• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
Byleth would definitely know it's BS and he may try to voice it once or twice, but he knows he's bad at expressing himself and getting those kinds of points across to people. He decides his way of expressing he believes Pit isn't dumb like he claims is by continuing to teach him and support him in such endeavors. It may be a small way of showing it, but it's the way Byleth knows how.

And hoo boy the laurel crown. Byleth finds out about it and decides to have his own little "discussion" god-to-god. He will use his "goddess" status for the betterment of others if he has to
The idea of Byleth holding a Parent-Teacher Conference with Palutena tickles me! I love the idea of Byleth catching Pit doing something such as picking up a Chozo Puzzle Box and casually solving it while talking to Samus; he pokes the buttons and turns the box while barely even looking at it!

It'd be funny if Kid Icarus 4 ever comes out and it has a scene of Pit reading something, and it's no big deal in the game because Pit being illiterate is something the English dub completely made up! Like, how would the English dub writers address that?

Lol Then Byleth teaches Sora how to count!
Fhsjfjskfsbd slightly unrelated that got me thinking about the different versions Hylian Alphabets and now Imagining all the hijinks where a fighter is trying to get one of the Zelda characters to translate some Hylian text only for them to take a look and be like “This looks nothing like my era’s alphabet” resulting a long process of trying to find the corresponding character that comes from the time period the text was created in 📖

Dbsjchskf and now I’m thinking about Toon, Zel, and Oot Link sitting in a circle and comparing the differences in their Hyrule’s languages
It was brought up briefly in the Brawl RP. Link and Zelda noticed that Toon Link's Hylian was different, but there were enough similarities that they could still communicate with each other. I like to think the differences in the Hylian language is why "my" Toon Link has an accent in RPs.

My Toon Link is quiet because he's self-conscious about his accent. Zelda actually catches him talking, hears his Irish accent, and finds it adorable! 8D

Last edited:
The idea of Byleth holding a Parent-Teacher Conference with Palutena tickles me! I love the idea of Byleth catching Pit doing something such as picking up a Chozo Puzzle Box and casually solving it while talking to Samus; he pokes the buttons and turns the box while barely even looking at it!

It'd be funny if Kid Icarus 4 ever comes out and it has a scene of Pit reading something, and it's no big deal in the game because Pit being illiterate is something the English dub completely made up!

Lol Then Byleth teaches Sora how to count!
Omg a Byleth and Palutena Parent-Teacher conference sounds so damn funny LMAO

And yes, Sora will learn to count. Byleth will make sure helps whatever fighters need help. Being a professor comes first, being a fighter comes second

I just wanted to say I enjoyed writing for Paula this time.

Ploegy Ploegy Your Joker post was a pleasure to read. ❤️ I don’t get why you are hard on yourself you always give it your all with your posts. You’re a great writer.

I just wanted to say I enjoyed writing for Paula this time.

Ploegy Ploegy Your Joker post was a pleasure to read. ❤️ I don’t get why you are hard on yourself you always give it your all with your posts. You’re a great writer.
I'm glad to hear you had fun writing for her! That's always nice to hear!

And thank you! I'm mostly hard on myself because well, I write a lot and I know sometimes people don't really like that and don't enjoy reading novels lmao. It's a silly thing, but it always worries me especially cuz I've had a lot of people straight up ditch me for writing longer posts But I really do appreciate to hear my writing is enjoyed me because I have so much writing for all my kiddos though clearly one lil thief gets a lot of favoritism

I'm glad to hear you had fun writing for her! That's always nice to hear!

And thank you! I'm mostly hard on myself because well, I write a lot and I know sometimes people don't really like that and don't enjoy reading novels lmao. It's a silly thing, but it always worries me especially cuz I've had a lot of people straight up ditch me for writing longer posts But I really do appreciate to hear my writing is enjoyed me because I have so much writing for all my kiddos though clearly one lil thief gets a lot of favoritism
Oh I know showing one character favoritism it’s me with Sephiroth I get it. Lol.

I think my favorite thing about this RP is how everyone's just embracing the world. No one's afraid to bring in critters from various games for NPCs, wildlife, or enemy encounters. I really love it!

I think my favorite thing about this RP is how everyone's just embracing the world. No one's afraid to bring in critters from various games for NPCs, wildlife, or enemy encounters. I really love it!
Speaking of critters, I might throw in some Monster Hunter elements sometime in the future if that's alright with you

Will it be alright if I have Sephiroth bring in a behemoth in the near future? I know it’s the toughest enemies but it seems like it fits Sephiroth.

Will it be alright if I have Sephiroth bring in a behemoth in the near future? I know it’s the toughest enemies but it seems like it fits Sephiroth.
Yeah, Final Fantasy creatures are fine too. I'd stick to the familiar, recurring ones like Chocobos, Bombs, Cactuar, and yes, Behemoths! I have plans of Final Fantasy monsters showing up in the RP.

I actually originally planned for Tonberrys to guard one of the Pillars, but with the whole point of them being OP and generally one-shotting characters, I couldn't figure out how to make them a genuine threat without making them broken.

If a Tonberry can't Doink! what's the point?

Does Seph need a Behemoth tho? Seems kinda odd unless he's always just wanted a pet

Yeah, Final Fantasy creatures are fine too. I'd stick to the familiar, recurring ones like Chocobos, Bombs, Cactuar, and yes, Behemoths! I have plans of Final Fantasy monsters showing up in the RP.

I actually originally planned for Tonberrys to guard one of the Pillars, but with the whole point of them being OP and generally one-shotting characters, I couldn't figure out how to make them a genuine threat without making them broken.

If a Tonberry can't Doink! what's the point?
My idea is for a full match for Sephiroth to summon a behemoth or maybe it’s roaming around wherever he is as a mid level boss. A lot of potential ideas.

Does Seph need a Behemoth tho? Seems kinda odd unless he's always just wanted a pet
Hmm true I like the idea of a behemoth just roaming around. They also could provide a challenge. Maybe just roaming where Seph is.. you can’t tame a behemoth.

I'm trying to vary stuff and pull from as many places as I can. My dumbass goes and looks through Nintendo enemies to pick and chose critters because a majority of the enemies/critters from my characters worlds aren't usually fit for the scenes I've had so far. I do have plans to have shadows from Persona and Heartless from KH show up at some point when I get the chance. Maybe I even toy around with various enemies from FE like corrupted/risen or demonic beasts at some point

I'm trying to vary stuff and pull from as many places as I can. My dumbass goes and looks through Nintendo enemies to pick and chose critters because a majority of the enemies/critters from my characters worlds aren't usually fit for the scenes I've had so far. I do have plans to have shadows from Persona and Heartless from KH show up at some point when I get the chance. Maybe I even toy around with various enemies from FE like corrupted/risen or demonic beasts at some point
We can tie them all to the Dark Dimension! The plot thickens again! 🙌

It was brought up briefly in the Brawl RP. Link and Zelda noticed that Toon Link's Hylian was different, but there were enough similarities that they could still communicate with each other. I like to think the differences in the Hylian language is why "my" Toon Link has an accent in RPs.

My Toon Link is quiet because he's self-conscious about his accent. Zelda actually catches him talking, hears his Irish accent, and finds it adorable! 8D
Awww it’d be so cute if Zelda went on to encourage him to take pride in his accent. And if any one talks smack about the way he speaks then Zelda will be sure to tell them off! 😤😤😤

Omg I’m absolutely in love with the incorporation of other Nintendo creatures and npc’s as well! It really helps further the idea that the Smash world is at its core a melting pot of all manners of Nintendo properties. Cgakfisof if I didn’t already have my hands full with four characters I would have totally wanted to throw in the towel for creating some kind of a villain (Knowing me it probably would have been something based on Sploon lmao, maybe a rambunctious gang of Salmonids that were roaming the land mad max style 🔥 🍳🍴)

Thanks for letting us know! I'll still keep Ridley and Mr. G&W on hand. There is no strict posting schedule; I poke people if there is at least two weeks of inactivity with no warning, so don't feel pressured. Definitely feel free to hang around the OOC thread!

Hoo boy I have a lot of this thread to read up on!
Okay great, just warning that I’m not most likely quoting the roleplay just taking a week or two too have the s for exams!

We can tie them all to the Dark Dimension! The plot thickens again! 🙌
The Dark Dimension?

Awww it’d be so cute if Zelda went on to encourage him to take pride in his accent. And if any one talks smack about the way he speaks then Zelda will be sure to tell them off! 😤😤😤

Omg I’m absolutely in love with the incorporation of other Nintendo creatures and npc’s as well! It really helps further the idea that the Smash world is at its core a melting pot of all manners of Nintendo properties. Cgakfisof if I didn’t already have my hands full with four characters I would have totally wanted to throw in the towel for creating some kind of a villain (Knowing me it probably would have been something based on Sploon lmao, maybe a rambunctious gang of Salmonids that were roaming the land mad max style 🔥 🍳🍴)
I'm gonna make the Joker, Inkling, Paula, Noctis & Prompto gang now fight Salmonids. Time to have them face the King of Salmonids himself, Cohozuna, or as I call him, Big Chungus

The Dark Dimension?
Yea, the Dark Realm!
dark_realm_fighters.png

Yea, the Dark Realm!
dark_realm_fighters.png
Oh, I didn't realize we were including that. But, I digress. I'll probably incorporate some before this is a thing tbh. I've already hinted at Mementos from P5 having some form within the Smash Realm now so shadows would likely be there as a result I still have no plans for how or when or where this even is, but hey I said it exists in a post so by god it exists LMAO

But for me incorporating them just takes the right setting/scene and with where my characters are at, they haven't fit so they don't exist yet lol

Time to have them face the King of Salmonids himself, Cohozuna, or as I call him, Big Chungus
1676948822444.gif

Fgskfhsk seriously omg that’d be so amazing!! And omg to spitball a few ideas it could even tie in how the smash realm’s having weird weather patterns and say that it’s causing their internal clocks for Salmon Run time to go haywire, leading to the ensuing shenanigans 🍣

Watch Paula yeets a Salmonid with her fry it pan
Dhakfhdk considering a big part of Salmonid culture is their fondness for using cooking utensils as weapons they might even appreciate someone sharing similar tastes in weaponry 🍴 🍳

Fgskfhsk seriously omg that’d be so amazing!! And omg to spitball a few ideas it could even tie in how the smash realm’s having weird weather patterns and say that it’s causing their internal clocks for Salmon Run time to go haywire, leading to the ensuing shenanigans 🍣

Dhakfhdk considering a big part of Salmonid culture is their fondness for using cooking utensils as weapons they might even appreciate someone sharing similar tastes in weaponry 🍴 🍳
I didn’t know that lol.

I was thinking about Final Fantasy summons in the RP and I just pictured Toon Link summoning the freaking Doomtrain lol

He's probably self-conscious about it because sometimes people have a hard time understanding him! Or they mistake it for Scottish and it annoys him lol

I'm amused at the idea of the Pits having a Greek accent and Peach or Zelda being so charmed that they try to get them to say "cookie" as often as possible. I actually tried finding a Greek version of KI:U and was disappointed that there doesn't seem to be one.

Speaking of incorporating various Nintendo game elements into the RP, here's a post that I'm pretty proud of from a short-lived game. Pit and Samus save a Waddle Dee from some rampaging Angry Suns!

Enjoy the mental image of Samus tapping her foot and bobbing along with the Kirby victory theme!

I love seeing folks do similar in the RP. Yes, find those floating item boxes! Talk to the smiling clouds in the sky! Cut grass to find rupees lol

These suns just won't give up! Attacks bounce off them, and defending with the Guardian Orbitars only slows them down temporarily. Pit was getting tired, and the Waddle Dee clinging to the back of his head and tugging his cheeks was definitely not helping matters! Pit wondered if it was possible to stretch someone's face for so long that it stayed that way, but the thought was dismissed as the three Angry Suns moved in to try and strike the cherub at once. Of course, the solution was simple; Pit jumped up, undersized wings flapping to give him a bit of height. The suns collided, creating a KA-BOOM that sent the angel spinning through the air, Waddle Dee in tow. Pit was spinning so fast that he could not recover. Waddle Dee was held close; regardless of what happened, he was NOT going to let anything happen to the little guy!

Then everything went still. Pit opened his eyes, shutting them quickly to shake off the vertigo, then reopened them to find himself staring into the green visor of the helmet of Samus Aran! He was in the arms of THE Samus Aran!

"Look alive, angel," Samus snapped, pulling both Pit and the Waddle Dee out of their awe. They immediately found themselves on the dirt ground as Samus turned and fired shots at a gigantic, furious sun. The three Angry Suns had combined! "There is an item box not far ahead of you," the bounty hunter said, her focus fully on the rampaging star. "Snap to, captain!"

Pit's military discipline kicked in at the command. He saluted, "Yes, ma'am!"

He did an about-face and ran in the direction Samus indicated (Waddle Dee clung onto him) and quickly found floating platforms of brick blocks. Floating above them all was a single block with a question mark designating it as an Item Box. He hopped onto the platforms with little hesitation, bouncing from block to block until he was just under the Item Box.

"C'mon, please be something good! A star! Be a star! Please!"

Pit's fist struck the bottom of the Item Box. A green Koopa shell popped out of it. He had no time to wallow in his disappointment as he saw that even Samus's firearms were of no use against the giant Angry Sun. He took hold of the Koopa shell and with an angry yell he chucked it straight at the ball of flame.

Ploop!

The shell smacked the Angry Sun and knocked it away. The air grew colder and the sky darkened. Samus and Pit could only stare at the spot where the massive fireball used to be, completely stunned silent by the rather anticlimatic end. Huh, all those years playing Super Mario Bros. 3, and they never knew!

Waddle Dee, however, was quite jubilant, and expressed such by doing a dance. Pit, and even Samus, were unable to resist joining in and the two of them bobbed along to the catchy little beat before ending with a victory pose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back