• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern stars and butterflies — a regency era roleplay

social

falling for you™
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
it's the biggest event of the year
the season.
“Get those corsets laced tighter ladies, for tonight is all about first impressions. You are being presented to every single eligible bachelor in England and your only purpose is to catch their attention. Shoulders back, chin up, don’t let a single hair fall out of place. We don’t have time for silly things such as flowers in your hair or a new style of dress, we have to stick with tradition. You are to stay with your chaperone all evening, only leaving them when you are dancing with a gentleman. If I see as much as one of you sneaking off to cause nothing short of a scandal, rest assured that you will never again be able to show your face in society again.”

Every girl dreams about debuting in society, to receive various gifts and glorious bouquets from handsome men as they try and win their hand in marriage. Why it’s the only thing that these women can hope to do? Securing a wealthy husband and bearing an heir to his title and land is what they were trained for. They are expected to do it all while the men bring in wealth and enjoy the fruits of their labor in the shape of their children. Honestly, it’s quite the spectacle. However, there is a proper order to these things, one cannot just stumble upon a wealthy Duke or Lord on the street and expect to marry them. No no, as a lady you must meet your future husband during the season, as only the most respectable bachelors and ladies will be present. Of course, debuting in society and participating in the season is a very romantic thing to think about, but it is a lot more difficult than anyone will ever let on.

The social season has just begun, and various mothers using this as an excuse to present their daughters to society, naturally causing quite a buzz among the various high-class families. Quite a few participants in this year’s season are unexpected and certainly scandalous. A painfully single Duke is said to be appearing to select a wife, while there are whispers that a baron’s daughter has eloped with a poor farmer, and now her younger sister is taking her place in society. There are rumors about secret love affairs and those who are only looking to swindle people out of their money. It is nothing short of fabulous in the eyes of high society, but it is perfectly dreadful for everyone who is involved. Family names and reputations may be dragged through the mud, things may come out that could ruin the chances of ever getting married, and possibly, the thought of running away and escaping it all might become too overwhelming for anyone to ignore. All we can say is good luck, and please try to have an enjoyable season this year.

This roleplay is going to take place in April of 1813, right at the start of the high society season. The season is when women can present themselves to society in hopes of securing a proper husband. It’s the biggest event of the year and anyone single and wealthy will be there. There are various balls, dinners, charity events, and luncheons that happen from April until the end of June, in hopes that these settings will result in some matches being made. Women who aren’t able to find a partner during the season are more than welcome to return in the following ones, but they often will have bad reputations for being undesirable. Men of all ages are present at these social events, some of whom are only looking for a young wife to bear their children before they get too old. It’s also possible that people are lying their way into these events, faking their papers and titles, all so that they can pursue someone they truly love.

Since this is heavily based on various regency-era dramas such as the works of Jane Austen and the show Bridgerton, I am encouraging drama and romance. I’m not going to force people to match up with each other as I want the characters to be very free and untraditional in the sense that they don’t necessarily agree with the season or want to go through with it. I’m letting everyone have free reign when it comes to the roles as in you can have various POC and LGTBQ+ characters and can enjoy that sort of freedom. I don’t want to include the severe homophobia and transphobia that occurred in this era, meaning I will not make it illegal or punishable by death because that is so ridiculous. I do want it to still be a bit of a shock and kind of taboo since it would be the equivalent of a scandalous marriage or a woman being unmarried and pregnant. I will be providing links to titles and more about the social season of the era so that everyone can stay in the loop and understand some of the basics. Ultimately I want everyone to have fun with a drama-filled romantic roleplay that focuses on the difficulties of the social season in London. If you have any questions let me know.

PLEASE NOTE: all last names of roles are allowed to be changed if you choose to.

This Season's Ladies
Lady of Devonshire
The younger sister of the Duke, she has enjoyed the life of a free spirit, able to stay at home and learn all there is about the world. Much more interested in literature than her social endeavors, it came as a surprise when her mother announced that she would be partaking in this year’s season. Debuting and being pranced around like some show pony is the last thing she wants but she can’t say no to her mother.

Daughter of the Earl of Essex - taken by social
Once considered a jewel of London high society, she has once again returned to London to find a husband. You see, she thought she had stumbled upon the perfect suitor about two years ago, a newcomer who had an abundance of wealth and a charming smile, and he was incredibly fond of her. They courted and were quickly engaged, everything was going according to plan. However, right before the wedding, he had convinced her to elope with him, but he did it to steal her inheritance. He managed to get away with half, leaving behind a broken heart. Her presence this season is causing quite a stir among the ladies and gentlemen.

Daughter of the Earl Langley - Reserved for junegloom
This diamond in the rough is someone who has lived a life of luxury, adopted by her wealthy aunt and uncle who raised her as their own. She’s known nothing outside of the world they have spun for her and they intend to keep it that way. However, there are whispers among the high class that she doesn’t belong among them, I mean, after all, she doesn’t even look related to either of them.

The Eldest Daughter of Baron Fitzroy
As the eldest daughter, she has always been expected to set the standards for the family. She must choose the perfect husband and save her other sisters from possibly losing the family fortune when her father dies. It’s a difficult price to pay when you have five younger sisters and a sickly mother who can’t fight against her husband’s demands. From the start, she has been doing everything in her power to become the perfect wife, but in the process, it seems like she’s only succeeded in losing herself.

The Daughter of Viscount Brisbane
The only daughter of Viscount Brisbane, she’s been groomed by her aunt since birth on how to become the perfect bride. With no mother to call her own, she grew up with the strong hand of her father and the controlling gaze of her aunt, never allowing her to have a hair out of place or a nail that was ever so slightly chipped. The season is her first taste of freedom and frankly, it would be a waste for her not to enjoy it. So who can fault this newly debuted dove the chance to spread her wings and have some fun?

The Daughter of Viscount Berkely
Raised out in the countryside far away from London’s high society, she was never forced to endure what most of these girls go through. There was no poking and prodding when her corset wasn’t laced tight enough and she didn’t get in trouble for sneaking an extra piece of cake. But now she’s in the public eye and she has to pretend like she knows what she’s doing, even though she hasn’t got a clue. Let’s just hope she doesn’t attract unwanted attention and end up in a nasty scandal.

The Youngest Daughter of Baron Huxley
Her older sister ran away with a farmer and never looked back, leaving [Blank] to pick up where she left off. It was a lot of responsibility to fall on her shoulders, especially since she wasn’t expecting it nor was she planning on debuting for at least two years. Naturally, it’s difficult for a girl who hasn’t been training continuously to step into society and secure a match. She’s pitied by many in society and those in the season this year don’t even feel threatened by her. But maybe they should.

The Second Eldest Daughter of the Earl of Durham
If reputation and status mean anything to you, it certainly doesn’t for her. Rumors have surrounded her since she first debuted at the young age of 17 years old and hasn’t been back in society since. There are stories about her and she never confirms or denies them. The most recent one is her previously being the mistress of a very wealthy and powerful man, but the wife found out and that’s why she’s back in the season, hoping to find someone to tie her down. Now, who would be brave enough to do that?

This Season’s Gentlemen
The Duke of Devonshire - taken by social
Not one to settle down, he hasn’t attended the season since he was 18 years old. He has always been very quiet about his personal life, only rumors about him having a lover hidden away in the countryside giving any information about him. However, since the untimely death of his father, he is now forced to choose a future wife, much to his own disappointment. There’s a possibility he is only doing it for a show as his heart may be completely taken by the one he has kept hidden from the public eye for oh so long.

The Oldest Son of Baron Lyly
Entitled and full of himself, he is rather disliked by this season’s gentlemen. Maybe it’s jealousy, or maybe it’s because this boy has a bad attitude, but he is the one who is known to cause quite a stir. Whether it’s because he messed with someone’s engagement or toyed with a girl’s heart, but he has a reputation for making a mess of every social season he attends. Maybe this year he will finally decide to keep his hands to himself and find someone worth settling down with.

The Son of the Earl of Kent
A sweetheart and someone everyone wants a piece of, he’s the perfect husband. Sweet, understanding, kind, smart, what’s not to like? Unfortunately, it seems like his gaze is controlled by his all-knowing mother who knows all the gossip that surrounds every leading lady of this year’s season. With someone like her by his side, he’ll be lucky to sneak one dance in before June hits us with its lovely summer weather.

The Son of Viscount Haddington - taken by social
Have you ever heard of Viscount Haddington and his son? No? Well, neither have I for that matter! A complete dark horse, nothing but an air of mystery surrounds him, and honestly, he hasn’t done anything to show off his character in the slightest. Just a blank slate and someone the other men need to look out for. I mean how often does a mysterious stranger grace our popular social season with a spotless reputation?

The Son of the Earl Langley - Reserved for junegloom
Haven’t you heard? He’s been abroad in Greece for the last three years, soaking up the wonderful oceanside sun and the unique culture the country has to offer. But now he’s back in London and he’s here to show everyone what he’s learned. He may not have stayed in the city of love, but certainly, something has turned this man into a casanova that nobody expected to see.

The Former Prince of Westphalia
A prince without a kingdom, how sad. The monarchy ended this year and now this ex-royal is looking for a wife to fill the emptiness in his new home. He is known for his cold exterior and piercing gaze, but maybe there’s more to this prince than you know. He lost his family, his palace, and his title, all he has left is his life and money, and honestly, who can say no to that?

The Oldest Son of the Duke Talbot
Being the oldest son of any family must be difficult, but especially so for this particular suitor. His sister is quite famous for marrying a duke who is related to our loving royal family, and naturally high expectations are finding their way to him as well. He has a name and reputation to uphold, hopefully following in the footsteps of his sister and finding quite a perfect match. But what will he do about his family's fortune slowly running out? Wouldn’t it just be embarrassing if he found himself to be just a poor pauper while his sister lives the life of a royal? I’d hate to hear what his father would say.

The Youngest Son of Baron Fitzgerald
Our darling Baron Fitzgerald has done nothing but gift London with the finest bachelors every season. They are all quite dazzling and managed to find equally precious wives within the first month of the event. So why on Earth is this one so different? A son of a Baron who cannot match his brothers in anything other than academics? Why it’s simply laughable! I do hope he can do more than that or he may be the first Fitzgerald to attend every social season until he is an old man.

‣ This roleplay is NOT first come first serve, you must apply for a role and I will accept the best applicant
‣ Realistic face-claims are required
‣ Any role reservations are there because of people who helped me create the roleplay
‣ This roleplay will be 18+ for everyone who wants to apply because I want it to focus on the darker sides of high society and the pressure everyone is under
‣ There is a posting expectation meaning I am looking for people to post a minimum of three paragraphs at least once a week
‣ You must follow all of RPN’s rules and fade to black when needed
‣ I currently have no limit on characters but don’t bite off more than you can chew. If there is a role you would like to create, please PM me about it
‣ If you would like to spice up your character's role in a specific way (such as making one of the gentlemen a woman in disguise or something fun and dramatic like that) don't hesitate to PM me about it! I want everyone to have fun creating characters and have as much freedom as they want
‣ If your character has been accepted you will receive a PM from me
‣ I might be creating a discord channel for all the accepted characters so we can easily plot and figure events out
‣ I will NOT be forcing people to match up and be couples, we’re all adults and shipping is not mandatory
‣ Drama is encouraged and allowed, but try to keep it realistic (that means nobody is going to be the son of a mass murderer that rules over England or something like that)
‣ OOC drama or harassment will NOT be tolerated
coded by social (inspo cred to angcolor)

“Get those corsets laced tighter ladies, for tonight is all about first impressions. You are being presented to every single eligible bachelor in England and your only purpose is to catch their attention. Shoulders back, chin up, don’t let a single hair fall out of place. We don’t have time for silly things such as flowers in your hair or a new style of dress, we have to stick with tradition. You are to stay with your chaperone all evening, only leaving them when you are dancing with a gentleman. If I see as much as one of you sneaking off to cause nothing short of a scandal, rest assured that you will never again be able to show your face in society again.”

Every girl dreams about debuting in society, to receive various gifts and glorious bouquets from handsome men as they try and win their hand in marriage. Why it’s the only thing that these women can hope to do? Securing a wealthy husband and bearing an heir to his title and land is what they were trained for. They are expected to do it all while the men bring in wealth and enjoy the fruits of their labor in the shape of their children. Honestly, it’s quite the spectacle. However, there is a proper order to these things, one cannot just stumble upon a wealthy Duke or Lord on the street and expect to marry them. No no, as a lady you must meet your future husband during the season, as only the most respectable bachelors and ladies will be present. Of course, debuting in society and participating in the season is a very romantic thing to think about, but it is a lot more difficult than anyone will ever let on.

The social season has just begun, and various mothers using this as an excuse to present their daughters to society, naturally causing quite a buzz among the various high-class families. Quite a few participants in this year’s season are unexpected and certainly scandalous. A painfully single Duke is said to be appearing to select a wife, while there are whispers that a baron’s daughter has eloped with a poor farmer, and now her younger sister is taking her place in society. There are rumors about secret love affairs and those who are only looking to swindle people out of their money. It is nothing short of fabulous in the eyes of high society, but it is perfectly dreadful for everyone who is involved. Family names and reputations may be dragged through the mud, things may come out that could ruin the chances of ever getting married, and possibly, the thought of running away and escaping it all might become too overwhelming for anyone to ignore. All we can say is good luck, and please try to have an enjoyable season this year.

This roleplay is going to take place in April of 1813, right at the start of the high society season. The season is when women can present themselves to society in hopes of securing a proper husband. It’s the biggest event of the year and anyone single and wealthy will be there. There are various balls, dinners, charity events, and luncheons that happen from April until the end of June, in hopes that these settings will result in some matches being made. Women who aren’t able to find a partner during the season are more than welcome to return in the following ones, but they often will have bad reputations for being undesirable. Men of all ages are present at these social events, some of whom are only looking for a young wife to bear their children before they get too old. It’s also possible that people are lying their way into these events, faking their papers and titles, all so that they can pursue someone they truly love.

Since this is heavily based on various regency-era dramas such as the works of Jane Austen and the show Bridgerton, I am encouraging drama and romance. I’m not going to force people to match up with each other as I want the characters to be very free and untraditional in the sense that they don’t necessarily agree with the season or want to go through with it. I’m letting everyone have free reign when it comes to the roles as in you can have various POC and LGTBQ+ characters and can enjoy that sort of freedom. I don’t want to include the severe homophobia and transphobia that occurred in this era, meaning I will not make it illegal or punishable by death because that is so ridiculous. I do want it to still be a bit of a shock and kind of taboo since it would be the equivalent of a scandalous marriage or a woman being unmarried and pregnant. I will be providing links to titles and more about the social season of the era so that everyone can stay in the loop and understand some of the basics. Ultimately I want everyone to have fun with a drama-filled romantic roleplay that focuses on the difficulties of the social season in London. If you have any questions let me know.

PLEASE NOTE: all last names of roles are allowed to be changed if you choose to.

This Season's Ladies
Lady of Devonshire
The younger sister of the Duke, she has enjoyed the life of a free spirit, able to stay at home and learn all there is about the world. Much more interested in literature than her social endeavors, it came as a surprise when her mother announced that she would be partaking in this year’s season. Debuting and being pranced around like some show pony is the last thing she wants but she can’t say no to her mother.

Daughter of the Earl of Essex - taken by social
Once considered a jewel of London high society, she has once again returned to London to find a husband. You see, she thought she had stumbled upon the perfect suitor about two years ago, a newcomer who had an abundance of wealth and a charming smile, and he was incredibly fond of her. They courted and were quickly engaged, everything was going according to plan. However, right before the wedding, he had convinced her to elope with him, but he did it to steal her inheritance. He managed to get away with half, leaving behind a broken heart. Her presence this season is causing quite a stir among the ladies and gentlemen.

Daughter of the Earl Langley - Reserved for junegloom
This diamond in the rough is someone who has lived a life of luxury, adopted by her wealthy aunt and uncle who raised her as their own. She’s known nothing outside of the world they have spun for her and they intend to keep it that way. However, there are whispers among the high class that she doesn’t belong among them, I mean, after all, she doesn’t even look related to either of them.

The Eldest Daughter of Baron Fitzroy
As the eldest daughter, she has always been expected to set the standards for the family. She must choose the perfect husband and save her other sisters from possibly losing the family fortune when her father dies. It’s a difficult price to pay when you have five younger sisters and a sickly mother who can’t fight against her husband’s demands. From the start, she has been doing everything in her power to become the perfect wife, but in the process, it seems like she’s only succeeded in losing herself.

The Daughter of Viscount Brisbane
The only daughter of Viscount Brisbane, she’s been groomed by her aunt since birth on how to become the perfect bride. With no mother to call her own, she grew up with the strong hand of her father and the controlling gaze of her aunt, never allowing her to have a hair out of place or a nail that was ever so slightly chipped. The season is her first taste of freedom and frankly, it would be a waste for her not to enjoy it. So who can fault this newly debuted dove the chance to spread her wings and have some fun?

The Daughter of Viscount Berkely
Raised out in the countryside far away from London’s high society, she was never forced to endure what most of these girls go through. There was no poking and prodding when her corset wasn’t laced tight enough and she didn’t get in trouble for sneaking an extra piece of cake. But now she’s in the public eye and she has to pretend like she knows what she’s doing, even though she hasn’t got a clue. Let’s just hope she doesn’t attract unwanted attention and end up in a nasty scandal.

The Youngest Daughter of Baron Huxley
Her older sister ran away with a farmer and never looked back, leaving [Blank] to pick up where she left off. It was a lot of responsibility to fall on her shoulders, especially since she wasn’t expecting it nor was she planning on debuting for at least two years. Naturally, it’s difficult for a girl who hasn’t been training continuously to step into society and secure a match. She’s pitied by many in society and those in the season this year don’t even feel threatened by her. But maybe they should.

The Second Eldest Daughter of the Earl of Durham
If reputation and status mean anything to you, it certainly doesn’t for her. Rumors have surrounded her since she first debuted at the young age of 17 years old and hasn’t been back in society since. There are stories about her and she never confirms or denies them. The most recent one is her previously being the mistress of a very wealthy and powerful man, but the wife found out and that’s why she’s back in the season, hoping to find someone to tie her down. Now, who would be brave enough to do that?

This Season’s Gentlemen
The Duke of Devonshire - taken by social
Not one to settle down, he hasn’t attended the season since he was 18 years old. He has always been very quiet about his personal life, only rumors about him having a lover hidden away in the countryside giving any information about him. However, since the untimely death of his father, he is now forced to choose a future wife, much to his own disappointment. There’s a possibility he is only doing it for a show as his heart may be completely taken by the one he has kept hidden from the public eye for oh so long.

The Oldest Son of Baron Lyly
Entitled and full of himself, he is rather disliked by this season’s gentlemen. Maybe it’s jealousy, or maybe it’s because this boy has a bad attitude, but he is the one who is known to cause quite a stir. Whether it’s because he messed with someone’s engagement or toyed with a girl’s heart, but he has a reputation for making a mess of every social season he attends. Maybe this year he will finally decide to keep his hands to himself and find someone worth settling down with.

The Son of the Earl of Kent
A sweetheart and someone everyone wants a piece of, he’s the perfect husband. Sweet, understanding, kind, smart, what’s not to like? Unfortunately, it seems like his gaze is controlled by his all-knowing mother who knows all the gossip that surrounds every leading lady of this year’s season. With someone like her by his side, he’ll be lucky to sneak one dance in before June hits us with its lovely summer weather.

The Son of Viscount Haddington - taken by social
Have you ever heard of Viscount Haddington and his son? No? Well, neither have I for that matter! A complete dark horse, nothing but an air of mystery surrounds him, and honestly, he hasn’t done anything to show off his character in the slightest. Just a blank slate and someone the other men need to look out for. I mean how often does a mysterious stranger grace our popular social season with a spotless reputation?

The Son of the Earl Langley - Reserved for junegloom
Haven’t you heard? He’s been abroad in Greece for the last three years, soaking up the wonderful oceanside sun and the unique culture the country has to offer. But now he’s back in London and he’s here to show everyone what he’s learned. He may not have stayed in the city of love, but certainly, something has turned this man into a casanova that nobody expected to see.

The Former Prince of Westphalia
A prince without a kingdom, how sad. The monarchy ended this year and now this ex-royal is looking for a wife to fill the emptiness in his new home. He is known for his cold exterior and piercing gaze, but maybe there’s more to this prince than you know. He lost his family, his palace, and his title, all he has left is his life and money, and honestly, who can say no to that?

The Oldest Son of the Duke Talbot
Being the oldest son of any family must be difficult, but especially so for this particular suitor. His sister is quite famous for marrying a duke who is related to our loving royal family, and naturally high expectations are finding their way to him as well. He has a name and reputation to uphold, hopefully following in the footsteps of his sister and finding quite a perfect match. But what will he do about his family's fortune slowly running out? Wouldn’t it just be embarrassing if he found himself to be just a poor pauper while his sister lives the life of a royal? I’d hate to hear what his father would say.

The Youngest Son of Baron Fitzgerald
Our darling Baron Fitzgerald has done nothing but gift London with the finest bachelors every season. They are all quite dazzling and managed to find equally precious wives within the first month of the event. So why on Earth is this one so different? A son of a Baron who cannot match his brothers in anything other than academics? Why it’s simply laughable! I do hope he can do more than that or he may be the first Fitzgerald to attend every social season until he is an old man.

‣ This roleplay is NOT first come first serve, you must apply for a role and I will accept the best applicant
‣ Realistic face claims are required
‣ Any role reservations are there because of people who helped me create the roleplay
‣ This roleplay will be 18+ for everyone who wants to apply because I want it to focus on the darker sides of high society and the pressure everyone is under
‣ There is a posting expectation meaning I am looking for people to post a minimum of three paragraphs at least once a week
‣ You must follow all of RPN’s rules and fade to black when needed
‣ I currently have no limit on characters but don’t bite off more than you can chew. If there is a role you would like to create, please PM me about it
‣ If you would like to spice up your character's role in a specific way (such as making one of the gentlemen a woman in disguise or something fun and dramatic like that) don't hesitate to PM me about it! I want everyone to have fun creating characters and have as much freedom as they want
‣ If your character has been accepted you will receive a PM from me
‣ I might be creating a discord channel for all the accepted characters so we can easily plot and figure events out
‣ I will NOT be forcing people to match up and be couples, we’re all adults and shipping is not mandatory
‣ Drama is encouraged and allowed, but try to keep it realistic (that means nobody is going to be the son of a mass murderer that rules over England or something like that)
‣ OOC drama or harassment will NOT be tolerated

Last edited:
What age were you thinking for The Youngest Daughter of Baron Huxley to be?
the minimum age requirement is going to be 20 so i would do that or early 20s. it also depends on how old her sister since she has to debut two years early due to her sister's marriage

Just wanting to check... how do we go about applying? I am assuming we PM you, but I wanted to make sure. (And is there anything specific we need to include, outside of just our ideas for the character and a realistic face claim?)

Just wanting to check... how do we go about applying? I am assuming we PM you, but I wanted to make sure. (And is there anything specific we need to include, outside of just our ideas for the character and a realistic face claim?)
I will be creating a character sheet thread where you guys will fill out the application I have created

Users who are viewing this thread

Back