• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Star Wars, DC Comics, Bands...

Redwing

Hey there! I've been away from the site for a while, so apologies for any odd behaviors or abnormal posting styles. Since summer's starting, I'll have a lot more free time to start and participate in some RP's, so I've decided to begin my search here by making my own thread. I'll start with rules, since they're usually pretty important and I'd like to get them out of the way.

Rules
1. I'm a writer, first and foremost, and as a writer I have certain expectations when it comes to literacy within ones own writing. Proper grammar is a MUST. This primarily means things like proper capitalization and punctuation, but it also means knowing the difference from "they're," "there," etc. Obviously the occasional typo is totally fine and completely understandable, I do it all the time, but I expect my partners to have gone through their work at least once in order to fix these sorts of errors. A few mistakes are all right, maybe one or two per paragraph, but having your writing littered with mistakes, at least one per sentence for example, is too much for me.
2. I prefer my partners to be over 18, just a personal preference.
3. Romance is fun, and I enjoy writing it, but I do not write smut or anything that's too NSFW. Not my kind of thing, again just a personal preference.
4. If you'd prefer not to do romance at all, that's totally fine with me too.
5. To assure that you've read all of this, please tell me what your favorite show/movie/video game is when you PM me
6. I enjoy talking OOC with my partners; primarily in regards to the RP itself. The characters, how the story is going, where it might go, etc. Please be ready to do so if you're interested :)
7. At least two paragraphs per post; quantity does not equal quality, but more often than not a longer post means more detail, and I love detail in my RP. On the flip side, please don't write too much either. There is certainly such a thing as too much detail!

Now, onto the list of ideas! :D Regarding the fandom ideas, I prefer that we both primarily play OC's, however writing as canon characters is probably going to be required at some point, even if it's just for a short while within the RP.

Fandoms
1. Star Wars: I'm a huge Star Wars nerd; I've read a ton of the new Expanded Universe comics and books that Disney has put out, and have a good amount of knowledge regarding the old EU as well. I'm open to any sort of story during any time period. I have a particular story idea for an OC I have, set at around the time of The Force Awakens, but I'm open to anything.
2. DC Comics: Huge DC comics fan as well. I'd be okay with writing pretty much anything, however I'm partial to teen storylines a la Robin, Young Justice, etc. No specific ideas for this, but I always enjoy DC RP's.
3. Dishonored: Loved both games, though I'm a bit more partial to the first. I have a couple of ideas for this one, both centering on the first game's plot.

Originals
1. Band RP: I've been considering a band RP for a while but I'm not sure exactly how it'd go. My main idea is to have a pair of old friends, guy and a girl, start a band together and rise to stardom. It'd be a mix of drama and romance, and the genre of music that would be focused on could be discussed between us.
2. Mech RP: Again, one I've been considering for a while. Takes place in a sci-fi setting where a pair of soldiers, either having known each other or not before this, are put together in order to control a mech (or a pair of mechs, if that's what you'd prefer) and fight other giant mechs or giant monsters, whichever we decide on.

Alright, I think that's everything. I'll update this with new ideas as I have them. Also, please PM me if you're interested in an RP, I'd prefer that over comments on this thread. If you've read this far, thank you so much, and feel free to PM me with any ideas you have. Thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back