• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Starpath: Burning Sails [IC] [CLOSED]

"And I won't get drunk," she said when Daniel spoke to Vulkov and Yolandi. "I am well aware of my limits for consumption, and I would not drink over said limit. Just like everyone else."

She let out another wince and oof when Yolandi patted her on the back. The giantess of a woman... cyborg or robotic or something... seemed jolly and kind, and definitely very strong.

"And... and fine, I guess I am a kid to you, but that doesn't mean I am a kid. I've been on my own for a long time, I'll have you know. I just... don't drink much...." she mumbled.

The redhead rolled her eyes, leaning back into more of a neutral stance. "Uh huh, so, what. They fired the entire fuckin' navy? Seems like something that those pencil-pushing dickheads-- your bosses, not mine, would do. Pretty handily and easily, too." There was something of a sigh from the woman, before her gaze turned back towards Nathalie. "So, what. You're some sort of OID I'm uncultured who, I'm guessing from the eyes, got souped the hell up for some reason or another, and just decided to quit?" With that in mind, Olivia was pretty sure that in a ground level fight, she'd get her teeth knocked down her throat. She might be headstrong to a fault, but she's not stupid.

"We can tell." Vulkov just added as he took Shelby's bottle for himself.
---
"Well. It's good to see there's a face under that helmet." Vincent commented on Vance's appearance. He didn't sit down himself "I'm going to get us something to drink, you want anything specific or just about anything will do?"

"Ahh, that takes off the edge..." The individual said in a much more relaxed tone under her breath. Shrugging her shoulders out and taking a glimpse around her as she took a few quick breaths as she bowed her head.

She quickly rose back up to see two odd looking men enter the bar. She watched Them as they walked closer to counter. While she quickly recognized both as Humans. The one in suit confuse her as it looked extremely ancient, even by human standards.

"So what museum did you all rob?" Kalashi said out loud to the men coming into the bar. Turning to face them both.

----

Pearl, an rather strange looking specimen of their species. Had a oddly humanoid shape for a Sanghvi. Thier she'll was an off white with a black organic Cloak that covered most of thier upper torso. The hand had a glass visor covering the front of thier head with a scarf wrapped around the rest of thier head. The visor was a dark black and had two digital dots that acted as eyes.

Pearl traveled slowly and cautiously through the halls, keeping a eye out for anything. Pearl was unfamiliar with this station and more so with social situations. Pearl kept mostly to themself and eventually found themselves at the bar behind a pair of odd looking humans.

Last edited:
Nathalie shrugged. In response to Kovak's question she simply tilted her head. "I have my reasons for being here much like you have yours. Let's just say that we've both fallen out of favor with the wrong people."

---

Daniel grunted and took another drag from his cigarette, exhaling slowly.

It seems there's quite the commotion going on inside this pub, Shuren observes. Wanting none of it, he leans on the nearest wall and waits for the activity to die down so he may show the bartender that the sign's fixed.

Yolandi chuckles and drinks the rest of her whiskey at a modest pace. She chases it down with the beer she ordered Shelby and finishes the bottle in a few gulps. She orders another whiskey and another glass of water for Shelby.

"Kid, you really are out of your element aren't you. You run away from home or something?"

"Just water for me. My pop taught me to be dryer than a salt field when it comes to booze." Vance responded as he placed his helmet down on the table and leaned back in his seat. He took in the surroundings as he waited for Vincent to return. He seemed like a good man, unlike most of the unsavory characters he had run-ins with on his own brand of justice which was a good change of scenery for him. Still, he didn't forget that he was in a seedy establishment in this place. Most here were probably criminals of some kind, though most seemed to mind their own business. Although he did spot a man with a trillby glancing at him several times as he wrote things down in a notebook. Vance raised a curious eyebrow, pondering as to what the man could be writing. However, his thoughts were interrupted by that of another voice in the establishment.

"So what museum did you all rob?"
Vance turned his gaze to the source of a voice, which looked to be a metal, walking, talking... dog? He didn't really understand what exactly WAS speaking to him, but he responded with a casual smile. "This is just my pressurized flight suit. U.S. Air Force property for my spaceflight, and I gotta return it when I get back state-side."

Lauren snapped out of her memory based trance, looking up from the table towards the strangely dressed Ayr. What? Here on behalf of my mother? What the hell did mom do? Zadra also gave Yuurei a confused look, as did the others at the table. Especially Roku, the other Ayr at the table. What had happened to lead to this? Zadra slowly nodded. "Uhm...welcome aboard, I guess." said Zadra, glancing to Lauren for a brief moment. "You can sit anywhere." In the next booth, Drav reached over and patted the side of the table opposite of her.

Shortly afterwards, another Ayr approached. Roku recognized him almost instantly. "Hey, you're that Shimizu guy." he said, raising an eyebrow. "Didn't think a terrorist would be looking to join up with a pirate group." Zadra glanced to Roku. "You'd be surprised, really." she said, before looking back to Shun. "We're in need of a navigator, so you've got the job."

Once Shun and Yurrei had moved out of the way, the group got a good look at the rest of the patrons that had entered the bar. And they were far livelier than most. "Odd bunch today." said Zadra, looking about the room at everyone. Lauren had returned to dwelling in her memories, only glancing up at the others when Zadra mentioned them. "Yeah...that one over there looks green as all hell." she remarked, studying the kid that some of the others were talking to. Zadra nodded, shifting a bit in her seat so she could watch everyone. Meanwhile, Roku returned to his tea while Drav relaxed in her booth as comfortably as she could.

The bartender did his job rather promptly, filling the orders of the various new patrons as they came. "So many new people! Guess I should thank Lauren for choosing to host her recruiting drive here." said the bartender as he prepared a few drinks and set them on the bar for those that had asked. Whiskeys, beers, basic stuff as nobody had ordered anything fancy. Not that they did fancy here unless you were willing to pay for that kinda stuff.

Albert was writing furiously into his notebook, having already used half of the ink in his pen. Fortunately for him he had brought plenty of spares in his bag and didn't have to worry about wasting ink. It was truly remarkable to see a man with such an antique bestowed upon him walk literally into his visage. He did hear the bartender speak though, and his words caught Albert's attention. "Uh... did you say recruiting drive? What's going on here?" Albert asked the bartender excitedly.

Yolandi perks up, "Recruiting drive? I was just here to get pissed, get lucky, and go home." Yolandi looks around for the mentioned Lauren and looks at the others, "Did any of you know about this?"

"Recruiting drive... I think that's a sign for a world tour or something." Grommy wagered with a finger on his chiseled chin.

Yuurei simply bowed deeply and went to stand at the side of the booth, Next to Lauren.
As she looked upon Shun, she narrowed her eye in a disgusting manner. She could feel his thoughts, so it was evident he was not a complete machine.

"Kikai-kaa" she communed to him privately while making a series of religious hand gestures with one hand as the other rested on the hilt to one of her daggers.

Machination.

Last edited:
The doctor grabbed the bottle before turning around to leave. "Well unfortunately, this Ms. Lauren must look elsewhere as I have someone to attend to with this bottle. Put this one on the Hellion's account, if you will." he says, as he starts walking back from the bar.

Vulkov drank from the bottle he had wrestled for control over earlier and placed it down. He was ready to hear what other excuse the girl would cough up for herself. So far it's been really funny to him. The other one, she seemed alright. Good for drinking with, but probably wont be a regular patron. Not in this shithole. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed some people having a gander of the patrons. The way they shifted and moved, not interacting. Recruitment drive?

The other patrons piping up about it just confirmed it. It's been years, but he remembers how it goes. Now to see who's the boss they have to impress.

"No clue it was happening, but should have guessed with those bastuni, standing upright and looking around like that." He answered Yolandi
---
Vincent was on his way to the bar to get the drinks when he heard the rumors starting to swell about possible recruitment. Looks like he got lucky with finding a crew. But he would play it low for now. No need to be in a hurry. If there was someone looking for fresh blood, they would make themselves known soon enough.

He waited a bit, seeing the bartender was occupied with the others pestering him.

Olivia was about to say something in retort to the cyborg, before something very... interesting, caught her attention. Dropping the conversation like a sack of spuds, she turned on her heel and made headway towards the bar, leaning over it with elbows planted firmly atop, looking down towards the rest of the patrons.

"Recruiting drive? Sounds like my lucky day. Who's recruiting for what? 'Cause I wanna get a piece of that."

Yolandi looks at Volkov then to the lot in the booths, "Makes sense." She sucks a bit of air through her teeth and turns around, "Bartender, just bring me the bottle of whiskey. I'm gonna need it at this rate."

Shun narrowed his eyes at being called a terrorist, while it was not an unexpected label it was one he wasn't particularly fond of. It was unfortunate that the two Ayr of this crew were so nearby, as he was knew it was typical that his kin would be formal and straightforward about their interest in this task. He would deal with their scorn for now, but they shall be the first to witness just what his augmentations and abilities can achieve. Still, it was odd that this Yuurei was dressed in this highly traditional manner. Was she some kind of envoy from the Empire? Unlikely, considering just how... rough these people and the sector they were in was.

"A terrorist to the close-minded perhaps, but my ambitions are for mutual success and growth. Regardless, I thank you for the opportunity." he defends simply. Upon receiving her telepathic message he turned his head toward her, mind and scanning equipment probing her thoroughly.

"Blind." was transmitted right to her in their native tongue.

"Oh, yeah. Lauren Blackwell. See the girl over there with the blue hair?" said the bartender, pointing her group out in their booth across the room. "I'm sure you've heard of Blackwell's Reavers, right? Ran into some trouble about a month ago. Ol' 'Red Skull' Slade Beckwith helped 'em out, and now they're startin' fresh with Lauren at the helm." He handed Yolandi the bottle of whiskey, before picking up a used glass and beginning to clean it. "Go talk to her if you wanna join up. She needs the manpower."

Zadra noticed that the bartender was pointing them out now, and looked to Lauren. "Look alive, Blue, we might have a lot more recruits." she said, forcing Lauren to look up from the table again towards the bar. Well shit, Davidson, you're just gonna dump everyone on us all at once?

"Do you think they will make us fight each other or just hire us right out the gate and see who's left standing by the end of the week?" Vulkov casually asked as if he wanted to know the weather for tomorrow.

Grommy and Nara turned to the Blackwell group. Nara brightened her whiskers, "You'd think they'll just let us in just like that?" The Lythian asked to her friend.

"Well, what else are you going to do with all these people going around?" Grommy headed in on there to the group and waved.

"Hello Ma'am, my name is Grommy and I'd like to join in your group. The Blackwell Reavers. If you don't want me in, I suppose that's alright."

Yolandi glances over her shoulder as she uncaps the bottle given to her, "If she's this hard up for blood to fill her ranks, I don't think she can afford my rates." Yolandi grunts then takes a swig, the once jovial mood turning sour fast, she doesn't like being roped into things unexpectedly.

Yuurei looked up at the cyborg, her eyes still narrowed. She placed her other hand upon the other dagger, remaining in a attentative stance.
"[It is not for me to judge your actions, but your ancestors of your house surely look upon you in shame.]"

Slade Beckwith.

That name made the doctor freeze. Not an inch of movement comes from him for an eternity as that name ringed in his ears. Slowly, he turns to the bartender and again asks calmly.

"Slade Beckwith, you say?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back