• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mep2Mep

Is anyone interested in a submarine adventure RP? Cause I had this idea floating around so here me out.

A thousand years ago there were great civilizations across many continents, some even expanded to other continents. Which causes endless wars and suffering. These civilizations have stripped the planet's resources and began to wipe out many species. The most affected were the oceans.

The gods of the planet especially the ocean gods were angry at the civilization of what they had done. So the other gods have given permission to the ocean gods to punish the civilizations by flooding them...

The descendants now live on islands scattered across the global ocean and all the ruins of lost civilization lay on the bottom of the.
Until now...

fantasyunderwater.jpg

That's just a slice of the lore of this ocean world. Now basically imagine a mix of 20,000 thousand leagues with DnD. Your part of a submarine crew whose goal is to explore the deep ocean and discover ruins of lost civilizations and maybe discover other things down in the deep.

There are other races in the world. The most common ones are aquatic ones like merfolk, selkies, shark people, or any aquatic-based mythical creature. But land-based and flying races still exist, so you can play as does. You can also play as hybrid races. Buts it's good to have water breathers onboard. ; )

But there are dangers of course. Pirates are still an issue even in the era of submarines. Sea monsters are really a big issue. There are also environmental issues as the deeper the sub goes the risk of pressure. Also the dangers of what's left behind the past.

Rules

1. Follow RPnations rules.
  2. No OP characters.
  3. Play as one character.
  4. Unless if we don't have enough players then you can make an extra character.
  5. Be respectful to other players.

Last edited:
Color me intrigued, I do love nautical settings.

yeah like what kind of submarine
Oh. So imagine a giant research submarine in the shape of a shark. With a tail-like rudder and the front having port holes to view underwater. Currently trying to find an image that sorta looks like what I just described.

20000_by_shaduf_db1005q-fullview.jpg
By Shaduf

The sub sorta looks like this two. But basically, imagine the lost empires sub mixed in with 20,000 leagues nautilus and you kinda get the picture.

I am interested as well, let me know for any updates

Sweet! More people! I'm gonna work on the OOC and CS threads. I might also change the rule one character cause I'm not sure any more people will join.

so what kind of weapons do we get to play around with on the submarine?
See that's the fun part. The sub those have torpedos but those are more for defense. Hand-held weapons like firearms do exist. Most commonly used are revolvers/pistols, shotguns, and rifles (includes automatic). There are also mounted machine guns that are used to repel pirates and sea monsters.

For underwater use, guns are still used but they don't fire bullets, instead, they fire needles. There are electric prods used to push away sea creatures without killing them (well hopefully). There's also the spear gun mostly used for fishing.

Oh and I forgot flamethrowers. Trust me they will come in handy.

There are also melee weapons. These include axes, machetes, knives, daggers, and swords. Last two are more proper weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back