• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

"I'm calling it right now." Petar piped up once Lauren finished "Jackson and Derick are with me on team hammer so I can keep an eye on both of them and make sure they don't break anything important when they aren't supposed to." He looked at them both from where he was standing "Are we in an understanding?"

Shelby listened to the briefing, somewhat unhappy but she kept that mostly to herself. So, finally, there was another mission. And it would be likely that she'd have to try and kill people again. Since they had gone on their first raid, the fact that she killed two people still lingered in her mind from time to time. The pain had lessened over the days, but it still made her feel guilty. And here she was about to do it again.

---
Lucy was silent during the briefing as well, but not due to any emotional distress. She simply listened and accepted the information. She didn't have anything to ask. Wherever they pointed her, she would go and perform.

Also in attendance with her was Adam, the bot-controlled toaster, which she had seated on her lap. Lucy's clawed hand occasionally stroked the device, petting it as if it were some strange rectangular cat.

When something finally popped up Grommy and Nara got together, hearing out the announcement from Lauren. They were still new to this pirate business, chances are things will get more difficult. Asking questions right now was crucial. Grommy and Nara raised their hands, standing out unfortunately.

"So uh, who are the Elysian Commonwealth? I hear some things when we were traveling to the RQ but I heard they were pretty big somewhere." Nara asked.

As the hours tumbled along by, the blissful waves of numbness brought on by the painkillers went away with it, leaving Typhon feeling just as rotten as he looks. When the time came to organize for the briefing, he made damn sure to stay away from everyone else, still angry at the insults he was given earlier. He stands there, alone, wearing a look of death on his face as his sunken eyes slowly stalk across the faces around him; thinking of how he’ll take them all down for the massive bounty they all have.

“I’m assuming I’ll be placed on scalpel?” he asks, hoping his former experience as a commando would be acknowledged.

Daniel and Nathalie listened to the briefing in silence. Daniel was already kitted up and stood next to Typhon with his helmet held closely. As Typhon spoke up he glanced over to the doctor before looking at Lauren. "If Typhon is assigned to Scalpel I should be placed with Hammer, ma'am."
He scratched his chin. "QRF-assaults is one of my specialities."

---

As always Nathalie stood next to Shun. She assumed that Lauren would place her on Scalpel considering that stealth missions is what she was trained for.

Yolandi shows up dressed in her space suit and body armor outfit from the original freighter raid, albeit with some patching up done to it, very obvious patching up. She has added on leg panels and arm panels for extra protection, she has her tuned up Gauss LMG from Drav hanging in front of her on a sling. She also has as many spare boxes as she can fit on her rigging. Zou is absent from the meeting room because he obviously can't get into this part of the Mordred due to his size, she speaks up, "I'm on Hammer right, I can go get changed and do Scalpel, but Zou is already taking a spot on Hammer, so I can be in either team since he doesn't need me to hold his hand."

Vance stayed quiet as he listened to the mission briefing. They would be going somewhere called "Yscom", which was entirely unfamiliar to him. Nonetheless, he hoped that the mission would go as smoothly as the last one went, without any surprises getting into the mix. He took a look at his hand for a moment as the others were talking. What if I start glowing again? he thought to himself with curiosity. Even after this time, he was still no closer to an answer, yet he would try to find the truth eventually. When Lauren mentioned splitting into two teams, Scalpel and Hammer, he stayed quiet and observed. He didn't mind going on either one, and so would leave it to either Lauren or Petar to assign him.

---

Albert stayed at his table in the lounge to observe the group meeting from slightly afar. He didn't want to interrupt or get in anyone's way, and plus it would allow him to get a sense of the scene in general for his upcoming pages. Looked like a new mission was coming up, heading into Yscom territory. He frowned upon mentioning of that, as he always held a certain disdain towards that region. He made that clear in Cafe at the Edge of the Galaxy. They were splitting into teams as well, and Albert was eager to see who would be assigned to what.

Shun stood at the briefing room rather quietly, as it seemed obvious where he was going to be placed. While he certainly could perform as an admirable stealth operative there are many other fitting choices. With the way he tended to fight his telekinetic powers often lead themselves better to breaching and assault, but he still made sure to observe their primary objectives. Already knowing how... shoddy this team can be at times, he was under the impression that hammer team would not be sitting on the sidelines.

"It would seem my skills would be best relegated to the backup team." he states. "I am confident that this operation shall go smooth enough that we may be unnecessary." The Ayr cyborg wasn't at all, but he said these kind of statements for the good of morale.

Lauren glanced to Jericho. "We get in, get shit done, get out. You'll be on Scalpel, Jerry, along with Lucy, Nathalie, Typhon, Yolandi, Nara, Grommy, Pearl, and Renate." she said, looking around to the others as she picked them out. "Hammer team will be Petar, Jackson, Derrick, Vance, Daniel, Shun, Kalashi, and Zou. The rest of you will stay with the ship in the event that we need to bring in the big guns." When Nara asked about the Elysian Commonwealth, Lauren tilted her head. "Big multicorporate empire south of here. They own almost the entire fuckin' southwestern quadrant. Used to be Sol colonies but kinda did their own thing after Sol pulled back to the southeastern quadrant. There's also a lot of Upyri in Yscom too."

Last edited:
Jackson casually finished eating the burgers as the rest of crew came down to the lounge for the mission briefing. He stayed quiet throughout all of it, only noise from him was the occasional drag of his cig. At the end, he learned he was placed on Hammer team, along with Petar, Derrick, Vance, Daniel, Shun, Kalashi, and Zou. Who the hell was Kalashi, he had no idea and just shrugged, but he was happy to work with the others.

"Hell yea! Happy to work with the others, Hammer team gonna kick fuckin' ass when the A-Team eventually fucks it up," he said with a laughter, followed by mimicking funny faces at those across the room. He stopped and looked at Lauren with a small look of confusion on his face, "Uhm....do we need actual hammers for Hammer team? I only have explosives."

"Big corporation empire, sounds like big money." Grommy placed a finger onto his chin. He never experienced a big business like the Commonwealth before, neither has Nara. Add on to the Upyri who are long lived, you got yourself a long living state that could potentially last for decades provided no invasions happened.

"I wonder if life down there is pretty good." He finally commented on before waiting for the mission.

Daniel frowned and glanced at Jackson as he made his remark before looking over at Typhon with sad puppy eyes. By the sound of things he may have a lot of work ahead of him, should things go south.

---

Knowing that she was indeed on Scalpel alongside Jericho made Nathalie nod slightly in approval. At least she would have one other member on her team that could actually infiltrate and disrupt enemy activities. She was highly skeptical of the others.

Typhon’s a little pleased after hearing he’ll be placed on scalpel. It’s not the first time he’s ever been on a stealth mission before, and he’ll make sure it won’t be the last. Centuries of being Quds has taught him the art of stealth and assassination well, and he’ll be more than happy to wave it in everyone’s faces. Though, the very subtle grin on his face vanished after Jackson’s mocking.

“Oh, piss on you, Jackson.” he mutters, unaware he’s saying it aloud.

———————

On the other hand, with electric gun of death and deafness firmly in his hands, Shuren bows his head slightly in dejection. He hoped that the crew would start to take him more seriously as he shows off his combat prowess during the mission, but unfortunately, it looks like that’ll have to wait for another opportunity. Unless...

“And I? Where I go? I know how to use rifle, yes?” he asks.

Drav spoke up when Shuren did. "Drav think Shuren be Hammer. Zap gun loud." she suggested, motioning to Shuren. Lauren nodded. "Alright. Shuren, you're on Hammer team. And no Jackson, not unless you're gonna get in real fuckin' close and beat someone to death with one. Its simply the name of the team. You know, like Alpha team and Bravo team? Scalpel and Hammer team."

Nara turned to Grommy who was actually placed in the same team as her. She wondered on that decision, recalling the last time stealth happened.

February 7th, 2426
Shadespear Station

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

Present
Nara rubbed her forehead, strands of hair in the way. This was going to be tough. Grommy shrugged, thinking of an idea.

The Elysian Commonwealth? Oh boy.... Shelby was well acquainted with the other big corporates out in the galaxy. And just how dangerous they could be. In truth, she was rather more nervous now as she thought it all over. The only aspect that kept her from starting to break down was the fact that she got to sit this one out and not have to go on either of the teams. Hopefully, for her, it would be just a nice wait on the ship.

For the moment, she thought back on what she knew about the Commonwealth. There had to have been something useful she knew from all her school lessons and living life as a corporate child....

---

Lucy glanced between Lauren and Jackson and raised her clawed hand. "D-d-does this also mean Scalpel team does not, in fact, require scalpels? I am proficient in utilizing e-e-every digit as an independent scalpel for a variety of surgical eviscerations."

She paused for a moment, glancing down at the toaster cradled in her lap. "I can attempt a s-s-s-system wide hostile take over of facility and ship systems if r-r-required. I will devour any artificial intelligence in my w-w-way."

"Looks like you're sitting this one out." Albert said as he nudged Vincent jokingly. "I do need a smoke and drink buddy on board as the action happens."

---

"Loud and proud, I like it!" Vance said with a chuckle as he learned of his role in the next mission. "Lookin' forward to the action."

Yolandi quirks a brow as she's put in Scalpel. She's not exactly the commando type, more of a tricky liar type. She plods off and gets changed into something a little less overt. She comes back wearing her wetsuit with black combat boots and a light protective vest over the torso for a bare minimum of protection, over that is her well worn and taped up military jacket and her hands have her dark brown leather driving gloves from the same outfit her jacket is from. The wetsuit isn't exactly flattering like Nathalie's yoga pants, if anything it just makes Yolandi look like a mannequin that would be used to display unisex clothing at a store. She's got a nice hand-worked leather holster at her hip with the rookie hunter's automagnum tucked into it. Even for someone Yolandi's size, it's a handcannon of a gun and very obviously not a quiet weapon. She has her diving knife in a boot sheath on her left calf though, so her silent weaponry need is fulfilled. She places her hands on her hips, "Good enough? I'm not exactly a pro at this whole sneaking assassin shit, but I'm a pro at bullshitting, so I think I'll be fine."

"We head out tomorrow. That should give all of you time to prepare and get your shit together." said Lauren, responding to Jackson before glancing to Lucy. "That's exactly why I'm bringing you. Its likely they have security systems and other things we'll need to punch through, and you'd be perfect for that shit." She returned her attention to the rest of the group, looking them over. "This is our first big job since I hired you, so don't fuck it up. We'll get a nice fat paycheck if we get this done and done right. Now, do what you need to do, and get your shit in order. Then get some rest. We start early tomorrow morning."

She then glanced to Petar and gave him a nod before heading towards the elevator to the crew level. Drav then spoke up as the elevator doors closed behind Laurn. "If need quiet gun, Drav help. In Armory." said the large Khergian, before turning and departing for the ship's armory.

Once the briefing was over, Grommy and Nara made a plan to talk to Drav about making Grommy less noisy. "Groms I gotta do some engineering work in the rear and some hw while I'm at it. You go talk to Drav about doing something to your footwork." They both agreed, separating for a little while until Grommy can secure some stealth gear. Or stealth boots at least. The big rockman headed for the Armoury, seeing Drav if she can do something about his feet. Meanwhile Nara, went towards Engineering, heading to a workplace where she can sit down and see if they were any repairs to be made for Mordred.

Nara observed a diagram of the Mordred, leaning closer on her holotablet. "Christ, why isn't this thing in the intro directory." She muttered. Turret shafts divided Engineering from the other departments and can probably fit over forty people until it started getting cramped. Engineering itself comprised a large chunk of the Mordred, leaving for some workplaces, engines, and not to mention fuel tanks for sublight. There were also another can of worms for Nara to open up, because she was an engineer it was her responsibility to handle the subsystems as well. Spacecraft needed: life support, attitude control, communications, propulsion, payload, and of course power. Nara decided to focus on the Power subsystem for today, holotablet in hand to check whether power supply was working as it should be. The fuel tanks supplied the main source of power for the Mordred, it probably had backup batteries in case of emergencies. Whether they had solar technology to convert it to power was yet to be seen.

The electrical system probably had wiring for every electronic on board so people can switch it on or off to conserve power. So she just accessed panels in the ceiling using a ladder from Engineering to just check if it wasn't broken. Nara peeked thoroughly, no damages or tangled stuff. She continued checking in the hallways, observing ways she can also decorate the ship so things didn't look so boring or depressing.

Once the briefing was over Daniel walked over to Karina. On the way over he passed by Lucy and Adam.
"Lucy. Adam." He said, nodding.

Once he reached Karina he crossed his arms. "Thiel. I need to speak with you. In private."

---

Nathalie didn't intend to stick around once the briefing was done. She could use some rest before the mission. As she made her way for the exit she glanced over at Yolandi and her attire.

Nat smirked. "I like your style. A bit Upyri. Very...urbanized."

Grommy walked over to Drav's location, noticing that she was actually a foot taller than he was. He waved towards her. "Yo, Drav. You think you can do something with shoes. I'm not really the brightest in quiet places since I'm big and these boots aren't made for walking, through quiet places." Grommy lifted up his boot, pointing towards it.

"You think you might have boots that can be quiet for me?" He asked.

Typhon walks in circles around Yolandi, checking her figure out in order to give her an answer. "A wetsuit's better than nothing, though I do have a spare uniform if you think it'll fit you. In any case, just follow my lead, and you'll be fine."

Hearing the mission was going to be tomorrow and not later today, Jackson started preparing. He could celebrate after their success.. He couldnt on stealth not working out, it never does on these kind of missions. When you get found, you're in a bad spot as opposed to the shock a frontal assault does. But whatever, he gets paid either way.

He started heading back to his quarters, when he quickly ducked into the engineering section. Looking around, and avoiding the cat lady, he stole a hammer from one of the work benches. Hehehe, team fuckin' hammer.

He then quickly retired to his quarters, where he put on his gear, guns, ammo, locked and loaded. He was too eager to sleep, and went to gun range to let out more pent up excitement. Tomorrow is going to be a good day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back