• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stray Away

"Yay!" Jack bounced. "I knew it would be a good thing to bring!" He froze, then scratched behind his ear with his back foot intensely. He then perked up again, before going back to his bird.

Vixie chuckles at Jack, then uses her teeth to scratch her shoulder. "Well, I'm going to go and see if anything has happened. I'll catch you later, pup." She says, before nudging Jack with her nose and trotting off.

Bowser walks up importantly and inspects the rut that Vixie had dug. He then grunts his approval before turning towards Jack. "So did you have fun on our little.. Adventure?" He asks, sitting down beside him.

"Bye!" he called after her, then upon hearing Bowser's voice he whirled. "Yeah! That was really fun! What do we get to do now?" he asked eagerly, playing with the bird in-between his paws.

Bowser gives off a loud yawn. "Now, we get to rest." He says and stretches out his body. "We had a long day today, we deserve a nice night's sleep." The great dane says sleepily.

"Oh..." the pup nodded sheepishly, before laying his head on his paws. "Okay..." He yawned as well, and curled up around the half-eaten bird at his feet. "Goodnight, Bowser!" he whispered, his eyes closed. Then he fell asleep. Normally, Jack would have protested, but today he was really slepy, so he obliged without much hesitation.

Bowser's eyes twinkled down at the pup, then he lays his head down as well. Staring straight forward until his eyes slowly started to drift closed. Letting him slip into a shallow sleep.

It was funny how everyone else was asleep; everyone else except for Honey. The blue eyed Pitt was cold, wet and a filthy muddy mess. She had been abandoned by her owners days ago, left on the sidewalk to fend for herself. To be quite honest, things didn't go over well. Now she found herself in some god forsaken junkyard, her pink little nose desperately searching for any scent of food. Her belly ached and rumbled and the little pup sound found herself lost in the never ending piles of junk. She was scared and alone so she did what any other puppy would do.

She cried.

Vixie's ears perked up when she heard the cry of an unknown puppy. She sticks her nose to the ground, sniffing and finally finding the sent. She quickly followed it, and soon came upon a pit bull puppy. She walks up to her slowly and with a calming voice she says, "Hi, my name is Vixie, are you lost?"

Honey was filthy, and tears glistened in her baby blue eyes threatening to spill. The sweet calming sound of another's voice brought her out of her terror induced panic, fear melting away only to be replaced by cool relief. Honey ran over to the female crowding her small thin frame up against Vixie's forelegs a quiet sniffle escaped the puppy before she replied. "T-they left me all alone and didn't come back, where did they go?" Honey cried neglecting to answer Vixie's question. "Why'd they leave me?"

Honey was trying to wrap her mind around the fact that her humans had abandoned her, taking her mother with them. When she had been abandoned, she had yet to be weaned; surviving on a milk diet. So Honey quickly lost weight after she was abandoned, not having a clue as to where to get milk from.

Vixie's eyes widened and she licked the young one's head. "You poor dear. I'm so sorry. Come on, follow me. There are more dogs here, we can take care of you. You won't be alone again." She says sweetly. "I promise." She says, and she meant it. All puppies that showed up here were taken in and fed in any way possible, Vixie would find a way to feed her, she had to.

Copper could hear all of the stirrings of the other dogs. His head shot up as he hear a small pup and Vixie's voice. He quickly got up and hurried his way towards them. "What do we have going on?" he asked Vixie, looking at the grungy pup. A tinge of sorrow filled his head. Abandoned, most likely. Humans are awful creatures. "What's your name?" he asked, his voice quiet and smooth as to not scare the already frightened pup.

Honey sat down on Vixie's paw, finally completely reassured, but still struggling to blink away her tears. She backed underneath Vixie when the other dog showed up, but he turned out not to be that frightening. "Honey."She replied with apprehensive blue orbs for eyes. no surprise there, er fur was honey colored as well. Perhaps thats where her owners got the name from? She blinked away the last of her tears and her tongue flickered out and dragged over her nose and around the right side of her mouth.

The skin around her mouth was...excessive? She was part boxer and part Pit Bull so that was bound to happen. Often the excessive skin on her muzzle would get caught on one of her teeth, giving her the appearance of snarling. "What's your name?" She asked cocking her head to the side her ears flopping.

Jasper was sleeping on top of the junk yard pile quietly that was until he heard the sound of Honey's cries. He watched as Vixie and Copper calmed her down and comforted her. He slid down the pile and heard something coming from a pile of newspapers. He walked over to it in sneak mode and squashed a small mouse in his paws. He then scooped it up in his mouth and devoured it whole and licked his paws as he sat behind Vixie and Copper listening to the conversation. He looked over to Honey observing the new junkyard dog. It's only a matter of time before two puppies start biting my ears again. He thought to himself

Bowser stands up and walks towards the sound of the cries, but he stops and sits down beside Jasper. "What do you think is going on?" He asks his right hand kanine, puffing his chest out importantly as he watches Vixie and Copper comfort the pup, it had seemed to have taken a liking to Vixie.

Copper smiled at the young pup. "I'm Copper. Yea, it's not as great of a name as Honey, but it does well." he laughed and looked behind him, noticing Jasper and Bowser behind them. He turned his attention back to Vixie and Honey. What were they going to feed this pup? She was obviously too young to have been weened off of her mother's milk. The only option was to give her actually food and ween her themselves.

Jasper noticed Bowser's presence and didn't look at him. "What do you think is going on?" Bowser said to Jasper.

"The pup is just saddened by her past, I'm sure if we make her seem a bit more welcome she will feel a bit better. I could show her around if that would be alright with you Bowser." Jasper said making a serious expression, still observing Honey. Although he couldn't stop but look at Vixie as well. He shook his head a bit and looked to Bowser waiting for a reply.

Vixie glanced behind them, noticing Bowser and Jasper's presence. She then leans down and licks the pup's head, getting some of the dirt off of her. "You're safe here, Honey." She says, then turns back to look at Jasper and Bowser expectantly.

Bowser nods his head in approval to Jasper's request. "That would be fine, take care of her and show her compassion. That's what she needs right now." He says, standing up and walking over to where the puppy was sitting under Vixie. "Are you okay?"

Jasper towered over Vixie and looked over to Honey. It felt like stray dogs were coming to the JunkYard every month, it may have been a good thing but it could also could mean something bad. Jasper didn't know what to think of it "When did this pup come?" He whispered to Vixie.

Vixie jumps at Jasper's voice and turns towards him wagging her tail. "She just showed up, she seems like a good puppy" Vixie smiles at Jasper and sits down beside him.

The appearance of more and more dogs, didn't go unnoticed by the bright eyed pup. Her little tail began to thump against the ground, slowly but surely gaining in pace. She heard them whispering about her, but she didn't mind, much too busy focusing on Copper's ears. They were much too high to reach, but she silently reminded herself to get her paws on one of them sooner or later.

When Honey caught sight of the Great Dane, her initial reaction was to be afraid but for some reason she couldn't. Yes, Bowser was thrice everyone's size but that didn't intimidate Honey in the least.

"Copper? Oh well, hi." She said innocently edging away from Vixie a bit. She gained enough courage to walk over to copper, her little nose working over time, sniffing the much bigger dog. Honey's tail was wagging a bit from side to side as she curious sniffed around Copper, and she ended up picking up another scent and followed it mindlessly. After bumping into Jasper and Vixie she followed it up the hill and towards Bowser.

Her little nose wrinkle and her tongue licked her chops once again. "You smell funny,"

The big dog stares at the puppy in awe. "Well not everybody can smell like roses, you know?" He jokes, then reaches down and sniffs the puppy, copying her reaction. "You smell just as bad." He laughs.

Jasper laughs bit as Vixie jumps. He smiles and looks over to Vixie "She probably is a good puppy. I'm sure she'll cheer up a bit when she starts living here." He says and sits closer to Vixie. He looks back down feeling the wet nose touch his paw which seems to be almost the same size as the puppy.

"You smell funny." The young pup said. Jasper started to smile and looked over to Bowser.

"You just smell as bad." Bowser laughs. Jasper watched as the dog and pup joked around and listened to see what the young pup would say.

A laugh escaped the puppy and swatted at Bowsers muzzle before rolling onto her back try trying again swatting and only hitting air. She was content to coerce Bowser into playing with her, by pouncing on his tail nipping at his hind legs (Though I highly doubt that was even felt, Honey still had only her milk teeth.) and wagging her tail. But her play was interrupted by the sound of her grumbling and growling stomach.

Honey was starving.

You could see her ribs and spine through her fur, and she hadn't Eaten in days. She was reduced to sitting sheepishly, her ears drooped and her expression abashed.

(GTG I'll be back soon guys. Join my lion pride btw! <333) 
(Back!!! Sorta)) 
(Officially, back. :x )

Copper looked over to the food pile. It's all they could offer to the small pup. He looked to the other dogs. He didn't know what to do. He scampered off towards the pile and grabbed a plump squirrel. "Here," he nudged the dead lump towards the puppy. "Try this. It's not bad at all." Yea, it wasn't milk, but it's all Copper had to offer. He knew it would most likely take a while for Honey to get used to it. Weening was never easy.

Jack yawned sleepily, opening his eyes finally, though still letting his head rest on his paws. Suddenly, he noticed a new dog, not much younger than himself. His ears perked up, followed by his head, and then his body as well. Stretching, he padded over to the newcomer excitedly, tongue hanging out. "Hiya," he said. "I'm Jack. What's your name?" His tail wagged to match his expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back