• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

The cyborg's temperament was always a bit of a hard read, considering he always had his visage covered with his visor. Even then without it the lack of a mouth didn't make reading him any easier. The talk he had with Albert wasn't necessarily getting him to lapse in judgment, but he was still conflicted over where his path was taking him. All that was certain was that he would not yield, and it was quite likely the Empire itself would not either.

"Yes. I am doing well." he replies, looking to her as he walks. "What of you?"

Nathalie nodded. "Just fine." She thought of her own personal plans and grunted. "Got a couple of things on my mind. Nothing I can't handle though."

"How are you feeling about the next mission?"

He gives a nod of understanding at the mention of her own issues, but he does not prod further. "Indecisive." Shun responds flatly. "I do not see how I may be of such use. I fear my current body would need extensive modifications to operate in a deep sea environment. Hopefully there is a way that I may still be of service."

"You rather we ditch this stuff instead?" Petar could see that Typhon wanted to keep a distance between the drugs and himself. "No use for us or anything?"

A cough starts him off. “Well that depends... How do you feel about ending up just like poor ol’ me?”

He undoes his shirt just enough for Petar to get a good eyeful of how utterly wracked his body is.

"Figures..." Petar squeezed the bridge of his nose after getting an eyeful of what the drug can do "How much did you take of that stuff?"

“Not enough to overdose, at least not yet. But I have to take this shit, and this is what it’s given me in return.”

He redoes his shirt, not wanting to torment Petar any more.

“So, if you would like to get your moneys worth but you also don’t mind having a nice, strong, firm body like mine, then here’s what I suggest. You take it once, you wait seven days. No less. It’ll be flushed out of your system by then. You do not want it to build up inside your bloodstream. You understand?”

"Perfectly." He took the vial back. He got fucked over with this deal. "Any other ways we can use this besides fucking ourselves up?"

“Sell it to poor addicts and tramps who don’t know what they’re buying. At least we’ll make money that way.” he responds. “How much did you buy, anyway?”

"Three crates full of the stuff. Figured you could tinker with it to make it better...you don't want anything to do with this shit, do you?"

Three crates? Damn Petar, they swindled you good! Don't get angry now though, I’ll reimburse you when we get back to the ship. As for tinkering with it... Petar, I’m a medical doctor. I’m not a science doctor. My skills are used to fix people, not fix complicated cocktail compound chemical formulas. So I might just need some help if you want this to happen.”

"Don't waste your money. It came from cleaning out some idiots at the table." He thought about what Typhon said. Maybe there was a way. "I'll look into it. Meantime we'll put those crates under lock. Might sell them off to some unsuspecting jackasses."

Typhon let’s out an amused grunt at the idea. “I like that plan. We’ll be making extra money that way.... Anything else you wanted to talk to me about?”

"No. But I should give you a warning. That new upiry woman. Her name is Serra Linva. Keep an eye on your supply around her."

Yolandi finishes getting her fins and catches up with the others in time to ship off. She's got a nice pair of turbofins in her size and she also has a forklift come and load two modestly large crates onto the Mordred. Both are marked with explosive ordinance warning stickers and 'HANDLE WITH CARE' marked on them. The crates look like they're reinforced designs meant for safe transport.

It wasn't long before the group all arrived back at the Mordred, after some made a quick stop at Dangelo's ship to retrieve the minisub and whatever other gear he could spare. It turned out that the sub could only fit two people inside. Three if you squeezed one in hard enough. They'd have to make due, it seemed. Once the sub and gear was brought to the Mordred, they loaded it up along with the other crates and equipment that they had brought to the ship.

Lauren eyed some of the crates, as she stood in the cargo bay looking at them. There were Yolandi's crates, marked with warning stickers and explosive ordinance labels. "I hope those are secured. Don't need the ship blowing the fuck open if we hit a rock." she said, motioning to some of the new recruits as they walk by. The others she eyed were the three that the Lions had brought. She could guess what was in them, and why they were now locked down and secured with chains. She'd have to speak to Petar later, as well as Typhon.

Once everyone was aboard, and everything was secure, the cargo ramp closed. Time to head out. Lauren arrived on the bridge a few minutes later to find everyone at their waiting positions. "Dedirac." she said simply, looking to Shun while she sat down in her chair. "That's where we're going." Roku took the Mordred out of the large hanger, moving it away from the station while Shun dealt with navigation.

"Understood." Shun replied as he immediately set to work, robotic fingers fervently tapping and moving through windows. Looking across the map that was updating in real-time, he began to plot a course to avoid typical patrol routes and other hazards that might await them on their journey. Of course when it finally reached Roku's console it was far from linear and quite erratic, but the cybernetic Ayr always took the safest route unless explicitly told otherwise.

"Course plotted." he stated. "I will be looking ahead to insure that nothing intercepts our path."

Roku looked over the the route they were to take, wide eyed. "Think you could have plotted a crazier path?" he muttered, as he began to tap away on his own console. Soon enough, they were ready to jump. "Initiating warp in three...two...one..." he then said, and a moment later, the Mordred jumped away from Shadespear Terminal.

Not far behind, a small purple gunship appeared from the opposite side of the station and followed afterwards.

---​

It'd take about three hours before they finally arrived at Dedirac, the greenish ocean world with two orbiting moons where Dangelo had ditched his cargo. As ship flew towards the planet and began to descend through the atmosphere, Lauren stood and stepped over to Shun's terminal. She drew a small silver chip out of her pocket, and handed it to the cyborg Ayr. "It should help us locate the cargo. Shouldn't take long to find it with the sensors I bought last week." she said, as she shoved her hands back in her jacket pockets. Zadra and Pearl had a hell of a time installing them on the Mordred, but they were ready to go. Now to see if they actually worked correctly.

Shun plugged the chip into his console, and soon enough the sensors picked up on the discarded cargo. It sat on the side of the planet, which had just entered its night phase. It wasn't far down either, sitting flat on the continental shelf. Lauren looked to Roku, whom simply gave her a thumbs up. The Mordred sped through the sky, soon arriving on the far side of the planet in darkness. Once they were close to the object's location, the Mordred found a shallow island to set down on. It wasn't above the water, but it was in a shallow enough location that the Mordred could set down without fail. The cargo ramp slowly let down, eventually revealing that the clear water around them on the shallow island was knee deep. The sand beneath the water was pure white, so it was easy to see where you could walk even in the darkness of the night. Still, to assist the crew, the lights on the exterior of the Mordred remained lit.

"I could direct the ship through the numerous fleets and the path would be more in line with your sensibilities." Shun replied to Roku's muttering. "Yet that would require you to fly toward the enemy, which I am well aware is a stark contrast to your field of expertise."

---​
The cyborg put the chip in as instructed, the map of the planet starting to pick up on various frequencies from beneath the rolling waves. With little emotion he directed Roku to their target, soon turning to look at the captain with a nod. "To state what you already know we should be quick about this procedure. The Mordred hovering above this spot on the ocean is far from inconspicuous."

Shelby looked out the lounge window to try and get a decent look at the planet below them. It was quite the pretty little jewel, and not unlike Castilia in a number of ways. Lots of water, though Castilian seas were generally closer to crystal blue than green, though it depended on the region. The sands, however, were quite similar. What she could see underneath the Mordred in the shallow water looked pure white, like dough, which was the same color as it was on most of Castilia. They were here for business, not pleasure, unfortunately, and she wondered if she would be called upon to help this time.

Yolandi is in hers and Karina's bunk room, she's getting suited up for the dive. Her personal wetsuit isn't exactly stealthy but it's mostly black in color so that should offset the bright pink insets on the sides of her suit. She also managed to scrounge up her old diving goggles. The water was pretty clear but it's more to protect her eyes from the brine than give her better visibility. She heads down to the cargo bay where Zou is waiting. He has his old autocannon that she had re-rigged a modular mount onto so he could use it while she worked on getting his new guns ready. She worked with Drav to do some more modifications to the autocannon for the sake of the crew more than Zou's needs.

Drav helped her set up the autocannon to have a suppressor running the length of the barrel, the barrel being ported at intervals along the barrel to vent the gasses rearwards into the baffle system. The muzzle of the new barrel/suppressor system is a vented brake to direct any remaining gasses out in a way to reduce overall recoil from the gun. The gun is still incredibly loud but it's not quite as outright deafening as it used to be, thus becoming more bearable to the other crewmembers. Zou walks to the end of the cargo ramp and wades out into the clear green waters of the ocean world, walking along the shallows so that he can get a clear field of fire in the event that something comes to threaten the Mordred.

Yolandi checks the state of Petar's spice crates and her ordinance crates to make sure they've not been tampered with. After that she walks off the cargo ramp into the shallows around the ship and kicks her feet around in the water a little to get an idea of what the temp is like. It's cool but not frigid, which she finds acceptable, it'll get colder as they get deeper into the ocean though. She does have her concerns for how calm these waters will remain during the night. She thinks on it a moment then heads back into the ship up to the bridge, she enters it, "Hey, any of you got a weather report for this area of the planet, I don't want any sudden storms sneaking up on us while we're diving, plus I don't trust how stable this bit of sand we're on will remain under the weight of the ship if the water starts churning up from a tropical storm."

There's no way in hell Typhon is going to embarrass himself by wearing an extremely form-fitting wetsuit that'd show off all the curves and nooks of his semi-skeletal figure. Thankfully however, just before the Mordred departed, he commissioned something a little different from his superior that'll allow him to get the job done just as efficiently. The tall metallic crate it's stored in opens up with a noisy whoosh of cold air hissing out of it's lid. It's a little big, it's a little bulky, and it's pretty much perfect for this mission should things go tits up. It's an old alien deep sea diving suit that had been improved to withstand higher amounts of pressure, but also had special nozzles mounted on it for increased mobility underwater. Another feature which was added just recently are two searchlights mounted above the shoulders, just in case he has to sink deeper into the blue abyss. Lastly, as an added bonus, next to the suit was a small submachine gun that had been modified to fire tiny little barbed harpoons at high speeds. There's a few extra magazines inside the pouches hanging from the suit's belt too. After spending a while putting it on, he slowly waddles over to the ramp and waits for the signal to jump with his little automatic harpoon gun in hand.

It'd been centuries since he did any sort of diving, and hopes this'll be a quick and clean job unlike their previous mission.

On seeing Zou wade around in the water all on his own, he calls out to him. "Hey! Watch out for the water, tin man! It might just rust your nuts off!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuren waits in the armory, all geared up and ready to go diving but in dire need of a new weapon, hopefully something less electrical. The lightning gun sure is nice and effective, but he prefers something that won't kill him and the rest of the crew as he fires it. He taps his fingers on the wall, letting Drav know of his presence.

"Ms. Drav. Are you here? I need a new weapon that will not fry me."

Zou looks at Typhon with a sort of confused head tilt then just offers a thumbs up, he's not sure what Typhon means about rusting or anything, he's pretty coated up in anti-corrosion paint to keep this sort of thing from being an issue.

Most of the group emerged onto the cargo ramp, looking out at the water. Lauren, standing at the bottom of the ramp in the ankle deep water, turned to face them. "Alright! Raise your hands if you can swim." she said aloud, placing her hands on her hips.

---
Drav glanced over to where Shuren stood, flipping up the goggles she was wearing on her head. She then looked about the armory at the various weapons on the rack. They had acquired quite a few more in recent weeks, for a variety of situations. She eventually pointed to a long rifle to her left, standing against the wall. "Rifle. Think nail gun, but shoot micro spear." she said. "Five shot, then reload." She then looked back down at the weapon she was working on, which seemed to be some sort of machine gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back