• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Rising Tide [closed]

Kylo was not a convincing liar, too hasty to claim he wasn’t upset, and offer up some pithy excuse of focus on the mission. Even if he did offer the caveat of being happy she was there, as he kept his eyes off of her and on the ship. ‘Rude.’ As amusing as his attempts to not be impacted by her attire and her presence were, it was also rude.

“No?” Myka asked, but didn’t leave him time to answer, “Then I suppose you won’t be upset if I want to spend my next evening with FN-2187, will you?” He would be upset with that, of course, and Myka knew it. It was why she asked. “After all, I imagine Phasma has him occupied for most of the day.”

She wanted Kylo to admit it.

To remember her small instructions of going after what he actually wanted.

A silent mouth wasn’t fed, after all, and Kylo wouldn’t learn to chase what he desired, if he never made it known. Particularly, where other people were concerned, and if he was chasing leadership of the Order, he would have to make that known one day. It wouldn’t just fall into his lap.

~***~

Poe scrunched his nose, “Ew,” he hated thinking they had anything in common with the Order, “I always thought it was more like…nutritional paste and ration bars with the Order, not actual food,” which, thankfully, this stuff still was as he cut a bit of his bird up to eat. It wasn’t as flavorful as it could be, though they’d at least figured out some of the local plants could be used as spices.

It needed more.

He wouldn’t dwell on that, as he considered where his favorite place was, “I’m going to guess space doesn’t count, right?” though Poe couldn’t deny that he really did prefer space to ground, and enjoyed being up in the air, flying his own ship, more than anything else. “I guess if I have to pick a planet, I’d probably pick Chandrila,” he said.

He somehow thought it was a typical answer.

“It’s got all the amenities of a place like Coruscant, but still preserves its nature. Plus, most of the people there are of similar mindsets to me, so that’s a plus,” well, people did help make up a world and whether he liked it or not, they created the atmosphere, after all. “It’s generally laid back when there isn’t a war going on, too.”

Though its people were ready. They’d been the target of the Second Death Star – they knew to be ready. "You been that way yet?"

At the subtle threat, Kylo spared a glance over at Myka. He was not pleased with what she had suggested, and through his jealousy over the suggestion, he felt his muscles tensing with the sudden slow rise of simmering anger.

She was right, he would be upset, but if it was to only train FN-2187, then how angry could he really be? It would be for the better of the First Order.

“If you visit beforehand, then maybe I won’t be as upset by that idea,” he offered, his voice steady for the moment.

Kylo shuddered at the idea of why he would be jealous over this whole situation. He was not jealous. That implied something more, but there were no feelings involved. She was a Sith. He was preoccupied with something much greater.

But regardless of what he told himself, yes, he was still upset with what Myka said, which was ridiculous. These thoughts Kylo pondered on more as he brought the ship into lightspeed.

“Though if this is the agreement you and Captain Phasma come to, then so be it.”

~~~

Azra scrunched her nose at Poe’s assumption and shook her head. No, they didn’t eat nutritional paste and ration bars, although she knew that the Stormtroopers were used to eating that, as well as what was in the cafeteria. She was happy she never had to taste those paste and bars.

And traveling had certainly spoiled her to more flavors, she mused as she took a bite of the chicken. It wasn’t the most bland thing she had ever eaten, and she knew better than to complain about free food.

“No, space doesn’t count,” Azra chuckled, not surprised in the least by that response. Poe mentioned how he enjoyed Chandrila, and the reason he gave seemed sensible enough. She imagined he would like something less populated than Chandrila, but then again, he seemed like the type to enjoy being around others. Kind of like her.

“You could say I’ve been that way before. I spent the first ten years of my life on Chandrila,” Azra stated, before taking another bite of the flavorless chicken. “But if you meant more recently? Yeah, I’ve been there a few times. Once for my own personal reasons, and then again later for my articles.”

Kylo’s jealousy was obvious. His anger. His frustration. Even without the Force, Myka would have seen it in the tightening of his muscles and the thinning of his lips as that tightness registered in his jaw. Did he confess it? No, of course not, and with that lack, so, too, went Myka’s early recollections of mercy.

Even if it may have been for the best, for their future, for her future with the Stormtrooper, spite was still far too strong.

“I suppose we’ll have to see how times and schedules work out, but I will make Phasma aware that evenings are acceptable,” Myka said simply, with no intent of making suggestions to Phasma that would be in favor of placating Kylo Ren. She could have, no doubt, tried to make Phasma work a bit with such a thing, for the sake of Kylo Ren’s mood.

Now?

Well, now it seemed she’d be nicer to Phasma and her schedule instead. Kylo would just have to suffer, sulk, and seethe for a while since he was unwilling to admit he wanted more of her time, and Myka would find herself easily distracted from caring by all the other things she got involved in.

She knew herself.

This wasn’t yet anything to her.

~***~

“You weren’t with—aaaah—your dad the whole time?” Poe stopped himself short of saying ‘the Order’ when he asked Azra about where she’d been. He had assumed that even with her mom, she’d been on spacecraft with the Order. Her upbringing had been away from it? And in Chandrila?

That just confused him more.

She should have seen more about the galaxy during that time to know the First Order was lying – or at least, Poe thought as much, from all his visits to Chandrila. Nowhere in the galaxy was as peaceful, or as willing to talk about the atrocities of the Empire.

“Huh. I just assumed you were,” he shook his head, dismissing it, “How do you like Chandrila, then?” She had her personal reasons, and business reasons, to go there, but that didn’t say much as to whether or not she actually liked the planet. He rather hoped that she did, though. It’d be nice to go back to it with her, learn her history there, too.

Myka made no further attempt to sway from her idea of evenings with the Stormtrooper. Evenings that could be spent in far more pleasant circumstances. And of course, there was always after the training sessions. Kylo doubted that Myka would be tired after them.

FN-2187, on the other hand, is a different story, though maybe his trooper training would help with that endurance he would need.

Kylo didn’t speak for a few moments, as he stewed in his jealousy, but eventually, he did relax some. Only some. And then did he refocus back on Myka. “Do you dress like that when you know you’re going into battle?” he asked, motioning to the two pieces of fabric that somehow passed as clothing.

More like underwear.

“Do you hope to distract your opponent with the skin you flash them?” It certainly would prove a sight, having to battle a woman in a bikini. And then losing to said woman at the other end of her saber.

~~~

Azra quirked one eyebrow, a slight bemused expression settling over her face. “You make a lot of assumptions about me, don’t you?” She supposed it came with the territory of coming from First Order, and he from the Resistance. She had her own assumptions of Poe, though she bit her tongue of asking all of them.

And some he had answered without her ever having to say anything.

“But no, my dad was in and out of my earlier years for reasons I’m sure you can figure out.” Helping the cultivation of the First Order in the Unknown Regions. “Long story short, it was an agreement between my parents, and no, no one knew what my father did, and yes, he hated any time he spent on Chandrila.” All for very obvious reasons, and to protect her mother’s career.

Little Zahra didn’t think anything of her situation as a child. Surely her parents could do no wrong, and did what was best.

Little Zahra was very naive.

“I have no bad memory of Chandrila, and Hanna City seemed pleasant enough when I was there not long ago.” Azra shrugged.

When Myka snapped out of his stewing and seething, it was to bring attention to her attire. Apparently, he was not yet used to how she dressed. Still. “This outfit in particular? No, I wear this to beaches, or pools, or anywhere with water,” Myka answered, “If you mean outfits this revealing or moreso,” he probably wondered how they could be moreso, “then yes, if I know it may bother my opponent.”

Which, with Kylo Ren, she knew it would for a bit longer. He may one day become more immune to the effects, and Myka had actual armor, but it wasn’t her favorite thing. It was needlessly heavy and annoying. She could work in it, of course, but that didn’t mean she liked it.

“It does work. I am certain you haven’t forgotten our own sparring session,” she had taken advantage of a cut to her own attire, and it had put Kylo off his guard. “You ought to consider it more yourself. You have all the right assets,” she knew that only too well, now. Alas, he hid them with his stupid high-rise pants, and that terribly un-form fitting shirt.

It really should be a crime.

~***~

Poe gave a slight shrug at the statement. He did make plenty of assumptions, but he didn’t think he was treating her poorly for any of them. He also knew she’d made plenty of assumptions about the Resistance. Terex certainly made that clear when they had that irksome run-in with him at Takodana.

It was interesting how her father had tried to split his time between a home life, and the First Order. It made Poe wonder a little about him, and why he wouldn’t want to take his wife along with him, if only for safety reasons. Clearly, there were journalistic positions within the First Order.

Had she agreed with the Order?

‘I don’t buy that she didn’t know.’ Not if the man had been in the Empire.

Perhaps not the extent of it all, but…she had to know something.

He’d never get to know, of course. Her mother was gone, so all that mattered, really, was that Azra hadn’t known. “We’ll have to go there again someday. I’d like to see Chandrila from another perspective. Maybe you can teach me something – I didn’t grow up there, after all.”

“Moreso…” he muttered outloud unwittingly. He had only wanted to ponder about any other outfits more revealing than her current one inwardly, but Myka was no fool. She knew what he was thinking.

But, kriff, what could be more revealing than that? Without becoming completely indecent to most societies?

She had a point though. They distracted her opponent, just like how traditional Jedi robes were meant to distract with the flowing fabrics, her outfits meant to distract by appealing to one’s most innate urges.

“Oh I haven’t forgotten,” he mumbled, recalling the image of Myka bare from the waist up. Then he further recalled later that evening, when he saw the rest of her. A glorious defeat if there ever was one. “I think I’ll stick to my own clothes though.”

He liked being covered in the thick fabrics. They were in of themselves a form of armor, though he rarely needed the extra defense, not with the Force in play. “I would rather not take up a wardrobe like yours.”

~~~

“You want us to go to Chandrila together?” Azra asked before she could stop herself, and then a faint blush painted her cheeks at the realization that Poe wanted to spend more time with her.

Azra looked down at her food in an attempt to hide that blush. “Yeah, that sounds good. I can show you some places I frequented as a child.” Like the opera house, and several different museums. And of course, there are some more child appropriate locations like some parks she and her sister played at.

She looked back up at Poe when she felt the blush finally fade. “Where did you grow up?” She knew his parents were part of the Rebellion, and given how old she thought Poe was, he would’ve been born near the end of the war, while his parents were still fighting in the Rebellion.

That had to have been an interesting childhood.

Kylo’s thoughts went exactly where expected at the comment of ‘moreso’, and Myka just grinned at it, watching him turn it over in his head even as he continued on with other commentary about attire. He still seemed to deny the possibility of taking anything like hers on, though. “I’m sure we could find a way to work a bandeau around your chest, though,” Myka teasingly encouraged, leaning over from her seat to place a finger to his chest, and attempt to sketch the idea over his shirt.

So long as he didn’t stop her.

He did seem in a mood, again.

Moods were probably more the norm with him, though. Something to work on, “Or at least something with a deeper V-cut down the front, or an open coat, jacket…something,” and then pants that were open on a side, or laced up, or a skirt. He could certainly rock a skirt. And it had to hang very low.

People deserved to see his hips.

~***~

‘I did say I still wanted you around, no matter, didn’t I?’ Azra’s flush wasn’t lost on him, and though he might kick himself for referring to it as a friendship, at least she was still thinking in other ways. He didn’t want to put too much pressure on it all with her new arrival here. Or make her question how much of this she was doing for herself, and how much she was doing for, well, him.

That probably wasn’t in question now, which was how it ought to be.

She should be here, because she wanted to be.

“Yeah, I think it could be fun, I’ve only ever visited so I’ve never had the full Chandrila experience,” Poe stated, not at all bothered about seeing places she knew as a kid. It could be fun! “I grew up on Yavin-4. My dad still lives there, along with a lot of former Rebel Alliance vets,” he said, “There’s not too much there, no skyscrapers or large cities, really. It’s kept a lot of its natural features.”

Kylo had been too far into his thoughts to notice the wandering finger until it made contact with his chest. He glanced down at her hand at the same time he moved a hand over hers to stop it, but he didn’t lower it back to her side just yet.

He had her hand in his grasp for now.

“What I’m wearing is fine. I am certainly not taking fashion advice from you.” Stars know what else she would have in mind for his outfit. All the scandalous glances he would receive on the ship.

What even Snoke would say. If he’s still alive at that point. Hopefully not much longer.

Kylo let go of Myka’s hand, but he didn’t push it away. “I’m not exactly worried about fashion.”

~~~

The idea of an excuse to spend more time with Poe pleased Azra far more than she realized in the moment. She greatly enjoyed his presence, and that of his droid’s as well. Even if it was just friendship. Did she wish for more?

Azra grinned, nodding in her agreement. “And I’ve never been to Yavin-4, probably for obvious reasons.” The planet that held the former rebel base didn’t exactly have a great reputation amongst former Imperials. “So how about if I show you Chandrila, you show me Yavin-4?”

Even if he said there wasn’t much there, she imagined the planet’s natural features were beautiful, and she could get a tour from someone who lived there.

Maybe even in an X-Wing.

No, Azra quickly shook that idea from her head.

Yup, Kylo was in a mood. Well, it wasn’t a terrible one, but it was annoying. Of course he wasn’t interested in fashion for himself. Myka had known that, and she let her hand lower to his upper arm when he let her hand go, not giving up contact attempts for the moment.

“Then why do you keep asking me about it?” Myka mused, “Do you really think I’m worried about fashion, Ren? You know what this attire is good for, you’ve seen me use such tricks, too.” There was no reason for him to continue to ask and wonder about her clothing, he understood it.

He knew very well that she was aware of the use of her clothes. He knew it was intentional. And yet, he still had questions about it?

No, that didn’t seem truly right. “Does it bother you that I enjoy my attire and the reactions?” Perhaps that was it, harking back to his jealousy and worries he might have associated with that jealousy.

~***~

Poe chuckled, “Hey, for all I know, you went there for those obvious reasons when you were busy on your journalistic journey. It would have made sense,” although perhaps she would have been more concerned about being found out amongst a bunch of veterans from the Rebel Alliance. There would have been a lot for her to learn from them, though.

“I think I can agree to that arrangement,” he said, “I’ll probably have to go out to one of those places at some point, anyways,” whether to ask someone from Yavin-4 to help, or petition the senator of Chandrila to once again speak out against the Order and vouch for Leia’s actions.

To prepare them for war.

At least Chandrila’s senator was still friendly to Leia. Not all of them were, anymore, thanks to Carise Sindian blabbing about who Leia’s birth father was. Vader wasn’t her real father. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Kylo huffed at her wandering hand, but he wouldn’t push it away. He couldn’t find it in himself to do so, despite the lingering irritation. “Because it still seems so impractical and inconvenient,” he gruffed. And he didn’t want to admit how much of an effect it had on him.

Though he had a suspicion that Myka already knew that, given how their sparring match went.

No, it did not bother him that she enjoyed her attire. Not at all. Okay, so maybe it was the reactions she would receive that bothered him, but it was hardly acceptable to punch every person who took a second glance at her and her scandalous attire.

“No, it does not bother me,” he huffed, directing his gaze back to the viewport. “Though the same can’t be said for everyone else on the Finalizer.”

~~~

Azra chuckled and shrugged. “And maybe I will eventually go there for those obvious reasons if we go together.” Poe would give her that push of courage she needed to face the veterans of the old Rebel Alliance.

Right now, she wouldn’t want to face them alone and have them figure out who she was. Who she once worked with, despite the Empire’s past. Having Poe there would be a lot of help.

“Good, then that sounds like a plan.” But when would that trip take place? Azra hardly imagined it would be anytime soon, unless a mission did send them that way.

“So, if I do join, what is it you think I would be doing?” They hadn’t discussed that yet, and Leia hadn’t mentioned anything of what Azra would do if she did join. She would rather not work with propaganda again, yet what better way to help the Resistance than with their recruitment numbers as well as tarnishing the image of the First Order?

It bothered Kylo, in the ways Myka wanted it to bother him, even if he was loathed to admit it. Just as he was loathed to admit he wanted much of anything at all, or more, from her. When he very obviously did. What he did admit was that it bothered other people, and Myka’s grin became feline.

“I know.”

Of course she did. How could she not notice the way eyes wandered, or the feelings it aroused in others, “They’d be scandalized by a bare knee,” which made it all the better, really, that they were instead overwhelmed by so much more than just a bare knee. “They have a lot of growing up to do, but I’m certain one day this won’t be so much of a bother to them.”

Which meant she wasn’t changing.

Kylo Ren was going to have to deal with how many other people looked at her. How they looked at her. Just as he’d no doubt have to deal with it on this mission and planet, around people who weren’t a part of his usual Order, who he couldn’t command in the usual fashion, or intimidate.

It would be fun.

~***~

Poe shook his head as Azra wondered what she’d be doing. He didn’t know, “It’s obvious you have journalistic skills, but that’s not always what’s needed.” Poe had plenty of skills himself, but they weren’t all useful all the time. “Leia will probably have something in mind. Probably not as bad as scrubbing toilets, but…well, I can’t promise it won’t be mundane.”

A Rebellion still needed clean laundry and food.

It still needed fueled ships, and clean hangars.

No one wanted to do it, but even Poe had his shifts with such things, and Azra was yet to be placed in any group, or set with any typical role. Odds were more in favor of the mundane over the exciting, and Poe knew it. It would also be a way of proving herself, though.

Hanging through the mundane, proving she cared about the Resistance and understood what it meant – lasting through that, and not just seeking glory or excitement, would likely lead to her going on other missions that would be more to her talents, or Leia knowing what those talents were so she could assign Azra properly.

One day this won’t be so much of a bother to them.

Kylo caught that, and he inwardly groaned at the implications. She wasn’t changing the way she dressed. She thrived off of the attention she received, regardless of what sort of attention she attracted. “Of course you know,” he grumbled.

This only meant he would endeavor to not allow himself to be distracted by a flash of skin. Perhaps he would even grow used to it, as Myka continued to challenge what she could wear on the Finalizer.

All at the same time, he really did want to imagine the scandalized look on General Hux’s face at Myka’s attire. “We shall see about that.” In the meantime, he would have to keep an eye on his own clothes. He was convinced that Myka would replace them when he wasn’t looking with something she found appropriate.

Which meant not appropriate at all.

But for now, he’ll have to deal with what she was wearing while they were on Pilio. Maybe Myka would even regret it, depending on the climate.

Kylo focused back on the panel before him. ”We’ll be leaving hyperspace in just a few minutes,” he warned. And soon he would hopefully find Lor San Tekka, or able to take a step closer to the old man.

~~~

Azra pouted as Poe told her she would most likely be doing something mundane, but she wouldn’t complain. Not after everything they’ve done for her, when they could have easily sent her away, or worse, thrown her in a cell for her past.

But Azra had never done a mundane job, such as cleaning or fueling ships, before. And that wasn’t something she would admit to Poe.

With her fork Azra absentmindedly fiddled with what was left of her chicken, no longer hungry enough to finish her meal. “I’m not surprised. Gotta start somewhere and work my way up, right?” she chuckled. There hadn’t been much working her way up in the Order.

As with the case for others, her familial connections allow an easy entrance into their propaganda department

Oh kriff, she didn’t want to admit to not having washed dishes before.

Yes, yes they would see about that. Myka hoped in many ways that this would end up with them scandalized for a while. She didn’t want them to get used to it, but they always did. Even Kylo would end up used to it, one day. That would be a sad day, but she expected it to happen. He also had to ‘grow up’ a bit, with regards to that.

And he’d seen so much more of her already.

‘A few minutes is really all we need….’

She let her hand trail down his arm and leave him.

Myka would refrain from saying it, tempting as it was to consider how Kylo might respond to the implications. If he was getting better at understanding them. “Good, I’m looking forward to being on a planet again,” she really did prefer planetside to starships. Starships were just so sterile, and the air was so chilled.

She wanted planets again!

Normal air!

~***~

Poe chuckled a bit, “Yeah, pretty much,” he agreed, “or it’s used as punishment for people like me,” he shook his head, “or Suralinda, when she first got here,” since her intentions had been less than pure. She still went about it, not happily, but she did and that was what mattered in the end.

She showed her resolve.

“And now she’s a part of Black Squadron, so you see how it can work out,” he tipped his own fork absently as he gestured, “What do you think you’d actually like to do, though?” He figured it would still be in line with propaganda, or journalistic endeavors, but he wondered what she saw as an option among them.

What she thought could actually help them out a bit more. Besides a pin-up calendar of him, or something to that effect, of course. Not that he’d argue.

His gaze followed Myka’s hand as her touch left him, but he wouldn’t let it linger. He wouldn’t allow himself to show how he yearned for more of that touch. Kylo needed to refocus for the mission ahead.

If he was lucky, they could resume that later.

“Have you spent much time on a ship before?” She certainly seemed...curious to learn much about them, or at least about the Finalizer, which made sense. It was a large ship, that many still had to use maps if they were venturing into areas they didn’t normally visit.

But Myka was also still trying to learn about the First Order as well as learning her way around the ship.

“What will you do if the planet ends up being cold?” he had to ask, as he glanced at her outfit once more. Could it even be called an outfit? Kylo didn’t think so. It looked like she was planning on going to a resort, and Pillio was definitely not that.

~~~

“I-I’m not sure,” Azra shrugged. “I guess I haven’t really had a chance to think about it. I know I don’t want to get into propaganda again, at least not like I was before.” She didn’t want to lie again, or be tricked into lying. “Though I am willing to help with recruitment, if needed.”

Like the mention of pinup posters. Those would work, she was convinced.

“Maybe doing the mundane jobs won’t be such a bad idea, so I can use that time to learn more about the Resistance, and how I can better contribute.” Still most of what she knew of them stemmed from old biases that she endeavored to erase from her mind. Slowly but surely.

But she still remained so uncertain and unsure about many things.

More questions about her attire. Myka almost laughed as he remained obsessed with it. ‘All right then, Ren.’ She could make this worse for him if he wanted to keep at this line of questioning. “I haven’t spent much time on ships,” she said, shaking her head, “They are annoyingly cold, though.”

Which it seemed the planet they were going to, might be. Oh well.

“You haven’t had to spend much time in the wild, have you?” Myka asked, while reaching up to pull at her bikini top a bit, near the center of it, as if it needed adjusting. It didn’t, she just wanted to bother Kylo, and he remained too easy to bother.

She let it fall back into place, and smoothed her hands over the translucent sarong. “You can use the Force to stay warm – to even cool down,” she told him. “To stay warm, my master called it Tapas.” She explained, “It’s just using the Force to retain body heat, it’s not that difficult,” at least, it wasn’t to her, but then again, she had learned it of necessity.

~***~

“Yeah, that’s fair. We wouldn’t really want to send you out to go lying to the galaxy about what we’re doing, anyways,” Poe noted. No matter what, propaganda for them wasn’t of that nature. Suralinda sometimes struggled with it, too, but she always found ways to make things prettier than they actually were.

Or at least, show how bad the First Order was. She was good at scandalizing that, without lying. It’s not like it was hard, though.

“I guess you’ll get it figured out a bit once you see more of what’s around here. And there’s no better way than mopping!” Poe joked, though it also wasn’t really a joke. Mopping did let one see most of the buildings and run across all sorts of people. Not to mention it was a good way to eavesdrop, though General Organa did not approve of him doing that when he had mopping duty.

He was pretty sure everyone did it, though.

The woman was purposefully being distracting yet again. Kylo huffed, eyes flicking to her torso as she fiddled at her top, before he forced himself to look forward again.

“I’ve spent enough time in the wild.” He didn’t get cold easily, or he was always dressed with enough layers to ward off the cold. Using the Force in such a way, while he knew of the practice, was something that hadn’t proved necessary yet for him.

Before he could say something more, potentially stupid, the ship left hyperspeed, and the water planet loomed before them. He threw another glance at Myka, at her state of undress, before he turned on the comms. “This is Commander Ren.”

He needn’t say anything else before someone swiftly responded. “Commander Ren!” The person sounded as if they were shocked by the arrival. “Of course, sir. Hangar Eight is cleared for your arrival.”

Kylo said nothing more, turning off the comms and flying down to the planet.

~~~

Mopping? Kriff, I’ve never even held a mop before.

Poe didn’t need to know that. She would grin and bear it, and hope no one would watch her first mopping job. Or whatever assignment they task her with.

Still, she chuckled. “Heh, I guess I will.” This time she didn't bother to make her words vague, or to correct Poe on his. No more if’s. It seemed pretty obvious that she was joining them.

She pushed her tray away, finally deciding she was done eating for now. “So what’s on the agenda after this? Going to show me more of the base?” There was still so much to see. “Wait, do I have a place to sleep? Or will I sleep on my ship?”

Well, at least the planet was expecting them. Myka hadn’t been sure if that would truly be the case, and she wondered what it meant for their target of Lor San Tekka. The voice on the other side didn’t sound relieved. ‘Probably no good news.’ Myka adjusted her posture, drawing her legs up and underneath her as she leaned towards the wide viewport to get a look at the planet as they approached.

‘The Force is strong here.’

She did not say as much to Kylo. It was not an individual, but the area itself. ‘What were you, before?’ She wondered, trying to feel it out. It wasn’t tied to the dark side of the Force, that much was obvious. Had this been something with the Jedi, then?

The planet itself didn’t seem heavily populated. The waters were green, coral obvious beneath them, but other than that, civilized life didn’t look as if it had taken hold. That didn’t rule out either Jedi or Sith influences, but it certainly kept her wandering, all the same.

“Was Pillio anything to the Jedi?” Kylo at least knew some of their history, better than she did. She knew of no ties to Pillio, for the Sith.

~***~

Poe noticed the change in phrasing, too. He wouldn’t comment on it, in case Azra hadn’t noticed it, but he did feel some glee towards it. “Yeah, I can give you a tour, now that you’ve had something to eat,” he agreed, and rose from his own seat. He took up both of their plates to take to get washed up, “There’s not too much to see, but it’ll still help you get oriented.”

They were a bunch of buildings packed together, on a long landing pad, in the middle of nowhere. There couldn’t be much, by definition.

They really needed to expand more, and onto other planets.

Problems for later.

“As for that…well, do you want to share a room with like, three other people?” Poe asked. “We don’t really have any single rooms left,” that wasn’t a lie, the issue of a small base meant a lot of sharing. More than anyone really wanted to share. “Might be best to stick to your ship if you want your own room and all your things to be locked up safely. Not that we have thieves but…well,” he shrugged, “you know how people can be.”

Even if they meant well. Things still got broken, food still got eaten.

It was how it always was, living with other people in a chaotic and small environment. “C’mon,” he still gestured her along to follow him.

Focused on piloting the ship down to the surface, Kylo didn’t acknowledge Myka’s question at first. “Hmm?” It didn’t process at first, but immediately after he remembered what she had asked. “No, it wasn’t anything to the Jedi.” Not that he knew, at least.

Maybe far, far in the past.

Kylo felt some semblance of what he assumed Myka was feeling in the moment as well. It was faint, to him at least, but the Force was there. Maybe there was something there he didn’t know? Maybe a Jedi had been there recently? Luke Skywalker?

“I do know at one point in the past, there was an observatory on Pillio that once belonged to Emperor Palpatine,” he explained as he landed the ship. “What is it that you think you are sensing?” He felt her reach out, to try and analyze the mysterious presence.

Depending on how their mission went, if it was something of importance, they would be able to check it out.

~~~

“A personal tour from Poe Dameron,” Azra said as she stood from the table, “I feel so honored.” She grinned with her jest, even if she was happy to get to spend more time with Poe, despite the fact that apparently there wasn’t much to see of the Resistance.

It worried her, how little there seemed to be of them, compared to the might of the First Order that only lurked in the shadows for now. They wouldn’t stay there for very long. Was the Resistance relying on the help of the New Republic?

She sure hoped not.

Poe’s answer to her inquiry into housing was not one she was pleased with. Azra scrunched her face and shook her head. “I would prefer to not share a room.” Aside from the fact she liked her privacy, sharing a room increased the risk of someone discovering who she was before. “Alright, I guess I’ll stick to my ship for now.”

Azra had hoped for an actual room, but she wouldn’t complain. She wouldn’t have to worry about sharing a bathroom on her ship. The positive side.

She followed beside Poe. “Just make sure I don’t get too lonely in there.”

‘Aaaah.’ Palpatine must have built his observatory here for a reason. He must have felt this, too, whatever it was. Myka shook her head at Kylo’s question, not a denial, but a way to try and clear her head and formulate an answer.

“I merely feel a strong presence in the Force. It does not seem particularly isolated, so I presume the planet has a nexus of power on it. Usually, that would be a place a Jedi, a Sith, or some other faction would take note of and claim, with a temple or something else.” It was why Coruscant had such a thing, and other, odd planets, after all.

Why Dathomir was so powerful, and the Nightsisters when they were upon it.

“If Palpatine took note of it, then that is enough confirmation,” Myka said as she leaned back in her seat, “it must have been overlooked by others,” or he removed them entirely, along with the memory of their existence and claims to whatever was on the planet.

~***~

Poe was not at all surprised by Azra’s answer as he led the way out of the cafeteria, once he’d taken their dishes to get cleaned, “Yeah, I didn’t figure you’d be that interested in bunking up with someone,” he wouldn’t be so inclined in her position, secrets to hide or not. Even he had to share, though he at least shared with others of Black Squadron.

That’s usually how it was. Those who worked together more closely, shared.

“I certainly wouldn’t mind coming back to your ship again,” he said, giving a cheeky smile, “Though I still want the top bunk.” They made it outside, and Poe gave a wide gesture out around them, “All this space here, is pretty much our hangar and landing pad. We do a lot of repair work out here, and we have a few ships that aren’t single-pilots.”

Those were at least in sight. “C’mon,” he turned from the hangar, towards another building, “I’ll show you the main barracks, and bathing spaces, in case you ever feel a need to use what’s here,” her refresher wasn’t the roomiest. Not that these were, but they were larger than what she had, even given the public space.

At least the individual stall doors all locked.

He could also at least show her which room he was in.

Kylo hummed at Myka’s response, not completely disregarding it. Just...setting it aside for now, on the back burner of his mind, while he dealt with the current issue at hand. Maybe there was more to Pillio than he thought.

A true reason for why Palpatine would build an observatory on the watery planet.

Whatever it was may prove beneficial in the future.

For now, Kylo stood and moved to the ramp as it lowered, where he was greeted by an officer at the other end. “C-commander Ren!” he stuttered, unnerved by the infamous man’s presence at their base.

Kylo raised an unamused brow. “I can tell you have something you need to say. Say it.”

The officer nodded and cleared his throat. “We’ve recently captured Del Meeko.”

He didn’t need to say more as Kylo’s face perked up. “Take me to him immediately. I wish to...have a talk with Del Meeko.”

~~~

Azra scoffed and rolled her eyes at Poe’s demand for her top bunk - but all in good fun. And she wouldn’t comment on the implication of Poe expressing his desire to spend another night with her on her ship. “I’ll be sure to keep it clean for you then.”

She didn’t mind being on the bottom anyways.

Azra glanced around the hangar as Poe gestured about it, biting back any retort she had about the size. It scared her a little, seeing how little they had in comparison to the First Order.

They needed to grow, and fast.

But first, the tour. And Azra would make note of where the bathing spaces were located. While her own provided much needed privacy, a larger space would be nice on occasion.

“It doesn’t seem like it would be that hard to navigate around this base,” she remarked.

Myka followed behind Kylo, noting the officer’s nervousness as he offered Kylo the news of some Del Meeko being captured. Myka didn’t know this figure, and knew that asking wouldn’t help too much. She knew that he must be connected to this Lor San Tekka issue, and so she would follow along after Kylo.

The planet was a bit colder than it had any right to be, though.

She didn’t shiver or show it, she didn’t at all regret her choice of attire for the planet.

The Officer did glance back to Myka a few times as she followed, and finally asked, “Er, Commander, should she be coming along to Del Meeko, as well?” Apparently he considered it something of a classified thing.

Myka wouldn’t interject; Kylo was the one in charge here with the Order’s business.

And he knew what happened when she was left unattended.

~***~

“It really isn’t,” Poe said, “once you get used to it,” he knew Imperial bases were all organized in the same fashion. Rebel bases didn’t have that luxury, but one did get used to them, eventually. They used to have much larger bases than this, but Leia didn’t want to use any of the known, old Rebel Alliance bases.

And they didn’t exactly have the numbers to fill a place like Yavin-4 any longer, either.

The threat of the First Order wasn’t widely accepted in the galaxy.

From the cantina, he took her towards one of the barracks, built into one of the hills like many of the other buildings, with a downwards slope. They weren’t as hidden as they could be from a low level, what with the satellites sticking out of them, but from high up they were hard to notice. “This is the main barracks for our starfighter pilots and bombers and the like,” Poe introduced.

There were a few others – Rose and Paige shared space, after all, even though Rose wasn’t a pilot. “We try to keep a lot of the people who work together, put together in the same area,” he added, “except for high command,” they were spread out so not all of them would be killed all at once.

As they began to walk to the interrogation room, Kylo could sense the uncertainty and hesitation within the officer. Because of Myka. Ignoring the unexplained wave of anger, he almost barked at the man before he asked about Myka’s presence there.

“I thought it was obvious that she should be coming along to Del Meeko.” As Kylo normally did the missions alone, aside from a small team of stormtroopers, bringing anyone along with him should be a clear sign to anyone that they’re to accompany Kylo everywhere he goes.

Well, he thought it was clear enough.

“Of course, Commander. My mistake.” The officer, if he had any say in the matter, would have said no, she didn’t. But he had no say. No one did, when it came to Commander Kylo Ren.

Kylo only hummed in response at the officer, not at all impressed with what he’s seen on Pillio so far. But soon, they paused in front of a steel door guarded by a Stormtrooper, and the officer motioned them towards it. “That will be all,” he said to the officer before he opened the door and stepped inside, expecting Myka to continue to follow him.

~~~

Just like the other buildings she was shown, the barracks utilized the environment around them and blended well with nature. It was a stark contrast from what Azra was used to. Steel, sterile ship compared to a base that seemed more...organic. Warmer. The ships and bases of the First Order felt like the military junta they were, but the Resistance had very little of that from what she’d seen so far.

They camouflage well with the planet, and seemingly blending in well from a distance certainly had its uses when you had to hide. When you still needed to grow.

“So I take it you spend a lot of time in this area?” she asked. Poe was a pilot, and a Commander at that, though Azra had also gathered that he’s involved in many different facets of the Resistance.

Maybe he’ll even become a part of High Command one day.

Myka didn’t bother to hide her smile at Kylo’s defense, and the officer’s begrudging acceptance. ‘Always so begrudging.’ The First Order was not a tight knit group that trusted one another. This was likely to be problematic down the line, for them – but for Myka it was a fun, exploitable thing.

She followed after Kylo into the cell quietly, glancing to this Del Meeko person who was within it. Human, male, didn’t seem all that notable, but he apparently had information.

Myka wouldn’t move to engage or break her silence, just stayed close to Ren to observe this new situation with the person who might or might not know something about Luke Skywalker. ‘At least you don’t seem that surprised.’ For whatever that meant. Perhaps he’d been warned that Kylo would be coming to see him.

Poor soul.

~***~

“Yeah,” Poe agreed as they moved into the barracks, “It has my bed, after all. And my showers, and soaps,” the things that he could actually claim as his, “plus BB-8’s charging port,” and BB-8 let out a trill at that, “along with a few other astromechs.” Most of the astromechs. They had their own space, too.

The droids may just be that – droids – but many were looked upon as special. Even Threepio, despite how he’d had his mind wiped more than once. R2-D2 didn’t linger here, though. He stuck around high command…dead.

Naturally, there were people moving through this area, in various states of being dressed down, or with notable oil stains on their attire. This wasn’t an area that required dressing up, an they were all fairly familiar with one another. A few faltered at the sight of someone new, blushing in understanding their privacy was momentarily disturbed, but others were happy to wave and offer some greeting to the passing duo.

Poe first made to show Azra where some of the refreshers were, so she knew where she could get cleaned up when she wanted to. “Speaking of showers, here’s one set of refreshers you can use to get cleaned up. The shower stalls have locking doors, but the rest of it is pretty open,” as they could see by a few people mingling about, one brushing their teeth, while the other two were just chattering away.

“Poe, what are you doing?” One of the chattering two asked.

“Showing Azra around,” he said, gesturing to her.

Kylo strolled out to stand in front of Del Meeko, who was cuffed to a First Order standard interrogation chair. The man didn’t allow his fear to be shown, but he could sense it. That fear, along with the acceptance of what will happen to him.

It was clear, Del Meeko would not be escaping Pillio alive. This either meant he would be more willing to tell them the information they wanted to hear, in hopes of a more merciful ending, or continue to refuse to give up any information on the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker, knowing he’s a dead man anyways.

“I must say, I wasn’t expecting to see Kylo Ren today,” the man spoke first.

Kylo scoffed, but he wouldn’t further comment on that. “I’m sure you know why I’m here.”

Del Meeko did. He had long heard of Kylo Ren’s obsessive mission to track down Luke Skywalker and kill the last Jedi. “Then you must know I will not help you.”

Kylo canted his head. “So you do know something then.” It was only mere confirmation, but now he knew he wouldn’t be leaving Pillio without information on either Luke Skywalker or the map Lor San Tekka had.

~~~

Ah, so this was the space where Poe lived. It would make sense then that he spent a lot of time there. Azra could see it, as they passed through the area, and she got a glimpse of some people with oil stains on their attire. She could see Poe doing the very same, fixing something on his ship, covered in grease and oil.

Despite being overwhelmed with all of the new information and faces, Azra smiled and waved to a few who greeted her. Would they do the same if they know where you’re from?

Probably not.

One of them actually stopped to talk to them, and Azra gave them both a polite nod as the first one asked Poe what he was doing. Then the second person spoke up, “Are you a new recruit then, Azra?”

Despite her gut instinct truly knowing the answer, Azra shrugged. “Maybe. We’ll see.”

The man in the chair was already dead.

It was a pity that he knew it, and Myka moved to examine the structure of the chair as Kylo addressed Del Meeko. No doubt, the standard scenario would play out. Kylo would torture for information, Del Meeko would scream and give nothing. He’d either find a way to bite through his tongue, or Kylo would get it out of him.

Myka wasn’t sure if Kylo had much skill in the area of mind reading, he hadn’t been willing to test it on her, so she had some doubts. “Interesting structure,” she commented, as if the scenario wasn’t tense or otherwise serious and absolutely not the time to comment on torture chairs. It did seem to bind prisoners up quite well so they couldn’t move, and so their weight would be a notable hindrance and pain, given the lack of anything beneath Del Meeko’s feet.

Good design, really.

She walked back around to the front, swiped the sarong off her hip, and took a seat on the cool floor while fiddling with the translucent fabric. “I hope you don’t plan to spend hours here with your new friend, he seems boring.”

Well, what else did she have to do but wait for the boring torture session to commence? The only exciting part would be wondering if Del Meeko committed suicide first, or if Kylo got what he wanted. She did want to ask why he hadn’t gone ahead and bitten through his tongue, but kept her mouth.

Probably shouldn’t give him ideas.

~***~

The first gave Poe a look, and he just gave a smile and a shrug, “We’ll see you around,” he said, backing out from the door of the refresher and then leading back, “There is a lounge area nearby, right about…here,” he popped his head, so she could see what passed for a lounge.

Mostly some comfortable chairs, some food storage containers, and a holoprojector. Right now, Jess and Suralinda had apparently decided to hook up a fighting game and were taking out their aggression in that form, given there was nothing immediate for them to do.

Jess had still jumped when she heard his voice, “Poe! What are you doing?” She was quick to turn her attention back to the game.

“Tour guide, that’s all.”

Suralinda looked up quickly, noted it was Azra again, and flashed a smile, and then went right back to the game.

“Got a couple other lounges, thankfully, but they’re all about the same – a space to keep some personal food close at hand, and relax for a bit with others.” Which was a necessity of sorts, really. They’d all go mad if there weren’t some more cozy common spaces, and just the cafeterias.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back