• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Tainted Alliance (OOC)

Characters
Here
Ackbar's supposed to be his childhood idol, not his father. I edited it so it would be easier to tell apart. Should help now that my OC's father has a name.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

In the last post, what exactly is Kallade sensing? If it's meant to be the impending invasion, keep in mind that The Vong cannot be sensed through The Force, since their entire race exists outside of it. Just something to be cognizant of.

holyman1998 holyman1998

I just wanted to preface this with, the post was really good, and I'm really not trying to be a dick when I critique certain things. I'm just trying to keep a sense of continuity going. In this RP, no one knows who the Yuuzhan Vong are, they have never been seen in the galaxy prior to this. I know in the EU their invasion took place roughly 25 ABY...but here I pushed the time line much further along because I didn't want to deal with anymore Skywalkers. You can keep the general jist of your post, just go back and tweak the parts where they mention the Vong by name. Again, please don't take this as I'm being over critiquing asshole, I just want certain things to flow correctly when it comes to continuity. Thanks for understanding dude.

holyman1998 holyman1998

I just wanted to preface this with, the post was really good, and I'm really not trying to be a dick when I critique certain things. I'm just trying to keep a sense of continuity going. In this RP, no one knows who the Yuuzhan Vong are, they have never been seen in the galaxy prior to this. I know in the EU their invasion took place roughly 25 ABY...but here I pushed the time line much further along because I didn't want to deal with anymore Skywalkers. You can keep the general jist of your post, just go back and tweak the parts where they mention the Vong by name. Again, please don't take this as I'm being over critiquing asshole, I just want certain things to flow correctly when it comes to continuity. Thanks for understanding dude.
No problem, I've edited the post as much as I can, though that means I had to drastically cut down the rear admiral's speech.

In the last post, what exactly is Kallade sensing? If it's meant to be the impending invasion, keep in mind that The Vong cannot be sensed through The Force, since their entire race exists outside of it. Just something to be cognizant of.

Yeah I guess I was kind of going for sort of a- sensing the absence of sensing? Kind of the way astrologers detect a black hole by analysing the way things bend around it rather than the black hole itself. It's probably a reach though and I don't mind editing it out if it doesn't feet lorewise.

Yeah I guess I was kind of going for sort of a- sensing the absence of sensing? Kind of the way astrologers detect a black hole by analysing the way things bend around it rather than the black hole itself. It's probably a reach though and I don't mind editing it out if it doesn't feet lorewise.
Oh I get it...ok that's fine I suppose. I just wanted everyone to be aware of how The Vong operated when it came to The Force for future posts. Carry on ;)

that's very reasonable, thank you. I'll try to be more precise about that stuff going forwards though.

nh1 nh1 How do you feel about us catching up to the present maybe with my next post? It feels like the negotiations are sort of reaching a natural conclusion. If you had more stuff in mind that we haven't covered yet I'm totally done to keep going though, I'm really enjoying the scene just wanting to check where we wanna go with it.

Its fine. Honestly I was thinking the same thing. I think this is wrapping up and we've had a great convo. I was going to ask you where you wanted to go next? Not sure what you wanted to do next, but we can on more quests together or we can split up and meet other people. Either way is fine. I'm enjoying our dynamic so I'd be fine continuing it going forward. Maybe we head back to one of our ships and I can transfer over some information or something? (still not sure what your character is going to want from me which is fine).

Supposedly we are supposed to warn our respective factions about the Vong and try to rally some support. In canon the Vong avoided the corporate sector, so the sector honestly pretty much got off scott free but was occupied. Wasn't sure how the Darrian wanted to treat the corporate sector in this timeline. Also, I wasn't sure if Darrian wanted us to go on specific quests or if he had specific story moves he wanted us to make (i think the sith folks are headed toward Korriban). I had thought about talking to some sith eventually but for the moment this thing seems to be working and I have no ic reason to head to Korriban or any place with sith yet.

Basically my character is just doing field work for the sector like a basic intelligence agent and the sector is sort of running on its own (ic my character has some input and control but basically the sector runs itself). So outside of a quick call to my folks I don't have any particular reason to return just yet.

So....yeah...sorry if thats alot. Let me know how this all sounds or if you have any ideas. I'm open to whatever you want to do or whatever Darrian wants to have happen I guess. Thanks for bringing this up. I think there are some fun possibilities here.

nh1 nh1

Yea we're still at a point where everyone is just trying to figure out what in the hell is happening. Tragedis, Mahaliel and Mirabella are heading back to Korriban to try and get some info within the Sith Archives which will contain some answers. I would imagine that with everything happening, Kallade will want to get back to Coruscant where The Jedi and Republic are trying to coordinate a massive defensive armada. At this point The Hutts, with a few exceptions, will be completely annihilated. After the Sith's tryst on Korriban, they may be headed to seek Mandalorian aide. Because they are Sith, The Jedi will be their absolute last option...but they will get there eventually ;)

Honestly for Kallade's part I feel like she will be more or less obligated to try and assist some kind of civilian evacuation or something? Heavy emphasis on try, not succeed. I was sort of thinking of her trying to commandeer a ship and tryying to board one of the Vong vessels to maybe try and slow it down or even turn it one the other? I have no idea how viable that is, if it results in her dying in the opening chapter that would be kind of hilarious. Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel

nh1 nh1 I also think Kallade will ask Collun to assist in the evacuation somehow as well, even if its just loading up whatever ship he flew in on with a couple of random civilians, if he wanted some serious brownie points to cash in later he could try to organize some kind of larger scale evacuation somehow and if he's feeling suicidal he's more than welcome to come along with Kallade she tries to do...whatever she's going to do. If I get her killed with this I'll try and roll up another character with some kind of connection so that our current scene isn't wasted.

Honestly for Kallade's part I feel like she will be more or less obligated to try and assist some kind of civilian evacuation or something? Heavy emphasis on try, not succeed. I was sort of thinking of her trying to commandeer a ship and tryying to board one of the Vong vessels to maybe try and slow it down or even turn it one the other? I have no idea how viable that is, if it results in her dying in the opening chapter that would be kind of hilarious. Darrian_Gabriel Darrian_Gabriel
I mean I honestly wouldn't recommend her trying to take on the Vong herself. She knows virtually nothing about this particular kind of enemy and in the EU the Vong most definitely killed a huge swath of Jedi in the early years of the war, simply because they thought they could defeat the Yuuzhan Vong by using Force based attacks before they finally realized that shit just doesn't work. I mean if that's the direction you wanna take the character, more power to you. Just be aware that it'll most likely get Kallade realy fucking dead, just saying.

yeah that's sort of the feeling I was getting from it. Honestly, if you don't mind me rolling up a new character than I don't really mind her dying from this. It feels like something a jedi should try and do and Kallade, for all her wheeling and dealing and diplomatic ways is still a jedi at heart. It would be cool to roll up a former apprentice of hers trying to avenge her death. Like y'know they would probably be trying to get revenge for her and dealing with a lot of anger and on top of that they would encounter these sith characters and maybe have to work alongside them and I feel like there's a lot of juicy potential there.

Im up for that. I'd be willing to load up some refugees but my life would come first (also I don't think I have to many ideas for another character right now) Anyway, all of that sounds good to me. I could even try to fulfill some promise I made to Kallade if you want me to help out the former apprentice if you want me to. whatever you want though. All of this sounds good.

yeah that's sort of the feeling I was getting from it. Honestly, if you don't mind me rolling up a new character than I don't really mind her dying from this. It feels like something a jedi should try and do and Kallade, for all her wheeling and dealing and diplomatic ways is still a jedi at heart. It would be cool to roll up a former apprentice of hers trying to avenge her death. Like y'know they would probably be trying to get revenge for her and dealing with a lot of anger and on top of that they would encounter these sith characters and maybe have to work alongside them and I feel like there's a lot of juicy potential there.
Yea go for it dude. I'd be fine with a new character.

nh1 nh1

I would love that honestly, she'll probably give him a message to pass on, not sure yet, something quite personal, then they can meet and develop their relationship from that point. The former apprentice will probably feel some sense of obligation towards any arrangements Kallade made so they'd be up to keep in touch with Collun and help him out or be helped or however things shake out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back