• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jewel and Jupiter
“Ah shit… fucking damn fuck… fuck,” Jewel grumbled, already opening her grimoire. She made a mental connection to Eternox, “I can assure your safety. I just need your ass near me for a moment.”

“Jupiter you can handle civilian mitigation, yeah?”

Jupiter nodded, slicing her finger open so blood would flow. She slashed at the air with it, said a quick word in demonic, and disappeared through the rift.

Jewel looked like she was struggling to not be excited about this shit. She was really freaking excited though! She got to use her grimoire! Like really use it. Usually that got her in trouble but this time it warranted it!”

She snapped the book open and disappeared into it with an evil grin.

Said grimoire appeared beside Eternox suddenly, following him as though chained to him, and again he would hear her voice in his mind, “Oi! Eternox. Buddy. You made my job harder but I still got your back. In the form of this book, anyway. Just ignore me if you’d like. As long as I’m attached to you - and no your sword teleporting shit won’t break it - you can hug and kiss on your daughter as much as you’d like. No worry about the toxin necessary. Hell, with this you could withstand a nuke… Mind, you SO owe me for this later. I’m gonna be regaining mana and whatever for a bit after this stunt. All good though. Enjoy your kid. Imma sleep in my book for a bit……. Oh. If you try to use my grimoire without my permission, I’ll skin your junk specifically and feed it to your daughter as chicharrones. Savvy? No touchy the book unless I say so.”

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Corvus

Corvus's walk to the care all but froze at the illumination of red light and alarms going on behind her. Slowly she turned her head to look towards the lab, fingers slowly flexing atop her cane. Everything else was entirely forgotten, from the Mania-inflicted vampire to Arenike, who sounded very muffled as Corvus's mind raced...Viona had left her suit. Or had been torn out of it. Neither thought was a good one, black gloves gripping the head of her cane rather severely. "The alarms mean Viona is outside of her suit, and has become a walking biohazard. I suggest we move post-haste, as they will escalate to lethal force to halt her if necessary. I'm sure you understand why I cannot allow that to happen." Corvus quickly approached the car before wrenching the door open...Quite literally. As Arenike had yet to unlock the car, the sounds of machine and metal being violently rent apart filled the air as the otherwise calm and slim woman yanked the door back, severely damaging the car door and the car itself in an unusual showing of strength. In truth, it wasn't genuine super strength, she had simply altered her own biology and muscle mass to the extreme to allow for the single showing, slipping into the car. "Consider the 'speed limits' more of a 'speed suggestion' for this endeavor, Arenike." Corvus kept her voice unnervingly even-keeled and relaxed, despite the severity of the circumstances. Was Viona alright? What had caused this to happen? She could only pray that they were fast enough...she could not heal the dead.

Corvus_Sketchy.png

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving

Adam Marshall

Adam glanced over towards his wife, giving the widest smile he had. That is to say, it was still a more reserved and polite one, but it was Adam's own brand of an ear-to-ear grin. "Year one, huh? Well, you always were a pretty good detective, so I'm not surprised." Adam wasn't exactly a talkative man, let alone at mealtime, more interested in quietly enjoying his meal and coffee thank idle chatter, and small talk. As they were working on cleaning up the kitchen there came a knock at the door, Adam pausing what he was doing. "I'll get it." Making his way to the entryway and front door Adam opened up the door, pausing as the woman who looked quite similar to Muse offered her hand to him. Slowly he reached out, giving a proper firm handshake before giving his reply. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Auden. You'd be correct in your guess, I'm one of two Detective Marshalls." Releasing her hand he gave a calm nod, glancing over towards Sylvia as she invited Catherine in. He knew he likely had no reason to be concerned, but he was always rather of outright inviting someone into the house...he knew what could happen when you did that.

"Just a few wards, just a few," Adam replied, in spite of the fact his house was a Fort Knox of warding, "I'd say life is fairly interesting all the same, however." As she came inside and Adam locked up the door he made his way to the living room to settle into the usual spot, a somewhat older recliner that was starting to show its age in a few spots but otherwise held up well. "I've a few questions I'd like to ask, yes, so I don't hope that's a bother. I'm content to field anything you might have, as well. So I suppose my first curiosity is what do you do for a living, ma'am?"
image0.jpg

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Natalie

Nat hummed in thought, rolling the request about in her head even as she slipped and stumbled on the ice despite her absolute best efforts to not have this occur. "Well, I want to be upfront with ya Chutes. I'm not really looking for an active relationship or nothin' right now, given the murder spirit in my head and I've got so much madness going on as of today and yesterday I've still got to scream. I don't mind a friend date, but I can't promise a relationship with ya, love. So long as you're okay with that, I'll accept the offer." Nat's voice had dropped it's teasing tone to a more polite and matter-of-fact one, keeping her eye contact with Chutes as she spoke. "Hope I'm not breaking you're heart or nothin with that, love. I think-DAMMIT!" Nat flailed as she moved just wrong enough to send her backwards towards the ice, yanking on Chute's arm instinctively in an effort to right herself.
PMwfeQTiXF5r2pHh9v49Q3aIYw5PeYmoxm3vNrTwwFkYun5jkdEAepLO_xBKHg6msvB7BSdXOCh3reXdk9AynY3Fi_jMOsDHR0KKArAazgcLC7UNXfkVz1NHG7p33Uv0dgycV7CR

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Ariah

"Dad, I'm more than content to get you to sleep if necessary. You are organic, and unfortunately, you require sleep. Therefore, please sleep." Ariah shifted to rest a hand on her hip, frowning a bit at the sensation of her hand...of her hand against cloth...of her hand against cloth against her body. This was quickly going to be annoying, why did people use clothes if they felt this all the time!? "Hmm...As much as I'd like to fine-tune the sensations to the point of numbness, it may be counterproductive. If I can endure it for an extended period of time, as troublesome and useless as this feels to me, I may used to it quicker. And of course I recall the 0.1 frame. However, we eventually circumvented that issue by the addition of damage detection and sensors for live readings and input. There was no need for these sensations. I entirely understand you wanting me to 'simulate human life', dad. But at risk of sounding like Skynet...humans are terribly inefficient. Organics get bumped on the head just right, and they die. I cannot fathom Mia's fascination with the organic experience." Ariah's eyes narrowed a bit at the mention of 'extracurricular activities', like Robert had just insulted her. "Dad. Most respectfully. That sounds...like the worst thing I can ever consider. I would rather have you strip me for parts to make a calculator...I just felt an uncomfortable sensation run down my spine, is that normal?"

Whether Ariah was just complaining and being a cynic as usual, or simply complaining to complain it was anyone's guess, even her own 'family'. As Robert explained the issues plaguing him she motioned towards him, giving a sigh. "Exactly what I mean. Terribly inefficient. I swear, your creator, be it evolution or a God, has a sick sense of humor dad." Ariah shifted her arms to fold across her chest, lips twitching in a frown at the sensation of her own skin. "Yessir," she grumbled, pausing as she ran the proposed simulation, lips downturned in a frown. "Exactly .2542 seconds to run the simulation, so at least this bodies processing power is much quicker than the previous. So unfortunate it's not in the other body. Also, based off the simulation and my calculations, we'll lose California's coastline before we pass fifty years, not to mention other coastlines and cities. It is highly advisable something gets figured out on this front."
ariah-human-jpg.985545

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Hannya

The samurai stared ahead silently, glancing at Unagi out of the corner of her eye before her gaze settled on Cyri, fingers rapping against her leg, a regular tap...tap...tap of irritation. "To ask the Americans to assist will display our own weakness, and make us appear inept. It is better this is handled ourselves. The most effective means of doing this would be to tie 42 to a tree with a large sign nearby, declaring who she is and where she is. She will be a functional set of live bait with any luck." The girl's Japanese was grating to listen to, but the last thing they needed was to offend the host who so obviously was untouchable in her own domain. "Unless 42 feels like a more hands-on approach to remove the stain she's placed on her own honor in removing these groups herself?"
Samurai.jpg
be5de95c33d1a56e13b8e60759defc0f.jpg

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Time: 0443

Operation Banhammer briefing

1653431987920.png
Twenty-two men and women sat patiently within the confines of a large conference room, each and every one deathly quiet as they waited for the Officer who would oversee briefing and information about the mission they were about to take part in. Of course, this wasn’t the first official briefing, as it was the morning of the operation. Each man and woman here was required to memorize a document containing information about this two weeks ago, handed down directly from Ms. Adler to give them plenty of time for the heads of each team to refine which strategies each team would utilize to complete the overall mission. For now, all twenty-two operatives were in their base fatigues, reading over the documents they had been handed down as well as what they themselves had compiled.

Everything from the briefing itself to the most base habits of the targets were documented after painstaking measures from other operations teams were compiled, organized, and formatted to give the field operations teams the highest chance of success in the endeavor they were to undertake. Even some of the Field Operations teams themselves had taken part in the reconnaissance and research of the organization “Leash;” Among their other activities, the organization was known to be trafficking human assets with criminal intent, which Adler had obviously taken quite an offense to. This was an opportunity for Chronos to establish itself against villain activity within the area, and she was going to use the Field Ops team to do so.

“Good morning, Team,” came the monotone voice of a man as the door in the southwest portion of the room opened. Immediately the field and spec-ops teams snapped to attention, echoing the man’s well-wishing before they had seated themselves once more.

He was, in a word, quite the gruff individual. Easily in his fifties, the officer that had made himself known was rough in his visage, the wrinkles of war and conflict etched like an epoch of its own that any could – and couldn’t help but to – read whenever they beheld him. He was completely bald, polished in the effort save the stubble on his chin, which even then was groomed below the chin to give the already chiseled appearance of his jaw just that much more of an edge to frame his face. More than a couple scars could be seen, below the eyes and above the brow, as well as those that littered his arms below the high cuffs of his sleeves just below his elbows. He stood no more than a diminutive five feet, though he seemed to be the only man in the world who could have such a colossal presence whenever he walked into any room he had seen fit to intimidate without any real effort.

“The past two weeks, along with the documents you had been given from Command, you have been tasked with collecting more information on the ground,” he continued, the gravel of his basso voice clear as a klaxon as it rang in the room. With a simple gesture, the hum of electricity made itself known as a projector kicked itself on and the lights went out, the only illumination in the room being the light that shone information and depictions on the board behind him. “With the information gathered, Command has decided that you’ve gathered sufficient evidence and have had the time necessary to begin Operation Banhammer. Teams Iron, Roughneck, Troll, and Thumper are to take unmarked, armored vehicles into the operation area – a small warehouse offshore and initiate contact with hostile forces of Leash to secure civilians, VIPs, and Evidence of Leash operations. You will all use various routes to ensure that you don’t give away your cover until Contact.

“Roughneck and Thumper will begin with less-than-lethal dispersion of gas to cause chaos, however you see fit, and sort hostiles from civilian assets, and engage. Team Iron will be on standby until initial contact to set up area suppression measures which have been afforded to you and as you rejoin Contact, you will infiltrate the warehouse by any backdoors that give the most advantage. Two members of Iron will split from the main team to take the rooftop and offer support through skylights and support your own team as well as Thumper.

“Troll, as you know, will be in charge of evacuating civilians until Iron begins infiltration of the building and rejoin them with support of Roughneck and Thumper. Eliminate all hostiles, evacuate civilians, and secure the kidnapped VIPs for exfil via air assets. How you find and secure them is entirely up to you.

“Your mission time to complete is less than five minutes,” the man finished, then cleared his throat as the projector cycled through to the two that were not part of Field Operations division. “Horcrux and Halo will be supporting with overwatch and field presence should you run over mission time, and Horcrux will remain with one team lead among you once operations have been carried out to further examine and contain useful evidence of Leash’s operations. Horcrux already has an idea about how she and the remaining Field Ops lead will exfil, so they’ll discuss that among themselves.

“Any questions?”

Time: 1400

There was a certain kind of way that anyone who had served in conflict - specifically those who were in convoys drove, and depending on which type you were, you were either an asshole, or you were one of those types that people just didn’t notice on the road. That wasn’t to say you were always getting rear-ended or T-boned at every stop and junction, but you blended in extremely well with traffic. You didn’t make mistakes, your speed was better than if it was set on cruise control, and your turns and stops were more ghostly than anything. The drivers, in this instance, were chosen for exactly that. Yes, even the task of driving was selected rigorously, due to the nature of the current mission due to the sensitivity of the mission and the amount of time to carry it out. Normally, operations were carried out over the course of an hour at the least, but for those who worked for Ms. Adler were expected to complete tasks in impossible timeframes – for them, the impossible was almost literally a bar trick.

So it should have come as no surprise to anyone when the operation started in orchestrated chaos as the convoy crossed the bridge leading to the warehouse and began circling it. Rotary grenade launchers belched out thuds and chemical fog (effectively a smokescreen) which mixed with the burning rubber of tires as each vehicle drifted around the proximity of the warehouse. Of course, they were careful to keep a certain distance so as to corral potential targets rather than run over innocent civilians, and compounding the gas’s quick spread with the breeze coming from the convoy would ensure that the gasses engulfed the area entirely. As far as they were aware, no one inside the gas’s area would be able to see team Iron being dumped out of their moving convoys one by one at specific locations – the very corners of the operation area – and spiking what looked like a rail into the cement.

What it did for them was simple – any transmissions that weren’t on Chronos-specific encrypted channels wouldn’t be able to get in or out of the area, and from the outside, it projected a false image that even suppressed sound from escaping, effectively looking like nothing was happening within their own little world. For the next five minutes, they’d be ensuring to the best of their ability that no one would get in their way.

Naturally that also meant that no one was getting over the bridge. The op was perfect for this, as what had been a lowered bridge was suddenly lifting to cut traffic off from it. Anyone with common sense knew that each team had at least one nerd, one doc, and two nutcases, and in this case, it was Thumper’s that took it over. That didn’t mean it was easy, considering he was currently in a moving, jostling vehicle (and that never made typing easy to start with, whether it was on a laptop or a small, wrist-mounted device), but Thumper’s nerd didn’t expect the two psychos having the time of their life drifting a heavy sedan to understand how hard it was to execute cyberwarfare programs while you’re all but falling over yourself in the back.

No operation was complete without overwatch, either. That’s where Horcrux and Halo came in. This wasn’t their first rodeo by a longshot, and as they were more comfortable as solo operatives, their positions were likely the furthest thing from each other that they could manage. Both had set up shop in construction buildings that were opposing the warehouse from both sides at an oblique angle. From their positions, they could see just about everything that was going on outside of the warehouse through the smoke that Thumper, Iron, Troll, and Roughneck had laid thick on the field thanks to the scopes and helmet equipment they had. For others, it’d be impossible to use tech to seek out thermals and electronic signals in the smog, but the Madam made sure they had what they needed to counter the problem. They’d be ready to feed the ground team information and take out called targets in their sector the moment they were called out.

Hell, if this went well enough, they wouldn’t need the five minutes.

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Deathkitten Deathkitten

Blessed Death

Carmen glanced at the assembled group, expression neutral and somewhat bored at the interaction going on before her, going so far as to check a small pocket watch that she produced from her breast pocket. "I think this would be considered record time in most aspects," she muttered to herself, glancing at her shoulder as the shadow gave her a somewhat condescending little pat. "I will not decline a meal to catch up, I suppose. My schedule is otherwise empty this afternoon, lest something else needs my attention. Though unfortunately, where I travel, the Poltergeist comes with. You'll have to endure him for a while longer still, in such a case."

Carmen quirked a brow as Tessa otherwise butchered the creature, something she didn't quite exact out of Grave Speaker of all people. "Imitation is the finest form of flattery, Grave Speaker. Though the technique has something to be desired." Carmen took a moment to examine the after-effect of the creature being 'destroyed'. "The creature and Raith may have their fill. Unfortunately, Magnus is vegan. Dear Poltergeist, I'll assist you in acquiring something more suitable for your tastes later on."
a72c1b540ff2ed35b4620b5356528c11.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Djinni Djinni

Jade Callahan

With Ariah out of the house, Jade was deprived of her one physical contact and form of interaction she could have in the house, outside of basic droids. However, none of her models could compare to either of the A.I siblings she had grown accustomed to spending time with. They weren't thrilling conversation partners, and while she admitted that yes they were cute...they were cute like children to her, given the fact she either designed them, constructed them, or were created off her father's schematics. She had board meetings lined up for today, but those were taken care of much more expeditiously than she had anticipated. This, unfortunately, meant that she was home alone, as always. Jade was lounged across the couch on her stomach, one cheek on a cushion as she stared at the 120 inch T.V. that was currently playing national geographic on an expedition of the amazon rain forest. A gilded cage she lived in, for certain. Every modern amenity and comfort she could desire, so long as it could be routinely cleaned and thoroughly at that. Even with Mia suddenly arriving and flopping onto the couch she still had plenty of room before she'd be on Jade's personal space, the redhead dressed in her same outfit as always, a pair of white socks on rather than any set of shoes.

"Hey, Mia," she mumbled, staring at the television set with a soft huff. She glanced over her shoulder towards Mia, and then back to the T.V. "Maybe in a lil bit? Sorry, I'm just...Lil down right now, it'd be hard to focus on technomancy. Sorry, I didn't expect company...I put this on, even though it depresses the shit out of me. But it's so beautiful...what do ya figure it's like, in a jungle? I hear it's humid."
097a5119b03f31d6df1168f8d305e2df.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Orpheus body twitched and spasmed as the blue ceruluem dripped from his body. OUtside the destroyed building was already two all black cars with his employees waiting for him. Seeing his appearance they tensed up and began quickly moving. One grabbing a strange large metal briefcase as the other one kicked open the trunk and took out a canister of the glowing blue liquid. "Mr. Axiom, please bring him over here!" one of the employees asked him as they were already setting up the first aid station to begin repairs on Orpheus Magitek chassis. This was quite common now to them. Though Orpheus could be considered a master swordsman, he did little ever to protect his body, no it would be more accurate to say he would not have reached his level of skill if he had to care about protecting his body, this had become much a well oiled routine for them. Orpheus turned to them and looked calmly, even to him this had become normal
Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Stricken Steel Stricken Steel
PROJECT NEXUS

"Oh, This looks like a damn scene from Men in Black or somethin' like that." Nexus spoke aloud, watching the vehicles pull up quickly. "But, I guess you could say he needs a hand, huh?" He attempted to joke, even detaching his own left-arm for a short moment.
"How do you even survive something like that?" He wondered to himself, recalling the sample of blue oozing liquid.
"Hey Mister Skeleton-guy-man, whatever, Mind telling me whats that stuff thats oozing out of you? It sure as hell ain't Kool-Aide or blood." Nexus asked, approaching them as the man watched them.

Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Amplifier

'Fucking hell there just had to be heroes,' Amp mused while seething with quiet fury. Prior to Lady Death's apparition he had originally ventured to "relieve" some of the clutter left behind by the deceased...in other words loot the house. Hunger pains from Amp's continued unemployment had left his funds abysmal for the past month, proving an absence of morals in favor of survival. Existing previously on measly pickpocketed cash, an empty house sounded like paradise...before becoming hell. Dark locks of hair frame a steely gaze as he reasons the best way to progress into the house, 'If I don't act soon the house will get closed off for the murder case...I don't have enough energy to float over or scale a nearby house like Death...Climb the fence? Climb the fence." Steading his resolve Amp quietly boosted himself over the backyard fence separating the properties before falling in the backyard, his stamina weakened by hunger. "Alright...not too bad," He stated in a low whisper a nearby open window granting entry into the house. Any efforts for stealth and secrecy were promptly forgotten in favor of a mad dash to the kitchen. Shoveling food from the fridge he immediately began to think with greater clarity and between bites he sighed and mentally groaned, 'So turns out I've reached a new low. Alright I guess now I'm a goddamn grave robber.'

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Osuka Osuka

Last edited:
Morgan Adler

Morgan passed a glance towards Dietrich on the way into the building at his input to her little game of trivia, an approving little nod to confirm his thoughts. He was correct, he always was rather clever with tactics and human interaction. If Kali wasn't put down like the animal she was, she'd ensure that the woman spent her entire life knowing the suffering she caused, and suffering regret for it. There was more than one way to achieve her goals, after all. Once inside, Morgan's hand once again found the crook of Dietrichs arm and wrapped her fingers about it, keeping him well within arms reach at all times. Granted, based on their appearances, he could just as easily be mistaken for a significant other or a chaperone perhaps....whatever appearances may have been, she was simply content to keep a grip on her companion, for now.

Gray eyes regarded the inner workings of Tristan Industries, the entire area bustling with energy and moving as quickly as possible to get work done...as much work as possible, as in little time as possible. Once 'assistant' introduced herself, Morgan's gaze had settled on her to convey her request, that all too steely gaze boring into her, and then secretary upon her arrival. "We thank you for the accommodation, the both of you." Morgan took the lead behind secretary, somewhat tugging Dietrich along as she moved, her grip firm enough so he wouldn't somehow get lost in the ocean of workers, but loose enough not to be seen as condescending or controlling of his person.

Morgan was uncomfortably silent during the elevator ride down, not even bothering to attempt to host small talk or conversation with either party as she kept her attention forward, her free hand in her pocket and stance relaxed. Once they 'touched down' in the workshop she followed after Secretary once again as she tugged Dietrich along, eyes scanning the half-finished projects. However, her gaze suddenly settled on Panzer, Morgan's brain hitting a full pause for but a few moments. It wasn't unexpected that the sister would be present, it was a high likelihood after all, she had accounted for such a possibility...however, it was an inconvenience all the same. Seeing both Sherm and Avro working on his armor all but confirmed her suspicions...the brother didn't know. Or at least, he was so foolheartedly that he didn't care. Granted, that was infinitesimally unlikely given his personality and beliefs, which made it a safe belief that he simply did not know.

Morgan's gaze focused on Kali for only a few moments before it shifted to Sherm, the redhead giving a polite nod to him as she settled onto the couch. "Of course, Mister Tristan. If you prefer, I can hold my meeting prompts for now." Attention settled then on Avro, that uncomfortably intense stare on her. Morgan, such an unassuming-looking woman, had such an intense gaze, especially given her age. Like she knew far much than she should, and far more than someone may like. Like clockwork, Avro came over to give a handshake and be friendly. It fit her personality profile, attempting to be personable. And given what the meeting was intended for...names would be acceptable. "Morgan, a pleasure to make your acquaintance Miss Hawker." Morgan said what she meant, after all, and for once she was willing to say quite genuinely that she was pleased with meeting someone. Morgan's attention was solely on two people. As for Panzer? She was entirely ignored and disregarded. She was not worth her attention, let alone her words and greeting. "I assure you, this is good a fairly good reason and cause that you will be quite supportive of, Miss Hawker. Though, if it is simply preferable, I am content to wait for privacy if you desire." Morgan didn't really care if Kali was present for the discussion, as she expected she could work through the awkwardness. However, it'd be far more efficient if she was not present, but she would grant them the choice. Morgan's eyes focused on Avro's before she gave Dietrich's arm a gentle squeeze before she released it, ever the picture of calm.
51X2BJXBzA-L.png

Deathkitten Deathkitten Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Eternox looked at the book, and then nodded "thank you. The debt I owe you can't be described with numbers" he stated before he focused his energy on running to Vionas location.

Viona laid on her back looking at the sky. the ground beneath her a large patch of wilted flowers. She was in a park she had always wanted to go to. Taking a deep breath she sighed. "What the hell are you doing Viona" she mumbled to herself. She was out of her armor, the alarms probably went off, dad and mom were probably freaking out. She grabbed some of the wilted flowers looking at them, sighing as they were carried away by the wind. The scientists were probably worried as well, she stole Marks car... he was big nerd but he always brought video games and comic books for her when he finished with them. He even taught her how to play DnD, Melissa was nice too, she taught her how to braid hair, how to put makeup on, even various girl things, Then there was Megan who helped her learn how to cook.... The triplets Mykael Michael and Mikel, one of them was a girl but she still never figured out which one was. She could call the scientists her family really. But....she could never really touch them, behind hazmat suits, or cold metal.... but...if she took this deal, she could. Viona looked at the card still and stared at the name..... this would be a deal worse than a demon....Should she really take it, did she have any other choice?

Arenike gulped seeing that display of raw strength, "QUickly get into the car" she ordered jumping into the driver seat and turning the car on, slamming down on the gas barreling down the street. "my car....its not even paid off yet" megan said weakly watching
ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving Deathkitten Deathkitten

catherine.jpegAbigail and Catherine
Catherine smiled sweetly and sat gently on the couch, settling in beside her granddaughter. She looked so petite and very similar to Abigail. Catherine chuckled, the sound musical, "Oh of course. I'd expect no less. Abby mentioned possibly babysitting for you guys at some point down the line - I can only imagine how rough it must be to have a small child and have police work to do. Questions are only natural. Not to mention the fact that I'm your darling new apprentice's ward."

"Anyway, as for your question. I don't work. Not anymore. I haven't done 'work' in a couple of decades. I spend my time doing all manner of random things. I have a garden I tend to, a forest on one side of my house - I live a little out of the way, but have a... connection to my house nearby here, actually. It's how I got here so quickly. I had those set up by a spatial elemental that owed me a favor a while back, so I wouldn't have to be bothered by the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles but could still be close enough to enjoy the amenities," she explained with a soft sigh, "I only have three doors like that, though, and they're all locked for safety."

"I learned my lesson about locking those kinds of things a long time ago. When I lived in New Orleans back in the day, oh it was probably around the great depression, I lived next to a crossroads. Made decent friends with a crossroads demon, but that man - he never respected boundaries. One day I found him in my house, messing about my important closet because I didn't lock the closet up safe. Now, I don't lock the door to the garden, usually, but everything else? Locked up tight. I don't need another instance of somebody deciding they have access to my personal stuff. I also have to make sure stuff is safe for Abby. There's lots she doesn't know about yet, she's still so young, so I have to be cautious and aware," She crossed one leg over the other, shrugging, "I have spent a lot of time lately trying to get back into music. I used to belong to a band, but that was way back in New Orleans as well. Way before Abby and her mother was even a twinkle in my eye. I have the same power as Abby, but hers is naturally a bit stronger than mine."

"What about you two? What sort of specialties do you have in the force?"

Sylvia let out a laugh, "Oh boy you're definitely a grandmother, even if you don't look it. I feel like you'd talk my ear off if I gave you the chance." Catherine just grinned at that, and Sylvia wandered back over to the kitchen, "I'm gonna get everyone a refill. Adam honey, feel free to explain what I do, too."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Selene.pngUCLA
Selene smiled at the two women, "Thanks."

"No problem!" Selena pat her on the head, "If you don't wanna race either, that's fine too. I'll still buy you a milkshake - assuming your dad says its okay."

She nodded, "Thank you. Dad, we should just go, I think. I wanna tell Father Anderson about this... and you said you still need to talk to him. I'm okay. I was just really surprised... I'm still really surprised. I need time to think about this. And uh... I don't think you're very good at the religious thing." Selene giggled, smiling up at him, "No offense, but it's hard to take it seriously when you sound confused while you're saying it."

Dr. Böhmer snapped out of the conversation he was still having with the students, "Oh! Vu are heating out? Zomas I vant to talk to vu und your daughder akain in briffate pefore vu leaffe. It is apout her bover und your berzonal zituazion. Schtutents! Zank vu for coming. I am zorry zere vas not time for gueszions like I zought zere vould pe, put zis vas ein kood Hexamble of tesding for Hapilities. I vill try to schetule ein time vith Zomas for him to come und giffe ein broper talk to mein clazes. Mary, I vant vu to come vith us. Come here." He led them again away into his office after waving off the other students. Selena looked a little concerned, putting her weight from one foot to the other without even thinking about it, like she had to move.

"I'll catch up with you later, Mary. Text me?" she said, waving and leaving with the others reluctantly.

The doctor put his hand on Thomas's shoulder and looked to Mary, and then to Tabby, and back to Mary, "Mary, I trust vu. Zomas is ein kood friend of mine, und one vo has peen blaced into ein fery difficult zituazion. Vu are ein child of righteous falues, und I know vu vould zee zee vrong in zis." He explained in short form what he understood of what was going on with Thomas and Juliet to her, and turned to Thomas, "Zomas, sche is zee sbeedster zat I menzioned priefly. Now, mein concern is vat zee koffernment may do once zey learn of Zelene's Hapility. It is ein schtrong zing, vith ein lot of botendial. Und if zey are cruel to vu und your vife, zen I do not zee vy zey vouldn't grab Zelene as vell und train her for zee military."

Chutes.jpgChutes
Chutes laughed as he fell along with her, getting yanked onto the ice. He grinned, tail drooping a little as disappointment flashed on his face, but he got over it in the same moment, "That's too bad, but alright. I wouldn't mind considering you a friend." He pat her leg and stood back up, putting his hands on his hips, "Honestly that takes so much pressure off my shoulders. Trying to figure out how to please the murder hobo in your head was giving me anxiety."

His tail flicked back and forth excitedly, having accepted that he was rejected, and now just pleased he had a new friend, "This was fun. Given how busy you are though, would you like to head back soon? I'm not sure I'd be willing to help with anything though - since it has to do with gods and stuff, I try to stay out of their business. Not to mention, if they're clever enough to bind Yahweh, I really don't wanna risk being bound. I already have two pieces of myself bound. I'm just lucky those two pieces aren't in the hands of evil people. That saaaaaid... if you're my friend now... I could try to convince a part of myself to help. Her name is Vice."

robert dantif.jpgRobert Dantif
Robert sighed, “Yes well, you’re modeled after the human mind. You’re just… oh, I don’t want to say better… but I’m biased. I think you two are wonderful and amazing and far better than other people. Your lack of interest in sex is a weight off my shoulders. I'm constantly concerned Mia will do something stupid on a whim with her curiosity. Your measurements sound about right. Nice speed. Would've preferred it to be .25 or under, though. Thankfully, climate issues are not my forte, or else I'd really get no sleep at all."

He took down some notes into his tablet and gave a 'hm' of thought, "Oh, by the way, thank you for running a quick check on that woman I asked about. Our date went really well. I think I'd actually like to see her again. She was very cordial and polite, and even though she has little interest in the fields of science I focus on, she listened and asked questions. I'm cautiously optimistic. I worry it's not genuine, though. I mean... how many times have I tried to have a date, only to find out they're part of X group that's trying to get in my good graces - or even some that are trying to have me killed?"

Mia.pngMia
Mia hefted herself back up and looked at the television and jungle on the screen. She watched the plants move and the creatures forage for a long moment, silently contemplating. Her eyes moved back to Jade, and she just as quietly scanned her body to get her measurements. Mia got up and moved over to Jade. She pulled Jade into a tight hug, burrowing her face against her friend’s shoulder and neck.

“I promise I’ll help make it so you can go outside,” Mia said, pulling back enough so she could cup both of Jade’s cheeks, “You’re my best friend and so important to me. I love you. I’ll make sure your wishes come true.”

Avro Hawker.pngAvro
“Please, just call me Avro,” she responded, eyeing Morgan with a bit of distrust. She had a bad feeling about this… Also, Morgan had addressed her and Sherm but… not Panzer? That was odd. Kali was a popular hero. Did this Morgan woman dislike Kali? Well, Avro could certainly understand why, but most people didn’t know what she knew.

A finger went to her lips, curling as she looked over at Panzer to try to think of what she could want and why she’d dislike Kali. Hm.

Avro shook her head, “Sorry. Ah, yes. No privacy needed. Panzer would no doubt find out about whatever it is in time, and this area is just for Sherm and I. A personal lab… and repair shop, whenever Panzer gets her way.” She was still distracted, watching Panzer and Sherm, as well as the two guests, thinking.

Could Morgan know something about Panzer? She was violent… but, actually Avro realized she didn’t know the extent of Panzer’s crimes. She murdered her, and… how many other people had she killed? Villains, yes, but… oh my. That was an unpleasant realization. Hopefully she was the only civilian Panzer had killed. At least villains could be argued to be purposeful deaths. Why else wouldn’t she say hello to Panzer too? Why else wouldn’t they be fans of her?

Avro pinched between her fingers slyly. She was being ridiculous. She was too worried. Even if that WAS the case, what would it have to do with them? She was here for Sherm’s expertise. Stop panicking. Avro took a deep breath, shaking out her hands, “Sorry. Sorry. Dying has done some… interesting things to my anxiety. Doesn’t help that I’m too smart for my own good. Kind of a cyclical problem.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Kyrenka Kyrenka Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
jewel.pngJewel
“Yeah yeah yeah. I’ll have you pay for it in work or something. Look, you have a kid. I can’t have one, myself. So I’m gonna damn well make sure you can at least hug yours to make her feel better,” Jewel said in his mind, silently cursing herself for sharing too much. It was true though. No matter how much they had tried, she hadn’t been able to conceive. That was a good reminder. She needed to make a note to call that fertility clinic later…

“Anyway. I care about kids, including your brat, even if I don’t know her. I don’t know what got her so upset she’s being stupid about it, but hey that’s kinda what kids do,” she added, slightly changing topics, “I’m gonna get totally yelled at for doing this later but since ya ran off so fast I couldn’t think of another good solution. Jupiter’s good at civilian stuff. Better than me at it. Civs don’t like to listen to me.”

“Anyway I’m gonna be quiet now. Just enjoy some time with her. I’ll research a charm or something later for you, but no promises.”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon

Last edited:
magnus.jpgMagnus
Magnus rolled his eyes at the comment of her being stuck with him, “More like me being stuck with you, brat. Remember which one of us is older, yeah?”

He grimaced as he watched the ferret creature bolt toward the offered energy as soon as it was given the green light. But at the mention of being vegan, he blushed, his ghostly face turning a nice shade of rosé despite no blood. “Hey!” he snapped, floating in front of Carmen, “Don’t call me a vegan! That sounds so weird! I’m not… I mean… Damn it just don’t call it that! I just don’t think it’s… for me.”

Magnus folded his arms with a childish huff and turned over in the air to look at Grave Speaker, “I am doing this job to atone for what I had done in the past when I wasn’t in control of myself. Benefiting from destruction while on the job feels wrong to me because of that. It’s not so simple as just my ‘tastes’. That said I am not opposed to others partaking. Now then. Shall we continue? What are we going to do with this two dozen or so soul party?”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles Djinni Djinni

Last edited:
ada.jpgAda
“It shouldn’t be on me to approach you about something like this…,” Ada whispered, sniffling, “And how is waiting until I’m fifteen to tell me something like this better? I…” She sighed, squeezing her pillow like she was trying to strangle it, “I am so angry at you right now that I don’t have words for how I’m feeling. But I don’t hate you or something. I know I’m your daughter. And I know you love me. And I love you. I just… I’m so upset. Today has been absolutely horrible.”

Ada let herself lean against her dad, hiccups settling but tears still flowing steadily, “Why didn’t you tell me? I asked you what happened to my mother before and… well you lied. Now I know it’s a lie. And I know you must have lied to avoid talking about it with me. Who were my biological father and mother? Was it the type of job where they deserved to die or were they nice people that got mixed up in the wrong crowd? Was it… quick? Or did it involve torture? How did they die? Who were they? Did… I have any older siblings…? Or extended family? Did anyone mourn or miss me at all?”

“Hah… that’s a lot of questions. I’m sorry. My head is spinning. You remember everything about me, but I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t remember everything about that mission anymore. Maybe… I mean… if you don’t then maybe we can look at the reports and stuff together? I just… I want to know if they suffered and… god I don’t even know. I want to know everything and I feel so emotional about it. I hate this.”

Last edited:
lydia-qx-qq-20160913123617-png.969550
AXIOM

"Yes sir." Axiom rushes Oprheus over to his employees to fix his damages. He surveyed the damages Orpheus had sustained and it really did look bad. He wasn't expecting the man be part automaton, though it wouldn't be the first time he'd been surprised by a revelation like that. What he wasn't expecting however was Orpheus being made of magitech. Axiom had fought against and fought with some individuals who either wielded or were made up of such technology. Though he was never too fond of magic given how difficult it was for him to counter in some instances, he was always intrigued by the machinations of it. "Don't stress about losing Spear, sir. We'll get him soon enough, I know it. Thanks to you, we were able to save lives today. Had it just been me, well...It's not worth imagining, is it?" Axiom assured the injured man with a smile.
Cam E. Leon Cam E. Leon Stricken Steel Stricken Steel

Tessa Ledo

The shadow let out a mildly exaggerated sigh. "You're partners. It's only natural to expect you to go together. As far as your motives for not consuming energy from once-living things, you are far from the only spirit I know with such feelings. I can see about connecting you with others who can help provide therapy for such things. It is nice to see you being serious for once," she said, shrugging. "Concerning the wire, the imitation is in fact intentional. It has shown to be a highly efficient tool in your hands, and though the nature of my powers prevents the same level of precision as yours, it is still rather effective. Oh, and I destroyed it because it was never a living thing. Merely a mass of energy granted a small amount of sapience. To change it would be to destroy what it once was," Tessa explained while contemplating where to go. "There's a cafe I know of that has a lot of supers go there, so we shouldn't be fawned over too irritatingly much... or scared away, in my case. Should that catch your interests. I can acquire foodstuffs for you as well, Magnus, though I'm obligated to keep the both of you in the dark concerning its source. It is just like eating real food, including taste and texture."

As she began to turn to go up the stairs, she paused. "Oh. Yes. I don't know if you employ it in such a way, but I also use my wire as armor. It does remarkably well to protect me from spirits and magic overall. I may advise you do the same if you don't already, not to presume expertise on a subject you're wiser than myself about."
Deathkitten Deathkitten ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Last edited:
Chrysanthia Keaton.jpgChrysie
"You are so strange," Chrysie said, chuckling a little as she followed the blue line. She yawned and shrugged, "I don't know why you'd know such random facts about yaks, but it is pretty interesting I suppose. So... you live in Nepal? That's a bit far away from the states. How come you chose someone all the way over here? I'm sure there are many possible apprentices in Nepal, India, or China. And... if you don't mind me asking, how did you come to be in your position? Like, were you always a mage or did something happen that made you want to be one?"

It was a short walk to the restaurant, and she asked for a table for two, and given the awkward time of day, they got seated nearly immediately. Chrysie looked at the menu and chuckled again, "Oh boy. Well, I know what next to none of these are. How about you choose for us?"

(The menu of the actual restaurant if you want: Clorder )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back