• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Summer Nights ~ (FEW OPEN POSITIONS)

JustAlexandra

Mother of Tiny Lions
Summer Nights
So, this is an RP I have done in the past (so has many other people, might I add.) I really enjoyed it before, it was actually one of my favorites. Unfortunately, it went a bit too slow in the beginning and eventually died out with the site being taken down for awhile and all that (although it was coming to an end before anyways).

What I was thinking is a group of friends - all different stereotypes - are getting together over spring break. They have rented the most badass beach house they could afford, right on the beach! There will be drinking, partying, boys, girls, etc. You name it - it will be there. (Seriously, guys, be scandalous... within the site guidelines, ofc.)

So, to try to keep the RP going smoothly, I'm thinking of a few things that maybe I/you/we could do to keep the RP from coming to a halt.

1. Due Dates. For example, everyone must be in the house by X-X-XXXX. Hopefully this doesn't seem to harsh, but in the last RP there was a lot of waiting around for everyone to get going. I'm only going to be doing this with major events in the story. For example, if your characters are going to stay up all night talking to each other, that is fine, but at some point night must turn into day so your conversation will have to go on presumably off-screen, so to speak. (Not to mention due dates on CS's)

2. I have some plans for some beach - house drama, but I really need you to make your own as well! I won't introduce much of it on the first day of the spring break, so if you want to steal so - and - so's man/woman or talk shit or something, do it. It makes things interesting !

3. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO MAKE A RP-PROGRESSING MOVE. I found that a lot of people were too afraid to do anything to really make the time move forward in the RP. If you think you have a good idea/way to do it and it's a good time JUST DO IT. PLEASE.

4. I will be trying to come up with a bunch of activites/places/etc that are at the beach house in the first post, so that will help I'm sure.

5. I think it would be helpful to establish some relationships before hand. There will be roommates, there should be at least one pre-standing romantic relationship, there should be a best friendship, etc.

Okay, so that being said, here are the stereotypes there will be available:

The Jock - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY svadilfari)
The Prince - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY GiantSugarCake) (Must have a relationship with the Princess) *
The Princess - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY tiedyed unicorn) (Must have a relationship with the Prince) *
The Party Animal - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY ME)
The Innocent - (CLOSED; TAKEN BY Rock and Roll Boy)
The Druggie - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY maxilgal)
The Emo/Goth - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY spookie spook)
The Nerd - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY Lindah)
The Popular - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY TheCandyEmo)
The Artist - (OPEN)
The Class Clown - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY Cychotic)
The Skater - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY Heim)
The Cheerleader - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY Volfy)
The Gay - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY Yarrow)

** This doesn't have to be a healthy relationship. They can be shitty to each other and be with other people if that's what you want.

Obviously, some of these are somewhat similar. Think about this when you are choosing relationships (before and during RP). Not that the nerd and the princess can't hand a thing, but you know, just make it make sense. Also, others can have some of the same traits as others. Like, I assume a fair amount of you may partake in some drugs. That's fine, the druggie is just the guy everyone knows as the druggie.

Rules:
1. Minimum of one long paragraph per post. (7-8 sentences)
2. Be as detailed as you can be!
3. Minimum of 4ish posts per week. If you have some outstanding circumstance please send me a message so we can discuss.
4. There can only be ONE (1) of each stereotype as of right now. Once it's gone - it's gone!

designed by Fyuri

Last edited:
Summer Nights
So, this is an RP I have done in the past (so has many other people, might I add.) I really enjoyed it before, it was actually one of my favorites. Unfortunately, it went a bit too slow in the beginning and eventually died out with the site being taken down for awhile and all that (although it was coming to an end before anyways).

What I was thinking is a group of friends - all different stereotypes - are getting together over spring break. They have rented the most badass beach house they could afford, right on the beach! There will be drinking, partying, boys, girls, etc. You name it - it will be there. (Seriously, guys, be scandalous... within the site guidelines, ofc.)

So, to try to keep the RP going smoothly, I'm thinking of a few things that maybe I/you/we could do to keep the RP from coming to a halt.

1. Due Dates. For example, everyone must be in the house by X-X-XXXX. Hopefully this doesn't seem to harsh, but in the last RP there was a lot of waiting around for everyone to get going. I'm only going to be doing this with major events in the story. For example, if your characters are going to stay up all night talking to each other, that is fine, but at some point night must turn into day so your conversation will have to go on presumably off-screen, so to speak. (Not to mention due dates on CS's)

2. I have some plans for some beach - house drama, but I really need you to make your own as well! I won't introduce much of it on the first day of the spring break, so if you want to steal so - and - so's man/woman or talk shit or something, do it. It makes things interesting !

3. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO MAKE A RP-PROGRESSING MOVE. I found that a lot of people were too afraid to do anything to really make the time move forward in the RP. If you think you have a good idea/way to do it and it's a good time JUST DO IT. PLEASE.

4. I will be trying to come up with a bunch of activites/places/etc that are at the beach house in the first post, so that will help I'm sure.

5. I think it would be helpful to establish some relationships before hand. There will be roommates, there should be at least one pre-standing romantic relationship, there should be a best friendship, etc.

Okay, so that being said, here are the stereotypes there will be available:

The Jock - (OPEN)
The Prince - (OPEN) (Must have a relationship with the Princess) *
The Princess - (OPEN) (Must have a relationship with the Prince) *
The Party Animal - (CLOSED ; TAKEN BY ME)
The Innocent - (OPEN)
The Druggie - (OPEN)
The Emo/Goth - (OPEN)
The Nerd - (OPEN)
The Popular - (OPEN)
The Artist - (OPEN)
The Class Clown - (OPEN)
The Skater - (OPEN)
The Cheerleader - (OPEN)

** This doesn't have to be a healthy relationship. They can be shitty to each other and be with other people if that's what you want.

Obviously, some of these are somewhat similar. Think about this when you are choosing relationships (before and during RP). Not that the nerd and the princess can't hand a thing, but you know, just make it make sense. Also, others can have some of the same traits as others. Like, I assume a fair amount of you may partake in some drugs. That's fine, the druggie is just the guy everyone knows as the druggie.

Rules:
1. Minimum of one long paragraph per post. (7-8 sentences)
2. Be as detailed as you can be!
3. Minimum of 4ish posts per week. If you have some outstanding circumstance please send me a message so we can discuss.
4. There can only be ONE (1) of each stereotype as of right now. Once it's gone - it's gone!

designed by Fyuri
Just a question, who exactly are the Prince/Princess stereotype?

Just a question, who exactly are the Prince/Princess stereotype?

Good question, I have seen a lot of different takes on them.

I imagine them as like, the "star couple" of the school. Everyone thinks there meant to be, both probably wealthy, get prom king&queen, super popular, etc.
I've also had people take them as being super snobby bitchy people, which works too. Either I am fine with, or combined.

Good question, I have seen a lot of different takes on them.

I imagine them as like, the "star couple" of the school. Everyone thinks there meant to be, both probably wealthy, get prom king&queen, super popular, etc.
I've also had people take them as being super snobby bitchy people, which works too. Either I am fine with, or combined.
Ah, I see. If that's the case I would like to take the Class Clown. Are we allowed to have character secrets that are not confined within the stereotype? Like goody-two-shoes has a penchant for danger, etc?

Ah, I see. If that's the case I would like to take the Class Clown. Are we allowed to have character secrets that are not confined within the stereotype? Like goody-two-shoes has a penchant for danger, etc?

Hmm, it kind of depends. Goody-two-shoes and a penchant for danger are pretty severe opposites to me. Like you can't really be a goody-two-shoes if you're always off looking for danger, y'know? It really depends how you describe it I guess. Cause if you said goody-two-shoes always wanted to be dangerous but she never could out of fear then that would make more sense?

I'm not sure if any of that made sense. Maybe you catch my drift?

Hmm, it kind of depends. Goody-two-shoes and a penchant for danger are pretty severe opposites to me. Like you can't really be a goody-two-shoes if you're always off looking for danger, y'know? It really depends how you describe it I guess. Cause if you said goody-two-shoes always wanted to be dangerous but she never could out of fear then that would make more sense?

I'm not sure if any of that made sense. Maybe you catch my drift?
Ah yes, I understand. I think I made the wrong description. What I meant is that if the character did not stray too far from their stereotypes, will they be able to have different traits?

For example a party-goer who uses partying as a coping mechanism?

Oh, i remember this... I made a character but never really got to rp as something came up in my personal life and then the site went down.

If you're okay with giving me a second chance, I'd be interested in the emo (surprise surprise!)

Oh my! I am watching this thread but it didn't give me notifications that anyone had posted. Good thing I checked!

Okay so we've got Heim Heim as skater, wanderlost wanderlost as the artist, spookie spookie as the emo, eunoia eunoia as the princess (unless you want to fight for the artist. If you really wanted it you both can send me some of your writing and I'd choose) and Lindah Lindah is the nerd.

I will try to work on the CS template tonight :)

Ah yes, I understand. I think I made the wrong description. What I meant is that if the character did not stray too far from their stereotypes, will they be able to have different traits?

For example a party-goer who uses partying as a coping mechanism?

Yeah that's fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back