• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

The mission was starting. Along the large group was Grommy and Nara in swimming gear should both of them have to dive in there. Nara quickly raised a hand once Lauren asked if anyone could swim. She learned to swim catching fish with her mom Shaya for dinner, maybe she could help out. Grommy on the other hand didn't. He believed he could only walk on the pit instead of floating like the others.

Jericho raised his hand, while looking at his nails. "I can swim, darling. I'm quite good at it as well, I might add." He then looked to Shelby, whom was near him. "Shelby swims great, by the way. I'm sure she'll be useful underwater." Jericho gave Shelby a thumbs up. She needed to show she was more important than just a pretty face gathering money from losers watching her streams.

"I can swim." Petar answered the question while fiddling with the zipper of his suit almost fighting with it. Damn thing was uncomfortable and the zipper wasn't going all the way up.

"Did you gain weight?" Serra asked while looking at him struggle. She wasn't trying to mock him, although knowing him, he probably let himself go in areas. Not waiting for an answer, she raised a hand. "I had good teachers so I can swim pretty good."

Typhon slowly raises his hand. "Do know it's been centuries since my last swim."

------------------------------

Shuren takes it and inspects it. He's not sure what the differences are between a nail and micro-spear, but that doesn't matter right now. As he heads to the ramp, he hears Lauren's question. He raises his hand.

"Does recreationally count?"

Lauren nodded as most of them spoke up. "Alright. Two of you are gonna be in the minisub once we get it into the water. Another three are gonna dive down with the sub. The rest of you that can swim, you'll be up here waiting to help us once we get the cargo off the bottom." she said, before pointing out two of the group. "Shoo, Catgirl, you'll be in the sub. Both of you are pretty good with tech and machinery, so it shouldn't be too hard to learn how to operate the thing. We'll get it in the water, and let you two get used to it before diving down to get the stuff."

She then pointed out three others. "Jerry, Shel, Ty, you three are diving. Time to prove yourself, Shel. You can do this." she said, giving Shelby a thumbs-up. "You three, go test the waters. The rest, swim around a bit. Grab a weapon from Drav that can work in the water in the event some dumb fuck shows up." A moment later, she strolled back up the ramp to where Zadra was unchaining the minisub in the cargo bay. It'd have to be moved out into the water on the sand. Shuren and Nara would then climb in, and then they'd slide it off into the deeper water.

Last edited:
Vance approached Lauren to speak up. "What happens if the waters aren't... well, safe for them?" he asked. "We will need some sort of quick response to help 'em out."

"Easy there, space cowboy." Jericho waved at Vance. "We'll be fine. Lauren picked us for a reason, didn't she?" Jericho looked at Lauren and gave her a thumbs-up, before heading down to the water to get ready to swim. He had his blades ready, should they have to fight someone or something.

Lauren gave out the list of orders the Reavers needed to do to complete this mission. Nara paid attention easily so they don't mess up. What could go wrong? As soon as Lauren pointed at her, she froze up, heart racing until she got a job using the mini-sub with Shuren! "Excellent!" She pumped a fist up, then high fiving Grommy.

"Alright, lets get armed and ready." Serra said while turning around to get something from Drav. Petar was still fighting with his zipper but was gaining the upper hand bit by bit. 'He has gained weight. Same as his dad. Get him in a high enough position and he starts slouching' She rolled her eyes and turned to Drav "Hey there, need something that's good for killing underwater. Two of them actually."

Nathalie watched her tactical overview like a hawk as the Mordred descended onto the tropical world of Dedirac.

Glancing past Roku and out the window there was no denying that it was a beautiful world though Nat had found herself enjoying Sielia more and more.

Once it was time to deploy for the mission Nathalie stayed on the bridge. She would need to keep all eyes up in case some angry feds would decide to show up.

She noticed Zou's signature outside and sent a ping to him to let the autonomous mech know that with the aid of Nathalie his sensory range had just been increased by tenfold- as long as Nat relayed info from her station that is.

With the tap of a button Nathalie primed some defensive measures before looking over to Shun. "Did Blackwell mention if there's big fish down there?"

---

Daniel took a knee and felt the sand shift around his armored knee. He studied the water before looking up. With a sigh he shook his head and retreated back to the cargo ramp.

One day he'd learn how to swim. This was not that day. Geared up in his usual attire and armed with his rifle Daniel spoke up once Lauren finished her roll call.

"I'll run perimeter defense, ma'am. A medic who can't swim won't do much good underwater."

He adjusted the strap on his medical bag. "Consider me to be on stand-by in case something happens."

Drav nodded, before pointing out similar weapons to what she had given Shuren. "Think Harpoon, but shoot several time." she stated, before standing from her station. She should probably head out to where the others as well. For her, however, she stepped over and grabbed her large chaingun. "Overwatch." she simply said, lifting it up and showing Serra the large weapon. She'd wait on the shallow island, and keep an eye on the sky.

---
The minisub was eventually slid down the ramp into the shallow water, before being pushed across the sand towards the edge. As it was being pushed, Nara and Shuren quickly climbed into the sub and got comfortable. The others had already slipped into the water swimming about and getting used to things. The water was a lot like Sielia's, just green. Once the pair inside the sub were ready, the sub was pushed on off into the water. It sank a bit, as the engines kicked in and prepared it for its journey downward. Lauren motioned to Jericho, Shelby, and Typhon to watch the sub, before looking back to Vance. "Vance, you join them. Take a gun with you, and just watch out for any large fish or anything down there. Don't need a fucking shark showing up and munching on crew members." she said.

Drav must have known that another rifle would be needed, as she tossed a rifle similar to what Shuren, Petar, and Serra to Vance. She then strolled out onto the shallow island, scanning the sky as she held her chaingun ready.

"Yeah! I can swim super good!" Shelby said excitedly as Jericho pointed her out, and the team began to get ready for the watery mission. She had already changed into her diving suit, which was pretty tight and form fitting and not as high quality as the ones she had used back home. It was still sufficient enough, fortunately, if not perhaps a little small for her. She did have to make some small adjustments to better conceal her figure, though on top of the harness and other webbing gear, it didn't seem like there would be an issue. At this point, it would be unlikely for anyone to question her physique, she figured.

The water was pleasant as she lingered near the mini-submarine. The temperature was fine but she liked it a little warmer. "I hope there are pretty fish out here!"

"Alright Shuren, let's take this sub to the promised land!" Nara exclaimed with excitement, cracking her knuckles while they entered the small transport. Despite how compact it was, they weren't bunched up like sardines in a can. She grabbed the controls for a bit, getting a feel with the system while moving at a slow pace. For a couple of minutes, she steered and practiced hoping she won't crash the mini sub into a giant rock. There's also robotic manipulators she should mess around with once they find this cargo.

"So far so good Mordred. All systems optimal and life support is doing fine." Nara spoke into the communications system to her left. She then turned to Shuren, "Want to try the controls? Two trained people is better than one trained people." Nara asked.

Vance caught the rifle and holstered it on his back before nodding. "Roger that Captain." he said with a grin. He then went further into the water and took note at how strange the color was when compared to Sielia or even Earth. He got himself acclimated to the water's temperature before giving an ok-hand signal to the others he was going with. "Ready!"

Yolandi comes out of the depths in front of the group, taking a moment to clear water from her gill system so she can speak, "Hey, the water isn't too bad, but it does get a bit chillier the deeper you go, hope none of you have an aversion to being cold." She comes up onto the sandbar in her turbofins, wetsuit, and diving goggles but no scuba system, she didn't need it, "So who's diving cause I'm ready to go now." She notes the rifles being handed out and collects herself one as well as a set of gear webbing to hold extra ammo before coming back to the drop off into the deep.

Perhaps Shuren should've spoken up and told Lauren he has no idea at all how to pilot a sub. When Nara asks him if he wanted to try taking it for a spin, he just gawks at her with a worried look on his face.

"I, uh..." he gestures at the controls. "... do not know how to do this. Should I tell the captain?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of the sub however, Typhon had latched himself onto the side of the submarine. He's got one arm hooked around a metal bar while his other arm holds his harpoon SMG. Both of his lights were on, and one of them is tilted to the side to give the submarine and the others more clear visibility.

He should probably tell the sub crew just in case. "You two, do try to keep in mind I'm hooked onto your side. I don't take being ground into paste very kindly, you know."

Doesn't know how to do this? Of course he can! Nara gave a friendly smile, "It's alright Shuren, that's why we're practicing. Just look what I'm doing with the controls. It's like playing a video game." She steered the controls gently while looking at where she's going through the glass. For a few minutes she repeated the same techniques, hoping Shuren can get it in time before the actual operation.

Finally, she offered him to control it again. "Want to now?"

He took the controls and attempts to do the same thing Nara did. “But I have never played a video game!”

The submarine jerks around left and right as Shuren tries turning and getting a feel for how it handles.

Typhon angrily talks through the radio. “Are you two trying to make me sick?”

Nara pressed her teeth, fazed by the angry shouting Typhon was making through the communications. "We're just practicing the controls Typhon. Don't worry we'll get better as we go on." She said through the intercom. She watched Shuren take control, attempting to use them as best as he could. The Lythian nodded, making mental notes what advice she could give him "Doing okay, but try to relax for a bit. Change directions if you need to."

Typhon bangs against the side of the submarine, not happy that there's an impromptu training session right now that could probably get him killed.

Yolandi swims into the depths with her own light, watching the submarine do its little driver's ed session. She had fins and could swim on her own, to pass the time she went about the depths of the sea to try and maybe get an early spot on the cargo crate but didn't want to venture too far from the rest of the party while they got settled in.

Daniel raised an eyebrow as the submarine took a few faltering steps into the water. He shook his head and looked down at his wrist-mounted watch. "Clock's ticking, team. I doubt we should stay here any longer than we need to."

Eventually, things are sorted out with the submarine, as Shuren finally figured out the controls along with Nara. And soon, they were descending into the depths of the ocean. The swimming team followed, venturing down slowly with the submarine as they kept an eye on things around them. Meanwhile, up top, Lauren glanced back to Daniel. "Relax. Doubt the Feddies could spot us here on the surface from up in orbit. We're not putting out enough light for that." she stated, motioning a finger up to the sky. Really the only thing she was worried about was the fact that someone could have tailed them. Still, how? With Shun's navigation going all over the southern part of the quadrant, who the hell could?

---

A purple gunship dropped out of warp on the sunny side of the planet, as its pilot checked on the status of a tracker she had placed on a certain someone on the crew of the Mordred. "Alrighty, cutie, lets see where you are!" said a cheerful voice, as she shifted the lollipop around in her mouth. She tapped a few times on the holographic display, switching the scanner to long range and beginning a scan of the planet's surface. She'd have to do a few loops around the planet to get a good pinpoint on the position of the Mordred. Then, she could swoop in and surprise them!

Nara held the controls for a bit after Shuren learned all he could from them. It took some time but it finally allowed them to explore what they needed to find. So far Nara saw some delicious fish and crabs walking from the minisub's light source. "Going well Mordred." The Lythian reported through comms. She turned to Shuren, "If you want to control the sub let me know."

Yolandi doesn't attach herself to the sub like Typhon had, she simply used her free hand to grab a siderail on the hull and allow it to tow her along so she wouldn't get tired trying to keep pace. She figured she would reserve her strength for when they have to actually get the crate sorted out. She waited for Shuren and Nara to track towards the crate using the device Lauren had been given. She had this creeping sense of dread that something was going to go wrong on the dive and either the sub, the crate, or both things would be lost. She pushed the worries to the back of her mind though, last thing she needs is to be second guessing everything during a critical moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back