• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Super Robot Wars (SRW) Anyone?

Hmmm... should I pick Ernesti Echevalier or should I go a certain other path...

...I have no objections

To the bunny.

Nah, I'm kidding. Take all three if you feel you can handle it. 3 will probably be the default max I'm okay with someone taking. In some cases, it makes sense if you're the only one who knows a series, and you want more than just one of the mains from it.

Ernesti is pretty cool. So that's where the char is from. Gotta watch that next. Personally I think he'll fit into the slightly medieval-ish civilization + mecha setting i like (It looks like including Ernesti would even open up the use of magic) but we seem to be tugging in different directions between space and sand, and no one else has weighed in yet.

I like DMing for people more than RPing a single character so if you want to choose your starter, I'll run a story for you first.

My friend is still incredibly bitter about IDOLM@STER being in this franchise, despite it being in the phone game.
You'd think having Godzilla and Gavan would cancel that sort of thing out in his eyes, but I guess it didn't.

My friend is still incredibly bitter about IDOLM@STER being in this franchise, despite it being in the phone game.
You'd think having Godzilla and Gavan would cancel that sort of thing out in his eyes, but I guess it didn't.

What a thing to be upset about though I think I understand since it was a little upsetting to me too when Macross introduced a magical idol group in Delta. I accepted, and even came to enjoy it although I would never praise the anime as good. Part of the fun about rping bad anime/concepts/characters is that there's no pressure to make them good, and they can't get much worse, dohoho.

Anyway, you leaning towards one character or other?

What a thing to be upset about though I think I understand since it was a little upsetting to me too when Macross introduced a magical idol group in Delta. I accepted, and even came to enjoy it although I would never praise the anime as good. Part of the fun about rping bad anime/concepts/characters is that there's no pressure to make them good, and they can't get much worse, dohoho.

Anyway, you leaning towards one character or other?
I'm leaning on Banjo from Daitarn 3 or maybe the Texas Mack team from Shin vs Neo. We'll see.

If anyone else goes base Getter team, I'm going Musashi. I know he's not exactly a big player in Armageddon for very traditionally Getter-ish reasons, but he's my boy.

I'm leaning on Banjo from Daitarn 3 or maybe the Texas Mack team from Shin vs Neo. We'll see.

If anyone else goes base Getter team, I'm going Musashi. I know he's not exactly a big player in Armageddon for very traditionally Getter-ish reasons, but he's my boy.

Wow, talk about old school. I need to get myself versed in those series.

If you're going Getter then I'll revise the setting to a more generic defend civilization setup, and bring in Doctor Hell, Big Fire, and the PX Syndicate as villains. It would be fun to include Big O as well.

Wow, talk about old school. I need to get myself versed in those series.

If you're going Getter then I'll revise the setting to a more generic defend civilization setup, and bring in Doctor Hell, Big Fire, and the PX Syndicate as villains. It would be fun to include Big O as well.
I think I breezed through the three original Getter mangas in an afternoon. I learned about Banjo through the SRW games, but I haven't seen enough of the show to play him properly myself.
Banjo is like 70's-era Bond. It's cool.

I think I breezed through the three original Getter mangas in an afternoon. I learned about Banjo through the SRW games, but I haven't seen enough of the show to play him properly myself.
Banjo is like 70's-era Bond. It's cool.

So it occurred to me! Guess I'll look into it too.

Also, I just started Knights and Magic. I suspect you let it drop since it isn't super robot enough though.

I'd like to use an OC that's from L-gaim. The only problem is that I'd like to use the L-gaim Mk 1, but I'm not sure if you'd be okay with it seeing as it's unique and belongs to an established character.

No, I dont want to play Daba, that would impede on what I'd like to do.

Sweet. Everyone's got their character.

So I think the best way to accommodate all of these series (and make space integral to the setting) is to use a mix of the Leijiverse (Galaxy Express, Harlock, Yamato), Macross, Xenosaga, and even a bit of Doraemon for the setting (I also want to throw in a bit of Homeworld for the use of Turanic raiders).

In other words, a vast universe with many worlds traversed by slow and quick forms of transportation (vis a vis the Galaxy Exprses literally chugging along but also passing through subspace where interstellar distances can become a little quicker especially when passing through massive hyperspace gates like that used by the Gamilas.

Various alien species like the Vajra and Gnosis exist to threaten humanity.

Where different versions of Earth exist, they could exist in dimensions that because of similarities or 'fold' accidents enable them to be connected. So for example, various series where the Earth gets decimated like in Macross/Robotech, Yamato, movie Harlock, and even Char's Counterattack could have characters and whole fleets pulled in from them easily.

Sweet. Everyone's got their character.

So I think the best way to accommodate all of these series (and make space integral to the setting) is to use a mix of the Leijiverse (Galaxy Express, Harlock, Yamato), Macross, Xenosaga, and even a bit of Doraemon for the setting (I also want to throw in a bit of Homeworld for the use of Turanic raiders).

In other words, a vast universe with many worlds traversed by slow and quick forms of transportation (vis a vis the Galaxy Exprses literally chugging along but also passing through subspace where interstellar distances can become a little quicker especially when passing through massive hyperspace gates like that used by the Gamilas.

Various alien species like the Vajra and Gnosis exist to threaten humanity.

Where different versions of Earth exist, they could exist in dimensions that because of similarities or 'fold' accidents enable them to be connected. So for example, various series where the Earth gets decimated like in Macross/Robotech, Yamato, movie Harlock, and even Char's Counterattack could have characters and whole fleets pulled in from them easily.
Can we get a CS page please?

Sorry for the delay. I promised I'd write stories for the lore page of my friend's RP, so that's been taking up my time, along with the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back