• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Summer Camp?? IC (Percy Jackson)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Selitia

The Lone Wolf

[div class=Text]
It's a sunny afternoon in Camp half-blood and campers of all ages were bustling about. Sparing matches, swimming, training and more was happening. It was the perfect temperature for any physical activity. A light breeze flows through the air as lunchtime approached.

[class=Text]
max-width:30%;
min-width:20%;
min-height:20%;
margin:8px auto;;center;position:relative;middle:100px;top:90px;
padding:10px;
background:beige;
border:3px solid white;
border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
-webkit-border-: 30px 3px 3px 3px;
overflow:hidden;
color:#313131;
text-align:left;
font-size:14px;
font-family: Verdana;[/class]
[/div]

• Claudine Suko
    original.jpg

[div class=Text]
    "Who. Touched. My. Weapons?" The daughter of aphrodite shouts pointedly, stopping after every word to emphasize her frustration. "How would you like it if I got one of the Hephaestus kids to completely deconstruct ALL OF YOURS?!" She continues to shout increasing her already loud voice at the three last words of her question. Claudine whipped the hair from her face to reveal a menacing smile. "Or I can simply do it myself." She stated, calm flooded her voice which only revealed her massive anger. "Let's not repeat what happened last year." She continued, "I'd hate to get the Aphrodite cabin in trouble again." She spoke with mock fright an amused smile tugging at the corners of her lips. She advanced forwards through her cabin wielding her bent daggers. "Will no one tell me?" She asks in a sickly sweet tone. "I'd absolutely adore whoever admits to this or tells me who did this." She held up her daggers a sparkle glimmered in her eye matching the shine of her weapon. "You had to have quite some courage to ruin property of mine." She spoke calmly but snarled the word "mine". The pink-haired girl stalks her half-sisters and brothers while walking through their cabin. "Did you forget who your cabin leader was?" She asks in a silky smooth tone. "I'd be happy to show you." She breathed out, an almost feral look fogged her seemingly multi-colored eyes.

When no one spoke up Claudine lashed out her patience running thin. "FINE!" She snarls. "I'll do it the hard way." She states. "If I don't figure out who bent my daggers by dinnertime no ones sleeping in this cabin. I'll see to that. OH, and, I'll be quite busy destroying property." She says with a sweet smile. "That's all. I do hope you all cooperate." With that said the daughter of aphrodite slips her daggers onto her belt, flips her hair behind her left shoulder and exits the cabin with a bounce in her step. Despite how she left, one thing was very clear, she was asbolutely pissed. The tense air around her was palpable and her eyes shined with feral intend. "Oh goody, more people to crush." She said with a bored yawn.

She was making her way over to the Hephaestus cabin to get her daggers fixed. They were one of the only cabins she genuinly got along with. She found almost all of the campers in that cabin to be agreeable and worthy of her kindness. Maybe i'll give the broken weapon pieces to the Hephaestus cabin. They could use them for something nice.

[class=Text]
    max-width:70%;
    min-width:50%;
    margin:8px auto;
    background:#fff;
    border:3px solid pink;
    font-family: Verdana;[/class][div class=Text]
    Tags: Anyone around
    [/div]
    [/div]

Last edited:

Elliot Young
36a5c2fbf92feef3a49a002940483f66.jpg

[div class=Text]
It had been a rough night for Elliot, just one of many in this crazy camp. Like most unclaimed kids he stayed in cabin 11 which was designated for Hermes kids, but as mention before unclaimed demigods also stay there. To call that old wooden cabin hectic was an understatement, kids were packed in wall to wall while some slept on bunk beds the rest sleep on the ground in sleeping bags. And Elliot was one of those unlucky kids.

He learned the first few nights that the Hermies kids like to play pranks, especially on the newbies and there wouldn't be a night without some kind of argument or fight. The transition from home to here was enough to give the poor boy whiplash, and at least a week's worth of sleep deprivation. But now it was daytime and Elliot could finally escape that crazy hole of a cabin, and thus he did.

Walking out of the old wooden cabin Elliot let out a yawn. He wore the usual camp goer getup, with the iconic Camp Half-Blood t-shirt with jeans and sneakers. His reading glasses hung from the collar of his shirt and his long black hair was slightly messy with bedhead. To be honest Elliot wasn't really sure what to do today, everything so intense here. He tried his hand at swordsmanship and archery and that went as well as you'd expect to come from someone who's never picked up either a sword or a bow. The lave covered climbing wall was also a little too much for him.

Elliot was so lost in thought that he didn't even notice a pink haired girl was storming right at him, he could tell by her eyes that she wasn't in a good mood, and he didn't want to feel her wrath.
"Sorry!" he said quickly, taking a step back to get out of her way.

[class=Text]
background:Grey;
border:3px solid Darkblue;
color:White;
Tags: Selitia Selitia
[/div]
[/div]

It had been a rough night for Elliot, just one of many in this crazy camp. Like most unclaimed kids he stayed in cabin 11 which was designated for Hermes kids, but as mention before unclaimed demigods also stay there. To call that old wooden cabin hectic was an understatement, kids were packed in wall to wall while some slept on bunk beds the rest sleep on the ground in sleeping bags. And Elliot was one of those unlucky kids.

He learned the first few nights that the Hermies kids like to play pranks, especially on the newbies and there wouldn't be a night without some kind of argument or fight. The transition from home to here was enough to give the poor boy whiplash, and at least a week's worth of sleep deprivation. But now it was daytime and Elliot could finally escape that crazy hole of a cabin, and thus he did.

Walking out of the old wooden cabin Elliot let out a yawn. He wore the usual camp goer getup, with the iconic Camp Half-Blood t-shirt with jeans and sneakers. His reading glasses hung from the collar of his shirt and his long black hair was slightly messy with bedhead. To be honest Elliot wasn't really sure what to do today, everything so intense here. He tried his hand at swordsmanship and archery and that went as well as you'd expect to come from someone who's never picked up either a sword or a bow. The lave covered climbing wall was also a little too much for him.

Elliot was so lost in thought that he didn't even notice a pink-haired girl was storming right at him, he could tell by her eyes that she wasn't in a good mood, and he didn't want to feel her wrath. "Sorry!" he said quickly, taking a step back to get out of her way.

Last edited:

• Claudine Suko
    original.jpg

[div class=Text]
    Claudine let out a sigh trying to calm her demeanor. Her attempt was in vain and her eyes still emitted anger. She felt not in control and that pissed her off. She was always in control of something and when that control vanished she had to improvise. The daughter of aphrodite adjusted her walk, a sway in her hips now evident. She still appeared to be furious but she stood straight up and walked like she was powerful. When she finally decided to watch where she was going a black-haired boy sidestepped to avoid crashing into her. This pleased her. The pinkette examined the boy, looking him up and down, she had no shame. "Plain." She said simply. "But well mannered." She flashed him a stunning smile, her features moved in all the right ways. The anger subsided in her eyes a bit. "You're a newbie." She stated simply, he looked a bit awkward and tense like he had no idea what he was doing. "Do you know your parent?" She asks in a velvety tone, her voice sweet and obviously trained. Claudine couldn't help but feel like this boy was powerful... But she couldn't understand in what way. She'd rather have more allies than enemies. Maybe the boy what a son of Athena, he did seem to be intelligent, from what she gathered.

[class=Text]
    font-family: Verdana;[/class][div class=Text][/div]
    [/div]

Last edited:

Elliot Young

[div class=Text]
Elliot tilted his head a little in confusion when the girl called him plain. He didn't take any offense to it, just found it a little odd that she would start off the conversation like that. She flashed her stunning smile which caught the boy off guard, he awkwardly glanced away with his cheeks flushing a quick pink.

"You're a newbie." She stated, and he confirmed it with a quick nod. It was pretty easy to tell, unlike the other campers this was his first summer here he lacked the bead necklace that everyone wore, and Elliot figured that he just looked out of place in general.

She thin asked him about his parent, most likely his godly parent, Elliot shook his head, "I don't know, I've really only been here for a week," he replied. "Uh, how long does it usually take for a kid to get claimed?"

[class=Text]
[/div]
[/div]

Elliot tilted his head a little in confusion when the girl called him plain. He didn't take any offense to it, just found it a little odd that she would start off the conversation like that. She flashed her stunning smile which caught the boy off guard, he awkwardly glanced away with his cheeks flushing a quick pink.

"You're a newbie." She stated, and he confirmed it with a quick nod. It was pretty easy to tell, unlike the other campers this was his first summer here he lacked the bead necklace that everyone wore, and Elliot figured that he just looked out of place in general.

She then asked him about his parent, most likely his godly parent, Elliot shook his head, "I don't know, I've really only been here for a week," he replied. "Uh, how long does it usually take for a kid to get claimed?"

Last edited:

Xander Williams
1588304301460.png

[div class=Text]
Xander woke up sweating from his afternoon nap. He could never seem to sleep more than an hour before the night terrors came. Xander had another sleepless night by the piano. His sheet music everywhere. There were evident bags under his eyes. He shot a striking smile at some Hermes girls. He had rolled out of bed and hadn't bothered to switch out of his camp t-shirt and just headed over to hang out with his friends. He practiced shooting some arrows and found that it was not as Xander grabbed his bow and arrow. It was looking kind of rusty. He had pulled another prank with some of ther Hermes kids on the Athene children messing with them.

He went to get his bow and arrow tweaked at the Hephestus cabin. They could all hear Claudine shrieking from her cabin. Xander rolled his eyes another typical day at camp. He picked up an apple and started chewing. Little did she know that it hadn't been any of her siblings but the work of Xander and some of his Hermes friends. He wouldn't let the Aphrodite children suffer because one of the best parts of a prank was getting acknowledged.

[class=Text]
background:Black;
border:3px solid red;
color:Black;
[/div]
[/div]
Xander woke up sweating from his afternoon nap. He could never seem to sleep more than an hour before the night terrors came. Xander had another sleepless night by the piano. His sheet music everywhere. There were evident bags under his eyes. He shot a striking smile at some Hermes girls. He had rolled out of bed and hadn't bothered to switch out of his camp t-shirt and just headed over to hang out with his friends. He practiced shooting some arrows and found that it was not as Xander grabbed his bow and arrow. It was looking kind of rusty. He had pulled another prank with some of ther Hermes kids on the Athene children messing with them.

He went to get his bow and arrow tweaked at the Hephestus cabin. They could all hear Claudine shrieking from her cabin. Xander rolled his eyes another typical day at camp. He picked up an apple and started chewing. Little did she know that it hadn't been any of her siblings but the work of Xander and some of his Hermes friends. He wouldn't let the Aphrodite children suffer because one of the best parts of a prank was getting acknowledged.

Last edited:

Isla Laurent
1588306847240.png

[div class=Text]
Isla was reading a Little Prince one of her favorite books as a child. She started to grow stressed on the cabin doorstep. Wind blowing in and out. The snow calming her down. Honestly summer camp was not her favorite since she did not do well in the heat. Isla observed the other campers as she does every year. At least she knew people here she knew no one in her new school in Quebec. Thanfully her mother was relocated somewhere cold. The year before they had been in Morocco and it was so warm there. Isla thought she was going to melt. Isla got frustrated that there was no snow. Actually she was more angry at herself because of the heated phone call with her mother about her schooling for the next year. She threw her phone outside of the cabin. The railings turning icy in the middle of summer. They would melt....eventually. Isla needed to cool off literally so she decided to take a walk around the camp.

She only had a couple of siblings who were here and they had already scattered to be with their friends. Isla had a hard time talking to people she would always clam up unless they were talking to her about one of her interests. She could talk for ages about books. Or spit random facts about countries she has lived in. Isla thought she was talking to herself when she said "Canada has the longest coastline in the world."

[class=Text]
background:lightblue;
border:3px solid White;
color:Black;
font-size:18px;
Tags: Anyone Around
[/div]
[/div]

Isla was reading a Little Prince one of her favorite books as a child. She started to grow stressed on the cabin doorstep. Wind blowing in and out. The snow calming her down. Honestly summer camp was not her favorite since she did not do well in the heat. Isla observed the other campers as she does every year. At least she knew people here she knew no one in her new school in Quebec. Thanfully her mother was relocated somewhere cold. The year before they had been in Morocco and it was so warm there. Isla thought she was going to melt. Isla got frustrated that there was no snow. Actually she was more angry at herself because of the heated phone call with her mother about her schooling for the next year. She threw her phone outside of the cabin. The railings turning icy in the middle of summer. They would melt....eventually. Isla needed to cool off literally so she decided to take a walk around the camp.

She only had a couple of siblings who were here and they had already scattered to be with their friends. Isla had a hard time talking to people she would always clam up unless they were talking to her about one of her interests. She could talk for ages about books. Or spit random facts about countries she has lived in. Isla thought she was talking to herself when she said "Canada has the longest coastline in the world."

Last edited:

• Claudine Suko
    original.jpg

[div class=Text]
    "Oh." The daughter of aphrodite said a genuine smile threatened to curls its way upon her pink lips. She found the plain boy to be a fresh breath of air compared to the other campers, all of which knew her reputation well. She places a single perfectly manicured finger onto her chin. "Well, usually a few nights after you arrive at camp. Sometimes it happens when you accomplish something great and the gods and goddesses see a reason to claim you." Claudine replied with another stunning smile. The anger in her eyes had subsided enough to not be noticeable. "Well I hope to be there when you are claimed, I'm sure it'll be interesting." She says while giving a small wave and beginning to walk towards the Hephestaus cabin once again. "Cya around." She says in a flirty tone.

She walks away with the same bounce in her step and swaying of her hips. Her mood had gotten better. Now all I need are my weapons fixed, oh and to figure out who touched my weapons. She thinks. The Hephestaus cabin was in sight and she could see them hammering away at weapons and such. "Still hard at work?" She shouted to them with a playeful smirk. A few of them look up from there work and roll their eyes.

"Always." A boy with sandy blonde hair and hazel eyes replies. "You here for another weapon tune-up?" He proceeded to ask, turning his body to fully face her.

"I'm here for a fix." She replies with a small growl. She pulled the daggers from her belt and holds them up. A scowl crosses her face as she walks up to the door.

"Oh." He said with a frown. "Well, that's not good."

"You don't say." She says sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

He chuckles in response and takes the weapons from her. "It won't take to long to fix maybe ten minutes." He grins.

"Perfect." Claudine says with a sigh and takes seat near the blonde boy.

[class=Text]
    Interacting With: MouseDuke MouseDuke
    [/div]
    [/div]

Last edited:

Elliot Young

[div class=Text]
Elliot watched a little as the girl left, still a little flustered by her flirty attitude. 'Did it really take a couple of nights to get claimed?' he thought, trying to wrap his head around this whole demigod thing. His godly parent had to be his dad which was pretty obvious considering he was raised by his mother. She has always told Elliot that his father passed away after he was born and that the two used to work together on the docks but nothing else about him, no pictures, no stories, nothing. Did he even care about Elliot, is that why he hasn't claimed him?

The boy shook the thoughts out of his head, this was supposed to be a fun summer camp, a safe place for him, but he'd never felt more isolated more in his entire life. Elliot needed to clear his head, and during the previous week at camp, he found a nice place to do so, the beach. While the waters there were warmer than the ones back in the northwest it still felt good to dip his feet in the water and skip a few rocks.

So he made his way there, turning his back to the cabins and making his way towards the beach. On his way he heard a voice say something about Canada's coastline and that seemed to jog something in the boys memory. "Right," he agreed, turning to the white haired girl, "It's connected the Atlantic, Artic, and Pacific oceans as well as the Labrador, and Beufort seas," he replied before realizing that he had just blurted out this useless information, "Ah sorry that just kinda slipped out." Elliot could always recall weird facts like that about the ocean, he always chocked it up to reading it somewhere before, but unkowingly to him it was because he was son of the sea god.

[class=Text]
font-family: Verdana;[/class][div class=Text][/div]
[/div]

Elliot watched a little as the girl left, still a little flustered by her flirty attitude. 'Did it really take a couple of nights to get claimed?' he thought, trying to wrap his head around this whole demigod thing. His godly parent had to be his dad which was pretty obvious considering he was raised by his mother. She has always told Elliot that his father passed away after he was born and that the two used to work together on the docks but nothing else about him, no pictures, no stories, nothing. Did he even care about Elliot, is that why he hasn't claimed him?

The boy shook the thoughts out of his head, this was supposed to be a fun summer camp, a safe place for him, but he'd never felt more isolated more in his entire life. Elliot needed to clear his head, and during the previous week at camp, he found a nice place to do so, the beach. While the waters there were warmer than the ones back in the northwest it still felt good to dip his feet in the water and skip a few rocks.

So he made his way there, turning his back to the cabins and making his way towards the beach. On his way, he heard a voice say something about Canada's coastline and that seemed to jog something in the boy's memory. "Right," he agreed, turning to the white-haired girl, "It's connected the Atlantic, Arctic, and Pacific oceans as well as the Labrador, and Beaufort seas," he replied before realizing that he had just blurted out this useless information, "Ah sorry that just kinda slipped out." Elliot could always recall weird facts like that about the ocean, he always chalked it up to read it somewhere before, but unknowingly to him it was because he was the son of the sea god.

Last edited:
coollogo_com-31967672.pngf58db415773ee9e36d1075b584257849.png Location: Just wandering
Interaction: Open
Mentioned: N/A

Someone had told her that Nemesis kids we're pretty rare. At least, claimed kids. That being said, Rea didn't expect an entire cabin to herself. It was weird, beyond weird really, almost weirder than finding out she was a demi-god. Well, actually no, nothing could be weirder than that. But when that wagon wheel appeared over her head, if how Rea was starting down food like she hadn't eaten in days (which was most likely the case) didn't put people on edge around her, that certainly did. Though it wasn't like she knew what that meant. Actually, she didn't know what most of the gods stood for or what they did, and while some helpful Hermes kid had explained the basics to her, her ignorance of that didn't go unnoticed by the other campers. And though nobody had directly confronted her about it since, Rea knew that it was certainly being talked about.

Which was why she had stuck to her cabin whenever she had free time. Ignorance plus her not being able to read ancient Greek even though they were supposedly hardwired for...not the best impressions to make a bunch of kids who seemed to know what was going on. Back and forth between classes, training, and her cabin, Rea couldn't tell you anyone's name with confidence. Even the centaur guy's escaped her. Not that Rea minded, she preferred being left alone. Life was easier that way.

Today, however, she was honestly sick of looking at the cabin walls. That dark wallpaper and empty beds...she was bored. Like really really bored, but had no idea what to do. So, the teen had been pacing back and forth slowly, switching between that ideal gesture and staring out the window trying to will herself to go outside. Maybe she could hang out with the nymphs. They seemed nice...and they were pretty, so it wasn't an entirely terrible situation. But that unnamed Hermes kid warned her against that very idea. So maybe she shouldn't. Once again, she knew absolutely nothing about this place or the world they came from.

Once more she turned away from the window, holey socks muffins her footfalls, but doing nothing about the subtle creaking of the floor. Her bed was an unmade mess, her only belongings neatly placed on top of the small dresser nearby, the place didn't exactly scream home now did it? But it was a lot better than her previous situation, so Rea could do nothing but sing praise. Suddenly, she stopped in her tracks, fidgeting for a moment before moving to grab her sneakers. A pair of old best up converse that didn't really fit that well, but they were her only shoes. Though maybe, as a good hole was forming in both of them, she should look into getting a new pair.

They had already given her some new clothes, so maybe new shoes wouldn't be such a far reach. Anyway, after pulling her shirt down a bit once she had gotten her shoes on, and after her hair was thrown up into a ponytail, Rea turned and headed to the door. But, as she was leaving, she grabbed her signature jacket and threw it on over that orange t-shirt, a small comfort before she headed out into the camp.

It was a far cry from the scenery she was used to. The air was fresh, nobody was trying to get some quick cash for whatever reason, and she didn't need to keep her head down. But that was a hard habit to break, making yourself look unapproachable. Her shoulders we're squared, that familiar look in her eyes as she walked, hands crammed in her pockets. Rea had no real destination, but a little fresh air would probably do some good.

• Claudine Suko
    original.jpg

[div class=Text]
    Hammering, metal on metal, and the sound of an electric polisher echoed through the Hephestaus cabin as Claudine sat on the chair next to the demigod who made the most noise. She watched intently as he fixed her blade and polished them till they shined like the sun. A small smile crept it's way upon her pink lips as she watched the hephestaus kid admire his work. It only took about eight minutes for him to be finished and she couldn't help but be pleased. They looked brand new.

The boy turns to her and grins a goofy lopsided smile. "You likey?" He asks in a tone clearly impressed with himself.

Claudine rolls her eyes but nods, "always." She says with a light smirk mocking the boy when he responded in the same way.

He gave her his best "dashing" smile but only appeared to look like a school boy with a crush. "That's what I like to hear."

The daughter of aphrodite let out a real belly laugh and smirks again. "Oh dear you still need to work on your charm." She chuckles in a light tone.

The blonde boy chuckled but nodded. "Charm's your strength Clau not mine" He says and hands her the daggers. "Try not to get them messed up again."

Claudine scoffed. "I didn't do anything to piss my cabin off this week. I got them out of trouble this time." She huffs.

He just chuckles. "Sure thing, Clau." He says turning around to further annoy her.

The pinkette stood up and crossed her arms. "Oh shut up, you know I don't always cause trouble. It's just... Often..." She said while trailing off at the end of her sentence.

"I know, I'm messing with you." He replies while turning around.

Claudine rolls her eyes, "whatever." She says while horribly hiding a small smile. "I'll see you around." She says while clipping her daggers to her belt and giving a wave to the boy.

She exited the cabin and just went to wandering. She watched her fellow campers engaged in their everyday stuff and sighs. There wasn't anything fun to do, the next big event didn't happen until a while from today. She wandered towards the cabins on the opposite side of camp occasionally catching a boy's eye. Despite her poor attitude, there was nothing poor about her appearance. She never wore her CHB shirt and her hair was always perfect. She opted for straight hair, a black cami top, and light grey skinny jeans. Chiron often gave her crap for not following dress code but Claudine couldn't care less. During her wandering, she passed a girl with long black hair that looked as if it was thrown into a ponytail last minute. The daughter of aphrodite didn't even recognize her, she had to be new or ran from encountering her as many other campers did. "Are you new?" She asks the girl in a neutral tone. She wasn't sure if this girl would end up being an ally or a foe. "I don't believe I've seen you around camp before." She spoke again to further gain the blake haired blue-eyed girl.

[class=Text]
    Interacting With: FireMaiden FireMaiden
    [/div]
    [/div]

coollogo_com-31967672.pngf58db415773ee9e36d1075b584257849.png Location: Just wondering camp
Interaction: Selitia Selitia (Claudine)

Rea had been in her own little world when a feminine voice pulled the girl out of her thoughts. Instinctively, Rea had sidestepped, her hands coming out of her pockets to loosely cross over her chest as her eyes turned to observe the girl who had spoke. Pretty, pink hair, aura of...something...Rea may not know many things but she could recognize the daughter of Aphrodite that seemed to cause trouble for a lot of people. Being a quiet person, many people though Rea wasn't paying attention but she was. And the things she heard already made her want to turn around and completely ignore her.

That's how it worked before but...Rea didn't have that luxury. She had been told that teamwork was very important here, so she knew that just avoiding everyone was impossible. And then finding out who she could trust and who she couldn't meant actually talking to people. "Yeah...I'm new," Rea mumbled, one hand moving to scratch the back of her neck. Her eyes stayed on the other girl, but her body language was obviously asking her not to move any closer. Rea wanted this over as quick as possible.

"I've been here for a week...haven't done much." The girl added, her gaze shifting to some point in the horizon beyond the pink-haired girl for a few moments. That was all she needed to say right? Though most people would ask for an introduction. "Rea. Who are you?" Perfect? Short and simple, right to the point. She also made it a habit of not giving out her last name...but here it probably didn't matter that much. Anyway, she keep her guard up, eyes still studying the other girl.

• Claudine Suko
    original.jpg

[div class=Text]
    Claudine nods in response to the girl. She didn't have the slightest idea of who her parent could be and that was odd. Claudine could usually pick up on a trait that stood out within a person. "I just ran into another new camper no longer than ten minutes ago." She says simply. She studied the girl with neutral eyes, Claudine could tell that she didn't talk to people often. She assumed the girl didn't even leave her cabin at all. The girl barely met her gaze, though Claudine was used to this. People just treated her the way she portrayed herself, which was almost always in a superior way, but this was not what she actually thought of herself. "I won't come closer if you don't wish it. I might have a reputation but I do have manners." The pinkette says with a dull sigh. She wondered why the girl hadn't tried any of the camp's activities even she herself participated sometimes. "I'm actually surprised you don't actually know." She says with a small smile. "My name is Claudine." She continues a piece of her hair blows into her face. "What can you figure out about me?" She asks once the girl further studies her. She was genuinely curious. Claudine was anything from an open book, she'd learn to read people, figure out their desires, and use them to her advantage. Due to this people have always disliked her, her ways were wicked and manipulative, yet she still found it fun. "I'll tell you what I've figured out about you if you do." She says her tone curious.

[class=Text]
    [/div]
    [/div]

Isla looked over at the boy who had said the fact about the coastline. She usually kept to herself at camp. Mostly because her temper might lead to her being fridgid. "Yeah that's right." She didn't know the boy and she was rather observant of everyone in the camp. Isla kept a steady pace with him as she walked with him past the beach.

Isla sat down. "Water's always been calming you know. Almost as much as books." Isla had an inkling about who the boy's parents might be.

She smiled at the boy."I'm Isla. I've never met anyone who knew cool facts before. Most people find it weird that I spend so much time with books." She shyly let her head fall over her face. She laid down on the sand to take in the sunlight.

tags: @ MouseDuke MouseDuke

coollogo_com-31967672.pngf58db415773ee9e36d1075b584257849.png Location: Just wandering camp

Rea nodded in response to the other new camper. That didn't really surprise her, according to the boy that showed her around, new campers we're fairly common. Or at least, they rotated pretty often. He explained that the minor god's kids could actually leave during the gear and came back for the summer. Some never had to come back at all, while others had to stay all the time. Given the weird shit Rea has seen over the years...it was still up in the air about which one she'd be. Rea was still mostly avoiding Claudine's gaze, but that was more out of a habit she had to break than anything else. She had to wonder what this girl's intentions were, but so far...she seemed okay.

Normally, if someone was going to attack they would have done it by now.

"Huh?" Rea furrowed her brows a bit when she said she wouldn't come any closer. It was appreciated, but Claudine could also be lying. Though Rea's shoulders seemed to relax just a bit, as did the rest of her stance, but she couldn't let her guard down completely. "Well, I did kind of know...but nobody had actually used your name yet. Just the pink hair," Rea explained, meeting the other girl's eyes this time. She shrugged a little, "Maybe they don't want to make you angry." Reputations, both good and bad, people wanted to avoid that.

Then Claudine asked what Rea had figured out about her in the past few minutes, though Rea internally scoffed about her offer. There wasn't much you could figure out about Rea in just a few minutes. But she was curious nonetheless. Shifting her weight a bit, and one hand moving to brush slightly greasy hair out of her face (Rea needed to shower later) she finally answered. "You're a daughter of Aphrodite and one that acts the way most people expect you to, from what gossip I've heard. You don't know how to act around me, yet, and so you're asking me what I think about you to figure it out. You pride yourself on the way you look, those daggers, and how people view you because Aphrodite apparently did too. You like the attention, you like causing trouble because if you didn't, the gossip I overhear would be about how pretty you are rather than dealing with the aftermath of a few temper tantrums. And some of it is, which makes me think you know how to manipulate. Not that I'm judging, just something I've noticed, not all the gossip is bad but...well, you know, you've gotta pay attention to it," Rea paused for a moment, giving the girl a once over, before meeting her gaze again.

"You're begging someone to grab those blades off your belt, especially sitting where they are." She had seen it happen one to many times, and it never ended well. Rea fell silent for a few moments, giving the girl to process what she said. Rea knew gossip wasn't what should be the deciding factor about how you saw a person, but still. "So...what have you figured out about me?"

1588750004772.jpeg
Alan "Mick" McKay
Interactions:
Wide open
"Some idiot broke the plumbing again, the stove caught on fire half an hour ago, that nymph is still in the Christmas tree in the attic, and Klyne's This close to killing the new kid apparently. Dunno why he wrote that on here" Mick listed off casually to a fellow camper sat on a couch as he walked by them. "So, y'know, business as usual I guess" They said with a shrug, tossing the list to the camper as they leaned against the couch. The camper fumbled to grab the list tossed towards him, throwing a small glance of annoyance towards Mick for the afront against their laziness.

"How do we live like this again?" The camper sat on the couch, Benny, groaned with a tired eyebrow raise. The guy had been at camp just as long as Mick, so responsibilities were shared when discussing the cabin.

"We don't. We're all mentally insane and this is all a shared hallucination" Mick said, twiddling his thumbs as he sat back. Honestly, Mick had actually thought that for the first two months he was at camp. He thought that had been a reasonable reaction.

"That would explain things. Who's dealing With this?" Benny asked, staring straight into Mick's eyes. The look they gave them was just daring him to say that he had to handle to it. It had been exactly what he'd planned on doing, but the cold fury in Benny's eyes made him second guess.

"Er, everyone else has practice all day and we're the only ones that have a free day, so, uh-" Mick said, stopping as the stare Benny was giving him cranked up a notch. "Uh, rock paper scissors?" Mick suggested instead, shrugging helplessly.

The stare ever so slightly lessened, making Mick think he'd done the right thing. "Meh, good enough" Benny said, holding out a fist over the palm of their hand.

Doing the same, Mick nervously put his fist over the palm of his hand. There was a lot of crap to do on that list. If he lost, he'd have to fix everything on it. Pretty much everything was on the line. The chores would take all day to do, so he'd lose his first free day in a month.

The stakes were unbelievably high, to say the least.

As both began tapping their fists against their palms, they stop simultaneously and began to unfurl their hands. Well, Mick did at least. He chose paper, Benny had chosen rock. "Oh thank Hermes!" Mick cheered, a smile breaking out as he slumped against the couch in relief. "I've truly been blessed!".

"Oh ha ha, screw you too dude" Benny said, rubbing their forehead like they had a headache.

"Screw you three!"

Snorting in amusement, Benny sat up. "Screw you four? I dunno. Go have a lovely afternoon, I'll just be here contemplating why my life is like this before getting to it" Benny groaned, sagging into the couch.

"Bit early to wonder where your life went so wrong, isn't it?" Mick asked, walking towards the front door.

"Yeah, well, for demigods we're middle aged. Seems late enough" Benny said, earning a chuckle from Mick as they closed the door behind them on their way out. Dirt and gravel shifted under his feet as he walked on the path towards the more populated area of the camp. Tugging at the collar of his Orange camp T-shirt, Mick walked towards nowhere in particular.

Right, there was that. What was he even going to do? Well, there was always sparring. Actually, yeah, that didn't sound half bad. Annihilating a camper with his sword and shield was always a wonderful past time.

Last edited:

• Claudine Suko
    original (2).jpg

[div class=Text]
    Claudine listened carefully and burst out laughing. "Ally." She says simply with a goofy smile. "I'd rather have you as an ally than an enemy." She smiles, "you are wrong and right. I respect you for your analyzing skills." The daughter of aphrodite says. "However rumors fuel your guess. Are you able to figure out that from our interactions?" She asks. Claudine stood there her hands in her pockets. "Oh my daggers, I'd love to see someone try to take them while they are one me. They get destroyed when I sleep, most won't dare try to steal something off of me. I might be a daughter of aphrodite but I am well trained." She loved the fact that Rea got her info from rumors, it made things interesting. She also loved how she could show this girl any emotion she wanted, after all, she'd been doing this for 8 years of her life. "Also," She smirks, "my appearance is for others, it is one of my powers. I pride myself on my accomplishments, not petty looks. How do you know that I don't cause trouble to stop the rumors of my appearance? I'm not just a pretty face. But many don't believe that, whatever." She said waving her hand. "You are right that I find pulling "Temper tantrums" fun." She grins, any normal person would probably be offended by Rea's poor attempt at insulting her, but words never bothered Claudine.

The pinkette grins, "Let's see. We obviously know you're new, you don't meet my gaze often, therefore, you don't talk to many people or simply dislike casual conversation. Hmm. I assume you stay in your cabin, it doesn't appear that you've showered since you got here. So a week? So you mustn't have left. You're quite closed off, your body language suggests you want this conversation over with. You're wary and cautious, you haven't let your guard down once, not completely I mean. Your cautious attitude will reveal much of what your thinking, I've met many like yourself in that regard. I am not familiar with your parent, but your aura, it's balanced in a way. It puts me at ease yet you appear to be able to break that balance in an instant. Your parent is a god or goddess who is probably not as well known as Athena or Posiden but is still known." Claudine brings a finger up to her chin and sighs. "Are you damaged?" She asks. "You seem as if you were bullied or disliked by many because of your cold attitude but this I am not sure of." She finishes with a yawn. "Oh, and what benefit would lying be for me? if these rumors you hear are true then everyone knows that I don't lie because it dirties my credibility. I might be manipulative as you put it but I still have manners." Claudine saved addressing the overly cautious girl's obvious thought for last. "How'd I do?"

[class=Text]
    [/div]
    [/div]

coollogo_com-31967672.pngf58db415773ee9e36d1075b584257849.png Location: Just wandering camp

Claudine seemed to have a lot to say. Rea nodded, showing the girl she was listening as she went through each point Rea had made, the girl not bothered by the fact the pink one felt the need to correct a few. Rumors only got you so far after all. "Yeah, I know...not everything people say is true," Rea responded, once again shifting her weight, eyes moving to the horizon again for a second or two, before focusing on Claudine again. "But rumors like that can be dangerous, makes idiots think you're untrustworthy or something. Well, sometimes." Another shrug as she let the girl keep talking, interest really piping up when Claudine got to what she had figured out about Rea.

So far, she was right. "Acting like this helps protect you, it's a hard thing to drop...and I showered the first night I was here, " Rea said, feeling her ears turn hot for just a second. "Not used to actually...having access to one, ya know?" Rea knew most of these kids probably weren't in the same situation she had been in, which meant they were gonna judge her appearance but at least Claudine didn't seem to judgemental about it. "Nemesis, Cabin 16. I was uh, claimed during dinner my first night." Rea didn't know enough about the ins and outs of all the gods well enough to compare her mom to anyone. She knew the god wasn't an Olympian, or at least, so far in her history lesson she wasn't, and that not many people seemed to like her.

But Claudine's next comment, the damaged question, gave Rea pause. How was she supposed to answer that? "I guess that works..." She mumbled. Suddenly, the girl shifted again and slipped the jacket she was wearing off, holding it in on hand. Rea's arms we're littered with scars, what looked to be cuts, gashes and burns. Holding up a hand to show the other girl there was more, she then reached down and held up the corner of her shirt. A gunshot wound, already healed that looked a few years old, resided on her left hip. "I was homeless. So you know, you do what you have to survive and if you don't figure out how to make yourself look unapproachable, you get hurt. I wasn't exactly bullied...but I wasn't liked." Rea slipped her jacket back on, once again her arms loosely crossing.

"You did okay." Rea knew the girl wasn't lying, Claudine wouldn't have had to say anything about it. That little feeling in her gut yelling her that every word spoken was the truth. "I'm still getting use to the idea I don't have to keep watching my back all the time...so my cabin is honestly the most comfortable place for me right now."

• Claudine Suko
    original (2).jpg

[div class=Text]
    Claudine just smiles, "Believe me I know. I've run into quite a few idiots in my short time on earth, but again I don't associate with people like that. They will only bring me down." She nodded when Rea began to speak again. "That's true but that protection can only go so far. You have to fake it until you make it." She chuckles. "Be cautious but don't let other's know that you are. Let them think you're naive," she smirks, "then prove them wrong and let that bite them in the ass."

She observed her when she spoke of her mother, Nemesis. "That makes sense. We are not taught about her as far as I'm concerned." Claudine pulls her left hand from her pocket to move the hair from her face. The way Rea reacted to her damaged question didn't surprise her. She chose a wording that would include both mental and physical knowing that one would be answered. Claudine didn't react to Rea's injuries, she didn't even blink, but a little bit of sorrow peaked from her multicolored eyes. Not sadness for her but sadness of her own.

"That must have been hard." She says simply. "You remind me of myself when I first came to camp a year ago." She smiled bitterly. "Become strong so you can crush the ones who dared to abuse you." She says turning from Rea's gaze. "It's only fair if you know my story." She looks back at her, her expression neutral. "As you know my mother is a goddess so my other parent was my father. He was a good man, he loved me and my mother more than life itself, but we were never allowed together. I was signed by a modelling company one my father signed off on. He did not read the fine print of my contract. My agency owned me. My father had signed my life over not even knowing that he did so." She scowls, "he cried for days when he found out. I was whisked away to France, Italy, etc. You'd think a life like that wouldn't be so bad." The pinkette chuckles and rolls her eyes. "Privileged they called me, but the proper word was prisoner. They dictated where I went, what I ate, who I say, and how I looked." She makes a sour face, "I couldn't leave my room without permission, otherwise I was beaten, never enough to "taint" my figure. Unless it was by my worthless boss, he left me many scars." She pulled her cami down to reveal a section of her left breast stopping before anything was revealed. A scar three inches wide stood out from her porcelain-like skin. "It never healed, he never let it. Always out of site. I did not endure the pain you did but I know why you are cautious. Men use to walk all over me, use me," a wicked smirk crept upon her lips, "But now I use them."

Claudine knew she gave much more information to Rea but she honestly just wanted to share her past with someone who hadn't yet judged her. "It was nice to meet you, I enjoyed having a conversation like this." The daughter of aphrodite looked her in the eye. "Thank you." She replies simply. "I hope you chose to be my ally-" she paused ever so slightly then turned her head. "Or in the future, possibly, a friend." She knew how absurd that sounded but after all, Claudine had no shame.

[class=Text]
    [/div]
    [/div]

original (1).jpgShayla Elena Williams
Shayla yawns as the sun peaks through the cracks of her window shades, temporarily blinding her. "UGH." She groans and rips herself from the blankets. She peers down at her clock and sighs, "already the afternoon." She stood up and frowned, her cabin as empty as always.

She had been one of the only children of Lyssa that made it to camp. Her mother didn't have many children to begin with, attracting men was not her strong suit. There wasn't even a cabin for Lyssa's children though there hadn't been any of her children at camp. She only received a camp two years ago and still, no children of Lyssa stayed in the cabin with Shayla.

She pulls her pajamas off and dressed in her CHB shirt and pale blue shorts. Her hair cascaded down her shoulders in beachy waves. The daughter of Lyssa yawns again and slips on some ankle socks. She fumbled around the cabin attempting to find her cherry red converse which matched the shade of her hair. She eventually found them under her dresser and slipped them on. She then began braiding a small section of hair on her left side and putting it all up into a high ponytail. Her hair was so long that it fell past her waist even when put up. When she finished she put in her ear piercings and grabbed her leather jacket. She pushed the cabin's door open while slipping the jacket on. She jumped out of her cabin and shoved her hands into her pockets. "Another day to waste." She mutters and went on to wander around camp.

Shayla passed by the cabins dulling noting the amount of campers that filled CHB lately. When she passed by some campers would lung away as if she was the plague. The daughter of Lyssa just kept walking like nothing happened. She stares up at the sky admiring the stunning shade of blue above her, there weren't many clouds so she could cloud watch today. She sighs in disappointment before seeing one camper that caught her eye. "Well isn't it Mick." She says dully keeping her distance from him. "Heading anywhere interesting?" She asks in the same tone. Shayla was bored and needed something to watch or do. She wasn't able to participate in many of the camp's activities due to her curse and the fear people had of her curse. "Anything amusing? I'm dying to be entertained."

Tags: Togy Togy

Elliot Young
Elliot seemed a little surprised at the girls response, then again she was the one who first talked about the coastline. But as they walked over towards the beach, still a little surprised that she went with him but it was a pleasant one. He watched as she sat down on the beach, commenting on how the water was calming.

"Yeah, I grew up near the coastline back on the west coast so it kinda reminds of home," He replied, scooping up a smooth rock from the ground and skipping it across the water.

She then introduced herself as Isla and told him he knew cool facts. Elliot shook his head bashfully, "no its mostly useless information I probably read a while ago," he replied as she laid down on the beach, "Oh and I'm Elliot, I'm still pretty new here at camp."

Tags: Wildflower101 Wildflower101

1588875769078.jpeg
Alan "Mick" McKay
Interations: Selitia Selitia

A wild redhead approaches!, thought Mick humorously as Shayla appeared along the path. Right, that girl. Mick might try to get along with just about everyone, but when someone had rage as a defining character trait and practically infected you with Rabies by being within a foot of them, Mick had found it was safer to just not try with her.

When Shayla spotted him, Mick's mind, for some odd reason, panicked over the possibility of her calling him Alan. She called him Mick of course, like everyone did. He didn't even think he'd ever even told anyone his name was Alan, he just always introduced himself as Mick. Mick cringed internally as he pictured being called Alan by his friends. It honestly sounded like a fate worse then death.

As he was focused on that pointless line of thought, he realized a second later that Shayla had continued talking. A little confused, Mick tried to piece together what little he'd remembered hearing. "Er, right, yeah. I've got a free day, so I was thinking about going to the sparring grounds. Crossing my fingers that the Ares kids aren't there" Mick said, walking by as he made sure to keep his distance. The Ares campers more often then not dominated whatever combat activity they were involved. They weren't the children of the literal embodiment of war for nothing. They had combat hardwired into their brains and more often then not had abilities like super strength or regeneration.

Quite frankly, it was scary to fight one of those kids.

"Heard some Apollo and Demeter kids got time off as well. If there's enough, they might even be doing teams. Thought it sounded fun" Mick said with a shrug, still walking. Honestly, after spending three years at camp, Mick found that sparring was just about the only thing that didn't get old.

e93cd5f8cf4ed6ed7b03603a732a6ce9.jpg
Shayla Elena Williams
"Not listening again?" She asks rhetorically. She ran her fingers through her long hair and sighs. "Sparring." She repeats, " you already know the Ares kids will be there. When are they not there? I could give them a scare." She says half-jokingly and half-seriously. She was very good at clearing areas. She yawns as she notices that he's so obviously keeping his distance. "You don't have to act so forced. We've been at camp for three years and just like everyone else you view me as some rabid animal." She just smiles. "Oh well, don't care." She says in a sing-song tone. "How boring." She huffs out, "it's frustrating. Maybe I'll go cause so havoc somewhere." She mutters to herself. Shayla couldn't stand others viewing her as the bad guy when she actually had good intentions. She couldn't help who her mother was. Maybe she'd play the role of villain when she got bored.
Tags: Togy Togy

Last edited:

"No offense...but you don't know what it's like on the streets. There's no faking it until you make it, you either make it or you don't. Making people think your naive isn't a great plan either." Rea didn't sound too upset about having to point this out. It was just a fact. Most everyone here always had a roof over their head, someone they could truly rely on. That was true even for Claudine, though Rea couldn't deny she had suffered. Once again, every word from that girl's mouth was true, Rea knew it, she could feel it in her gut. But there was no point in sharing her own sob story. "Your dad sounds like a good guy...regardless of that mistake. He probably was hoping for a better life for you," Rea said with a slight shrug. "I'd like to think I'm already strong. Physically. At least, compared to normal people. I would umm...fight illegally for money occasionally. Not really used to the swords just yet." She admitted a bit sheepishly. That's never something you really tell people, but this camp was different. Combat was part of the schooling, so it probably wouldn't hurt.

When it appeared as if the conversation was coming to an actual end, Rea nodded. The scar actually did surprise her a little, but it was maybe because the other children of Aphrodite were completely blemishless. At least from what little she had interacted with them. "We'll see. Though I'll be honest, you're the first one I haven't tried ignoring completely." Actually having an ally here would be nice. Rea had plenty of those, just not the type that she could rely on for everything. If her and Claudine actually became friends...well, that idea was a little foreign to her, but nice. "I'll talk to you later then." With a slight wave, Rea sidestepped and continued on her walk, hands once again shoved in her pockets.

• Claudine Suko
    original (2).jpg

[div class=Text]
    "I suppose that's true." Claudine replies, "I like to still believe he is a good guy." She just chuckles, she wouldn't share everything with Rea, at least not yet. "I understand that. I suppose feeling strong is one of the best feelings." Claudine's eyes sparkled at the mention of illegal fighting. "Really?!" She asked a bit too curiously. "Wow, gotta admit there are some tough people there. You've got to have some major strength or good strategy or both." She flips her hair from her shoulder to regain her posture. "Well," she continues, "I'd be happy to spar you some time. Most campers don't want to fight me. Believe it or not, I don't fight dirty." She grins. She found it so funny how people ran from sparring her. She had been at camp for a year so she was highly skilled with her daggers, but she never put it to good use before.

Claudine yawns again as the slight reaction she received from the daughter of Nemesis. She was officially out of things to says and she was fine with that. She liked Rea, she was different. "Wonderful." She smiles in reply to not being ignored and mimics Rea's wave. "Au revoir." She says, her french slipping out. She, however, didn't notice. The daughter of aphrodite turned on her heels and headed towards her cabin. Now, who bend my daggers. She wondered exasperatedly.

/justify]

[class=Text]