• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Suncrest Complex

Mia & Miya
odo0QkO.jpg

The twins both nodded to Eleanor as she set their drinks down. Mia simply took small sips from it, careful not to fall asleep on top of it as well. She was really tired, but on the outside, it didn't show, except for the fact her eyelids were half way shut. Either way, she was awake. She smiled as she tasted it.
"This place has always been so good~ Can we move our apartment like, inside here? I wanna stay here forever~" She slurred drowsily, "It's the best~"

Miya took a few sips of her own and smiled, only making her reaction a bit more energized, just what she needed. "If it was possible and we had enough money. But oh my goodness, just taste the mocha!"

"I am. . . We got the same drink~" Mia sort of smirked at her sister.

"Oh, right. Forgot."

"What? How? We said it in unison like normal?" Mia was utterly confused, "You are oblivious as all hell~"

"You're also my sister so careful, M."

Mia sighed with a smile and continued her small sips of her drink. The two also did this in unison. For as funny and cute as they looked, the two didn't really have much of a social ring here. They are sitting by themselves for the most part, only talking to each other. But, they don't mind it. In fact, it would sort of draw others to be curious about the two. They look like the exact same person, talked exactly the same (besides Mia's more soothing and relaxed tone to Miya's excited and powerful) and they do the same actions. Who wouldn't want to investigate?

People with their own lives and plans. Ah, well on the fact of the matter, they didn't care, they were happy.

"So are you going to buy anything at the mall that's not a video game?" Miya asked with curiosity.

"A straight jacket for you and another pillow for me~" Mia laid her head down again.

"Not fun."

"I'm cute~"

"Sure."

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Last edited:
Saren Hyatt

proxy.php
The guy seemed to respond to her without much feverish emotion, and she rather appreciated the professionalism to his stature. Perhaps she had underestimated him previously. He appeared more detached than most, and, for a famous person at that was unusual. Her tongue was a little stung from sipping her latte too quickly, so she refrained from indulging in the sweetness once more. The fact that he had heard worse didn't surprise her. Just as superstars had their fans, they also had the ominous cloud of hate shrouding their whereabouts.

Saren listened intently as he spoke about the balcony and the beach at midnight. Her eyes glistened with amusement. "Yes, I too find the beach more serene at night. Don't bite me if we ever run into each other." She found him to be a rather solo being, and would make a note not to seem too invasive. But her words were mostly light-hearted. "The city lights always seemed so beautifully distracting to me, but tonight I'll try looking out at them through your eyes." She saw the twins of the complex at a table behind Mr. Spook Lord, and figured she should go say hi, as she hadn't ran into them for awhile. She too had been a bit of a hermit lately. Only prowling around at night. Geez, she might as well change her species to vampire. Taking a sip of coffee against her tongue's will, she tapped the table lightly, "Seriously though, if you ever need something or feel bored, don't be such a stranger. We are neighbors after all." Truthfully, she could care less if he never spoke to her again. But the words had left her mouth before she could take them back. But perhaps befriending him wouldn't be all that bad. They both wrote songs after all. Having someone else's opinion would be beneficial to have. With that, she migrated over behind him to the twin's table.

"Mia and Miya right?" Saren pointed her latte back and forth between the two. "God...you're both really adorable but having not seen you in forever makes it difficult to decipher who from who. What are your guys's plans for today?"

spookie spookie DrBezendrine DrBezendrine

[font=Special+Elite]
Nicholas "Spook" Sterling​
[/font]

full

Nicholas had expected her to be a bit put off by his emotionless mannerisms, but she seemed almost amused.

"Everything's better at night," he said, pausing to take a sip of his latte. "But don't worry about being bitten. Can't risk chipping a tooth and having my PR agent flip out again." He smirked a bit at his last comment, but stayed as cool as ever.

"I find distractions help. If I'm sitting alone in perfect silence, doubt and perfectionism take over. The lights and traffic don't let me focus quite so hard, and that means I can be more artistic. I do edit in total silence, though."

He shrugged, finishing off his drink. She seemed nicer now, which didn't really make much sense. Despite being famous, Nicholas had never been the best at reading people... not that he often put in any effort to do so.

"Hey, thanks. I keep to myself a lot, never really felt right subjecting people to the side effects of fame. Still, I appreciate it. Maybe I'll see you around sometime," he said with a nod, brushing his bangs out of his tired eyes.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Last edited:
Mia & Miya

odo0QkO.jpg

The twins looked up at Saren as she approached and gave her a friendly wave and smile to match. "We were going to the mall," They said in unison, the Mia continued, "And I was sleepy so we started here~" She took a sip of her coffee and basically melted in her chair, her hand on her cheek, "Ish good~" She look like a child who had just enough candy, sitting there.

Miya rolled her eyes, "Just some regular shopping, Mia wants to sleep still, but I signed up for the Mall today."

"But sleep ish soooo good~" Mia started talking, clinging onto Miya's arm.

"You are a child when you don't sleep."

The two continued like this, then realized an actual person was talking to them. "Oh, whoops. Did you want to join us or something?I mean, the more the merrier! We wouldn't mind." Miya offered her smile again, "I mean, we have nothing to do. Mia especially."

Mia puffed the air, then looked at Saren. "I'm so sorry she's weird~ It's such a shame, right?"

They then, almost on cue, stuck their tongues out at each other in a funny way. It was normal to them, but to others, they might as well laugh at the two.

31ee025291a2e43267776d7be41b1601.jpg

Dum, dum, dum..
Sounded the deep strum of a cello, followed by a constant clink of cymbals. The lyrics of 'Hit The Road Jack' began, but before the group of women could begin 'Don't 'cha come back', the alarm had been turned off. Joseph rolled over and grumbled. He only got about one or two hours of sleep, and spent the rest of the time just staring at the ceiling, hoping that whoever was the jackass making all that noise had a bug in his coffee. After slugging out of bed, he pulled on his 'Arizona High Sharks' hoodie and sweatpants. He wasn't about to go out with just his boxers on.

original.gif

Meanwhile, Elias had been up since the crack of dawn, getting a head start on editing a new block of pages that the publishing company had sent to him the night before. It was a little different of him to start work during his grace period, but he certainly didn't want to seem swamped or stressed when his son arrived on Saturday. So, he took his place on the plush couch, red pen in hand and papers on the coffee table. A large mug of coffee helped him get into his work mood. The door squeaking open behind Eli made him turn his head, spotting an already annoyed Joseph.
"Good morning, Val! You look like you just crawled out of hell." Eli greeted, tapping his pen against the table to get his roommate's attention.
"How could you sleep with all of that noise last night? My pillows weren't thick enough to even muffle it." Val yawned, leaning on the back of the couch. He skimmed over the papers. Surprisingly, it was less than usual.
"Well, I've spent nights in a barn, so I'm used to it. You might grow into it," Eli sat up and turned toward Val, taking a swig from his dark blue mug. "There's still some leftover cookies from the cafe. You need the sugar if you plan to practice today."
"Got anymore of that?" Val poked the mug and craned his neck to look to the kitchen counter. The coffee pot was nearly empty. He made a face, which prompted Eli to simply chuckle.
"Unfortunately, we're all out. If you want coffee, you know where to go." The older man winked and retreated back to his work, marking the files red.
"Was this a ploy to get me to talk to more people? If it is, it's not gonna work. I can just go to the store later or you can get more yourself. You have functional legs, despite being an old man." Joseph said defensively, pulling on a pair of old sneakers.
"Uh-huh. Whatever you believe is fine with me, shorty." Eli hummed as the younger man shut the front door.
—​

Cookies in hand, Joseph found himself going downstairs, planning to get his morning coffee anyways. He heard someone call for help, but ignored it- it didn't sound like they were in serious peril. As he rounded to reach the final staircase, he noticed a few low-hanging pipes on the second floor. Curious, he stepped into that hallway, finishing up his second to last cookie. His eyes followed the pipe to a man holding quite a few of them in his arms, another holding quite a lot of money, and a girl with large glasses. He didn't have much of an opinion on any of them, but he definitely knew that the girl was most likely a shut-in. As for pipe-guy, he only saw him once or twice before, but he assumed he lived a pretty normal life. Probably didn't do any swimming, considering his build. And the last guy didn't particularly look wealthy. Just.. A bit creepy. He liked the hair though. Before Val was called out for staring too long, he forced himself to go and interact, which was dangerous without coffee in his possession.
"Is all this.. Allowed outside your apartment? Do neighbors not care on this floor?"

{ Genjiomnom Genjiomnom TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit NyxNightmare NyxNightmare }

Last edited:
EDGAR NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Princept Princept
Edgar blinked and nodded when Sasha asked to reach into her pocket, withdrawing a large amount of cash. The tall man's jaw dropped, but it only dropped even further when she said to "keep the change". How. Just....how was she so nice? He pocketed the money, his cheeks feeling a little warm; he and Doris didn't have that much money just lying about, sadly, but they got by.

"All of the thumbtacks in the hardware store. You got it, kid." A few sparkles surrounded the man, but stopped when he spotted a second person casually asking what she was up to and if she always trusted others to buy stuff for her. And another, observing before asking a question. Edgar shrugged a little, scratching the back of the neck. "No idea, I live on the singles floor. Just heard this chick needed help with something. Apparently wants as many thumbtacks as possible......." He shrugged again, looking at the money with an odd expression. "......My only question is why someone would carry this much money with them everywhere. It's a bit odd."

As Edgar reached into her pockets and took the money, Sasha showed to reaction to this. This is definitely just a normal interaction between strangers. Another man had come up, Sasha knew him as Ian, though they didn't talk much. To any normal person, Ian had done a good deed, and was even careful with the pipes. Sasha had some gripes about this as he easily reached over and took over Sasha's position. Wha? No, wait, sto... Sasha couldn't get her words out fast enough as Ian took possession of the pipe holding position.

Immediately Sasha turned her head towards her open door at the opposite end of the hall, frozen in place, mouth slightly open. A whirring sound soon became audible, almost like the sound a computer fan might make. It became louder, quickly reaching a high squealing pitch before dying. Sasha spoke to herself, Guess I'm not curing cancer. She spoke in a rather relaxed manner, like it was no big deal.

Sasha finally took in her surroundings, the extreme excitement from her project dying down. Of course no one saw any visible change in her features. Ian asked her about trusting others to buy things for her. She looked up at Edgar, her eyes squinting as she asked, now seemingly suspicious. You're not deceiving me, are you?

Yet another man had strode up, almost surrounding her in this corner, each one larger than her. This one was Joseph, Sasha's not even sure where she learned his name from. In response to his question she gave a slightly confused face. She looked at her piping project, then looked down towards her room, then back at Joseph. She pointed above her towards the pipe and said, This? Why wouldn't it be allowed?

Sasha had realized she was surrounded. Surrounded by MEN. They were all fairly good looking, though there aren't many men who aren't attractive to Sasha. She said, nonchalantly, These men are sexy, I'll have to tell my mom later. Of course, Sasha had no clue she was speaking her thoughts out loud. Her parents, her mother specifically, always asked about her love life. Usually she would respond excitedly if she passed a guy in the hallway, especially if the guy acknowledged her. Currently her face was fairly blank, completely oblivious as she continued to wallow in her thoughts.

TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Princept Princept

Lewis
The sun was beaming as if it was midday. The sky was a stunning blue shade with no clouds. Birds were chirping, the light brought warmth to the people. This morning seemed to be perfect. There was a chiming tune, the beautiful ring of bells. A noise which belonged to the phone of one sleeping Canadian. Lewis reached blindly from his navy covers to stop this noise, knocking over a water bottle and other things while doing so. Once his fingertips managed to reach the smooth plastic of his case, he picked it up and swiped to turn the sound off. The blonde had done this so many times that he didn't have to even look at his phone. His apartment was dark as he used drapes over the windows. This blocked most of the sunlight from reaching him. His computer setup was next to his small bed. Three monitors, a high performance pc, and mouse and keyboard to finish it off. Video game posters and storyboards covered the walls of his apartment, while nothing was left of the floor. The kitchen was spotless, but the desks were unorganized. Looking at his cell to check the time, he squinted at the bright screen. It was a Thursday which meant he didn't have any classes until later on. With a grunt he set his phone back onto the bedside table. Hiding back into his blanket, he planned to sleep a little bit longer. This plan was terminated by the groaning noises that emitted from within his stomach. Ah yes he remembered now. Yesterday, he had forgotten to eat dinner in his tired state after playing Dota 2 for ten hours straight, and now he was starving. The hunger hit him like a brick wall. He could handle the lack of sleep, however, the lack of food was a totally different situation. The blanket folded as he pushed himself up to a sitting position. Rubbing at his eyes, he stood up making the mattress of his old bed squeal. The wood flooring was cold under his barefeet, but Lewis was a man on a mission. Slowly he walked over to his bathroom and stretching his sore muscles. Who knew that ten hours of playing video games would give him such an aching body? After a brisk shower of humming songs and scrubbing, he left his apartment with his laptop, some jeans, a random pair of shoes, and a jacket to cover the Hearthstone t-shirt he's been wearing for two days now. Once he left his apartment, he ran into quite an odd sight. Tubing lined the walls bound to each other with tacks. This might be weird to a regular resident, but in all honesty he didn't mind it. He waved a quick hello before he caught an elevator to the main floor. Casually, he whistled along with the elevator music even after he had left. Another groan was released from his stomach as he neared his destination. The Suncrest cafe, a place where he could always get the perfect tea and chill out while writing a very complex climax. He sat down at a lone table farthest from the sunlight and opened his laptop. Mornings were great in some cases. Getting to enjoy a breakfast in the cafe and typing a few paragraphs in, was definitely one of those cases.

Eleanor (Ellie) May
aa5b8c1ba7ccbbbd84c5e6de83692cee.jpg
After her chat with Saren, Ellie went around the Cafe, picking up dishes, as several customers were ready to pay. It was a quick exchange as most them would pay and leave, giving her the tip. Tips here were left in the tip jar. There were three different jars, one for mornings, afternoon, and late shifts. As the shift ends, the baristas are able to split the winnings.

As she got the putting the money in their respective places, Ellie noticed some come in the cafe, from within the Complex door. Smiling she welcomed Lewis, "Morning Lewis, I'll be right over to take your order." It took a moment to finish up the task at hand, but she made her way to the young man, "Alright, what would it be today, Lewis?"

Ellie, with her notepad out and ready, she smiled down at the zombie state that Lewis was currently on. It wouldn't surprise her is he spent most of the night gaming, but she's guilty when it comes to reading all night long.

MitoIsMe MitoIsMe

Lewis
Lewis started really getting into his writing. Immersing himself with the characters and the settings. It was as if the story was happening before his eyes. He could almost feel the wind and smell the scent of fresh flowers. The earth quivered when he typed in the sentences. He was pulled from his fantasy words and put back into reality by the sweet voice of Ellie. It was never depressing to be taken from his writing by the brunette. She had an aura where no one cannot be happy by her presence. One would have to be soulless for that to happen. If it was a stranger, maybe then he'd be a bit upset about the interruption.

"Oh, I'll have a cup of chamomile tea, a blueberry muffin, and some pancakes, please." His voice sounded a bit more groggy than expected. The tone was cheery as usual and his grin was a bit lazy, but bright nonetheless. He was sure that there were bags under his eyes and that his hair was still a bit wet, but he knew Ellie wouldn't mind. That's what he liked most about her. She was the least judgemental of his pretty idotic life choices. Hell, he spent one hundred and twenty dollars in Christmas cases for Overwatch. Those legendary skins were worth it according to him.
KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Last edited:
Joseph Valentino
Cecil-Aijima-uta-no-prince-sama-34600204-500-280.gif

Huh. Edgar lived on the same floor as Val did- he wondered if he too heard those terrible noises throughout the night.
"Because you're only paying to modify your own apartment. Not the entire floor. Isn't there a rule against decorations or something?" Joseph crossed his arms, staring down at her. She was quite the quirky one, for the lack of a better word. "I'm not gonna be that guy who complains, but, this just has me a little confused." He eyed the pipes, trying to think of what she could possibly be using them for. Before he opened his mouth to say something again, he was cut off by a very blunt comment from the girl. He acknowledged the compliment, but it came from a four-eyed girl that he barely ever saw. Even the kid that walked by and greeted all of them quickly acted nonchalant about it. As if this wasn't weird already. This entire floor was weird.
"..Um. Thanks. Though I'm not sure if you meant to say that out loud." Val looked up at the pipes again, brushing off the comment to give the poor girl another try. "..Anyways. What's all this for, anyways? Setting up cable? Fixing bad internet?" He didn't dare touch it, even if Ian was happy to hold them up.

Elias R. Ernest
tumblr_nnesf9mUk01sg1cgoo5_250.gif

Unfortunately, when Eli stood to grab a quick snack from his fridge, someone else had stolen his comfortable spot on the couch. A small mrrow rose from the perpetrator, and she curled up right into the cushion.
"Come on, Judy. I had a nice groove there. Is this punishment?" He whined, gathering up his papers and stacking them neatly on the coffee table. He moved his mug to the kitchen counter so that she wouldn't get any bright ideas. "Well, at least you didn't rip up my papers like last week. Almost gave me an aneurysm." He scratched her head, and put on some warm slippers. "I think Val isn't coming back with more coffee.. Well! That gives me permission to grab a great latte. See in you in a few, Judy." Another weak mrrow came from her as he left.

Out of the second elevator, it only took him a few steps before he could smell the pastries and chocolate. The mornings here always made him feel at ease, and being surrounded by people was the greatest privilege he could ever wish for. Taking in his surroundings, he noticed a boy typing away at his laptop. This reminded Eli of himself, and it made him wince a bit. Regardless of past, he walked over curiously. Luckily, he didn't seem to interrupt any creative processes. "Good morning, Eleanor," He nodded to the barista, then to Lewis. "And young man."

Eleanor (Ellie) May
"Oh, I'll have a cup of chamomile tea, a blueberry muffin, and some pancakes, please," Lewis answered in a groagy voice, which caused Ellie to giggle.

"I will get that to you in a bit," she said as she finished writing down hid order. She was about to leave Lewis when Eli came up to them. She smiled up at the man and greeted him, "Good morning, Eli! Did you and Joseph run out of coffee?" She motioned Eli to follow her, allowing Lewis to continue his writing. Quickly popping her head in the kitchen as she asked for a stack of pancakes. Once she was done, she returned over to the Barista bar, working on Lewis' order as she keeps talking to Eli, "So how is the editing going? Are you taking care of your health right? You seem so stressed when you don't look after yourself..."

On a tray, Ellie placed a small plate with a single blueberry muffin and an empty teacup with its chamomile teabag. It didn't take long for the stack of pancakes to arrive, as she began to pour hot water into the teacup. "Oh, give me a moment Eli," she announced as she rounded the bar and headed back to Lewis. "Here we are, Lewis. A stack of fluffy pancakes, a blueberry muffin, and your chamomile tea. Call me over whenever you need something else." With a smile, she left Lewis' table and back to Eli, "Alright, Eli. What can I get you? You usual Latte?"

MitoIsMe MitoIsMe Princept Princept

Last edited:
Eli R. Ernest
bb5c688fe7f4ea9584cff829c478cf7c.gif

Eli talked as he followed Ellie, looking over his shoulder before a few sweets on display caught his eye. "Of course. We both did stay up a little longer than intended.. Moreso Val. Poor guy. Couldn't sleep a wink because someone else on our floor was a bit busy." He yawned and leaned on the counter. "I finished about ten chapters last night, and met my quota.. But I decided to get a little ahead myself. Started three, finished one." He didn't mind talking about work, especially when the story the author submitted was particularly interesting. Eli waited patiently, wondering where Val could have gone. He hoped it wasn't the gym, since working on an empty stomach was dangerous.
When she returned, his sunny disposition warped a bit, now looking a bit unsure. "I'm getting headaches a little more frequently, unfortunately. I think I just need rest.." He tapped his finger against the glass display. "Yep! Hazelnut with a bit of cinnamon. Could I get that-" He gestured towards the banana muffin, then the powdered donuts. "-and two of those, please?"

{ KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint }

Lewis
"Hey there, old man." Lewis said to the approaching male. He turned from his screen to properly greet the elder.

The smile on Lewis' face became wider as he watched Ellie place down the delightful breakfast at his table. 'Steam rose from the stack of fluffy pancakes. The top seemed to be decorated with maple syrup and various fruits. The tea was a golden honey hue and the muffin fit in with the rest of the meal. A meal from a photo, it was irregularly perfect.' There were times when he'd accidentally type what he's thinking, this was one of those times. In the middle of an extraordinarily emotional event between the protagonist and her damaged husband, there was now a a brief passage about his breakfast slipped in. Chuckling a bit, he held down the backspace key to delete a fantastic description of his food. Maybe he should actually eat it rather than describe it.

Lewis sliced into his pancake with one hand while the other furiously pressed keys. After finishing the chapter he was working on, he decided to take a break and play some games. So, that's what led him to this state. In midst of a Dota game, raging at the enemy team, and failing to play support.

"I have over six hundred hours of this game and I still can't play a support hero. Do I just suck or what?" He mumbled to himself, munching on his pancake. Wallowing in his defeat for only a short period of time, before he matched up again for a second try. "They say practice makes perfect, I'll see about that."

Eleanor (Ellie) May
"I'm getting headaches a little more frequently, unfortunately. I think I just need rest.." Eli answered, causing Ellie's smile to falter a moment, but returned once he began to order, "Yep! Hazelnut with a bit of cinnamon. Could I get that and two of those, please?"

Ellie followed his finger as he picked out the banana muffin and the powdered doughnuts. "Of course!" she exclaimed as began to pull out the pastries out and onto the smallest of the brown boxes. The boxes all held the logo of the Cafe and all range of different sizes based on the order. She also placed more of the cookies Eli and Val usually ordered, knowing too well they would enjoy later on. She knew Eli saw her do that but spoke as she went to make his Latte, "Don't worry Eli, those are on me. I know how much you and Val like those."

She placed the coffee cup in front of him as Ellie began to make a design of a flower and continued, "But you should really try to take a break and take care of your health. Maybe take a walk around town. It seems like it's beginning to get warmer once more." As she finished she placed her tool away, smiled at Eli, glad to talk to him.

Princept Princept

Eli R. Ernest
tumblr_nncaxtdu1Y1sgwm5lo4_r1_400.gif

Elias' smile returned at the sight of the white chocolate and sugar cookies, and his eyes lit up. He would have missed the part where she mentioned that they were on the house if the box had stayed open longer. The curl of his lips faltered. "Are you sure? I do have the money, you know.." He trailed off, tapping his chin for a moment before taking out his wallet. He pulled out a twenty, which was way more than he needed to pay. "I will, I will. I just want to be prepared, you know? If you want to blame someone for my deprivation, blame my author. She always sends her manuscripts and inquiry emails in the middle of the night, because it's apparently the only time she can focus on writing. And she wants me to return it back to her at the same time!" He placed the bill on the counter, taking the drink and admiring the design. Maybe he would've taken a picture of it he had a food blog. He let out a brief exhale through his nose. "Besides, Charlie is coming back. I'll spend plenty of time outside with him, if he's as excited as always." He took a long sip. "Keep the change, I insist!" Eli put the box under his arm.

{ KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint }

Eleanor (Ellie) May
"Besides, Charlie is coming back. I'll spend plenty of time outside with him if he's as excited as always. Keep the change, I insist!" he offered as he took a sip of his coffee.

Ellie placed her hand on her hips, holding her ground in giving him the cookies, but gave up. She knew Eli wouldn't give up in trying to pay for his order, so she changed the topic, "It'll be fun to see Charlie again. But promise me you will try to take a break today. I mean you are already ahead. When you go back to work after the breather, you'll have the energy to finish it in no time! Tell Val, I said hi. He seems to always go right to swimming when he comes down here."

Eleanor took the twenty and made the exchange, placing the rest in the tip jar. Like always her smile danced on her face as she began to clean up the tools she had recently used, humming as she did. The Cafe was finally entering the call lulling rhythm that seemed to place Ellie in a happy mood. Something about meeting people and making their days made her just bubble in happiness. But once she heads to the beach, her day would be perfect.

Princept Princept

Saren Hyatt

aak4mp.jpg
The café was beginning to fill up quicker by the second. Normally spending her time up on the penthouse level, these were practically new faces to Saren. Hearing the twins chat back and forth, anyone would find them cute. How do they live every day like that? Still, she couldn't really fathom what it was like to have a twin. But imagine the benefits! If you needed to be two places at once, that would definitely work out well. As their conversation continued, Saren felt a bit excluded, and, listening to them bicker lightly, she rethought a few things. Then again....maybe not so well. They might look different, but their personalities couldn't be further apart. But they seemed to enjoy some of the same things, like the mocha they each had bought.

Upon their shopping request, Saren had to really think about the last time she went shopping, much less with any friends. Damn. Was she really that much of a loner?? Her youth was going to fade away if she didn't fully indulge herself now. But was...going shopping really it? Well, she does love taking risks, and that includes going out of her comfort zone. "Eh...you know what, sure. I guess it's good to go out every once in awhile." Though dread filled her mind, her heart leapt with a bit of excitement.
DrBezendrine DrBezendrine

Ian Lassiter

proxy.php
Lots of people were beginning to show up by now, but it didn't bother Ian at all. The more people showed up to help, the easier it would be for him to hand over the responsibility to one of the other guys. He didn't remember the newest guy that showed up, but his physical presence indicated he was quite the athlete. Perfect, he can hold all the pipes if needed. But just as he was about to speak up his leave, an odd whirring noise abounded from the girl's room. Eh....??? It only proceeded to get louder until it took it's final breath of life. "Uh...what the heck was that??" He didn't expect any answers from the girl. He should have known form the very start they would go unanswered. She mumbled something about not curing cancer, and the rest of the guys were questioning her doing as well. "I wouldn't be surprised if she's planning world domination." He muttered, still holding the pipes, completely having dismissed her objections from earlier.

It was when she made a statement about being surrounded by sexy guys and telling her mother that Ian's mind really went blank. "Wait...wait what???" Ian wasn't normally phased, but this was quite surprising coming from this type of girl. He then sort of questioned himself. Was he really considered sexy??? Perhaps the muscle dude beside them, but him? Ian wasn't unattractive by any means, and he had his fair share of girlfriends and one night stands. But he didn't really think sexy when he looked at himself in the mirror. The more he thought about the statement, the more he found the situation bad. They were three guys nonetheless, cornering a girl. Others would definitely misunderstand. "Er...where should this sexy man place these pipes?" His words were laced with sarcasm, hinting he didn't take her comment from earlier seriously. He wondered if the guy who had taken the cash was really going to buy out the store's thumb tacks.
Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Princept Princept TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit

EDGAR AND DORIS
3ebadd482b1871eb8e0a9df44e9d73c4878f72a7_hq.gif
NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Princept Princept Genjiomnom Genjiomnom
....Okay, why was everyone looking at him as though he was some sort of bank robber? Edgar just kind of deadpanned the others, then began walking towards the elevator. She had called him....sexy. Odd choice of words, Edgar thought as he then swerved towards the stairs and walked down, trying to hide the light blush on his cheeks.

He then made a beeline to the hardware store, smiling slightly at Doris, who was just finishing her third bagel of the day. The pinkette smiled back, and soon joined him, cheerily following her big brother.

"Edgar, where are you going?"

"Hardware store."

"What for? You usually go to the dumpst--huh?" Doris blinked as her brother pointed a single index finger at her, a determined glint in his purple eye.

"Thumbtacks. Every last thumbtack. For Sasha."

And then he continued walking, humming a love song. Doris sweatdropped, then headed upstairs to find Sasha. Of course, she only ran into two hot men.

Wait. WHAAAAAAAAT?!

Her face instantly went red; stuttering, the girl flailed her arms, unsure of how to word this. Then something came out.

"Ilikeyourhairmybrotherlikesthumbtacks!"

Edgar had gone, presumably to retrieve the tacks, which Sasha didn't pay any special extra attention to, since that's just what you do in that situation. The other two had alerted Sasha of what she said aloud though. Her face immediately became red. Her hands shot to her face, trying to hide herself from the world, as she let out a short squeal, AHH!. As Ian asked what to do with the pipes, Sasha turned to face the corner, almost like she was in time out. Her head dropped, so did her hands, as though she were defeated. In a rather sad tone she said, You can just beat me to death with the pipes. I'm ready to die now.

Sasha shut her eyes as she prepared herself for death. She welcomed it with open arms, wondering what the after life was like. Oddly, this gave her an idea for her next project. Assuming she doesn't die right here of course. She immediately began mentally mixing chemicals that could bring you to the world of death in her mind. This was no easy task though, and she wasn't even sure if such a thing were possible, but her curiosity was already stricken. She even mumbled here and there, possibly even some familiar chemicals.

Ian Lassiter
proxy.php
The guy with the now insane amount of cash left to actually go buy the thumbtacks. Ian still was skeptical, but hey, it wasn't his call to make to trust the guy or not. Will he even be able to carry them all back here?? Ian half thought he should join the guy, that is, if he weren't still holding these pipes. As the girl squealed with embarrassment, Ian couldn't but let out a short laugh. So she could be sort of cute after all. Not to match up to Ellie, but watching her attempt to hide herself in the corner was undeniably adorable. Ordering him to simply beat her with the pipes provoked a mischievous grin from the man. His sadistic side was definitely going to show. Just as she seemed to be mumbling to herself, Ian spoke casually, "Okay, sure." And he swung one of the pipes at the wall, hitting slightly above her head, on purpose of course. The hit wasn't strong enough to seriously damage anything, but it did make quite a sharp sound, echoing throughout the stair well. Somehow, even with this he didn't expect the girl to flinch. Still, he couldn't resist trying. Hopefully muscle dude wouldn't take it for real.

Suddenly another girl appeared, and what Ian had feared occurred instantly. Awh man....she's completely misunderstanding. Well. This was simply becoming the morning of opportunities for Ian. "Care to join in on this threesome? Have to warn you though...it's going to get a little rough, especially with the thumb tacks." After carefully deciphering her words, his eyebrows rose. "That was your brother..? Hmm....yeah he's the thumbtack man. A rich one now at that. Missy over here just paid him a thousand or two for his services." His entire presence was nonchalant and casual, like everything he was saying was completely normal. Even though he was messing with her big time.
TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Princept Princept

(putting this out there since I will probably be busy tomorrow with work and won't be able to reply until evening)

Joseph Valentino
3159787286_1_12_EUjVk0RJ.png

Okay, there were more nut cases here than Joseph has initially thought. Not that he didn't count himself as a little apathetic, but these people needed some social skills. He watched as the short girl cower away in the corner, asking to be beaten. He furrowed his brow, only now noticing something very wrong with this situation. He glanced to Ian before being completely caught off guard by the sudden CLANG of the pipe. He took a step forward. "What the hell is wrong with you?! You could've left a dent in the wall!" Val exclaimed, not seeming to care at all for the well being of the girl below the hit. He knew well enough that someone wouldn't actually do it. It was just a joke, but even so, did the other guy have to be so damn extra about it?
Val took a moment to actually look at the girl, to see if she had been effected by this at all. His thoughts were interrupted by Ian yet again, not letting go of this joke at all. He eyed the pink haired woman for a moment, then rolled his eyes.
"Don't worry, miss," Val crossed his arms. "The only kind of release this girl is wishing for is the sweet release of death from embarrassment." He glared daggers into Ian, and slapped his shoulder. "Stop it, before word gets around that we're running questionable operations here." Perhaps.. Val could have worded that better.

Eli R. Ernest
ycWCMWUCr4E.jpg

"Consider it a promise. Val seems itching to go, but he's learned from my nagging. I'll wait for him." Elias gave Ellie a cheeky grin, putting another dollar in the tip jar. "God knows you need it way more than I do." If this were about ten years ago, I'd definitely reconsider. He thought, before saying a small goodbye and retreating to a small table near a sunlit window. It certainly was a beautiful morning. Maybe it was being around people who were younger than him all the time, but he did feel energized. Eli knew he wasn't that old, but being 30 really did make him think about a lot of the future. People like Charlie, Val, and Ellie really brought him up from being under for so long. He didn't want to reflect on this for too long in fear of being a mopey sap, so he dug into his muffin and purred at the taste.

Sasha had waited in the corner for what felt like an eternity, waiting for her end to come. She dared not turn around, for fear of dying from embarrassment, which would be more painful than being beaten to death with a PVC pipe. She was grateful that Ian had eventually agreed to end her life. She would no longer have to live with this embarrassment. As the sudden clang from the pipe hitting the wall rang out, Sasha wondered why he had missed. She showed no signs of being startled, but rather she prepared for the next blow to end it all.

Ian teased about it being a threesome, and of course Sasha could hear the emphasis in that sentence, and knew what he was hinting at. Her face became hot, her knees beginning to feel wobbly. Her hands began to feel clammy as Ian continued the teasing. Ian even made hints that Sasha was paying for sexual services. She began to turn around, a little wobbly. She let out a very shaky chuckle, as though she were in a daze. Her thoughts became clouded, her vision narrowing. Her senses became dulled quickly until she no longer had her bearings. Her legs gave out and she toppled over, fainting from embarrassment.

Mia & Miya

odo0QkO.jpg

The twins offered a very friendly smile up at Saren and nodded, then, Miya spoke, "That's awesome! M over here isn't fun to shop with. She'd rather sit around and not go anywhere. . . Well, except the music and gaming stores, but I don't like either of them." She is obviously the most talkative of the twins. Mia was finishing up her latte, just waiting for Miya to say something to her. Mia was obviously the quieter one as well, preferring to let Miya talk over her. An odd, yet normal pairing of the two.

"Ah, I'm probably talking your head off, where do you like to go when you go shopping?"
Miya finally stopped to ask Saren, having a stupid grin on her face, almost a normal look for her.

In the meantime, Mia decided to just gaze around the cafe. She wasn't looking for anything specific, she's basically seen this building over a million times, so she didn't even know why. Eh whatever, looking around wouldn't hurt any at all. She took in the faces of the people still here. Who they were, eh, guess that'll be known in time. It was kind of nice to look away from her sister for once, she never really got to look at others, and it was by no one's fault, it's just how their lives went. Maybe she'll find sometime to break out of her shell. Just maybe. Then she could meet all of these people, but she guessed Saren is a start.

DORIS NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Princept Princept

Doris squeaked as the man swung the large metal pipe at a girl with some sort of suicide mission, only for it to hit the wall right above her. Thank goodness it didn't hit her on the head; she would have died! And if she died right then, then Doris wouldn't get to know her....and that would be just as bad. The pinkette stared at the red-haired man, bewildered by what he said; in fact, her face went red and she was a stuttering mess. "T-T-Threesome?!" she stammered, clutching her cheeks in obvious embarrassment.

"U-Um....I-I-I don't think Edgar would....umm....approve....and....ah....wh-what...." She chuckled nervously, trying desperately to cover her flushed cheeks now. Eventually, she just sort of took off her sweater and placed it atop her head. "S-Sorry.....I....um...."

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

The sound of a ginormous truck pulling into a driveway resonated throughout the general area, before stopping as the car stopped. The truck was a ginormous dump truck that Edgar had found in the scrapyard.

It was filled to the brim with thumbtacks.

Edgar himself hopped out of the truck, carrying three grocery bags filled to the brim with thumbtacks, walked inside, and upstairs, all with a scary as fuck expression on his face. He only stopped when he reached Sasha, handing her the bags.

"......There's more in the truck if you need them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back