• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Star Trek: The unknown lands

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Flame Demon

Autistic Ace Vampire
Roleplay Type(s)
Star_Trek_AscensionClassStarship_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1680.jpg
Year 2413
Follow the crew of the USS Phoenix on their quest to stop the Borg from taking over the quadrants, after disappearing along with Voyager and Enterprise the Federation has to fend for themselves without their three best ships, on top of that, the Klingons seemed to have vanished completely.

The three ships are separated and the USS Phoenix ends up in an unknown part of space, the easy part, getting back home, the hard part, getting back home without any trouble, the ship is experimental and can cause the weirdest problems on the most unfortunate of times. Not only that, but since they don't know anything about their surroundings they don't know what to expect or where to find information that can help them fight to Borg and/or get home with everyone and the ship in one piece.
--------
The all black outfit is the standard uniform, the one with color is for dangerous mission(dark red is command, dark blue is medical/science, dark yellow is engineering and tactical. The belt in the first outfit is the color above)
Untitled.png

Last edited:
The ship is crackling with eletricity where the consoles exploded during the crash landing and it's unclear if the crew is actually alive, as they had been at their station "Damage report." someone says while pushing some debree of herself "Did the warp core survive?" she asks "The warp core is intact Commander Kirk. Comms are offline and there are multiple hull breaches. Navigation is offline as well." the computer replies, making the Commander groan while she gets up, guess she'd have to go down to Engineering "Turbo lifts?" she asks pushing herself to her feet and she waits for the reply "Turbo lifts are active."

Once the Commander is in the Turbo lift she sighs "Deck 7." she says, waiting to it to move, they needed to get the comms fixed and fast "Actually, make that deck 5." she says, first she had to check on sickbay, then she would check engineering.
------------------
"As if things weren't bad enough with this piece of experimental crap!" comes the voice of the very grumpy doctor "Sickbay to Bridge." he says tapping his combadge, when he gets no reply he pulls himself free "Fuck..." he mumbles while grabbing a medical tricorder and he checks his leg "Broken..." he mumbles "Doctor Kingston, comms are offline." the computer tells him "Anyone alive besides me?" he asks "Commander Kirk is alive, do you need assistance?" the computer asks "Yep, I need help." he tells it, well, at least that's one thing, now to find out where they are, you know, once his leg is fixed, damn that hurt, well it certainly could be worse, like him being dead.

NanLia NanLia FactionParadox FactionParadox

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel groaned as consciousness returned to her. The flickering lights and chirp of the consoles malfunctioning tugging at her sense, forcing her to focus her mind out of her brain fog. We crashed. She thought, looking around Engineering, she rolled onto her knees and stood, the world around her spinning. The ship was on keel, tilted at an awkward angle but it seemed not too bad - it would just be hell working on subsystems later.

“Report.” She croaked, the deck had been cleared on her orders when the Captain announced that impact was imminent; she stayed behind to ensure the integrity of the warp core. The last thing they needed was to explode immediately after crashing. She was satisfied to see that her extra measures were worth the risk.

Preliminary damage report minimal. Subspace systems nominal. Warp core pressure nominal. Life support systems, nominal. Tessel waved off the computer as it rattled on and soon interrupted. “Turbo lifts?” Nominal. Great, they could move people. “Alright, alert all primary and secondary engineering teams to report in, break out repair tasks in order of priority. We need to get Phoenix back in the air.”

She headed out of Engineering to the turbo lift, “Deck 5.” She leaned back against the rail with a sigh, her hand rising to put pressure on her rib cage,hopeful she hadn’t done more than broken a rib or two.

Chief Engineer | Engineering Bay | Mood: Confused | Interactions: Computer

Melody enters sickbay and walks over to her friend, who has some trouble getting up "Up you get Leonard." she mumbles, helping the doctor sit on a bed and fetching whatever he needs to fix his leg "Might be a while before the comms return." she says. In her hurry to make sure her only friend was save the Commander hadn't really noticed her own injuries, the adrenaline numbing the pain, for the moment, but she is slowly becoming aware that her left eyesight is getting blocked by something "Oh." she mumbles, after raising her hand to wipe it away, how she missed a head injury she doesn't know, but that's something for after getting everyone patched up.

---------------

Leonard groans, broken leg, easy to fix, cracked or broken ribs, easy, but he had learned that their commander would want everyone else take care of first, well not right now. He stands up and forces Melody to sit down so he can take a look at it "Geez Mel, where the hell were you when we crashed?" he asks quietly, he very rarely used that nickname, only when they were sitting in private "Let me guess, the bridge, near a console which probably exploded." he grumbles, earning a small nod "Keep your head still you idiot!" he says. Once he's done he holds up a hypo "For when the adrenaline wears off." he explains pressing it to Melody's neck, he was going to have a very busy day, well he hoped their engineer hadn't died on them.

FactionParadox FactionParadox NanLia NanLia

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel woke a second time to the chirping noises of the computer seeking attention. She frowned looking at a ceiling that she didn’t recognize. She heard a hiss and tilted her head to see the turbo lift doors close part way and reopen, the chirp repeating. <<Deck Five>> the computer repeated, unable to do further troubleshooting why it’s passenger hadn’t moved on and freed the lift for another.

She sighed, reaching for the safety bar - something she found rather amusing to consider - and pulled herself up with a groan. Alright, maybe broken ribs and a concussion. Clutching her side she made her way out of the lift into the hall, taking the first set of doors into Sick Bay. She was not surprised to find it in chaos as people from around the ship were filling in for help and she could only hope they were filling out just as quickly.

She spotted the captain assisting the chief medical officer to his feet and to a bed to be looked over by another staff member. Not a great sign. Tessle waved off help from the medical staff, finding an empty place to lean against the wall until someone was free to check on her. “Captain,” she nodded as they made eye contact. “Core is intact, crews are already deploying for repairs. I won’t have an eta until we find out how bad it is.”

Chief Engineer | Sick Bay| Mood: Confused | Interactions: Melody

Commander Melody Kirk, sickbay

"Tess, I'm not captain until ours is dead." Melody points out "But that's at least something, means we can get off this planet." she adds getting up "I need to check the other systems." she says, but she's forced back on the bed "Or not..." she mumbles, trailing off, it was getting busy, so Leonard would have his hands full "I'm a field medic Len, let me help out." she says and she sends her friend a glare "Tess, you best sit down on one of the free beds, grumpy cat here will probably get to you in a minute." she says "And I think we should focus on finding the crew first, the crash wasn't kind to the ship and there are several hull breaches too."
--------
Dr. Leonard Kingston, sickbay

As he treats people Leonard keeps an eye on the door "Don't hang around, there are plenty of other people I need to see, Tess, sit next to Melody." he orders "Move it along people!" he adds, he understood why people wanted to check on their friends, he really did, but they were making it more crowded then needed.

Last edited:

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel frowned at Melody as she was corrected. Not the Captain...? Why did she think Melody was the Captain? Her thoughts bewildered her but she followed the barked commands, even if they weren't official and found herself a set on a spare bed near Melody. She groaned as she sat back, wincing as her ribs settled against the beds cushions. The world around her occasionally spun and she knew it wasn't a good sign. She needed to keep her mind occupied - thinking.

She slipped her tricorder form the pouch on her belt and flipped it opened, narrowing her eyes to try and focus then, simply closing the right so she could read the reports coming in as her teams assessed the further damage. "Several breaches need to be repaired on the lower decks, most systems are optimal but we're going to need days, if not weeks, to check ever nut and bolt before we can take off again. The first few analysis reads from the planet surface are coming back has habitable for carbon based lifeforms, atmosphere ideal for oxygen based breathing." She hissed, closing both eyes as the world around her spun again and threatened to go dark. She gripped the edge of the bed, waiting for it to pass or for her to pass out; whichever came first.
Flame Demon Flame Demon

Melody nods slightly "And it's freezing cold outside." she adds, she never actually lived on Vulcan, but she had gone for vacation a few times and it was hot as hell there, not her words, but she agreed with them. "We need to fix the hull breaches first, then work on the consoles and then we can get the minor details." she sums up, it was bad enough they crashed, but they couldn't have people die of hypothermia, especially since they needed to see who was alive and who wasn't as well.
---------

"Alright, can't have our chief engineer die on us." he says plucking the tricorder out of Tess her hands and he mentions Melody to move away so he can sit in front of Tess "Alright, few bruised ribs, possibly broken, but I don't have access to most equipment right now. Concussion, that's for sure. Tess open both eyes and tell me many fingers I'm holding up." he says holding up three fingers in front of her "Melody, make yourself useful and keep everyone who's not critically injured out of here." he says.

Last edited:

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

"Yes sir." Tessel agreed with Melody's assessment of order for repairs; the hull was the first and most critical item on thier list; it would allow their internal systems to start operating at a better functionality; if not optimal if they weren't too damaged.

She squinted one eye open at the doctors request to peer at his hand as he held out fingers. "Three." She answered but quickly closed her eyes again with the room threatening to dump her off the bed. She wasn't surprised by his assessment; it was very much what she had assumed herself but didn't have the medical knowledge or equipment in order to deal with it.
Flame Demon Flame Demon

Commander Melody Kirk, hallway

Melody looks at the various people who are waiting outside for their friends and she peeks inside before heading towards the turbolift "Birdge." she says, she was going to move most of the debree from the bridge and hopefully find the others who were there buried beneath it. Once she arrives she starts with the biggest pieces, noting that the viewscreen is broken, so the cold air is coming in, but she doesn't care about that, when she pries the door to the captain's ready room open she pales, she had knows their captain was there when they crashed as it really sudden "Damn." she says moving some pieces to the side, she had to get the captain to the sickbay, so she pulls him up before bringing him to the turbolift "Computer, alert the doctor that he needs to clear a bed." she says.
--------------------------------------------
Doctor Leonard Kingston, sickbay

"Good." Leonard says and he takes some of the non damaged equipment and he sighs "Alright, I can fix your ribs, anywhere else I should check before I do this and send you on your way with Melody?" he asks, scanning their engineer, he knew they couldn't afford to have people take breaks that are too long, especially the senior staff "Alright, if you could fix the emh that would awesome." he adds "After I let you get up again.", he frowns when the computer announces "Commander Melody needs a free bed when she returns with the captain.", at that he curses, giving Tess a hype against the dizzyness and pain before going to clear a bed and ordering everyone who's not fatally injured out of there, most listen, which is good because the doctor is in no mood to deal with idiots right now.

NanLia NanLia
FactionParadox FactionParadox

Lieutenant Kaori Tachibana

Ringing reverberated in a wave pattern as Kaori started to regain consciousness. She had a headache, feeling cranial pressure behind her eyes. The ringing cleared up soon enough, only to be replaced by the sound of something sparking and a voice that Kaori couldn’t quite make out. She tried to move, but something was in the way. Opening her eyes slowly, Kaori didn’t recognize where she was. She realized she had been holding her breath and started to open her lungs. Unfortunately, she immediately started coughing. Her lungs were on fire, but she hadn’t coughed up any blood or mucus though, which was a good sign. Despite the obvious trauma, a few memories flashed back to her.

Kaori had been in her room getting acquainted with the personnel files -- as she had just been assigned to the ship -- when an alarm started blaring. Kaori made her way toward the turbo lift to get to the bridge when something exploded. It seemed some metal debris had protected her from any incendiary damage, but unfortunately, she was now buried under that debris. Her strength was starting to return and she made a second attempt to move. Thankfully the debris was made up of light support structures and an interior wall. No bulkheads. As such, she was able to gain some purchase and claw herself out of the pile. Her uniform was torn and she certainly looked like she had been in an explosion, but she was alive.

Kaori stumbled in place for a moment, trying to just maintain her balance so she didn’t go careening into one of the localized fires. Reaching up and tapping her com badge, she gasped, “T-Tachibana to bridge… Tachibana to…”

Coms were down, but the computer still seemed to be in working order, as that was the voice she had heard. A bit of self-doubt began to creep in as she wondered if this had been her fault. For the moment she maintained her focus on what was in front of her, though. Stumbling toward the turbo lift, Kaori used a metal scrap to pry open a door that someone was stuck behind. Then, continuing on, she checked the pulse of one of her officers that had met a similar situation as her. Unfortunately, they were dead. She finally made it to the turbo lift, although looking as if she were wasted. “Bridge,” was all she could get out.

When the turbo lift arrived, the door slid open, and Kaori stumbled out. Her foot caught the threshold and she careened down toward the viewscreen, which seemed to be damaged. Grabbing the navigation terminal, Kaori forced herself to her feet again and called out as best she could, “Captain…”

Last edited:
"The captain is currently being brought to the sickbay, Commander Kirk found him in his ready room." the computer announces. It seemed that most people who had been on the bridge are alive, mostly due to the fact that the area was so high up in the ship layout, but the cracks in the viewscreen are letting in the cold wind and the view would be great, if the ship itself wasn't in such a horrible state "I suggest you report to sickbay as well, doctor Kingston should see to your injuries." the computer suggests.

Kaori took a moment to assess the situation on the command deck. It certainly was in better shape than where she had come from. She noticed the officer assigned to the tactical station seemed to be in relatively good health and was already working on one of the terminals. Pointing toward the officer, she said, "Lieutenant, until relieved, I'm putting you in charge of organizing our personnel as best you can from here. I need a full report on weapons systems, shields, and the surrounding area. You're not hurt, are you? Good... j-just use your best judgment. I'm heading to sickbay to check the status of the Captain. I'll get back as soon as I can."

With that, Kaori made her way back to the turbo lift and requested the sick bay. When the doors opened again, Kaori stumbled into the hall and headed in the direction of the sickbay. Limping inside, she lost her balance for a second and collided with a medical officer. She quickly caught herself and apologized. The medical officer gave her a concerned look, but she waved it off and said, "I'm fine." She took a few steps forward before her knees buckled, barely catching herself on one of the beds. "Where's the Captain?" she asked, seemingly unphased by her own condition.

"On his way." he says walking over and he drags Kaori to one of the beds before running some scans, the ones he can right now anyway "Alright." he says taking a hypospray and pressing it to her neck "That should reduce the dizzyness, you are not moving from this spot until I let you." he says narrowing his eyes "And don't mind me asking, where were you when the ship crashed, we had been trying to stop the ship from continuing at warp speed, since it was a black hole or dead in the water, but you were nowhere to be found to keep people calm." he says, looking her over. There were tactical officers who calmed people down of course, but the chief wasn't the one ordering them, Melody had done that "And don't tell me you were looking over files, you should've done that before takeoff or right after takeoff and don't pull age on this one." he says.
------------------
Commander Melody Kirk, deck 5

When Melody enters with the captain she puts him on the closest empty bed "Head injury, otherwise he's relatively okay." she says, her eyes going to their chief tactical officer, who she figured would soon be on the receiving end of one of the doctors lectures and her own once the crisis was dealt with, because she knew exactly where the young lieutenant was "I can take care of the captain, after that I need to check on the science lab, figure out what went wrong." she says, getting some medical supplies.

NanLia NanLia CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Last edited:

"Which way? ...oh," responded Kaori as she was lead to one of the beds. She would have protested, but she was there before she realized it. When she was given the hypospray, her headache cleared up a bit. She hadn't realized just how much her head had hurt. The adrenaline from the situation hadn't yet worn off, clearly. The lights still seemed bright, though. Although she was unaware, her eyes were completely dilated. When the doctor inquired about where she had been, it took her a moment to formulate a response. The hypospray had certainly helped, though, as she began to recount what happened, "W-well, I hadn't been finished reviewing personnel files. I uh... I spend a bit of extra time to look into psych profiles. I've found that can be useful in deescalating situations. Th-that was before, though. I had been in my room, but when uh... we were trying to drop out of warp, r-right? I was on my way to the bridge when there was a minor explosion. I don't know how long I was out, but I came looking for the captain as soon as I came to. I have an officer on the bridge running diagnostics and organizing work details right now. ... oh, Captain, I had some... oh. ...I-I'm sorry doc, I need to get going. I already found a few people stuck in parts of the ship. I'm sure there are more that need help. We also need to get fire suppression teams working. I'll check back in once we've got things under control."

Kaori swung her legs off the bed and got to her feet. Attempting to take a full breath of air, she started coughing up dust and collapsed to the floor. Then she had to cover her mouth to keep from retching. If someone were to look at the computer's diagnostics, they would see that there had in fact been an explosion in the area she had been. Although calling it minor was an understatement. Nothing that couldn't be handled, but it was lucky that she wasn't hurt even worse. Despite what had just happened, Kaori still tried to get to her feet. She was intent on getting back to work. People needed her help, after all. At least that's how she saw it. Even as she was being led back to the bed, she tried to push away, "I'm fine! Get off of me." She even threw a mean punch, but missed. She was known to be a bit brash at times, but irritable, no. Another symptom of the head trauma. Of course most of the people present didn't know her that well. The only ones that would find her reaction odd were ones that had read her file.

NanLia NanLia Flame Demon Flame Demon

Melody grabs Koari's arm and gives her a glare "Seeing as our chief medical officer is nowhere to be found, meaning Leonard can't pull rank, I will. As your commander I am ordering you to remain here in sickbay until the doctor says otherwise." she says in a tone that leaves no room for arguments "We don't know when the captain will be awake, but until he is, I'm the highest ranking officer. People have no use for an injured chief, so I will take it over for you until you're cleared.", she understood the need to work, but how much did Koari think she would get done in that state "We're already pulling people from the debree and making a list of those who didn't make it. You're no use if you end up on that list as well because of your stubborness. Reviewing files isn't top priority if a ship can't leave warp, I'll make a note of this and hopefully the captain will let you off easy for not coming on board prepared.". She reaches for her comm badge, but realizes comms are still down "Computer, inform every crewmember who can work to look for crash survivors and bring them here if needed, also tell them to make a list of the dead, five people per deck max." she says, so the computer relays that message to everyone "Tess, let's go and see the damage in engineering so grumpy cat can deal with Kaori."
---------

It was that he took the doctors oath, but otherwise he'd have nerve pinched Koari the second she lashed out and he simply holds a mirror in front of her "Since you clearly don't realize what state you're in, take a look." he says, sounding just as annoyed as he feels "And there will be no violence in sickbay." he adds "Am I clear?" he asks narrowing his eyes, maybe he should give a stronger hypo so she can sleep it off. "You weren't caught in a minor explosion, I hope for your sake you're not going to cough up blood because half my equipment is in ruins."

Last edited:

At first, Kaori struggled against the hand that grabbed her arm until she realized who it was. Seeing the commander had an immediate humbling effect. Despite the issues she was dealing with, respecting the chain of command was something she'd specifically meditated on for just such an occasion that she wasn't all cognitively there. She nodded lightly and responded, "Yes, Commander." Kaori sat back on the bed and listened to what the commander had to say. At this point, the adrenaline was finally starting to clear out of her system and she was starting to recognize how much pain she was actually in. "O-of course you're right, commander. My apologies. I'll take action to... ah... ow..." Kaori brought her hand up to her forehead as a flash of pain made her wince. "Uh... I uh... I have an officer on the bridge helping to coordinate and working on full diagnostics," she added, as it seemed an important piece of info to share if the commander were going to be taking on her responsibilities. Then she leaned back and relaxed onto the medical bed.

Kaori blinked at the mirror when it was put in front of her, surprised at how she looked. She nodded at the doctor's question, "Crystal clear, doctor. I apologize for my behavior. It won't happen again." When she heard that most of the medical equipment was down, Kaori added, "It does hurt a bit to breathe, but I haven't been coughing up any blood. I think I just inhaled a bunch of dust. M-my head hurts too, feels like... like my head's about to explode. O-other than that though, nothing major to report. I did study engineering, so if you've got some broken handheld equipment sitting around, I'd be happy to tinker with it a bit. See if I can't get something working." Kaori knew with a concussion that it was better to stay alert and responsive until the doctor could get to her with some proper treatment, so she figured that would at least keep her mind active and it was a way that she could help out.

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel shook her head to answer the doctors question and immediately regretted it, she closed her eyes and grunted. "No, just the ribs and my head." She confirmed, glad to know that he could help her out and he wouldn't need the bio-bed to repair her ribs, though she didn't doubt it would be days before they were no longer sore. She winced feeling the spray inject through her skin but almost immediately felt relief as it went to work healing and repairing her internally. Much like her and her team inside Pheonix. Not irony at all, she mused.

It was disturbing to hear that the Captain required a bed and after a minute the world around her stopped spinning and she was able to free up the one she occupied. She didn't need to wait for Melody to do exactly what the Doctor had asked of her; she found herself an unoccupied part of sickbay where she could access a panel and started working on getting the EMH functional to help alleviate some of the traffic in sickbay and get the crew back on it's feet.
Flame Demon Flame Demon CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Commander Melody Kirk

Melody, after stabilizing the captain, wants to exit the door, only to frown at some blood at her arm, her own blood, so she sits down while cleaning the cut, it's small and certainly not life threatening at this moment, but she knows better then to leave it. Once it's taken care of the checks the monitors one last time before taking her leave to head to the lab "Contact me when the captain is awake and in good enough state to talk." she says. Once she's in the turbolift she sighs "Deck 4." she tells the computer.

The lab is a mess, putting it mildly, but at least it looks like nothing exploded and whatever crewmembers she sees are alive, injured, but alive "Report to sickbay." she orders, now to check the other lab "Deck 14." she says once she's in the turbolift "I'm afraid I can only take you to deck 12 Commander." the computer announces, so she heads there "If they didn't lock the experiments correctly..." she mumbles, nope, she's not thinking about that.
---------

"You are not doing any kind of work until I say you can." Leonard comments dryly "Besides, our chief engineer's here, but even then I'd rather fix it myself." he deadpans at Kaori "Now, given you're not coughing up blood you're lucky. But just on the safe side, drink this, should help clear the airways a bit." he says handing her a vial of something "Do not move from this spot.".

He then goes to where the captain is laying and puts up an invisible forcefield, allowing himself and Melody to pass through only so no one else disturbs the captain. Of course the EMH could too, but with nearly every system damaged he knew that was out too.

Kaori was disappointed the doctor wouldn't let her do anything. She had plenty to think about, though. After all, she was on a new ship, and The Phoenix no less. When handed the vial, she downed it like a shot and handed it back. The liquid emanated a bit of vapor that loosened things up a bit and caused her to let out one big cough into her sleeve. It also had a minor numbing agent so that she no longer felt that itch to cough. It would take a bit of time for the medicine to take full effect, but it had certainly helped her relax a bit. She was finally able to take in a breath of fresh air that wasn't labored. "Th-thank you, Doctor. That's much better," she replied with a light smile.

She looked over to the captain with a bit of concern. Up till now she'd only had brief interactions with the man, but he struck her as a fine leader. The information she had been able to access from his file also told quite a promising story. When she realized she had zoned out looking at the captain, she snapped her gaze away. Of course it was perfectly normal to find a guy like the captain attractive, and she was used to managing those feelings responsibly. It's just that she didn't want anyone to see her staring. They already had enough fuel for jokes about her seeing as she was new to the position and all that. She figured it really wasn't that big of a deal.

However, she remembered the captain had a dog. In all the commotion, most people probably weren't thinking about that. She wondered if the captain's dog was okay. That wasn't her biggest worry, though. She looked around to see if she could find a diagnostic display of the ship. She needed to know what happened to the section of the ship that her room was in. She wrung her hands as she tried to figure out what to do. The doctor had ordered her not to move, but she needed to know what happened.

Tessel Zh'ivatrihr

Tessel was mildy aware of Kaori's desire to help repair the ship, despite orders otherwise. She could empathises; if she were in the same position she'd feel helpless just sitting and waiting to heal enough to help out. This empathy conflicted with her driving need to obey orders. Even if Dr. Kingston didn't outrank her Star Fleet was very adamant on treating the attending physicians word as near law when it came to medical advise. She'd even witnessed Captian's bend their will to meet the Doctor's request on other ships. Tessel couldn't envision herself disobeying but then she also hadn't been in the same position.

She set the panel aside and pulled the sonic driver from her belt, focusing on the optical lines leading into sick bay. There was a long check list of 'what ifs' whenever the hologram programs started malfunctioning and in her experience it most often were an optical problem. As she started to repair the lines she could hear the EMH statically speak. <<Please state - state - state->> She frowned in frusteration as the imaging still wasn't working despite the vocal emittors working, the hologram was unstable still.

Tessel placed the driver between her teeth as she removed her tricorder and scanned the panel again. No further issues here… With a sigh she slipped the tricorder back home in the tool rig where it belonged, swiftly followed by the sonic driver. She returned the panel to the wall and fixed it in place. Glancing around she caught sight of Lt. Tachibana but not the doctor. "Are you going to be here a few more minutes?" She asked and when Kaori nodded Tessel returned a stiff nod. "Okay good, I need to get into the Jefferies tubes to repair a few connections there. I need you to signal me when you see the EMH appear."

She didn't wait for an answer, instead turning and striding a few feet away to remove the door panel to the nearest Jefferies tube and crawled inside. Within a few minutes she found the blown panels, they sparked and hissed at her but she wasn't concerned. She removed her tools once more and got to work repairing the damage that she could with the hope that the EMH would reactivate and help alleviate some of the load in sick-bay.
Flame Demon Flame Demon CelticHero37 CelticHero37

Chief Engineer | Sick Bay| Mood: Focused | Interactions: Kaori

Rion Kennet

Rion stood at the very edge of the dock behind his family home looking out over the purple foam waves as the lapped against the wood-swollen boards. He frowned at the sight and noise knowing that it should bring him peace but it was inherently wrong.

[Brace for impact]

He looked behind him, down the long wooden plank path leading back to the short squat clay building with a thatch roof. I looked the same, almost too small but he supposed it would look that way now that he was grown.

[Systems Critical]

"Rion!" He heard his mother calling for him but couldn't see her. It was strange ... he used to be able to see her when she called from the house when he was on the dock. He tried to move but couldn't, like his feet were bound to where he stood.

Rion took a deep breath, eyes opening to stare at the LED lights overhead. He winced at the pain, squinting against the light as he listened and heard the tell-tale signs of sickbay. He could tell he was in a bio-bed and so it couldn't have been good.
Flame Demon Flame Demon

Captain | Sick Bay | Injured | Interactions: none

It doesn't take long after Tess starts fixing the EMH that it appears "Please state the nature of your medical emergency." it tells Leonard, who simply mentions to the room before going back to Kaori while fixing one of the handheld equipment and he sighs, yes the engineers would probably redo whatever he did there himself, but he needed his equipment now "Alright, I'm going to fix that replicator really quick, hopefully and then grab something for you so you don't have to stay here the entire time, but I don't want you to do any heavy lifting just yet, but since you're stubborn as hell you're going to stay here as nurse." he tells her. When he passes the Jefferies tube he calls to Tess "It's working!". He looks at the captain when the computer beeps and walks over there "Captain, welcome back to the land of the living." he tells him "Melody brought you here after she found you in your ready room, buried under some debree, what do you remember?" he asks, all the while he checks the vitals.
-------------------------------------
Commander Melody Kirk, lower decks

After getting out of the turbolift and carefully climbing her way to deck 14 she sighs in relief when she sees nothing exploded, but she can see that the crash took down the turbolifts of the three lowest decks, given the giant hole in the hull it's also freezing cold. When she enters the room she pauses, no crewmembers in sight "Computer, locate the crewmembers who were working here when we crashed." she says, waiting for a reply "They should still be in the room, they stayed to secure everything, but couldn't make it out on time." the computer announces. At that Melody curses before punching a still intact wall "Dammit!" she yells falling to her knees, she knew that scientists who were specialized in the mixed borg/starfleet technology were hard to find, especially now, but they had a huge amount on board and most on the ship were in that lab during the crash "Gotta calm cown." she thinks slowly getting up, moving some rubble, she had to get them out of there, they didn't know if there were hostile on that planet, then again, the cold would preserve the bodies better. When she has a path she heads to one of the desks where she takes a box with care, heading back to sickbay.

Kaori wasn't having any luck finding information on the section her room was in, which was cause for worry. However, when Tessel came up to ask for help, Kaori jumped slightly. It wasn't anything major and she relaxed right away, but someone might have noticed. Either way, she was glad Tessel asked her to help out. She nodded and said, "Of course, I'll let you know.

When the EMH came online, Kaori called out, "Alright, It's online." Before she could confirm that Tessel had heard her, though, the doctor approached and mentioned he had something for her so she didn't have to stay in the bed. At first she was hopeful as she planned to go and check on the condition of her room right away. Unfortunately, it seemed like the doctor had read her mind and stated that she still had to stay in sick bay to help as a nurse. At least she would have something to do, but that didn't stop her from worrying. The doctor also seemed to be aware of what the Chief Engineer was doing and relayed the message that the EMH was online. Despite the gruff exterior, the doctor seemed to be quite a reasonable man. When the captain awoke, Kaori was one of the first to notice. She sat up on the bed in an attentive posture. Of course she wasn't going to get off the bed until cleared, but at least she could sit.

Tessel grunted at the panel as it sparked and hissed at her. She pressed on, repairing the panel to the best of her abilities given the limitations at hand. After a few minutes mending circuits and readjusting the flow of energy to sick bay she soon received the signal that the EMH was once again activated. She sighed with relief as she was certain for a minute or two that she might not be able to get the EMH back up.

She closed up the panel and returned her tools to the various pouches on her belt before she crawled her way back through the tubes to Sick Bay. She reattached the Jefferies Tube hatch then sought out the EMH to check and make sure it was functioning properly without errors.

Rion's eyebrows knitted together as he frowned at the sight of his Medical Officer peering over him and asking what he remembered. "I was on the dock outside of my family home." His voice was thick and gravelly and he just the effort of speaking made him cough. He knew by the doctor's concerned face and the very fact that he couldn't be at his family home, that his answer was incorrect.

He closed his eyes and focused, trying to recall when it came to him. "I was in my ready room, the bridge called me to the bridge. I was on my way and then I was here. What happened?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back