splinters with a large iron grand piano that had to weigh at least a ton. It was like a show of lights and sounds as each instrument let out a single note upon its summoning yet somehow the notes harmonized with the tune of the mystical melody of Abigail's voice. However the two brightest runes were the closest to him and they were the last to break. First one behind him which was a lute from the 1700's then came the Violin. It was Jet black on the outside but towards its center it faded into a deep blue shade.

His hand shot out with near inhuman speed as he snatched the Violin out of the air, in his opposite hand appeared the bow bearing the same color scheme, he played one Long note and whispered "Enough" the note and the word seemed to reverberate together causing each instrument to evaporate into sparks except for the violin which he held in his hand. For a moment his face seemed alit with fury, his eyes seemed to have a desperate and almost feral expression in them. Yet it only lasted a moment before his usual apathy settled back in. "Not Bad kid...a little unorthodox but impressive nonetheless." the violin and its bow then followed the trend of the other instruments and fizzled out of existence, along with the glowing barrier on the walls. It was almost as if nothing had happened except for the broken table and chairs which remained crushed.

Finally after a few moments of silence he spoke again "Have you ever considered saving the music industry yourself? You weren't wrong when you said it would change after my retirement...but i fell like you could change it for the better." he almost gagged saying it, not because it was a lie he did in fact believed it to be true, but because it was the nicest thing he had ever said to anyone and it honestly just felt out of character but he could at least explain the nicety off as a side effect of her power. Wether or not his explanation held any weight was yet to be seen.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Last edited:
akira-takaoka-assassination-classroom-tv-72411.jpg

Edward Woodsman
Ed forced back another flash of anger on his face as he listened to Dexter mention the girl, and her potential use as a battery or tool. Besides the slight furrow of his brow and the clenched fist in his jacket, this anger was masked by a forced face of determination. The fist in his pocket tightened again, before opening, leaving his pocket and resting at his side.

He shut his eyes for a moment, didn't move, held his breath. He needed to think.

He breathed in deep, held the air in his lungs for a few more moments, then let it all go.

"Thank you Digerati, I agree with you and Miserbell, I know this Johnny D guy, not personally, but I've met him in passing, and heard alot about him, along with his... eccentricities. If we can get him to help, he'll be a massive bolster to the search team." Ed dragged the dredge of a smile onto his face as he faced the trainees, he had to leave a good impression.

"Once we speak to Johnny, I'll get in touch with the police, they'll jump on this missing girl case pretty fast, if not to do there civic duty, because having you name in the news as the officer that saved a little girl from terrorists is a pretty sure-fire way to get promoted." There was the slightest hint of anger in the man's voice, a little shard of spite in. Edward held alot of respect for good cops, good men that put themselves in the line of fire and risked there own lives for the populace as a hole. But as with any organisation, it was all too common that the more calculating or ill-meaning individuals were the ones that rose to the top.

Edward shrugged the flickering thought off and got moving, gesturing for the trainees to move with him, not follow behind him. "Miserbell? You know where Johnny D is? Can you show us the way?"

The hero followed on after Miserbell, not giving pause when he noticed she'd led them to a VIP room, he was in a hurry, didn't have time to be overly polite.

He swung the door open before him, taking in the two people chatting amongst themselves in the room. The first he noticed was Johnny D, with his companion being a girl he didn't recognise.

"Johnny D? Edward Woodsman, Class C, I'm requesting your assistance on a child rescue operation." Edward took another deep breath. His voice noticeably dropping in enthusiasm as he finished speaking. "The child was taken by the Occard Alliance..."

The young man named leo walked with an excited pep in his step. After several years of preparation with his parents he was finally ready to take the Entrance tests for the hero academy. He had studied magic, practiced martial arts, and looked extensively into investigative techniques. He honestly had butterflies in his stomach. Yet he was pulled out of his excitement by spotting the silver chain of a jet black medallion just sitting on the sidewalk.

He looked around for a second trying to spot whoever had dropped it but after seeing no one he picked it up. It felt heavy and surprisingly cold despite the hot day they were having today. "Weird" he said aloud as he looked into his reflection on the pendant. He could feel powerful magic leaking out of the medallion but it felt kind and loving. Finally after standing there for nearly a minute deliberating he put the medallion on and continued his walk.

It wasn't even a minute later when he started feeling tired and heavy, not to mention damp with sweat. He wiped his brow with his hand and froze. His sweat was black?!? As he looked at his hand close to his face he felt his nose start to run and saw a jet black droplet fall onto the smear. It was about this time that Leo's vision went black and he started choking on the slime as it poured from everywhere.
~~~

The officer across the street watched in horror as black goop seemed to explode out of some teen across the street. The Man was quick at almost everything. Quick to radio in for back up, quick to cross the street and quick to the kids side to see if he was Ok. Judging by the inhuman howl he was emitting which was rapidly turning from high to low pitch, it was safe to say the kid was not alright. "Its alright kid help is on the way." the cop said. He nearly jumped when the now fully blobbed out kid replied with "I dont need help...YOU DO!" the officer was quick to take a step back, but not quick enough. A massive arm swiped out at him and everything went dark as he was flung across the street and into the fourth floor of the office building he was just standing in the shade of. Luckily everything was numb, otherwise the officer was sure he would be in a lot of pain. His vision was still black though and he could feel a coldness washing over him and began to wonder if he was even still alive.
~~~
Now that it had a body Behegon was begining to feel the pangs of hunger. This boy only had enough magic for a few hours tops. He needed a new host and fast. Magic...North. he thought to himself swatting aside a policeman like a gnat before leaping several hundred yards in the direction of providence park...
Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka OnyxReaper OnyxReaper

An abandoned mansion in a residential area.

Time: ~15:30
Location: 420 Northwest Macleay blvd., Portland, Oregon, an abandoned mansion
At Scene:
Astrella student Tsunami and Supervillain Tempest
Threat Level: ?
Known Threats: Supervillain Tempest

tempest.jpgTempest smirked at the message he had received on the phone. Oh, goodie goodie. His friend was just going to come to him. He debated it for a moment but decided to head there. He wasn't too far off as it was. The prison break was easy enough, and now this lovely little scenario. Today was turning out to be such a wonderful day.

Once there, and it really was only a few moments of teleportation, he settled into one of the covered couches of the abandoned mansion. Tempest took out the cell again and sighed, looking at it, "Now now... how to respond to such a desperate statement? Such a demand? Should I be cruel somehow?" He smiled, the conversation he was having with himself absolutely hilarious. Yes, no. Yes, no. Yes... hm, "And what to do once he arrives, eh?"

Kindness won out on the texting front, though he rolled his eyes as he typed.

Tsunami(Baki)
me
Hey Tsunami.
me
How are you doing?
me
A year since I've been gone. I haven't gotten bullied at all, even without you sticking up for me. Isn't that nice?
them
Portland abandoned mansion. 420 nw Macleay blvd Now.
me
Do be safe as you're coming over. Your teachers won't be pleased, I imagine.

Tempest sighed long and low, looking out of the large window on the back end of the house that overlooked a small drop-off on the hill. Would he be able to see him coming from here? The little voice in the back of his mind wondered how he had been doing all this time. Was he okay? Was he happy? Did he miss him? Another grin donned his face at the thoughts.

Oh my... was this going to be fun...

Osuka Osuka

As Hammer walked he made a point to stand up straight to be sure and show the difference between him and his son who led him on all fours occasionally putting his face to the ground to refresh the scent. Feral on the other hand was as excited as one could be, here he was not only outside but also in a big city working around tons of people. It took all he had just to focus but he managed to track the scent to the large apartment building in front of them. "the scent ends here, goes all the way up to the top floor..." feral said turning to look at hammer who gazed upwards at the building. "Go smoke em out kid, ill take the elevator." The massive man said as he walked to the iron gate and pulled it open snapping the lock as if it was a toothpick. Feral nodded as he narrowed his eyes and decided to get serious. He leap easily thirty feet straight up catching his grip on a window ledge and flinging himself another couple dozen feet up. At his pace he made it to the top floor before the elevator even opened but right as he was about to crash through the window a burst of blueish energy bullets flew out the window almost punching holes through him, if not for him letting himself fall down a floor before catching himself. "Ooooo fun, my turn." he said leaping straight up and pivoting in midair to avoid the spray of lazer fire while he tossed the smoke grenade on his waist straight into the window.
~~~
Maggie was sitting on her computer rapidly tearing through firewalls but to no avail as they were erected just as quickly to impede her progress. She gritted her teeth and tossed the laptop onto the couch beside her just as Toni emerged from the kitchen with two microwave meals in tote. "No luck with the school eh? Im telling you there is nothing sinister going on there..." he seemed to trail off as his eyes took on their tale tell grayish glow. "Get your gun we are gonna be having visitors." he said a moment later as his eyes cleared up and he sprung towards the door to lock it and pull his strange alien looking gun from the nightstand beside it. Maggie only had to snake one of her arms beneath the couch to produce a futuristic looking SMG. Toni trained his gun on the door then paused...sure enough the alarm they placed on the iron door downstairs went off and he forced his eyes to grey out once again this time for only a fraction of a second. "MAG THE WINDOW!" he shouted just as a human shape rose level with it. Maggie didn't hesitate for even a moment, she whirled around dropping to one knee and firing a burst of laser infused rounds at the shape before even seeing what it was. Yet to her surprise this figure spun and flipped in the air managing to slip past the rounds as he fell back down. Only to spring up again dodging her second burst and tossing a smoke grenade, she managed to catch it with one of her cybernetic tendrils but it began pouring out thick white smoke which caused her to toss it back out the window but her eyes had already begun to sting and tear up
"TONI! WE GOTTA GO NOW!!!" the boy looked over and fired three greenish bolts into the window one of which managed to slam into the chest of the shape and send it hurtling into the streets below. Content with the hit he then moved to Maggie's side and helped guide her to he door...
~~~
Hammer hear the gunfire as he rode the elevator to the top floor finally letting out a ding as it let him out into the hallway right as the two kids came out of their apartment. A menacing smile spread across his face as both of them spotted him and rose their weapons at the same time. He took one more step and they opened fire much to his amusement. The blue and green Lights streaked across the hallway bouncing off of his chest and face as he advanced upon them clicking his tongue and wagging his finger. "Now now kids, you be careful you'll shoot your eye out." he tilted his chest forward and the reflected shots got dangerously close to hitting maggie and toni which caused them to stop firing and try to shuffle back into the room only to see feral hopping back into the window with only a slight burn on his chest where he was hit. "Relax Guys we aren't gonna hurt you just come with us." feral said with his hands raised.
~~~
Open for interaction :)

There were a plethora of different emotions swirling around in the pit of Tsunami's stomach. There was relief; the thought that he would potentially get to see the face of his closest and most beloved of non-blood family, but it mingled with unease. It wasn't exactly the time to feel happy, after all: Tempest was either held hostage, it was an impostor waiting for him, or, worse, it really was Tempest and then things got more complicated. There was panic, fear, and melancholy, though of course it couldn't be true melancholy since he knew the occasion as to why it was there. Sadness and pain, in its truest form, were the most boisterous and pervasive of the emotional company that he kept.

With that hurt, the pain at the thought of what may have become of his friend, however, was anger. There was some maniac who was connected to Tempest - his brother if he ever had one, and they were using him. Hurting him. If the person he fought was anything like the person in the simulation before his first year at Astrella's were the same, though, then he was going to be in for a rough time. The fact that he could be harmed - maybe killed, or even worse was if Tempest was harmed through any of this was like a heavy weight that was pulling at the pit of his gut, sitting right alongside the churning pool of emotions that would make him shake if he didn't have to concentrate so hard on keeping up his manipulation of the fluids that carried him forth like a stallion, which it now had taken the shape of, galloping at speeds that made ritzy cars on highways feel jealous of their lawful limits.

Of course, there was also the problem of possible expulsion. Tsunami, in his rush, had realized that he had left the grounds of Astrella's Boarding School for the Powered without permission and without a faculty member. Too bad he didn't have enough inclination to care overmuch. If he was able to get Tempest back, maybe get him back to the way he had been before all of this happened (if he could have actually changed and been responsible), then they could just... Disappear. Go somewhere. Get new identities and not be found. He'd take the kid somewhere he'd be safe.

Yeah... He'd also be able to beat all the faculty members at Astrella's school all at once, single-handedly.

Through all of his stupid plans, though, he had thought through with at least one. The horse he was now riding as the old, abandoned mansion came into view, was actually a copy of the breed of horse that was his own, personal favorite. The only person on the planet who knew that was Tempest himself since he thought it was lame that, out of all the animals to have as a favorite, it was a horse. It was also a very strong, very fast horse that was used in horse racing, but this one had more speed and wasn't prone to breaking its legs.

For the record, it was an American Cream Draft Horse, and it's name would have been Drifter if it was a living thing. If someone didn't like it, they could shove it where opinions can't physically go.

Having come close enough, Tsunami could see the shape of his old friend in the window of the mansion, and he didn't notice the speed of his aquatic equine slowing as his heart both broke and sunk. It really... Really was Tempest. It really was the same, exact person he knew before he disappeared. Same dark locks of hair styled in one of those newer trends that he didn't know the name of, the same expressionless, piercing eyes, thin lips, small frame... And it was enough to make the horse kick it into high gear. Barreling around the mansion to a side entrance, Tsunami quickly leaped off and watched as the aqueous form slammed headlong into the door, crumbling it underneath its force and weight before taking off in the same direction. Tsunami was quick in his entrance, rushing through the threshold and taking a quick - very quick - look through the first floor. He was looking mainly for anyone else who could have shown up with him: specifically the kind that had been bad news. It wouldn't do to be ambushed in the first ten seconds before he could even position himself to see another threat coming.

"Tempest?!" Tsunami called out, satisfied that there was no one else left. He made his way out of the kitchen, which was the last room he checked, before heading back off to his friend.

"Tempest," he continued after having finally gotten to him. This moment itself had thrown all of his past rationality out of the window. He forgot that the image before him was the same as the images on news screens and wanted posts. The same one that had was tied to death and destruction. The same one tied to a very real, very obvious danger. "Tempest, sheezus... I.... It's been a fuckin' year, mate. The fuck is goin' on? Some wackjob's runnin' around with your face n' your name, and they're slanderin' you - where have you been?!"

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Helios lowered his bow, and the arrow faded away. He didn't answer Hades immediately, but thought for a moment, taking Alexandria's words into account as she began to fly away. She was right... Mostly.

"Amphitrite." He answered Hades after a while. "It's Amphitrite. She's being controlled by someone."
Of course, whoever was powerful enough to bind Amphitrite in such a way would pose a threat to these gods, except maybe for Hades, for he was too powerful. Back on Olympus, though, where the gods are at full power...

"Amphitrite," the sun god called as he turned around to face the goddess, "What do you feel? How are you bound?"

(sorry for the late reply my dudes. I got a bit distracted.)
WeaselThor WeaselThor Deathkitten Deathkitten

~Dexter Heidrich: Digerati~​

His mentor's anger wasn't surprising, but his bitterness was. Dexter didn't like prying into people's personal lives since he didn't like them prying into his. If he didn't ask questions then they wouldn't ask questions, it was simple. Nevertheless, morbid curiosity reared its head as he listened to his mentor's acidic remarks towards the police. Did he have a bad experience? His father had his own distrust and resentment towards authority figures, but it was off-putting seeing it from someone who usually seemed so level-headed. However, just as suddenly as the anger appeared it disappeared as if it was never there in the first place. Wasting no time, his mentor strode after Miserbell towards the stadium. His mentor never glanced behind to make sure that his apprentice was following behind, but as metallic footsteps thumped along Dexter doubted that he needed to. Hopefully this won't be a stealth mission, he thought to himself as his footsteps seemed to grow louder. He'd have to look into using a more light-weight metal. But then I'd lose my durability. Oh well, that would be something to agonize over later. Right now, his mentor had entered a lounge and began addressing the man there.

The man wasn't what he was expecting, but Dexter wasn't too surprised. Heroes came in different shapes and sizes, so the man's, Johnny D.'s, lanky form was no doubt hiding some sort of power. While his mentor talked, Dexter quickly pulled up a bit of information on this Johnny D. It doesn't hurt to know what others are capable of. Musical based powers; he hadn't seen too many heroes with them yet, but those that did have them definitely knew how to utilize them. He was also, Dexter's eyebrow quirked up a little, two hundred and thirty-nine years old. That was...unique. As interesting as an immortal was, Dexter banished Johnny D.'s files from his screen so that the genius could refocus on his mentor. It was a good thing he did too as he was able to catch the tail-end of his mentor's last sentence, "...was taken by the Occard Alliance..."

Dexter hated to admit it, but for a second his body froze. The Occard Alliance? The Occard Alliance!? Feeling his hands beginning to sweat, the young apprentice felt genuine fear grip him. The Occard Alliance was almost like a distant memory to him. Sure, the aftermath of the attacks had shaped his life, but he couldn't actually remember them for himself. He was too young and too unaffected by them on a whole that he couldn't recall them.

That didn't mean that he didn't know what they were capable of.

Shouldn't someone more qualified be taking over? While it was noble that his mentor wanted to help this child, it was definitely out of their league if the OA was involved. Most likely, a A or S ranked hero should take over. Dexter opened his mouth to say as much, but he hesitated. His mentor had never led him wrong before; so if he wasn't handing the mission over to a higher ranking hero did that mean that they could handle it? Glancing at the other occupants in the room, the apprentice counted four heroes including himself and not including the blue-haired girl that was with Johnny D. Four seemed like a good number, but they were lacking experience. Can we actually save this girl? After another beat of silence passed, Dexter decided to place his faith in his mentor. If he thinks that we can handle this, then we can handle this. He'd have to be in top performance though, since he doubted that the OA would have gotten dull in the years they've been inactive.

WeaselThor WeaselThor OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Deathkitten Deathkitten

Johnny's face held obvious irritation when Edward Woodard came in and began to introduce himself and explain the situation. With him was a few others but Johnny's eyes didn't leave Ed's, yet as he mentioned the Occard alliance his brows rose slightly. "OA huh? Them Waters be a bit deep for us low rankers Don'cha think." he said adding a bit of an accent which he chuckled off. "You got me for an hour and a half before my gig, and I'll be sending a budget adjustment requisition form to HQ, i expect you to sign off on it. If you survive that is." it was almost disgusting, his obvious lack of care for the situation. He didn't see a child in need, he saw a promotion opportunity complete with a raise. Yet he didn't wait for anyone to answer his statement instead he walked over to the bar and grabbed a sharp knife used for cutting limes. "If your Squeamish look away." he said before plunging the knife into his right palm and dripping a good amount of blood into his empty glass and pulling the knife out

He spent about a minute doodling out an obviously demonic symbol in the ground. By the time he was done his hand wound had already closed up and a thin white line was shrinking where the wound once was. After the symbol was done he took a few steps back, made a frame with his hands tilting it ever so slightly before taking a step to the left and nodding in satisfaction. One of the runes from before appeared in the air in front of his hand before shattering and reforming into a wicked looking black saxophone with a screaming skull at the bottom where the sound emanated. An expert in magical artifacts of the infernal variety would recognise it as the Fallen horn, a mighty demon summoning tool older than even johnny. "Nobody try an talk to this asshole, he will bring your past out against you and it'll be every ones problem so just shut up an watch okay."

He took a deep breath and began to play the saxophone as if he had spent a lifetime doing it. His fingers crackled with red electricity as he shifted notes and the song it produced seemed new to the ear but at the same time it stirred memories as if it had been heard before. When the last low note was let out the air above the circle of blood burst into flames and a shifting vaguely human shape appeared in the circle. "Your joking,what kinda dick head ...oh hey Johnny. What do you want this time." The demon's voice dripped with sarcasm and hatred but johnny seemed to pay it no mind. "You already know what happens if you don't do what i want, so how about we skip the pleasantries. Look into that guys mind." he pointed at edward. "the Little girls name is in there, find out who took her and where they are keeping her. Then ill let ya go, scouts honor."

The demonic blob of shadowy matter seemed to ponder for a second before turning his head towards edward. He would feel a slight headache which would very quickly fade as Beguilous pulled the information he needed and seemed to close his many eyes for a few moments. When they opened colors flooded out of them like a kind of incorporeal ink. The colors overlapped and intertwined becoming a dark shadowy room with a cage and two people standing beside it. The cage was built into the stone behind her and there were no windows at any angle. The two people had identities hidden beneath a cowl and cloaks that obscured their shape however it was faintly apparent that one was female. The girl was in the case and aside from some dirty clothes and the streamlines of tears she seemed to have no problems. Every thing seemed to blur and shift as the vantage point rose higher, into the ceiling and beyond everything morphed and flipped in on itself forming a birds eye view of Portland.

"Im afraid that's all i am willing to show you Mr.D...But before you banish me a warning from my new king." the demon cleared his throat before continuing. "Lord Azazel has seen your Wit, he has Seen your strength, and he has heard your Challenge...Consider it Accepted, and peace be with you in the little time you have left." Johnny smirked as the demon said his piece. "Ya done? Ok good tell your boss i said to eat a D**k, and you to buddy." johnny said as a rune appeared above the demon. It shattered like the one before but this time it summoned a grand piano which landed firmly atop the demon with clang and a crunch. Beguilous groaned and cursed beneath the mass of wood and steel while johnny casually strolled close enough to scrape part of the blood seal away with a swipe of his foot causing the demon to vanish in a puff of sulphur smelling smoke.

"All right the kids somewhere underground in portland, kidnapped by two unidentified suspects one male one female, i suspect early to late twenties based off of how they were standing, depends on if they smoke or not." Johnny said snapping his fingers causing the piano to vanish into sparkles of purplish light. He strolled to the bar reaching up and grabbing two more top shelf bottles and then stooping down to grab his Shoulder bag. He put the two bottles in and took his revolver belt out strapping it on under his jacket. "Balls in y'alls court now Kiddos. Whats the game plan."
OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka

Users who are viewing this thread

Back