• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Wars: An Old Republic Story

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Fine, fine, she was getting a talking to later. Helia knew what that kind of tilt of the helmet mean. She was tempted to argue, but now wasn't the time. Maybe Chuka had grenades, but Helia hadn't come intending to rumble, so all she had was her jetpack, her blaster, and a rifle swung on her back. "Roger," Helia said. A dead padawan wouldn't be useful, she reminded herself, and Chuka said to stun.

As Cadence expected, Helia used the time during their short exchange to reposition. Jedi often showed ability to control blaster shots with the Force and most of Helia's training involved the use of flamethrower and explosions. Still, the girl was a padawan. Maybe she wouldn't have the reflexes to catch the shots. If Helia could curve energy, control it like a Jedi, she'd be so much more deadly as a hunter. Curse her lack of ability. She made sure the blaster was on stun, lined up her shot, and fired.

Before the shot was even made Cadence was already moving. She blasted the Mando in front of her with a telekinetic push from the Force then turned to run back the way she came. The stun blast from behind narrowly missed her as she ran. Above her she had her eyes focused on a large radio antenna suspended to the roof with thick, iron cables. She threw her lightsaber up, cutting through one of the cables, the weapon continuing the arc before returning to her hand. As the cable fell free she jumped up to catch it halfway, her momentum carrying her over the side of the building where she plummeted to the street below.

As she fell she tried her best to get her legs out in front of her, bracing herself for the inevitable impact against the side of the building. When she struck there was a loud thud and a large crack formed in the window. The force of the blow jarred her hand loose and she screamed as she fell. Somehow, through sheer luck, she managed to catch herself on a ledge after a short fall, though she lost her grip on her lightsaber. She followed the weapon with her eyes as it fell to the street far below.

Frak, frak, frak, frak, she cursed to herself. Then somewhere above her, she heard what sounded like a rocket taking off and suddenly she remembered that Mandalorians have jetpacks. "
Double frak..."

Last edited:
If he had had time Chuka would have let out a tired sigh as the tried and tested Jedi go to telekinetic push came at him. She had clearly received some measure of training in less than lethal tactics. Her Master most have some level skill.

But all the same the invisible wave hit him, sending him tumbling backwards, but with quick thinking the Old Hunter leaned into braced against the blast and angled his body so the jet pack would push forward to counteract his new momentum. Once he recovered he was sprinting towards the edge of the roof, holstering his pistol as he leapt over the side of the roof into the empty air. His eyes never left Cadence as she also went over the edge. Trusting that Helia was also moving to the edge of the roof, chasing after the acquisition.

As she was hitting the side of the hotel, wincing under his helmet as he heard the crack of the glass under the Padawan's awkward landing. The Mandalorian activated his jet pack to arrest his own fall, bringing up both bracers, one with a flamethrower the other with spring wire hook. "Need a hand?" Hovering just out of reach, ready to roast her if she was stupid or cocky thinking she could fight her way out of this without her lightsaber, dangling 16 floors above the street, or entangle her if she was smart and surrendered.

-----------------------------
"Venn do you have any other insight or concerns about getting to the meeting tomorrow?"

After discussing tomorrow's agenda with the Senator and Venn the Jedi Master would excuse himself and retired to his room where he intended to meditate and rest. He passed the room Cadence has chosen, and as he looked at the door, his hand hovering over the door pad to announce someone was there, he could feel the unease and... worry? Fear? Fear of the Sith? Of the unknown? Coming from his Padawan, but decided to give the girl time to sorry through these feelings tonight and he would talk to her in the morning. And so he walked to his room and closed the door leaving him in darkness and quiet.

Cadence's muscles strained as she tried to pull herself up. When Chuka flew down next to her and offered to help she rolled her eyes. "Oh yea, sure. Could you go get my lightsaber for me... Aahh!" She yelped when her hand slipped. Dangling from one arm sixteen floors up she stared at the ground wide-eyed in horror. Okay, okay, I regret every decision I've made today. With a great deal of effort she stretched her free hand up to catch the ledge. When her fingers found purchase she let out an explosive breath. Her arms were getting tired now, she could feel it. She wouldn't be able to hold out for much longer.

"Okay, um... I have an idea," she said, trying her best to steady herself with her legs, "You help get me down, and then we just forget this whole thing ever happened. You go your way and I go mine. I mean, clearly I'm not worth the effort, right? All the trouble I just put you through, plus a lot of people are going to be asking questions. Really, I mean personally, I'd just let this one go."

Last edited:
Helia repositioned, making sure she had a line on the padawan. "I got the Force cuffs ready," she muttered to Chuka over the comms. "We bringing in a bounty on this or just using her for leverage? This isn't part of the job, right?" Bounty hunting wasn't exactly the most moral career, but this wasn't about the morals. If they took custody of the padawan, they'd have to look after it. Looking after someone who wasn't part of the job and not a bounty wasn't exactly on the top of Helia's wish list.

Venn.png
Venn Vorale
Venn shook his head, "Nah, aside from maybe some Imperial troopers wanting to make us look bad, but if the Sith have them on a tight leash they don't try anything."
After the short review of the agenda, he bid the senator a good night and offered the advice not to drink too much. Then went into an empty room to sleep.
The next morning he woke and washed his face, going through his morning routine plus accidentally kicking a chair leg, resulting in a few more muttered swears than most mornings. Once suited up and presentable, he exited his room, seeing that either everyone was still asleep, or in their rooms. Glancing out the window, the sun had just barely begun to rise from the horizon, and checking a nearby clock confirmed that yes, it was the crack of dawn. Venn tapped the chin of his helmet in thought for a moment, then left the hotel suite, making up his mind quickly. Doing the perimeter sweep yesterday, Venn remembered seeing a cafe and bakery nearby. Once out of the hotel properly, he spotted it across the street and just down the street a stones throw away. A small smile appeared on Venn's face as he checked the electronic translator built into his vambrace and helmet, then he walked over to the cafe.

It was just barely opening and the scent of freshly baked breads filled the air. A few Swokes were sitting inside already having breakfast, but there weren't that many. Venn walked over to the bakery and struck up a lively conversation with the matriarch at the cafe. Using the translator and a few words he remembered from the packet he read over, the trooper learned that last week the Matriarch's grandson thought he had offended his wife and while distraught, concocted a tremendously elaborate plan to win back her favor. When in fact he hadn't offended her at all. Venn laughed heartily along with the matriarch, as she gathered the buns of bread and meat stuffed rolls. As Venn leaned on the counter to pull out the credits, the Matriarch spoke up.
"You should try Swokes spiced caf, it's guaranteed to wake you up, and it's a common traditional drink for the morning."
Venn shrugged, "Why not?", accompanied with a heavily accented, poorly pronounced, "Yes." in Swoken.
A few moments later, a steaming cup of caf was placed in front of him, and Venn took off his helmet, placing it on the counter, to grab the drink. He brought it up to his face to give it a sniff, and he could definitely detect a number of spices in the drink, "Smells good." He remarked, then he blew on it and took a sip. The hot caf tasted great, and he was about to take a second sip when he felt the heat lingering, only intensifying. He shot a worrying look at the Matriarch, and she burst into laughter as Venn set the cup down. The Matriarch then slapped Venn's back and he lurched forward, barely catching himself from falling over, and the Matriarch laughed more.
"I thought you were a big soldier boy!"
"Not big enough to withstand your strength Grandmother. This is, really spicy!"
Venn managed to say.
"I might have forgotten to mention you have spiced caf with milkbread." She said, putting a plate of small rolls in front of him.

Eventually the noises above quieted down and Ciel didn't bother going up to check on the ruckus. She sat in, listening to the briefing for the next day's events, then returned to her room to rest for the night. It was not restful. Something bothered her, some looming threat. What would go wrong? Something. Likely a social bumble on the side of the diplomat, and she tried to quiet her mind with that assurance, but she couldn't be sure the threat wasn't more lethal.

Regardless of worries and feelings of doom, the sun rose in the morning and, with it, came the noise of troops rising and dressing. Metal on metal on metal, armor snapping into place, blasters sliding into holsters. Ciel was up before them, reviewing the itinerary. Her nerves would get the better of her and the caff in the rooms was horrible, so she headed down to the streets, looking for something half decent. It didn't take her long to come across a small cafe.

Upon entering, however, she noticed the Republic Trooper at the front. The same one that bowed his head the day before from the feel of him. She frowned, then composed herself and approached the front.

"May I have a cup of your strongest caff, please?" she requested, taking out a credit chit.

Venn Vorale
Venn had just bitten into a milkbread roll when a familiar face, or rather, mask, stepped into the cafe. The Sith apparently ignored him. Which was perfectly fine with Venn, as she went up to the counter next to him and ordered the cafes strongest caf, rather quite politely. And she took out credits to pay. Venn looked at the money with bread in his mouth, chewing, as the cafe matriarch walked away and began working the caf machine. So Venn took a gamble. He was pretty sure of the results, but with any situation like this, meeting a former enemy, things tended to be gambles. If she was polite enough to request caf, instead of demand, and pay with credits, the odds of him getting cut down on the spot for speaking to her were pretty low, he reasoned.
Venn swallowed the bite of bread he was chewing and then he moved the plate of milkbread towards the Sith, two more rolls still on the plate.
"If your caf is anything like mine, it can get pretty spicy." He offered with a friendly smile, "And if it isn't, breakfast is on me. It's freshly baked."

Patience was always necessary. Patience and comprehension of the situation. The matriarch worked and she would get her well-earned credits. What, did the soldier expect some barbarous oaf? Ciel wasn't the best at parsing others' feelings, but the blatant ones were easy and, whether her assumptions and prejudices colored her perception of his emotions or not, she felt this situation was cut and dried. His words were friendly enough, he seemed, whether cautiously or not, optimistic about this situation, mostly harmless. And, really, if the treaty continued and, eventually, ended the war between the two sides, situations like this would become common place. Theoretically, at least.

"No, thank you," she replied. She didn't intend to continue a conversation with him, but social pleasantries were part of life in the Empire as well and she was still curious about the day before. So, she glanced over at him. "You were the one who bowed yesterday. Why?" The matriarch returned with spiced caf and Ciel moved to the trooper's other side once her transaction was processed, preferring not to block other customers.

Venn Vorale
She denied his offer for breakfast, and Venn gave a slight nod in acknowledgement, taking the plate of bread back to his side. His friendly smile remained, undaunted by the the refusal. "Well, more for me then." He remarked. So far, he didn't have a lightsaber in his chest, and his neck wasn't getting squeezed by a force choke. Almost like we're friends! Venn optimistically thought, partly as a joke to himself. As soon as the matriarch handed the Sith her caf, she moved to his other side, opening up a space so other customers could pay for food and drink.
"You were the one who bowed yesterday. Why?" She asked.
"Ah, that was me, you are correct." He confirmed, taking another sip of spiced caf, followed with a quick bite of bread. "I bowed because someone had to step aside. If my side thumped our chests and then your side thumped your chests, we could've had a firefight right there in the lobby, on neutral ground. Depending on how hot headed everyone is. I'd rather not take that gamble, and besides, it's not like the Republic owns that place and it would have been rude to be anything except welcoming." Venn explained, he leaned over making his voice quieter, as if telling a secret, "And between you and me I'd rather not blink and find a saber in my chest when everyone's here to play bodyguard to diplomats."

She blinked at him a couple times, processing his words. Well, Sith were kind of seen as easily angered, people to be tiptoed around, even in the Empire. That was idiocy, of course, if a person couldn't state an opinion, were they really free? And wasn't the Sith Code to do with freedom? Silliness all around.

"But neither does the Empire own this planet. You bowing may be seen as a weakness." Her words may've been unintentionally harsh, but she couldn't backtrack on what came out. That, in and of itself, would've been weakness and how Bokden would love to lord that over her. No, the trooper didn't need clarification or a softer tone. He was a soldier, and, as Father said, soldiers were mostly the same. "Your deference to life will serve you. Let us hope the rest of your allies and mine share that same hunger." She took a sip of the caf and winced a bit. The spice was strong and the burn was appreciated. It also took her away, ever so slightly, from her growing discomfort with the conversation. She might've been trained in a bit of diplomacy, but her main focus was internal affairs, Laws and Justice. If the war started up and she'd earned her lordship, it was highly likely she wouldn't see the battlefield with this route, so talking to a Republic trooper was... out of her league. Maybe she should've ordered whiskey instead.

Venn Vorale

Weakness? In honesty, the thought hadn't even crossed his mind. He thought back to his early days in the Republic military, where he was told to be proud and unyielding, for if he wore the symbol of the Republic on his shoulder, he represented it. And for a while, he truly did believe that. Thinking that if he died on some battlefield far away from home, he would be honored and there would be parades, that the Republic cared about his life. He later figured out that would be only sort of correct. Parades yes, honor yes. But for entire units, very rarely for individuals, and if individuals were mentioned, it was only for ten, fifteen minutes tops. Then families and friends mourned, and the dead would just be a footnote in some history book. If they were lucky they got a statue. Going to these events sobered Venn quickly. He realized that he'd been holding onto his cup of caf for a beat too long, and so he spoke up in response.

"If looking weak keeps me alive for a few days longer, I think I would take it. I'm not ashamed of that." Venn said casually, a moment passed before he asked, "You sure you don't want any breakfast? I'll get you something off the menu if you don't want milkbread. I'm already buying for the whole Republic group here so it really isn't any trouble."

"Offering to buy food for a Sith? You are odd." Maybe he wasn't like all the rest of the soldiers. She narrowed her eyes, trying to figure him out. "You don't seem like a defector. Why are you reacting to me so friendly?" Finally, she turned entirely to face him. "Even if we're at peace, as your padawan friend said, we are considered enemies. Your initial deference seems to be a survival tactic, but now you're just... open. Why?"

Venn Vorale

Venn rose an eyebrow at her, but he supposed that the suspicion made sense. A common Jedi would have just gone with the flow but anyone else naturally would have questions. He thought back to the first time he met a Sith, and how he wasn't anything like the propaganda said. And the first time he met a Jedi, and how that Jedi was unlike anything that people talked about. Those first impressions definitely shaped his perceptions about the universe.
"Well, I've been around the galaxy." He started, "It's a rough enough place even without a big war tearing it apart. I try to be a decent enough person to everyone, just makes everyones lives easier and much more enjoyable, when people aren't at each others throats." He rubbed his chin for a moment, "And I've met decent Sith, and not so decent Jedi. It's nice to know that you're one of the decent ones."

Interesting man, quite interesting indeed. Her posture remained relaxed and, though she couldn't be sure he wasn't SIS and trying to weasel information out of her, she decided to keep from baiting him into an argument. It served neither of them.

"Then let's hope scenes like this will more readily play out in neutral spaces across the galaxy. It's simpler this way." No need to behave like wild animals. No need to become friends, either, of course. Besides, Republic military hadn't done anything against her, it was the Jedi. Her attitude would've been different had she found the Jedi at the cafe. There would be no words exchanged, nor would there be bloodshed. Logically, of course, the two factions were nothing more than too powerful religious cults, but Ciel still hated the Jedi more than was warranted. She took a long drink of her caf. "I wish you safety in your mission. The Republic could use more like you."

Venn Vorale

Venn smiled at the Sith again, he was about to say the same to her, that the Empire could use more Sith like her, but held that comment back. Instead he said,
"Thanks for the compliment. And... safety to you too." The well wishes in return were awkwardly spoken, usually his and his comrades in the military tended to have less formal ones. 'Don't die', 'Don't catch a blaster bolt', 'You still owe me 20 credits', were far more common. Venn glanced back at the counter, his large paper bag full of assorted breads and pastries still stood there. "I better get back and deliver this food. Have a good morning, uh, my lord? Lady?" He gave the Sith a shrug, and then finished his caf, and his milkbread, then donned his helmet and grabbed the large bag with both arms. Before leaving, he gave the Sith a sloppy two fingered salute. Back on the counter, there was still one milkbread bun left.

Venn wasn't subtle when he entered the suite, his footfalls were heavy and stomping, and he moved chairs around loudly after placing the bag on the table. After a moment, he heard people stirring from sleep. He went to Delrick's room and knocked loudly.
"Hey I got us some breakfast!" He said, then he walked over to Cadence's chosen room, and knocked as well, "Breakfast is served!"

Hovering in the air next to the dangling Padawan, Chuka smirked under his helmet. 'She's just young and cocky enough to be sassy. She could be trouble after some experience.' He thought as Cadence recovered from almost falling.

"I got the Force cuffs ready. We bringing in a bounty on this or just using her for leverage? This isn't part of the job, right?" Helia asked over comms.

"We'll help you down." Nodding to Helia to move in with the binders, both the flamethrower and snap cable aimed at the young girl. "You've hardly been any trouble, and Jedi are always worth it." He was speaking to both Cadence and his younger Hunter openly. "You always take a bonus when you see it."

Once the Padawan was secured in the binders, Chuka hooked her under her armpits to support the weight. Looking to Helia he said over comms. "Vaabir gar bora, Ni Kelir naritir kaysh bat gar ship. Val Kelir haa'taylir at ni par ibic. - (Do your job, I will put her on your ship. They will look to me for this.)" Speaking in Mandoa just in case Cadence could hear what he was saying.

With that the Mandalorian flew back to the space port and to Helia's ship, ensuring no one saw them enter. "Stay put and be quiet, and you'll make it through this alive." He warned once they were on the ship and he had secured her in one of the bunks, hands above her head and taking a second set of binders to her feet, locking them to the foot of the bunk.

Stepping out of the ship, looking around before locking the hatch and raising the ramp. The pre-dawn light starting to fill the sky. 'Better get moving.' Chuka set off on foot towards the first of three stops where he would fulfill his part of the contract.

---------------------------

Delrick had risen just after Venn had left the suite, and had been taking the early morning calm and quite to enjoy the sunrise from the balcony. A cup of warm caf, compliments of the hotel was in his hands. It was not the best cup he had ever had, but it was much better then some of the cups soldiers can concoct on the battlefield.

Sitting quietly on the balcony the Master Jedi smiled as the troopers heavy stomping footfalls announced his return. Shaking his head at the door thumping and shouting to ensure everyone was awake, trooper habits never die.

"Thank you for getting this." Smiling as he walked in from the balcony, as Venn returned to the main lounge area. "Though I'm sure the Senator was expecting to sleep a bit longer and be woken in a more comfortable fashion." Picking up a still warm bun from the bag and sitting on a couch, crossing one leg in the process. In truth Tarth had barely heard the door thumping having finished two of the bottles the night prior and then buried himself into the luxurious bedding and pillows. He has asked the imperial nanny droid, as he thought of AP-43, to wake him an hour after dawn so he could have plenty of time to get ready for the negotiations.

Delrick felt something tickle the back of his mind just then. 'Cadence?' He looked up and across the room to the wall that separated her room from the lounge. 'We really need to talk once she's out here.'

Shaking his head he looked to Venn and asked "Anything of interest or were noting this morning?" Before taking a bite of the warm roll.

Last edited:
Stay put, he says, she grumbled to herself. She twisted her body to look up at her wrists. He had attached the cuffs to the bed frame, doing the same for her feet on the other side. With her movement extremely limited all she could really do was twist in place. Bracing herself for the inevitable pain she tried to kick and pull against the bed frame hoping to jar it loose. Unfortunately, her efforts were for naught. The frame stood fast against her struggle and eventually she tired herself out. Swearing inwardly to herself she lay there for a moment contemplating her options.

Obviously, forcing her way out wasn't going to work. She needed to think more creatively. With some effort she tried to crane her neck up over the bed to see if there was anything she could use. Aside from some personal effects, scattered clothes, a few appliances, and cookware there really wasn't much available. A hydrospanner, or some kind of tool she could use to loosen the bolts on the bed frame would sure come in handy right now, but maybe she could use something heavy. She looked around for the heaviest object available then focused all her power on it. After a minute of straining, she barely managed to move it an inch. Were the cuffs suppressing her powers? Is such a thing even possible?

She sighed. Master Delrick would probably say there's some lesson to be learned here. I just wish I had the patience to figure it out. The Mandalorians who took her were obviously up to something. The lead Mando had referred to her as a 'bonus' which means she wasn't their objective. They were on that roof for some other reason. But what were they trying to do? Mandalorians more often than not hired themselves out as bounty hunters, usually to the Empire. The Sith took advantage of their mutual hatred for the Jedi and employed Mandalorian squads across the galaxy to deadly effect. Their beskar armor and specialized equipment made them notoriously difficult to kill, even for a Jedi.

If there were two of them at the hotel could they be hunting Jedi Master Delrick? As soon as the thought had crossed her mind she continued her struggle, kicking the bed frame as hard as she could manage to little effect. With her hands and feet bound the way they were, it was difficult for her to muster enough power to damage the frame. I need to warn him, her mind raced, eyes shooting wildly about the room. Finally, she laid her head back and tried to relax. Closing her eyes she deliberately slowed her breathing using the meditation techniques Delrick had taught her, the ones she didn't have time for. She wasn't even sure this would work, but with no other option she tried to reach out to her Master through the Force.

"Master..." Nothing but a moment of breathless waiting followed just as she had expected. Still, she tried it again, "Master, please hear me..."

Last edited:
Helia did as she was told, donning her jetpack after Chuka left the scene and heading off to fulfill her part of the contract. The idea of hiding a padawan in her ship didn't sit well with her, especially if the Republic found it there. Then again, she wouldn't be surprised if she was already considered a criminal in that side of the galaxy.

When the sunrise kissed the sky, she was already done with her part and she was sure Chuka must be through with the bonus objective. "Linibar Gaa'tayl ruug'la jag?" (Need help old man?) she called over the comms.

---

Ciel didn't answer the trooper, knowing she'd already said too much. When he left, she drained her cup and set the empty, metal container gently on the counter. She waited in silence for several minutes, ignoring the civilians that gave her a wide berth. This time, she didn't want to follow and listen. All he was doing was bring sugary breads to his fellows. It was likely a younger soldier would be sent for the same in her camp. Regardless, she left once she knew she wouldn't follow too closely, and returned silently to the Imperial level of the hotel.

Venn Vorale

Venn paused before knocking on another door, after hearing Delricks comment about the senators sleep. He looked a little sheepish, and he inhaled sharply, before slowly putting his hand down and walking to Delrick's couch. Much quieter this time, though his posture or gait hadn't changed much at all. "Right. You are right." He said. Sitting down, he took his helmet off and leaned back on the couch, getting comfortable.
"Anything of interest or were noting this morning?"
Venn glanced up and squinted for a moment, letting out a hum of thought, "Well, the cafe across the street makes some great caf, the traditional one is pretty spicy, but definitely wakes you up. The owner is friendly and I'm pretty sure she could throw me out like a sack of trash if I was causing trouble without much strain." He said, counting each point off with a finger, "I had breakfast with one of the Sith, pretty friendly gal. Didn't immediately cut me down with her saber or force choke me, so, pretty friendly in my book. We just chatted about yesterday, nothing serious. And don't worry, I didn't let anything slip." He reassured, finally looking down at Delrick, and closing his hand. Venn gave the Jedi a shrug before glancing to Cadances door, noticing that it wasn't open yet, which was odd to him. Jedi, even Padawans, were usually disciplined people. "Does uh, the kid sleep in often?" He asked before squinting again, "Remind me do normal people get ready and out of bed in less than a minute or is that uh... that just an army thing?"

Delrick felt something tickle the back of his mind just then. 'Cadence?' He looked up and across the room to the wall that separated her room from the lounge. 'We really need to talk once she's out here.'

"Does uh, the kid sleep in often?" He asked before squinting again, "Remind me do normal people get ready and out of bed in less than a minute or is that uh... that just an army thing?"

Shaking his head slightly and pinching the bridge of his nose the Jedi Master looked to the Trooper. "Mhmm? Um. No. She isn't normally one to sleep in this late." Taking a long deep drink of the complimentary caf before answering the rest of the question. "It is my experience that beings that are not indoctrinated in such a regimented lifestyle do take longer to get ready for the day then a minute." He said with a smile, but subtle body language ques would suggest that he was a bit concerned that Cadence had not appeared.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After leaving the spaceport the older Hunter did a quick search of the area in front of the hotel for the dropped lightsaber, but was unable to find it. Which was a shame as he would have preferred to add it the small collection of Jedi and Sith sabers he had.

But with that behind him he set about planting the crude explosives in the predetermined locations for the Sith in the pre-dawn hours.

"Linibar Gaa'tayl ruug'la jag?" (Need help old man?)

Shaking his head as he set the final charge. "I was wondering when you would check-in." Implying that he had already completed his end of contract. "You're buying caf." Calmly walking out of the part of the hotel that securely held its clienteles speeders and various ground transport.

"Damn!" Helia muttered under her breath. Then she replied over comms. "Fine, where do we meet?"

By this point she'd returned to her room. She wasn't much for caff, found it messed with her energy, but she'd devour a few pastries, maybe drink something spiced. As much as she wanted it, tihaar wasn't a morning drink. Chuka could drink it all he liked. He earned his status fair and square. She didn't have the edge, at least not enough to do a job half-drunk.

Venn Vorale
Venn recoiled in mock indignation, "Indoctrination. What a word to describe it." He joked, but he noticed Delrick's slight restlessness, glances at her door, slight fidgeting. Venn pulled out a napkin and began to place some food on it for Cadence. "You should try getting her up this time, I don't want to get yelled at for knocking on her door twice." He commented, then he looked back at her door, "Though if you want me to play the big bad drill instructor I could do that." Venn offered, remembering with not much fondness, ear splittingly loud bells waking up an entire barracks of trainees even before the sun came up. A total of about four hours of sleep every night. Exhausting physical work and training the entire day. He was so very glad that was done and over with. While he didn't have a bell and drumstick but he was sure he could get creative.

The Jedi Master smiled at the levity the trooper was trying to use to help ease his own minor tension. "If it comes to it I will let you rouse my Padawan in much more brusk manner tomorrow!" He said with a light chuckle as he rose from the couch and looked out the window at the brightening sky, moving towards Cadence's door.

His waved tapped the chime, which activated a speaker system. "Cadence, it's time for you be ready." He paused waiting for a reply. After a moment with no answer he tapped the chime again. "Is everything alright?" The tone of his voice was not exactly concerned, not was it exactly calm. But similar to the tone a concerned parent would use when their offspring was being vexing. Again there was no reply. Frowning deeply Delrick entered the unlock code and entered the room. "Padawan Sinclair I'm coming in, Cadence you really should know better by now." He called out in a slightly annoyed volume. She was not a youngling, why was acting like one?

His eyes noted that the bed had been barely disturbed. Raising an eyebrow he moved towards to when he felt a breeze, turning towards the open balcony window. Stepping out on to it, hoping to find her deep in meditation as he had been trying to teach her to do.

But it was empty.

Letting out a sigh of frustration and mild concern. The Jedi Master looked over the edge down the many stories to the already bustling street below, then looking up. He noticed the cable hanging over the edge and pair of droids tending to it. 'Was that like that last night?'

Delrick moved back to the lounge, his face skewed up in combination scowl and thought. "She's not in her room." He stated as his right hand tapped his chin. "Venn, would go check the roof? Cadence sometimes likes to sit in a high perch to think." His left hand resting casually on the hilt of his lightsaber as he moved to the main entrance to the suite. "I'm going to go check the street and that Caf shop you men...."

There was a bright flash, a thunderous roar the was the only sound in the world, what felt like a wall of force hitting Delrick in the side, coming from the general direction of the Senator's and Cadence's rooms, suddenly the door seemed to flying at him. That was the last thing the Jedi saw before darkness enveloped him.

Venn would also feel the effects of the explosion, which seemed much larger then the size of the room would have been.

A similar explosion was ripping through the Sith delegations suite, also seemingly focused on the diplomat's room.

--------------------------------

Chuka was at a table in front of the Caf Cafe waiting on Helia to arrive. "I just sent you the location, I'm sitting out front." His helmet resting on the table as he drank a steaming cup of Spiced Caf, a half eaten milk bread roll within reach. The older Hunter enjoyed the pleasant burn that spread across his chest with each sip.

He tapped the side of his temple once Helia arrived. He wouldn't ask about the explosives, they were here specialty after all, and if he had not had a problem setting and linking them to a single remote then she would have been able to do significantly easier then him.

"The next time you have an opportunity to take down an acquisition, you do it." Once she was siting. "You have to trust your partner, or fellow Hunter, can take care of themselves." His tone and expression were stern but not mad, this was the same tone he had been told was his instructor tone. It held a hint frustration and disappointment, without being condescending.

Taking a bite of the roll then sipping on the spiced caf, and letting out a contented sigh. Letting her say her piece of she chose, before he would slide a simple remote to her. Giving a single nod, with a look directly to her eyes, through a faceplate or directly, this was him letting her know he still trusted her and had no hard feelings. Plus he knew how much she enjoyed explosions and causing them. "Do it."

Helia joined Chuka as quickly as she could, removing her helmet as she joined his table. Of course, it was straight into the lesson. Her shoulders slumped, feeling like she was right back in training again. This wasn't her first mission! Not yet her 15th, though. She had a lot to learn. "Right, but I thought we were trying not to, you know... Could've just sent her away and -" She sighed and shook her head. "I get it. Won't happen again." If they were in a more private place her argument might've been more articulate. She thought about switching to Mando'a, but there was always a chance someone knew it. The galaxy might be big, but it wasn't that big. In the mean time, she got a caf and returned to the table.

Her countenance changed considerably when he passed her the remote. She couldn't help it, though she did try, and smiled like a kid on Life Day. This wasn't her favorite way of triggering a bomb. She wouldn't see the destruction, the beautiful plume of orange swiftly followed by billowing black and gray smoke. No, she was supposed to be inconspicuous. So, for the first time in her life, she held the trigger, pressed the button, and didn't watch heaps of metal and concrete litter the street. The boom and rumbling in the street was nice, though.

---

Soldiers were up, Bokden was seething, and neither droid nor diplomat was seen. Ciel decided enough was enough, patience already wearing thin with the horrendous company and ridiculous reason for being there. Did the diplomat even need two Sith for extra guard or was this all a dick measuring contest with the Republic delegation? She had a thought it was the latter.

Before she crossed the hall toward the diplomat's room, however, an explosion rocked the building. Orange flame burst from the diplomat's room, sending the door, now a half-melted chunk of metal, flying into the opposite wall. Her eyes grew wide and she thought to race in, try and save the pompous man, but as she reached out she felt the life force had already faded from him.

The troops rushed forward, as if to save the dead, and she held out her hand. "He's gone," she stated, lips drawn thin. Was this the Jedi's doing? SIS? Her mind fluttered through possibilities before she looked out the window to see smoke billowing from the floor below as well. Her mask went on and into the flames she went. If there was an agent there, it would die after providing sufficient answers.

Bokden stood at the back of the group, eyes wide. It took him several minutes to process what happened. "Those traitors," he snarled under his breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back