• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Suncrest Complex

Start

KarenAKAMint

It's not me until I pull on a few heartstrings.

Suncrest Complex

42f7f123370e96cac49180882c2ba6d5.jpg
Suncrest Apartment Complex - Thursday Morning

The sky was cloudless and slowly turning blue, as the sun crept over the cliffs south of the building. Spring had just come to Seaside and the weather was slowly becoming warmer, welcoming the beachgoer to enjoy the soon to be warmer waters. Today seems like it would be a good day, and ready to welcome the Seasider into their day.

It was like any morning in the complex. Slowly the Main Floor is just beginning to wake up. The Landlord’s Mr. and Mrs. Whitefall were beginning to unlock the computer room, meeting rooms, gym, and spa. The Cafe followed suit as they began to get the barista station ready for the day. The world outside was also coming to life as the previous nightlife was finally coming to an end, just for the time being.

The front desk’s bulletin board held several flyers with upcoming events and notices from fellow residents. The Cafe staff were finishing up with cleaning the glass windows and doors, before opening up the shop. Even with the doors, closed, you can make out the fresh scent of baked pastries and bread, along with the rich aroma of different brands of coffees and teas. The day has started and everyone is ready to go through their daily life.

Current Time - Thursday, 0700 [7 am]
Current Weather - Sunny [68 degrees - 59 degrees]
Upcoming Event - Friday Movie Night [At the Pool and at the Cafe]

Suncrest Locations - References for your use.

OOC | CS | IC | EIC

Apartment Maps
full

Last edited:

• Eleanor (Ellie) May
    aa5b8c1ba7ccbbbd84c5e6de83692cee.jpg
    The light, relaxing chime of Ellie’s cell phone alarm, slowly woke her from her slumber. She stretched for a while as she stayed under her covers and the alarm still continued to chime. Flipping her android over, silencing the phone as it allowed her to listen to her surroundings. It was faint, but she could still make out the sound of her Aunt and Uncle making their way around the apartment.
    Pushing her covers off her, she made a beeline to her ensuite and began to get ready as fast as she could. After a quick shower and changing into her blue barista uniform, she began to exit her room. The brightly light apartment unit she shared with her Aunt and Uncle was always changing due to her Aunt Marion’s need for change.
    “Morning, dear!” her Aunt called out to her.
    Ellie smiled at her and called out as she continued to head to the front door, “Hey, Aunt Mari! Got to go, I have an early shift today, at the Cafe. I’ll be back around for lunch time! Bye!”
    Without an another say, she jogged around the corner, heading toward the front doors of the Apartment, waving at her Uncle as he talked to the front desk woman, Ms. Nightlock, that smiled at her kindly and entered the Cafe. She was greeted by the staff as they cheered for having her arrive to help out. Here, they say the job as helping each other, as they all made it fun for not themselves but the guest as well.
    “Ellie!” they all called out.
    “Hey, guys! Here as promised!” she announced as she caught the apportion that one of them tossed at her.
    Taking her spot behind the barista bar along with two others, and the rest in the kitchen as they began to make the pastries for the day. Any meals ordered was made as ordered, so they just knitted the dough as they waited. On the bar, there was already a long box, along with freshly brewed coffee in both coffee holders and a single one alone. Ellie could only smile at the sight of it, knowing too well who they belonged to.

Mia & Miya
odo0QkO.jpg

"Mia~. . . Mia." The familiar sister voice seemingly fluttered past Mia's ears, "Mia? I swear if you stay in bed again I am going to drown you. Wake. Up!" The blanket flew into the air like a magic carpet as Mia pulled the pillow over her face. It wasn't morning, just a few more hours. Please. "Up or puddle. You have a choice now!" The ever turbocharged Miya was already bouncing off the walls. "You have something to do today, go check the calendar."

"Ehrmmmm~ I'd rather sleep. . ." Mia said, turning back over, face down and ignoring Miya. "It's like. . . to early."

"It's 2 in the afternoon! Not really but it is until you get up!"

"Toooooo earlyyyyyyyyyyyyy~"

A disgruntled
'ugh' came from Miya as she strolled to the sink, turning it on for Mia to here. "For once I want to be responsible so I'm giving you 15 seconds to sit up." A cup began to fill, as another sigh came from Mia.

"If you do it, you're sleeping here then~" Mia responded, rolling to the other side of the bed with an unusually cheery tone for a sleepy person, "Choose wisely~"

"10. . . 9. . . 8. . . 7. . ." Miya began walking, the cup filled with cold, water. Ice cold, "I am not joking~ It'll dry. 6. . . 5. . . 4. . ."

Knowing Miya wasn't actually kidding, Mia moved a bit and raised her head up, the dark brown mat of her hair over her face. She pushed her torse up and blew her hair out of her face, staring at Miya.
"Okay, I am basically up. . . What day is it? And where did I put my glasses. . ?" She spoke softly, glancing around, "Are we going out today?"

Miya nodded and set the water on Mia's night stand, handing her glasses to her.
"I signed up for the mall today. We're going and you are getting a tan. That isn't from the computer screen." She put her hands on her hips as Mia cleaned her glasses with her night shirt, putting them on.

"Well I need a shower fist~ And like, time to wake up. I'm still tired."

"Your fault for staying up all night playing Overwatch."

"It is an art. It's my art."

"You are cute."

"I know~" Mia got up fully and stretched out, yawning. "Give me a few then. I am high maintenance~" She joked as Miya walked over to the office space, filled with Mia's games and such.

Miya raised an eyebrow as she examined it.
"You left your browser open with a bunch of crap on it. What's a tumblr?"

Mia froze in her tracks and slowly turned her head to look at Miya. Miya clicked the mouse on a link which Mia recognized instantly. She let out a small squeak and bolted across the room, closing the browser faster then she has ever moved in her life, red in the face.
"I-know-that-we-are-sisters-and-basically-the-same-person-but-sometimes-even-siblings-have-things-the-other-doesn't-want-to-know-about." She spoke rapidly and broken as a strand of her hair gently fell across her face.

"Geez, sis. Didn't know you had darker fantasies." Insert Lenny Face here.

"Shaddup!" Mia put her computer to sleep, now needing a password. "I'm taking a shower and we are going to your mall thing!"

Miya was laughing at the still crimson Mia, this happens all the time, where they tease each other on trivial things. Mia with her online activities (which is PG-13 I swear) and Miya with her insanely unrealistic dreams. It usually goes back and forth between the two, but all in good humor. They have never ever been actually mad at each other, nor think to ever be.

"Alright, I'll stop for now, just for you." Miya leaned back in the computer chair and checked her phone while Mia got cleaned up. It didn't take long, as Mia exited with approprite attire for the public: A black and grey striped turtle neck sweater with a par of dark jean shorts, her hair still wrapped to dry. She likes to air dry it.

Miya rolled her eyes,
"A sweater? Inside a mall? I'm sorry, sis, but you gotta open a little. Like, a sun dress would have been acceptable but a sweater?"

"I am reading at the book store, showing as little as I can to the public." Mia said, smiling back at her.

"But-"

"-I need to show actual skin and try to impress people? That's scary. I don't feel like it." Mia crossed her arms and looked down at her sweater, what was wrong with it?

"You are hostile today, M."

"But hey. I'm cute."

"Right. . ." Miya stood up. "Eh, screw it. I'll get you out of your shell somehow, but please at least wear like a crop or something. Not a sweater."

Miya herself sported her normal striped crop. Instead of the dull one her sister wore, it was red and a light pink. They usually matched styles. She also wore jean shorts, but these where lighter blue, not dark. Her hair was in a messy bun and make up was applied, but not too heavily. Just enough.

"Uh, you're bossy~" Mia said, walking back and changing shirts to her equivalent of her sisters. "Better?"

"Cute."

"Again, damn right."

The twins looked at each other for a solid minute without words, then began to burst into laughter for no reason stated. They have always had a good time together and this was their average morning, almost like it was a scene from a screen play, it happens so often. Most of the time they would just laugh, walking down the street at something not funny whatsoever. They were just good at life, so to speak. The community would know them as this optimistic and laid-back, knowing those two really have no problems with anyone or anything. They were the innocence of youth, coming from older folk and they knew that very well. In fact, they lived to uphold that, bringing joy to follow them everywhere they go. Mia would always be the sort of motherly figure to someone in need, helping kids at the park find their parents if they accidentally wandered too far or even playing with them on the playground. Miya would always somehow make people look to the bright side, knowing there is a tomorrow worth being apart of and that somehow, you can get over anything. That was just their vibes. They are good people through and through.

Their laughter subsided as they got up from whatever position they were in and walked outside their apartment, locking it behind them. They'd start to walk towards the elevator (which was conveniently just across the hall to their studio apartment) and press the button to go down to the ground floor. They were both having a conversation with each other about something at the mall, Miya looking very excited to go as Mia just smiled at her sister for being how she was. She was appreciative over Miya, glad they lived life together for all 20 years.

EDGAR AND DORIS Edgar emerged from his apartment with a wild Piiku on his head and a pancake dangling from his mouth. His hands were slightly dirtied from the fact that he'd spent all of the previous night building a chair....not to mention making a racket. Seriously, sometimes he wondered why the neighbors didn't complain. Maybe it was because he'd helped out with the barbecue last time. Or maybe he was just lucky. Shrugging, the tall man walked briskly through the halls, then down the stairs to the main floor, where, still the peculiar sight, he kept walking until he reached the Cafe; by then he had finished eating his pancake. Edgar sat down, adjusting his necktie, then full-on slumped over from exhaustion.

"Piiku~!" his bird chirped. That was the only word she knew to say, but Edgar was proud of her for it. Scooping her off of his head, he smiled slightly, patting her small, fluffy head.

"Yeah. Thanks, Piiku."

"Piiku~!"

"Oh, you noticed?" Edgar waved at his suit, chuckling nervously. "Yeah. I got an art curator coming over to look at my stuff."

"Piiku..."

"Yeah, you're right." A gloomy aura surrounded the tall, scary-looking man, causing a couple people to scoot away.

"....Is he talking to his bird?" someone whispered, just as Doris, his little sister, walked in after the night shift at the daycare. Yawning, she walked to the cafe, sitting next to Edgar.

"......Gmorning......"

"Morning, Dory. How was work?"

"Triplets."

The gloomy aura heightened; Edgar patted Doris's shoulder comfortingly.

".....Ah. That bad, huh?"

Only a nod from poor Doris, who leaned over, falling asleep on her brother. Edgar sweatdropped. Poor kid.

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint (in the area)

Eleanor (Ellie) May
Even as early as it is, the Cafe was filling up quickly. Ellie and the rest of the waitresses/baristas, did their best to keep up. When she was about to head for the next tables, Nancy turned me to the two siblings from floor 5. The gloomy aura was literally radiating off of them, but she couldn't help but smile at them. Ellie walked up to the two and asked, "Good Morning~ Would you two like anything to drink? A breakfast meal?"

Eleanor's smile never faltered as she waited patiently for their order. Even thought the aura around her seemed to feel overwhelming, Eleanor's happy one was enough to get her through to them. Then the sound of a little bird caught her attention. Her smile grew wider as she exclaimed the adorableness of the little animal, "Well, hello there~ Would you like a little treat as well? I'm sure we have some seeds out back or a fruit?"

TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit

Sasha had been up all night working on a new project. She believed it would advance knowledge in teleportation. She needed a specialized machine though to gather specific particles. She had spent all night creating a tube to transport these particles, it was several inches thick and made of PVC, and held various layers of materials inside. It also had a lip on the outside of the tube so it can be pinned to the wall. She had many sections for this already, including straight and curved pieces, and the final part, a special funnel made with copper wire, spiraled to make the funnel shape.

Sasha had spend the entire morning setting these up. One end was connected to a complex machine in her room. She used thumb tacks to pin the tubes to the wall. She continued in this fashion, pinning tubes to the wall and connecting each to the last. The tube lead to her door, outside, up the wall, over the doors of other apartments, all the way to the opposite end of the hallway. She had just a few more pieces to place. These pieces were strewn about around her feet, including the copper funnel piece.

Sasha realized there was a problem. She ran out of tacks. She connected the other tubes anyways, and held on the last funnel piece. It couldn't be seen, but the particle collection process has already begun. Sasha couldn't let go of the pieces though, otherwise it would stop, simple logic. She still needed tacks though. Dilemmas dilemmas. The funnel had access to the sky, so she was close to the edge of the building. She looked over the nearby railing and saw several people walking around. She called out, Any of you want to help me?

Most people looked up, and then continued on their way. They would have seen a woman with outstretched arms, struggling to hold four pieces of tube with just her two hands. A few gave a chuckle and walked on, though it looked like one or two might be heading up these stairs. Sasha didn't hold out hope though, it's likely they are just going to their apartment. She figured she would stay like this for two hours before giving up, in the hopes someone would help. That seemed like a reasonable amount of time.

EDGAR AND DORIS
The brother-and-sister pair looked up when they saw Ellie; Doris smiled shyly while Edgar's brow creased so it was his happy face, which was still a poker face but definitely not an intense glare. Piiko chirped her name to the world again before Doris started with her order.

"Oh! Uhm....I'll have a chocolate chip croissant with a medium iced chai and a pancake and orange juice...." she stammered, twirling her corkscrew curls with her index finger. It was something that she usually did on an impulse, usually when someone approached her. People were either nice to her or mean to her, but luckily Ellie was a nice person. Edgar then took his order, which was smaller since he'd eaten earlier in the day.

"Large iced coffee, two pumps of classic," he said simply.

"Piiko!"

Edgar couldn't help but let a tight-lipped smile slip.
"Yes, Piiko. Piiko here will have two small strawberries."

The bird looked satisfied by that, soon climbing onto her master's arm and nesting into his unkempt black hair. Edgar patted her head again as she let out another soft "piiiiiko". She was a sweetheart.

KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Eleanor (Ellie) May
"Oh! Uhm....I'll have a chocolate chip croissant with a medium iced chai and a pancake and orange juice...." the pink haired female ordered, as Ellie wrote everything down.

"Large iced coffee, two pumps of classic," the stern young man ordered and paused as the little bird called out, "Yes, Piiko. Piiko here will have two small strawberries."

Ellie nodded as she finished writing everything down, "Alright~ I'll have your orders ready."

Smile still on her face she walked into the kitchen and relayed the order. As they made the meals, she busies herself at the Barista Bar getting the drinks, and ringing up several other orders. Once the meals were finished and plated. She places the two drink on the tray and headed back to the table. "I have a chocolate chip croissant, a pancake, Orange juice and a medium Iced Chai, for the Pink Haired Lady," she announced as placed down her meal, and did the same for the young man, "Large Iced Coffee, with two pumps of classic, for the young man. Last but not least, two small strawberries for the Loverly Canary. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to call me over."

Ellie bowed her head slightly and returned to taking her rounds around the cafe. Taking orders, and managing the Barista bar as more and more early computers were entering the cafe. Whenever someone new came in, she would look up and greet whoever entered, never allowing her smile to falter. To some would think her job was hard to keep up with, but it was fun for Eleanor as she continued to work her charm and skill as a barista.

Mia & Miya

The elevator dinged and the door slid open as the two twins stepped inside continuing their conversation through the entire time.

". . . All I wanted to say was that I wanted seafood but someone doesn't like it." Mia said, leaning against the elevator with her eyes closed. It was amazing she was still standing.

"And that's a good thing. It smells weird and I get cramps from eating it. Was glad we went to the steak house. It was so much better." Miya shot back, twirling in the elevator.

"Hnnnnng, I got food poisoning from that~ They didn't cook it all the way." Mia yawned.

"Your fault for ordering medium rare. I did warn you. Like, straight up."

Mia let out a sigh as the elevator hit the ground floor and opened to the lobby. It already looked to be a nice day outside so Miya started to drag Mia by the arm through the front, giving everyone a wave as they passed, smiles on both faces. This as basically what they did everyday. Almost like a routine. Mia forced her eyes open and walked with Miya, still being tugged on. The people on the streets, enjoying the newfound sunlight from last night's life in the city put a bigger smile on Miya's face.

"Mia, it's like this is the first time I've seen the city! It's still as beautiful from when we moved here." Her eyes had stars in them as she sort of twirled outside. Mia, again just smiled at her. Even for being the youngest twin, she felt much older then Miya, and that's why she loved it so much. Her life was perfect the way it was, even if Miya did't take a few seconds to stop and just look around. Always in a rush, pulling Mia around with her.

"Mmm. I have to agree, today feels like a great day~ Are we spending the whole day out?" These two got today off for both of them. Peculiar Thursday, but that didn't matter. "I would love to sleep~"

"Ugh, fine. After we do what I wanna do in the mall, you can sleep. But it'll be fun. I promise. It always is!"

"That's more like it. I have like 17 hours I need to cat-"

"17?!" Miya was shocked as her jaw hung open.

Mia nodded and laughed. "17 on the dot."

Miya blinked a few times, then shrugged. "Well. . . Free day. Do what you want afterwards. I'm making friends today." She looked around as they continued down the street, then Miya's attention shifted. "I know what'll wake you up. Coffee! The Cafe isn't far, lessgo!"

Mia, again, followed Miya being tugged to their destination. The local cafe. The door was pushed open as the two twins walked in, still having a small side conversation. Miya and Mia at the exact same time and in sync, waved to the counter as they approached.

EDGAR AND DORIS
Edgar accepted the coffee, beginning to sip on it distractedly, all while thinking about the interview with the art critic. It was a rather intimidating thought; a professional looking over his art and determining if he was good or not. He began to sweat, but shook his head and took a deep breath, focusing his attention on Piiko instead. The bird flew down to begin pecking at the strawberry. Doris was happily munching on her food, her eyes closed in content. Life was good.

A moment passed, then they recognized a pair of twins from one of the upper floors. Both Edgar and Doris didn't know their names, but they definitely recognized the duo. Edgar looked curiously at them ad they waved in sync. It was almost kind of funny how they did so, and quite curious. Somehow, it gave him inspiration for a pottery project. He made a mental note to try something like that out sometime. In the meantime, however, he was going to answer the call of the wild Sasha, who he could hear calling for help. He abruptly stood up, heading in the direction of her voice, climbing up stairs to reach her, then, once he did, he waved calmly.

"You called?"

DrBezendrine DrBezendrine KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint Genjiomnom Genjiomnom

Sasha saw Edgar approach. She wasn't sure if he knew her, but she knew practically everyone's names. She's seen their names on papers or heard it in distant conversation, if she hasn't heard it from them directly. Sasha remembers quite a lot, and names are easy. It's been a few minutes, Sasha's arms haven't grown tired yet, but she was clearly struggling to keep the tubes up. They're at the edges of her fingertips, leaning against the wall.

Hello Edgar. Would you reach into my pocket? Sasha was wearing a grey and white speckled sweater that looks like it was made in the 1900s, and a yellow plaid knee length skirt. She was also barefoot, and almost on her tippy toes. This is normally what she sleeps in, and had prepared for bed last night, but never made it, since she got the brilliant idea for this project. In her skirt pocket would be roughly two-thousand dollars in cash, mostly hundreds. There's some money in there, would you go to the store and buy me thumb tacks? All of the ones they have? That should be enough. You can keep the change. She said this as if it were a normal thing to ask, and as if she were either handing over a twenty, or didn't know how much she had in her pocket. Though she knew, she always kept cash in her sleeping clothes.

Last edited:

[font=Special+Elite]
Nicholas "Spook" Sterling​
[/font]

full
Nicholas was up all night, and had spent most of the morning glaring at the sunlight and scrubbing glitter out of his hair. He'd been at a major party the night before, and had even met a few celebrities more famous than himself. Of course, the black-haired teen didn't care. Fame was a by-product of what he did, and he had no fondness for those who basked in it.

He had gotten up from his expensive leather couch reluctantly, one perfectly-manicured hand pressed to his forehead in hopes of stifling an oncoming headache. Nick trudged to the fridge and opened it moodily, before sighing and slamming it shut.

"A million in the bank and nothing in the house. Typical," he hissed, as though his Purple Toed tarantula Fluffy could understand.

Due to the fear of being recognized as Spook and his general dislike of crowds, Nicholas had avoided most of the public amenities. As he was too lazy to drive to a store, he figured he would pick something up in the cafe and cross his fingers that he didn't get swarmed like he had the night before.

Sliding on his headphones, he fixed his smudged eyeliner with an effortless flick of his wrist and headed out, being sure to lock the door behind him.

He caught the elevator, glad that he'd memorized the layout of the building despite rarely exploring it.

After a few minutes, he stepped out and headed toward the cafe, cringing silently when he realized how crowded the place was. Sighing gloomily, Nick wandered in and looked around, hoping he didn't stand out too much.

Last edited:
Saren Hyatt
687474703a2f2f6934392e74696e797069632e636f6d2f31306d713533742e6a7067
Light seeped in through the glass doors that lead out to the balcony. I should really get curtains...The young woman raised herself sleepily, her bangs restricting her view until she brushed them off to the side. It was a thought familiar to her mind. Every morning since she had moved here had been filled with the thought of buying curtains to block out the scourge called sunlight. It really dampened her mood. Yet, each day she failed to make a proper effort to buy them. Her headphones were a little lopsided on her head. She had slept in them once again. I should stop working so late....Another thought she failed to pursue effectively. Gazing over at the lump of fluff that remained at the foot of her bed, she shook her head and ruffled the ears of Zara. "You were supposed to wake me up at dawn babe! Awful alarm clock!" Zara seemed disinterested at her remarks as she stretched and wagged her tail, excited to be in the wake of her master. "Arf!"

Rolling her eyes, Saren kissed the pooch's cheek and swiftly changed into her usual home attire; dark gray shorts, a black shoulder-less sweater, her blue tank, and black knee high socks with black combat boots. Her headphones laced around her neck. She wasn't going anywhere today, so there was no need to dress fancy as she normally would for her clients. Saren had a deadline to meet today, and although she had worked on song lyrics till 2 am, there were some finishing touches she desired to make before sending them via email to the band members. It was decided. She would grab some coffee and cake downstairs before finishing. Saren never forgot to eat, and she knew keeping her stomach happy allowed her mind to flow more smoothly with ideas. She was about to walk out the door, when Zara came padding over and nuzzled her leg eagerly. releasing a sigh, Saren reached over to a nearby box full of bone shaped treats, slipped her hand inside and withdrew a tasty gift for Zara. Yelping happily as she took the treat into her mouth, she disappeared down the corridor. Saren never had to worry about taking Zara out to the bathroom, she had trained her to go in a litter box. But a morning treat had become the norm these days. "You'll get fat, we'll have to do extra laps in the evening." Saren warned as she unlocked the door, blew a kiss to her lovely and set off.

Saren didn't bother herself with the names of the inhabitants of the complex, well, nobody other than neighbors and staff. Knowing those were expected weren't they? So the woman pushed herself on being aware of people close to her. It was all too easy to close herself off from the rest of the world and live in the cyber world. After all, she was the woman behind all the magic in many bands, but not many saw her face stave from her online fan base. It wasn't as if paparazzi were on her heel 24/7. No, that kind of publicity was for people like her neighbor. Right, sometimes she kept forgetting she lived right across from the leader of a popular rock band. She had passed that starstruck phase, and quite honestly, she could be surrounded by popular superstars and only see them in a professional light. Though, the majority of famous people were completely different when it came to their personal life and their public life. She was quite sure they all harbored some sort of dark or embarrassing secret, none of which she bothered to investigate, not fully anyways.

Emerging from the elevator, her eyes scanned the already bustling cafe. How do people get up so early...I just got here and I already feel like I'm late to the party. Making her way to the line, a quiet whisper followed by giggles caught her attention. They were talking about a cute famous guy, and who should go talk to him first. Saren didn't know why she bothered looking at all, she should have already known. Following the girl's eyes to the dark figure, her mood was lit on fire. Before she even knew it, her feet had already made it halfway to him, earning gasps from the two girls. Oh, yes, she had a bone to pick with this guy. Finally she remembered why she never bothered interacting with him before. She had rode the elevator down with him once, just once. Some fans of his saw her emerge out with him, and pressed if she knew him. After letting it slip that she lived across from him, she had to endure three weeks of non-stop requests from fans to take secret pictures of him and such. Fortunately for her, after many threatening glares, she managed to scare many of them off her case.

Stopping in front of the guy, what was his name? Mr. Spook lord or other. "Are you stupid? Shouldn't you have body guards or something?" Her voice was quiet yet accusing, all her pent up annoyance pouring out with each syllable. However, as a few seconds passed, her anger melted. It was, and always would be hopeless. She couldn't blame him for being famous. "Nevermind...." It's not like he would remember making her life hell for weeks anyways. Staring at a shimmer in his hair, she raised her eyebrow. Is that...glitter??? She waved her hand off nonchalantly and left to go stand back in line, passing the girls who seemed to be waiting expectantly of the outcome. "It's not him." Saren shot in their direction, and the girls sighed a bit disappointed, though it didn't stop them from passing him off as eye candy. The less people that recognized him, the better.

spookie spookie

Eleanor (Ellie) May
As she checked out several customers, Ellie kept a watchful eye on the clients. She noticed the young man leave after a bit, leaving his sister behind to finish her meal. As soon as she noticed the Twins come in and taking a seat, Ellie called out to them, "Welcome, Mia and Miya, I'll be right over!"

Once she was finished with the customer she was currently attending, she swapped out with another barista. It was a routine now, really. She took out her pad and approached the twins, "Good to see you two up and about early in the morning! What can I get you?"

Eleanor stood in a spot where she was able to see the entire cafe, with all of their entryways. She noticed Spook come into the cafe, and Saren soon came after him. As she watched, Ellie continued to write down the order, as she kept an eye on the rest of the cafe. Once the order was written down, she walked back to the kitchen. As she did she caught several whispers about Spook, but kept her deminer calm as she continued to be professional about the whole situation.

DrBezendrine DrBezendrine spookie spookie NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

[font=Special+Elite]
[/font]

full

While he'd kept his head down and tried to blend in, it appeared as though his efforts had been for nothing. Nicholas rolled his eyes when he overheard a group of girls giggling and whispering to each other, but didn't look their way. He was used to the attention, and frankly bored of it. How people could claim to be in love with someone they'd never even met was beyond him.

It was only when a different girl approached him that he bothered to look up. Nick had really been hoping to avoid recognition as the worst thing in the world for a killer headache was screaming fangirls, but he was obligated to deal with them and would never disappoint a fan if he could help it.

Once she got closer however, it didn't take the famous teenager long to realize she was anything but a fan.

Her words took him aback for a moment, but he shrugged it off with his usual cool indifference.

"I may look young, but I'm well past the age of needing a babysitter. Besides, the goal here is to stay innocuous enough that the cameras don't show up."

He looked over his shoulder after saying that, afraid he'd somehow jinxed his luck and was being trailed by yet another nosy tabloid nobody. The last thing Spook's reputation needed was for his activities to go public, and the kid was still a bit disheveled from the all-nighter he'd pulled.

Shrugging once she left, Nicholas selected one of the more secluded tables and sat down, running a hand through his hair and sighing at the glittery mess.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare KarenAKAMint KarenAKAMint

Last edited:
Mia & Miya
odo0QkO.jpg

The twins looked at each other, then back at Eleanor, in sync of each other.

"Two Caffè Mochas, 2% milk." They both said in unison. At this point, it has become a common thing for them to speak and act like that in public for the people that knew them. It wouldn't be too weird at all. Their smiles were also the same as they then turned back to each other, Mia resting her face on the table.

"Y'know, if you would go to sleep like a normal human, you wouldn't be tired. Ooooh there's a thought." Miya teased, lifting Mia's head up to look at her.

"But it's my art. To be weird, socially awkward, and never sleep until I absolutely need to~"

Miya then placed Mia's head back where it was, a brisk 'thank-you' came from the face down twin as Miya leaned back to check her phone. Oh what a sight, these two.

Ian Lassiter
large.jpg
If it could be done, Ian would remain in bed forever. The only time he ever dared leave that room of his was on the command of others. More particularly, his brother Warren that often sent him on grocery runs. That's exactly what happened. "Ian! IIIIAAANNNN!!!" He could feel several points on his body being pressed into. His brother was everything opposite of Ian. Responsible, clean cut, and most of all, soft hearted inside and out. But that opened the door of opportunity for Ian to strike his non-existent manly ego. "With punches like that you won't even harm a bunny." His words were void of malice, only a bit raspy from his slumber. The "punches" halted, and he could hear nothing but silence. Yeah, he had gotten to him. As he heard footsteps leaving, he nestled back under the covers triumphantly. If he thought that was the end he was sorely mistaken. Several minutes passed, and Ian was about to fall under the spell of the sandman, when a stream of cold water made contacts with his head. Leaping up with a yelp, Ian shook the water from his hair, water droplets dripping down his face.

"Get up. I need you to go to the store and buy some more vegetables for tonight's dinner." Ian didn't bother protesting this time. Sure, his brother was weak, but he had his ways. For 13 years old, he had to give him props for being able to cook so well. He couldn't be annoyed. Even though his brother was essentially the guest here, sometimes it felt the other way around. Mumbling a "Whatever", He trudged out of bed, dragging the wet sheets into the laundry basket. As he slipped on a burgundy T-shirt and black jeans, his two cats came over to greet him with short, gleeful meows. Running his fingers through their fur to provoke purrs, his brother finally disappeared into the bathroom to take a shower. Slipping some converse on, he grabbed his wallet and set out.

Ian wasn't exactly one for coffee, but he figured he would buy a pastry or something, if just to catch a few glimpses of the pretty barista who worked at the cafe. He wouldn't ask her out or anything, no, not even compliment her. That was too out of his way. Just seeing her smile in the mornings was enough to satisfy him. Ian didn't like taking the elevators. There was just something about them that made his skin crawl. As he took the stairs, he saw a girl juggling some pipes and such. A guy seemed to have just walked up to assist her. As Ian got closer, he realized the girl's identity. She lived across from him, a real....odd ball. Everyone was odd to Ian, but this girl in particular was a can of surprises. He couldn't deny her secretiveness was enticing. She always seemed to be working on projects, there were far too many for Ian to keep track of. He had entered the conversation just as she mentioned grabbing some money out of her pocket. Taking some of the piper from her grasp as it seemed they would burst from her arms at any moment, Ian smirked playfully, "Geez, what are you up to now? Also, do you always trust others to buy stuff for you?" Surely she's not that naive?

Genjiomnom Genjiomnom TheHufflepuffRabbit TheHufflepuffRabbit

• Eleanor (Ellie) May
    It's barely going to be 8, and the Cafe was still in the morning rush. Orders from both sides of the counter were being called out as Ellie continued to work. As much as it was a fire hazard to have so many inside, it was getting harder to push them back to for a line. Hell, there was three groups waiting outside, either to get a spot at a table to just order a simple drink.

With a small break as she made the two Caffe Mochas, for the twins, she tried to zone all of the voices out of her mind. Once the drinks were done, Eleanor's smile returned onto her face as she maneuvered through the Cafe with the drinks. "Alright, ladies! Two Caffe Mochas with 2% milk. Call me over when you need the check or something else," she offered with a smile.

Leaving the twins to continue their conversation, Ellie tapped out the current cashier as I stuck to take out orders. "Welcome, Nicholas," she said out to the young man as he stepped up to the register, and kept her voice down when it came to saying his name too loudly, "What can I get you this morning?"

DrBezendrine DrBezendrine spookie spookie

[font=Special+Elite]
[/font]

full

As he wasn't familiar with the menu, Nicholas just shrugged. His voice was tired and he fussed with his striped scarf awkwardly, feeling decidedly out of place.

"If you have cake, cupcakes, cake pops... anything like that would be great. I'll also take a latte, extra cream and sugar."

Being as worn-out as he was, Nick figured it would be okay to indulge his love of all things overly sweet. It's not like he cared if his personal trainer was annoyed anyway. In fact, the guy deserved some frustration.

Stretching a bit, the black-haired singer glanced around at the small crowd, wondering what it must be like to be normal, whatever that even meant.

Last edited:
Eleanor (Ellie) May
"If you have cake, cupcakes, cake pops... anything like that would be great. I'll also take a latte, extra cream and sugar," she nodded as she took mental notes.

"Of course, the should be chocolate chip pancakes, ready to be served. I will have your order ready in just a moment,"
Ellie nodded and turned to make the drink. Lattes were her specialty, so it was done in no time. Placing the drink on the counter. As she thought, a stack of chocolate chip pancakes was ready to serve. Taking a few stacks of them, she placed them on a plate, not bothering the other bakers, as they continued with their task.

Ellie returned to Nicholas, with his meal, ready to be either taken from the Cafe or eaten here. "Chocolate Pancakes and a Latte with extra cream and sugar," she smiled at him. Once he paid for the meal, she turned to the next costumers. It didn't take long for to finally get through the rest of the rush, as Saren approached the counter. "Sorry for the wait, what can I get for you, Saren?" she asked as she waited patiently for her order.

This must be a new record. It's about to be 8, and the morning rush was cleared out. Of course, that leaves the current costumers still vacating the tables inside and out. But even them, that would be easier than working on the clock, in order to get through everyone. She just needs to keep it up will lunch time, when her shift would be done and she can head to the beach and hit the waves. It's not the best weather, to say the least, but it was getting warmer, which only registered in her mind as her chance to enjoy the ocean.

spookie spookie NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

[font=Special+Elite]
[/font]

full
Though his blank expression didn't show it, Nicholas was impressed by his order. It looked delicious, and while he hadn't been very hungry earlier, the idea of chocolate pancakes was quickly changing that.

"Thanks," he said, leaving a nice tip for the girl.

He decided to eat in the cafe, figuring anyone who was going to recognize him already had. As expected, the food was good, though the latte was even better.

While it hadn't cured his headache, Nick did feel revived. He wasn't sure how he'd spend the rest of his day, but he couldn't waste it catching up on sleep. There were lyrics and songs to write, and he doubted his band would appreciate slacking.

Last edited:
Saren Hyatt
proxy.php
Things seemed to fall back into place as she disregarded the presence of Mr. Spook Lord. She had a song to write! She was so absorbed in thought, swinging her hips gently from side to side trying to envision the beat the band might use for her lyrics that she almost didn't hear Ellie speaking. Ellie was an angel from the heavens. Nobody could quite master the art of coffee making like her. Being a barista really was an art. "Ah, Vanilla fig latte please. Throw in one of those vegan muffins too if you would." Saren wasn't vegan,but rather vegetarian. Still, those vegan muffins were the bomb. Everyone seemed to love this cafe, and it was especially hellish in the mornings if you were in a rush. Somehow, Ellie managed to keep everyone happy and business under control. Saren really admired her and the other workers for that. If only she herself could perform magic as such. Leaning against the counter a bit, she called to Ellie, "You make it look so easy! You should host a barista expo or something. I'm sure a lot of people would come to it." Of course, Saren didn't know that. But she was absolutely serious about it. She made a few atempts to smooth down her hair that appeared a little frazzled from waking up earlier. A sparkle of glitter flitted off of her hand and she cringed. She hadn't even touched that guy earlier but glitter had found its way to her. That's the way glitter worked, and exactly why Saren despised it. She patiently awaited her delicious breakfast, tapping her fingers on the counter to her mental melodies once more.

Eleanor (Ellie) May
"Ah, Vanilla fig latte, please. Throw in one of those vegan muffins too if you would," Ellie quickly began to Saren's Latte as she made her order, "You make it look so easy! You should host a barista expo or something. I'm sure a lot of people would come to it."

Ellie laughed at the thought of hosting a Barista Expo, "That would be an honor to do, but as long as I'm still at school, I might have to hold off. But trust me, It's not easy. Then again I have been doing this job for three years now, so it just became a part of me." Ellie places the Vanilla Fig Latte on the counter for her to take, and approached the pastry glass case. Taking a clear box from under the case, she placed a vegan muffin inside it for Saren. Closing the box, she finished the order.

"But I would love to have my own Cafe," Ellie smiled, "then again I would also need time to enjoy the beach, here and there." The thought of her own Cafe lightened her heart as she imagines it on the Beach Strip, where all those small businesses sat right at next to the beach. Weather would be an issue, but it is still the end goal for Eleanor.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Saren Hyatt

proxy.php
Hearing Ellie speak of her dreams made Saren wonder where she personally envisioned herself in the forthcoming years. Probably...just like this? She hadn't really thought of it. Simply enjoyed her musical life and work. She hadn't actually thought about how her life would be in ten years or so. Would she still be here by the seaside? Ellie made the beach sound like something sacredly beautiful. Saren couldn't understand it. If she had to be most honest, she hated large bodies of water. But, there was a sense of beauty in how the moonlight reflected off of the waves at night. Taking her latte and muffin and placing cash on the table, she smiled. "Well, your own cafe huh? I'll be looking forward to it. And don't worry I believe you. If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it. But I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses."

She was beginning to walk away, sipping the latte. The subtle bittersweet flavor was her favorite. It really calmed her nerves. So much that she figured she should go apologize to the guy from earlier for being so rude. She hated apologies. But what could she say? Coffee has the power to make people more forgiving than normal. Scouting him out at a lone table she made her way over, her eyes only briefly glazing over him. "Hey, sorry about earlier. I guess mornings are not my thing." Simple and short. Sounded about right. She turned to leave but hesitated, and turned to face him again, a perplexing gaze. "Ah, you're a musician. Is there anywhere around here that inspires you to write your songs?" She had her own places that inspired her most. But sometimes having someone else's opinion could spark some hidden gold.

spookie spookie

[font=Special+Elite]
[/font]

full
Nicholas had closed his eyes and was currently thinking up the beginnings of a new song when he heard someone approaching. Of course, he thought bitterly, I couldn't stay hidden for long.

He looked up, setting down his nearly empty latte. It was the girl from earlier. Oh, great.

She was... apologizing?

"Not my thing either, doesn't help that most nights I don't sleep anyway. It's fine though, I've heard worse."

Though he kept his words polite, the tone was cold and impersonal. A year ago, he would've insulted her back and stormed off, but he'd matured since then. Icy professionalism was required when cameras were everywhere.

He softened a bit at her next question, as discussing music was sadly uncommon unless it was with the other members of his band. Most people cared more about who he dated or how much he partied, it seemed.

"For me, it's the penthouse balcony. Watching the city lights just brings out my creativity. I also like sneaking down to the beach in the middle of the night, when there's no one around to interrupt my writing."

He wasn't exactly sure why he'd shared these things, but there was no going back now. She'd probably turn around and sell the info to a magazine or something... Nick had seen it all before. Still, he had to hope that wasn't the case.

NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back