• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

JadeGreen17

Chimeric Spirit
Prologue

Mozo’s End

It was ten till the witching hour, the moonlight peeking through the treetops. The tranquilizing silence had been broken by the galloping of a hundred dead steeds speeding through the twisted undergrowth; twigs snapped as a woman wearing a long white cloak ran through the woods. She ran far, farther than she should have, however it was too late. They, no, "he" knew of this world now, there was no turning back, the woman was no longer safe. Histories and fates soon intertwine for the first time in forever in a new continuity.

The woman's heart thumped faster and faster as the horde caught up to her. She picked around with grey-blue eyes, catching a glimpse of the man at the front leading the charge right before her cloak was caught against a branch and she came down tumbling flat onto her gut. "It's over now, Pollyanna. I will have those memories." The man stated bluntly as the woman turned over, meeting the gaze of violet eyes. She gasped for air, and began slowly reaching for a stone.

"I'd much rather die than let you take a bite out of me Deivyd. Just leave me be you repulsive monster!" Pollyanna wailed out as she threw the stone directly into Deivyd's unflinching face before stumbling up and running off. Deivyd frowned. "Fine, I'll let you go this time, but know I will have my way even if it means burning both our world and this one down you stubborn pig!" He yelled out at Pollyanna who begun to fade away into the obscuring mists of the new world, the world of the Nightmare Hunters.

. . .

Jade’s End
The entire room seemed to sway and shake. Warm golden sunlight shining in through the blinds. The walls were covered in charms, clippings, and photographs. A frankly obscene number of dreamcatchers adorned the wall at the foot of the bed, red gemstones dangling from beneath them into the sunlight as they headed west. The room had a slight musk and the blankets were well worn.

"So she's an alien?"

"In a sense, yes. More-so an inadvertent visitor from another reality."

There was a quiet clink. The smell of tar and tobacco would grow more prominent.

"We have a duty. Not just to protect this world. But to serve as a representative to such supernatural events as visitors from outside our reality. It would not be the first time individuals came and went from this earth. Bridges and portals are abound, though many lay inactive. Severed to prevent conduits for Endtropy to seep into other realities. It's been a long while since we've had a visitor; and her dreaming mind... is tumultuous and I do not dare toy with something I do not understand. She may well command power comparable or even superior to my own... It is difficult to quantify. I got her name... Pollyanna cross... but little else."

"If that's the case she could be dangerous."

"I think not. I saw her impact on the timestream... and I believe she could be of a benefit. It was better than leaving her to be eaten alive in her sleep by that snallygaster."

Mozo’s End
"Fields of flowers bathed in sunlight. What a time, when we'd sing and dance around the fire, lightning bugs lighting the air like a million little lanterns. I miss those times when I felt alive." Pollyanna dreamed of her bygone days, from the day she fell in love with her beloved Maxyll after dressing his wounds, to the birth of her children and the times they spent together. The smile she had across her face as she awoke from her slumber soon turned to adequate confusion amidst the bustling RV. Before she spoke up, Pollyanna swept her arm across her cat-like sleep deprived eyes, wiping away all the crust.

"Where the... What... Where am I?!" Pollyanna jumped up out of her bed, clearly concerned yet curious as to why she was in this dirty mobile home cluttered with so much trash and dreamcatchers abound. "Hey you three! Big guy! Red Head! Buns! Three questions. Who are you? Where am I? Why am I here? What do you plan to do with me? And most importantly, why is this RV so stinking dirty? Don't you know how to clean up after ya selves?" Pollyanna unleashed a barrage of questions as she stumbled forward towards the driver's seat up front. She clearly wasn't the most well balanced yet and soon took a tumble, bumping her head against a wall.

"I'm fine!" She took a moment to recuperate. (edited)

Jade’s End
"You need to calm down" Alduir spoke sternly, placing a hand on her shoulder to keep her seated on the bed. His words carried a weight to them, laced with his supernatural abilities. His stern tone seemed to force everyone in the room to become calm, an irrefutable order. "Sit down... take it slow. Hanai is not the best driver. We're not going to hurt you. Would you like one to help calm your nerves?"

Alduir produced a small packet of black death cigarillos. On the package a cartoon plague doctor with a tophat and a scythe grimaced at her.

Another car shot by outside, a rusty red pickup with a broken muffler and three dozen terrified chickens in the back shot past. The driver of the RV laid into the horn before rolling down the window. A Shrill but astute voice cut through the roar of the outside wind like a hot knife through butter.

"HEY YOU DICK-SUCKING ASSHOLE! I'M GOING TEN OVER AND YOU PASSED ME YOU FOOKING MORON! OH DONT GIVE ME THE FINGER YOU FATASS REDNECK! RGHH!"

The driver let out a snort before rolling up the window and carrying on.

Mozo’s End
Pollyanna picked herself up off the ground, slipping her turtleneck back on. "Ah-nah. I don't do smoke sticks, though I do appreciate the hospitality." She glared at Alduir, her pale blue eyes illuminating with a tinge of glistening cyan as she attempted to get a read on the fellow Esper before her. There were no results to be had. "Peculiar, is he a null?" She thought to herself. This was perplexing to Pollyanna, but given so far they have yet to do anything to hurt her and instead chose to pluck her off the ground and dress her wounds, she felt like she could trust them somewhat.

"That's some road rage!" Her thoughts were soon disturbed as Hanai flipped out, scaring her jumpy self shitless even further. "For the love of the idols... is this Hanai always like this?" Pollyanna turned to Alduir with a clearly concerned expression. She casually glanced around the round, picking up one of the dreamcatchers and glaring deeply into the pretty red gemstone in it's interwoven center.

Jade’s End
"No." Raiah said flatly. "She's actually unusually calm today." She chuckled and snickered, clearly finding her quip funnier than anyone else... "Wait... you're a psychic too? You're a psychic. Wendy's a psychic. Pyt’s a psychic. Psychic overload."

"Perhaps you'd like some of this instead?" Alduir proposed, bringing up a large unopened bottle of Captian Ishamel's Ale.

"Alright so I guess I'll explain everything." She began counting on her fingers. "I'm Raiah Marie Hexos. This is Alduir Alfred Ayuantu. Up front is Hanai Idontknowhermiddlename Khyagusa. We are the Nightmare Hunters. We fight monsters and are trying to save teh world blah blah blah. You traveled through dimensions and you're in the back of an RV. I don't know why is anyone here? We're just taking you back to my house. And this RV is mostly dirty because my tummeh gets empty and I like to have us stop and get gas station snacks, and Alduir smokes about a pack of those things everyday. Does that answer all your questions."

As she would study the dreamcatcher, Alduir took it back and hung it on the wall. In the moment she did, a blackened skull lunged up, seemingly encased in a reflection of the crystal. Trying to lunge out at her, it struck the barrier and swung the crystal quite violently.

"Uhm... best leave that on the back wall where it can get continuous sunlight. These things are a bitch to make so we've got to make the most of them..."

Mozo’s End
"Heheh. Yeah, I'm what you call a Psychic and what my people call "an Esper" Pollyanna was unphased by the creature in the crystal, more curious as to its origins and whatnot. When Alduir snatched it away, she simply nodded, affirming she would follow along with her request. Pollyanna gave a smile towards Alduir as she gladly accepted the Ale, promptly opening, and drinking it as she continued her side of the conversation.

"That answers all of them so far... Thanks Raiah. Though I must ask..." Her stomach growled. "My tum is a little pale from all this getting beaten and bruised, got anything to eat? Like some freshwater locktail gulper and country rye chips with a dipping of nightshade jelly and a single wisteria leaf to the side? If not, we could always take a stop, as I'd be glad to forage around for a bit." She inquired, curiously eyeing the book titled "Greg and George the Gunslingers" before picking it up and skimming the contents. She gave a surprised gulp after flipping to a random page, her flushed cheeks turning a peculiar shade of purple rather than red. "Oh dear, this is... something." She thought to herself. (edited)

Jade’s End
"We're kind of at the tail end of our journey here. I got some cookie factory cookies..." Hold on.

"I have the entire collection." Alduir said somewhere between deadpan and proud, opening a cupboard revealing about a hundred books including an entire series of illustrated graphic novels.

Raiah returned with a large cardboard box labeled "Wanda's cookies". Opening it to reveal about four dozen large chocolate chip cookies.

"We are... if you will pardon my language" Alduir adjusted his cigarillo. "in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. We'll be arriving at Red River in about an hour and we can have something more nourishing there. In the meantime you had best get your rest..." (edited)

Mozo’s End
"Oh... Might give this more of a... what's the word... "read" later on." Her face was completely purple after having barely read the first book for more than a few minutes. It was quite exhilarating to the point she had to smack herself out of it before finally turning over to Raiah and grabbing a cookie.

"Pardoned." She said before biting into the cookie to which immediately the nature of processed food didn't set well with Pollyanna. The taste was certainly sweet however, to her it was greatly outweighed by a strong chemical taste, one which she had to urge against vomiting from. Polly sniffled before scarfing the whole thing down fast as she could out of the respect for Raiah's hospitality, chasing the cookie down with her Ale before the taste really got to her; she cleared her throat before finally taking a seat on the rather "comforting" bed she was given.

"So, you're an Esper too, huh Alduir. Do you happen to know what an oneiromancer is by any chance?" Pollyanna asked him curiously. Wanting to get to know her new acquaintance a bit more.

Jade’s End
"Oneiromancer..." He took a drag on his cigarillo, puffing out a thick billowing cloud of toxic nicotine-laced smoke. His posture relaxed slightly, as he picked up the bottle of ale and took a swig, taking no issue with the fact she had drank from the bottle previously. "Yes, I'm quite familiar with the term. Is that what you intend to tell me you are...?"
September 30, 2021

Mozo’s End
"Yeah. I was born with an affinity for psionics, ended up developing my oneiromancy as to help deal with my narcolepsy. Honestly, who would've thought it would come in handy after all these years. My bacon has been saved on more than one occasion. Haha." Pollyanna gaved an amused chuckle before taking a swig from the bottle immediately after Alduir, not caring either.

"Anyways, What kin- Oh for the love of-" Pollyanna began to hack and heave, rocking back and forth before tossing up what remained of the cookie out like a cat and a hairball on the most expensive carpet in the RV. "The Idols... A... pologies Rai. I couldn't handle the cookie at all... Too, processed for my own gut to handle." She looked awfully disappointed, letting Raiah's hospitality go to waste like that. (edited)

Jade’s End
Alduir had preemptively acquired a vomit bag for her to use instead of the floor. After all these days he at least made some effort to keep the place clean.

"No big." Raiah returned with a shrug. "More for me..." She turned away and mouthed. "Great not another Taeo..."

"So..." Alduir continued, finishing his cigarillo and stubbing it out in an ashtray. "You were meaning to ask what kind of psychic I am, I don't need my powers to know that." He paused, massaging his jaw for a moment before presuming he trusted her enough to know. After all she was going to be an associate of the hunters she deserved their trust. "I am the prime psion... at leat in this reality. I draw my powers from Ateria... the second-highest of the chakra spirits. She is the spiritual guide to my eternal soul, providing insight, influence and vision well beyond that of a mortal man."

Mozo’s End
"Thanks and I apologize once again. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten it despite the hospitality. Given I am rather allergic to chocolate, and my own people don't consume many "processed" foods. So I'm not quite used to it. Also, who's Taeo Anyways..?" She casually picked up the ball of gunk with her kinesis and floated it straight into the bag then set it aside without a second thought before turning back to Alduir.

"So, a Diviner as we call them. Someone who peers into the past, present, and future for information with the guidance of an idol or spirit of some kind. Interesting to say the least." She commented. "Though I am curious about a couple other things, first you happen to know where my necklace is? Same with the rest of my belongings. And secondly, mind telling me a bit about this "Red River" we're going to at all?" Pollyanna inquired, lying down on her side as she yawned. (edited)

Jade’s End
"Your necklace..." Alduir glanced at the nightstand where it was on top of her shoes and other belongings. "I would honestly think it would be best if you save your energy, and both of your questions will be answered soon enough. No sense in explaining when we'll be going to Red River and you'll get a chance to meet Taeo yourself..."

Mozo’s End
"Oh I was just wanting to know what it's like there, but that's perfectly fair. The name is, similar if not a little similar to a place in my people's beliefs, Mitheos. The Rusty River I'm familiar with is a long winding river of molten copper in which the Idol of Death Crysta ferries the souls of the dead to their "Serenity" through. Really hope I'm not actually dead and your driver isn't Crysta in disguise." She gave a slightly awkward chuckle as a clearly awkward silence was falling upon the room.

"Anyway... I'll try and get some rest, I only wanted to know where my stuff was, and I like to keep my necklace on me." Pollyanna grabbed her necklace and as she placed it back on, the half she had of the Heartstone began to pulse with a faint pink light. "Oh dear. I think he's almost here..!" It beat like Pollyanna's now pumping heart; As she stood up in anticipation, it stopped, and so did she. "Already nap time huh?" Pollyanna said before immediately falling over unconscious due to her narcolepsy kicking in all of a sudden. (edited)

Jade’s End
"Hey. Hey lazy lady! Wake up." Raiah ordered, poking her in the cheek with a metal finger. "Come up front. You want to see what Red River looks like? Well we're almost there." (edited)

Mozo’s End
"Uhhh... So cold... I hate the season of intimacy so much..." Pollyanna woke back up, stumbling to her feet, tired as ever. "Hey Rai." She smiled, placing the palm of her hand on her forehead to shade her own two photosensitive eyes from the cruel rays of the sun as she stared out the window. They were taking a moment to adjust, her pupils thinning out into small slits.

"Huh... So it's not made of molten copper and covered in rusty metal trees... Least I'm not actually dead." She sighed in relief. The smog of industrial society wasn't as brutal on her eyes unlike the sun, all thanks to a secondary set of transparent eyelids like that of a cold blooded lizard, she was fine in terms of vision but still groggy as all hell. Pollyanna was quite enthralled at the new world despite it's rather rundown scenery and bleak look, she still spent her time gazing out the window taking it all in.

"So. I had another dream, in it I think I saw my son at the doorsteps of a big house. Us four were at least there, I just don't know about the others... they're all too blurry but I can vaguely remember a girl. No, a boy perhaps? With some kind of ponytail, who looked a bit like Hanai. Then there was an older gentleman clad in white and with a pale complexion. In total there were around twelve folks around and I just don't know the rest." Pollyanna seemed concerned, as if she had a bad feeling about all this.

Jade’s End
"Yep. No. I had a dream too, but nobody ever wants to hear about my dreams. In my dream dark laser from Space Fights and Tighten from the comics got into a hotdog eating contest... but the hotdogs were really REALLY long like three or four feet. The both got really fat and then put on girdles so they could look skinny but all the fatness just went into their butts instead. Then Alduir came in wearing a bright sea foam ball gown with rockets in it and started flying around doing polka dances and there was a really long wiener dog with like ten legs..."

The RV passed up through the town which was disappointingly mundane. Primordial mountains with shallow slopes dotted in trees still gaining cradled the settlement. Fog and overcast clouds seemed to linger, twisting in a perpetual state of turbulence which resulted in a light drizzle. A majority of the town was two or three story brick buildings, with a single arch-complex overlooking the town square. The great building appeared to be little more than a haphazard complex of cramped apartments from the spare glances they could make into the windows. The famous "red river" is a disappointing trickle of foul smelling muddy brownish red meltwater.

The town gave way to a winding gravel road leading up the mountain. The forest transitioned from deciduous trees to spruce before they arrived at a manor. It looked to be fairly new construction. Some bastardization of art deco and gothic architecture, with a bit of medieval fortification thrown in for good measure. The long drive up to the manor lined on either side with willow trees and nightshade bushes, and a great circular window overlooking the grand entrance, had iron panes giving it the appearance of a dreamcatcher. The manor was formidable, three or four stories in height; but also wide and sturdy with a large stone foundation.

Hanai negotiated the RV into an underground garage concealed by a mechanical ramp blended seamlessly into the side. Arriving in a room lined in cinder blocks and lit by caged bulbs with tools and scrap metal scattered about.

"Home sweet home." Hanai remarked sarcastically, before rising from her seat and opening the door.

A tall man with dark brown skin and a formal demeanor greeted the two with a bow.

"Mr Ayuantu... Ms Khyagusa... Ah... Madame Hexos. Good to have the lady of the house back at last. I see you have brought back a guest. I am Isaac Brown, at your service. You need anything, I will be happy to help."

He paused. Not understanding in the slightest. The butler broke from his posthumous demeanor for a moment to exchange a convoluted series of fist bumps and hand slaps with Raiah. smiling warmly before reverting back to his formal demeanor and getting a mechanics apron hung neatly by the door to tune up the RV.

"This is Pollyanna. Alduir said she's from another universe and we need to help her."

He paused for a moment at the absurdity of what he'd been told.

"Quite right then. Pleasure to meet you Madame Pollyanna." (edited)

Mozo’s End
"Welp they do say that all dreams have some kind of a meaning where I'm from, even if they're utter nonsense." She chuckled at Raiah's ludicrous dream before finally getting up, she threw on what remained of her clothes that being corset, socks, and slippers before finally slinging the white cloak she had across her shoulders. Pollyanna rummaged through her bag checking to make sure nothing had gone missing on the journey.

In it she found what appeared to be a rod made of petrified wood but upon pulling it out and flicking a switch, the rod through an unknown source of magickal alchemy was shifted into a naginata-like polearm with an enchanted gold blade. "Blades here." She folded it up and clipped it to the side of her belt before peaking back inside her bag once again. This time she pulled out a small container of mistletoe berries which she gladly indulged, plucking a few as a passerby snack before finally stashing what remained away.

"Alright, time to meet some faces it seems." She stepped out of the RV and onto the ground. Pollyanna's heels clicking on the cinder block floor, stretching her arms high up into the air. Both her eyes widened to accommodate for the dimly lit room, they looked almost completely human now and just as wide. "Greetings, it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Mr. Isaac. Feel free to call me Mrs. Polly, I am still somewhat a lovely wedded woman after all." Pollyanna bowed at Isaac out of respect.

"I must say, Mr. Isaac that I do like your suit. I have a passion for fashion, so I think it's quite nicely did." She did a pointing flick towards the air followed by a small click in the cheek, a simple gesture of respect in Loreon Culture. "And yes, I am from another world, one aptly named "Chrome." The spaded end of Polly's tail poked out from under her skirt. It was clearly visible to those who squinted well enough. Or in the case of the other psychic in the room, it was fully visible. (edited)

Jade’s End
"I'm going to bake up a pizza." Raiah commented. "And I'm going to use the fancy all-natural ingredients so she can actually keep it down. Come catch up with me when you're done having a look around."

Raiah ran up the stairwell, her mechanical legs giving a loud report as she did. Hanai followed after her.

"Ah..." Isaac pulled up his apron. "Thank you very much. It is custom tailored by the finest seamstress this side of Appalachia. Madame Hexos... pays me... extravagantly well. I shall be sure to pass on your compliments."

Nobody noticed the tail at first, save for perhaps Alduir and Shadow. In the moody lighting the black cat padded up, weaving between buckets of tools and scrap metal eying the spade of the tail like prey. He silently pounced, gripping into it with two sets of claws before biting down just before the space as hard as he could. (edited)

Mozo’s End
"You're welcome Isaac." She said with another bow before beginning to move her way forward. Until suddenly she let out a small whimper which soon turned to a scream of absolute pain and agony.

"oH LEh Shi- i MeAn Fu- nO FiDDLe StICkS!" Pollyanna screamed as soon as Shadow pounced onto her spazzing tail which flew right out from under her long skirt, parting like the red sea for all to see in its full glory before being swept off her feet and sent crashing down on her rear end. "Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." Pollyanna lied there dazed and out of commission for a few minutes as she attempted to recover from being bitten in such a sensitive spot. (edited)

Jade’s End
The large black cat scrambled away, retreating into the storage corner with his tail fluffed at the sudden rise in noise. He had been too stupid to differentiate between the woman dangling a toy and a part of her body.

"Ah..." The butler dropped a large wrench which hit the floor. "Mrs. Pollyanna. Are you alright? What happened? You have a tail. You have a tail...?" He paused for a moment, mentally ranking it amidst all the other bizzare things he had seen in his time as a server. "Quite right then."

Mozo’s End
"Ugh yeah... I'm alright, just a little dazed and hurt. What even got ahold of my tail anyways?" Pollyanna plucked herself up off the ground and began to adjust her skirt, opening up a small velcro shut hole in the back and slipping her tail through, allowing it to wriggle around in fresh air. "May an idol save me now from the amount of bandies I gotta glue to my body as of late." She examined her tail, the spade had a pairing set of bite and claw marks in it and was leaking out a red blood with a slight orange tint to it.

"Yeah, I'm surprised you're surprised. Guess the fact I'm what you folks might call an alien has yet to fully sink in, huh? More accurately, I'm a Loreon though." She let out a puff of air from the stinging as she applied a weird yellow-tinted white gel with a mint scent followed by an x-shaped band-aide to her trivially small wound. Pollyanna sighed, staring at Alduir and Isaac, back hunched over, arms limb and hanging with a speechless expression. Her tail wiggled around, high up in the air.

Jade’s End
"Apologies... It was Shadow. Khy's cat."

He turned his gaze to the pile of boxes as he lit up another cigarillo. The black cat poked his head out, two reflective eyes shimmering in the moody lighting. Alduir lowered his spectacles, his eyes shimmering violet and glowing ever so slightly.

"Shadow, go upstairs. Raiah is making pizza, she will give you some shredded cheese."

The cat's tail shot up as he excitedly galloped up the wooden stairs stairs.

"Perhaps a tour of the estate is in order." Alduir gestured for her to follow. "You'll be staying with us until... we decide on your more permanent solution to the predicament of you having transited realities. I must confess you have been taking this in fairly good stride, all things considered. I presume supernatural occurrences such as this are not unusual for you..."

Alduir led her upstairs. Into the downstairs library A purple fire burned in the place; photographs of a bald man adorned the mantle surrounded it lit candles bearing similar amethyst fires. At the center a large urn.

"The the late..." Alduir took a long drag. He flinched, removing his glasses and his cigarillo as though this was exceptionally difficult for him. Tears began to well up in his eyes as he spoke between sobs. "great... Marcus hexos." He took a very deep breath. Letting out a sigh before recomposing himself, mouthing further words silently.

Mozo’s End
"He's cute but deadly, that's for certain." She smiled watching Shadow gallop onto the stairs and inside.

"I'd be glad to take a tour... and yeah, I'm used to it. Although I never did deal with the supernatural quite as much as my beloved Maxyll did. But alas when you're running from what may as well be the king of all monsters, you have little choice in the matter... So to speak I've fought a fair few up until this point. Not to mention, where I'm from, things like ghosts and ghouls are a common occurrence back on Chrome, everyone there knows of the supernatural in one way or another. Hell, the basics of the occult is taught to the newer generations nowadays." She stated as the two of them headed up stairs and into the downstairs library.

The violet flames while something not unnatural to her folks were lovely to look at. She took a stride around the room, examining the books on the shelves until she read not a story but the room. Pollyanna's almost motherly instincts kicked in and she went over to comfort Alduir. Despite her young looks, Alduir was only about a third of her age anyways.

"Hey, big shot..." She gave Alduir a pat on the back. Opening her mind up by just enough of a nudge so that the big guy may feel her empathy pour out. Pollyanna as a psychic like Alduir was sensitive, understanding emotions on a much deeper, more metaphysical level. The immense grief and guilt ran a course through her body, intensifying within the mind, and expanding deep within the spirit. Pollyanna stood there in silence as long as Alduir stood there, her eyes gazing at the memorabilia of the late Marcus Hexos. (edited)

Jade’s End
If Pollyanna were exceptionally perceptive she would pick up on an unusual emotion. Overwhelming guilt was evident for several seconds before Alduir hastily reassembled his composure.

"Chrome. So that's what you refer to as your home reality." He continued to smoke. "Fascinating. It is not the case on here... everyone here is familiar with the supernatural to some degree. But aside from some what you might call skeptics... nobody down in the town knows of the occult.

You still haven't answered my question though. You seem to be taking this awfully well... and I can't seem to parse... why?" (edited)

Mozo’s End
"I honestly don't know why. I just dreamt that this day would come, all it was that I didn't know with who, that's all. Though now I'm certain I can trust all of you. You never attempted to hurt me when I was unconscious in the woods when you could have with zero hesitation, instead you dressed my wounds and brought me here to help. You've treated me with hospitality thus far, and I'm thankful for that. It's what matters most to my fellow Loreons." Pollyanna straightened up her lemniscate bowtie a little bit as she finished explaining to Alduir why she's taking this all so well.

"In fact, I do now wish to repay you all for this once I find my son. That's the best I feel I can do." She smiled while pulling out a roll of minty chew from her bag. (edited)

Jade’s End
"If I knew where to go to find him... we would already be going there. But it might be wise to accept that we are likely in it for the long haul... of course... time is not something we have too much off. But for the time being, you will be accompanying my team. Perhaps your son will make himself known in due time."

Alduir paused, he seated himself in the chair, gazing into the violet flames.

"We now have... less than a year... and all roads lead to the same endpoint..." He took a short drag on his cigarillo, then a long exhale as he slumped into the chair. Releasing fully to how heavy his body felt and just how tired he was. Sparing another glance at Marcus' ashes was not helping with his mood.

Mozo’s End
"Although I do not know what my dear Ehlijah looks like nowadays, it has sadly been almost two decades since I last saw his face... I do believe I heard and saw him here in my own dreams on the RV." Pollyanna sighed, staring at a photo of her family, on it were the Cross' in their hayday. "Gabrielle. Lucyfer. Mattaton. Evelyn. Adamson. Maxyll. Cecilia. Kristen. Gwyneth... Ehlijah." It was hard to choke down, but the event on that night seventeen years ago left a scar on her as well.

Though she let out a long sigh as if she was close to breaking down, Pollyanna kept her composure before finally asking a question.

"What exactly does your world ending entail here?" Pollyanna wrapped her tail around her waist before sitting down within the chair across from him and indulged in the conversation. The amethyst flames that billowed within the fireplace illuminated her face and pale blue eyes with a violet hue. The reflection of a burning fire within her eyes not just from the exterior flames but from those within. The atmosphere for Pollyanna was beginning to feel grim as she stared down at the intricate patterns of the rug on the floor.

Jade’s End
"Look to the sky, and look closely. You will see Him. Endtropy." He paused. "The dark force in the universe given sapience by a billion helpless worshippers. Of corruption... degradation... conflict. Of wailing spirits and ruinous beings exacting more than their fair share on our world. Of dark and mindless beliefs permeating our minds and being reciprocated back into the world in a vicious cycle. Of the things we try to ignore, try to distract ourselves from.

Death. Disease. War. Famine. These are all necessary and intrinsic parts of our reality, we could not survive without them. But the universe is out of balance. We have a sworn duty, to restore that balance before the scale tips past a point of no return. Yet that return draws ever nearer and yet we are no closer to preventing this cataclysm then we were two millennia ago."

Alduir placed his hand against his forehead, massaging it slightly.

"Yet we are no closer..." he repeated, the weariness and shakiness of his voice given emphasis. "no matter what we do..." (edited)

Mozo’s End
"That's... I can't even conjure the words such a thing Alduir." She sighed "Now that our worlds have collided, I do fear one thing upon hearing about this "Endtropy" and that is I must know if he can seep into other worlds. Is that even possible?" Pollyanna fell silent and begun to tap one of her knees on to the other, not out of fright but out of nervousness and the concern for others. Although she did feel a bit of fear wash over her after so long without feeling it.

It was clear that such a being on an ungodly scale without any means to be ultimately pushed back is a concern of its own. Even if the Idols were to protect them, there is still so much uncertainty.

"Huh!?" For a moment, a cold sweat ran down Pollyanna's face as in the corner of her eye was an older man with a bald head and clad in old rags. The man was clapping as if he was applauding his entertainers. Yet just as Pollyanna snapped around... The man was gone. (edited)

Jade’s End
Alduir was stood as she came back to reality. His teeth gritted and his eyes shimmering with powerful energy, glowing like two violet spotlights. The tattoos on his neck similarly glowed as he took a combative stance. Whatever it was he had clearly had a very different response.

Slowly he relaxed. His tremoring hand loosed its grip on the sword handle and it collapsed back, returning to its rightful place as the decorative buckle to his belt. He let out a sigh and seated himself once more.

"I don't know what that was... I..." He massaged his head. "This manor is built on only the most hallowed of grounds... but I sensed an intruder."

He let out a sigh, seating himself as the last of the glow faded. Now, he was drenched in sweat.

"He can. He permeates all realities. But his imbalance is what we must contain. In fact, when we picked you up, we were in the process of cataloguing and sealing all the anomalous areas that we could. Even if your reality falls, and our souls are torn asunder by the collapse of all that is, we can... hopefully... spare others that same fate."

Mozo’s End
"Yeah who or rather whatever that was, I couldn't tell either... All I know is, it's presence was just as overwhelming on me as it was on you... I think it's best we forgot it existed for the time being." Pollyanna curiously asked while getting comfortable within her chair once again.

"Well... That's certainly going to be a problem. I remember hearing what Rai said about you all being so-called "Nightmare Hunters" and from what I can infer during our conversation here, is it safe to assume your job as the Nightmare Hunters is to fix the imbalance and slay these "Nightmares" correctly? Also, how many of you are there out in the wild?"

As they talked more and more, she decided to pull out a small journal from her bag along with a quill and ink using her psionics, more specifically psychography or "automatic writing" to scribe every word onto the paper.

Jade’s End
There are nine of us proper, myself included. Not counting some... peripheral agents. How many Nightmares are out there...?" He chuckled. "I couldn't say. Billions with more forming every day. We take one out and ten more take its place... and they're always stronger than we expect...

Come, I should introduce you to everyone."

Alduir led her into the kitchen. Mostly made up of a monolithic pastel green refrigerator but otherwise treated with victorian dark oak and brass fixtures. Raiah was wearing a tough canvas glove over her prosthetic, forming a large pizza crust and tossing it into the air before Satri could lay on the sauce.

"That the homemade sauce?"

"yea."

"Good. Oh there she is. That's the lady we picked up. Satri... this is Pollyanna. Pollyana, Satri. She doesn't like processed foods; that's why we've got to use the homemade stuff. Also she's taken and probably doesn't want to make it a three-way."

"oh." Satri sounded incredibly disappointed.

There was a loud meow. It was Shadow who jumped onto the counter and began walking into the dough. Raiah recovered the hose from the sink and squirted the cat, causing him to yowl and scramble off.

"Get lost ya furry parasite!"

Mozo’s End
"Just curious as to the numbers. If push comes to shove, I'd be willing to find a way to lend a hand... Whether that's through my blade or refuge." She stated boldly with once again another chuckle.

Pollyanna upon entering the kitchen was hit with a sudden wave of nostalgia. It felt just a little too bit like home for her. Somewhere which she misses all too much since leaving.

"Greetings, Satri. Name's Pollyanna Cross, but you can call me Polly, friend." She gave a respectful bow before turning over to Raiah.

"I can always help you cook once I'm done greeting everybody, Rai. I may not be as good at it as my sister-in-law Gabrielle, but trust me, I know a few recipes... that may or may not knock your socks off." She sighed.

"Of course, I don't know if you are able to eat the same things as I can. Like Nightshade Jam or a nice cold Kabori Smoothie. Would you like me to help out though?" She offered the idea to Raiah while scratching the back of her head. (edited)

Jade’s End
"Al said... or thought to me... or told me with his psychic powers he thought the reason you blew chunks from the cookie was because it was processed. I don't know how well you'll take to pizza but I can say for sure that I'm pretty sure that Nightshade is poisonous and we don't keep any laying around. I don't even know if it grows around here. But we've got tons of food. I'm sure there's something you can eat..."

Mozo’s End
"My species has long since adapted to eat poisonous forage out of necessity. Though we can handle processed foods, most of us Loreons prefer to eat natural products. Not to mention I am allergic to chocolate. So that mostly contributed to me regurgitating the cookie earlier.

Though I must ask, do you happen to have any apples out of curiosity? I would like to have something to pass me by 'til the pizza is ready." As she was about to get ready to trail off with Alduir she immediately remembered something.

"Yeah, nightshade is poisonous to some. One or two should be fine for you folks to consume, but I'd recommend not consuming berries that make you hallucinate. So I'm not going to push the matter any further than I've been. By the way, apologies for being all over the place; It's been quite a stressful week for me as of lately." (edited)

Jade’s End
"If yer looking for nightshade, I hope you're up for a bit of a walk... Only place it grows is the west side of the property, down by the old dam. While you're at it, fetch the others who are putting up more guardian stones." An older woman said hobbling into the room, using an extended bow staff for support. She wore a pointed hat with a wide rim and was somewhat hunched over. One eye was wrapped in a strap, bugging out of her face. It was purple and seemed to rotate independently of the other. "By the way my name's Wendy. Wendy Webweaver. Pleasure to meet you, Polly." (edited)

Mozo’s End
"Alright. Guess I'll be heading there some time. Glad to meet you though Wendy." Pollyanna gave a pleasing smile and a courteous bow before taking a seat down at a table. "So why don't you tell me a bit about yourself Ms. Webweaver, you as well Satri. I'd love to get to know everybody." Pollyanna rummaged through her satchel once again, picking out her notebook, deciding to keep notes on those she has met thus far.

Shadow waddled on over towards Pollyanna as, brushing up against her ankles. She couldn't help but beckon the mischievous kitty onto her lap with a whistle. Soon as he jumped onto her, Polly began to gently run her hand across the cat's soft fur. "So soft..." She was clearly amused by the cat who rolled over in her lap and began getting all frisky, attempting to catch Pollyanna's dancing fingers as she mockingly attempted to scratch Shadow's belly.
October 1, 2021

Jade’s End
Shadow did not take kindly to even the implication that he would have his belly pet, promptly biting polly before scrambling away with a hiss. Another cat ambled in; a small white one with emerald green eyes that didn't look to be fully grown. Easily a tenth the size of the full grown cat, she proceeded to begin licking his face and helping to dry him from his earlier dousing. Shadow decided he wanted to receive three face licks exactly and on the fourth one swatted and hissed at her before sulking off to take a nap.

"Don't bother. Taeos cat is such an asshole."

The white cat then approached her. Mustering all of her strength she tried to meow, but it ended up being more of a squeak.

"Tell us abit about myself?" Wendy reciprocated. "Where am I to start, I'm almost a hundred and fifty years old. If I told you everything I knew we'd be here until Endtropy arrived... But I do have a project I'm working on you might be interested in, come on. Follow me." (edited)

Mozo’s End
"Huh. Interesting." She gave a light chuckle.

"Awww..." She sounded let down from Shadow's sudden meanness. "Awww." Only to immediately be taken away by the tiny white cat's presence. She chuckled at it's tiny little squeak, Pollyanna couldn't help but get down and pet the little kitten. "So much softer and way less mean." She scratched it behind the cheeks and on the top of the head.. Pollyanna smiled before finally standing all the way up.

"Right so, where were we before I got distracted..." She paused "Oh, following you, that's what. Let's go shall we."

Jade’s End
Wendy would lead her into her private study; on the first floor and connected to the library. It had formerly been marcus' business office but since converted to her private room. A small potion brewing station had been arranged with a tiny cauldron over a fire and a collection of test tubes, beakers and other chemistry equipment. She had also seemingly disassembled at least two bow staves and a ceremonial dagger, cannibalizing them for the countless tiny mechanisms inside that gave them the capacity to transform.

On her desk were about half a dozen copies of a book. Bound in purple leather and embroidered with golden thread they were titled.

Wendy Webweaver's guide to Wendigo, Whyrven and other Warped beings. 1st edition.

She grabbed a copy, presenting it to Pollyanna.

"I started writing these, because if we can't stop Endtropy... perhaps at least one of them... would somehow make it somewhere else. And those people could have a fighting chance. Since you are from another universe, and you may well end up returning while we stay behind... this may well be the only record of what we have accomplished. At the very least it will help get you up to speed on which way is up around here..."

Mozo’s End
"I see... Well I'll gladly keep this copy. If Endtropy ends up finding their way to my world, then I'll make sure we aren't going down without a fight, whatsoever. I appreciate this, thank you. In the meantime, I'll help each and everyone of you out the best I can if that's possible. I don't know if I can help find a solution despite possibly being a stronger esper than Alduir, according to him that is.

However, I do know of someone within my world at the very least, an even more powerful esper than me, a Kultian who goes by the name of Nostradamus. He very well could be an option in helping find a plan. Though... the problem is finding him. Most believe the Sleeping Eye to be a fable, however I know he's real for certain." She stated.

Pollyanna curiously peaked at the items in the room, being a student and teacher of the Occult herself is hard not to eye a few things. "Huh, an Athame." She said, grabbing the ceremonial dagger and examining its craftsmanship. She intentionally pressed her thumb against the damascus steel blade's silver edge and slid it across, cutting herself intentionally. Blood was drawn from the blade yet somehow it was a painless process; this perplexed Pollyanna greatly, as normally, bloodletting for her was rather painful however it was anything but.

"Painkilling Enchantment eh? Definitely unusual when you want to pour as much intensive emotion into bloodletting... but I guess this athame must be used for something less ritualistic which requires a ton of blood then? Perhaps the completion of a magickal object through the transfer of Ki?" She was observing the patterns in the knife's handle and checking out how the blades segments functioned. It was truly an interesting construct to her. (edited)

Jade’s End
"Yeah..." Wendy said. "We always seemed to get some whiners when it came to crafting dreamcatchers. The bloodletting itself isn't meant to be emotional... When crafting a trap one is meant to focus on their will to fight... their will to seek out and tame lost souls. To imbue their blood into one of these." She tapped the scarlet quartz of a dreamcatcher stone. "Can't exactly make a strong trap when you're thinking about how much your hand hurts.

Speaking of blood, you're getting yours all over the rug." She hobbled up, grabbing an old invoice from the hexagon corporation to stem the bleeding. "I know the worlds gonna end in a year, but have some respect; this is fine Arcadian Cotton."

Mozo’s End
"Oh yeah apologies. I'll quickly eh, grab a bandy and patch myself up there." Pollyanna scrambled through her bag, managing to pluck out once again another bandage then applying it to her bandage ridden body. "Anyways, uh yeah. Sooooo..." She set the athame done where it originally was, put her book away and just stood there for a moment.

"What exactly is Arcadia? I'm getting the premonition that it is some kind of location you Nightmare Hunters have not-so fond memories of." Her eyes were glowing cyan as her very being began to bring forth her psychic powers once again, this time she was using retrocognition to peer within the past. Things were foggy and many caricatures were missing due to the imperfect nature of such a powerful ability and her unfamiliarity with the world around her.

However, one thing stood out... the faint shadowy image of Alduir before a young boy with short black hair in a white uniform, they were in the RV together. The boy was asking about the very nature of psychic powers as the two traveled through the city. Going further back, she saw brief glimpses of a pearly white city and an ice skating rink covered in mist but knew nothing of it. She then snapped back to reality, the trail having gone cold finally. (edited)

Jade’s End
She shuffled around with several framed pictures and photographs before retrieving an aerial view of the city.

"Arcadia? Huh boy you really are not from around here, are ya? Ugh... the whole thing is a big mess.

The Arcadians... once they and us were one and the same. But the Arcadians sought to spread word of Endtropy's approach to the masses. They felt that if they could convince enough people of the innate good within humanity, that would drive Him back. However they became rigid and radicalized in their beliefs; so much so they lost sight of their original purpose. Now they preach a false belief; doing everything in their power to convince others... to lie to themselves even. Hide behind faith rather than confront the truth.

Now their religious dogma preaches that Endtropy will come as some sort of test of their ability. A time to prove all that they have learned; that their dogma is indomitable. Judge the worthy as free to ascend to a higher plane of existence; where those who lived virtuous arcadian lives will be reincarnated and all the rest of humanity will destroy itself, and be abandoned to an eternal hell of suffering and self-destructiveness. This has gone so far... so far out of line that now... their very leader... Rythe Redwin... works to service Endtropy. Seeks to appease him and be his servant, betray his own people from an empty faith. Such that he and he alone wiped out most all the hunters... in a bid to appease the ruminous and out of balance universe.

But I... I see you looking back in time. What exactly are you looking at?"

Mozo’s End
"I see... To answer your question, I believe I may have seen Arcadia... It was made of marble and gold, and there in it's epicenter a massive tower, unlike anything I've seen. The only thing that I can liken it to in size is Breakneck Mountain back home, the treacherous landscape in which the Sleeping Eye, Nostradamus is said to dwell deep within.

That and I saw what appeared to be Alduir and some kid with black hair in a white shirt, the boy was asking about psychic powers in the RV. Other than that, I don't know. It all just suddenly came to me. I honestly wasn't intending to scry into the past but it kind of just happened." Pollyanna sighed. Turning around and staring at the dreamcatchers hanging above her, the red crystals shimmering a bit of speckled light in the room.

"So. This Rythe Redwin, he's the big bad of your story, isn't he? What's he like outside of seeming like a brainwashed prick thus far, Wendy? What did he exactly do to wipe out the Order? Or would that event be too hard for you to speak about, because if so, you don't need to." Her tail was swinging around with nervous curiosity, it was hard to keep her tired eyes open, but nonetheless she did everything in her willpower to not fall over asleep.

Jade’s End
" 'Big bad' is one way of putting it. Even Alduir admitted 'He's evil and crazy and he needs to go down'. How he nearly wiped us out. Well It didn't help that Alduir's past life wasn't exactly what you would call a good guy either. He actually took out ten times as many hunters as Rythe ever did. I was one of the lucky ones..."

She tapped her glass eye with a long fingernail making a quiet clink sound.

"I had enough common sense to stay away from that freak. Rythe on the other hand, he infiltrated our order shortly thereafter. Some hogwash about wanting to rebuild our ties with the Arcadians and rebuilding our strength. First everyone was suspicious that he was gonna drag that crackpot religion of his into the pure order, but when he didn't we all started to trust him...

Then, one night he broke into the vault below half moon castle, and stole the Krukuibezzere. The first hunter weapon and released his pent up dark powers. The Hunters, which were scattered and distracted on missions stood no chance.

Alduir..." She tried to hold back sobs. "He tried to warn them. I... I was his old mentor. I saw last-minute that he was right and barely made it out myself." (edited)

Mozo’s End
"Hey. At least you survived... There's a million things that matter and one of those things thus far is that you're able to carry on that torch. However, I'd reckon we don't lose hope yet, even if there's a year left, whether it's by my own dumb luck, the Sleeping Eye himself, or some other method, we'll find a way." Pollyanna gave a smile as she examined a shelf full of blank unbled crystals and a spool of white "spider" silk. "Hmm."

"I know this is all really hard to talk about, but I'll let this be my last question... That ancient hunter weapon you spoke of Rythe using, what does it do to be exact?" She inquired. (edited)

Jade’s End
"Krukuibezzere." She affirmed. "The first hunter weapon, and a dangerous magical experiment which could reap and collect damned souls in a single slice. Endtropy has tasked him with collecting the souls of every last hunter. It's why we are hid out here; a continent away; and why we had to sever all the tesseracts to this place.

Mozo’s End
"I would ask just exactly what these tesseracts you mentioned are, but that's a question for later. Should we move on, I've still got people to meet, including this Taeo I've heard a bit about already. Hopefully I don't sound like I'm in a rush." She said, staring at a handful of materials lying about, mainly a Wendigo's horn. Once again she was intrigued by the million and one stories of this world, however, she refrained from asking everything under the remaining sun and stars, only deciding to ask what was important. (edited)

Jade’s End
"Oh... no its a question for now. Somebody's got to bring you up to speed on everything." She said grabbing a sheet of paper and began drawing on it with a pencil. "The tesseract network is a network of tesseractation... teleportation runes we... the hunters used to use to quickly travel to distant corners of the globe. However Rythe has access to the network. So we've had to disable many of the runes on this continent such that he cannot get around us quickly."

She finished her drawings, having created two runes. She placed a coin on one of them.

"Tesseractus."

There was a flash. Space seemed to twist and warp and the coin was warped from one rune to the other.

"I'm looking at your higher form. You have open access to magic... so you should be able to use them without trouble. Give it a try... place one hand on each piece of paper and say "Tesseractus"."

She got up, wrestling the horn out of a pile of junk to reveal it was in fact a bow made with the horns of a wendigo. She wasn't perfectly certian what it was doing in such a vulnerable location, giving an I'm in my 140s I must be going senile shrug. (edited)

Mozo’s End
Pollyanna snickered, rather amused at the "I'm in my 140s I must be going senile" shrug.

"Huh, Teleportation or in some cases Displacement, rare forms of magick amongst my people, don't see it everyday so I'll take you up on giving it a shot." She placed her left hand with the coin on one piece of paper and the right on another. For a moment she sat there contemplating what would actually happen doing this but in the end without hesitation she yelled the phrase.

"Tesseractus!" Reality buckled and warped itself the moment. When Pollyanna removed herself from the paper, the coin had swapped her right hand. "Huh. That is rather neat. Definitely will have to go through the real thing one day." She tossed the coin up into the air, caught it, the flipped it on the back of her hand. "Tails, nice." she commented, her own tail wriggling about.

Jade’s End
"Alright... this thing can kinda cause enough pain to drive one's soul to madness. So I got to go lock it up... by the way, that boy you keep talking about seeing... he's upstairs. Might be a little... older than when you last saw him though."

She tapped her glass eye again.

Mozo’s End
"Alrighty. Thanks Wendy, you have a good one." Pollyanna bowed and smiled one last time before heading out. She made her way out of Wendy's quarters and into the main foyer where the two main staircases were. Above was a big chandelier which caught her easily distractible eyes for a second as she glided up the stairs and into the hallway. She trotted around, looking for where this Taeo kid might be until finally she overheard some chatter.

"Wait, is that Hanai?" She turned her head swiftly towards an open door, walked on over, and stepped right in. It was a spare bedroom that had been converted into a small private dojo for combat training and the likes. She was rather intrigued.

"Hey Hanai and oh, you that be Taeo." Pollyanna called over, waving her hand and blowing the bangs from over her eyes.

"I'm Pollyanna Cross, nice to meet you finally!" She walked on over and extended a hand for a handshake, a smile across her face and her tail wrapped around her waist.

Jade’s End
There was in fact no chatter. More like violent yelling and the clashing of oaken poles. Mother and son locked in a ferocious sparring match. The two striking at one another with flurries of blows.

"Come on! I was wide open! Hit me!"

She barked. In reality the opening wasn't obvious. The clash continued for a few more moments before hanai found the opportunity to sweep her son's leg and strike down on him. She pulled her blow at the final moment, only moderately prodding him in the neck.

"You get hit with Numug and you fight sloppy like this, you're DEAD!"

Khy grabbed her pole and tugged it away, causing her to lose balance for a moment. He managed to wrench it out of her grip and get back onto his feet. He continued to press the attack, but Hanai deftly blocked or dodged every one of his strikes.

"Focus! You have the advantage now." She grabbed his staff, the two wrestled with it for a moment before she kicked him away, knocking him to the floor and winding him. She brought the staff down for a finishing blow. Khy dodged, rolling about on the floor and tripping up one of her legs with two of his while she was off balance. She took an ugly fall and Khy finally seized his advantage, finishing the match with a restrained two-fingered eye gouge. They both exchanged knowing looks, rising, briefly bowing to one another and turning to face Polly.

"Hey..." Khy mumbled. "Al told me you... you were coming." He removed two small rope bracelets with something pale green in the threads, still winded from the fight. "Said you were having visions about me. So what's up?"

Mozo’s End
"Yeah, that stuff kind of happens from time to time. My psychic powers love to focus on one specific thing for a moment at a time. I'm not exactly the greatest at controlling them when I'm awake either." She scratched the back of her head, a sweat crawling down the side of her awkward expressed face. It was clear that she knew it certainly came off as weird but also something she couldn't quite help.

"I mean I also saw Arcadia, and Alduir along with my son and some old man dressed in white the entire time I've been here. If that makes it any less awkward. Heheh." Her laughter slowly faded before finally she regained her more nonchalant expression once again.

"Anyways, this is quite a nice dojo you got here. What were you two brushing up upon before I arrived here anyways?"

Jade’s End
"Fighting... without inmags." Taeo commented, still out of breath, showing Pollyanna the bracelet laced with numug. "Gotta be able to hit back if we ever go against Nightmares with rotten souls. "Also... since innate magic multiplies your existing physical abilities... at least in my case... the stronger you are to begin with... the stronger your enhanced self."

"Hey Polly? Fancy a round in the ring? Wanna show me what you got?" Hanai asked, offering her an oak training staff as though it was a foregone conclusion.

Mozo’s End
"I'm not exactly a great fighter myself, but sure, I'll take you on." She said, grasping the oak staff and taking it with her to the opposite side of the arena. Pollyanna attempted to twirl the staff around only for it to begin slipping out of her hands. She desperately attempted to catch it only for the weapon to hit her upside the head and causing her to stumble then fall to the floor as the staff rolled away.

"Ahhh... yeah... Well that just happened." She was in a complete and utter daze from the fumbling.

Jade’s End
"I... I don't think this is the best idea." Khy commented, stepping into the ring. "Look, she's pent up after being locked in Al's rolling smoke shack all week. She can take it out on me, least until dinner starts." He kicked up the staff into his hand. His numug wristbands were back on, ready for another bout. "Why don't you see if you can track down the others. Pyt, Manei and Hyuna are out west of the house doubling up the standing stones. Tell them its time for dinner." (edited)

Mozo’s End
Pollyanna without muttering a word began to pluck herself up off the ground, her eyes completely closed and a blank expression drawn across her face. She slowly stepped over to Khy and plucked the oak staff out of his hands with great strength before charging at Hanai. She was clearly asleep yet still awake and aware of her actions, although it seemed as if her body had a mind of its own.

She remained limp and hunched over, her muscles resting, allowing her to move like spring water flowing down a small stream.

Pollyanna fighting style was a mix 'em up of low blows and speedy kicks while twirling round her staff, all in tandem with her oneiromancy. Her first move was a simple job a foot away from Hanai's shin followed by a swift sweep to try and throw Hanai off her own two feet. If all else failed, she would be quick to predict that a course correction with an uppercut followed by a stab to the gut may land a successful blow.

Jade’s End
Hanai was competent. Managing to hold her own for a while through superior physicality and experience with a staff. But eventually Polly's psychic precognition managed to sort through the possible outcomes. To lead her through a series of moves that would eventually put her in an unenviable position, one where she would more or less be forced to take the loss. It was obvious by her facial expression a few moments before the final blow was struck. She realized she was fighting a psychic opponent; probably through having sparred with Alduir and Pyt.

Eventually the leg sweep, followed by the stab to the gut finished the job, and Hanai conceded.

"Not bad, but I think you were forgetting something." Hanai muttered with a grunt.

Taeo produced a numug infused headband, presenting it to pollyanna.

"The purpose of this exercise is to augment you at the base level. You can fight with precognition quite proficient already... which is good. But if you can hone the physical side of combat, you can more fully execute what your body needs to do when you perceive combat through your abilities... or something like that." Khy explained.

Mozo’s End
"Huh... What's going on..?" Pollyanna rubbed her eyes, she was drowsy as all hell from having fallen asleep all of a sudden. It was also clear she didn't hear a word of what Hanai had said thus far. She stood there in complete silence attempting to put two and two together upon gazing at the bracelet. "Oh! Ohhhhh! I totally forgot about this numug whatchamacallit. My bad."

Polly took the headband and put it on, for a very split second she felt a sharp pain in her soul as the effects of the numug severed her connection to the leylines for the time being, although this pain in no way shape or form deterred her from at least striking a cool pose with the oak staff before the battle begun. "Alrighty, I'll go on your mark Hanai."

Jade’s End
Without the advantage of precognition, Hanai would become a much more formidable opponent. With the initiation of the match came a salvo of calculated attacks. Her stratagem was something of the opposite, keeping guard higher up. Using quick, strong strikes in unpredictable patterns to try and break her concentration.

Mozo’s End
Without her sleepwalking, she was about as useless as a snail in a bucket of salt. Pollyanna still tried her hardest but was alas beaten down rather quickly. At first she kept blocking Hanai's assault as best as she could until the more experienced fighter was able to smack her opponent right in the thigh. Polly ended up tumbling around, before she knew it, as she attempted to regain her balance, Hanai thrashed Pollyanna right across her face, landing a strong enough blow that ended in the poor Loreon being thrown back a few meters and onto the floor face first.

"Oh for the love of the idols... that hurt... I concede." Pollyanna plucked herself off the floor, her eyes gazing upon a sprinkle of orangish-red splatters against the hardwood, out of instinctual curiosity she placed her hand onto her nose and looked at her palm, she had a broken and bloody nose.

"Well shoot... That's not good."

Last edited:
"Mom, pull your blows; geeze oh petes! You broke her nose!" Khy urged, rushing over to help Polly, bringing a spare cloth to stem the bleeding.

"I was pulling my blows!" She affirmed. "She blundered right into it!"

He examined the injury for a moment. "Yeah its a gusher, and its busted pretty bad..." He turned and shouted down the hall. "Wendy!"

"I heard, I foresaw, I'm only halfway up the stairs..." She responded. After an agonizing minute the sage made her way into the room to administer help. As she entered she shot an irritated gaze to Hanai.

"What? She volunteered to step onto the mat? She knew full well what she was getting into..." Hanai affirmed.

"No excuse for mopping the floor with her like that, you could have easily won with half the effort." She retorted. Wendy sat down next to Pollyanna and guided her hands away from her face. Her ancient hands had a mild quiver but she expertly forced the bone back into place, straightening her nose. She seemed to concentrate, gently massaging the bridge of her nose and the bleeding began to pewter out.

"You know..." Khy mumbled. "I think orange blood is a sign of infection."

"For us perhaps. She is an otherworlder, and she is different in many ways. Subtle but significant. You... cannot see them all... but I can." She affirmed, tapping her eye before returning to continue massaging Polly's nose back together.

"Dang. That one hurt but I'm fine nonetheless." Pollyanna reached into her bag, pulling out a small spray bottle and bundle of tissue paper. She wetted some tissue down and held it against her nose, wiping away the rest of the blood which had begun rapidly coagulating, so much so, the bleeding was stopped after only a dozen seconds.

"It's not a sign of infection." She sniffled. "Of course, I'm not a medical expert but I do know it is our natural blood color, it's splotches of yellow that would be a sign of infection. Our blood also coagulates faster than the others native to my world." She finished wiping away the last bit of blood, and stumbling back onto her own two feet.

"Thanks for the help though, Wendy." She smiled

"And by the way, you're fine Hanai, I don't mind getting my buttocks kicked anytime... So long it's not by... Him." Her expression went blank and scowl formed over her eyes. Pollyanna was visibly shaken as images of "him" were flashing throughout her mind, it was the man she had a run-in with the day before she had finally arrived. The final words Deivyd left her with greatly disturbed the her. This was a mess that she knew would have to be dealt with sooner or later, but should she really kill the mood? She contemplated while dazing off into the stars.

Hanai let out a snort and gave a crooked half smile. Anyone who could take a hit like that and not whine about it had her respect. As Pollyanna fell into a daze she missed the next bits of conversation; even though they were fairly innocuous.

"Hey..." Khy snapped his fingers, knowing full well they only carried sound and not a psychically induced urge to bring someone to attention. "You up for a little walk; wanna go grab the other three? We could pick some nightshade while we're out." He let out a huff, untying his hair. "I promise you won't accumulate any more injuries on my watch."

Last edited:
"OH! Yeah, yeah. I'm ready." Pollyanna twirled around, flicking her skirt. "Apologies, I do want to meet the other three, that's for certain." She sounded incredibly nervous, almost distant all of a sudden. Yet she still composed herself as she begun to trail off outside the door.

"Let's get going shall we... Could go for a bit of foraging in a bit... Speaking of that, you all got any baskets by any chance?" She inquired.

"You doing alright? You look like you've seen a ghost; only in the context that that's actually an unusual experience for anyone around here..." He asked as he led her downstairs where Raiah and Satri were checking on the pizza in the oven. He parused through the kitchen for a moment before finding two paper shopping bags with string handles in with the recycling. "Will these do alright for you?"

"It's a long story... I'll discuss it over dinner if that's find with you Taeo." She shook her head and gathered her composure fully before finally checking out both the shopping bags.

"Oh yeah. These work. So long I can hold my berries in something, that's all that matters. Heheh." She gave an awkward smile followed by an even more awkward sigh. "Well, you lead the way to the standing stones. I'll follow."

Khy threw on a generic gray jacket. He'd taken notice that Pollyanna had taken to calling him by his birth name rather than his nickname, but that was not unusual. After all he lived with three psychics. Now four. People just knowing stuff was pretty par for the course. He led her out the back door into the open meadow behind the mansion. Winds sent silver ripples through the fresh green grass of spring. The skies were dark and overcast; a low roll of thunder could be heard in the distance and some pitiful excuse for rainfall slowly wetting them. The peak of the estate mountain shrouded in clouds.

"So..." He began awkwardly. "You're from another universe...? How does this one stack up so far... I mean besides the whole 'universe devouring monster going to eat us all in less than a year unless we find a way to destroy it'... uhh... Alduir or somebody told you about that teeny tiny problem we've got... right?"

"Well aside from Endtropy... It's a little less, what's the word... Mystical? I guess. Chrome's full of so much more life compared to your world thus far, that's clear to me... but I guess that's part of it when you have what amounts to an abomination slowly but surely tearing your reality apart." Pollyanna had her white cloak on loose around herself. She loved the feeling of the light breeze smacking against her, billowing her skirt and cloak as well.

The sprinkles of light rain hitting her hair and the green grass brushing up against her heels, it was all pleasant to Pollyanna. "Oh... Your grass is green, not blue? And your sun, it's so much smaller than ours... the sky is blue yet not a milky white. Honestly this feels just as alien to me as it does to you all if I got to be quite frank, Taeo."

Walking past a pasture overgrown with shrubs and weeds they would arrive at the river. A disappointing muddy brown creek running downhill over rocks. It was within a shallow ravine. Perhaps three meters across with boulders regularly interspersed throughout the water. Most random, but some intentionally laid forming stepping stones high enough to be dry and not slippery, with only narrow gaps through which the water could flow. He glanced around for a few moments, sizing up the plantlife along the banks. Mushrooms, cattails, and bramble bushes, and poison Ivy. A dead river trout beached on the muddy shore and some scraggly and unhealthy looking nightshade bushes bearing a few berries.

"This is the best we got; we've never had a reason to grow it in the greenhouse. Hopefully nightshade here is the same thing here as it is over yonder. I'm no botanist But being frank if you've got blue grass and white skies where you come from I wouldn't count on it. We can pick it now or on the trip back. With any luck we can yahoo the others into helping..."

"Gonna just... alioop." She plucked a nightshade berry and plopped it straight into her mouth. She chomped slower and slower before finally spitting it out and onto the trout. "Yeesh. Yeah, same stuff as home but really polluted." Pollyanna was a little shook, although her species was adapted to graze upon highly poisonous substances, polluted forage just wasn't one of them.

"I think I'm going to save gathering forage for once I get home... if I ever do... Anyways, let's continue shall we?"

He shrugged, guiding her across the stepping stones and into the woods. It was sublte, but obvious to an outsider. Something about the woods would just seem wrong. The coniferous trees grew at odd stilted angles. They seemed to bend abruptly in their trunks and branches. A few had strange divots in the sides of the trunks; as though they had been rotting but the infection had then been killed. He was quiet for a few minutes as they continued to negotiate the dense forest.

"Well, we're going to have to find something you can eat while your here. The plants in the greenhouse are better off; though we dont grow any nightshade. Is there anything else you fancy that you suspect might grow across both our universes? Maybe we could track some down for you...?"

Eventually they could hear voices through the woods. A loud thud. As they came around some shrubs they would see the others. Hyuna had just finished hefting a huge rectangular boulder into a hole. The obelisk stood bolt upright, towering at almost three meters. Pyt wore a long trenchcoat and Manei had an unnecessarily puffy winter jacket on. Pyt read from a book as she plunged her finger into the stone. Upon doing so, it became molten and her finger would glow yellow-hot. From there, she was able to draw in the stone; the rock snapping and popping and occasionally droplets of lava falling onto the dirt below.

"Alright... its like a circle and an upside down triangle with a... no the tips of the triangle should be outside the circle."

"Ugh just hold it up for me..."

"Hnngh... two years of training to hold up a book."

Hyuna; being a wendigo was scared of fire or anything even remotely related to heat made an effort to hide behind a tree. Despite his intimidating stance, Pollyanna would swiftly detect that he was not innately hostile, if not through her powers through the fact he rather clumsily tried to hide behind a tree like a toddler thinking he was hidden by standing behind a narrow lamppost. The wendigo didn't speak, he just sort of let out a low growl.

"No, Hyuna, its not going to burn you!" He reassured. "Oh hey, its Pollyanna. Al told us you were coming. I'm Pyt, Raiahs older brother. And this... this is Hyuna."

The wendigo adjusted his hiding behind the tree. He let out a growl.

"He's a little shy..."

"That look good?" Manei asked.

Pyt double checked the book to see that all the runes were correct. He then turned to Pollyanna "Yep... and this is Manei Tarr."

"Strongest Nightmare Hunter." She said in a hushed tone before giggling.

"No you're not!" Pyt and Khy commented at the same time.

"Hmmm..." Pollyanna thought for a moment. "Do kaboriberries happen to grow? They do blossom in spring time... though I don't know if you have a big enough greenhouse to fit a whole tree in yet." She bunched up all of her hair, and tied it into a loose high rising ponytail. Taking a moment to stop and focus on it real quick. When the two of them came up to the last three hunters, Pollyanna examined the group's duties, taking notice at Manei's powers and her comment about being the "strongest nightmare hunter".

"Well, these three are certainly a bunch." she chuckled, giving once again another very light bow out of due respect. "First time I've ever seen a Wendigo up close without it attempting to rip my innards out and me alive. That's for certain." She curiously gazed at Hyuna, very intrigued by the big guy.

"Pleasure to meet you all though. I'm Pollyanna Cross as you might of heard thus far." She smiled. "Wendigo are pretty intelligible creatures, do you happen to know how to speak big guy? Mind telling me what's got you all scared and hiding behind a tree so I can help you out at all? Is it perhaps the fire coming from Manei?" She inquired in a very friendly tone, a very pleasing expression across her face as she stared at Hyuna with curious eyes.

"GGHGHRRRRRRR!!"

"He says hello. And that he can understand you but not speak back... at least not verbally. And he's afraid of the fire, yes." Pyt exclaimed. As the heat on the stone dissipated he stomped over slowly, with little regard for the vegetation and approached Pollyanna. He presented the large silver armguard which he wore pointing to the dreamcatcher emblem on it. "What he's trying to explain is that he swore an oath to redeem his soul before he departs this earth. But he has killed and devoured hundreds and his sanity wains, and forgiveness for such a thing is not easily attained. Be it in his eyes... or the eyes of others."

The Wendigo turned, his tail lashing. He was the only one who seemed slightly agitated by pollyanna's presence. He studied the ground for a moment before picking up a pine cone and offering it to her.

"He wants to give you... that as a gift. As a show of trust."

"Awww. Thanks." She took the pine cone and stashed it away in her satchel. "I'll have to turn the pinecone into a little necklace later so I can treasure our trust even more big guy... I hope you complete your oath, alright?" She gave a big wide small, revealing her more pronounced canines as a result. Her tail was wiggling around in a rather optimistic and friendly way.

Next to Pollyanna's feet a little field mouse with reddish brown and white splotched fur scurried about, it stopped and curiously sniffed her. She noticed the little rodent and scooped it up, the critter not paying any mind to her, clearly lacking fear of the Loreon. Although it was a diseased vermin, the mouse was surprisingly healthy and not of any harm. It decided it would crawl up on Pollyanna's shoulder and just sit there, chilling out.

"So if I might ask out of curiosity, what were you three doing out here carving into the stones for?" She turned to Pyt and Manei, curious about the standing stones as a whole.

"Protection stones. That little guy should start feeling a whole lot better if he moves in this side of the stones. Endtropy's subtle corruption of our world is growing more pronounced the closer he gets... the more this world falls out of balance. But we have to keep this place safe... though sooner rather than later even these defenses will be overwhelmed..."

Pyt withdrew his sword, only to use it to point to the trees on the far side of the stone. They looked sick. More sick. The trees on their side had evidence of sickness but they looked to be recovering; or at least doing better.

Manei dug her hand into the stone, digging out a pocket and tossing a handful of molten magma aside. Hyuna jumped in surprise, scrambling away as some grass caught fire. She withdrew a dreamcatcher from her coat and snapped the gem off. Some monster was violently thrashing about inside. She slipped the stone into the still-cooling hole before carefully filling it back in.

"We've learned to draw on the energy the energy of vengeful and tumultuous souls to power our defense matrix, using the philosophers stone on the dreamcatcher as a vessel for a soul. Its a much weaker form of the same incantation that was used to form the stars.... That's why we cant just put one over the whole world..."

"Huh. So let me get this straight, much like the stars back in my home universe, yours also contains the very lifeforce or rather essence of another being inside as well..." Pollyanna looked at them curiously, something about this felt familiar to her. The idea of powerful entities sleeping within stars, their energies boiling and mixing inside, pushing out the lifeforce that prevents the inevitable decay; a form of universal balance if you will.

"In my world... Each of the stars host a celestial being inside of them. They are known as the Starlight Entities and are spoken fondly of in Mitheos. It is stated in legend that they were placed there by the Idols as a means to defend our skies from the ever encroaching decay of darkness and to fill our world with life. The Starlight Entities are said to be the culmination of life as a whole... rather similar principle don't you think?" The mouse atop her shoulders hopped onto the ground and scurried off into the distance.

"Uhm..." Pyt froze for a moment. "Y...yes actually sounds like exactly the same things just by different names. Of course its difficult to be sure, but it sounds like endtropy is bearing down on your reality as well, though it might have made less progress."

The group was leading them along the edge of the property, showing Pollyanna the old crumbling concrete hydro dam. Instead of crossing the stepping stones they crossed the river further upstream at the old hydro dam. It was only about two stories tall and a dozen meters wide, with a single quaint building housing a rusted out turbine. Apparently the dam had been used to power the estate way back in the day and control the water for irrigation. Runoff from the lake spilling out through an overflow bypass that had rusted into the open position.

There were more nightshade bushes that had sprouted up along the old turbine shed. They looked to be in better health too; albeit mixed in with a heap of poison ivy which had practically devoured the half-collapsed building.

"Eh. Not all of Mitheos is correct, and as far as I'm aware, there is no equivalent to Endtropy in our religion anyways. Though who knows, perhaps because our worlds are finally colliding, that thing may very well make it's way over." Pollyanna spoke intermittently while walking along with the group. She placed a hand against the old crumbling hydro dam, sweeping vines out of the way and revealing a bit of wet moss growing on the side.

The sheer state of the buildings around made Pollyanna a bit bummed out, the disrepair and broken nature of the local flora made her disappointed even more. "Shame things got to be this way. It's not like living back home where things look so much nicer." She stated while plucking a handful of forage from the local bushes and trees which bore them. Finding a mix of healthy looking cattails, mulberry, nightshade, currant, honeysuckle, shrooms, dandelions, moss, walnuts, seeds, and even a bit of mint along with some wild onions.

"At least I was able to get a bit of healthy forage. Even found some wild parsnips, how about that." She sighed.

"Wild onions? Walnuts...? I didn't know that much stuff grew out here." Pyt commented. "Though I'm not a plant guy so..."

"This was a farm like... a hundred years ago, so the soil is pretty good. Of course theres still some old seeds kicking around." Taeo reminded.

As they headed back they approached from a different angle, cutting across the field at a diagonal before arriving back in the manor. And none too soon. The dreary overcast and slight rain were slowly turning into a fully fledged storm; mere moments after they found their way inside an torrential monsoon began and lighting began to crash. The clouds churning and swirling, twisting the old squeaky wind vane atop the barn. The storm looked unusual in its structure and ferocity; as there was a great opening in the clouds; like an entire hurricane had been turned on its side and forked lightning arcing about. The conifers rocked in the breeze and the odd deciduous tree dotting the field were similarly abused by howling winds. The manor itself was utterly unyielding however. Despite the intense wind there was not a single creak or draft, and the air was warm and sweet with the smell of baking dough and melted cheese.

"Oh good, you losers finally came back." Raiah commented. "Pizza needs a few more minutes... I want the crust to be extra crispy."

The door opened as two more people scrambled inside through the front door. The larger of the two exchanged hugs.

"Al! Good to see ya!" Andi exclaimed.

"Did you check the weather? I had to close down early if I had any chance of making it up the mountain."

There was a loud crash as lightning struck a tree out front. The kid jumped and screamed at the sudden crash.

"This is my oldest brother, Andi. And my youngest brother; Maxwell." Pyt introduced them to Pollyana. "Andi, Maxwell; this is Pollyanna."

"Wait... did you guys make another magic friend? Why don't you ever make some nice, normal, non-magic friends that can get along with-"

Another crack of thunder caused the boy to jump.

"Al..." Andi began. "Did you remember the bottle of Ahab's ale? I asked you to get."

"No." Alduir said deadpan. Andi looked disappointed until alduir smirked. "I got a whole case. And I think Polly here might like to drink with us, too... Would you like some?"

There was a loud tinkling as an egg timer sounded, and Raiah liberated the pizza from the oven; cheesy topping still bubbling like molten magma as she moved it to the dining table. Isaac was helping by setting the table and laying out everyones drinks as well as some salad and breadsticks for a side dish.

The smell of the pizza hit her the second she stepped inside. "Mm mmm mmmmm." She could sniff it from a mile away and already it seemed appetizing. Quite a time to be alive she thought to herself as she set her cloak on the coatrack, removed her heels, and placed her handful of forage within her satchel then left it by the door.

"Pleasure to meet you both. Andi. Maxwell. I'm Pollyanna Cross. " She smiled and bowed one last time. "I'm from another world... if it isn't evident evident from the tail and feline eyes by now." She gave an amused chuckle, "Sure!" She nodded her agreements to Alduir's request on having drinks together. "Oh forgot something." The moment she took a seat at the table she immediately got right back up and walked back to the door, pulling out a rather big book and some kind of wooden rod with all sorts of golden patterns etched into it, at it's tip was an unusual gemstone unlike anything seen before in the Hunter's World, it was a Prizm, a magickal crystal which could store the daylight from the sunny skies where it can be used to light up the darkness.

"Totally forgot about my book of spells and wand, figured I'd might liven things up even more with a bit of Magick Tricks if you all down for that?" Pollyanna had a rather happily amused grin across her face as she situated herself into a chair, getting more comfortable before grabbing a bite to eat. She set the wand and book aside.

"Hold on wait. You're an Oneiromancer AND some kind of wizard?! Iaiiieeeeeuuuuhmmmnnnmmmmm" Raiah cycled through a menagerie of concerned and conflicted looking faces before glancing into the downstairs study at her father's portrait, contemplating something. The prospect seemed to have made her uneasy all of the sudden.

"Probably not a good idea. Marcus had a no magic rule in the house." Alduir explained.

"That 'rule' was more like a loose guideline, even back then." Khy retorted flatly.

"I mean why was the rule in place?" Raiah asked. "To keep us safe. But at the same time we're safer here than literally anywhere else on the planet, and so hilariously screwed that it doesn't really matter." She continued, glancing across at Pyt, Maxwell and Andi.

"Uhm... I don't think so." Maxwell continued. "Can't we just have a nice normal dinner without any magic tricks? Its bad enough we've got to have the monster sitting at the table-"

Hyuna let out a loud snort and Maxwell stopped talking.

"Andi you're the oldest." Raiah began. "Your call."

"Just because I'm the oldest doesn't mean my opinion is somehow more valid." Andi continued, his six-fingered hand on Raiah's shoulder. "But I for one would be fine with just a normal dinner. Getting to spend time with all of you is magical enough... its so rare that everyones actually home and we have a special guest. No need to make things any more crazy."

"I guess it just depends on what exactly you're planning to do." Khy said, sitting in his chair backwards. "And don't give me that 'Its a surprise' bullshit. Just be real with us, because we strike a delicate balance here between your average joes and your hunters. If theres an even one percent chance someone gets their head and torso turned into an anatomical cube or gets split into 32 tiny duplicates or switches one of my souls with my old roommate from Callighan's I'm probably going to go eat in the upstairs bathroom."

"Witch is a more appropriate term... I know other things such as a handful of hexes as well. Though they're not exactly of use when your worst enemy is a thousand year old Vampyre that knows more counters to magicians than there are stars in the sky. Heheh." Pollyanna's laughter turned to silence as the group chattered amongst one another, she could feel the grief of the Hexos, in fact she could see the very foundation for why magick amongst this household was disregarded so highly by many of them, she understood each and every one of them to a certain degree from the aura alone.

She let out a long drawn out breath before speaking, she looked felt a bit disappointed before bringing herself right back up.

"I may have a satchel of holding, but even I can't fit nor use the tools necessary to pull off such a not only ridiculous but very oddly specific trick there, Taeo. That's something a random street magician without the knowledge nor ability to use magick would do, not me anyways." She took a quick swig of her Ahab's before continuing to speak.

"All I was gonna do is tell some stories and spice things up with a bit of legerdemain, or rather party tricks in simple terms. I used to do this all the time at the table when my kids were just little tykes. It's all very harmless I promise, so don't you guys worry." She snapped then curled her thumb, pointer, and middle fingers together, from it a small white flame sparked out. "Like this here flame, it can't burn or harm anything unless I tell it to... I can also tell it to change color on a whim." First the flame turned red, then orange, then yellow, green, blue, violet, and so on, going through a spectrum of colors.

"Speaking of all this, Alduir, check your left ear won't ya?" The moment Alduir would his left ear, he'd be able to pull out an unlit cigarillo. Pollyanna was clearly getting all giddy at the little magick trick as she took a bite out of her pizza.

Alduir tugged it out before retrieving the crumpled box from his vest pocket to return it to its rightful place. As he did, he took count of how many he had left. She hadn't stolen one of his supply... she hadn't been given the opportunity. Now he had an extra, and it was most certainly not merely a construct of his mind. But he didn't have much of a reaction, such parlor tricks had long since been easily deconstructed by his perception. The only strange part, was of course, where she'd gotten the extra which to his examination was legitimate.

"I feel like theres a lot of practical concealment applications to such parlor tricks that you are overlooking." Khy commented.

"Ooh!" Raiah shouted. "Can you magically hide something in someone's bellybutton?"

"How about you hide something in someone's-" Satri's eyes flashed violet as Alduir snapped his fingers. "-wait what were we talking about?"

"Oh, don't worry, it's simply a magickal copy, it'll de-spawn in a matter of an hour, but before you put away the smokestick there Alduir... Need a light?" She reached over, aiming her pointer finger at Alduir, the tip was glowing red hot as if it was a makeshift lighter of some kind, that part was clear as day. She gave a cheeky smile.

Meanwhile outside, the winds roared and heaved in all directions, lightning shattered the skies as the sounds of a vigorous skeletal mare clad in black leather galloped through the dark soaken woods. The steed came to a screaming halt as the man clad in a long torn white cloak hopped off, his dark brown leathery boots splashing in the cold rainy mud.

The man pulled down his hood, a flash of lightning striking behind him to better reveal a set of grey cat-like eyes and a face full of scars reminiscent of the cracks formed within a clay pot; his skin had barely any color remaining and he possessed long violet hair which flowed within the wind in tandem with his cloak which underneath he wore a simple black uniform with a violet hue, his red gloves representative of the blood on his hands. From his neck hung a single crucifix with three crossbars and made of silver.

". . ." The man sighed as he licked his pair of long vampyric fangs before retracting them both and scooping up a rather familiar looking field mouse. He handled the rodent with care, letting it settle in the palm of his right hand as he retrieved crumbs of bread from a bag hanging loosely on his belt.

“Now now… tell me what you saw, little Templeton? Where is she? Where is Pollyanna?” The mouse was getting impatient, attempting to reach for the succulent grain before finally it sat down and began to speak.

“There’s a place called Hexos Manor about ten miles from these woods, that is where Pollyanna is, Count Valiance. However, I would advise not rushing in, it is clear that the place is well fortified with numerous defensive systems. Such as so called “Singing Stones” which ward off evil much like cold iron does.” Templeton did not speak out loud, but rather uttered a line of squeaks and sniffles, the two were communicating almost telepathically, capable of understanding what one another said perfectly.

“Interesting. I shall reward you for your good work, Templeton. Scout out the area even more and meet me in the next cul-de-sac for another friendly exchange.” He handed the mouse the grain and let him go. The Vampyre stood there, watching his cohort scurry off into the distance to do more business. In the meantime, Deivyd reached into the satchel on his belt and withdrew a small silver locket. It was old, covered in scratches, grime, and burn marks but when he opened it, the inside was still in relatively good condition, albeit faded away.

“I will bring us back, Violette… I promise. All I need are the memories, that’s all. Just hang in there a little longer… okay?” Deivyd mourned, a single bloody tear jetting from his eye and onto the locket’s painting where it smeared against his younger self who was next to a gorgeous woman with red curly hair and charming green eyes… But before he could grieve for the “Violette” he longed to see whole any longer, Deivyd stashed the locket away, hopped on his horse, and headed off towards a small town in the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back