• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

There was a slight nod of the knight's head, palm turning upward in agreement. "That they did." As he waited for his drink, however, he leaned back, arms crossed. "I'd say you've gotten the better deal of it, though. As far as I'm aware, the little kingdom of yours out on the rim is doing admirably." A deep sigh came from under the wrought steel. "If only we were so lucky."

Shelby pouted, waving her arms at the bags. "H-hey I didn't spend all my money... just... most of it. And besides whats it matter, these are nice clothes! Look at how pretty this dress is!" She pulled one of them out from a bag and held it up, sniffling slightly as her eyes watered a little.

"I-its a pretty dress," she said, lip starting to quiver.

"You know I'd tell you if I saw the Shelby kid. I'm...working near the Renegade Quadrant, after all!"

"I know, I know!" Two more gunshots, and no more groans. "I just thought I'd check and see. Anyway, this is the last place anyone would look! So its the first place I, myself, would look. I wouldn't be the best at what I do if I didn't follow my gut!...Well, my non-existent gut. Anyway, I have to go. I need to deliver a head! Tah-tah, sweetie!"

A moment later, Bubblegum hung up.

---
Lauren looked to Vincent, as she drank some more spiced rum from her glass. She had never really talked to the priest all that much since he came onto the Reavers. She wasn't really all that spiritual. Still, he helped out with calming the crew down at times. "Hey, Vince. What's up?"

---
Aesha frowned, glancing to Olivia. "They look fabulous, Shel. Don't sweat it. Just try to focus on keeping some of your money to spend on other things. Food, supplies, the ship, and so on."

Jericho lowered his holopad. If he had any actual pigmentation, he'd be pale. Moreso than he already was. He quickly walked back over to where Shelby was, noticing she was tearing up a bit as she was meekly holding up a dress to Olivia. "Uh...is everything okay?" He then cleared his throat. "Shelby, can I speak with you later? Its about my old friend. I mentioned her before." Jericho's face was clearly one of concern.

The bartender comes, serving the two drinks Typhon asked for. Both were non-alcoholic, of course, as a courtesy to this familiar face. Typhon takes his drink in his hand and starts drinking until-
"-the little kingdom of yours out on the rim is doing admirably."
*CRAAASH!*

The glass loudly shatters into several pieces in his hand. His breathing becomes pronounced and the veins under the thin skin of his face become visible. Immediately he closes his eyes and throws back his head in an attempt to control his breathing and relax himself. The furious look on his face still remains as he stares into the knight's eyes. The bloody fist that once held the glass turns into a pointed finger.

"...Don't you even DARE talk to me of the Kingdom that way, Crusader... It is NOT. MINE. Those blasphemous, heretical, turncoat, and disgustingly ungrateful BASTARDS have NOTHING to do with ME!" he shouts. The knight might not have known it, but he angered Typhon enough that the old, pompous way the Ayatollahs spoke back then surfaced, even if for a moment.

Grommy clearly wasn't having a good mood. The only thing that happened so far was Jericho spilling out a drink on his back. Despite giving him a apologetic look it still didn't make things much better. Nara walked forward, nudging Grommy on his shoulder. If anyone could see his face, it would be the look of a frustrated rockman.

"Hey Grommy. I just saw a knight in the bar. Is that what I think it is?" Nara asked. Grommy sighed. He made sure to take the conversation somewhere private in the bar, allowing only him and Nara to talk about something.

"Yeah. Nara, hear me out for a moment. If that guy ever comes to you or tries to ask you something, talk to me first. I don't want you around with those kind of people. They're not good for you." Grommy urged while Nara raised an eyebrow.

"Grommy. I'm pretty sure some of our own members aren't good people themselves. Maybe he's friendly like Uncle Lincoln or the Man of Light?" Nara reasoned while Grommy stared at her with a serious manner. Nara observed her friend, making a frown. Grommy shook his head.

"Lincoln, Man of Light. That's different. Nara, it ain't that simple. I wish I could explain it better, but there's times where you shouldn't mess around with the wrong people. I know we got ourselves into a pickle joining Lauren's Reavers but so far she hasn't done bad to us and pays us well. And some of the crew around here doesn't treat us like garbage because we treat them with respect. But the Creed? Nothing good ever comes out of it." Grommy explained as best as he could.

"But we did." Nara stated solemnly, crossing her arms for a straight answer.

Grommy looked surprised for a moment. And regardless whether or not Grommy could argue about it, it was true. The Creed ship landing on their home planet was the moment their paths collided. He slowly nodded, "Yeah. You're right."

Shelby still looked fairly dismayed, rubbing one eye as Aesha spoke up. "T-thanks... and okay..."

She glanced to Jericho when he approached. "Yeah... I'm o-okay. And alrighty, we can chat later when you want." Her attention still seemed to be on the dresses. She did wince slightly when she heard glass shatter and heard Typhon yelling at the new guy. He was definitely one of the scarier people on the ship, probably because he was a bit creepy and... not nice.

Yolandi looks over where Typhon is yelling, noticing the Creed man there, "Hey, shithead, don't piss off the doctor. It won't end well, that much I promise you." She finishes her rum and sets the glass back down on the bar before picking herself up and walking over to the inanimate Zou in the corner. She pats him on the head and he comes to life, "Hey, bud, I'll be back in a little bit, just sit here and keep an eye on the knight wannabe, he's already digging a hole for himself at this rate." With that, she leaves to go take care of purchasing her fins for the dive. Zou gets up from where he's sitting and stands idly by, watching the the knight carefully while emitting a low growl akin to a guard dog. Given the way Yolandi spoke about this man, Zou has an idea of what sort of person he is.

The sudden shattering of glass did, he will freely admit, take the relic-armored man by surprise. His seat slid back as he leaned backward, but the glass harmlessly plinked off of his armor. The shouting rattled his ears... but the pieces slowly fell into place. "Those blasphemous, heretical, turncoat, and disgustingly ungrateful BASTARDS have NOTHING to do with ME!" He inhaled, slowly nodding afterwards. "I... see." If he wasn't with the Kingdom, and held such a strong belief on them, then there was really only one other group that would fit the synth.

The Lions were a... complicated bunch. Whilst the knight was sympathetic to their plight; a religious caste forced into exile from their homes, it was their methods that he took issue with. From the scraps that he's read, they seem downright barbaric. Their methods were something that he envisioned died with a civilized people long ago. At the very least, much thought, and much reading, had made them bitter with age the more the crusader thought on them. "...You have my apologies, then. For what it's worth."

Then, Yolandi makes quite the grand exit, making sure to once more take a pop at him, distracting him from the furious doctor. "...It might be best to change the subject for civility's sake, but, are all the rest of your... accomplices quite so thuggish?"

-----------------------------------------------
[Oh fuck there's people starting to crowd around now and she's starting to cry--] Olivia really didn't know where she was gonna head with this that wouldn't massively piss someone off. She winces, chewing on the inside of her lip as she gets the glare from Aesha. It seems to mellow the pilot down a little, as she brings one hand over to rub her shoulder. "...Yeah, it's-- everything's fine. Look, it's just-- you really probably shouldn't be spending shit tons of money on just clothes."

"Well I've been thinking lately. Rather since that last big job the crew pulled. Usually, I'd be the one taking confessions from the crews I'm with, but I have to confess I'm feeling a tad useless here." He stopped for a second. That didn't come out right "Not blaming you of course. Root of the problem is my own." That's better "What I'm good at, is outclassed by the others or simply no use to em. Sure I got a few drunken confessions, but that's about it. Tell ya the truth I'm feeling like dead weight on your neck you have to drag around because I'm on your crew." While he was talking he had already fished out a cigarette. The habit was calling for him. After lighting it, he continued.

"Then I figured out a solution. Shadespear is a big place and has a lot of people. Lot of lost souls I'm thinking. People down on their luck and looking for a way forward. I'm thinking of setting up shop here to do the lord's work. Money you paid me from that last one is plenty to start up." Now for the pitch "Not all of them can be saved, aint born yesterday. But I can do something for them and you. You're gonna need crews for those ships and those who aint deadbeats are gonna need work. I figure I'd better send them your way rather than risk them becoming a nuisance. What you think?"
---
"Oh for..." Petar noticed the shouting coming from Typhon. What the hell was the knight doing? He looked back at Serra "Work calls. You go mingle with the rest of the crew or something, I'm taking care of this." He got up from his seat and walked briskly over to where the two were. "Everything fine over here?" He asked with a more serious tone.

Typhon bows slightly as he exhales, cooling himself down from his fit. Giving out one last breath, he leans over and places a hand on the table, trying to let the knight know he's forgiven.
"...It might be best to change the subject for civility's sake, but, are all the rest of your... accomplices quite so thuggish?"
"What else would they be? Don't forget you're in pirate space now, Crusader. A place so overrun with iniquity that even the light of God has difficulties shining forth through all the sin."

Again he leans back in his chair, taking on a more calm posture.

"Though do know this if you have plans on enlisting in this crew, you will be in good hands, mine specifically. The war may have ended decades ago in our failure, but my brethren and I made an oath to the Creed and to the Fists that we will be allies until the bitter end. And I am not dead yet."

He extends a hand towards him, the one that's not been stabbed with glass.

"The name is Typhon, chief medical officer of the Kavir Lions, currently hired by the Blackwell Reavers. And you, sir?"

"Everything fine over here?"

"It's nothing, Petar." he says, waving him off. "I just... don't like it when my ears hear people speaking positively of the Kingdom."

Jericho looked to Shelby, as she looked at her dresses. He decided to ignore the androsynth's rant, as he talked with the cosplaying crusader. Why was Shelby tearing up a little? What did Olivia tell her? As Olivia spoke about Shelby's buying habits, Jericho crossed his arms and glared at her. "...Well, its her money. She can do whatever she pleases with it." He glanced to Shelby, before looking back to Olivia. "....Just saying, darling." Jericho went back to the counter, and asked for another margarita to calm himself.

Lauren listened in on Vincent's proposal, sipping from her glass as he spoke. He had a point. He'd be a lot bigger help steering people their way. Eventually, she nodded. "...Alright. That's fine in my book, preacher." she said, finishing off her glass of rum. She glanced over in the direction of where she had heard glass shattering before, to find that Petar had everything covered. Apparently the cosplaying knight had pissed off Typhon somehow. Well, Lauren was sure most of the crew had in some way or another. She needed to talk to him again, after that odd situation a few months prior in the medical bay. She was the captain, so she had to keep an eye on the well being of the crew.

Jericho had returned to the bar, after his call to someone somewhere and checking on Shelby. Whom was over where Aesha and Olivia were. That's a lot of clothes. That reminded her that she needed some more, since most of hers were wore out from jobs or general use. She looked more like a punk rocker than she did a captain. At least her jacket was still nice. She adjusted it a bit, before looking around once more. Soon enough, she decided it was time to go.

"Alright, boys and girls. Pack it up. We gotta get going." she said finally, motioning to the door. Roku, whom had spent most of his time in the corner alone working on his laser pistol, was the first one up. Grabbing his things, he followed Lauren to the door along with Karina, whom chugged the remainder of the booze in the bottle in front of her. It dulled the stinging pain from the Namur cuts.

Aesha nudged Olivia, and motioned to the door. "Time to head out. Need help carrying your stuff, Shel?" she asked, as she stood and slipped her new black leather jacket on.

There was a low grunt of confirmation. "Mn. But perhaps if some of them could see by God's light, they may be able to actually hit a target smaller than a battlecruiser." A slightly amused puff from the crusader, before he shook his head, extending one hand outwards towards Typhon, firmly gripping his hand. ...But that's not a bad idea at all...

"I am Cassael. To my knowledge, the last remaining member of the Creed's most holy Order of the Confessor." A moniker which he had adopted many years ago. Abraham, as he was known previously to the world, was no longer existant. An unassuming and, in all honesty, rather forgettable name. He needed something that, when he would eventually return to reclaim his home lands, would be remembered. And feared. "At the very least, Typhon, it is good to have a friend to rely upon in these godless sectors."

"Everything fine over here?"

Cass's head turned towards Petar, tipping to Typhon, before he responded in kind. "Yes, everything is simply grand. Nothing but a... cultural snafu." His attention then became drawn to the captain's urges for them to leave, and raised himself from his seat. He still hadn't touched a drink since he'd been there. Damn. He gathered what he came in with, which wasn't much, in all consideration, before awaiting the rest of the crew's departure to follow.

------------------------------------------------------------​

Olivia's sunken in eyes looked towards Jericho. "I know-- I know, it's just, not the kind of stuff you'd wanna buy if you're-- you know." Olivia pinched the bridge of her nose. She wasn't having the best day. Thankfully, she did get her attention grabbed. Both by Aesha's nudging, and by the captain up and leaving. Ugh, she felt awkward as fuck right now... it's probably for the best that they're leaving. She waits to let Aesha and Shelby gather their stuff up, before following along with them, if not trailing behind somewhat.

Last edited:
Shelby nodded heavily to Jericho, then went to shaking her head at Aesha, causing her silky black-dyed hair to bounce erratically. "No... I can carry my own stuff," she said, gathering up her bags and hurrying away to grab the others by herself. A moment later she was clutching several large and almost overstuffed bags.

That was all..? What a terrible waste of time. Shun thought to himself. Between the brief and esoteric explanation of their mission as well as the various outbursts taking place in the bar, the cyborg Ayr was feeling awfully above all this. There was little he could do, and there was no point in voicing such petty gripes to the captain.

He marched on out of the bar and started his journey to the ship's bridge.

Grommy and Nara returned to the bar area, hearing Lauren's recent announcement. Both decided to look on the bright side of things, heading out the door and getting ready for work.

Derrick finished up his beer and walked out the door. he then noticed the Pilot duo, with Shelby on tow. however, It seems that Oliva have somewhat distanced herself from the two other women. She probably felt bad about the commotion she had with Shelby a few minutes ago. with that. Derrick picked up his pace and catched up with Olivia and toned his voice down so only she can hear him, "Not a great moment with Shelby huh?"

Last edited:
"Alright. Want to make sure we're fine." Petar said as the situation had defused itself. "Typhon. You and me have to talk about some work. I'm sure your friends already called you about the deal we made."
---
"I'll be setting up shop in the meantime then." Vincent said as the crew started to exit the bar. "See you boys and girls around these parts when you come for a visit." Truth is, Vincent didn't know even know if he would be seeing any of them again. Not that he didn't want to. This life was dangerous and who knows what would could happen even by turning the corner. But he had faith enough in them to think they would see things through.
---
Serra finished off the remainder of her drink and got up from the table to follow everyone else. She didn't know any of them save for Petar, but if he was chosen to be the first mate, what were the rest of them possibly like. Maybe the this mission would help break the ice.

Typhon downs the other drink on the table before turning to Petar, legs still up.

“What would you like to know?”

Petar took out the sample he was given from the Lions and passed it to Typhon.

"Everything about this and how much do you want to improve it?"

Well, he had all the time in the world to make up his mind, now he has to make a choice. But, apparently Petar wants him to enhance it. Perhaps there’s a third option...

“Well I’m certain whoever sold it to you told you almost everything special about it. I’m also certain whoever gave it to you didn’t tell you any of its potential... side effects.”

"They never do." Petar pulled up a chair and sat next to Typhon "Shot in the dark, but they have to do with overdosing on this stuff, right?"

Something flickers in Typhon’s eyes. If Petar was looking close enough, he’d notice it. Cautiously, he removes his legs off the table and sits straight up, arms on the table as well. The slightly smug expression he had while talking to Cassael turns into a stern scowl.

“... As is the norm with all drugs and stims. But believe me. The less I speak of what happens when a certain dosage is quickly absorbed... the better.”

Nathalie got up and followed Shun back to the Mordred. On their way she bumped him gently in the arm. "Shun. You good?"

---

Before leaving the Chalice it was time to say goodbye. Daniel shook Vincent's hand. "Take care."
Afterwards he collected his gear and followed the others back to the ship. There was plenty of work to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back