• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Alternative titles include "My Hero Camp Camp" and "X-Men: 4-H".

Premise

Camp Winifred, is a small run-down camp in the middle of Bumfuck Nowhere, Appalachia. It's a beautiful place, really, as long as you ignore the empty beer cans and used syringes on the ground. The camp owner, Jeb, will clean them up tomorrow.

Yes, that's what he said last week. He'll get to it. Eventually.

And there's really all there is to it! It's just a simple, month-long, rugged experience for teens with slightly above average abilities.

After all, out in the middle of the woods, no one can hear you scream... in excitement as your cabinmate finally figures out how to shoot a giant fireball into the sky.

Daniel, no.

Daniel.

Daniel, for the love of god, put the fire out. See, this is why your dad left. This, right here.

Facility 247 has been breached. Establish a perimeter. Continue testing.

Setting

USA, 2040 AD. Individuals with extraordinary abilities are uncommon, but not unheard of. Once upon a time they were known as prophets, shamans, demons, and gods. Now, we know them as "supers" - and with the advent of genetic testing, we think that up to 10% of the global population may have the DNA for such powers.

In the United States, these supers are identified through mandatory reporters and registered in Commonwealth's database. Commonwealth agents are then dispatched to determine the scope of the child's abilities and assign a power-dampening device, known as a "limiter".

Special facilities are designed for superpowered people, places where they can practice controlling their powers with minimal disruption to the rest of normal society. Many go on to live normal lives. Some are recruited by law enforcement or the armed forces. Others are too dangerous to be allowed to live.

Sign-up Sheet: Camp Winfred Sign-Up Sheet

If you're interested, fill out the form above, and/or comment with an interesting bit of outdoorsy trivia.

Or a meme. Usually I just ask for memes.

Main thread: Realistic or Modern - Camp Winifred
OOC: Realistic or Modern - Camp Winifred OOC
Characters: Realistic or Modern - Camp Winifred Characters
/DIV]

Last edited:
Ideally, I'd like to see two counselors and eight campers, but we'll see how many people show up.

Hooray! Based on this thread, and some Discord messages, looks like we've got a solid group building up! Are you all ready to start thinking about your characters?

2rutdq.jpg

Nah, Discord ain't required. I'll make a proper OOC thread in a bit. I had a few people request one.

Oh thank Sothis. I thought I was going to have to go through that whole "explaining why I can't do discord" mess again.

Last edited:
Tomatoes and deadly nightshade are technically related to each other distantly. They're in the same plant family, the nightshade family. Fun fact of the day.

this is interesting but I’m a little confused? Not sure what to say

however fun fact did you know that peanuts are not actually a nut at all but a fruit by definition

this is interesting but I’m a little confused? Not sure what to say

however fun fact did you know that peanuts are not actually a nut at all but a fruit by definition
You'd think I'd know that, living in peanut country! But I had no idea.

Is there anything specific that confusing? Or maybe you'd like a little more info about the plot and setting?

You'd think I'd know that, living in peanut country! But I had no idea.

Is there anything specific that confusing? Or maybe you'd like a little more info about the plot and setting?
Huu neet, just the signup document thing had me a little confused but I think I am aged to work it out

Y'all got until Tuesday to decide if you're interested or not, because after that I'm closing this interest thread!!

How many roleplayers are you planning on taking in? I can't imagine how massive this group rp is gonna be ( ̄△ ̄;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back