• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Star Mage Academy

Teva Caledon
Teva sat back in her chair, "Hmm, me?" She looked at her palm and lit her fingertips a light blaze, "See?" She showed him, "I can make fire." She put it out and sat back again, "It's not much, nothing like transforming into a giant snake dragon or having poison, but it's what I'm good at so I use it." She sighed, she felt prying eyes on them for a bit then the feeling disappeared, "Some would consider a meeting like this taboo. Atleast on Earth they would." She looked at him, "Me? I find alien species truly amazing, it's just I don't know how to approach them, I'm in the unknown. I'll be honest, some of them scare me, you seem pretty cool though." She said to him.

(Let me know if I'm posting too fast, I'll slow down)
Mentions: Aio Aio (only mentioned not interacted with)
Interactions: The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

The announcement of mere minutes left for all to assemble in the main hall sounded. "Not late." Glash knew a minor understanding of time; actually, they only knew how long a minute was. But that was enough for the swarm to say with confidence they had arrived with plenty of time to spare. Multitudes of various creatures were included in the mob of students heading toward the main hall. Glash identified the appearance of every one, but remained cautious. It had no prior experience with many of these creatures and could not verify how much of a threat to the swarm any of them could be. "New, different."

The individuals on the side of the swarm facing behind caught sight of the last second of a transformation back a ways. "Changing, threat to swarm?" Glash flattened themselves against the wall as students passed by. The students that noticed this said nothing; that would only lead to an awkward situation. The swarm took this time to focus primarily on feeding as they waited for the picked out individual to get close.

It took half a minute for the creature to get close enough, then Glash focused most of it's individuals to watch the target approach their area. "What it be?" the swarm asked itself, though this could not be heard since this was an exchange of information within the swarm itself. Technically, Glash was slightly past the entrance to the main hall and could not be classified as late; allowing them to process information at this time.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco

Cete was slowly walking to the entrance to the main hall but it had to stop as it felt something weird. "Geshek niiu Vigu?" *Threat or comrade?" It asked itself. Sure Cete could had been ahead and inside the main hall but since it didn't want to be close to any student, it had stayed behind. "Giuu." *Run.* That's what it felt like to him and he didn't know if Cete should run or stay. It sighed, breathing in slowly before going inside, ignoring that miasma of dread that it felt but it finished once he went to the front of the row.
BlightGiver BlightGiver

Making it into the assembly room was hectic. People were loud, impatient, and honestly just irritating. Must have been odd to see a group of ten or twelve people come in looking exaughsted...

Midas cracked his neck, and sighed, his odd irises releasing a feint glow as he looked for a seat. Drain was active, sucking the people around him dry. It got them to shut up atleast.

"I hope this goes quick. I hate these large crowds. To many people..." he was just talking to himself,but it was audible."atleast this group shut the hell up. God, they were so annoying..." he grumbled, running a hand throug his hair.

He was probably going to get chewed out for using his abilities without permission, but a chew out from one person is better than the roar of ten.
He found a seat after a moment, in a rather thig group of people, and got comfortable, resting his chin in his hand and closing his eyes. The crowd around him quickly began to quiet down as fatigue began to set in, and he couldnt help but let a smile grace his lips, the quiet letting his mind settle...

Now if only he could make the whole crowd shut up. Then it would real be nice...
(Open for Interaction)

(Repost time, I guess)
Synth
"I'm not late?!" Synth dashed into the main hall, gasping for air as he bent over. He had made his shoes into golems after taking round rocks and attaching them like wheels, but he was still winded with the fact that moving so fast meant he barely had opportunity to breathe properly. Halfway through a building one of the rocks hit a wall while turning, shattering it. Lucky him, he had found the flow of students and was pretty close to the main hall by then. Ah, have to find a seat- His mind that was used to the rush of RTS games instantly went to the next objective without break, and he looked around the room carefully. Whoever I spend this time with, this is a chance to make an early bond through conversation. It would be best if I gave it a bit of thought...

Him. I think I'll get along with him. Synth walked towards a black haired male that seemed to be following the flow, noticing that the man's eyes were in the shape of hexagons as he got closer. "Hey there, feel like talking to a random stranger?" Synth closed his eyes and smiled as he got close to Midas, raising his hand in a lazy wave. Since he had come from across the room, drain hadn't started showing it's effects on him.
Mistory Mistory

The faux human passed by Glash, but seemed to be wary of the swarm's presence. 'Going to attack?' The Comtarians in the lower half of the swarm asked the upper half. 'Wait and watch.' They decided against it; this creature seemed neutral unless provoked. The swarm continued to remain motionless and watch the human disguise walk toward the front row. "It's gone; might be threat. Remain on guard." Glash said. A random student standing nearby inched forward; she could swear she just heard the wall talk.

Glash slid down the wall and glided across the floor; it knew the position of the "threat" and maintained a distance for observation. At least, that was the plan until the far left individuals of the swarm felt odd and alerted the rest of Glash. 'Danger!' They furiously signaled each other. The Comtarians amassed into a near human sized pillar, just slightly taller to get a good vantage of the crowd. Glash "looked" to the left and realized something in that direction had affected some of the swarm for a short period. There were too many students bunched together to determine which one did it; there was one male pushing forward to converse with another. Might be nothing out of the ordinary, hard to tell.

Lazy Taco Lazy Taco
notices: Mistory Mistory That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Asem watched as two more came in one in particular catching her attention. Watching the people around chuckling a bit at the male's boldness. He sat relatively close to her as nobody really cared to sit next to her for reasons unknown to her. She listened to his soft mutters, Asem was tempted to speak up but the a rather outgoing male came along.

Leaning back she pursed her lips watching the two interact. Shaking her head she groaned before looking back over at the two, narrowing her eyes at the male who seemed to have an effect over everyone's energy. "Do you mind? Some of us actually don't appreciate our energy being taken away." Of course Asem wasn't feeling his effects but she also didnt care for recklessness,as it could potentially lead to one being expelled.

Mistory Mistory That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

As the assembly hall began to become fuller, Kai grabbed his bo-staff and walked to the back of the room instead of being at the front. He'd changed his mind. Besides, people at the back were rarely noticed and he didn't want to be noticed. He was a loner and he wanted to keep it that way. Humans were social creatures but Keanoci didn't need to be.

He sat down and opened up his bottle to drink some water. Even if he was the kind of Keanoci who didn't need to be in constant water, he still had to drink a lot of it. Whilst having his bottle open, he used his powers to take some of the liquid. He began playing with it, creating shapes in the air, such as squares, circles and animals. He smiled. It was times like this where he felt the most comfortable. He needed times like this otherwise he'd never be happy.

The male didnt seem to recognize he had drawn attention, until a voice spoke up. His eyes openig, their glow fading sligtly as he let his gaze meet the man who had spoken to him.
"No one else to bother?" He spoke witout much emotion, looking the visitor over. Before he sighed. That was abit rude.
He adjusted his position, waving to the seat next to him." Sorry. I dont get the chance to talk to others all that much. Go ahead. I dont mind" another voice caught his attention. The tone of a nag. Damn.
Deciding to give a glance back, he looked her over, and the light finally died, releasing the drain." If people knew how to shut up i probably wouldnt have to. Im impressed you knew, however. No one else has realized it..." giving a glance around the surrounding group, he chuckled" i suppose thats enough. Nobody will be screaming now." The students sent him a glare, but it was clear his drain had made them to tired to really do anything...
He brought his attention back to the man,holdig out a hand as greeting.
"Midas. Midas worth. Good to meet you"
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Aio Aio

Synth
Synth didn't mind that the man was apparently draining energy from surrounding people. It hadn't seemed to affect him, because he felt as lively as ever, and that's all that really mattered since nobody in the crowd was his friend (yet). Neither did he really care about Midas's rude first words - he knew a bunch of people that could say a lot worse without meaning it.

He took Midas's hand without losing his slight smile, claiming the seat next to Midas as his own. "My name's Synth, no family name. It's nice to meet you, Midas." He leaned over, whispering a bit. "I kind of understand your frustration with the noise. Most people seem to love talking over each other and hate being quieter than others."

Synth directed his attention towards the front of the hall, hoping the orientation would start soon. "What squad are you aiming for? I'm personally hoping for Beta. Information processing and tactical follow through, I'd like to think of that as my expertise."

Mistory Mistory

Asem rolled her eyes as the man spoke. Sure she didn't have much tolerance for the recruits loudness but she also know that's what would happen when you get a group of mostly teens in one room. "Still. I wouldn't pull something so reckless. I doubt you know what most of these people are capable of and trust me there is always someone stronger than you." She spoke, her tone calm, perhaps even soothing if one allowed. Shrugging at his comment about her noticing. "I suprised others did not." She muttered as the man moved on to talk to the other male.

The other male was far more outgoing than the others. She chuckled at his hopeful tone before she pulled her sleeves up to reveal her array of tattoos before speaking. "The ones who oversaw this whole thing know what they're doing. And perhaps their choice of squad might be surprising but you have to trust that they know what they are doing." Asem never really put her trust into anyone but she knew she shouldn't doubt the higher ups as they have been doing this for quite some time.

Listening to the two he sighed, giving a shake of his head." Whatever hey put me in is their choice. I dont really care. I never planned to come here, but its either this or a small dark room for life. So i took the chance to see sunlight" he got comfortable, relaxing again. He listened to the girl's words, and gave a grumble,waving her off" yes yes, always someone stronger, people may surprise you, be responsible, etcetera etcetera. I appriciate the preaching, but i couldnt give a damn. If one of these ...people, think their anything special, they should look around. Everyone here is powerful in their own right, but it doesnt change the fact that no matter how hard they try, monsters are still monsters. " he said it without a care, not really worried about offending anyone." We are just weapons. So it doesnt matter what we do, they will always find more"
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Aio Aio

Synth hadn't really intended to gain the attention of the female, however she seemed intent on remaining involved in conversation. Honestly, that wasn't bad; it meant that he had someone else he could potentially rope in. He just didn't really like the personality the girl had shown so far, although he didn't show it on his face. There was probably another layer to her or two that might make him change his mind, but it would be a while before such layers were exposed.

When he had heard the response of both Midas and the girl to the question of what squad they wanted to be put into, Synth wanted to slap them in the face and ask if they had no ambition, no wishes. However, he restrained himself, barely letting his eye twitch. "Well, if it were your decision, and not theirs, which squad would you pick miss? I think everyone should have their own desires." Synth still hadn't learned the girl's name, so he left it at 'miss'.

He then turned his head toward Midas, hoping to use some time that the girl might spend thinking to talk to Midas. He decided to ignore his talk about being forced to come here, deeming it a landmine, and asked him about his opinions. "So, you think we're all here just as weapons to be used and thrown away? I wouldn't say that your thoughts are wrong, but I don't like to think of myself as a weapon. I like to think of myself as someone who's here as the pride of his adopted mother, and I like to think of the lives we'll be preserving doing this. I like to think about the friends I'll make, the stories I'll tell, the victories I'll win. Don't you think that it's a miserable way to live your time here, thinking of yourself as just a disposable weapon with no more worth than that? You're an individual, and no other living being thinks or acts quite the way you do. The same goes for everyone else in this room." When Synth realized he had gone on a tangent, he scratched the back of his head meekly. "Sorry, I rambled a bit..."

Aio Aio Mistory Mistory

Midas gave a frown as the man,synth, spoke. But he couldnt help but be impressed. His words were...noble, to say the least. With a sigh, he shook his head"...delta,if i had to choose. Lots of work. Lots of things to do. And i just have to do what im told. Easy. " he shifted, looking back to the girl." I bet your aiming for alpha,hmm? To be the best? Theres always someone like that." He chuckled,looking forward again." To be honest, he would love to be an alpha. However, he knew his own capabilities,and he wasnt alpha material. He was lucky if he didnt get put in omega. Sure they were...whats the word, untapped talent, but that didnt make up for them being the lowest rank. Atleast in delta he would br considered compitent. Something even dear old dad would have to see.

Synth however said something that took amoment to click.
...adopted...
Once he realized what the boy had said, Midas' whole body tensed.
"...you...wouldnt happen to have any...adoptive siblings,would you?your mothers...blood children, by chance?"
Aio Aio That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

Asem sighed, she regretted her choice in attepting to be outgoing as so far she was doing rather poorly. Closing her eyes Asem to in a deep breath. Knowing she could come off as rather rude, perhaps even a bitch but when one spends so much time away from humanity it is often hard to interact. "Trust me you are no monster, and as for being used as a weapon I can't fight you there." Asem herself was created with the mindset of destroying humanity, therefore she could only see herself as a walking weapon. She smiled at the other male's optimism, wishing she had that quality. "While your optimism is refreshing have you ever stopped to think why we are actually here? Of course some of us are here by choice but others are not. We are here to fight the wars that no one wants to fight. The wars no one wants to send their sons or daughter to."

When asked the question of what squad she cared to be in Asem was unsure. Of course everyone wished to be in Alpha, but only few held the required skills to be in Alpha. While Asem was a great listener often fading into the background to assess others she rather take her time to think than rushing. For Delta she was by no means the strongest, nor the most loyal. And then there was omega and while most would detest being in such a low rank Asem did not see it as an insult, if it were up to her everyone would be put into omgea and work their way up as everyone here still had a great deal to learn of their true potential. After thinking for some time Asem finally spoke. "While Alpha would be great and all as I do better giving orders than recieving I wouldn't mind being in any of the squads. All of them have their own perks and drawbacks." By the end of her sentence Asem pursed her lips looking at the others expressions wondering how they would take her little speech, not that she was worried but rather she was curious. Asem found expressions truely enjoyable, good or bad.

She tilted her head at the male's sudden interest in the others lineage but decided not to press on it. Most took offense when one asked about their lineage but the blonde haired man didn't look like the type to be offened very easily.

(nah, im fine)

"Hmm...I wouldn't say the same about the rest of my species, though. Hatibahu tend to be a bit...violent. Still, it is a shame that segregation occurs like this - both speices would come out better if they leaned form each other, right?" He says, somewhat disappointed. He was no stranger to discrimination - he could see why, but he still didn't like it. He wasn't like the rest of his kind; he was much calmer than the others. Yes, he got a bit angry now and then, but nothing like other Hatibahu. "But hey, pyrokinesis! That's cool. So, you have fireballs and stuff?" Rygat liked Teva - he had only known for for five minutes, if that, but already he felt like he could trust her, unlike most of the other humans, and actually talk properly to.

Kumii Kumii

(I'm gonna assume my second charrie was accepted?? Nothing was said about it in the OOC chat so aaa)
Jayla-17-Shapeshifter
Wings of an eagle, long claws, twitching cat ears... The girl titled her head, blinking at the reflection in the mirror. She couldn't decide how she wanted to look like today. Without her powers, she was your average highschool girl: 5'5", dirty blonde hair, brown eyes. However, a little concentration and she could become something out of a child's fairytale book. This power, however, brought a bit too much freedom on this morning. What to do, what to do. Jayla ran a manicured hand through her hair. After a moment of thought, she decided on ram horns. In a second, maroon horns curled from her forehead. As an afterthought, she changed her hair into waist-long blonde locks. Her look of the day didn't give her any special powers (some did, supposed she turned into a fairy or mermaid, or something of that sort), but her horns made her look hot. For good measure, the girl changed her eyes to become purple. She gave a small twirl, admiring her work in the mirror.

Beep. Beep. Beep. The girl froze. "My alarm?" She asked to herself bewilderingly, quickly grabbing her phone. It was time for the orientation. The familiar feeling of dread settled in her stomach: she was probably going to be late. "What's new?" Jayla muttered, hurrying out of the women's bathroom.

As soon as the door swung behind her, she was immersed in a crowd. Her purples eyes scanned desperately for a familiar face. Jayla wasn't a stranger at the academy; she knew a considerable amount of people. But in this instance, she couldn't seem to find a soul she recognized. Jayla frowned. She refused to stand alone, and somebody was going to have to put up with her. She scurried up to two students in a conversation: a male with red skin and horns, and a girl that may or may not have been holding fire. "Uh, hi," Jayla interrupted, her lips forming a friendly smile.

The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Kumii Kumii

Last edited:
Synth decided to just nod his head in acknowledgement at the girl's lecture - was it really supposed to be impossible to be optimistic and knowledgeable? However, he figured the more he responded the more the girl would try to break through him to get him to understand, so he left his response at a nod.

When he heard Midas's wish, he smiled a bit. He didn't really picture Midas fitting in in Delta based on his behavior, but he understood why he said Delta. Always being given tasks, with no need to think on your own. It doesn't sound so bad at first glance, after all - the thought of this made Synth smile more as memories of friends he was leaving behind were dug up. There were several capable people that approached life like that that he had always tried to push forward.

However, the girl's response shocked him a little bit with its unexpectedness. It felt like a little bit of her true self shone through the thick miasma of strict, realistic rule following without full thought that had been what she showed so far. Sure, she had been thinking, but always from within that rule following mindset. Her reply showed a bit of personality, and it instantly added ten points to her likability in Synth's books.

Finally, Midas's question came. It was something that was a bit unnatural, leading directly into something that most would be uncomfortable talking to strangers about. However, as Asem had predicted, Synth isn't the type of person to really care about such topics as long as it wasn't safety-endangering material. "Well... She didn't really talk about it, but I know that she had a husband who had one or two children with her before signing a divorce and claiming custody of the children. Other than that, I had a kickass grandfather that died six months ago. That's about as far as my knowledge of the family tree goes, though... Are you looking for someone?" Only now did Synth, who had taken a liking to Midas, think of the possibility that he was asking due to a grudge. Synth had no idea what sort of things happened to her, but he knew that his mother wasn't a bad person and he knew that he would rather die than divulge any more information that might point Midas against her.

Mistory Mistory Aio Aio

Last edited:
Teva Caledon
"Yeah I ca--" She was interrupted by the sudden introduction of Jayla, which was quite rude to be honest, "Oh um.. hi." Despite her normally caring personality, she couldn't help but be a little annoyed by this girl's interruption .
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Mandalay Mandalay

" ...no. i know exactly where they are. 6 feet under, where they belong. Don't worry. I just...ive seen what happens. When a kid is adopted,some times they end up overshadowing the biological. I was just curious if that happened here. Sorry. I shouldnt let my personal matters affect my judgement... hope you understand." He grumbled,looking away. " anyways. Im sorry for your loss. Your grandfather,i mean. I know what its like to lose someone important. It can be...hard,to say The least. May those lost rest in piece."

After a moment,he spoke again.
"Honestly i just hope to get to work as soon as possible,regardless of rank"
Aio Aio That Lass Over There That Lass Over There

As Rygat was listening intently to his new acquaintance, whom he was somewhat interested in finding out her powers, he jumps slightly as he hears another feminine voice behind him. While he was slightly annoyed about the interruption, he wasn't too fussed about it. To be honest, he was somewhat curious about the new girl - perhaps she could also do something exciting with her powers. "Hello?", he says, noticing the agitated look on Teva's face, "can we help you?" His voice was gruff, yes, but somewhat inviting and calm. He notices the horns of the new girl with a somewhat surprised expression, but it vanishes as he has a closer look at them. 'Goat horns', he thinks to himself, 'not dragon horns.' He does wonder though how a girl managed to grow male goat horns, but that's a query for another time.

Kumii Kumii Mandalay Mandalay

Jayla-17-Shapeshifter
Jayla inwardly cringed at the girl's evident annoyance with her. This wasn't a new problem; she seemed to constantly be breaking social rules and barriers she didn't realize existed. She mentally scolded herself. For a moment, her gaze fluttered to the students around them in order to ease herself from the hard stares of her peers. Jayla cursed at the inability to find friends. I really should have planned to meet up with somebody, she thought, returning her purple eyes to the two in front of her. "Uh, sorry," she said, her smile faltering. "I was wondering if I could stand with you guys during the orientation?"
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Kumii Kumii

Last edited:
Teva Caledon
Teva looked at Rygat then to Jayla and sighed and waved her hand dismissively, "Sorry, it was just a bit rude to suddenly introduce yourself like that.. yeah, sure, I don't mind." She assured the girl, "I'm Teva, it's nice to meet you." She gave a warm smile to Jayla, she looked around at the various races and people here, "Speaking of, I wonder when it'll start. I hope they didn't gather us here just to have us wait.."
Mandalay Mandalay The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald

"Yeah...", Rygat continues with, "it is infuriating to be waiting. I doubt they'd keep us for long, though, surely." He lies back with a cocky star, as he looks from Teva to the new girl. At which, he offers her a red hand. "Rygat, by the way." He says with a suave tone, yet friendly. "Who are you?" He find that his own red eyes are staring into her purple ones for a second, but then looks away as he realizes how weird that must make him look. "What species are you, if I may ask? I'm a Hatibahu, myself."

Mandalay Mandalay Kumii Kumii

Teva Caledon
Teva raised an eyebrow at Rygat stare at Jayla and gave Rygat a stare, "What was that." She was rather blunt about it. She looks at Jayla, inspecting her. "Mhmm..." She nodded, "Interesting..." She snickered and turned away to hide her face and try to prevent herself from laughing, her face flushed with red from resisting to laugh.
The Fabulous Emerald The Fabulous Emerald Mandalay Mandalay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back