• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek: The unknown lands

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Dr. Leonard Kingston, sickbay

"Defenitally a concussion." Leonard mumbles "As for what happened, we crashed and well, the chief medical officer's still missing somewhere." he explains "And most systems are down, including comms, but the warp core is still in tact.", he wants to say more when the door opens, revealing their commander "I'm sure Melody can brief you further. Kaori lay back down before I tie you to the bed." he says, walking to the replicator.
-----
Commander Melody Kirk, sickbay

When Melody sees the captain awake she bring the box to her friends office before going over "Captain, I'm glad to see you awake." she says "Though I wish our circustances were better. There are several hull breaches, comms are down and the heating is down as well." she sums up, wondering if she's forgetting something "The scientists who were in the experimental lab didn't survive the crash, I've yet to locate our navigator we haven't found everyone yet." she adds.

Last edited:
Lieutenant Kaori Tachibana

Upon Melody's return, Kaori had the urge to ask about her room. Whether that sector of the ship had remained intact. Knowing that this would undoubtedly draw up some unnecessary suspicion, she still refrained from saying anything. She did hope that none of the crew had actually gone into her room. Of course, that wouldn't matter much if the door to her room had been breached. She took a deep breath and let out a sigh when instructed to lay back down, but she did what she was told without protest. Ultimately if things went sideways, she was prepared to explain herself. She was also certain no one would get hurt. She just figured it would be a bad time to have another mark on her record. She was already developing a negative impression on some of the officers, and that's definitely not how she intended to start. She still felt like she was prepared for the assignment, though. No matter what the crew thought of her, she was there to do a job. A job that in the past she had excelled in. She just hadn't gotten her moment to shine yet.

Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia

When there's movement near the door the doctor goes to checks after ordering the replicator for the concoction he has to give Kaori, spotting black fur before he realizes exactly what he forgot to ask Melody, but to be fair, he had been quite busy with treating patients. He picks up the fluffy animal and sighs, checking the cat for injuries, but not finding any, thank god for that "Someone check the captain's quarters and bring his dog here." he orders, so one of the security personel leaves sickbay to check. He finds what he needs and hands Kaori a drink "Drink that and help me out." he says, the cat is currently perched on one of the empty beds, looking around with curiosity, the only thing about the cat is that the fur is super messy, but nothing a brush can't handle. Leonard just goes from patient to patient, not minding the animal one bit considering he's used to it.
-----------------------------------------
Commander Melody Kirk, sickbay

Upon spotting her cat Melody frowns, she hadn't even thought to check up on the rooms for the pets on board, with a low whistle the cat jumps down and runs over "Shadow." she whispers picking her up "I'm so sorry I didn't come by to check." she says quietly, scratching the cat behind the ear, earning a pur, she makes a list of pets on board the ship, her cat, the captain's dog, some weird dragon thing... well at least someone remembered, even if Shadow had to show up before that happened.

NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Mitheral Mitheral Shadow101 Shadow101

LCDR Elashia Darma Isar
Counselor

TVUadY23I_ErHnQqn36g9atVCz4ueFUdRXTyObxHyMAlCOwjKHOsR6ClRtkXM5LLco8_oLuBkk2AQO3x-p322QTL8JQblAjwvmZC3rGoKzJZW2GYEHamvCMzOY-qfcd3ZnKgidS3maXXrwnTFA
It was days like this that made Edi question her decision not to retire - or come out of retirement - over and over again. She sighed and groaned a little, checking the blister pouch on the side of her uniform only to recall that she had stuffed Tidbit full of meal tidbits until her belly started to stretch and she began to yawn. It was always the best way to get the little ichthydragon not to complain about being left in the room. But the Captain didn’t exactly approve of pets on the Bridge. Edi considered this a little prejudicial as Tidbit was also used as part of her job. Though, to be honest that was a bit of a stretch. The simple truth was that a Bridge crew didn’t need distractions - ever. Tidbit was probably far safer in her specially built habitat - safer than the crew for that matter.

Edi never really liked the idea of a Counselor on the Bridge. She always had the impression that everyone acted differently whenever they thought they were being scrutinized. She felt that a Captain, more than anyone else, didn’t need that sort of self-doubt. But Captain April had once told her that every Captain had those doubts from time to time no matter who was on the Bridge. She smiled to herself as she recalled asking if HE felt like that. He had smiled and told her, “Of course not.” She had almost believed him. Almost.

The Phoenix was a battleship with the capabilities to conduct exploration or science missions if needed. Unlike the old Galaxy class ships, this ship had a two seat command section on the Bridge. On this ship a Counselor filled more of a medical role. That being the case, both her office and quarters were on Deck 5 near Sick Bay. Like most medical personnel she had been strapped in and braced for trouble. There was no reason for medical personnel to be moving about during a battle unless they were needed.

Edi arrived in Sick Bay along with one of the Security personnel, each of them pushing a medical grav stretcher with a new patient. These had been dug up from the lower decks where the turbo lifts didn’t function and casualties had to be rescued by hand. Edi had felt like a fifth wheel. So she placed herself where she could do the most good. Medical personnel were stretched thin as it was. So any warm body was useful to move people and ease pain.

“Compound fractures here. Ice packed to slow bleeding and reduce pain. Other one has broken ribs, punctured lung. Probable internal injuries. I placed him in a healing trance to slow down his need for oxygen. Where should we put them?”

Tag: Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101

Last edited:
James Rhand
Helm

Po__-Q4oYrHtmsm7uFTCLW0BxIWuFzXq_IrliNRHkrWxOAk3UwXBM-yCUsHkmyNGtP_0wXNOCjrwUbfVEuyUSkNd85zideeQPffg57nhEOaOtqzVpy3Ia6xxDr0pOO94_R6NRbOjvryWFuU4xg
James awoke rather suddenly to some faint sound that had been just enough to jar his senses and bring him around. He paused, a little confused as he realized he couldn’t sit up - equally confused as to why he was laying down on the job to begin with.

Then recent memories began to filter in through the fog of whatever medicine the doctor had given him. Truth to tell, he felt pretty good. He looked over at whatever medical personnel were around. “Someone want to let me up so I can get back to work? Just slap a bandaid on me, tell me to take two and I will call you in the morning.” He smiled at the nurse trying to give his most charming smile. It wasn’t working. “Huh, that bad? Look, I’m not a Captain. I once heard it from a doctor. Starship captains are the biggest babies of all.”

He caught the sudden looks from several close by personnel. Without skipping a beat he continued. “He’s here. Could someone please sew my lips shut? You know, I really did hear a doctor say that.”

He lapsed into silence for a moment. Then, much more soberly he asked, “How bad was it?” He knew the crash wasn’t his fault. He couldn’t just play Q and wish a planet out of his way. It was a miracle as it was that the crew hadn’t been turned into jelly the way they had overtaxed the inertial dampers. If the ship ever flew again it would be living up to its name.

The nurse had removed the restraints. They had been there to keep him from hurting himself if he woke up too fast. He saw the implied warnings not to move too fast. But he wanted to know the extent of the injuries.

He could feel his hair was still there. Most of the bandages he now sported seemed to be on his left arm. Unless he was mistaken he had been burned. It was in a splint. That wasn’t good at all. But it was a light splint - meant to restrain. Not broken? Then why? His left shoulder felt as though it had been dislocated. He had torn fingernails. Then he remembered He had caught someone flying past him on a reflex. He was pretty sure that it was more like TRIED to catch. His legs seemed intact. Scraped a bit raw, probably from being torn out of his seat. His right shoulder was bruised as though he had landed on it.

Tag: Sickbay (if conscious)

Last edited:
Commander Melody kirk, sickbay

Melody scans the crewmember they brought in, noting the dark red belt, so probably someone from the armory, at that she looks away, she's seen enough injured people, but the damage at the three lowests decks were, well, really bad, she doesn't look at Leonard as she helps clear a nearby bed, should she have checked better for any scientists still alive? She puts her cat in the office and glances at the others, she should go back, but the landing wasn't pretty.

"James, please don't joke right now." she comments dryly, she is not in the mood to deal with him and his jokes "Please either sedate him again or something. There's a time and place for that behavior and it's not sickbay after we crashed." she adds calmly.
-------------
Leonard frowns slightly "Put him over here." he tells them while he walks to the Commander "Go back down Mel, try to clear the room, I know half of those scientists were classmates." he tells her quietly "And take Shadow, she might be able to help get into the small spaces and find some survivors.", it pains him to see a friend like that, but he has to focus on the patients and he really would like it if Melody has a chat with Edi, but there are priorities and that's not one of them. So he hands Melody her cat before pushing her out lightly "Edi, go with Melody and try to find survivors in the experimental lab. She went down earlier, but I think the crew there's trapped under the rubble. Everyone here's in good hands, as soon as the EHM starts helping of course.", he eyes James "And you, I want nothing out of you, you're lucky considering the viewscreen has a crack and half your console's gone.", oh how he's love to sedate the guy, but he can't, they need to get people up and moving so there's extra space for those who need it.

Last edited:
Lt James Rhand - Sick Bay

“You’re welcome.” James gave no indication as to who he was speaking to.

James gave the doctor a steely eyed look that suggested a hint of anger. His face, however, remained composed. He simply ignored the doctor for the moment and sat up cautiously. Then he swung his legs over.

“ICU - three medical beds. Main - three more. Surgical - one. That’s seven beds. You need this one freed up. Cargo and Shuttle Bays are probably shot to Hell. Useless for triage. Mess Hall is Deck 2. How about sending less critical patients there? There are a lot of doctors in my family tree. I should be good enough to assist the mobility impaired.”

LCDR Edi
Edi stared at James only for a second. Then looked at the doctor Commander and shook her head with a look of warning. Inwardly she sighed. Children leading children.

“Commander, shall we?” Edi gestured toward the Sick Bay exit. She adjusted her gaze to the one she used when she was evaluating a patient.

Flame Demon Flame Demon

Commander Melody Kirk

"James..." Melody warns him "In sickbay you follow the rules set by the current acting chief medical officer, this means Leonard." she tells him and she nods at Edi, she really really didn't want to go back down "Let's just get this over with.", she's avoiding the councilors gaze though as she leaves the room, heading to the turbolift, they did need to get the people, if there are any still alive, out of there. She frowns, wondering how they were going to get everyone even up to deck 5 if the turbolift is down, carry everyone? She'll think of something.
--------
Dr. Leonard Kingston

While generally a man of patience, he has to with this line of work, Leonard pinches the bridge of his nose as he dismisses a patient to help look for survivors, the crew in the middle of the ship seemed to have been the luckiest "One, I am not going to let you tell me how to do my job. Two, I don't know if you noticed, but I can't use half sickbay. Three, don't disrespect your commanding officers." he says walking over to James, pushing him down and he signals a nurse to restrain him again "And finally, you are going nowhere, you were lucky, so you're not going out of my sight until I am completely sure there's no lasting damage.", with James restrained again he goes back to treating patients, thank god the beds could be moved so he has more space to work.

LTCD Edi

“Not quite yet.” She gave the Doctor a gaze that could crush a soul. What she had just witnessed was an unacceptable bedside manner. A simple threat to retrain should have been enough. “Doctor, I am not going to tell you how to do your job. But I happen to know this patient very well - since before he was even born. I knew his parents. I am going to show you how to work with this one. He was right. You need the beds. If he lacks any serious internal injuries - which judging from the reading on that bed he lacks - no hot spots from elevated white blood cell counts - then he can recover elsewhere.

“James, make him a promise. You will stay put until he says you can go. Say the words.” She glanced at the doctor. “It would take a matter of life and death for him to break a promise. James, I have a very good idea what you did to save the ship. Now, the words.”

James looked sullen. “I promise - all that you just implied.”

Edi undid the upper restraints. She watched as James just laid there. “Doctor, I will explain later. Make an appointment with me later. THAT is a medical order. James, it is a given that you and I will be talking. Commander, you as well. It’s protocol. But let’s go.”

After Edi and Melody had left the Sick Bay the Counselor gave a brief period to move down the hall so that they wouldn’t be overheard. “The lieutenant meant no disrespect. There was no reason to add insult to injury. The Doctor was showing extreme signs of stress. Understandable. But there was no need to restrain James. It looked like an attempt to damage the man’s pride. The simple fact is that James quite probably saved every surviving member of this crew, and yet he is still blaming himself for every injury and death. At the last moments I felt the ship seem to accelerate - like the floor dropping out from under us. It goes against every instinct of most pilots. I think he lost reverse thrust. All that power was going to waste. So he sent it where it did the most good - inertial dampers and structural integrity.

“The next best thing to do would have been to restore power to the Tactical position to use deflectors to smooth a landing strip for us to crash on. Fewer jagged rocks and such for us to impact in the crash. There probably wasn’t time to explain. There is an old saying: Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.”

She gestured to the turbo lift. “Deck 11.” The lift started down. “Security has this lift limited to 11, with 12 reachable manually. They started lifting victims out with gravitic stretchers.” She sighed. “Not my first crash. If it helps, when the Enterprise D crashed on Veridian III in 2371, there were no fatalities - and that was after a battle with Klingons when 17 had just died. The Phoenix is a better ship with a smaller crew and built to take a beating.”

Tags: Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101

As soon as the Commander said EMH the entail start up sequence was initiated. All of the protocols and memories of the original EMH/ECH began to start up and pour data into it's system. The original program started to take over. The Doctors memoires became it's memories. However it was never meant to be a cloning process so to speak. And with the original EMH's wishes that's where it stopped. enough of it's memoires against the Borg or Sector 41 but most of it's personal memories where blocked. So the EMH that starts under it's programming would have a chance to be it's own program.

As the EMH phased in and out for it's initial start up. Once completed which only took a couple of seconds the EMH was Infront of the Commander. "Please state the nature of the medical emergency". He then began to look around and take in it's surroundings.

Last edited:
Commander Melody Kirk

"Yes Leonard's a bit grumpy and what not, but he usually has good bedside manner, but I feel like he needs to be checked too, he did have a broken leg, but even he was stuck under a pile of rubble." Melody says "We need to get to deck 14 for the lab." she adds. Her friend is stressed, everyone's probably stressed right now, this isn't how they thought it would go at all. "And by the way, even if we needed more medical personel or something, we can't." she points out, the sad thing was, with medical personel stretched thin the doctors and nurses were likely to get treatment last, she'd have to talk about that with the captain.
----------
Dr. Leonard Kingston

"Well we crashed, so we're a bit short handed." Leonard explains to the hologram and he rubs his eyes, god he was tired and was feeling like shit, and crankier then usual. "I think I need to sit down for a moment." he mumbles, he's been working since he woke up and only fixed his broken leg, he couldn't just pass out, stretched thin as they are, he could sit down for a second "I'll just go and check for possible medical allergies when a new patient comes in.". He sits down in his chair after carefully putting the box on his desk to the side and he groans, reaching for his medical tricorder, he felt like he has a fever, which, considering the console next to him exploded, wouldn't surprise him all that much if that was the case.

LTCD Edi
Edi nodded. “I know. He reminds me a litttle of another Leonard I used to know - also a Doctor. If we hadn’t been in an emergency though, I would have had him finish what he was doing and relieve himself of duties. I have read all the senior command personnel psych profiles and evaluations. He’s a good officer. But so is James. Don’t worry; I fully intend to apologize for the events in Sick Bay. That wasn’t the time to chastise. And I wouldn’t have done that in front of the crew. Speaking of the crew, I’ll need a full list of casualties after we get things running properly so I can handle post trauma interviews.

“Let’s get ourselves down to Deck 14 then, shall we? How are you holding up? You were on the Bridge. Lift will get us down to 12 once Security is ready. We should take one stretcher with us - and someone from Security.”

Lt James Rhand
James couldn’t help but overhear the Doctor - correction, doctors - speaking. He sighed and tried to let some of his anger go. “Doctor - sorry EMH, the human one. If you can hear me, sorry about earlier. I meant no disrespect. I just wanted to help. I’ve never been hit hard enough to go unconscious. No one in my family has ever broken a bone - ever. I am guessing I didn’t either.

Tags: Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101

Commander Melody Kirk

"Well I had a head injury, which Leonard treated and he gave me painkillers." Melody replies and she looks at her cat "So I guess I'm fine physically, but not so much mentally, they prepared us at the academy sure, but not for this, believe it or not this is my first assignment and they don't prepare you for crash landings this bad." she says, she needed to meditate. She gives a small smile though "My mother burst our laughing when I introduced Leonard to her the first time, she said 'You two are going to cause so much trouble together', I guess she was right.", when she carefully lowers herself down she shiver slightly "I came here earlier to check on the state of thing, about seven our eight of our scientists were securing everything so it wouldn't blow up half the ship on inpact, only they couldn't get out on time. Shadow jumps on the ground and runs to one of the furthest corners, trying to dig a hole through the rubble "And that's why I brought her." Melody says walking to that corner to "But we may need more then one stretcher."
----------
Dr. Leonard Kingston

"You might've broken your arm, but my equipments broken." Leonard points out, he had long tossed the jackets of the uniform asside, showing his dark blue undershirt, it was easier to work like that "And just don't let it happen again, that's all I'm asking." he says, he scans himself with the tricorder and groans "Computer is the replicator near my desk working?" he asks "I'm afraid not doctor Kingston." "Thank you computer.", well that's great, he'd have to get up again, he really doesn't want to do that. He's also in no state to fix the one near him, so that's annoying too, at least he doesn't have a concussion, probably because he had shielded his head when the explosion happened, but he did need to cool down since his temperature was a bit high.

The EMH heard about the explosion and without hesitation he took a look at the fellow Doctors burns and bruises. He offered hyrospay to spay over the wounds. "This should help with the discomfort Dr.Kingston" The EMH survived the room. "Doctor should I initiate Code One Alpha Zero?" The EMH took a pause and began to speak again. " The code is an increased state of readiness aboard a starship in which the crew prepared for an emergency situation, such as an attack on the starship or answering a distress calls, or a crash" The EMH stated as it picked up a regenerator and fixed the tear in the Commanders uniform. "Is their any other service that I can provide" The EMH asked?

Last edited:
LTCD Edi
Edi’s mind was mulling over the design of the Phoenix. It had a very unusual deck plan. In a standard Intrepid class - or even a 15 deck ship - the labs were together somewhere around Deck 8. On this ship the medical labs were close to the Sick Bay. And then there was this experimental lab.

What had they been working on?

Whatever it was, it might also explain James’ assignment to the Phoenix. He had considerable experience with exotic matter as did his father. But none of that was helping the situation - not exactly.

Edi turned her mind to determining where the scientists were. Experimental lab as far removed from people as possible with something that could blow up half the ship. That suggested personal protective gear. Seven or eight scientists sent? Edi decided there would be eight if they were available to get the job done. Melody had also said there hadn't had time to evacuate. The scientists were professionals. What would they have done?

Answer? Brace for collision. Forward of the storage - such as where the cat was.

“We’ll need seven more. Good chance they are still alive if we hurry.” She walked back to where the PPE locker was and opened it up. Almost empty. She nodded and smiled. Then she checked the compressor for power. “Officer, I am going to need your phaser.” She held out a hand. “Go get us those stretched. We have 8 scientists buried under rubble. Their O2 won’t hold out much longer and judging from the debris they may be under a lot of weight. We need to construct an extension host from the compressor and adapt your phaser to power it up. I am going to create a sand blaster - minus the sand. It won’t move the rocks, but it will loosen them up. Bring us a few more hands. Commander, in the meantime, may as well start digging.”

It didn’t take long to turn the compressor into a sand blaster. It wasn’t as powerful as it might have been if she had had lots of time. But once she was ready she let Melody know.

“Grab Shadow, Commander. Then grab yourself a filter mask.”

As soon as Melody was out of the way Edi opened up the nozzle and started blasting away where Shadow had been digging. It wasn’t long before the first hand appeared.”

Lt James Rhand
James nodded. “First thing I thought of. I really didn’t have far enough to fall to break anything. But I was always taught a good rule of thumb was that if it is broken, it won’t work. So I started out slowly. I was snow skiing when I was 4.” He grinned briefly at the memory it evoked. “Let’s just say I gave my parents grey hair worrying about broken bones. I did a double black diamond when I was 6. Mom still gives Dad the stink eye for that one - not that it was his fault I went off trail where I wasn’t supposed to. They never could catch me though Dad did his best. Mom tried to follow and slid down on her butt most of the way.”

James was still smiling. “All the same, point taken.”

Tags: Flame Demon Flame Demon CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101 NanLia NanLia

Last edited:
Commander Melody Kirk,
Deck 14, experimental lab

Melody walks over as Shadow wanders through the room, locating another scientist, this time, instead of trying to dig, the cat lays down on top of it. The action making the commander frown "One dead, one alive so far." she says, she had taken off her gloves so she could feel for a pulse, she moves the rubble away and sighs "Edi, first aid kit, should be near the door, or where the door was anyway, I need to stop this bleeding fast." she says.

At least something came out of it, but given the location of the two officers they found she guesses that the further away from the entrance they are the more chance that they're alive, she carefully checks for more injuries, if she didn't have enough supplies she'd have to cauturize it or they'd have two dead scientist.
Mitheral Mitheral
---------------
Dr. Leonard Kingston
Deck 5, sickbay

Leonard groans "I highly doubt hypo spraying will help, besides, there are patients with worse injuries." he says, not to mention the lack of usuable equipment at the moment. He closes his eyes, trying to remember if he has something that would help, when he remembers he starts looking through his drawers, finding some paste he had made for his final exam, it nearly got him that top grade. He carefully opens it "I'll put this on the worst burns and wrap it up, it's a bit old fashioned, but it's effective." he tells the EMH.

NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Shadow101 Shadow101

LTCD Edi

Edi dropped what she was doing and moved for the medical kit. This was accompanied by the sound of four security officers with two stretchers announcing that four more were right behind them. Edi handed Melody the kit. Before she could turn around the security officers took over the digging. Edi backed off to help Melody.

“Want me to help - or find something to use to cauterize? I can have one of the officers heat up something quick if we need to.”

Flame Demon Flame Demon

"That it is Dr. Kingston". The EMH said as he hit his combadge " Commander is there anyone out there that still needs treatment, The Doctor is fine and is recovering and we have plenty of space in sickbay for the injured, let me know if further assistance is required. The EMH started tidying up prepping for more people in sickbay.

Flame Demon Flame Demon

Commander Melody Kirk

"I would really prefer it if phasers aren't fired in this room though." Melody says "I have enough for maybe two people and that's if there aren't too many injuries." she adds. Shadow walks to Edi and sits down, patting the councilor, clearly trying to draw attention, once she has done that she head to the hole in the hull, stopping in front of a set of prints in the snow, large animal prints and she hisses at something in the distance.

Melody finishes wrapping up the visible injuries and she sighs "Get him to sickbay, he's stable, but he needs more specialized medical attention." she says looking at Edi "And I think Shadow wants you to go and take a look."
--------
Dr. Leonard Kingston
Deck 5, sickbay

"Comms are down doc." Leonard says and he sighs "And there are plenty of people who haven't even been found yet." he adds "In the meantime, I think we need to find the Chief Medical officer, though I fear he might not have made it. Given the state of his office." he points out, mentioning to the officer, all the doctors had small officer, but the chief has the biggest one, but a war means more injuries and more need for consult from a medical expert.

“Shadow may want me to go and have a look. But we have a ship to fix. Master chief, assign a couple crewmen to watch this breach. Send a runner to pass the word to do the same at the other breaches and have Engineering get work sealing the hull. If the other breaches aren’t critical, just compartmentalize. We don’t need to be risking any more lives than necessary.” She scooped up Shadow. “And you, furballs have no business in strange new worlds, especially a world like this one. You’d barely be a snack.

“Ship physical integrity and security. Then concealment on the off chance that this world has a sapient life. I am surprised that any creature would even approach something of our size so soon after we carved a valley on the planet’s surface. That smacks of sapient life already - highly intelligent life.”

Edi suddenly stiffened, her eyes widening briefly, then calming. “And Master Chief? Have EVERY scientist removed from this section restrained - even the ones that didn’t make it. Humor me and hope I am not being overly cautious. And no one travels alone anymore.” She looked briefly at the alien footprints. There shouldn’t have even been any. They would have been covered up by her makeshift pressure washer. That would suggest that whatever made the prints had been there while they worked.

Every part of her screamed Yellow Alert. Allasomorphs, Changelings, salt vampires, Rigellian hypnoids, Talosians. There were many races who could either shapeshift or appear to. For the moment all her evidence was circumstantial. She could only hope she was wrong.

Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia Shadow101 Shadow101 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Charles was sitting in what was left of the pilot's chair. All the hard work was paying off he thought to himself as he picked himself off of the floor and back onto the chair. He was running diagnostics trying to see what was going on. He noticed the comms where down and he wasn't picking anything up on sensors. He was trying to figure out why.

"So it would seem" the EMH let out a sigh of frustration.

Last edited:
Cdr Melody Kirk

Melody stands up and walks over to Edi, causing Shadow to wiggle free and jump to her instead "Edi, what plan life could survive in this envirement?" she asks crouching down to inspect the print "Seems animal in nature, but leads away from the ship, if it's wildlife they may have decided not to take us on, but yes, Shadow would most likely be a small snack, unless whatever it is fears cats."

She didn't like this one bit and no she's not talking about the cold "Now we really need to make a list of the dead." she mumbles, shivering as she stands up "I'll activate the barrier once we have everyone moved out. Computer, could we activate the shields?" "Negative commander, our systems are too damaged, would you like me to inform the chief engineer?" the computer asks "Please do.", she follows Shadow and removes some more rubble, she'd have to seal the room of anyway "Alright, security first." she says "I need to go and check the complete damage on the bridge though."
---------------------------------
Dr. Leonard Kingston
Deck 5, sickbay

"Well I'm leaving sickbay in your hands doc." Leonard says and he sighs "I'm going to check the chief's office in the meantime, don't worry, I'll take it easy." he says standing up and walking to the ruined office, moving some rubble from the entrance, how long has it been since they crashed anyway, he was knocked out, so it could've been a while, not to mention that the captain was pretty much knocked out when Melody found him.

Ltcd Edi

“Captain Shadow seems to prefer the seat of command. Cats are like four legged tribbles with claws.” Edi smiled gently. “Plant life? I’m no botanist. You could ask James. He knows a bit about plants from his mother. Best guess? Too many variables I don’t know about. Altitude, terrain, humidity, cyclic temperature range. Atmosphere seems close to Terran standard pressure and mix. In frozen conditions that are dry the best you get is algae and mitochondria. Thicker conditions you start to get conifers. Up to about a 1000-1500 meter elevation by Earth standard you get smaller broadleaf trees, prairie plants. Near the oceans you may find seaweed washed ashore.”

Edi observed Melody as the younger woman seemed bound and determined to do everything herself. The Counselor had the unenviable task of intervening. The only reasons for the woman’s behavior at the moment fell into two categories.

One: survivor’s guilt. These had been friends of hers she had known at the Academy. Possible, but unlikely. Sure there would be guilt. Melody was half human after all. And Vulcans had emotions. They merely controlled them better than humans.

Two: The research was really that dangerous. She had mentioned the danger of firing a phaser in the vicinity. That suggested some very unstable materials. And the last thing the scientists were trying to do was make sure everything was secured for impact. In this instance Melody could justify her efforts to secure the room.

But Edi made no comments. It wasn’t something to do in front of the men. If anything the men needed a show of unity from the senior officers. “Let them dig. Save your hands for triage. Let me know when you are ready and I will join you on the bridge.”
Flame Demon Flame Demon Shadow101 Shadow101 CelticHero37 CelticHero37 NanLia NanLia

Cdr Melody Kirk
Deck 14, Experimental lab

Melody narrows her eyes seeing Edi look at her, or rather, observe her "Alright." she says and she takes a deep breath "Don't touch anything you can't identify, if you really have to, do so with extreme caution." she instructs the men before walking to a panel on the wall "Once every registered crewmember is out of this room it'll seal itself, only the chief scientist, the captain and myself can open it like this and if there are hostile creatures they won't get in, or out if they're stuck here." she tells Edi while lifting up Shadow to her shoulders "Let's check on the bridge and hopefully none of these guys blow up the ship.", she did trust the tactical officers, not to much since they have phasers, so she activates a dampening field "There, now phasers can't be fired in the room even if they try to."

Lt Lames Rhand
James had had more than enough sleep. Despite his objections the other day he hadn’t lasted long before the drugs in his system combined with boredom had put him to sleep. He had been fitful at first, thinking himself unable to fall asleep, wracked with guilt over the crash. But the simple truth was that he knew there had been nothing more he could do. Still that was a small consolation when he started to see some of the survivors from Deck 14 come in. He was only grateful to be moved out of a bed for the more grievously injured.

By morning the superficial damage was already healed. The worst of his injuries were the torn fingernails - still a little sensitive - and his right shoulder. He was still a little aggravated about the conversation with the Doctor, but the man had been right. If his shoulder still hurt after half a day there had been reason for concern. When asked he adopted a somewhat more sensible manner - honesty. But with some of the medical gear up and running again they could confirm the damage wasn’t serious. He’d be fine in a day. His high bone density was in his records. Nothing inhuman, just a lucky accident of birth. He was one of those lucky humans who might go through life never breaking a bone. The concern by the Doctor had been spinal cord damage or brain damage.

There would be a debriefing later. But for now people were still a bit in shock, so he made it a point to go to his quarters long enough to make a personal log entry to record his memories of the crash while they were as fresh in his mind as possible. With that done he changed and headed out to report for duty.

Upon arriving on the Bridge he reported to Ops. Though the Ops Officer has no time to explain all the findings of damage control, he soon learned that the ship was basically intact. It was something he had already guessed. The last thing he had done before impact was to divert all power to structural integrity and the intertial dampers. It should have been a command decision, but the planet had come up on them too fast to take the time. Something he had always learned: It was better to ask for forgiveness than permission. If he hadn’t done so, Decks 11-15 would have become part of Decks 9 and 10. All personnel in those decks would have been crushed. Worse, the warp nacelles might have been torn off and antimatter containment lost. No more life on the planet or ship.

Ltcd Edi
Edi had stayed with the Commander, but waaited until their conversation was just between them. She understood the important of Command officers appearing to be invulnerable. “Some advice - based on past experience. Delegate. Your officers are Academy graduates. They know their jobs. I take it that the situation in the Lab was far from ordinary - and I do not just mean people you know more personally than others. Quite frankly I’m not sure how we survived at all. We came up on the planet so fast that I’m not sure how James landed us in one piece - relatively speaking.”

Soon the doors to the turbolift opened to the Bridge.
Flame Demon Flame Demon NanLia NanLia Shadow101 Shadow101 CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back