• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

Back and forth did Shuren go from the armory and the engineering bay, scampering down the halls to and from both areas as he continued experimenting with his new rifle. Results varied between satisfactory and a harsh tingling sensation of volts spreading throughout his body by pure accident. He’s getting the hang of it at least, and the further he modifies his rifle, the more he starts thinking: ‘what else could I enhance?’ The rest of the crew had weapons he could probably tinker with, and maybe he could take a few off any enemies they defeat to add to his own collection... Yes, that’s what’s he’s gonna do. Gather weapons, make them deadlier, and deliver them to his people. He rubs his hands together at the thought of amassing enough weapons to arm them beyond adequately and finally beat back those ‘silver devils’ that have enslaved them all.

This lighting gun was just the beginning, this he swore.

"Don't mind if I do." Vincent said to Albert as he sits down. He light a cigarette and looked around the lounge. "So, it's been a few weeks. How do you find out crew now?"

"Hold on. Crap, now someone's tazing me." Nara said as her character got stunned by the Tazer. "I'll handle it." Grommy took out the enemy, routing his character towards the getaway vehicle with the others. The mission was successful, earning a 50,000 dollars for the safehouse. Nara sighed a load of relief, giving a thumbs up to Ceane. "Thanks Ceane, we're probably going to sign off. I'll send you a friend request. Thanks for playing!" Nara thanked the Biker. Ceane waved goodbye, closing the screen while Grommy and Nara saved their progress. They exited the game after a big mission, heading to the red menu automatically.

"Welp that was fun. Now I don't know what to do Groms." Nara slouched with her back against the couch. Grommy extended his arms behind his head, thinking. "We can just think." He responded. Nara nodded, thinking.

Shelby lingered with Jericho and those in the lounge, eating her burger that was... passable as food. It wasn't as good as Castilian street burgers, covered in grease and wrapped up in little paper wrappers with colorful logos on them. She wished she actually knew how to cook so that she could make her own, but, of course, she never touched a grill in her life. Thankfully, no one was keen on forcing her into the kitchen after she said she was a cook.

The new guy who had survived the prison ship crash seemed... interesting. She wasn't very happy with a clear criminal just tagging along, but it was as it was.

---

Lucy quietly returned to the ship. Adam and Eve were following close behind her, the toaster filled to the brim with seashells. Even Lucy's arms were covered in seashells as she carried them back to her dark cabin, in which the light never turned on there. Today had been rather interesting, and enlightening in some ways. There was always an interesting interaction to be had when organics were around.

Daniel looked at the metal door. Seeing as Typhon seemed to be alive there was no point in disturbing him. He shook his head. "Nothing. I thought I heard someone, needed to make sure it was you." That said Daniel returned to his gear and continued to tinker.

---

Nathalie eventually excused herself from the lounge, bidding Shun, Francisco and the others farewell as she returned to her quarters. Enough distractions. It was time to continue her work. As she stepped inside she locked her door and re-activated her holographic displays. Where would she start? Nathalie frowned and opened up a blank note on her datapad as she sat down on her bed, looking at the wall covered in projections.

After a few moments of hesitation her fingers began to tap away, writing down words as she thought.

The doors to the freezer open with a whoosh of cold air rushing out, accompanying Typhon as he exits. Unlike when Yolandi found him, he looks far more cleaner now as he unfurled his gown and donned his medical helmet correctly with all wires and cables connected properly. Though before Daniel could catch any sort of sight of what gruesome horrors lurk inside, the doors shut behind him just as soon as they opened.

“Mr. Daniel.” he says, acknowledging his presence. His posture is off due to still being under the influence of painkillers, but otherwise he looks relatively normal.

Daniel looked up and raised an eyebrow. In his hands were the MEDT, currently without any active configuration. "Dr. Typhon," he replied while nodding. "I did not mean to disturb you. Yolandi locking the door made me suspect that she was perhaps procuring medical supplies unlawfully."
He lowered his gaze and continued to work on his device. "I'm sure you understand. Our efficiency cannot falter in any way."

He placed his hands on his hips at the ‘news’ “Well if she’s been stealing from us, then I think I ought to have a little word with her.” he says. “Though, might I say, I didn’t know you had inventory here.”

"I don't. I merely use this room for maintenance checks and restocking. As far as medical resources go I carry everything on my person," replied Daniel. The medical scanner was attached to the MEDT with a loud click as the device was put together. He nodded towards the cold storage room. "What were you doing in there?" Daniel eyed the medbay door and lowered his voice. "Samples for Thiel?"

Typhon jumps a little, and looks around to make sure Daniel’s the only one in the room. “...She told you too, didn’t she?”

Last edited:
"Ah, well, I think it's an interesting bunch. Some are what you'd think a pirate would be like... others are just enigmas to me. How the heck did they even get out here?" Albert said to Vincent with a chuckle. "Truly fascinating, and it makes my writing material more interesting rather than having all hardened criminals and pirates in the same group."

Daniel nodded. "She did." There was a brief pause, during which he holstered the MEDT.

"She also told me not to tell anyone, though I figured she had told you as well with you being an actual doctor."

Typhon rolls his eyes. She confided in Daniel not to tell anyone, yet he’s telling him. “Well, you’re lucky I know already. I don’t think she’d take kindly knowing you just told someone whom may or may not have known.”

Daniel raised an eyebrow. "Why would she have informed me but not the actual doctor? Logically those odds are very, very low." He shrugged. "Besides, if we are to be effective both of us need to be aware of the condition so that we can communicate properly. She doesn't have to like it, she only needs to trust that we know what to do."

“Just saying, Mr. Daniel-“ Typhon lets out a wicked cough. “...Doctor-Patient confidentially should always be upheld.”

"Perhaps you're right," said Daniel as he closed up his bag and grabbed his helmet. "I'll have to apologize to her. In the meantime, don't tell her." Daniel then nodded towards Typhon and left the medbay, heading for his private quarters.

As Karina and Aesha emerged from the elevator back into the lounge, Lauren herself made an appearance from the hallway. "Alright, listen up everyone." she said aloud, looking around the room. "We got potentially a new job ahead of us. I want to see all of you here in the lounge in about two hours so I can go over the details with you and sort you into two teams. Its a stealth op, so one team will be the scalpel and one team will be the hammer in case the scalpel fucks up." She gave them all one final look over, making sure that they were all listening, before proceeding on to the elevator and heading up to her room on the crew deck.

Two hours? Plenty of time. Karina glanced to Aesha one last time, before proceeding to the exit and heading outside the Mordred. To the garage she went, as she still needed to perform diagnostics on the battle suit with Yolandi. Meanwhile, Aesha fetched her burgers, blending them up in the blender and turning them into a slush for her to ingest.

Jackson woke up to the sound of Lauren telling the crew to get ready. He was filled with excitement for a new mission. As long as I'm on hammer team this is gonna be fuuuun. As he rubbed his head, feeling the incoming hangover already, he lit a cig and looked over to the sound of the blender. Aesha was mashing up the burgers he made. Oh boy!

He mimicked the tip of a hat towards her, "Howdy ma'am. Enjoy those meat sandwiches, I put a lot of hard work into em'."

Derrick looked over towards where Lauren was and heard of the new mission. "A Stealth mission huh? looks like its time to put on my suppressors for this one"

He stood up from the couch and said his goobyes to the duo. "Thanks for the talk Nara. I'll see you guys in a few hours" He walked out of the lounge area and into the armory where he fitted his guns with suppressors. he steps up to the booth and tests out firing just one of his pistols before going back to dual wielding again. he focuses on to the crude, paper cutout of what seems to be a Upyri Military officer.

"Lauren really has massive hate boner for these guys. yeesh."

He stablizes himself and pulls the trigger.

Jackson looked around the room and spotted Shelby eating one of his burgers, not completely disgusted by it. "Shelbs. I thought you were supposed to be the cook!?" He said out loud to her jokingly.

Then all of a sudden Nara lit up, sitting upright. "Grommy. I'm trying to figure out what to do but I'm stumped." She shrugged. Grommy nodded, "Me too kid. I can't even remember a flashback or a recollection."

"Maybe we can fill up the space or something?" Nara gestured outwards. Grommy turned to her, an eye raised. "How?"

Filler Episode

Ceane turned off the console, stretching her arms and legs. Her horse Morrigan walked over, ears forward. She simply petted her on the side making sure Morrigan saw her. Ceane went outside the house stepping on the hard wooden floors while Morrigan followed her. Unlocking the latch and pulling the door unveiled the yellow sun and birds flying. She lifted up an axe from its hold on the pouch, inspecting the scratches. The lady rummaging a bag of coins within her pockets, grabbing the saddle. Once they were ready, Ceane swiped the axe vertically, opening up a tear to another place. The tear spiraled into a powerful vortex of unknown power. They simply entered, revealing a pale town where its sign was covered in lich and moss: Nazara. A few wolfspiders hissed, scattering away as the horserider rode into town.

Both entered the streets, observing hooded stragglers, men carrying staffs and hats. The clouds rained droplets of crimson blood against the cobblestone, pedestrians crowding up the streets within the Avar district. Few barely bothered to pull out umbrellas or protection, heading towards taverns or apartments built in the ground. Ceane shrugged, traveling with Morrigan towards a small shop titled The Bakery Bear, the sign also covered in vines and moss. She tied Morrigan up, entering the shop seeing a couple of owls staring at her. Then there he was, a large individual covered in thick fur and scratches marched towards the wooden counter, claws out as it smelled someone. Ceane observed the beast, taking off her helmet to greet. A few silhouettes stood on the ceiling, red eyes glaring at her every movement.

"Yes...?" The Bakery Beast asked towards the headless Ceane. She typed for a few seconds, raising up her phone to show it to the Baker. His eyes squinted in an effort to concentrate, seeing the message.

[2x Scream Cheese
1 large bag of Black Sugar
1 bag of dark vine seeds
3x Bloodmelons ]

"Uh huh... Be right back." The Beast went to the back, smoke and dust rising until he carried the items she requested. He pounded his fist against the counter, hairy nostrils exhaling. Ceane pulled out a bag, untying it to reveal a few bronze rials. She also lifted up a jar of a blue substance, the Beast snatching the jar from her hands giving a taste by its paw. Ceane grabbed the items, walking past a pack of hungry manvultures picking off a carcass. The faint smoke from her neck flowed against the wind. She decided to cover it up with her helmet, slowly breathing. To the far right was a black bride singing a somber tune while ominous spirits spectated her performance. A giant wearing leatherhide slowly marched towards a construction area, holding up planks of wood for the people there. The streets were crowding, both heading towards another location.

Ceane and Morrigan traveled to the decrepit pier in the Red Sea, watching several travelers feed the sea dogs with old bone treats. The tallest was the old Lighthouse, powered by a mystical force. Getting near the door, Ceane knocked against the gigantic door twice. The door creaked, opening up. A pale teen peeked outside, wearing a brown witch hat and a cloak.

"There you are. Did you bring the goods?" She asked. Ceane nodded, raising the items she bought from the Baker Beast. The witch raised an eyebrow, sighing. "What happened to your head again?"
Ceane typed onto the phone, showing a screen: [Stolen.] The witch rubbed her temples, glowing red. "Cheeseface are you serious? Okay Aethel don't panic." Aethel made deep breaths, closing her eyes. The headless horsewoman set the items aside by the sweeping broom swiping dust in a pan, the fireplace glowing. Aethel and Ceane sat down, holding their arms out. Between them was a floating crystal ball. A faint blue symbol emerged, showing visions of Ceane's birth world. Blue and green, developed and ruled by government. Aethel opened her eyes, flashing bone dust from her satchel, sparking the planet.

"Somewhere here. But the exact place? I wouldn't know. You'd have to wander there yourself." Aethel stated as Ceane leaned forward. Home. Or at least, it was home. The glowing symbol retracted, disappearing completely with both standing up. Despite what predicament Ceane got herself into, Aethel gave a fake smile. "Well on the bright side, you know where it is. Best find it before other people do. Anyways, thanks for the goods, the crows will be hungry for dinner." The witch fed a white crow a vine seed, tasting the essence. Ceane turned to the entrance just about to leave, until a glove nudged her shoulder.

"By the way. Please bring some souvenirs will you? The last item you've bought me died." She raised up a flashlight, switching it on and off trying to get it to work. Ceane shook her head, baffled the witch couldn't find out what went wrong. [That object is dead because the battery ran out.] Aethel shook the object repeatedly until Ceane took it from her, opening the bottom to reveal a small battery, taking it out. "Well how do you bring it back to life?" Aethel asked. Ceane pulled out an identical replacement named HarkArk AA, inserting one inside. The flashlight came back to life again, spooking Aethel and shielded her arms in defense. Aethel slowly took the object, shining light on her crystal ball, casting a shadow.

"This is orthodox sorcery at it's finest. Even I'm confused." Aethel leaned forward. Ceane patted her on the back, flicking an index finger. [Science, Aethel] The witch snapped her fingers, getting the idea after thinking about it. "Right! An electrical element within a device capable of making it's own magic. Useful." She chuckled. With her work done, Ceane and Morrigan said their goodbyes to Aethel, leaving the lighthouse as the bloodmoon settled. With no one else here, the horserider rested her arms behind her neck, dwelling on past memories. How long has it been? Years, decades, centuries? Time itself played out way differently here compared to there. She just felt uncomfortable to return, worrying she'd be treated badly by the locals.

The only good experience back there were these two individuals. They called themselves Grommy and Nara. Weird folk but pleasant at least. Maybe she could meet up with them again? Noticing how down the horserider felt, Morrigan stuck a tongue out, licking Ceane's shoulder to cheer the rider up. Her muscles relaxed, hands brushing the dark horse's mane. They wandered towards the Avar district once more, seeing a group of chrysalids, eight legged lifeforms collecting pebbles and dust as they searched endlessly for more.

"!SREKLATS EHT ERAWEB DNA SNOISSESSOP RUOY EDIH !GNIMOC SI RETNIW ,NOITNETTA" The crier shouted as black tears floated upwards. The clouds darkened and more bloodrain came down, bats opening their mouths for a drop. Ceane rode on Morrigan, swiping her axe vertically as the tear opened. They left in a hurry, heading back to their normal home.

Last edited:
Hours passed, and soon it was time for the gathering in the Lounge. Those that hadn't been informed of the gathering were caught up, either through being hunted down and dragged to the lounge, or sent a message through their datapads. Once everyone was gathered and seated (or standing off to themselves,) the briefing started. "Alright, boys and girls...and robots." started Lauren, standing up in front of the group. "Got a job opportunity from some family friends by the name of Cerulean and Saffron. A pair of Sanghvi. Real creepy pair of twins. Anyway, mission is to Eta-Tau VII. Planet in the Tymphaea system, down in Yscom territory."

Lauren then proceeded to go over the same information that she had given Petar, though in a more simplified manner. When she finished, she looked around the room at the various members of the crew. "Any questions? Comments? Remarks? One-liners?" she said, chuckling at the last one as she waved a hand off to the side. "If not, we can get to assigning who goes on what team. I'll be on Scalpel team. Petar will be leading Hammer team. Our two fly girls will remain on standby unless we need them."

Jericho spent most of the day with Shelby in the kitchen. He was once again reminded of how disgusting human food looks most of the time, but burgers specifically made him feel the worst. So greasy. Yuck. At some point, the crew was requested in the lounge. There was a new job for the crew and Jericho was glad about it, as he was getting a bit bored of sitting here at the base without much to do. Once Lauren gave everyone the info about the job, Jericho raised his hand while looking rather amused. "Just a question. How quick do you want this done?" he asked, with a bit of cockiness to his voice. After all, he was a master assassin. Sneaking into places was his specialty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back