• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: Rising Tide [closed]

‘No promises.’ But of course, Myka didn’t say that as she left Phasma’s office, wondering how things would move after that between them, and how many other visits she might sneak before things became serious with the Knights, and what Myka understood of this ‘Sith Eternal’. Eventually, she would have what she needed to know about it.

For now, though, she’d continue as things were.

She used more of her time to try out the gym on her own – harassing a few officers to show her how things worked, but otherwise, on her own. There was one, a Mitaka, who ended up just staying with her and helping her out so she didn’t bother the other officers. As she learned, he tended to…mediate…for Kylo Ren sometimes.

He dealt with things well enough with her, even if he also got ridiculously flustered easily, he still tried to maintain his poise and didn’t ever take any of the bait offered.

Good officer.

Probably deserved a promotion.

At least she would manage to occupy her time with new faces and names, and not going after the Bridge to try and meet the ginger. No, when she finally got tired, she opted to first head back to Kylo’s room, before her own, once again pressing the comm at his door and ignoring that thought that she ought to check back in with Korriban soon.

~***~

Poe turned around as Azra requested, and moved slightly to be in the doorway of the cockpit so that when he saw Snap heading up, he was able to draw a line across his neck with his hand to get him to pause in proceeding forward. They would wait for Azra to be ready – even if Poe really wanted to turn back around when he heard that whimper of pain.

When Azra finally said she was ready, he let out a sigh of relief and turned around while stepping aside to give Snap room to come in, which he did and took a look at the blaster shot. He didn’t give any significant reaction as he moved to take the other seat, and began to open up the kit to dig out what he needed to clean the wound.

“Doesn’t look too bad,” Snap said.

Poe nodded, “Yeah, not bleeding much, so it must have just grazed,” even if a blaster shot wasn’t known to cause too much bleeding, if it had gone all the way through her arm, it would be in a lot worse shape than that. “Not that the Order’s known for great shots.”

Snap chuckled at that, and reached out to take her arm gently and start to clean it. “What were you trying to say back there?” He asked.

In the time Myka spent away, Kylo never received any notifications on his datapad that she intruded her way onto the Bridge, nor that she disturbed anyone in any particular manner that may have disrupted services on the ship.

Which meant she was behaving, or she was plotting something, but Kylo really hoped she was just behaving.

Somehow he still doubted that.

Kylo let Myka in when she buzzed at his comm, dressed back in the clothes she had made aware she hated. “Did you find everything you were looking for?” Doubtful, she was forever curious. But at least he received no angry messages. “Bother Captain Phasma again?”

That one was just a guess.

~~~

Azra breathed a sigh of relief when the wound didn’t turn out as serious as she thought. Or as it felt. She chuckled at Poe’s slight on the Order’s lack of accuracy of great shots, not bothering to correct him on how many snipers they did have.

The one who shot her obviously was not one.

“Hmm? Oh, yeah. I was mentioning that the First Order was planning some kind of attack on the New Republic, and how big of a weapon we could be dealing with, when Poe was the one to have mentioned the Death Star before we got shot at.” Azra hadn’t even been thinking of that possibility until that happened.

And now? “I think that does lead to some credibility that we’re dealing with another weapon very similar. Why they decided on another Death Star after it failed twice? I have no idea.” But the prospect was troubling, and what it could mean for Hosnian Prime if the weapon was successful.

Myka was annoyed to see Kylo back in that atrocious armor, and while she was tempted to just pull it off over his head, she resisted that urge as she stepped back into his room, glancing around to see how much had or hadn’t changed, “I did go bother Phasma,” Myka confirmed, “I told her she was interesting. She didn’t seem to care much,”

A pout, but of course, she could hardly tell Kylo all about her little arrangement with Phasma. For now, that was just going to be between them, until she actually had something more that she thought would be useful to ask Kylo about. Or confront him about.

“I also met a Mitaka?” She wasn’t sure about the name, now that it had been a few minutes. He wasn’t terribly important, except, “He showed me around the gym, I think mostly so I wouldn’t bother other people in there. He said he was used to dealing with you,” which caused her brows to knit, “though he didn’t really look strong enough to do much helping you in the gym.”

Taking some advantage of their previous time together, she wasn’t so hesitant in reaching out to touch his arm, “Most of the officers didn’t really look to be all that strong.”

~***~

“How does she know this?” Snap looked to Poe, who gave a bit of a shrug.

“Journalist?” He reminded, although he knew this did not come from any of her journalistic ventures, which made it significantly more credible. He wouldn’t be outing Azra while she was in her ship, injured, and having Snap tend to the wounds. That just wouldn’t be fair at all. “Still, do you know where this weapon is, uh, rumored to be? We’ve seen nothing like that.”

“And I think I’d find something suggesting that kind of movement of material. I mean, it takes a lot of durasteel to build a Death Star, or something like it,” at least, last Snap knew. They didn’t notice a significant depletion of supplies or resources, but then again, the Order was working in the Unknown Regions.

Perhaps they’d found a bunch of material where no one was looking.

Kylo wanted to laugh at what Myka admitted, bothering Phasma and telling the Captain that she was interesting. He would just love to know what Phasma had thought in that moment, but he imagined she would prefer to take that to her grave. Even if he could perhaps take it from her.

And he did imagine Phasma did care, in some aspect, but she hid it well behind the safety of her helmet.

“Ah yes, Lieutenant Mitaka.” The unfortunate officer often facing the wrath of Kylo Ren, at no fault of his own. He just always brought bad news.

Somewhere along the way, the officer drew the short end of the stick.

“No, he doesn’t help me in the gym,” Kylo clarified. “He is the officer that often personally delivers important messages to me, regardless of how...upsetting they may be.” And unintentionally, Mitaka’s throat faced the wrath of Kylo too often.

He cocked one brow at the hand that rested on his arm, embracing the warmth that spread from her seemingly simple touch, despite the layers of fabric. “While they have their own level of fitness they have to keep, most of the grunt work is done by the Stormtroopers.” And, of course, he and the Knights were an exception as well.

~~~

Azra frowned, slightly insulted that Snap couldn’t have just asked her how she knew this. But, she supposed given their long history together, he felt better getting a confirmation from Poe.

And she noticed how Poe had the opportunity to tell Snap the truth right then, but he didn’t. Thank you.

Soon, maybe. But not now. Azra felt that Snap was a decent person, but he was still tending to her wound. She didn’t need an accidental, or purposeful, mishandling of the site due to shock.

She shook her head at Poe’s question. “I only know it’s somewhere in the Unknown Regions,” which she figured they may have been able to guess, as the First Order conducted most of its operations in the Unknown Regions currently.

There was the addition that she overheard her father talking about the weapon once before, but she wouldn’t mention that quite yet. It added nothing else except evidence that there was a weapon somewhere, which...didn’t help that much at all.

“And,” she hesitated, before shaking her head, “I may have something to help suggest movement of that kind of material.” Azra glanced up at Poe, “Where’s that flashdrive I gave you? I think there’s something on there that could help us out.”

Kylo was familiar with Mitaka, it seemed, and knew enough about what Mitaka meant. Mitaka was apparently a messenger of sorts, tasked with delivering bad news to Kylo. ‘He definitely needs a raise.’ It was easy to guess that Mitaka was often faced with Kylo’s wrath if he was familiar with bringing bad news. That and his disposition suggested, he had expected retaliation in some form from her.

She hadn’t offered it, but his fear was easy to sense.

“And of course it’s those Stormtroopers who have to maintain a better physique,” Myka agreed, letting her hand stroke down his arm, “you would still think more officers would have a touch more interest in setting a good example, though,” she squeezed his arm near the wrist as she let go, “Oh well. All the better for you.” For his ‘example’ of being in high command and in good shape.

And her apparent preference of that, too. Even if she could do with stepping it up a bit herself, though she at least planned to now that she had access to a gym and examples to set herself. “I promise I’ll be working on it, too,” she added, “I have to match up to you, after all.” A light tease. She’d no doubt never quite have his level of physical strength, but she could do better.

Would do better.

“The ship is starting to get boring, though.” She confessed that much.

~***~

The Unknown Regions was too vast a place to actually begin to search, although they had some ideas about areas that were more populated by First Order ships. They hadn’t found this, though, so perhaps they weren’t looking in the right places. He didn’t know what they could do immediately to try and find this, but he knew he’d have to tell Leia.

“Beebee, you still have it, right?” Poe asked.

BB-8 confirmed, and although Poe considered having him eject it and give it back to Leia, he decided against it, “We can look at that when we’re at a safer location,” he said, looking back to Azra, “If someone was willing to shoot, we can imagine others have reported the action and who knows what might happen. I think it’s better to get back to base, and then go over things, now that we know you’re stabilized.”

She was in no danger of collapsing, and Poe couldn’t compromise losing the information on a sudden whim of Azra’s. Sure, he trusted her…but not yet that much. Not until the Resistance had taken the information and copied it over. This was still an emotional situation for her.

“I can give you the coordinates from my ship,” Poe added, as Snap straightened up, bacta in place, and wrapped tight, “Snap can alert our medical team of your wounds so we can get you looked over by actual professionals.”

Kylo scoffed, but he didn’t ignore the heat Myka’s encouraging touch left behind on his arm, regardless of the thick fabric that covered his skin. It enticed him to pull her back into his bed, but he wouldn’t.

At least, not yet.

“They believe that the fulfillment of serving the First Order will be enough of an example for the Stormtroopers. The officers only care about striking fear and obtaining power,” Kylo said derisively. But yes, all the better for him, and his Knights and their physical prowess. Very few officers could stand up to them in a strictly physical fight.

With the Force? Even most of the officers fear them, if not all.

“I do look forward seeing if you could ever match up to me in that regard,” he teased back with a smirk, as he stepped back further into his room. No, she had her Force abilities that outshone his own, much to his own dismay.

“Boring? And here I thought you were entertaining yourself enough with bothering everyone on this ship,” Kylo shook his head. “Maybe you won’t be as bored tomorrow. I’m going planetside, and fortunately for you, you’ll be coming along.”

~~~

So Poe had given the flashdrive to the droid. Smart, really. Even if Azra had considered wanting the drive back and going to BB-8 to get it, the droid most likely wouldn’t have given it back unless instructed by the pilot.

And as she still struggled with her decision, if only because of her emotional attachment to some in the First Order, she was glad the droid had it.

“Alright, that sounds good,” Azra said with a nod, before adding in, “but there’s no need for a medical team. I’m fine now, thank you Snap.” The wince of pain did not help her case as she moved her arm back in its sleeve. It just needed rest, nothing else, now that there was bacta and a bandage over it.

But she wouldn’t object to leaving right then. Poe was right, if someone was willing to shoot, others may have reported the action, and someone will know Zahra Kaplan was on Takodana. That would not be good at all.

“Anything else we need to discuss before we leave?” Like...if Azra needed a secret code so she won’t be shot on sight once she approaches the Resistance base.

Hopefully Poe had thought of that.

Myka rolled her eyes at what the officers thought a good example was. If they wanted a good example, they needed to consider what they were afraid of, which she imagined Phasma and Kylo ranked high on that list. She might have to do a survey to figure it out better. Not that she truly intended to rule by fear…overtly, anyways.

It would be insinuated what she could do to anyone, though.

Myka sat back down on Kylo’s bed, folding one leg over the other as Kylo mentioned going somewhere after his tease. She smiled, brows lifting up, “Oh?” Planetside sounded far more interesting. A mission with Kylo Ren sounded a lot more interesting. “What are you doing down on the planet? And which planet is it?”

She leaned forward, indeed, curious about what they would be getting up to. No doubt it involved Luke.

She wondered if any of the other Knights would be joining them.

~***~

Poe and Snap exchanged a look as Azra claimed to be find, both doubting it immensely. “It’s just a precaution,” Snap added, “Don’t worry,” he got to his feet again, figuring it wouldn’t be too hard to talk Azra into going to the medbay once they got on base. He and Poe would go with her if she just needed the extra sense of security.

She had just been shot, after all.

Poe shook his head, “No, I’ll let everyone at base know what kind of ship to look for, and you’ll be directed onto the landing pad,” Poe said simply, “no secret code or anything,” she’d be fine to just fly in once he’d cleared it with Leia, and he’d be doing that from his own cockpit just as soon as he got to it.

Leia already knew he was doing a bit more activity, anyways.

“We’ll see you there soon.” Snap added, BB-8 also chiming in a similar sentiment, hopeful for her to meet others on base.

Kylo’s dark eyes flickered down to Myka’s legs, distracted by the movement for a second, before he refocused on her questions. Already she sounded interested, which gauging by how easily bored she became, was of no surprise.

“Our latest lead to Luke Skywalker is bringing us to Pillio,” he said, crossing to sit on his sofa instead of joining Myka on the bed. More out of habit than anything else. Besides, he needed to be able to speak.

Sitting next to Myka would create the opposite effect.

“I know a man by the name of Lor San Tekka has a map that leads to Luke Skywalker, and there has been a tip that this man is on Pillio, so I am going there to hopefully find him.” Or if he could at least find someone that would be willing to tell him where Lor San Tekka was.

The man should have at least been there recently.

It would just be himself and Myka, though his Knights would be on standby in case he needed backup for any reason. But they still had their own missions while he had his.

~~~

Azra frowned as she noticed the two pilots exchanging a look, and Snap further insisted that it was a mere precaution. She hated medbays. She didn’t want to deal with one, but throwing a fit about it wouldn’t accomplish anything, and she didn’t want to explain why exactly she didn’t like them.

There was no real reason. Azra simply hated the sterile environment and the medical equipment and the death that always lingered nearby.

Azra thought about standing up with them, but there was no need for her to do so, and she had just been shot, so she remained sitting, giving them a small smile as they prepared to leave, especially to the droid as it chimed out its own goodbye.

But not really, as it would only be a quick journey.

“Alright, everything sounds good. I’ll see you guys there,” she said with a nod, and once they were gone, she would turn to her controls and prepare the ship for departure.

Already not liking the silence on her ship.

Pillio was not a world that Myka knew, though that was of little surprise to her. The name Lor San Tekka was also not one she knew, but she couldn’t know everyone associated with Luke. She’d have to trust that Kylo knew what he was doing, and who he was chasing, even if it seemed like there were a lot more things they could be focusing on that were more important.

This seemed like something a regular Knight could handle.

She was disappointed that he didn’t join her on the bed, though. “What is Pillio like?” Myka asked, “have you been there before?” She wondered how familiar he would be with the world, or how difficult it would be to traverse it. “Is it a world loyal to the Order?”

She certainly had more questions than that, although she paused there to let him consider how to answer those, first.

~***~

Poe and Snap both left Azra shortly after that, BB-8 following. “How’d you end up meeting her?” Snap asked.

“Back on Hays Minor, actually,” Poe said, “Speaking of – how are Rose and Paige?”

“Not…great,” Snap sighed, “but they’ll be better in time, I know,” they were at their X-Wings then, “See you back at base.”

“Yeah,” Poe nodded, “See you soon,” he was quick to hop into his X-Wing and get things started, immediately comming Leia once he was getting it up into the air.

“Been a while, Poe,” she greeted.

“Yeah, well, things went well,” he said, “We’re coming back to base, Azra with me,” he said, briefly describing her ship before he sent the coordinates over to Azra, as well, “We’ve got some things to go over with you.”

“Understood, I’ll be ready.”

“Thanks. See you soon.”

Kylo almost wanted to retort on the questions Myka threw his way, the opposite of what was happening when they first ran into each other, with him asking her all the questions.

For now, he would just remain amused by her curiosity for the greater galaxy.

“Pillio is quite the opposite of Korriban,” he said at first. “It’s a very wet, aquatic world that is mostly covered by seas and very little land. I believe the only sand to be found on the planet is the sand that marks the beaches.” Its climate was far too wet for any deserts to form, a fact he was sure Myka would be pleased about.

Kylo knew he would be happy if he never had to step onto a desert again.

“I have been there once, several years ago,” he didn’t clarify the reason for his trip before continuing onto her next question, “And it’s not completely loyal to us, though we have acting agents on the planet. We hope to remedy their alliance in the very near future.” Perhaps once Starkiller was operational.

That would fix a lot of alliance issues.

~~~

Azra didn’t have to wait long for Poe to send her the coordinates. She didn’t even bother to look where they would send her before she entered the coordinates into her ship’s navigation system. She’ll look later.

But once her ship was in lightspeed, Azra left the cockpit to head to her quarters and change her bloodstained shirt. That would be quite a first impression for others in the Resistance, though she didn’t imagine it would be very different than what they were already used to.

Despite only having Poe on her ship a few days, she already hated the silence left behind with his presence gone. And trying not to think too much into that, or to allow her mind to dig too deep into what she had been shown of the First Order activities, she busied herself with something she had neglected as of recent: her art.

And so in the time it took her ship to reach its destination, it was just herself, her pencil and sketchbook, and the steady thrum of the ship’s engines, until, eventually, she moved back to the cockpit as she arrived at the Resistance’s base.

A place she had never imagined she would have willingly come to, with some expectations of potentially joining.

A week ago, Azra would have laughed at the thought.

As the ramp descended, she nervously bit her lip at what expected her, and if she could see a familiar face waiting for her.

An aquatic planet, not quite with the First Order, “So this is a bikini planet. Understood,” Myka nodded, as if that answer resolved every question she might have on the situation about Pillio. “I’ll make sure to find something appropriate for the climate,” which Kylo now knew would remain on her path of not appropriate whatsoever attire for anything professional.

Too bad for him.

“Who is Lor San Tekka, and how are you so certain he has a map to Luke Skywalker?” He never showed up in any stories that Myka knew of Luke Skywalker. It seemed odd it would be with him, and not someone like Han Solo, or the droid R2-D2.

Then again, if Luke was trying to hide from these people, as well, perhaps that would explain it away. The Luke situation was still one she didn’t fully understand, other than the need to kill Luke because of his past crimes against Kylo, and, of course, because they couldn’t risk having the Jedi return. Myka didn’t want that.

So, she was at least on board with finishing the old man off.

~***~

Poe and Snap had indeed made it there first, and Poe let Leia know who was coming, as well as a few others. Suralinda would possibly know the name, after all. So, when Azra’s ship descended, there was a group waiting for her that included the notables, including General Organa, who observed from further back, rather than stand too close and intimidate.

Poe had at least tipped her off to who Azra really was, when they had a brief moment, and BB-8 had handed over the data which Leia was now having analyzed.

Poe greeted her with a smile and a wave, though, to take her attention off the crowd, “Azra, over here! Welcome to D’Qar,” he said, waving a hand back at the bases set up, “C’mon, we’ll get you over to medbay first,” he wasn’t letting that priority change.

“Then we’ll get you introduced.”

“She looks fine to me,” Suralinda popped up.

“Yeah, she took off her shirt and changed, that’s why,” Snap pointed out.

“No it is not,” Kylo immediately said. He knew his mission of getting her to wear something more covering was a complete failure, but damn if he couldn’t try. For his own sanity, along with proprietary standards of the First Order.

Maybe he’ll force one of his tunics back on her. Somehow.

“Lor San Tekka is,” a complex figure, “an old friend of the family. He and Luke had spent some together in seeking out old Jedi lore.” And the two had remained friends after their first journey together, leading to a young Ben Solo meeting Luke’s newfound friend.

Myka was indeed a very curious one today, but Kylo continued to oblige her questions. “And I have received intel that confirmed Lor San Tekka has a map that leads to Luke Skywalker.” It had been one of the updates he had been waiting for, before he could continue on his own personal search for his old Jedi Master.

And now he was one step closer to completing his journey.

~~~

There were a few more waiting for Azra than she had expected, and she stared a bit at them, wide-eyed, until Poe called out for her. Her attention snapped over to him, and immediately the tension left her body as she greeted him with a smile.

And he was still insistent on getting her to medbay, which she still wanted to argue against.

Fortunately, a distraction popped up in the form of the Squataman Suralinda Javos.

“Suralinda!” she greeted, stepping away from Poe to walk up to the other journalist. “Yes, I am perfectly fine. It’s been some time. How has the Resistance been treating you?”

Not that she thought this conversation would prevent the inevitability of two pilots seemingly insistent on getting her checked out in medbay. She could still try dammit.

Myka wouldn’t comment to argue with Kylo on clothes. She’d wear what she pleased, and he knew that. If she wanted to go planetside in a bikini, she would. There wasn’t really anything he could do about that, unless he wanted to attempt to bribe her out of it. She wasn’t quite in the order of things in the First Order.

Not officially, at any rate.

Who Lor San Tekka was became clear enough. Not a Jedi, but a friend who was interested in them. Myka knew plenty of those sorts, they made up the majority of her group on Korriban, after all. Most didn’t have a touch of the Force, though there were plenty that did. It just wasn’t strong enough to be notable, at least, not to her.

“Then why aren’t we going immediately? Why are we wasting time where Lor San Tekka might leave?” That was the matter which now confused Myka. Of course, with how large the ship they were on, was, it was possible they were heading that way.

She just would have thought they’d take a smaller craft to get there sooner.

~***~

Suralinda wouldn’t offer Poe anything as surreptitious as a wink, but she would begin to walk once Azra had come over to her through the two flyboys, and she would intend to make her steps towards the medbay. “Pretty good,” Suralinda answered, “Although I had to start out on sanitation duty here,” she chuckled, though it was true.

Of course, that was understandable, given the deceptions that led to her being here in the first place. She’d had to quit her formal journalistic job to join the Resistance, and was only recently allowed to do actual work for the Resistance. “It was worth it.”

It was repentance for what she’d done, after all.

“I really can’t wait to hear how you’ve ended up here. Maybe you’ll get lucky and be able to start somewhere else.”

Likely so, it wasn’t as though Azra was trying to write a scandal story. At least, Suralinda didn’t think so, that wasn’t the gist of what she’d been overhearing as news arrived of Azra’s approach.

Snap and Poe followed along, and Poe added, “No, I don’t think we’ll need to do that to her,” Poe said. Leia didn’t seem to think it necessary, given the differing circumstances.

Kylo crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back further onto his sofa, looking at Myka with one brow raised. “And here I thought I was the one who often had too many questions,” as he recalled her mentioning before.

But he didn’t find himself annoyed by the questions. Yet.

“There is a plan in place,” Kylo answered calmly. “My ship is being prepared as we speak, and this ship is headed in that direction for easier travel for us.” Less time spent in his ship in lightspeed travel, the better.

“Plus, it’s a direct order from Supreme Leader Snoke,” which Kylo would never question. Even if sometimes he really wanted to.

One day.

“If Lor San Tekka just so happens to not be there when we arrive, we’ll simply have to question some of the locals to see if they’ve seen him,” he continued just as calmly.

~~~

Azra didn’t think of anything when Suralinda began to walk, and she easily followed alongside her, thinking that Suralinda didn’t have anything malicious planned.

She was a fool.

“Sanitation? I can’t see you scrubbing toilets,” Azra chuckled. She wanted to learn more of Suralinda’s beginnings in the Resistance, and why she started out with sanitation duty, but she felt that would be a story better for later on, after she had a chance to talk with others. Like General Leia Organa, whom she definitely did not want to admit she was scared of meeting. “We’ll definitely have to catch up more later, and I can tell you how I had the misfortune of coming across Poe Dameron,” she teased, throwing a smile in the man’s direction.

Wait…

Poe and Snap were following along, not trying to encourage Azra to head to medbay. “You’re taking me to medbay, aren’t you?” she asked Suralinda with a light groan.

A direct order from Snoke to waste time? Myka huffed at the inanity of it, but wouldn’t actually comment. Kylo had to follow Snoke’s orders for now, and she was familiar with the frustration of that from her time as an apprentice. She was so glad to be done with those days, but this wasn’t exactly fun – taking orders from Snoke.

“Very well,” she accepted it. She had no other choice, after all.

This wasn’t her mission to command, and these people were not yet under her authority. For now, she had to play nice, and not point out too many flaws. Even if she saw many of them, and had plenty more questions about all of this, “Then I’ll certainly be prepared tomorrow to help track down this Lor San Tekka.”

Even if she was certain he’d be gone by then.

And their time spent mostly a waste.

Oh well.

She fell back on the bed, “Do I need to stay here tonight, then? To be sure I’m awake on time and on schedule?” She couldn’t help but tease the idea.

~***~

“It wasn’t fun,” Suralinda shared in the laughter at her own expense. She wasn’t terribly ashamed of it, thankfully, and she hoped to never be back on that kind of duty. It wasn’t likely, unless she managed to really screwed up somehow. She didn’t want to.

Then again, no one wanted to.

“We’ll catch up, after you get looked at,” Suralinda did wink then, already in the hall of the medbay, “Sorry, I couldn’t let you go on without getting looked at, I was told you were shot, and sometimes those can end up pretty nasty if they don’t get properly cleaned and wrapped, and well – no offense – I don’t trust the flyboys as much.”

“None taken,” Snap laughed.

All taken,” Poe said in response, “but thanks, Suralinda.”

Suralinda nodded, and stepped back at the door, “I’ll see you for dinner, okay?” She reassured Azra, thinking plans to catch up might help her.

Kylo couldn’t certainly imagine that Myka had a few more choice words she wished to say about the situation at hand - waiting around when there was a time sensitive mission; but neither one could do anything about it, unless they wished to invoke the ire of Supreme Leader Snoke.

He certainly didn’t wish to, and if Myka did so, then Kylo would face punishment for her actions.

So he was definitely pleased she didn’t protest in any way, but instead offered something way more enticing between her words. He rose one brow while he looked over at her, now casually strewn about his bed.

The offer was certainly tempting. And as long as they still woke up early…

“If so, then we’ll certainly have to be sure to head to bed early, so we can get an early start,” he said back to her, in a slight tease of his own. “I have to be sure you don’t oversleep and get out of this mission.”

~~~

Azra let out another groan at Suralinda’s deception. How cruel. How rude. She sighed, “I guess you’re right.” The flyboys could only do so much. It would be best to seek out a professional for wounds instead of relying on someone who may have just had to patch himself up plenty of times over the years.

She just didn’t want to.

But she couldn’t get mad at Suralinda for simply looking after her wellbeing. Azra nodded, “I’ll see you at dinner then, and we’ll catch up then.”

And after Suralinda left them, Azra turned to the two pilots who followed behind them, and she gave them a pout. “Do I really have to?” She knew the answer; it was an answer she didn’t want. It was better to get it over with so she could...face the rest of the Resistance.

At least Kylo wasn’t completely dense. Dense, yes, but he was clearly getting better at reading her insinuations. She smirked a bit as he seemed to catch on to it, and lifted her hand to coax him over with a gesture of her finger.

She had nothing else for the day, having spent it roaming the ship and getting to know people. She saw no reason why ‘early’ couldn’t be ‘now’, and they could wake up wonderfully refreshed the next day. It’d be easy enough for her to go to her room to change afterwards, and meet Kylo at the ship.

“I am quite tired, so the sooner, the better,” Myka teased, “to help make sure I don’t oversleep,” or perhaps just to make sure Kylo didn’t oversleep, given the day had already involved introducing him to this, and their combative training earlier. If he wasn’t worn out, she’d at least know he had a lot of stamina.

Something she would love to find an end to. If only because she thought that she could.

~***~

Poe nodded, “Yeah, you do,” he didn’t understand why Azra had such issues with being seen by someone, but he wouldn’t ask. He’d just continue on with that insistent pressure to get her to be seen, “We’ll stay with you. Don’t worry, I promise most of these people have training, even the droids,” though they didn’t have too many medical droids.

Most people didn’t really trust the droids, compared to actual people.

“C’mon,” Poe went ahead and stepped in first, leaving Snap to walk at Azra’s side, or behind. Thankfully, the medbay wasn’t that busy at this time, so there wasn’t going to be much of a wait. Not to mention, he’d already told them to expect someone with a blaster wound, so there was someone to greet him.

“Are they here now, Poe?” The nurse asked.

Poe nodded, and gestured back, “Yeah, she’s here.”

The nurse smiled to Azra, “Good to meet you! I promise we’ll keep this quick,” he said. “If you’d follow me back?”

Kylo swallowed as Myka beckoned him over with a simple gesture of her finger, as if he would come crawling without another command. Like some simple man enticed by a simple suggestive glance.

And, well, maybe he was that simple man.

“Of course, to make sure you’re prepared when we leave.” Kylo stood from the couch and crossed the room to the bed in a few long strides. “After all, I still don’t quite trust you yet to obey such orders without complaint or trouble.” That wasn’t a complete lie.

After all, she still infuriated him with refusing to cover just a bit more, which Kylo just knew she was now doing on purpose. She frustrated and teased him relentlessly.

Kylo stopped at the edge of the bed, his form looming over Myka. “But if you’re quite tired, then maybe you should go to your own room so you can have your guaranteed sleep.” A light tease, as Kylo placed one hand on either side of Myka.

~~~

It wasn’t the training of the staff where Azra held her hesitations, but she wouldn’t say anything (although she was admittedly relieved when they were greeted by an actual person instead of a droid). Maybe her issue would come up in conversation later, or maybe it would remain forgotten.

She hoped for forgotten.

With Snap following, Azra walked behind Poe into the medbay, where she was greeted by one of the nurses. I sure hope it’s quick. She wouldn’t allow her unpleasant mood to unleash on the nurse who was only doing his job. That would just be mean.

She nodded at the nurse with a small smile and followed behind him. “By quick, you mean...really quick, right?” She had to ask. “Just a quick check on the wound and send me on my way?”

‘Kylo, do you want to get laid or not?’ Myka didn’t ask that, of course, but her desire to tease and leave abandoned was often as strong as her own desire to give in. Kylo at least continued to cut a nice figure as he loomed over her, though his teasing remarks opened quite the opportunity for him to leave him infuriated.

And she did prefer to be the one holding control here.

So she put a hand to his chest as she sat up a bit, “You know, you’re right,” Myka said agreeably, “it isn’t as if significant physical activity is going to help tire me out when I have an exorbitant amount of energy, I think I will go lay in my bed and stare at the ceiling for hours on end until I fall asleep two hours before the mission.”

She pulled her legs away, underneath herself as she slid a bit back from Kylo, “Well, it was fun catching up with you, Ren.” She reached to pat his shoulder as she let her feet touch the ground besides his bed.

~***~

The nurse managed to keep a smile on as he led Azra to a cot, Snap backing out with a look to Poe and a quick salute, leaving Poe and Azra there without him. He no doubt had other things to do, and Poe was in charge of this new journalist on base. The nurse answered, “Well, I do need to unwrap the wound to see it. Ideally, all I’ll need to do is reclean it, and throw some bacta on it again, but that depends on the wound,” he offered.

He went on to add, “I could also do an injection at the sight to help it heal faster, if you’d like,” he said as he motioned Azra to a cot.

“He doesn’t have lollipops,” Poe noted.

“No,” the nurse gave a small chuckle, “budget cuts,” he added as a joke, as if that was the only reason he didn’t have lollipops to offer with shots, and not because this was a base of full grown adults who shouldn’t even be asking him for damned lollipops. Maybe one day he’d buy a whole bunch just to shock them.

That wasn’t the answer Kylo was expecting, and yet, he wasn’t surprised in the least.

Kylo huffed and placed one firm arm on her upper arm, stopping her from making any further steps towards the door out of his quarters. “You know that is not what I want, nor is it what you want.” Time and time again, Myka proves to be infuriating; it had to be all part of her play. It just had to be.

He pushed her back towards the bed, this time, placing one knee on the bed beside her to loom over Myka’s form. One hand reached up to softly run his fingers through the strands of Myka’s hair. “And you don’t really want to leave, do you?”

No, he didn’t see that happening, and for a second time, Kylo was open and willing to let his desires take control instead of suppressing them in the old Jedi habits.

~~~

The mere thought of an injection distracted Azra too much from even smiling at the lighthearted joke about the lollipops. “No injection will be necessary,” she said rather too quickly for someone who was supposed to be cool over the whole situation.

She was not.

Azra sat down on the cot as she began to remove her arm from the sleeve of her shirt so the nurse could take a look at the wound, not caring this time if Poe watched. She remained decent, though it was moving her arm from her sleeve that made her realize she was still very sore, but of no surprise.

“Just a quick reclean and rewrap should do just fine. It doesn’t even hurt that much.” A slight lie, but Azra maintained a calm facade as she prepared her arm for the nurse.

Myka didn’t resist Kylo’s pull back towards the bed at all, though beneath that hint of mischief in her eyes was some small spark of irritation. She didn’t want to leave, but she also didn’t like being directed. She was honestly rather torn about what would satisfy her more, staying and playing with Kylo for a bit, or leaving.

Which was better in the long-run?

“Mmmm.” Okay, why did he physically have to be every bit her type? That really wasn’t fair, not that she was that stringent on that, although bulky pretty-boys were somehow hard to find on most days. They were either pretty and lean, or bulky and well…not pretty. And she liked the feel of his fingers in her hair.

‘It’s early.’ It was probably okay to let him have this one, rather than sow any early seeds of resentment.

“You’re right – I really don’t want to leave,” who would? “It’s nicer to sleep with someone, too…you’ll see.” Soon enough, as she reached her hand up to entangle into his own hair and draw his lips to her own.

~***~

It was obvious that Azra was really not going to be loosening up about the situation, so Poe would refrain from trying anymore humor. He did at least look away when Azra started to adjust herself, and waited until he saw the nurse move forward before looking again.

The nurse began to unwrap the wound and remove the bacta patch already on it, making a humming noise to himself before he took out a cleaning wipe and began to clean the area of residual dried blood and fresher blood to get a better look at the actual wound.

The bacta hadn’t had much time to help, but it had still done a bit. “I can do that,” he said, “you’ll want to be gentle with your arm for the next day or so, and come back to me so I can check it after two. We shouldn’t need to re-clean and wrap it after that, but we’ll just want to be sure.”

He said that as he applied a bacta gel rather than a patch and smoothed it over the wound, before wrapping it back up once more.

Kylo thought he felt a strand of resistance in Myka as he guided her back to the bed, but either way, she allowed him to do so, and he felt some semblance of victory as she conceded.

A smirk graced his face as his lips met hers in all thoughts crumbling into passion, but that wouldn’t last long.

A sharp knock from his door interrupted Kylo, much to his chagrin, and he pulled away from Myka with a huff.. “Commander Ren,” barked a familiar mechanical voice on the other side. He shot Myka a look, one that blamed her for Phasma being there right then.

She had to have said something to the Captain earlier to warrant this unexpected visit.

“Coming,” he announced, shooting Myka one more look, one that screamed for her to remain silent and to behave. “I thought you said you didn’t bother her,” he huffed, straightening himself up and brushing down his clothes to make himself look more presentable.

Like he hadn’t been partaking in anything frivolous.

~~~

The actual process of removing the bandage and having the nurse clean it wasn’t so bad, now that she knew there wasn’t going to be any injections today. But she also didn’t think she would return in two days for him to look over it again, if she could help it.

Was she even meant to stay that long? She hadn’t exactly agreed to stay with the Resistance, and yet everyone acted like she had.

“Thank you, for your help,” Azra said to the nurse with a small smile. Just because she didn’t like the immediate environment didn’t mean she had to forget her manners and treat the nurse in any bad way. As the nurse finished, she readjusted her arm back into her sleeve and slowly stood up.

“There,” she stated, moving over to where Poe stood, “I have been seen and cleaned up, and I’m perfectly fine.” Just now, they could perhaps get onto business, and she could finally meet this infamous Leia Organa.

Or maybe staying in medbay wasn’t too bad.

The knock was very irritating, and Myka was not a fan of it, even as she heard the voice on the other side. Phasma. Well, that was unexpected, and she scowled at Kylo’s look towards her. She hadn’t done anything to earn this! Unless Phasma just wanted to cockblock her for some reason, which, she supposed, maybe she had annoyed Phasma that much.

But why?

As Kylo got up, Myka sat up, “I didn’t bother her enough for this,” Myka protested his statement, and she got up, but didn’t readjust the way her clothes fell on her. She followed after Kylo, and used the Force to muss his hair a little more once he’d reach the door.

Phasma already knew, and she wanted it to be obvious, at any rate. She wanted her claim obviously staked.

And so she was the one to press the door to open before Kylo would be completely back in order.

~***~

“Uh huh, that’s why you needed bandaging to begin with. Perfectly fine,” Poe said, resisting the urge to roll his eyes at Azra’s stubbornness about this as he started to walk again. She was fine enough for the situation right now, at any rate, so there was no reason to delay the next steps to her getting a sense of things in the Resistance. “C’mon, let’s go see Leia,” he said.

He knew where Leia would be, BB-8 was likely still with her since he hadn’t come rolling back. He knew Leia had been present to see Azra’s arrival, so now she had likely ducked back into the command center. While there would be plenty of activity unfolding there, he figured it would be fine to take Azra through it.

People came in and out of that area all the time looking for people.

The real secrets weren’t on display or that easy to run into.

“Any questions before we get there?” He asked as they stepped out of the medbay and back into the sunlight.

Kylo felt that Myka had mussed with his hair, but there was no opportunity to fix it before she pressed the door to open. He allowed a scowl to cross his face, but soon slight curiosity replaced it at the sight before him.

Yes, Captain Phasma stood on the other side, but she also had FN-2187 with her, who was obviously nervous about the situation, despite his features hidden by the Stormtrooper uniform.

“Captain Phasma, to what do I owe this unexpected visit?” Kylo asked, clearly unamused.

To the chrome Stormtrooper, it was obvious what had transpired between the two before her moments before she interrupted them. But, as it wasn’t her place, she held her tongue on that, and looked at Myka, then back on Kylo. “This is rather serendipitous,” she started.

Eighty seven did not think so.

“It appears that Darth Vesta told FN-2187 something earlier today that caused an interruption during training.”

Brows rising, Kylo looked over at Myka for any answer.

~~~

Azra shrugged and innocently smiled at him. Yes, exactly. She was perfectly fine! Just a small wound that would easily heal with a bandage.

At any rate, she followed beside Poe out of the medbay, happy to breathe in the fresh air of D’Qar instead of the sterile environment back inside. “Probably a million questions,” she chuckled, nerves settling in her stomach as her reality settled in her.

She was on her way to see Leia Organa, and who knew who else would also be there. “What should I expect when we get there? What have you told her about me?” With how Poe obviously felt deep loyalty for Leia, Azra wondered how much information he had already given her.

“Is there anything I should say?” No, she definitely wasn’t nervous. Not at all.

Myka had some ideas of what FN-2187 and Phasma were doing there together. She was aware of what she’d talked about with FN-2187, after all. And now she actually had his…well, what passed for a name in this organization. That would have to change, if he really was something more than just a Stormtrooper.

“Can you really not feel it?” Myka asked Kylo, a bit of a pout crossing her lips, before she looked back at FN-2187, “He’s Force-sensitive.” She gestured to him, “I think he only just awoke recently, but he is. Did he try to use the Force?”

Myka then looked back to FN-2187, “Did it work? What did you try to do?” She doubted it worked. She hadn’t felt any sort of surge, and she imagined there would have been a significant surge in emotions, at least, in that area where FN-2187 was, and where he’d successfully pulled off something with the Force.

Still, it was worth asking.

~***~

“Well, you should expect a lot of consoles to be on and people moving about. Leia will probably take us back to her office, though,” thankfully she had one where they could actually talk in private. That would be necessary, given what Leia did know, and what she’d likely want to know, “And she, uh, knows who you are,” Poe did say that much.

She also knew a bit about his conversation with Terex regarding the Sith, but that didn’t concern Azra right then.

“I can’t give you a script,” he said with a bit of a helpless shrug, “Just be honest with Leia. She’s dealt with politicians. She knows when someone’s lying to her – and not just from being a politician.” She did have the Force, and with it came a certain intuition. She didn’t use it like Luke, but she was still scary.

They came into the commander center, to some minor buzzing about and movement. Leia was near a central, circular area, but she looked up as the doors opened and saw Poe and Azra. “Poe,” she called out to him, catching his attention. He lifted his hand, and she gave a sharp gesture with her head, before turning away towards her office.

Yup, office it was then.

Poe would follow after Leia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back