• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Stealing From a God

Max stood in her store messy bun bouncing ontop of her head as she hummed quietly to herself and danced around.Her mood was good today thankfully after a good morning of orders. Her flower shop had quite literally been blooming as of late. She was getting tons of orders as well as customers in store to grab flowers. She was so happy that her dream was finally coming true. She had worked her ass off over the past 10 years to get this store off the ground abd running. Located in the middle of the city she was at a prime spot for business men getting things for their wives or mistresses and for just people strolling down the streets. She heard the bell ding signaling a customer and turned around the greet them. She was soon floored though when she saw the man infront of her. His tall looming figure, plump lips, and hypnotizing green eyes had her swooning "Hello how can I help you today?" She asked the man as she walked to him.

Ivar sat in his office groaning softly as his normal aching pain shot through his body. He was thankful it was a warmer day, it usually helped ease his legs but they were still deciding to give him trouble. He ran a hand over his face when he heard a knock at the door "What?!" He barked already irritated with everything that day. He frowned though when his long time fianceè walked through the door holding what looked to be a sack lunch "I thought I told you I didn't want you up here today hm?" He said in a vicious tone. He had loved her from the moment they met. As of late though with the stress of his job and just his over all shit attitude they were a ticking timebomb. She was every bit just as fiesty as he could be and when they started to go at it it was best that no one be around the two of them.

Carmen sighed quietly, glancing over at the bag of food and the bottle of painkillers in the front seat next to her. He’d left them on the side that morning, claiming he would be fine without them but she knew better than that so she was on her way to drop them off for him. She parked in front of the building as always, passing the valet her keys then headed straight in, giving the door guy a small bag of homemade cookies. “For your girls Hank.” She smiled at him some. “He in the office?” She asked, heading straight up there and knocked once before waltzing in and setting the food on his desk, ignoring his tone. “And I thought I told you to bring your painkillers.” She smirked, pecking his cheek whether he liked it or not and popped the bottle into his hand.

Bill was getting ready for his next meeting with the recently booming business that was the florists a few blocks over from the offices, shaking his head some. He was ready to go in and give them the ultimatum and the cost of owning a business in their territory. She’d slipped under their radar for a long time just because she wasn’t making much but the last year or so they had noticed business taking off for her and so now she had to pay the price. He decided to walk that lunch time, heading down there on his own and waltzed straight in with a plan but the whole thing was dashed when he laid eyes on the woman that owned it.

Ivar grumbled a thank you before popping the painkillers in his mouth and swallowing them dry. He sighed heavily as he rubbed at his legs a bit "I've got another meeting here soon, then I'll be home. You want take out for dinner?" He asked as his tone softened when the pain killers started to kick in.

Max gave the man a sweet smile before greeting him again "Can I help you find anything sir? Are you looking for a certain flower? Maybe a bouquet for your girlfriend?" She asked giving her normal sales pitch not knowing who he was at all.

She nodded and sat down. “Sounds good to me. Let me know what you want and I’ll have it ordered by the time you get gone okay? I wish you’d take those with water.” She muttered, passing him the bottle she’d brought with her, just watching him. “I’m gonna do groceries tomorrow afternoon. But I have work tomorrow morning… if you need me then I’ll be at the salon.” She murmured, moving to sit next to him and took his hand in hers gently. “Is that new mattress helping your back yet?” She asked, kissing his cheek.

Bill smirked a little and shook his head. “No I uh… I had a question but it doesn’t really matter now…. And no girlfriend.” He told her. “How long you had this shop here?” He asked her, stalling to try and decide how he was going to tackle this now. Her being attractive shouldn’t have made this much of an impact on him but something was stopping him from laying down the law with her.

Ivar sipped at the water she gave him and sighed some "Not that I can tell.....the weather has been helping some too." He mumbled before resting his head on her shoulder closing his eyes a bit "Salon is fine, shouldn't need anything." He mumbled before he looked up at her with exhausted eyes "These meetings are killing me."

Max gave a small nod and smiled some "Oh I've had it for a little over a year. I bought it off the last owner because they went out of business. Its finally taking off though now that I have everything perfect." She said proudly as she looked around her shop then back to him "So what was your question?" She asked wanting to keep him there for as long as she could. For some reason he intrigued her and she didn't want him to leave.

She frowned and just kissed his forehead soothingly. “I know baby I know, once this deal is finished though I think we need to get away on holiday for a little bit… away from the family and just have time to us. I know we’re hanging by a thread right now no matter how much I love you and you me… and if we can just hold on til then I think we’ll be good to go.” She murmured, pecking his lips.

Bill nodded some. “Well I hope you’re staying safe. I hear this neighbourhood can get kinda rough sometimes. What with the mob just down the street.” He said, watching her intently.

Ivar pecked her lips back giving a small nod "Yeah...maybe that'll be good for us." He said softly before cupping her face just staring at her for a moment "You know I love you right? Even in my miserable state of being." He said quietly

Max raised an eyebrow and frowned some "I haven't had any troubles. The people seem nice enough." She murmured before going a little wide eyed at the mention of the mob "Really? The mob? They're down the way? I had no idea." She said seriously

She sighed quietly and just gave his arm a squeeze, "I know... I'm gonna get going home alright? I'll see you when you get back." She murmured, kissing his cheek, "If Sigurd is a dick, give him hell." She winked at him, picking up her bag and heading out of his office, sighign quietly. She did love him more than anything but at the same time she didn't have the heart to tell him that sometimes love isn't enough.

Bill nodded some and smirked, "Oh yeah... Just keep an eye out... It was nice meeting you, just thought I'd uh... come check it out in here." He told her awkwardly before giving her a wave and leaving.

Ivar gave her a nod before he started to get his braces back on as she left. He sighed heavily as he grabbed his lunch and crutch making his way to the conference room of their building for this meeting.

Max gave a small nod looking at him very confused now "Right...I will...nice meeting you too." She said in a bit of questioning tone. He was acting very odd for some reason and their whole interaction was a bit strange. Yet she wanted to know more about him.

As promised, their dinner was ordered and on the table by the time he got home but by that point she noted that his mood had gotten worse and it was all she could do to stay out of his way so she didn't invoke any more of his anger.

Bill headed back to the offices in time for the meeting, going to sit in with everyone and stayed quiet until he had to give his part, "I spoke to the woman that runs the florists now... We'll have to see how she responds." He explained, frowning a little. Not liking that he had just lied to the family but in his eyes there was no way he was going to be the one to put that pressure on the young woman and he had no idea why he felt that way either

Sigurd watched Bill a bit and gave a small nod "Go back day after tomorrow if she hasn't responded." He muttered before looking to Ivar and smirking some "So dear brother, have you found that 'lost' shipment yet?" He asked in a teasing tone knowing it would rile Ivar up and from then on the meeting was the two of them screaming at one another.

Ivar got home fuming after the meeting he had with them all. Sigurd was getting on his last nerve and the fact he was still blaming him for somethimg he had nothing to do with was killing him. The family would soon be on his ass if he didn't find that drug shipment soon. He looked at the food as he got into the dining area and sat down "I need the jets tonight, painkillers wore off." He muttered

she frowned and shook her head. “Hi honey how was your day? Mine was great thanks for asking.” She spat. “And you’re missing a few question marks in there. Run yourself a bath.” She muttered. “I’ve warned you before Ivar I won’t be spoken to like a housemaid.” She told him.

bill nodded to himself, just heading straight home and starting to get ready for a few shipments over the next few weeks but his mind was elsewhere, still on the beautiful florist, already making plans to go see her tomorrow

Ivar slammed his fist on the table whipping his head around to glare at her "I am not in the fucking mood right now Carmen! I have had a shit day and am in a lot of pain. So I'm sorry if I fucking forget to add please or ask how your day off has been!" He snapped

Max closed up for the night and gave a soft sigh making her way to her small apartment. She got inside and yawned before collapsing onto the bed falling asleep almost instantly after a long day.

She frowned and just stared at him. “Run your own fucking bath. I’m going out.” She muttered, getting up and dumping her food in the trash, going to get changed and grab her bag, sick and tired of dealing with his mood swings. She didn’t make it back to the house tik around 3am and slept on the couch once she did get back.

Bill got up early the next morning, making his way out to get a coffee as soon as he was dressed, having a rare day to himself and soon got to the flower shop just after she opened. He was feeling brave after finishing all his proposals last night and looking his best as he headed inside, looking over at the woman behind the counter again, this time smiling as he got in. “Hey, I did forget to ask you something yesterday.” He told her.

Ivar went through the night still in a shit mood. He woke up the next morning and sighed heavily trying to get up and make his way to the restroom. As soon as he stood though his left leg buckled making him scream in pain when he heard a familiar crack of his bones.

Max glanced up when she heard the bell to her door and smiled wide seeing the man from yesterday. "Good morning...yeah I think you forgot your question or something of that nature." She teased before pushing the cash register closed and stepping out from behind her counter "What can I help you with today? Figure out which flowers you want to get?" She asked sweetly.

He smiled and watched her. “I forgot to ask for your number.” He told her. “If you’re happy to give it that is. If not I’ll leave you alone.” He told her, still smiling.

carmen woke up to the noise and headed upstairs, seeing his crutches still leant up against their bed and Ivar on the floor, going and sitting next to him, knowing better than to try and move him. “Tell me what you need.” She coaxed gently, taking his hand so he could squeeze.

Max looked at him shocked as a bright red blush creeped onto her cheeks "Hmmm...I don't give my number to strangers." She said with a small smirk on her face "Whats your name?" She asked as she watched him a bit.

Ivar was panting through gritted teeth when she got into the room. He squeezed her hand tight as she came to be beside him "Leg....broken...probably...can't...fuck..can't move it." He panted out through his pain squeezing his eyes tight trying to relax the best he could.

She nodded gently and pulled her phone out, calling for an ambulance so they could help him. “I gotta get up to get your painkillers babe.” She told him quietly, letting go of his hand for a moment to get his pills and some water for him, passing it to him. “You want me to call your mother?” She asked him quietly.

bill smiled as he watched her. “Bill Skarsgard.” He told her. “What about yours?” He asked, just watching her.

Ivar took the painkiller as soon as they hit his hand and shook his head softly "No...no just....just stay with me please..." he panted taking a deep breath and closing his eyes some. It wasn't often he let himself be vulnerable, but at times like these all he wanted was her comfort around him.

Max smiled happily and stuck her hand out to shake with him "Maxine Wends, but you can call me Max." She said happily before blushing as he kissed her knuckles "Well then....now that we aren't strangers, let me get you that number."

She frowned but nodded and kissed his head, very carefully moving so he was laid up against her and just held him carefully, “look at me Ivar.” She coaxed, noting how blue his eyes were. “I’m not moving but I’m calling Hvitserk.” She told him. “Let him know you’re not coming in today.” She told him quietly and kissed his head again trying to soothe him

Bill smiled some. “I see you’re closed on Mondays…. I happen to not be working tomorrow…. Would you be interested in a date?” He asked her. “We can do it in public if you’re worried about strangers.” He assured her.

Ivar frowned deeply at the mention of his brother but gave a small nod "Tell him...tell him I fell. Just make sure not tell Sigurd." He murmured shaking his head some yelping as his leg shifted.

Max smiled more as she went to her check out counter and wrote her number on a piece of paper "You're much more talkative today." She said before handing him the sheet of paper. She beamed at him when he asked her for a date and gave a small nod "I'd love to go on a date." She said before laughing some "Well with all that Mob talk yesterday what can I say? But I mean you're a pretty intimidating guy...I bet no one would mess with you." She said before biting her lip gently.

She frowned but nodded and just smoothed his hair back. “I wasn’t going to.” She promised, speaking to Hvitserk for a minute before hanging up and frowning seeing the medics still hadn’t arrived, “Ivar I need to go check outside. You need to let me get up.” She told him.

He smirked a little, taking the paper. “What’s your coffee order?” He asked her, ignoring the question of being messed with. He wasn’t gonna go down that road this early on with her.

Ivar whimpered quietly but nodded as he started to move off of her lap. He let her go off before he took deep breaths trying to keep the pain at bay while the pain killers did nothing to help.

Max looked at him a bit confused but smiled some "Anything Pumpkin Spice or White Chocolate." She said giving him a small laugh "I'm pretty basic when it comes to my coffee."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back