• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Stats+Points Open World RP, anyone?

Are you on board??

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe.. (Suggestions to make it a def yes?)

• Nah (May I ask why?)

• Total voters

Geeky Bunny

Magical Bun
This is both.. simple and complex, depending on what you're used to. The stuff in here are also not set in stone and I am open to suggestions!

Well let me start off with the underlying straight-to-the-point plot:

For 3 Centuries, monsters have been spawned from the underworld and relentlessly havoc earth. As a result, races have evolved in different ways to survive, even to the point of obtaining 'special abilities.' Those with these abilities are called Fables, and are both loved and hated in their communities.

Some just accept this fate and live amongst the chaos, some pray to a higher power for mercy while living in secluded areas, but a few(though slowly growing in numbers) have chosen to fight. (*clears throat* I recommend that your character has chosen to fight)

/The monsters will be based off four elements, Water, Fire, Air, Earth. Different monsters reside in different lands./

--

• This RP will have NPC’s, Linear plot events, Quests, Prices, And Pre-existing settings
  • You are allowed to choose whatever style you like(as in Steampunk, modern, medieval fantasy-whatever rows your boat!)
  • Though there will be settings, you can add/create any land you want, whether your character is from there or headed there.
  • Whether you are a Simple RP’er or Detailed, we welcome you! Just follow the site rules(and basic rp rules)
  • You don't have to follow the plot or even do quests, just do your own thing

Alright here’s where the fun begins:

• Characters won’t start off completely perfect. Let your OC grow(it’s more fun that way)
  • Every character will start off with the base amount of points(haven’t decided the amount yet)
  • You can Defeat monsters(Fighting monsters and their worth will vary), Finish quests, PvP, and much more to earn points
  • The more points you have, the more powerful you become.
  • Your character can only have up to 1 basic ability at first, but as you earn points you can either level up your ability and enhance it, or acquire another ability (up to 5 abilities total) to later level up.
  • Different races will have different stats but everyone has an equal opportunity at leveling up.

Simple enough, eh?

Thoughts, suggestions, questions??

Reply and let me know!

You're probably going to need a more concrete system to use those points, stats, and abilities, and resolve conflicts. And keep a close eye on what pre-extant or invented settings you allow, as power can scale in strange directions.

I'd be put off by the clear lack of a thematic through-line or consistent tone and the inherent chaos of such an ill-defined setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back