• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

Karina glanced over from where she stood, arms folded. She raised an eyebrow as Daniel mentioned he needed to speak to her in private. "Understood." she said, flatly. She pondered why she hadn't been assigned to a group. Perhaps she was needed on the ship? After all, several of the crew were going into the field, and some combat crew were still needed on board the ship in the event the ship itself were attacked. "Lead the way." she then said, unfolding her arms and motioning towards the nearby door to the central hallway.

-----------------------------------------------------
Drav glanced over to Grommy, and thought for a moment. Some noise-cancelling footwear might work. "Drav make boots. Be ready in morning. Need foot size." she said, pointing to Grommy's feet. "Surprise Blue not put on Hammer."

Last edited:
Grommy tilted his head, foot size? Oh yeah right. He simply just plopped one boot off and inside was simply an utter size 23. Of course, if she needed his blocky foot it was right there.

Meanwhile Nara checked off the electrical wiring through her holotablet. She placed the panels right where they belonged, screwing them back in place carefully. Now what else can she do? Nara decided to do a little experimenting with her guitar in Engineering. A few hours back she and Shuren fixed up the built-in amplifier using replacement parts in storage. As she came back, her eyes squinted, eyes and tail sensing there were items moved. Nara shrugged, probably her coworkers moving about.

She saw her black and red guitar on the work desk, power tool and electronics. Her little project was to insert an electrical discharge to whatever enemy came about. In her desk was a voltage multipler and a circult compact enough to fit her guitar. Nara sighed, tying her hair up into a ponytail to get started. There were designs on the extranet regarding electroshock weapons, but she didn't want to go for a lethal strike, at least not yet. But something that can knock enemies off their feet.

Daniel lead Karina to one of the adjacent hallways. He turned to face her with his familiar neutral expression.

"I want to apologize. Under the assumption that he already knew I spoke with Typhon about your condition. He advised me to apologize to you for breaching doctor-patient confidentiality."

Daniel scratched his chin. "I hope this won't impact our work."

Karina looked at Daniel for a brief moment, listening as he spoke, before shaking her head. "Its fine. I informed him almost immediately after we boarded the Mordred back on Shadespear the first day. You and Typhon are two of three people that know of my issues. The third being Aesha because she caught me drinking one of my doses earlier. I believe she can keep it to herself, however." she stated, once he finished.

Yolandi shrugs, "Honestly, I think I'm gonna tell Lauren to swap me to Hammer, I'm not really a stealth sort of person so it might be better if I sit out on the actual sneaking parts. Plus I'd rather get to use that new machinegun I've been waiting for Drav to fix up."

"Fine then. But if you do need a uniform or any sort of equipment, come to the medbay. I am willing to share what I have with you." he departs to prepare after replying.

———————

Meanwhile, on Rook's Wharf...

A noisy pub filled with patrons drinking the seconds away bustles with life. From across, a dirty tramp sits and watches intently on an equally filthy bench, his stained coat nearly encompassing it. There's a few glances from those on the outside and by the windows wondering just who's this homeless looking man staring at them. Those walking by were also repulsed and disgusted by his disheveled appearance, trying not to come within several meters of him. They're repulsed further when he begins coughing and wheezing, believing he's carrying some sort of disease they didn't want to catch. The vagrant shares the same sentiment, sometimes breaking his gaze to lash out verbally against anyone he catches giving him a nasty look before sitting back down. Finally, a slave cart pulled up in front of the establishment, separating him from the pub. He eyes all of the unfortunate slaves on board with bad intentions as he feels his coat for any money. Unfortunately, it drives off before he can buy one. So Kalag went to sit back down.

Kalag had been there for hours now, waiting for any call from Spark so their job can finally move on. It was moments like these during missions he absolutely loathed the most. When he wasn't distracted by the violence he was causing, or engaged in any kind of activity at all, painful feelings and thoughts would seep back into his head. He looks at the pub and just can't understand it. It's not the alcohol that has him perplexed, but rather the people drinking it. He just doesn't understand, how can they be so calm with what's happening to this quadrant? Even as their lifestyle crumbles at the hands of the Federation, of the Empire, of even the Kingdom, they still live each day just as fine as yesterday. Everyone was going to hell, but nobody seemed to care. Yet, he does. He very much does. Just like Typhon, he's also not taking his mortality well. His eyes turn to his mechanical hands as he spreads his fingers and wiggles them. They're made of metal and wire, but he still feels the synthetic flesh and bone they once consisted of. It was moments like these where he's forced to do a bit of self-reflection that he absolutely loathed the most. His hands started to shake, violent urges and feelings surfacing rapidly. He clenches his fists and rocks back and forth as he tries his hardest keeping his cool. He didn't want to risk snapping into a violent rage when he's supposed to look competent for his "partner". Speaking of which, now would be a very good time to catch up on him. As he sulks back towards the alleys, he wonders what Spark's been up to these past few days...

October 19th, 2371

Western Plains, Sirgas, Contested Space

Flashes, flashes of light, flashes overwhelming the red sky stood above. The diming dusk was filled with the colors of a thunderous storm of War, roaring loudly throughout the scorched hillside as molten bolts of plasma fire soared high above were launched at the planetary invaders to support the struggling defense fleet. The bolts lit up the once pleasant countryside in an overwhelming magenta light. Dark, black trails of dense smoke followed each of these bolts as they tore into the clouds far above.

Kalashi stared at them for a moment, seemly entranced by the scale of it all. While she was a veteran of the Black Fleet for several years, fighting in numerous conflicts, and having her share of scars from fighting in the name of the Collective, this war had changed her deeply- taking many of her comrades' lives and changing her perspective on...

Everything, really... The battles prior to this war were almost always low-conflict missions, be it counter-piracy on the domestic front, or seek-and-destroy operations, where the Black Fleet was able to dominate the planet's primary source of resistance without fail. Kalashi and the rest of her Squadron were usually deployed just to clean up.

Yet, as she stood there in a makeshift trench alone, once crowded with friends and fellow soldiers of the Collective just like in the drop-shuttles back on the carriers, the trench was now barely populated with sentries watching the left flank, far away from the front.

Kalashi continued to watch the flashes. The flashes could still be seen clearly through the smoke, through the plasma, and through the clouds. The Flashes were still so, so blinding- they seemed brighter than the sun itself. They lasted for what seemed to be hours. But once a flash had finally concluded, so too did over a thousand lives, cut short by the horrors of this bloody, bloody war.

Kalashi looked about her surroundings for a few seconds, and her eyes caught the sight of a small, primitive village laying just a click beyond the trench. Once home to a few dozen people, it now stood as a pile of rubble and stone. Its advantageous position allowed it to see use as a forward operating base for the Collective forces on this world. Kalashi quickly spotted a small team of logistical officers sorting through the dead. The bodies of the insurgents fighting for the enemy were unceremoniously dumped into a nearby overflow pipe. While it was a grizzly display, it had become a common sight for Kalashi during her time on Sirgas.

It was a terrible shame that the renowned 9th Black Fleet Squadron had been reduced to this. Now only a handful of battered infantry companies after many months of grueling siege warfare, with the naval elements fairing little better against the brunt of the enemy's renewed offensive.

With so much ruined and so many dead, was there any way to win this war? And if so, what then? Kalashi served in Collective's military since the age of 16, fighting acceptance away from her family as soon as she could, fighting to get respect from her comrades... But now, she dwelled on such thoughts. What was there left to fight after this war? Was there any chance to get out of this?

But to stare, at any of this, was to die. For this was a war where only the quick could have a chance of living. Kalashi quickly refocused back to the moment as a blinding flash took her off guard, temporary stunning her and causing her to stumble back against the trench wall. Her helmet radio crackled loudly. Kalashi hastily attempted to sort through the static and frantic screams. She quickly realized that the frontlines had begun to fall apart and that an all-retreat order had been given.

It didn't take long for Kalashi to promptly get back to her senses. She scanned about the trench and tried to link up with the rest of her unit but before her eyes finally recovered, enemy bombardments soon reached the trench. The blasts nearly threw her into the air as they started ripping apart the trench line. Running was the only option now; to delay for any reason was a sure way to end up dead here.

Kalashi quickly got herself up out of the trench and rushed through the blasted wasteland. The rally point was over 500 meters away. She carried only her rifle as she abandoned the trenches, a hard decision that had to be made on the fly- one that, like many, would continue to haunt her.

The plasma throwers roared louder than before, their bolts flying low, lower than before, but even their pricing howls could not block out the sounds of panicked gunfire that soon become all-encompassing as the lines collapsed all around- the shrieking shouts of fellow Kanads as they ran scattered about scorched hillside. The chain of command soon began to disintegrate under heavy bombardment.

Countless lives were quickly cut down in the middle of their desperate retreat, forcing Kalashi to frantically seek shelter within a crumbling overflow pipe near the village. She saw many of her comrades trying to do the same, trying to find safety under the wrecks of armored vehicles, the ruins of their fortifications, or even their own dead in a vain attempt to reach some sort of momentary safety as the counter-attack poured onward towards them.

Cries of fear and hatred were heard as entire companies were trapped within this perfect kill zone, trying their best to shield themselves from the terrible weapons that were unleashed upon them by their enemy: the greatest enemy to the Collective, to the Kanads and to all life everywhere within the Galaxy... Those damnable, damnable Sanghvi.

They knew of no rules, nor held any remorse for their actions. The rules of engagement were callously tossed aside, for they demanded absolute success in every endeavor. Compromise, like emotion, was utterly alien to them. As such, they unleashed such terrible weapons onto their foes with no thought of restraint. It would never dare to enter their Hivemind. Their complete disregard for life was on full display here on this dreadful day.

Kalashi stood in silence as she watched all the death slowly unfold around her, the smell of rotting bodies quickly overtaken by that of the burning flesh of her comrades. Kalashi could only stare at her brothers in arms being torn apart by photonic fire. Her eyes were filled with hatred and fear as Kalashi gazed at the burning earth around her.

Dozens, if not hundreds, of wounded and dying Kanad troopers were torn asunder in an instant by such weapons of terror. There were gargling screams as their very insides were boiled by cancerous radiation, cries of terror as their bodies were glassed in the blink of an eye, shattering a moment later with a horrible, unforgettable sound. The blinding beams of these photonic light weapons burned unprotective flesh on contact. All of these horrors and more were regularly unleashed by the Mantle.

For this was no battlefield; it was a slaughtering house for her squadron. None would be spared from the Pale Armada. For, while some would be lucky enough to survive these ruthless naval bombardments, the Mantle was always absolute and so, after their guns had begun to fall silent, Kalashi would see the all-too-familiar flashes from up above the fiery clouds of the destroyed Naval Battlegroup. Tremors began to surround her, the very earth she stood on betraying her before she even had the chance to fully raise her rifle.

A monster of rock and stone broke through the ground, blocking out the light of the red sun as it stood before her. Countless pieces of concrete and dirt flew high into the air, and dense clouds of dust shrouded its entrance. Kalashi knew that the end had come for her. She hastily drew her sidearm as her eyes met with the towering silhouette moving within the smoke, firing one last volley of plasma bolts in defiance of her fate.

Kalashi soon met with the deadly Sanghvi in person, in utter darkness. Its body was only briefly illuminated by the trailing flashes of her pistol's plasma bolts flying through the air and impacting futilely against its obsidian shell.

In the span of a moment, it was all dark. It was an oddly painless experience- Kalashi could only feel her body lying devastated on the cold, hard rubble, surrounded by the rotting bodies of various Sanghvi sympathizers and supporters. She began to regret not standing by her comrades, not dying next to her battle brothers instead of in a moldy ditch filled with traitors. A sense of coldness soon became overwhelming. This is what it felt like- what the end felt truly felt like.

In the utter darkness, where no sound nor sight could be found, Kalashi spent what felt like centuries. Suddenly there appeared an overwhelming light... The flashes of their beams cutting starships in half and killing so, so many... The Flashes of her life... The blinding, blinding flash...

Of the End...

-----

March 1st, 2426

The flashes, the never-ending flashes of painful, painful memories... It had frozen Kalashi completely in her ship's cockpit, one of few places she felt comfortable to rest in. Yet, the memories of the war and of her own death tormented her endlessly.

Kalashi quickly produced another shot of Tox from under her console and violently stabbed it into her mask, inhaling the narcotic gas into her respiratory system. Kalashi then entered into a state of numbness as the Tox took hold in her system, closing her eyes as she forced herself not to exhale for a moment and get the most out of the narcotic.

Finally, Kalashi let out a loud, deep and erratic cough, shattering the glass capsule in her metallic claw. She hastily adjusted her breathing system, trying to correct her coughing fit as her body reacted hostilely to the chem.

For Kalashi, the Tox was heavily abused to keep her together, but it was always a fickle thing. Its reliability to stave off such terrible experiences was worsening after every shot.

Fortunately, for this time at least, the Tox performed its job and Kalashi was able to refocus herself on the task at hand. She quickly picked herself up from the cockpit seat, cumbersomely climbing out of her fighter in an almost hazed state.

She wiped her glass visor and stretched out her arms and legs, standing inside the Mordred's hanger. Kalashi soon started to perform minor maintenance on her starship, a rare Panther-class Fighter, heavily modified to suit Kalashi's needs. It had seen better days, as times have gotten tough, and parts for a limited-run, high maintenance starfighter had become nearly impossible to find within the Renegade Quadrant, or at least not any areas that Kalashi could go to without getting a crosshair put on her.

Nevertheless, she continued to do what she could with her Fighter, trying to get it in a decent state the best she could. While she wouldn't dare try to bring it to a dogfight or even close air support op, at least she could make sure that the broken-down thing could stay in the air. Kalashi sure as hell knew that Tuar or his pet rock wouldn't be of any help to her after that last time they met in the Von'cron Cluster. She doubted that any of the hacks on this shitty cargo-ship would be willing to lend a hand.

As Kalashi worked on her vessel, using only her tools as knew that none of the low-life pirates had anything that was worth a damn, she scanned through her data-feed, taking a second to look over everything new since the last mission.

She 'sat out' the last one, taking the rear duty to prevent any poor bastard from trying to rush through the breach. Honestly, though, she considered the whole operation to be completely beneath her and was surprised by how far the Reaver had really come.

Freighter Shakedowns? Fucking really? Valk would be rolling if she saw little baby Lauren doing petty highwayman bullshit, Kalashi thought to herself before coming across the upcoming mission's preview.

"Odyssey, huh?" Kalashi muttered to herself in an amused tone, letting out a subtle chuckle as her eyes quickly scanned over all the information they had on hand. "Fuckin’ finally, something actually worthy of my talents."

However, the news about Corvette did raise alarms in her head. Messing with the big dogs in Odyssey was always a bad idea. And yet... The contractors were none other than two of the biggest pirate queens in the whole damned sector. Even if they both were vile fucking rocks, a job was a job and one that would send her right into the Elysium Sector itself did make for a profitable gig.

Yet, the news of her being a part of Hammer Team, a bunch of idiotic brutes who couldn't figure how to rub their collective two brain cells together, did deeply disgust her- that blue bitch thinking she could mock the Iron Jackal’s intelligence was truly insulting. Or at least it was at the moment. Kalashi started to put away her tools after finishing a few adjustments to gyro-stabilators and giving the general system some recalibrations.

She finished stowing her tools away in an underslung compartment mounted on the bow of the Starship. She then began walking corridors of the Mordred in search of Lauren, finding her at the crew deck. She tapped her quarter’s intercom and left her a simple greeting.

"Hey Blue, it's Kalashi. Put me on Scalpel team, I’ve got experience herding around their clueless corporate goons before. I've been around their little plastic garden in a few shadow-ops before. If I get those low rent troops-for-hire through a stealth operation, I can get your merry band of fuck-ups through this one. Besides, you and I both know that us Kanads are naturally cunning. Thus, to waste my superior talents in such a...Sluggish band of brutes, is quite a waste? isn't it?" Kalashi casually, yet slyly explained to Lauren.

Last edited:
There was an audible groan that could be heard on the other side of Lauren's cabin door, before the sound of shuffling and the door finally opening to reveal Lauren. Her pupils were far larger than normal, but judging from how dark it was inside her cabin, easily explainable. "Hell of a fucking ego you've got, Kal. Fine, you can be on Scalpel. Tell Yolandi she's on Hammer...and tell Karina she's on Hammer too. Forgot to assign her earlier." she said, rubbing her eyes for a moment. "Now fuck off."

"When I mentioned for you to wait for me, I meant in one spot." said a voice near Kalag. A moment later, a sleek black and white android approached, clad in a black cloak. "Ah well, here you are. And here I am. I had a few matters to attend to with my last job...someone decided that they'd withhold half of my payment because I was 'messy'. I made sure that they'd be paying me in full." As Spark finished speaking, there was an audible noise that sounded off from his voice box. His eye flickered as well. It was rather odd, honestly, as it sounded a bit like a hiccup that some organics would get. He shook for a moment, before speaking again. "I apologize for that. Minor glitch in the firmware. Happens from time to time."

He straightened up, then examined Kalag. "...Are you sure you're up for this? You look...well, the least offensive way of putting it is tired." stated the android, tilting his head as his eye seemed to focus on Kalag's torso. Likely peering through what Kalag was wearing at his body. After a moment, he shook his head. "Nevermind...what do you know of Lauren Blackwell and her Reavers? I know only what others have said over the years. Her mother was a big shot, our employer killed her and nearly eradicated her little faction, and now we've been hired to kill or capture her daughter."

Kalashi simply rolled her eyes at Lauren's little outburst. Crossing her arms in disinterested fashion as she laid her shoulder against the doorway. What a rowdy child, Kalashi thought. Still wasn't the worst employer but that's not saying much compared to her time working under Odyssey.

Nevertheless, Kalashi gave Lauren a half-heart nod. After she had finished her rant. Staring a bit off in the distance, lost in thought.

Once little blue told her to "fuck off", Kalashi then muttered, "Understood, Captain." In an exaggerated tone and dismissively waved her off with a flick of her claw. Doing a short spin on the heel towards the opposite direction as she did.

As Kalashi begin to casually stroll down the hall towards the armory. A thought begins to perplex Kalashi, stopping Kalashi dead in her tracks as she glances at the floor in confusion. Standing just a few meters outside the armory.

Who the fuck were Karina and Yolandi?

Last edited:
"Be warned. Most I k n o w-" Kalag starts with a wheeze. "-is secondhand. From other pirates, from my own p e o p l e-"

Pacing back and forth, he rubs his head as he tries remembering everything he was told about the Blackwells. "Lauren's m-mother, Valkyrie. Bi-big trouble she was-... Worked with Hellions, w-worked with Golden Manacle, but it wasn't enough. Made her own group, the Reavers, cause she wanted to be the b-b-baddest and the biggest pirate there ever was. Hhhhh-" He intended to laugh, but it sounded more like compressed air squeezing out of a tight opening."...Didn't. Happen. Now, she burns in hell. And now Lauren wants revenge. She's getting r e a l l y comfortable with the Iron Bloods and the Red Phantoms... and that one-eyed bastard S L A D E..." If Spark paid attention, he'd notice Kalag's hands tremble and clench tightly at the mention of Slade's name. "Old friends of Valkyrie, see. Helping Lauren rebuild. So it's not just Lauren and the Reavers anymore..."

Whatever Kalag wanted to say next, he made sure nobody was around but Spark to hear it. He looks all around him before walking up to Spark and whispering to him. "Insider man verified this."

Spark chuckled. "Excellent. More targets to cut to ribbons." he commented. "I do wonder, though...what shall we do if we encounter any other hunters? If I recall correctly, little miss Blackwell has a large bounty on her head anyway, and members of the B.C.B. will likely be after her as well." Spark tilted his head. "...I don't think our employers will mind a little collateral damage during our hunt. Better they get their hands on Lauren's corpse than the B.C.B...though with the Mad Dog and the 'Immortal' Caine's son involved...that might prove difficult."

As Kalashi stood several feet from the Armory door, a voice spoke up nearby. "...Did ya lose something?" As Kalashi glanced over, she noticed it was the spiky haired Humyri pilot, drinking...something from a glass. After a long slurp through a straw, she spoke again. "I mean, I can help if you need it. I'm not busy."

Last edited:
Kalag’s wheezing becomes more pronounced, visibly becoming enraged at the mention of other hunters potentially becoming involved. Having to deal with one other hunter is bad enough, but at least Spark is on his side and they’re supposed to be working together on this. But the BCB? They were a pest, one that Kalag is very familiar with as a hefty bounty was also placed on the entirety of the Lions due to many of their heinous deeds. So hearing about others potentially beating him to the punch of killing Lauren, and especially Slade, infuriates him.

“Other huntersssss...” his voice turns low and harsh with anger. “BCB wants Lauren, don’t they? I want THEM too! They take Lauren, I TAKE THEM! They come to claim Reavers, I send them back to the bureau PIECE BY BLOODY PIECE! Mad Dog... Caine Jr... doesn’t matter! They’re all MEAT to me!...”

Kalag steps back and takes a breather, trying to rope himself in before he succumbs to his anger and does something stupid.

“Only y-you and I got any right to the Reavers, and to the reward... you understand?”

Spark chuckled. "Oh, I understand perfectly. Though our boss also has a right to them too, of course." he said, with a nod. "Well, we should start by investigating their usual hangouts. Shadespear Station, their local stops here, and any other places they usually stop. See if we can get a time frame as to how long they spend at each spot, and how often they visit. We can build a schedule, and figure out when to strike."

He then began to walk off, motioning for Kalag to follow. "Lets not dilly-dally! If we're quick enough, we can slaughter them and get paid." he stated, glancing back over his shoulder.

March 2nd, 2426
Elysian Commonwealth, Epirus Periphery, Tymphaea System
8 Hours till Corvette Departure...

The infiltration of Yscom space was relatively easy, despite the sheer number of Yscom patrols on the edge of their territory. Piracy was always a threat in the area, so there were often several active patrols in the area, keeping an eye on outposts and freighters moving about. Thankfully, the Reavers had acquired codes that allowed them to bypass these patrols and other defenses with relative ease. For now. The codes wouldn't be useful forever, as Yscom often changed them every so many days. These codes were days old, and were on the verge of being renewed. The group would need to get in and get out before things changed. Otherwise they'd be sitting ducks for a Yscom patrol or planetary defenses.

"Alright...Eta-Tau VII. Hope you guys are ready. We've got eight hours to get this done before that fuckin' Corvette leaves. Watch your asses out there, alright? You know your jobs and teams, and you know the objectives. We get this done right, we get a nice fuckin' pay day. And I'm sure you all like credits, right?" stated Lauren, tugging at her outfit as she glanced to the others in the cargo bay. She hated wearing bodysuits. Always form fitting and tight. "Scalpel team will deploy once we land a short distance from the refinery. Hammer team, stay with the Mordred unless we need you. Once we get into the outpost, we can disable the outpost's defenses and allow you guys to come in guns blazing. We can also sabotage the Corvette on the runway, then get aboard and grab the datacore. Then we get the hell out of dodge. Watch for the fuckin' drone patrols. We don't need the whole outpost bearing down on us right off the bat."

A day had passed and it was a big day ahead for the Mordred. Drav in due time made Grommy's request, adorning him with new boots to cancel out his foot noise for the mission. Grommy and Nara were assigned for Scalpel team which meant they would work together for the first time. They didn't know what to bring, but Nara had a few ideas in mind. She went to the Armoury, grabbing a dark flak vest along with a grey turtleneck and some insulated gloves. Her guitar case consisted of her signature instrument, a holotablet, a multitool, wirecutters , a screwdriver, a welding tool, and rootbeer.

Nara walked into the cargo bay, hands on hips, exerting confidence with a smile. Meanwhile, Grommy walked in, wearing noise-canceling boots that looked like the size of a clown shoe. The rockman slowly marched, almost as if he was waddling for an unknown reason. "Ready than ever." Grommy said to himself, turning towards Nara. "How you feelin' about this mission? Um, I'm a bit worried you might get hurt or something."

Nara simply laughed it off, "I'm sure it'll be fine. It's not like these Yscom people are going to kill us or something. They'll probably just arrest us if we do get caught. Then again, that's if we get spotted." She gave a wink.

"Eh, true. But we're not from around here, we're more like tourists." Grommy said.

Shelby geared herself up fully and got her small submachine gun ready. She wasn't apart of either Scalpel or Hammer team - a blessing, really - but she knew it was important to be ready in case anything else happened. Staying with the ship was still an important job, and if any bad guys came their way somehow, it would be up to her and whoever was left here to protect the vessel, she figured. It was all sort of heroic in a way. That said, she would vastly prefer an uneventful and quiet stay on the ship compared to anything else.

As everyone else was gearing up, she put on a smile and wished Scalpel team good luck. Being a sort of cheerleader was natural to her. Most of her life had been doing things like that. Always smiling and making others feel happy, or at least, content. She did her best to give a few kind words to everyone she could find. She made sure she said goodbye to Jericho, and she sought out Lauren as well with an almost giddiness to wishing her luck as well. Everyone else she did her best to say some tailored words, not wanting to sound... generic. Always a frightful word in the entertainment industry.

---

Lucy stood idle among Scalpel team as everyone got ready. Her claws twitched slightly in anticipation as she fantasized about what was to come. Being on a mission like this provided numerous opportunities. It could be a learning experience as well as a pleasurable one. The idea that she may have the chance to infiltrate a ship or facility system mainframe would have made her mouth water, had she had such functions.

Unlike many of the others, she had no other weapons, gear, or armor - simply herself. She had no ranged capabilities, but she was quick and dexterous. Small arms fire barely concerned her. Most lifeforms seemed to panic when she approached them quickly, and she doubted there would be any solid resistance. That said, this was to be a quiet mission, as the administrator... the captain... had said. There would be no playful antics unless things went bad. As such, she would do her absolute best to maintain a level of stealth so that she would be unseen and unheard. Perhaps, if she had the chance, she could disable the facility's lighting array... that would be fun. But then again, that would likely reveal them. It was all somewhat upsetting, confusing, and exciting all at once.

Daniel leaned against a crate inside the cargo bay with his arms crossed. Stacked ontop of it was his rifle, helmet and medical bag. As Lauren spoke he remained quiet. Didn't have much to say either way.

When it came to the mission itself he wasn't too concerned- even with the lack of professionalism the teams had good odds of pulling this off.

---

Nathalie loaded her hand cannon and holstered it before looking up at Lauren as she started to talk. Nat wasn't worried about herself- these types of missions is what she made a living from. If she felt any sense of worry it would be for the others on the team.
Excluding Jericho, whom she had seen sneak around during the previous operation, everyone else were unknown factors when it came to their stealth capabilities with some being outright unfit to participate in her opinion.

Nathalie then looked at Shun who, as always, stood next to her. She gave him a friendly bump in the arm. "Keep my seat warm for me," she said with a smirk.

Shun had managed to plan their route into Yscom space without any difficulty whatsoever, the contingencies he had made when charting the path were solid yet thankfully did not need to be used. The codes still being valid meant that they could more or less cruise through without raising too much attention. Which meant that the navigator was mostly alone with his thoughts on the bridge, though Nathalie did seem determined to break up his thinking and reflection with a few friendly comments or concerns here and there. The cybernetic Ayr could always count on her to make some pleasant interruptions, and he was fortunate that he had made at least one companion on this venture. He could not state the same for Roku, however, and he would constantly hang his gaze on the back of the pilot's head as they traveled.

In time he found himself there with Hammer and Scalpel teams, ready to depart and get the mission underway. The nudge from Nathalie did not get him to break his rigid stance, and he knew it wasn't her goal to do so. Such soft impacts were meant to be a sign of camaraderie and familiarity rather than an actual attack, his time spent with other species had taught him that. "Certainly. I wish you luck in the mission." Shun replies before looking to those on Scalpel team, most notably Grommy. He did not have much faith in the lot of them going unnoticed, but if operatives such as her were going alone he was certain things would be smoother. Yet he was not the captain, and he saw no reason to bring such matters to light. "It seems superfluous to state such advice but I shall do so anyway: be careful. I trust you know how to conduct yourself in such missions, yet I cannot say the same for the rest of that team."

Last edited:
When he and Nara were talking to each other, Grommy couldn't help but notice several others gave him weird looks as he showed up. Almost embarrassed, like one of those times where you were picked last in dodgebrawl. But at the end of the day, it's the Captain's decision to put him there, and if she asked him to fight, he had to fight. After all, a measure of life is its service.

Nara personally didn't want to head on the mission for similar reasons, but as an Engineer she probably had opportunities to help out in the mission. But it was a job, fighters aren't quitters.

Nathalie raised an eyebrow. "Are you going soft, Shun?" She asked with a smirk before turning to observe the others. "Don't worry- I'll be fine. If things do go south I'm only really worried about one member of the team..."

As her voice trailed off Nat observed Nara. She was almost as innocent as Shelby and if they were unlucky she could very well freeze up in combat.

He chuckles at her observation, he never really considered himself the stern or extremely hardened type. Perhaps in some respects, yet he wasn't one to act extremely cold to those that were friendly to him. "If my hope for a smooth and safe mission for you and the stealth team is a contrast to the behavior you expect from me, I apologize." he says with a shake of his head. A visible smile would have done better to sell the genuine tone of those words, but his visor did not permit Nathalie to see it.

"It is up to you experienced operators to give guidance to those that need it most. Though the sensitivity and constraints of the mission will likely complicate such matters."

Nathalie shook her head. "Don't apologize. I'm just not used to you dropping your all-business attitude." She glances up at him and smiles. "You should relax more often. It suits you."

Nodding towards the other members of Scalpel, Nathalie continued; "We'll make it work, even if it means that Jericho and I will have to do most of the wetwork."

Shun simply nods in response to both statements she makes, rolling his shoulders once she said he should relax more. "And if things do not go according to plan we shall move in. While the confidence I have in things going completely as drafted is... tenuous at best, I still wish for nothing short of success." he explains. "We shall have it, even if we have to adjust to potential disaster."

"Boy Nara, at least we don't have to do most of the wetwork when we head there." Grommy said, glancing towards his friend who was busy writing in a weird notepad. Grommy tilted his head, curious. "Whatcha got there?"

Nara looked up, pen in hand while they were waiting. During that whole briefing, she got to thinking. Thinking that made her question a lot of stuff. Her ears lowered, turning to Grommy. "It's a game of strategy I've overthought about ever since that meeting. Now, close your eyes and imagine something for me." The rockman happily obliged, eyes closed. Nara smirked, "Remember when Lauren showed us that information with those Sanghvi twins?"

"Yeah...um, nah."

"Great, that's okay. Because I've wrote the essentials down on our plan. Those twins found out about this magical ship that possibly contains an unknown content thanks to a Mole within the evil villain's base. There's some things we should consider to find down there:
  1. The unknown contents, get them before anyone notices they're gone. Whether we want to get the corvette itself... that's a different matter.
  2. Business Figures from the Commonwealth, we can take them in as prisoners and see what the heck is going on.
  3. The Contact, we have to find this guy and protect him. He's probably the 2nd priority.
"Now we've already got our teams set up and ready. We're stealth so we should focus on us: Jericho, Lucy, Nathalie, Typhon, Yolandi, Me, Grommy, Pearl, and Renate. Now I'm not Agent Blonde, but think of me as an intelligent analyst." She pointed her pen to herself as Grommy attempted to take in all the information.

"I think it's in our best interests to pair up with each other if we decide to split up. Jericho and Nat look like they can work together so that's one. Pearl and Renate look like they got the speed and power. I should go with Typhon since he's a medic and if trouble happens I'll fall back on him. Yolandi and Lucy are tough robots so I think they can handle the weight."

"What about me?" Grommy asked.

"I want you close to me big guy, but I think there's a reason why you're in stealth. If we have to escort this Contact out, we can definitely use your brawn to protect the VIP. It's a big responsibility but I think you should protect him." She pointed to him, receiving a nod.

"Oh thanks. Uh, what happens if we need a back up plan if things go out of whack?"

"Cut our losses. We don't need to deal with business figures if we're on the clock. We only need to find the VIP and what's on that corvette. Hammer team's the backup, should we run into bigger tough guys, we're going to need muscle to support our team. Just because we have to go loud doesn't mean it's all over but it's best we try to stay silent as much as possible." Nara gave a loud sigh, trying to catch her breath. "If all three objectives are at different places, me, you and Typhon should probably go towards the VIP."

"Sounds like a plan alright." Grommy said, giving her a fistbump.

With his pre-mission ritual now complete, Typhon emerges from behind the containers all stacked in the corner. As this was a stealth mission, Typhon made the appropriate changes to his equipment. A black ski-mask now covers his head in place of his helmet, and he appears to be carrying more medical supplies than the previous mission. He says absolutely nothing to the rest of the team as he approaches, not even acknowledging their presence with one of his witty remarks.

-----------------------------------

On the other hand, Shuren approaches as well. He doesn't stick around long, however, only showing up just to wish them good luck.

"Best of luck!" he says, patting each member of Scalpel on the shoulder.

Last edited:
Feeling confident about the strategy, she opted to go speak the plans with Lauren and Petar about it. She didn't want to yank the command into her own hands but to make sure everyone on her team was on the same page.

Nara sighed, nervous. She just contacted both on the radio and gave them her plans she talked to Grommy about if they would be approved or not. If not, well it was worth a try.

"Hey so, I've been noticing there's some doubt within the scalpel team, I just wanted to let you know because I think it can be really important getting others on the same page to avoid some miscommunication. I would like to act as a sort of communications for the team if you don't mind.

It's at least worth considering since this is a stealth mission and we still don't know a lot about each other right now. I don't think we want one person doing the heavy lifting since it's a team effort. So, that's it I guess." Nara ended the radio message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back