• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

Grommy took the glass of mineral water with Nara dropping a plastic straw in her drink. Nara raised the glass, "Well Grommy, mom would be happy that we're journeying out here. In the middle of god knows where we are. But I have a feeling this can be good for us. Inspiration on how to make music."

"Well we can at least play an instrument. The first time is always the hardest Nara." Grommy pointed out, gulping down. The rockman wore a large black backpack, carrying what seemed to be drums and other stuff he carried around. Nara nodded, taking a sip. "Yeah but the question is how?"

"That's the real question to life, Nara." Grommy said before one of the patrons coughed up on something. The duo turned to the kid, curious. "Uh oh, I think that kid is coughing to death. Can you do the hemlock manuever?" Grommy asked.

"The heimlick maneuver? Yeah I probably can. Let's help out." Nara and Grommy walked over to the kid, "Yo, you okay there?" Nara asked.

Last edited:
The doctor curiously examined the little girl sitting not too far from him. Real young looking; was she some pirate boss' child? Who the hell would bring a kid to a place like this? He waves to get her attention.

"My apologies, little one, but I couldn't help but notice you may perhaps be in the wrong station? Sol's brainwashing school is a few systems away."

Last edited:
"I'll handle it." Vincent unhooked the credit chit from the tool and walked over towards the slaves. With a friendly smile, he addressed them. "Our friend that liberated you forgot that you were in need of money in order to make it to safety, I do hope you forgive him for that oversight." He handed the chit to one of the newly freed men "It has 10k credits. More than enough for you folks to get new clothes, food and a way out of here, just be careful with who you speak with and how much you spend. Go to dock 8. There is a man named Solomon. He brought me here and could take you somewhere safe. Somewhere out of the quadrant."

"Now go. Leave the Renegade quadrant and never look back and may God watch over you and lead you to your new home." The slave nodded and turned to talk with the others. Soon enough the left off to find their way out. Vincent returned to Vance to reassure him "They should be fine, unless someone does something extremely stupid. Now, how about you my friend. What brings you here?"

Albert was a perplexed to see someone so young enter the bar and order a drink... and then subsequently start to choke on it. He chuckled as he wrote down their harrowing experience with alcohol into his notebook, hopefully an audience would get a good laugh from it.

---

"Alright, thank you for that." Vance replied with a nod and a smile. "It's quite a long story. I've been drifting 'round these parts from anywhere between 4 and 6 months... hard to keep track of time around these parts it seems. Been taking care of some unsavory figures I come across in the meantime, figure the little guys need these thugs out of their lives."

Shelby's face burned even redder when the nearly all white synthetic woman started to laugh as she coughed on her drink, tears streaming down her smooth cheeks. Thankfully, the strange alien duo had approached to save her. She pointed at one of their glasses of water they were holding again.

"W-water, p-please!" It felt like her throat had literally caught on fire, and she wondered if this was normal or if she was having an allergic reaction. Just her luck! What would the pirates think if she couldn't even drink alcohol?

Daniel watched with interest as what would appear to be a little girl entered the bar, sat down at the counter and immediately started coughing on a gin and tonic. His face didn't show it (in fact it didn't show anything at all) but he was legitimately curious. He cleared his throat to get Grommy and Nara's attention. "Two quick slaps on the upper back. Open palm." He pointed at Nara. "You'll have to do it. Give her two sips of water afterwards."

---

Nathalie eyed the new patrons silently. She made sure to maintain watch over her original targets. She then noticed a girl entering. Dressed almost like one of those school girls from Qalea or like the rich kids from Castillia. She was entirely out of place. An easy target as well.

Instinctively Nathalie scanned for anyone focusing on the girl. If she was on the run there could be assassins or bounty hunters nearby. She could also be a bait. Wouldn't be the first time. Nat had worked with some kids in service of the SSOID. Street kids turned informants.

She shook her head.

No kid deserves that.

Suddenly her attention shifted. A cocky pilot wearing obvious Sol Navy fatigues. Gear looks almost like the current-genertaion of SSN pilot gear. The red hair. Blue eyes. Nathalie narrowed her eyes. Well I'll be damned, it's Kovak. If she can walk around here without a single care then that must mean that Shadespear is way ebyond the SSOID's reach.

Nathalie shrugged.

Unless she's constantly on the move. Would explain why the other asshats never got to her.

Last edited:
Vulkov noticed the new arrival going straight to the bar and then subsequently chocking on the alcohol. He let out a HA before deciding to give his take on the situation.
"Not feeling up to the drinks, missy?"
---
"Unsavory figures you're going to find plenty. Like I said, this is where many of them gather." He pointed towards the nearby bar "How about I treat you to a drink and you can tell me your story in peace? Or as much peace as you can get around these parts."

"Oh. Sure no problem." Nara passed along her ordinary drink of water towards Shelby, hearing other people comment on them. "Jesus, there's a lot of people coming in lately." Nara mentioned.

"It's probably happy hour at this time." Grommy looked at his surroundings, seeing a man. When he made the comment, Grommy pointed himself as if he was saying Who me?

Yolandi gets up and tries to relocate to sit next to Shelby, clearly finding someone who isn't the usual dregs she runs into around these places. She knocks on the bar and orders a beer for Shelby, likely ignoring the others trying to render aid.

"Kid, if you're gonna make it your first, don't make it your first in a place like this." Yolandi then slides her own glass of whiskey over to her new seat.

Shelby was overwhelmed at the appearance of some patrons near her, and for a moment she wondered if she showed weakness and that they were going to rip her to shreds and steal her luggage. But, thankfully, it seemed that wasn't the case as a few of them showed some surprising concern for her. These probably weren't pirates then, just normal people passing through.

She took the offered water from Nara and took a hearty sip... or three from the glass before handing it back, the coughing mercifully stopped but her eyes still watering and face red. It was difficult to say if the tears were from the drink or embarrassment. "T-thank you very much, ma'am," she said to Nara, and then she glanced around at a burly bearded man who looked pretty tough - Vulkov.

"I'm quite alright," she said, voice still a little hoarse. "I'm... I'm just used to planetary blends... thats all, you see."

Then Yolandi appeared beside her and Shelby looked at the woman wide eyed, wiping one sleeve across her face to clear the tears away.

"It's not my first!" She replied indignantly, "I drink this all the time. I'm... I'm just not used to this kind!" She took the new glass of water with a slight pout and a muttered thanks, before drinking it down liberally to soothe her burning throat.

"I do need some water, my throat is parched!" Vance replied with a chuckle. He looked around for an establishment before pointing a sign in the distance. "How about that one over there? Morgan's Chalice?"

The redhead couldn't help but snicker to herself, busting the cap off of the beer using the edge of the bar, and downing a good third of it in one gulp. Okay, sure, she had to give off a couple coughs and wipe her mouth with an arm after downing that amount of it so quickly, but it was hardly like she was hacking the entire thing up. You know, compared to what she could hear further down the bar. She turned herself around to look at the rest of the bar, in various states of sulking and conversing. One hand held her bottle, and the other nominally rested upon the bar... conveniently close to the pistol grip poking out from under her pockets.

She then noticed the woman in the armor looking over towards her. She spared a glance, before eyes darted back away. Weird-- but that armor seemed pretty sleek. Best as she could guess, could've been someone the Militia hired. Or even worse, someone from Sol itself. Obviously, neither'd managed to pin her down just yet, but you always gotta be on the look out for these things.

From his corner at the counter Daniel chuckled for the first time in years as the girl tried to convince everyone that she was in fact an avid drinker. "Relax girl, you don't need to put on a show."

---

Nathalie continued to stare at Kovak. Once she had her attention she did a quick faux salute followed by a nod. It was as much a test as an invitation. She clenched her jaw and waited in silence to see what would happen next.

"If that's the case, let's get you something more drinkable and less gut rotting." He placed the half empty bottle on the bar and started waving a hand to grab the bartender's attention "Ey" He whistled "Light beer for the kid here. Put it on his tab" He pointed towards the man he had pummeled minutes before "He owes me a few drinks so I'm cashing them in."
---
"That will do I think." Vencent started to lead the way towards their destination. Once inside, he noticed the large gathering already "Looks like we hit happy hour."

There! All better! The sign outside the gathering place now shines brighter than ever. Shuren stands back and examins his work with pride. He nods to himself with a sense of pride and accomplishment before taking a peek inside just to see what kind of place this really is.

The movement of the salute caught her eye once again, and Olivia narrowed them towards Nathalie. Crossed legs became uncrossed, and there was a tense sip of her beer, elbow sliding across the bar... into a better position for her to grab the pistol from its holster.

"...Do I know you?" A simple, cursory question, though she knew to keep well away from the woman. One couldn't be too careful.

Yolandi profers the beer she ordered for Shelby to her. Yolandi is large, pushing close to two meters in height with a strong build to match it. Her hand covers most of the beer bottle as she sets it down gently with a clink.

"Oldest excuse ever, older than you are. Here, if you're gonna try to drink with the big kids, stick to beer and save yourself the embarassment."

Nathalie, still a blank expression on her face aside from her narrowed eyes, shook her head. "No," she replied in a low tone. "But I know you, Miss Kovak."
She let go of her pistol grip and placed both hands on the table infront of her. A crossed-over SSOID Strikeforce emblem on one of her shoulder pads flashed briefly as the brown cloak she wore ontop shifted and moved. "I'm a big fan."

As the cybernetically augmented individual inpatiently waited for thier order, tapping thier metal claws onto the worn counter. Making various cuts into the already heavily scared metal. She begin to scan her surroundings for anything out of the ordinary.

She found quite the crowd here, grizzled mercenaries, shady inverts and proud lunatics. It was going to busy night she thought to herself, hopefully one of them got a lot credit and is looking for her someone captured or dead, preferably the fromer.

As she looked about, she quickly noticed the rockman. While not one of those damned sanghvi. Her Kanad instincts made her fixated on him for few seconds, letting out a low growl under her mask.

She suddenly closed her eyes and let out a deep breath before pulling a small vital from under her belt. Stabbing it into the port on her respirator. Giving herself a quick pick me up as the vital's contents where emptied into her augmented respiratory system.

She recoiled back in her stool, rising her head softly up and letting out a small cloud of dense smoke in the air above the counter. Her claws shattering the glass vital as she let out a deep sign in ecstasy.

Shelby drank the water Yolandi offered rather quickly, placing the empty glass back down on the bar as she looked over to Daniel. "I'm not pretending," she replied, wondering how she could try and make up a believable lie. She was usually far better at this, but this situation was entirely too overwhelming. "I've had whiskey before too, you know. And... other liquors." She winced slightly at how it sounded. You have lied most of your life and now you can't even make it semi-believable now.

She was surprised when Vulkov ordered her a beer. She was even more surprised when she realized the man must have beaten up the other guy over money. So this guy... probably a pirate.

When it arrived she studied the bottle for a second. Now this was probably better. Shelby took a little swig from it but her face twisted a bit when she swallowed. "Its... its pretty sour... is the drink out of date?"

Then Yolandi gave her another beer. These people were surprisingly friendly it turned out. She tried this beer and then made another face. "Hey, this one is sour too! And I'm not a kid, miss, I'm perfectly adult," Shelby explained, pouting again.

Daniel continued to watch the situation unfold with great interest. Inbetween all the running and gunning this felt so...normal. He looked at Vulkov and Yolandi. "Are you trying to get her drunk? She'll be able to take three glasses, tops."

A hand placed itself on Olivia's hip, who took a few steps forwards. Making sure, naturally, to keep a couple meters distance between herself and this-- now that she can get a better look... almost robotic looking chick. If not that, then she sure as fuck's got some weird eye augments going on. "Ahuh-- right. I see that my reputation precedes me." Olivia said under a facade of cockiness, a now half-full beer bottle clanging against the plastic-y chestplate, before leaning forwards some. "So, now that we've got me out of the way, just who the fuck, are you?"

Yolandi looks over at Volkov then at Shelby wince at both beers offered. She laughs again, slapping Shelby on the back a little too hard, but in a jovial sort of intent.

"Kid, your lies are about as convincing as your boozing. Also, you're a kid to me, so you're gonna have to take that badge and wear it alongside your 'Greener Than Grass' one."

Nathalie's eyes shifted between Olivia's face and gun. She smirked faintly. "Walker. I'm sure you can guess where I'm from and who I used to work for based on the fact I know who you are." She drummed her fingers against the table. "You're well-kept secret, you know. I heard the fired everyone who was involved with your recruitment. Your old CO. Everyone who didn't expect you to do what you did."
She shrugged. "I don't have any reason to go after you if that's what you're worrying about. I prefer staying alive and staying under the radar."

Albert continued to observe the events unfolding, writing down the events occurring in front of him. He turned to look when the door entered with two new individuals, one of whom was a man with an eyepatch and a cigar in hand while the other... well, was an oddity to say the least. Albert's eyes went wide as he laid his eyes upon what looked like quite literally a museum artifact.

Vance walked into Morgan's Chalice with Vincent and the two of them took a seat at an empty table. Vance carefully removed his helmet to reveal his face to his companion, as well as to down some drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back