• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Star Wars Dice Roleplay?

Timeline??

• Old Republic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABY - After Battle of Yavin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Alistair said:
I think you misinterpreted my meaning, let me try and explain it xD
In my old roleplay there wasn't a dice system so I had little to no control on how powerful characters or jedi/sith could become. With the dice roleplay, and the dice system intact to allow stats, all characters start out equal to each other in terms of being able to fight fairly, rather than "Oh I'm a jedi, I get to have the best stats" and beat every other character because of this. And all characters shall remain able to fairly fight one another (if they so choose). I'm not saying though that every character will have the same stats, I'm talking about starting out on equal levels/amount of points to stats/dice rolls (which will be 2 die of 6 faces for everyone in the beginning).
Well that's more accuarate yes... but that does mean people's ability to fight will progress equally well. Anakin and Padmé both were in the three prequel movies, but they didn't gain combat prowess at the same rate. Anakin focused on Combat and the Force, while Padmé focused on Diplomacy and raking up large quantities of political pull. Different allocations of experience and time, as it were.

vinom said:
Well that's more accuarate yes... but that does mean people's ability to fight will progress equally well. Anakin and Padmé both were in the three prequel movies, but they didn't gain combat prowess at the same rate. Anakin focused on Combat and the Force, while Padmé focused on Diplomacy and raking up large quantities of political pull. Different allocations of experience and time, as it were.
I see your point, I shall take that into consideration as well when making the stat system. Any tips you might want to give? This is my first dice roleplay I'm making.

Honestly... Don't try to make a system from the ground up. There are four Star Wars Roleplay systems made that have already had many things statted out, play tested, and fine tuned. Take one, let say Saga edition, which has enough splat books to cover most your needs, and if you need something not described in there, work to make it within that system, perhaps with some feed back from someone else.

Most Dice Roll play games use established systems because it takes dozens if not hundreds/thousands of hours to build one competently.

I'm with Vinom. Star Wars is one of the earliest 'fandom' settings to get a dice game. I think right along with like early editions of D&D.

Besides, you don't need the extra difficulty making a new system when your hands will be full with a more than likely problematic group ;)

With The Force Awakens coming out in December 17 and me finding out my new found love for tabletop roleplays (Thanks to the oh-so lovely grim darkness of 41st millennium of Warhammer) few months ago, I would so, so love to try this out.

Though my knowledge of the Star Wars universe is uh rather rusty but nothing 3 hours of wiki reading wont remedy!

Either way I'd like to play a sith who has rather conflicting feelings about being a sith and feel they should be a jedi instead.

ResolverOshawott said:
With The Force Awakens coming out in December 17 and me finding out my new found love for tabletop roleplays (Thanks to the oh-so lovely grim darkness of 41st millennium of Warhammer) few months ago, I would so, so love to try this out.
Though my knowledge of the Star Wars universe is uh rather rusty but nothing 3 hours of wiki reading wont remedy!

Either way I'd like to play a sith who has rather conflicting feelings about being a sith and feel they should be a jedi instead.
Warhammer 40K, eh? Nice choice.

So a Grey Jedi? Sith are usually strongly set in their convictions, part of their whole schtick being enflamed passions. Grey Jedi are force sensitive beings that don't follow the ideology of light or dark sides. More like Luke Skywalker post movies.

Definitely a bounty hunter. For laughs, it may even be the son of my character in the previous RP of Star Wars I did with you. Who knows.

Fezzes said:
Warhammer 40K, eh? Nice choice.
Yep, I freaking love 40k and I'm actually apart of a Black Crusade campaign with 3 other players and with the person who got me into a 40k in the first place being the GM (Though I first started off with Dark Heresy but that got postponed so only the BC one for now)

But got damn do 40k is merciless towards your characters (Especially in DH from what i heard) and rolling for malignancies/mutations, psychic phenomena and perils of the warp are probably the most nail biting moments in a roleplay I'l ever experience.

But anyways this isn't the place to fangirl over Warhammer as It is a Star Wars thread though I am gravely disappointed that I don't see any Warhammer dice rps around here (I do remember seeing like 1-3 both here and on Iwaku back then).

[QUOTE="Teh Frixz]So a Grey Jedi? Sith are usually strongly set in their convictions, part of their whole schtick being enflamed passions. Grey Jedi are force sensitive beings that don't follow the ideology of light or dark sides. More like Luke Skywalker post movies.

[/QUOTE]
Yea, that. *Quickly google searches "Grey Jedi"*

Quigon is perhaps a good example of a Grey Jedi. Willing to bend the rules and ignore the Counsel to do what they personally think is best.

@vinom If I may ask, can you link me to some of the dice systems of the different games so I can pick and choose which one I might like the best? If its not bothering you or anything!

Star Wars role-playing games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a link to wiki entry for the different star wars RPGs made. Note that the Wizard of the Coast era was original, revised, then saga edition. Unfortunately, as these are the intellectual property of some series of companies. Common sense, copy right law, forum policy, and respect for the work of people in the industry make posting links to illegal pdfs that are posted out there. But there should be a legitimate way to acquire it.

whatever system is chosen we'll get a full explanation right? I'm definitely not familiar with any tabletop systems let alone dice roleplays

Most books have easy to read examples on gameplay. In general dice is much more satisfying than freeform.

[QUOTE="Space Bard]whatever system is chosen we'll get a full explanation right? I'm definitely not familiar with any tabletop systems let alone dice roleplays

[/QUOTE]
Ya, between the DM and the player more veteran to table top RPGs, you'll have enough people to not only explain the rules, but answer questions if they come up.

Sorry for the delay, school is getting in the way of things, I'll notify you all when the roleplay thread pops up!

We understand that IRL comes first. Take the time you need handle your classes and learn the dice system you'll choose to run.

vinom said:
We understand that IRL comes first. Take the time you need handle your classes and learn the dice system you'll choose to run.
I'm wondering if I could shorten the stats in one of the dice systems, to keep it easy for new-comers like Fezzes for dice roleplays, do you think that'll be okay? Or stick to the dice system as is?

Alistair said:
I'm wondering if I could shorten the stats in one of the dice systems, to keep it easy for new-comers like Fezzes for dice roleplays, do you think that'll be okay? Or stick to the dice system as is?
I'd recommend not changing things too much. Usually their number and scopes are designed to balance one another. Taking things out might unbalance things.

I agree. Systems have well...a system. Extensive editing and playtesting built it a certain way and removing elements is like throwing a wrench in the works. Depending on the system, I can't see it being too difficult to understand and there is a litany of resources available to help any and all newcomers to dice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back