• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stray Away

Bowser looks at the puppy, hoping that she would be able to eat the food she had been given, if not then somebody would have to chew it for her, and he didn't like the mental image that gave him.

Vixie smiles at Jasper and licks the side of his face before yawning. "It's late."

Honey experimentally sniffed at the piece of food that had been nudged her way and she hungrily took it into her mouth, holding it down between her paws as she attempted to rip pieces of it. Her little teeth gnawed at the dead rodents ears and the rodent was about as big as her.

It was a dead squirrel and unsurprisingly even that was much too hard to chew because one of her milk teeth broke and fell out. Tears welled in her eyes at the sudden pain and she stopped trying to eat, she stumbled past Bowser and back underneath Vixie, barely sparing Jack a glance.

Well, Vixie was a girl.. and Her mommy was a girl...

Honey's cold nose nosed around at Vixie's underbelly rather suddenly, the hungry pup looked for milk enthusiastically, her little nose snuffling around all that fur in search of a swollen teat to suckle on, but despite her struggling she found none.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vixie jumps back, and sticks her tail between her back legs. "I'm sorry, Honey. I can't feed you." She says sadly then licks her head. "I'm really sorry." She says again, then licks the puppy's head. "Jasper? Do you think there might be somebody that can around the junkyard?" She asks the male.

At Vixie's sudden movement Honey flinched as well; her hears flattening against her skull big blue eyes widening ever so slightly. What had she done wrong? She was consoled by the gentle lick she was received but thoroughly embarrassed. She was just hungry, she hadn't meant to startle Vixie. Vixie couldn't feed her? Why? Honey licked her own nose for the second time and even though Vixie moved away, Honey followed. Standing beneath the larger dog; between her forelegs.

She glanced over at Jack, and her spirits lifted a bit. A puppy almost her age! Her tail wagged a bit but it slowly came to a stop when her stomach rumbled and snarled.

Copper huffed. What was he going to do. Surely the puppy didn't want to eat something that had been chewed up and slobbered all over by another dog. His eyes brightened as he thought of an idea. A crazy one, but an idea. He walked over to Bowser and Jasper. "Do you remember when the humans would pour milk into a bowl from those big jugs?" He looked at Bowser. He knew it was a crazy idea that would most probably be rejected.

"What if we steal some? At a store." He watched for Bowser's response. The humans were always clumsy. Even with those automatic door openeres that never seemed to open when they walked up, they could still get in. They would watch as humans entered and run in as they did. They would grab some milk jugs. It would be cold though. But then they could leave it in the sun for a little bit. No, it was too crazy of an idea.

Bowser looked at Copper as if he had grown another head. "Steal milk? And how do you suppose we do that?" He asks, it was a crazy idea, but at least it was better than chewing the pup's food for her. He looks over to Jasper, wanting to hear what he thought about Copper's idea. Then watched as Vixie consoled the small pup, she would make a good mother one day.

Noticing Honey's glance, Jack went up to her, sniffing her curiously. "What's the matter?" he asked, upon seeing her struggling to eat the food. "You okay? Why aren't you eating for?" He heard Bowser and Copper talk about 'stealing milk'...? "What's going on?" he asked, hoping someone would answer.

Honey glanced over at Jack. "Solid food hurts my teeth," she mumbled completely embarrassed. She made do of hiding behind one of Vixie's furry forelegs. "But Milk doesn't," she perked up a bit just by talking about milk. She looked over at the dead rodent and licked her chops, she wanted it, she really did but her teeth weren't cut out for eating meat yet.

Honey sneezed and then shook out her coat, trying to shake off as much of the dried dirt as possible. She crept over towards Jack, albeit hesitantly. "I thought Vixie would have milk like my mommy does, but she didn't" Honey said quietly sitting down in front of jack,

"Oh," the pup nodded. "It's okay. I remember when my teeth used to hurt when I ate solid food." He grimaced. "Sorry about that." He glanced at Vixie. "She didn't? How come?" He then sat down after her. "That's weird. I like milk. But just wait until you can eat solid food! It's so cool!" His tail wagged exuberantly and he grinned at Honey. "Don't feel bad, though. Everybody has to start out just drinking milk."

Jasper looked over to Bowser and nodded in agreement. "There is a place called a grocery store near by the JunkYard. I'm sure the humans have something that this little pup could eat, I know an alley way that leads to the back door of the building too." He said and patted Honey on the head gently. "So your name is Honey, correct? My name's Jasper, you'll be safe here in the JunkYard so don't worry about any nasty cats trying to sneak in. I'm gonna go get some milk for you to eat okay? He smiled at her kindly with his fluffy ears twitching a bit.

Honey returned the smile shyly. "Okay," she replied before scratching behind her ear with her hind leg. "You look like Vixie," She looked from Vixie to Jasper and grinned. Sure, he was a bigger and black version but they looked similar to her. She turned to jack "I dunno," Honey said in a whisper shrugging her shoulders. Jack had made her feel a lot better and had brightened her mood considerably. "Does your mommy have milk?" She asked cocking her head to the side.

Jack paused. "I dunno...I don't have a mommy." He stated simply. There really wasn't much to tell. "But she probably does. I was really little when I saw her last time..." He looked at Jasper, then back at Honey.

"Well I'm gonna go get some milk for Honey. Anyone wanna come with me?" He asked and waited a for a reply. He started walking toward the Junkyard entrance slowly and sat down on the dark dirt.

(GTG but be back later....)

"Hey," the pup turned to Honey. "Wanna go with Jasper and get some milk? It'll be fun!" He bounced up, expectantly waiting for the other puppy's response.

Bowser stood up and shook his head at the pups. "It's too dangerous." He says, before licking them both on the head and trotting off to join Jasper.

"You two can stay with me." Vixie says as she wags her tail happily and sticks her tongue out as she pants.

"Aww..." Jack whined, hanging his head, "...okay..." He looked up at Vixie. "So what're we gonna do while they're gone?" He asked, his usual cheerful demeanor returning. He turned and grinned at Honey, tongue hanging out.

Copper gave Vixie and the pups a quick smile before following after Bowser and Jasper. He stepped in beside Bowser.

Had had opened her mouth to reply, but Vixie and Bowser had beat her to it. "Hey Jack wanna play? Huh? Huh?" She asked as she crouched down, her tail wagging from side to side. A playful growl erupted from her throat and she lunged for him, her soft milk teeth nipping at his ears and the back of his neck.

"Gotcha!" She growled through mouthful of Jack's scruff.

Vixie smiles at the pups as they play, then watches as the male dogs head towards the grocery store. She lays down in her spot and watches over the young ones, remembering when she was a puppy and she'd play with the others at the junkyard. She had pretty much grown up with Bowser, though he still refuses to let her do anything. "I'd like to have pups of my own one day." she thinks longingly.

Zeus was a guard dog. His father was a guard dog. His Mother was a Guard Dog. His grandfather was a guard dog. He liked to think he had quite the legacy to live up to, and he treated his job as such. He's been chasing away cats, raccoons and unwanted humans for the past 4 years and was damn good at it. Hiw owner, Charlie worked with human pups at what humans called a School. Apparently, he taught them to read and write and other humanly things like so that involved books. Charlie was a nice human, with curly brown fur atop his head and warm hazel eyes. But sometimes Zeus thought his human was too nice.

But that's why Charlie had him.

Zeus wore a spiked collar and went on his nightly patrol.

He snarled and chased away a few cats, and barked at a few suspicious looking humans that walked around the outside of the fence making them run away, deep satisfaction settling in his belly. When Zeus came across the mangy pack of Junkyard dogs his lip curled back in a silent snarl, but Bowser and the other two mangy mutts where nowhere in sight. It was just Vixie and two pups.

Vixie.

Zeus's snarl vanished and he trotted over.

"Hello Vix," He rumbled glancing down at the pretty colored female. His voice was deep and raspy matching his spiked collar well. Zeus laid down next to her and glanced at the two pups playing, one of them looked awfully young; nursing age. He's known of the Junkyard dogs for a while and often avoided them, and when he did come around sometimes he brought food. Dead cats and Raccoons, sometimes a few mice and plenty of table scraps. He didn't do it for Bowser, or for Copper and definitely not for Jasper.

He did it for Vixie.

He brought the makeshift pack food because he wanted to keep alive the ones Vixie cared about because he couldn't stand to see her sad and upset. Everything he did was for Vixie. ''Where those two little guys come from?" Zeus noticed how thin and scrawny the smallest of the pups were, he could see her spine and ribs.

_

Pandora had been asleep through the entire ordeal of finding Honey and discussing ways to feed her. Now that the men had left the yard she was wide awake as swell as the feisty pups in her belly. The pretty eyed Great Dane followed Vixie's scent to a clearing of dirt and piled up cars and tires, where she saw Zeus , Vixie, Jack and a new puppy.

She walked over to the pups since Zeus and Vix were talking and swatted Jack with her paw on his rump. "Hey pup," she said with a smile. "Who's your pretty lady friend?"

Vixie wags her tail happily at Zues as he sits down, for some reason she was the only one of the junyard dogs that he was nice to. "Hello Zues," She pauses and looks over to the puppies to see Pandora talking to them, "Well, Jack has been here for a while now. Honey, however, just showed up. She's still nursing age, and Bowser Jasper and Copper went off to fetch some milk the sweet thing." She says, then smiles. "How has your day been, Zues?"

"Marvelous," he retorted dryly a half smirk on his lips. He felt bad for the pup, abandoned at that age? How cruel. "But you know my day really starts when the sun goes down, I'm a creature of the night so to speak," He tossed her a lop sided grin, one of his ears flopped over. "Milk? What Kind?" He asked as he watched the pups play.

"Well, we'll see what kind of milk when they get back. They didn't really specify, all they said is that they would be going to a grocery store to get some." She says, before standing up and stretching. "It looks like Pandora has this covered, walk with me?"

Zeus shrugged. Before standing but he was still concerned. "Human milk? Dammit Vix, that could kill them. The only creatures on this planet that can live off of that stuff is humans, that milk will Kill her." He said in hushed tones as he walked with Vixie, eyes open and alert on the watch for intruders. "We have to find her something else,"

"Well what are we supposed to do, huh? I can't feed her because I don't generate milk, and I don't know who can. They get that milk from cows, you know." She says before she gives off a huge sigh. Why did he even care? He never seemed to like junkyard dogs, why would he care now? She looks down as she walks beside Zues, tears threatening to go down her eyes. She didn't want Honey to die, but she believed in Bowser Copper and Jasper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back