• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Suncrest Complex

~Saren Hyatt~
Location: Suncrest Cafe ~ Interacting With: Sam KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

687474703a2f2f6934392e74696e797069632e636f6d2f31306d713533742e6a7067
Sam's responses made Saren laugh a bit. He really is a family man. After being around many materialistic people, hearing his words were refreshing. She wondered if it had anything to do with him having grown up without a plethora of money around. Whatever took place in his past, it seemed he was making up for it now. She had no doubts he would get his mother that pearl necklace. "You're quite selfless. It's a trait I wish I would see more of these days." She commented.

Upon hearing Sam speak about studying to be a vet, Saren's eyes shined brightly. "Woah. Being a veterinarian takes med school level skills. Protective, intelligent, a bit of playfulness, and selfless. Women must be all over you huh?" Her voice was laced with amusement and awe as she teased him. She wasn't lying, they seemed like traits that would be attracting. But she didn't mean anything too personal when she said it. She was used to complimenting others, but somehow it seemed more genuine this time. She took another sip from her coffee as she took out her phone from her pocket and slid it to Sam, implying he enter in his number. "I'm serious about starting a shelter. If you don't mind, helping me out a bit in your free time? I know you probably have a lot on your plate as is, with such a demanding job and all. But if you're bored...or something." Starting an organization wasn't an easy task, especially not with the ideas Saren envisioned. She would need all the help she could get.

• Sasha may have been explaining something important but all Pluto could think was 'What's that?' to almost everything. Sasha's whole room was like something straight out of a crime novel. It looked...illegal.
    As the machines started up, Pluto was amazed by all the different machines. It sounded like a million old mackintoshes were turning on. He reached out and poked one of the tall servers. He was careful not to accidentally turn on or off anything. He stuck his hands back into his jacket pockets so hat he didn't get any urges to poke anything else. The kitchen seemed to be the only clean thing. Everything else was dirty. Well, dirty wasn't the right word. There was surprisingly no dust bunnies floating around or dirty floors. It was just cluttered. He nodded at everything Sasha was explaining about the wire, he mumbled a couple of 'mhm's, 'yeahuh', and such.
    That was when he noticed the strange lump of black stone. Pluto stared at it as if it was the answer to everything, the forbidden diamond, the best ass he had ever seen. It was hard to look away. He almost reached out to touch it but stopped midway. 'what the heck is this?'The longer he looked at it, the more his head started to hurt and he felt kind of dizzy.
    "Dobh hxhbh shh bsh"
    Was that Sasha? Had she said something? He spun around, unknowing that he had turned away from her. He quickly spun around again, this time he found her...
    'Pink. Bunny. Undies!?'
    spinning around like an ever so graceful ballerina, Pluto covered his eyes and never looked back.
    'i am a gentleman, i am a gentleman, i am a gentleman, I never saw anything. Nope, nothing!'
    Each comment Saha made didn't help his situation. Once again he had turned into a tomato. All he could do was cover his eyes, shake his head, and internally scream.

She wanted him to look! Why? 'You're killing me here Sasha!'
    No, that would be too embarrassing, I don't know if I could handle it.
    'You're telling me....'
    He probably wouldn't like me anyways.
    'Well, i still like you. I just want you fully clothed!'
    He's cute though, mom would like to hear about this later.
    'Thank you for the compliment. Please don't tell your mom!!'
    Finally, Sasha was done torturing him. Pluto got to turn around but he had to give himself a second to breathe after Sasha went into the bathroom. By the time she came back out he had kind of calmed down. When Sasha allowed him to push some buttons and use the machine that spits out junk, it helped clear his mind of the earlier situation.
    Pluto was now sitting on the ground next to her.
    "So uh..what exactly do you do for a living?"
    He needed an explanation for why she had all this strange stuff.

Genjiomnom Genjiomnom

Last edited:
I know its a little short. But its just a first, and its late, sooo...

Walter O'Brien

Walter O'Brien looked at his new apartment, and smiled. He'd been living in the Police Station staff room, so now that he had his own place he could finally do what ever he liked. He dropped his bags and he finally, got a nap. After his nap, he left to go get Starbucks. He ordered a Cameral Frappé Decaf with Extra Whipped Cream, his usual, and went to work to grab some paper work.

He looked dismayed at his desk as a pile at least 4 feet high on his desk. He just stood there for at least 20 minutes just going though everything. Before when thinking about moving the stack of papers and files to his car. He moved them to his car and managed to get home. He unlocked his front door and set the papers down very gently, but forgot to close the door and all the papers flew across the apartment. So he gave up. And just sat down watching TV. 'I need a man' he thought to himself.

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Samuel (Sam) Nightlock
9b4f9f27709e795e7194a28824dc0de3.jpg
"Woah. Being a veterinarian takes med school level skills. Protective, intelligent, a bit of playfulness, and selfless. Women must be all over you huh?"

Sam laughed at the comment and answered, "I normally don't have time to go out and I don't hang out with many women, so I wouldn't know." He took a pause to finish his drink and explained his educational background, "Yeah, I lasted almost two years studying to become a vet. It was hard but it was everything that I would have ever wanted after I got Luke that is. On the plus side, I am able to heal him if anything minor comes up with out going to the vet."

"I'm serious about starting a shelter. If you don't mind, helping me out a bit in your free time? I know you probably have a lot on your plate as is, with such a demanding job and all. But if you're bored...or something."

Sam looked at her a bit shocked at the offer to help, but he couldn't help but smile, "I would love to help out. I have Sunday and Mondays off, so I can help out on those days." Sam's vision when he began to study medicine was to help out animals, and now that Saren is offering him to do just that, he couldn't just pass it off. Maybe this is the first step to doing what I want and not what I need to do.
Interacting: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
Mention: N/A​

Sasha Thompson
Hj2XyQ
Sasha had been poking away at one machine. It looked almost like a laptop, except the keyboard had a weird layout, and there were buttons scattered about the screen. She used this machine to create precision measured pieces. Pluto asked her what she did for a living.

Sasha looked up to Pluto, and with her usual nonchalant manner, she said, I work for the government. I invent and improve things. I'm most known for the cyber security system I created. I use that same system here, in my room. It's unhackable. I've also created many other things, like algorithms for software, found even in your cellphone, and weapons defense systems too.

Sasha wasn't bragging, just stating things matter of factly. Sasha is very aware of her intelligence, and that it affects her social ability, but she tries to not bring it up. She's very humble. There weren't many parts required that needed to be made, just a few pieces of frame. The majority of her project would include wires and code. Sasha turned to Pluto to say, I just need to write the program for the portal, this will take a while, and then I need to create a motherboard for a computer. You don't have to stick around if you don't want to, it'll be pretty boring I'm sure.

Sasha tightened her lips, she knew watching someone type code was boring for most, and her code is her own invention, so no one else can understand it, so it's boring even to people who like to see complex coding. She began typing away, knowing it would take some time to finish.

Current Events Sasha and Pluto sitting in her apartment. Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai

~Saren Hyatt~
Location: Suncrest Cafe ~ Interacting With: Sam KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

"Ah is that so? Then I should consider myself lucky?" She laughed. Saren wasn't really expecting Sam to say he didn't hangout with women much. She would have figured him to be quite the experienced man. Then again, her mind reeled back to him slipping on the wet grass at the park and she had to suppress a giggle. Being a cop must also take up a bit of his time, and, as he later mentioned the days he was free, confirmed it. Saren could technically consider herself free the majority of the days of the week. Since she often worked at home, there was not much need to go out of the complex unless she needed to meet personally with a client to discuss things.

Saren wondered if Sam would ever think about going back to vet school if he had the chance to. But, it wasn't something she would ask. She was sure if circumstances were right, he would. And, in case they would never be, she didn't want to have his hopes up by bringing up the idea. It wasn't as if she was going to pay for his tuition, so what could she really do? She was sure a friend would be supporting no matter what. Can she call this man her friend now? I guess I'm still quite an amateur when it comes to friends. Her whole life had been made up of clients and acquaintances. Making friends had been the least of her worries midst the peak of her career in the music industry. "Then, if I'm in a pinch with Zara, you wouldn't mind me calling you for some advice?" It seemed convienient to have someone around who knew a thing or two about animal health. "Lines at the vet can take forever. And then they charge you so much for a simple check up." But hearing his approval of the shelter idea, Saren sighed in relief. "Thank you so much. I thought it might seem like a too far fetched idea, and an odd sudden request from someone you barely know, but I promise it's not just a pipe dream!" It was far more pleasing to start something with someone who understood how important it was. Looking at the time she gasped. "Oh! I have a song I need to finish writing and turn in by tonight. So I should stop relaxing so much." She got up with about half her coffee left, still in her hand. She had always been a slow drinker. "I'll message you?" She wasn't normally a believer in fate. But if Luke had never ran over to her and Zara, she wouldn't have met Sam, and she wouldn't have been under the right circumstances to suggest starting a shelter.
She normally dreaded conversations with strangers, but she somehow felt this one wasn't long enough.

Samuel (Sam) Nightlock

"Then, if I'm in a pinch with Zara, you wouldn't mind me calling you for some advice? Lines at the vet can take forever. And then they charge you so much for a simple check up."

Sam gave her a smile, "Of course. You can always give me a call. Here let me give you my number." He got up from his seat and walked over to one of the Baristas and asked for a pen. The same woman from earlier smiled and gave it to him happily. Taking a napkin, Sam wrote down his number and apartment number. Handing back the pen and paying for the drinks, he walked back to Saren, "Here you go."

"Thank you so much. I thought it might seem like a too far fetched idea, and an odd sudden request from someone you barely know, but I promise it's not just a pipe dream! Oh! I have a song I need to finish writing and turn in by tonight. So I should stop relaxing so much. I'll message you?"

"Pipe dream or not," Sam started, "I'm just glad to have my education help you out as much as I can." He took his empty drink as she remembered her deadline. When she mentioned that she would message him, he nodded with a smile, "Anytime. It was nice to meet you Saren."

Interacting: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
Mention: N/A​

[font=Special+Elite]
Nicholas "Spook" Sterling​
[/font]

full

Having selected enough for lunch and dinner, Nick waited in line, face nearly blank from boredom. As a celebrity, he wasn't exactly used to waiting. Usually, people would drop everything to make sure he got what he wanted when he wanted it. The real world was not so kind, and he'd nearly forgotten after a year or two of life in the fame bubble.

After what felt like an eternity, he received his order and left a tip as always, which was only fair considering his bank account.

On the way out of the building, Nicholas noticed the girl he'd talked to earlier with a man he didn't really recognize, on what almost appeared to be a date. The teenager frowned, feeling a creeping sense of prickly bitterness fill his chest. Spook hated love, and love hated him. He wasn't jealous or anything, he just didn't understand the point. Not after... ugh, he really didn't want to go there.

Keeping his head down, he let a fringe of glossy raven hair conceal an icy glare as he shoved past the door.

Nick made it back to the apartments without any further drama, his mood marginally improving. He tucked the package (which mainly consisted of desserts if he was being completely honest) under his arm as he waited for the elevator, mumbling some of the lyrics he'd thought up recently.

Mentioned: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Last edited:
Time Skip
Time Skip!
(It is currently 6 PM on Thursdays. This is a 3 hour time skip.
This might only last a few days before the upcoming day skip.
So it's okay to not interact with anyone since this will be
short compared to the previous time skip.)

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Genjiomnom Genjiomnom Monster Lady Gay-Gay Monster Lady Gay-Gay MitoIsMe MitoIsMe Princept Princept Profoundcactus Profoundcactus
Quillicious Quillicious lonecoyote lonecoyote Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai spookie spookie

• Eleanor (Ellie) May
    aa5b8c1ba7ccbbbd84c5e6de83692cee.jpg
    After what happened earlier with Val, Ellie couldn't sit still as she had dinner with her family. Everything they were telling her seemed to not make an impact. Now she was just thinking of ways to help. Eli and Val were very much her friends, and she couldn't help be worried for them. "Eleanor," she finally snapped out of the head as her Uncle called out to her, "Is everything all right?" She just smiled at him and nodded, "Yeah, I was just thinking about something. Nothing to worry about."

She kept her smile on, even though she couldn't help the pit of regret from the small lie she told him, but she couldn't involve his Aunt and Uncle in affairs of others. This was something she needs to keep to herself and figure a way to help. She soon excused herself from the table and headed to her room. The weather all day was so nice, but the wind was cold tonight. She grabbed her hoodie and called out,
    "I'm going to walk around the back! I won't be long!"

Ellie didn't wait for a response as she closed the door and headed out to the back. There were some of the residents around the pool and dog park but she avoided them. She sat at one of the many benches that lined the cement path, and just stayed there in silence. For a good while she tucked her head on her knees as she pulled her legs close to her chest, but then she looked up to the sky. Clouds were hanging around in the sky, they reflected her current mood.
    "I wish I could be helpful..." she sighed.

Interacting: N/A
    Mention: Princept Princept

Tobias Ashikage
ggsFJY
Tobias had an enjoyable conversation with Flor and Statton earlier, two new potential friends. He had gone up to his room afterwards. He wanted to place down the newspaper he'd been carrying around. He had put on a green sweater jacket so he wouldn't be cold when he went for a walk. Before leaving his apartment, he looked to a picture on the nearby shelf. He said his mantra, I'll be a better person today. With a sad smile he left, ready to make good things happen.

Tobias had made his way near the dog park, exchanging friendly smiles and waves with people he passed by, when he noticed a girl on a bench. She was curled up in a sad little ball, so Tobias approached her. He sat quietly on the bench, though not to close as to creep her out. He said in a gentle voice, Hi there young lass, I'm Tobias, and I seem to have gotten lost. Tobias would have adopted a confused look to go along with his story. He knew most of the time, people liked helping older people, and was one of his favorite ways to start conversations.

Current Events Sitting with Ellie on a bench near the pool area. KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Eleanor (Ellie) May
Eleanor was so focused on looking at the stars, that she didn't mind the looks or whispers that everyone was making from seeing her in this state. Plenty of the residents knew of Ellie due to working at the cafe, which allowed her to help behind the desk when her Aunt and Uncle needed her. She can help around the complex, but can't she help those she loved the most.

"Hi there young lass, I'm Tobias, and I seem to have gotten lost."

Ellie looked to her right, jumping at the sudden voice beside her. She placed her feet off the bench and cleared her throat, trying to get read of her sad tone,
"Nice to meet you, Sir... but how can you get lost when this area is a walled out in the area of Suncrest..." She gave the man a smile and recalled the older man, "Then again, you also live here. Not sure if you remember my name, but I'm Eleanor, but everyone calls me Ellie around here."

Interacting: Genjiomnom Genjiomnom
Mention: N/A

Tobias Ashikage
ggsFJY
This was Tobias' favorite part. He heard all he needed. He prepared his voice, ready to mimic the girls' with near perfection. In Ellie's voice, he said, Oh, I just meant I was lost on the path of life. Tobias' face and hand gestures would get more and more exaggerated as the conversation went on. I was drifting the winds of life. Meeting new people and making friends. Then, all of a sudden, tragedy struck! Tobias would end this sentence in a dramatized version of Ellie's voice, his hand clenched in a fist near his chest for dramatic effect.

Tobias looked up to the most likely confused girl. He let out a laugh, back in his regular voice, trying to make it as contagious a laugh as he could muster. As he calmed down, he looked at Ellie, his usual warm expression returning, his voice taking on a relaxing tone. So, lass, what tragedy struck you today? He rested his hand on his cane as he listened to the girl.

Current Events Still sitting on the bench outside the pool area with Ellie. KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Eleanor (Ellie) May

Eleanor tried to keep her face as straight as she could, as she listened to Tobias talk. When he brought up her recent food, the smile left her face. "It's not my place to talk about it..." she offered, "I don't think it's my place to be sad about, even, but I just want to help them. It's the least I can do to them, they are like my friends."

She took one more deep breath as she looked down to her feet. Ellie had her hands on the bench as she stretched out her legs in front of her.
I guess I should just be there if they need me... she thought to herself. Letting out a light laugh she looked at Tobias and thanked him, "Not sure if you meant to make me feel better with that, but it helped. Thank you."

Tobias Ashikage
ggsFJY
Tobias was put off a little by Ellie's reaction. Without time to research his targets, there's no real way to determine the right thing to say or do to get the reaction he wanted, all he could do is work from probabilities. Usually though, imitating a female with exaggerated gestures gets a chuckle, or at the very least some shock, but there was nothing from this girl. He figured she must really be down in the dumps.

Tobias let out a half-hearted chuckled. Well, that performance usually gets some type of reaction, but I can see you're really down in the dumps. He figured he'd switch up his tactics, maybe opening up about himself would help to ground her. Tobias leaned back, taking a deep breathe. He stared into the sky, speaking out into the air. My beloved died a few years ago. Her birthday is coming up. I've gotten reservations at her favorite restaurant every year since.

Tobias turned to Ellie now, a somber smile on his face as he brought up memories. This year that day was booked, so I got it a little early. I always get a reservation for two, in memory of her. Tobias smiled a little more. I wouldn't mind some company though, if you'd care to join me? As a gentleman, it's my treat of course.

This act was easy for Tobias. He had been lonely since Karen, his beloved, had died years ago. It's also true that he had been going to this restaurant. He goes every year with a reservation for two, yet shows up alone. He orders for himself, and orders Karen's favorite entree as well, leaving it behind when he pays. It was easy for him now, to look vulnerable, because this wasn't information he really shared much, though he was just trying to do right by Karen, like she wanted him to.

Current Events Still sitting on the bench with Ellie, outside of the pool area. KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Eleanor (Ellie) May

Ellie looked at Tobias, and she could see the love he had for his late wife in his eyes. Straightening up, she answered, "I'm sorry to hear that... I can understand the loss of a loved one... That is also why I couldn't take up your offer, to dinner. I would feel like an outsider to the moment you have with her in spirit." The thought of her parents came into mind as she tried to recall everything she used to do with them. To think that they've been gone for almost fifteen years now, she told herself, I still feel them with me.

"I tend to keep my time with my parents within the family. Just me and my parents," she clarified, "So, I don't think I join you when I can't seem to allow anyone join me with them. I hope you understand." Ellie offered him a broad smile and then got up from the bench, "I should head back, don't want my Aunt and Uncle sending the Suncrest Residents to look for me. It was nice talking to you, Tobias."

~Ian Lassiter~
Mentioned: Magical Squid Senpai Magical Squid Senpai

large.jpg
Ian had almost choked on his pie when Adelaide mentioned being the agent of a model. I was in a model's apartment. Eating pie that he'll probably eat later too. Damn. He was really touching multiple sides of life today. He ha left rather abruptly upon hearing a model may return at any moment. Ian had always imagined models to be very narcissistic and selfish. So, he wasn't exactly feeling up to the conversation of why he was in the apartment eating pie in the first place. But, somehow based on the woman's personality, Ian couldn't imagine the model being very snarky. But who knows? Ian wouldn't. Not today anyways. After thanking the woman he left to return to his own apartment. Nothing else could possibly go awry if I remain cooped up in here. He figured.

Warren had questioned his whereabouts after he pointed out the scent of something sweet from his clothes. "Girl's perfume?" Upon which, Ian had replied with a wink, "A girl invited me into her place to taste something yummy." He remained hovering in between his door and room just long enough to watch Warren's face flush red. Releasing a playful laugh, Ian finally disappeared into his room. The joke finally crumbled as Warren growled from outside the door, "Ian!!! Don't tease me like that!" Sorry, but I'm not the type to simply stop because someone tells me too. Because Ian wouldn't stop until it wasn't funny anymore, which, hadn't happened so far. His little brother was just too darn gullible.

Sitting at his computer desk, he tried to get down to business, but his cats were simply too adorable as they laid on his bed, so he succumbed to the urge to cuddle with them.

~Saren Hyatt~
Mentioned: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint spookie spookie

The young woman was laying face down on her computer desk, Zara dozing off on her bed. Why is this so hard...Right. She knew why. The first part of the song was about not being able to protect someone you love, and losing them. While the last part of the song dealt with the person in conflict, coming to hate themselves as well as the feeling of love in general. How does someone feel after losing someone they love? Saren had browsed through the web, but only found a ton of stories of people who had been cheated on. It was something Saren wanted to ask Sam about, but she felt like she might dig up some unwanted memories with how adamant he was on the protection of his family. Speaking of Sam...She removed the napkin from her short pocket and flipped it over with her fingers. She hadn't messaged him yet. Would she be interrupting something? Well, if he's busy he'll just reply later. She decided, as she took her phone from the counter and typed in the number with the following message:

Sam
me
Hey Sam ^.^ Thanks again for today! I look forward to working with you. Hopefully I typed your number in correctly and I'm not messaging a random person x.x

Setting the phone into her pocket she let out a short sigh. Will I really be able to organize this? Most shelters ran off of volunteer help, but how many people would actually help? Wouldn't she essentially be competing with other shelters?? Gah....there i go. Thinking about everything but what I am supposed to be thinking about!
Saren glanced towards her door. I wonder if Mr. Spook Lord is home. Maybe I can ask him for some help on these lyrics. He was with that girl earlier....maybe he's experienced in that field??? She got up to pursue the idea, until she remembered the dark aura he was emitting in the cafe the last time she saw him. She was sure if anyone entered within a foot from him they would drop dead. Oh...what if things didn't go well after all???! Would it be insensitive to ask him about it? In that case I should probably bring comfort gifts? Eh...what does one bring? Saren gazed around her room, and in her fridge. There was a small square shaped tiger cake within a pastry box. A gift from the client she had met with yesterday. Biting her lip in thought, Saren grabbed it anyways and headed out the door. Saren normally didn't eat dinner till very late at night, so she wasn't even thinking about devouring the cake yet.

Showing up at his door, she figured she should at least greet him with his proper name, but she completely didn't know it. *Knock knock knock*

Last edited:

[font=Special+Elite]
Nicholas "Spook" Sterling​
[/font]

full

Nicholas sighed, fingers hovering over the keyboard of his brand new, top-of-the-line laptop. It was proof that money couldn't buy creativity, really. The first song he'd been writing was excellent, and the second would be passable with some editing later on.

This one, however... ugh.

He slammed it shut, not bothering to move from his cross-legged position on his bed. Hey, it was comfortable.

He'd resigned himself to a night obsessing over imperfections, until he heard a knock at his door. Nick sighed, figuring either the paparazzi or a crazed fan had finally tracked him down.

"Just what I needed," he mumbled, getting up to look through the peephole before he called his security team.

To Spook's surprise, it was his neighbor, the girl he'd seen on a date earlier. He was more than a little confused, but opened the door anyway.

"Yeah?" he asked, looking her up and down as though he expected a rather good explanation.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Last edited:
Samuel (Sam) Nightlock

After a very intense interrogation, and getting yelled at by his mother and sisters, once James left. He didn't mind getting yelled at by them since he knew he was doing it for their own good. His door was open as he waited for Nicole and Minerva to finish using the bathroom. Luke was laying halfway on him as he looked at the stack of textbooks that sat on his desk. Luke's head popped up when Sam's phone went off, telling him he had received a text message. He smiled at the text, as he pushed Luke off him to sit up. He recorded Saren's number and sent back a message.

Saren
them
Hey Sam ^.^ Thanks again for today! I look forward to working with you. Hopefully, I typed your number incorrectly and I'm not messaging a random person x.x
me
Hey Saren. You got the right number, and don't mention it. It was fun having Luke run into you and Zara, then I wouldn't be eyeing my Med Textbooks like they are my long lost soulmate.
me
Trust me it's a good thing.
He tossed his phone on his bed as he took one of the textbooks he thought he would never open again. A thin layer of dust was on the cover as he cleaned it off. "Hello old friend..." he sighed as he opened it up and began to feed his brain with the familiar words that he used to recall by memory. He was well into the first chapter when his mother knocked on his door, "I never thought I would see the day you would open those books on you own accord..." Sam smiled down at the pages as he laughed, "I guess I found a new hope to become a vet..."

Interacting: N/A
Mention: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

~Saren Hyatt~
Location: Suncrest Complex ~ Interacting With: Nick spookie spookie
Mentioned: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Maybe part of her was hoping nobody would open the door. But that didn't matter now, because the door did open. She was braced to be met with a more intimidating presence, but it seemed the man had calmed down by now. Or rather, he was always confused to see her. He had the same look when she went to apologize to him. Well, there was no turning back now. Saren's eyes glanced past him for a mere second. He didn't seem to have company. "Ah, I was wondering if you could help me on a song I'm writing. It's not really dark enough outside yet...so I can't really test out your city lights theory." She held up the box in her hand. "I brought cake." She smiled, almost wanting to laugh at how excitable she made having cake sound. She didn't even know if he liked sweets. "Right, I also haven't properly introduced myself. But I'm Saren." She looked at him a little expectantly, hoping he wouldn't just assume she knew his name like the millions of others. Maybe she should have researched this information, most would say. But she couldn't bring herself to do so. It wasn't as if he was a client that she was required to look up, so looking him up just felt a little invasive. To Saren anyways.

Saren's heart jumped at the sudden vibration in her pocket. Is that Sam? She would check it after she accomplished this current mission, getting on Mr. Spook Lord's nice side? Not to mention juggling cake and texting just seemed like a terrible idea. But the fact that he may have messaged back was a little exciting. She didn't get the chance to text often, as she mostly emailed her clients and such. She hadn't thought about it before, but as the thought of Sam and the shelter came up, so did the thought of asking Spook Lord if he would be interested in helping out. Saren could use all the help she could get. But what if he thinks I'm just using him? Or he hates animals and thinks its a stupid idea? What if he's allergic to cake??! Then I've already screwed myself out of any support from him. Hmm...how many people are allergic to cake? That's absurd right? No I guess not. Is Sam allergic to cake too?? Should I never bring cake as a gift ?! But its so good who wouldn't love it? Her mind was starting to spin all over again with pessimistic thoughts. For such a stubborn and strong willed woman, these pessimistic thoughts were quite ironic. It was the panic side of her she never let anyone know about.

Suddenly, loud noises and a flash of light brightly shined from Spook Lord's room. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with one hand. "Uhh....am...am I interrupting something??" Is he a wizard or something?? I don't think that was a normal sound...maybe aliens have just landed???!!

Last edited:
Tobias Ashikage
ggsFJY
Tobias smiled at Ellie. He could see she was kind, wise and considerate. He offered Ellie some parting words. Ellie, you're smarter than you think you are. You'll make it past whatever it is that troubles you, I'm sure. Instead of a wave, Tobias offered a smile as Ellie left.

Tobias spent a few minutes sitting on the bench himself. It was a good bench. He eventually stood up and, leaning on his cane, hobbled his way to the restaurant. He spent a pleasantly quiet evening in silence. He sat alone, a plate full of food occupying the space across from him, in one of the nicest restaurants Tobias has ever been in. Karen loved Italian foods, though Tobias was always a simple man, a sandwich always did fine by him. After finishing his food, he sat for some time in silence, remembering the past.

Current Events Finished conversing with Ellie. Walked to fancy 5-star restaurant, sat by himself. KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint
Sasha Thompson
Hj2XyQ
Sasha had finally finished the coding for her portal. This code would program a machine to open a portal into space-time itself. The metal framework, which she created with Pluto, would contain the rift, so it wouldn't spread, turn into a black hole, and swallow the whole world, so it was pretty safe.

Sasha pressed a single button, sending the program to the machine, which sent an electrical current into the metal frame. The electricity was audibly crackling, small explosive sounds popped off occasionally as the fabric of space-time was torn open. The portal was blue, and nothing could be seen through it. Lightning streaked viciously across the surface of the portal, sometimes even escaping into the air around it. Luckily this caused no damage to anything around. The portal took the shape of the rectangular frame.

Quantum physics made this possible, and she could coordinate her portal using quantum particles. Quantum particles have a unique property though, their exact state can't be observed until it's been observed, meaning there was no way to really predict their whereabouts. Sasha believes she found a way around this, and programmed it to send her to the White House to present it to the government. She stepped through the portal.

On the other side, the portal formed, taking the same shape as the original one. Bright flashes of light, the audible crackling of lightning and small explosive sounds could be heard there as well. When Sasha stepped through she saw a rather fantastical room. Someone rich definitely lived here. All the furniture was modern in ways. Lots of dark colors too, definitely not the White House, unless the President redecorated. It was a little messy though, and definitely needed some cleaning.

There was no one here right now, and Sasha didn't bother to call out to see if anyone was elsewhere. She didn't like the messy room, so she started to clean, that was definitely the most important thing Sasha had to do right now. She started piling things in order, though not putting them away in their proper spots. Papers needed to be piled and clothes needed to be folded.

Picking up a pair of black socks, Sasha realized she was barefoot. She normally was, even when walking around the complex, but she doesn't even know if she's in the same country anymore. She thought to herself, though her thoughts weren't so secret, I sure hope I'm not in Russia or Canada, it's cold there. I'll need socks. This person didn't even put away his underwear in it's proper place, in a neat pile next to the socks, still on the floor. Much better.

Current Events She created a portal to Nicholas' room, and is currently folding his clothes. NyxNightmare NyxNightmare spookie spookie

Felix Oliver Rose
09c5649a33ba4707ab8710b1daf104aa.jpg

In the three hours that followed helping Lexi with her groceries Felix accomplished a lot. After stowing his bicycle and giving Jasper some quick pets he rushed off to the store, still in his work clothes. There he bought the necessary supplies to host an actual dinner party, like the most important part of the party: the FOOD. The remaining time was spent trying to keep Jasper occupied whilst he cooked the delicious meal. By the time 6 o'clock rolled around the food was about ready, set low on a simmer to keep it warm and not over cook it. While he waited for his guests, Felix changed from his filthy work clothes into something more fitting for a fancier dinner party.

As he finished changing a sharp knock at the door echoed through the modest apartment, drawing him to the door. Dressed in a fine, light green button down shirt and black dress pants Felix opened the door with a slight flourish, standing aside to let Lexi in. His hair teased and combed into something less messy, he smiled, gesturing with his hand towards the apartment as Jasper meowed gently behind him, poking his head around Felix's leg. "Welcome! I am so glad you could make it Lexi! Please, come on in. It is good to see you as well Samson!"

The apartment, while on the smaller side, was decorated rather nicely, the furniture plan laid out well. The apartment opened into a wide living area combined with a dining area. To the immediate right was a mostly modern kitchen, the appliances updated to models that only came out a handful of years earlier, with smooth white granite counter tops wrapping around so that in exchange for a smaller kitchen entrance there was much more counter space, accompanied with a breakfast bar. The seats made of a strong brown wood, cushioned with a plush black seating matched the four person table that sat next to the window straight across from the entry, a simple brown vase with sunflowers set in the center. The walls were painted a soft blue, with a cloud white trim, the lights from the city out side the window shining gently on far right wall. Sitting in the center of the room, facing the wall away from the bedroom was a soft looking red couch, with a brown Lay-Z-Boy angled to face the television that sat on a simple entertainment system. Between the couch and television was the dark wood coffee table, a couple cheap romance novel scattered about on in, as well as a box of tissues and a small, well cared for bonsai tree.
To the left of the entry was another entry, leading to a small, tidy office area. An expensive looking chestnut desk sat on the opposing wall, a high tech laptop opened and dark, giving off the occasional glow, indicating it was still on. Cat toys were strewn across the floor of the study, and on top of the three filing cabinets that lined up near the desk. Next to a small, open chest sat a newly cleaned litter box, not smelling as horrible as most litter boxes. Across from the balcony sliding door sat a impressive bookshelf, filled with books of various size, thick and thin.

Mentions :: Interactions :: Location Mentions: N/A
Interactions: KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

• 32e9c47e7cabcc1b82949881a3438797.gif

"What? I'm going to Dad's place early?" The boy had been sitting at the dining table, finishing up his homework.
    "Yes. Though it may be longer than just the weekend. Is.." His mother trailed off, but regained her composure. "Is that alright with you?"
    Charlie stared in slight confusion, but nodded. "Yeah! I like staying with Dad."
    Thirty minutes later, Elias received a text that Charlie would be arriving in about an hour.

• Eleanor (Ellie) May
    Eleanor smiled and walked away as she waves goodbye to Tobias. She felt a bit better, but that left once she found Eli at the lobby. She hesitated at the crossroads in the lobby, to either head back to the apartment or talk to Eli. Taking a deep breath she approached Eli, in determination and took a seat beside him. She didn't say anything at first but then spoke out, "I'm not sure what is going on, but if you ever need help from me. It doesn't matter how big or small it is, I'll always be there to help you, Val and Charlie."

Ellie turned her body to face him a bit better. She placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a bigger smile. Then she let out a light laugh and continued,
    "Don't worry about being a bother because I will make sure to hunt both of you two down to help out!" Giving his shoulder a light pat, she gave him one more smile and got up from the bench to head back to her apartment. "Good night," she called out once more before she took a step away from him.

Interacting: Princept Princept

Ollie sneezed. "Aw, man! My house!" Lying on his side on the floor, he had one hand propping up his head with his elbow against the wall. In the past several minutes, he'd been working on the biggest project of his week: a house of cards. Now, it was all ruined because someone had to be allergic to dust. Body, you suck. I would fire you, but that's probably suicide. With a sigh, Ollie rolled over on his back, his hand blindly grabbling for the beer on the coffee table. He didn't bother to put it to his mouth, the contents flowing freely down, some of it hitting its mark and some...not so much.

At least he had the neighbor to keep him company. Through the walls. For the past-Ollie checked his watch-two hours, there were strange noises originating from some room on his floor. Just recently, everything quieted down, but there was some electrical sound before it did. Ollie prided himself in his above-average hearing, and he had to admit that he really didn't have any idea what the hell that person was doing. Wait...my door's open. Oh, whoops. Making labored noises as he rose, Ollie stumbled to the door. As he stood there for a little while, staring down the hall, debating on whether or not to finally introduce himself to anyone else that lived in the building. He glanced back into his room, taking in the instruments along his wall, the beer bottle glaring at him, all of his possessions. They were all cheap, material things that Oliver thought could cover the void, the gaping hole in his chest that was slowly, surely corrupting his soul. The jokes, the laidback attitude, the...alcohol. All a facade. He needed something to fill his emptiness, not just slap a bandage on it and give him a lolipop. Booze was a mere...temporary fix. Ollie was just standing in the doorway during this exisetential crisis? Deep mental revelation? Push over the edge of insanity?

I hate Thursdays...

What I gonna do with my life? I can't keep earning my living from Tapas coins, right? Maybe I should get a real job. Lewis sat at his computer, simply eating the pasta he had made and yet these thoughts were what came up. The thoughts of the future and his journey to adulthood. That word, adulthood, it made him feel so confused. He didn't know how to feel about such a thing. It can't be bad. Becoming an adult provides many opportunities and it means he can have some privileges. But it doesn't feel good either. His childish side will have to be hidden and he shouldn't love video games as much as he does. Could it be that he should start transitioning into professional art? Abandoning his cartoon styles for realistic one, all in the name of adulthood.

Releasing a hum, Lewis placed his fork inside the empty bowl of pasta. He'd have to elaborate on this very topic before bed. Now was the time for relaxation and first person shooters. Getting up from his seat, he slowly walked to the kitchen sink. After placing his bowl and fork into it, he lazily waltzed back. There was only a brief moment of hesitation as he slipped on his headset. It's only one year into adulthood, I think I can play video games for a few more years. Plus, who doesn't enjoy shooting other people?

A part of Lewis said that getting into a competitive match as a hero he's only played two hours of, was a bad idea. But the other part, the part that was all giggly and talked to his group members, told him that it'd be really funny and he couldn't be that bad. If he put hundreds of hours into this game, he couldn't be that bad, right? Well like most of his risky games, the round ended in defeat and a only a moment of despair. The rest of the games were just messing about and trying to have as much fun as possible. If adulthood would mean an end to this, he'd better be a kid til then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back