• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Star Wars Dice Roleplay?

Timeline??

• Old Republic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABY - After Battle of Yavin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ginko The Mushishi

Traveling Mushi-Shi
Roleplay Type(s)
HELLO!

Welcome one, welcome all! I am here to announce I shall be making a roleplay using the dice format that is about Star Wars. Important questions? Down below please!

1.) Where/When is this set? - Well, this doesn't involve cannon story. So Luke, Ben, Han, Leia, etc. Are not in this, so do not worry about that. We're making our own sort of story, but it includes all the planets known to the Star Wars universe. When is this set? I'll have that decided by you all, I'll put a poll up. Old Republic (from the mmo) or ABY (After Battle of Yavin).

2.) What type of people/classes are allowed? - Droids, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Mandalorians, Soldiers, commoners, Senators, I'm unsure of the Jedi and Sith, I might put a 4 character limit (2 Jedi, 2 Sith) by giving someone the option to make one, I'm doing this to ensure balance and equality/comfortable roleplaying, and no force users being everywhere messing around, etc. (My last roleplay had an excess of force users, and I overlooked that possibly problematic concept) Though, characters can have stolen lightsabers if they desire. I will have an extra character whom will be a Jedi of sorts, whom will be character version of GM. But I will not use him unless needed, such as being a guide to the players, banning players (if need be) etc.

3.) How will the Dice roleplay be set up? - Easy, I will show you when I get enough players to join in. By the time I make the actual roleplay thread you all will be able to experience it and examine it.

Banksy-Graffiti-Star-Wars-Pulp-Fiction-alternative-print-On-Canvas-Abstract-street-art-Home-Deco-Collectibles.jpg

I'm interested for sure. I'll do my best to learn whatever system we use and how to Dice RP on forums. This will be fun when it gets going.

Had experience in Tabletop RP, so I have experience with Dice RP, at least.

vinom said:
So... West End, Fantasy Flight, WotC (Orig or Saga)?
It won't be modeled after those, but that will depend, I've never experienced those types of roleplays, perhaps it will be similar to one of those. As of right now though, we'll all see where it goes from here.

Lets get dangerous....(do do do) DarkWing Duckk!

Also, how far After the Battle of Yarvin... Emperial Reminents, New Republic, Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, Legecy Era?

Fezzes said:
I'm interested for sure. I'll do my best to learn whatever system we use and how to Dice RP on forums. This will be fun when it gets going.
Had experience in Tabletop RP, so I have experience with Dice RP, at least.
The Dice roleplay will be quite easy to learn, thanks to the dice link up top. That'll be where most of your rolls will happen.

Dice Roller | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum <---- This sweetheart is a savior for all dicers.

vinom said:
Also, how far After the Battle of Yarvin... Emperial Reminents, New Republic, Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, Legecy Era?
As said, it won't be taking on the canon storyline, the time is just set so we know where we are, such as if we want that more classical original trilogy feel as we have some of the weapons/gear etc. from that timeline, or we go old school Old Republic MMO. Basically it'll just be flavor text for all the roleplayers knowing "Okay, we're in this timeperiod, we won't be having the old republic style of clothing, armor, weaponry, etc."

Though, if you want me to implement one of those certain periods in the ABY timeline, I'll see if other roleplayers would like that too. And I'll implement the favored period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I've always wanted to play someone being pulled apart by two cultures, Jedi and Mando'ade.

Will this be based off of the Saga Edition tabletop, or made completely from scratch system wise?

i'd be interested in some sort of padawan character whose master died, whether that be sith/jedi idk - i know you said you'd rather not have force users but really the object of that sort of character wouldn't be strength, I'm not too interested in godmodding or being a badass with a lightsaber - i am interested in exploring the duality of the force through a younger mind

[QUOTE="Space Bard]i'd be interested in some sort of padawan character whose master died, whether that be sith/jedi idk - i know you said you'd rather not have force users but really the object of that sort of character wouldn't be strength, I'm not too interested in godmodding or being a badass with a lightsaber - i am interested in exploring the duality of the force through a younger mind

[/QUOTE]
I see, well that would be interesting, maybe I don't need a character limiter, since dice roleplays all characters are equal in terms of stats anyway from the beginning to end. So I could have the jedi/sith be limited, but also keep soldiers, hunters, etc limited as well! I didn't think of that until now...

Alistair said:
I see, well that would be interesting, maybe I don't need a character limiter, since dice roleplays all characters are equal in terms of stats anyway from the beginning to end. So I could have the jedi/sith be limited, but also keep soldiers, hunters, etc limited as well! I didn't think of that until now...
That is a horribly inaccurate statement... in dice roleplays every stat is a point at which they can vary from other character. That's the point of character stats.

vinom said:
That is a horribly inaccurate statement... in dice roleplays every stat is a point at which they can vary from other character. That's the point of character stats.
I think you misinterpreted my meaning, let me try and explain it xD

In my old roleplay there wasn't a dice system so I had little to no control on how powerful characters or jedi/sith could become. With the dice roleplay, and the dice system intact to allow stats, all characters start out equal to each other in terms of being able to fight fairly, rather than "Oh I'm a jedi, I get to have the best stats" and beat every other character because of this. And all characters shall remain able to fairly fight one another (if they so choose). I'm not saying though that every character will have the same stats, I'm talking about starting out on equal levels/amount of points to stats/dice rolls (which will be 2 die of 6 faces for everyone in the beginning).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back