• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
Oooh who do u have on your list? I’ve also been thinking about who could represent what card and came up with a few ideas.

• I’m not too sure on her but Isabelle might be able to work for Temperance?
  • Pit seems like he’d be a good fit for the sun
  • Sora might work well for the star
  • Peach has to either be the Empress or the Lovers lmao
  • To go along with that Bowser should probs be the emperor
  • Idk whether Sephiroth or Doom Guy would fit best for the Tower cus they both seem to fit the card’s memo of destruction and liberation
  • Captain Falcon could work pretty well for the Chariot
  • Pokey would be the Devil
  • Roxas would 100 percent be the hanged man

And that’s all my thoughts so far lmao
mine is more general based on the smash roster in its entirety and also heavily based on how persona represents them. these are some really great choices though and i can see them all applying!

this is my messy list:
  • fool - joker (typically tied to the protag in some manner)
  • magician - robin (tied heavily to magic. also very confident and willing to take the initiative)
  • priestess - zelda (wisdom and patience. also always female. need i say more)
  • empress - palutena (often tied with motherly figures who offer comfort and protection. seems fitting)
  • emperor - bowser (desire to control ones surroundings and struggling to acheive such. also personas are often represented as kings so adds to it)
  • hierophant - bayonetta (authority and relationship with "divine." typically an adult figure to the protag so fitting cuz she's joker's mom right lmao)
  • lovers - peach (popularity, cheerfulness, supportive. also peach having hearts in her attacks adds to this)
  • chariot - ike (heavily focused on phyiscal attacks. very driven and confident)
  • justice - marth (rationality, mature, helps others find peace. also heavily concerned with fairness)
  • hermit - inkling (joker is now dressing her up as futaba lmao. fr though inkling tends to do things behind the scene- especially as agent three- and hides herself from the public eye which embodies this one)
  • fortune - corrin (fate, opportunity, luck. all things that describe corrin's situation in their home games)
  • strength - ryu (physical based obviously and heavy focus on strength of ones body. legit any of the fighting game characters fit here but i chose ryu)
  • hanged man - snake (survivability. this was the main reason i felt snake fit plus he reminds me of iwai in p5 so felt fitting)
  • death - dr mario (deep change, regeneration, ties to death. a doctor is used to portray this in p5 as well so felt like it could apply here as well)
  • temperance - lucina (harmony, merging of opposites, finding balance. all things lucina seeks/experiences by traveling to the past to save her future)
  • devil - kazuya (selfish, violent, impulsive. yeah we all know kazuya's got some problems. plus devil gene)
  • tower - falco (arrogant. i think that alone is enough lmao)
  • star - rosalina (mother of the lumas. how could i not? but fr hope, peace, genoristy are all traits she has)
  • moon - ness (troubles accepting himself for who he is- given he struggles with his chosen role at times- but also creative, follows dreams)
  • sun - lucas (optimism, joy, happiness. finds self in terrible situation, but pushes through)
  • judgement - shulk (understands life deeply and has a high feeling of acceptance. literally decides to free his world from the power of gods so all can live in peace instead of becoming a god himself)
  • faith - pit (belief in oneself or others. ties to religion, in this case, palutena)
  • hope - sora & kirby (pure sunshine energy, but also can mean the reverse which both of them have experienced)
  • world - all smash bros (pretty straight forward. everyone's bond put into one arcana)

mine is more general based on the smash roster in its entirety and also heavily based on how persona represents them. these are some really great choices though and i can see them all applying!

this is my messy list:
  • fool - joker (typically tied to the protag in some manner)
  • magician - robin (tied heavily to magic. also very confident and willing to take the initiative)
  • priestess - zelda (wisdom and patience. also always female. need i say more)
  • empress - palutena (often tied with motherly figures who offer comfort and protection. seems fitting)
  • emperor - bowser (desire to control ones surroundings and struggling to acheive such. also personas are often represented as kings so adds to it)
  • hierophant - bayonetta (authority and relationship with "divine." typically an adult figure to the protag so fitting cuz she's joker's mom right lmao)
  • lovers - peach (popularity, cheerfulness, supportive. also peach having hearts in her attacks adds to this)
  • chariot - ike (heavily focused on phyiscal attacks. very driven and confident)
  • justice - marth (rationality, mature, helps others find peace. also heavily concerned with fairness)
  • hermit - inkling (joker is now dressing her up as futaba lmao. fr though inkling tends to do things behind the scene- especially as agent three- and hides herself from the public eye which embodies this one)
  • fortune - corrin (fate, opportunity, luck. all things that describe corrin's situation in their home games)
  • strength - ryu (physical based obviously and heavy focus on strength of ones body. legit any of the fighting game characters fit here but i chose ryu)
  • hanged man - snake (survivability. this was the main reason i felt snake fit plus he reminds me of iwai in p5 so felt fitting)
  • death - dr mario (deep change, regeneration, ties to death. a doctor is used to portray this in p5 as well so felt like it could apply here as well)
  • temperance - lucina (harmony, merging of opposites, finding balance. all things lucina seeks/experiences by traveling to the past to save her future)
  • devil - kazuya (selfish, violent, impulsive. yeah we all know kazuya's got some problems. plus devil gene)
  • tower - falco (arrogant. i think that alone is enough lmao)
  • star - rosalina (mother of the lumas. how could i not? but fr hope, peace, genoristy are all traits she has)
  • moon - ness (troubles accepting himself for who he is- given he struggles with his chosen role at times- but also creative, follows dreams)
  • sun - lucas (optimism, joy, happiness. finds self in terrible situation, but pushes through)
  • judgement - shulk (understands life deeply and has a high feeling of acceptance. literally decides to free his world from the power of gods so all can live in peace instead of becoming a god himself)
  • faith - pit (belief in oneself or others. ties to religion, in this case, palutena)
  • hope - sora & kirby (pure sunshine energy, but also can mean the reverse which both of them have experienced)
  • world - all smash bros (pretty straight forward. everyone's bond put into one arcana)
dgdishfowvfif damnnn your list is really well thought out and all of your choices fits the characters super well! Ehdosbf I had trouble thinking what Inkling would be but the hermit fits super well Brb gonna go maybe draw her as the card

dgdishfowvfif damnnn your list is really well thought out and all of your choices fits the characters super well! Ehdosbf I had trouble thinking what Inkling would be but the hermit fits super well Brb gonna go maybe draw her as the card
oh you're too kind!!! i'm just a huge persona nerd who has worked with these arcanas way more than i'd like to admit because of an oc thing my friend and i did lmao. i'm glad i could find inkling a place. now she is truly futaba joker's brotherly instincts gonna kick in hard now protecting her

every time joker gains a new confidant we're just gonna be hearing this song go off along with the whole "i am thou, thou art i" speech that goes with it

Everyone gains their own Persona in this RP. In the old RP we had a lot of Pokemon RPers, and they tended to bond with a single Smash Brother. Personas and Pokemon partners!

Sorry for the accidental post for Samus - I believe I missclicked.

Not ready yet, but still working on it though!

Everyone gains their own Persona in this RP. In the old RP we had a lot of Pokemon RPers, and they tended to bond with a single Smash Brother. Personas and Pokemon partners!
lmao i don't think we'd want everyone with a persona. generally not everyone can summon a persona (even as a confidant) and most actually provide the wildcard (in our case, joker) with a greater power since he would be able to obtain new personas. unfortunately for mr. joker i am not allowing him to have his wildcard ability so he only has arsene otherwise he'd basically cover his own weaknesses and be an unstoppable force. i may allow him to break his shackles on arsene later and have satanael but rn he does not deserve nor need a demon lord persona

on another note my brain told me to pull out the ol' persona assets and art i did like a year ago and throw this mockup together i may or may not have every smash character drawn in this style
hermitarcana.png

lmao i don't think we'd want everyone with a persona. generally not everyone can summon a persona (even as a confidant) and most actually provide the wildcard (in our case, joker) with a greater power since he would be able to obtain new personas. unfortunately for mr. joker i am not allowing him to have his wildcard ability so he only has arsene otherwise he'd basically cover his own weaknesses and be an unstoppable force. i may allow him to break his shackles on arsene later and have satanael but rn he does not deserve nor need a demon lord persona

on another note my brain told me to pull out the ol' persona assets and art i did like a year ago and throw this mockup together i may or may not have every smash character drawn in this style
hermitarcana.png
Adkgds that looks so cool!

I wasn't serious with the whole Persona thing lol

I don't play the games and I wouldn't know how to handle such a thing in RP!

Adkgds that looks so cool!
ahhhhh ty! i legit have like 100+ characters drawn in this style from last year they could use a major touchup and all but given the project took me months and so many tears, i cannot be asked lmao

ahhhhh ty! i legit have like 100+ characters drawn in this style from last year they could use a major touchup and all but given the project took me months and so many tears, i cannot be asked lmao
Dude that’s amazing I love the style to be honest and I understand all the hard work and love goes into each piece.

I wasn't serious with the whole Persona thing lol

I don't play the games and I wouldn't know how to handle such a thing in RP!
lmao understandable. honestly managing joker can be a real hassle because balancing a persona's strength exists that's why i never give him his wildcard ability though it's a major part of how he fights we doing the arsene only run out here
Dude that’s amazing I love the style to be honest and I understand all the hard work and love goes into each piece.
the style is so much fun to draw in and it was a blast though hoo boy it was a lot
Excuse me WHAT~ A 100+???
mmm yes. 108 for the smash project i did to be exact. every character+the alts (like koopalings, alph, etc). i didn't even do miis yet i had to do that many. i did a few other characters in the style too beyond this so yeah. lots of art was done in the p5 style

i'll share a little tidbit of the ones i did since this is a banner of my own mains. these were some of the first ones i did, minus joker because i made the late decision to make him his own rather than have his backfacing one from p5
1500x500

i actually have them all done since i did this last year and finished a couple weeks after sora was put into smash. lemme go find the full thing even though i do think there are some big flaws with it

i will never commit to anything like this again, but heyo here we are i spent so many hours in camera mode in game staring at the characters and trying to draw them as accurately as i could
FA9bwIaVEAgP47Z

thank you all for the kind comments. i really appreciate them very much!

but yeah if that doesn't prove i am a persona nerd, idk what does lmao

Speaking of persona it seems PlayStation store is having a sale and persona 5 is half the price. 👀

Here is Inkling as The Hermit!

D296A38A-7393-4D94-AC99-66ECAE09116A.png

Sufhaidhsofn Drawing this reminded me of why I hate drawing people in side view. You can see I ended up just giving up on giving her a mouth Cus all the mouths I attempted were all way too goofy looking lmao. But besides that this was pretty fun to draw 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back