• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Starhunter OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
*Deivyd literally staring at the horse he rode in on.* "I literally cannot walk in, you have to open the door for me. That is my curse. I'll even drop the no detection shield that doesn't exist in the first place for you"

Though uh, you never really explained the standing stones mechanics to me... are they like a forcefield around the estate that repels evil forces or something else entirely? Preventing them from entering a certain radius? As I want things to make more sense rather than be as... eh. Because I'm gonna say right now, Deivyd's probably not gonna be powerful enough to evade detection let alone defenses the more thought I give. When characters as inexperienced with magick as Aleixandrea (Who is incapable of using magick in the first place) can smell him from a mile away, then he shouldn't be evading the stones.

Not to mention, the strongest thing about his character is his broken regeneration and the one attack he consistently uses (Funky lightning move). Sure everyone is practically a millennia his junior, but he's not knowledgeable on everything either, he doesn't have training under a group of powerful magick users like Pollyanna does. He can't teleport (If he could, he would've gotten Pollyanna by now) and now that I think about it, what I'm doing doesn't make sense, Pollyanna has it to where he can't track her as easily.

Alternatively, what we can do is have one of "Deivyd's drones" appear, which'd basically just be something like a flock of Mourning Doves flying over, looking at the group, leaving, and then report back to Deivyd, as that makes the most sense (No they're not magickally linked to him nor do the Doves have any understanding of what they're doing. Treat it as if they're naturally appearing and doing bird things). We can pull off the same plot later, as I realized that kind of setup is needed and I'd rather keep the slice of life a bit longer. Maybe we can pull this off after Ehlijah and co. arrive.

I believe we should rewind if that's good with you. This isn't really the direction I wanna go in, I apologize for having third thoughts once again. (Save the post though, may come in handy l8r)
Yeah the standing stones do a couple of things. Its not like a literal physical forcefield against evil. Its more like an aura. Like how in supernatural/horror theres often places you get a "bad feeling" just by walking in. The hairs on your legs stand up, you get a chill down your spine, and people who are particularly cowardly wont even be able to enter on their own will. This is kind of the opposite effect. Low level monsters will be too "scared" to even enter. Even someone like Rythe would feel a little uneasy approaching the manor.

It also projects a psychic field. This not only acts as psychic "bistatic radar" that amplifies their ability to detect cloaked individuals and spiritual presences but it's also a shroud that deters magical tracking. People trying to find the place will get confused looking for it, and people that find it and then leave (that aren't aligned) will struggle to remember its location and the details of what it looks like. IMO this is where you're punching a plot hole unless you can explain some level 999 teleportation/cloaking/tracking ability.

It also interdicts any form of apparition, astral projection or teleportation that isn't based in the rune in the basement.

Finally it abates Endtropy's subtle corrupting effect. Like how the plants inside were doing better than the ones outside, and how Pyt commented that the mouse would probably get better if he lived inside the standing stones. This also applies to that mental side of things. Since Endtropy is partially "the dark voice inside your head", that will be greatly subdued where outside the circle.

But yeah. I thought you had learned your lesson about having overpowered villains randomly show up in "safe" locations with no buildup. (What do you think is going to happen? He shows up, acts scary at the door and then leaves everyone just keeps eating a but is now little scared and promises to do something about it later? You can't just have a serious villain presumably out for blood just show up at the safest place left on the planet, bypassing their defenses and expect them to react with anything less than all the biggest guns being brought to bear; while everyone else gets the hell out of dodge. There is a reason I took that scene out of the OG nightmare hunter. That is not how you write an antagonistic force in an action series.) We could backtrack, or just rewrite the scene to say he was spotted coming up the drive when he passed through the standing stones; as basically the exact same scene would play out and they would withdraw from the manor. They might perceive him as less of a threat; potentially someone they could take, which could be saucy and potentially get us our first real action scene. Or we can just rewrite it.

Yeah the standing stones do a couple of things. Its not like a literal physical forcefield against evil. Its more like an aura. Like how in supernatural/horror theres often places you get a "bad feeling" just by walking in. The hairs on your legs stand up, you get a chill down your spine, and people who are particularly cowardly wont even be able to enter on their own will. This is kind of the opposite effect. Low level monsters will be too "scared" to even enter. Even someone like Rythe would feel a little uneasy approaching the manor.

It also projects a psychic field. This not only acts as psychic "bistatic radar" that amplifies their ability to detect cloaked individuals and spiritual presences but it's also a shroud that deters magical tracking. People trying to find the place will get confused looking for it, and people that find it and then leave (that aren't aligned) will struggle to remember its location and the details of what it looks like. IMO this is where you're punching a plot hole unless you can explain some level 999 teleportation/cloaking/tracking ability.

It also interdicts any form of apparition, astral projection or teleportation that isn't based in the rune in the basement.

Finally it abates Endtropy's subtle corrupting effect. Like how the plants inside were doing better than the ones outside, and how Pyt commented that the mouse would probably get better if he lived inside the standing stones. This also applies to that mental side of things. Since Endtropy is partially "the dark voice inside your head", that will be greatly subdued where outside the circle.

But yeah. I thought you had learned your lesson about having overpowered villains randomly show up in "safe" locations with no buildup. (What do you think is going to happen? He shows up, acts scary at the door and then leaves everyone just keeps eating a but is now little scared and promises to do something about it later? You can't just have a serious villain presumably out for blood just show up at the safest place left on the planet, bypassing their defenses and expect them to react with anything less than all the biggest guns being brought to bear; while everyone else gets the hell out of dodge. There is a reason I took that scene out of the OG nightmare hunter. That is not how you write an antagonistic force in an action series.) We could backtrack, or just rewrite the scene to say he was spotted coming up the drive when he passed through the standing stones; as basically the exact same scene would play out and they would withdraw from the manor. They might perceive him as less of a threat; potentially someone they could take, which could be saucy and potentially get us our first real action scene. Or we can just rewrite it.

I mean between all the previous buildup when we were discussing someone such as either Deivyd or Rythe showing up, you also didn't remind me in the moment of "what happened last time" and given I'm quite the forgetful idiot sometimes, that probably would have helped prevent this again, so I apologize. Though you might've said something and I either A) didn't hear it or B) didn't remember it, so all in all, communication issues, it happens sometimes, and that's perfectly fine... I just blundered again that's all.

I'd say we should backtrack for now and do as I suggested, maybe after the Watchers appear and that arc is settled, we can see Deivyd waltz up with a small person army (Like some folks turned into mindless ghouls and vampire spawn), get a saucy action scene as a result, and then have the group be forced to retreat elsewhere. Besides I'd rather have him be watching through the other means, that being through the eyes of his animals, as it's an aspect I came up with but have yet to fully play with outside of PF. It's a subtle buildup and works better for introducing him as an antagonistic force imho. At the point when he does appear, we could start out with his detection at the drive just so that idea doesn't go to waste.

TLDR, I wanna backtrack, so when you're ready, toss your recent post somewhere safe for use later on and I'll rewrite my last one before that, all it is is removing Deivyd's arrival to the Estate (Though I will very likely have him end up in Chespakay though, probably under a disguise. Just so he is presently around, just getting ready for his attack and all, though that might take a few in-universe days to possibly some weeks. I say that as a maybe, he might not idk yet) In the meantime l'll have a flock of doves appear and the magick tricks resume.

Also after the dinner and presumably when everyone heads to sleep, want to smash cut to Rythe meeting the Watchers and inviting them for a totally not brainwashing banquet dinner?

Would I be safe to presume that there are some form of woods at least 10 to 20 miles away far from the Estate/general populated area?

I mean between all the previous buildup when we were discussing someone such as either Deivyd or Rythe showing up, you also didn't remind me in the moment of "what happened last time" and given I'm quite the forgetful idiot sometimes, that probably would have helped prevent this again, so I apologize. Though you might've said something and I either A) didn't hear it or B) didn't remember it, so all in all, communication issues, it happens sometimes, and that's perfectly fine... I just blundered again that's all.

I'd say we should backtrack for now and do as I suggested, maybe after the Watchers appear and that arc is settled, we can see Deivyd waltz up with a small person army (Like some folks turned into mindless ghouls and vampire spawn), get a saucy action scene as a result, and then have the group be forced to retreat elsewhere. Besides I'd rather have him be watching through the other means, that being through the eyes of his animals, as it's an aspect I came up with but have yet to fully play with outside of PF. It's a subtle buildup and works better for introducing him as an antagonistic force imho. At the point when he does appear, we could start out with his detection at the drive just so that idea doesn't go to waste.

TLDR, I wanna backtrack, so when you're ready, toss your recent post somewhere safe for use later on and I'll rewrite my last one before that, all it is is removing Deivyd's arrival to the Estate (Though I will very likely have him end up in Chespakay though, probably under a disguise. Just so he is presently around, just getting ready for his attack and all, though that might take a few in-universe days to possibly some weeks. I say that as a maybe, he might not idk yet) In the meantime l'll have a flock of doves appear and the magick tricks resume.

Also after the dinner and presumably when everyone heads to sleep, want to smash cut to Rythe meeting the Watchers and inviting them for a totally not brainwashing banquet dinner?
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 2.32.22 PM.png

Righty, and yeah sounds like a good plan. We have dinner, maybe hang out with the hunters a bit more then cut to the dinner with the arcadians. I'd totes be down to RP some randys in Chespakay. He could have a run in with the Sanguines or something. Whatever you want to do is fine with me.

Also the capabilities of the standing stones are in the lore thread.

Also also made a character thread. All the threads are linked at the top of the webpage.

Would I be safe to presume that there are some form of woods at least 10 to 20 miles away far from the Estate/general populated area?
Yeah. Its like woods and low-rise mountains covered in forest. Also some flatter areas have farmland and small crappy towns.

This is all very good, thanks. New post is going to go up now, fixed a whole load of stuff, and added a more fleshed out intro to "Deivyd's characterization"

Alright. By this point in the story Alduir is just 9999999999999999% done dealing with unprovoked emotional breakdowns and tragic backstories.

Also I started my new job expect me to be very sparse from here on out.

Alright. By this point in the story Alduir is just 9999999999999999% done dealing with unprovoked emotional breakdowns and tragic backstories.

Also I started my new job expect me to be very sparse from here on out.
Yeah. That's it how do be. Though expect this to be the only time she genuinely breaks like this, ever. Pollyanna's far from the most mentally unstable character, in fact she is perhaps one of the most stable, even if she acts aloof and blindly happy all too often. However, probably between the alcohol and sudden build up what with the fact this is the first time "she's been truly happy" in a lonnnnnng time. Yeah. It was an accident waiting to happen. Not to mention, Loreons are a rather temperamental species, so this was fueled in part by how their psychology works.

Luckily though, I have ideas on how she plans to make up to the other hunters, first is her getting up early and fixing food for the group, spending the next few nights just knitting stuff for them, what with overall trying to show she feels bad. Though we'll see that occurring over time.

Other than that, post'd.

Awesome post dude.

Would you be down for the next little bitty arc being Alduir offering to take Polly into a dream realm to confront a projection Deyvid alongside the hunters to help ease her mind. If yes, drop a brief description of what you imagine Polly's soul to be like and write a breif dialogue response to Alduir proposing such an idea; so that I can copy-paste it into my post and we can move this bby along.

Hell yeah. As for how her soul would look, probably just a faint lavender-white outline of herself and as for the dialogue:

"Yeah sure." She nods.

Last edited:
Lmao RIP.

This farmer guy is about to be a massive RIP as well. Deivyd's gonna drain, kill, and turn him into a mindless ghoul under his control rather than a vampyre. My bois about to lose some good weight and become extra pasty in the process.

Hes a throwaway character I dont care. If we did do that route we were going to go to a scene where we went to his house and fed on his wife and the lawyer she was cheating with.

Well, luckily Deivyd is a memory drinker, so we'll still be getting that scene even if it isn't the exact farmer feeding on his wife.

Tommorow when we do the actual fighting I will see if I can muster the enrgy to draw what Robo Raiahs look leik. I need them for the comic anyways.

Just so you are aware, I am still alive. I want to get the Robo Raiah sheet done before we start this fight which means I want to get the Robo-Raiah art done. And I had to do an overcomplicated detailed endoskeleton both because I need it for the Rythe comic when he tears these things apart and I draw the robo-gore; and because I want to have some scenes where she works on these things canonically.

robo raiah ref.png

Oooooo. Yeah I'm not honestly feeling it atm, my motivation is dying again since I lost a whole bunch of lore notes on my phone, a years worth. But take all the take you need my guy.

Oooooo. Yeah I'm not honestly feeling it atm, my motivation is dying again since I lost a whole bunch of lore notes on my phone, a years worth. But take all the take you need my guy.
If theres one thing I've learned from GARP deleting its "back up your stuff"

How strong are the undead in his army? It sounds like theres quite a lot of them if a mass of them is able to reach robots flying several stories above.

Also permission to get them out of the mass and murderize some of these dudes barring they aren't stronger than I'm thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back