• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Star Mage Academy

Teva Caledon
Teva looked at Mika and placed her hand on the back of his and fire jumped from hers and interacted with the sparks on his, she looked at it with awe but was snapped out of it when Synth addressed her. She removed her hand and fire from Mika's, "Wh-what? Um.. I.. I guess.. it--" She was cut off, Wait... why can't I think of why? "I.. truly.. I truly don't know what's holding me back." She said with surprise and a bit of sadness. Maybe it had something to do with how she acquired her powers in the first place, her expression was full of thought and sorrow, it was neither hard nor easy for her to remember because she couldn't.
Sabishi Sabishi That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Mistory Mistory

'Midas...omega squad.' The swarm repeated this information over and over to cement the fact that they were on the brink of war for their survival here. "Human Kypher..no, Kypher" Glash corrected themselves. "This information you and your companion Jayla have provided will be of great benefit to us. You have our.....what was the word for it? Gratitude, that's the one." Glash upped the pitch of their speaking to sound more appreciative; hard to tell whether this was successful or not."We shall let you two get back to your business; this library requires our presence." Glash stated, then traveled back down the hall without a final word. 'If there is a threat, perhaps we should increase our numbers further.' The swarm hypothesized. 'There is not enough sustenance in this atmosphere to support any more of us, unfortunately. We might just have to make do with our current population.'

Mandalay Mandalay Kloudy Kloudy

Midas couldnt help but yawn, slipping past Synth with a pat on his shoulder.
"Thanks boss." He mumbled, finding comfort against the wall by the door, letting the others find their place.

After a moment of silence synth spoke up. As he went in,explaining why he was asking them such questions, midas sighed. "As long as you all can...keep a secret. I dont want what i actually do to get out...people tend to get uncomfortable when they find out someone is sucking the life out of them..." he gave a grumble, and rolled his hand.

" so yeah, i dont drain energy. There is somehing my...dad discovered...Or,studied, he called it hedron energy. The closest thing people have figured out to compare it to is chi,ya know, life energy. Not only can i see it,but dear old daddy made it where i can suck it up, and use it as i see fit. I can make small,armor punching balls of death,or send it out like a wave of electricity. And before you ask,no, its not plasma.its more.. magical, than that. Synth,you missed it,but that girl in orientation didnt. I was draining that section of the crowd to shut them up. Makeing them weak. Normally thats all it does. Makes them tired. But if you let me suck you dry..."he decided to shrug at that statement" you get the idea." He grinned, shaking his head"of course that can take days, so you all dont have to worry."
That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Kumii Kumii Sabishi Sabishi

Eros-19-ability to manipulate emotions-Omega
Eros looked down, an amused smile on his face. He could tell the other boy wasn't completely assimilated to human culture; a human would never be so blunt. "Touche," he replied, his blue eyes glancing back up to make eye contact with Kai. He drummed his fingers on the edge of the bed. He allowed silence to sit comfortably in between them for a few moments. "We have a little bit of time to kill, we should do something," he suggested.
MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Jayla-17-Shapeshifter-Delta
Jayla listened eagerly to Kypher and Glash talk about a student named Midas. The girl didn't recognize the name; she hadn't felt his powers during orientation, either. But she enjoyed the gossip. Jayla put the boy's name on a mental list of those to watch out for. Staying silent, she gave a small smile as the swarm-being talked. She was starting to warm up to Glash, it was an oddly charming creature. The girl watched it hurry away, heading down the hall towards the library. She turned to Kypher, her purple eyes wide. "That was an interesting encounter," she said with a laugh.
BlightGiver BlightGiver Kloudy Kloudy
Mentions: Mistory Mistory

Dom sighed, still completely bored and it seeming that nothing remotely interesting was going to happen soon. So instead he settled for going to the gym and training, as he wasn't sure what combat training facilities there were yet to use his abilities and sword fighting. It didn't take too long to find a gym of sorts for the Omega squad, so he settled with going there and going to the squat rack. He was no idiot when it came to weight strength training, his muscular body a testament to it. He decided to go for the classic 5x5 routine with the squat rack and the free available barbell, where he went through a routine of five exercises for five reps, then break and then a further five more for five times (except for the deadlift, where he did a single five reps for that weight), and continued rising until he hit his upper limit with each exercise. The grunting was audible though not loud, since he wasn't obnoxious about it. The weights were actually rather hefty, eventually plateauing his deadlift at 230kg.

The silence was natural. When Eros spoke once more, Kai replied with nod. He then replied, "What do you have in mind," he asked, "Don't forget we might not be allowed to go wandering. It is late after all." Kai didn't really want to get into trouble on his first day and he didn't want Eros to as well. Detentions and temporary exclusions would not look good on their records.

Synth smiled, getting his dreaded answer that was exactly the one he wanted out of Mikahil. "Mika, I know you're still figuring out how you want to use your power, and I know it would be a bit counter-intuitive since you've likely never used your control over electromagnetism in such ways I'm about to tell you on purpose... Well, I'm wasting time. If you can control electromagnetism, Mika, there's no limit to the things you can do. Light? It's an electromagnetic wave. You could rob someone of their vision by directing the light away from their eyes, make yourself invisible by redirecting light around you - at the cost of your own vision - make a laser that could kill... You could shut down or power any electronic... You could super magnetize metals... There isn't a limit, you'd be a god of an era of technology. It will take a lot of training your mind to work that way and understanding the fundamental principles, though. Plus, there's a chance that your mind wouldn't be able to do such complex calculations easily. But, it's within your capability, and if you mastered it you'd likely be one of the most powerful individuals." Synth took a deep breath, honestly a bit scared of the implications. Mika was one of those unreasonable individuals, that could just tear through any plan with brute force.

Then, Synth's gaze turned to Teva. "If you can't tell me, don't worry about it. There are long ways to find information. If you'll work with me, I can do experiments and figure out how your flames work. I'd find it fun." He smiled at her, trying to give her the feeling that she shouldn't worry about it. He didn't like the fact that she was upset from his question, it felt like he had failed her in some way by not wording it in a way she could answer.

Finally, his gaze turned towards Midas. He took a moment to think, but shrugged his shoulders in the end and frowned as he gave his answer. "I'm going to need to do experiments with you too... Not because your explanation is insufficient, but I just have never heard of this Hedron energy you're talking about. Although, I don't think I'll ever see the equipment I'd need to do experiments on that tier, and I don't consider myself that hardcore in science, so please don't expect much." Synth felt bad, but he simply wasn't able to help with something he had never heard of before. It didn't seem like Midas and his dad were in a good relationship, so Synth didn't mention any possibilities that would involve contact with him. "As for orientation... Isn't it possible that I just have high 'Hedron energy', life energy, due to my lifestyle when compared to that girl that we talked to? Or maybe, since my powers aren't really connected to life or energy in the slightest, I'm just not familiar with such things and didn't notice. Regardless, I don't think your ability is unsettling enough to immediately reject you as a friend, and I don't think you're a bad guy. I'll make sure not to tell anyone, though."

Synth looked around the room, slightly curious. "So, with all of that absorbed... Sorry that everything I said for definite was about Mika... Is there anything that you three can think of for my abilities, or each other's abilities? Having every idea is crucial to adding more options and more paths to success. Plus, we all might get a bit wiser about ourselves and each other from this."

Mistory Mistory Kumii Kumii Sabishi Sabishi
(whew, that got long)

Mikahil was a little bashful by the fact that Teva placed her hand on the back of his, so he felt like it was the right time to talk about more stuff about him, but as he opened his mouth he dismissed the thought because he was tired of having everything be about him for that moment, and he wanted to help Synth. "I'd say that your golems would do very well as a distraction, or to make things harder you can use them as ranged attacker. I know that our team is very good on range, but think about it. If we can surround our enemy and carefully synchronize as a team, then our ranged offense is something unheard of. As for close range," Mikahil held his chin, "I'd say you could use your golems to have an up close and personal distraction. I could use my sword to constantly slash at the enemy while the golems wave their fists around. There'd be little room to escape, they won't focus on Midas draining them from afar. I'd say having Teva accompany Midas for protection would be good as well. I kinda feel like I'm missing something..." He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Synth again, "You said you had another sort of power right? What was it again?" Aside from that, Mikahil had a few dormant thoughts in his head wondering that if he was so "strong" then would he beat them in a one v. three? Of course not. Mikahil would be destroyed by the looks of it. "Teva, I know that Synth has already asked you about how your power works, but this is pretty important. Let's decrease it to one simple question instead. Do you heat the air with your energy? If it's still not working then I won't press any further. We still have a lot of time."
Mistory Mistory That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Kumii Kumii

Teva Caledon
Teva looked at Synth, letting her legs hang from the edge of the bed but then again pulled them up to her face, and buried her face in it at Mika's question, "I... don't know how I do it. I just do." She said softly, it was obvious that she was reluctant to answer the questions, "It... just... happens." With each word she said her voice got quieter. For the first time, she was feeling uncomfortable around her friends. No matter how hard she tried she can't remember how her power works, or why she even had it in the first place.

The temperature in the room had begun to slowly rise as she felt more and more uncomfortable about the situation, in particular the questions about how her powers work. She was subconsciously activating her Firestorm ability at a slow rate, flames began to swirl around her, it was a subconscious self defense.
Sabishi Sabishi That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Mistory Mistory

Thanks to the directions of two friendly souls, Glash successfully located the academy's library. "Don't mind us." The writhing mass declared as they waltzed into the bastion of textbooks and knowledge. The librarian at the check-out desk had to realign her glasses; she couldn't believe what she just saw. The whole swarm looked around at the shelves full of useful information. 'Where do we start first? Perhaps on different types of magic; we may learn of ways to counter them. Excellent idea, any other suggestions? Maybe books about sustenance gain; in the case we really do need to increase our numbers exponentially, it would be beneficial to know how. Look's like it's all agreed upon then." The swarm reached consensus and set about grabbing many books off the shelves; books about biology, magic history, types of magics, uncommon species, and unfortunately, a book about cooking and eating meals.

"We are taking these, human." Glash stated, slamming a stack of ten books on the desk in front of the librarian. She nervously nods and begins to check out the books; when Glash remembers of one item that would also help. Sneakily, Glash formed a tendril and reached back into the shelves, searching for a dictionary. 'Found it.' The Comtarians in the tendril communicated to the rest. They amassed around the dictionary and brought it within the swarm for study. In a matter of minutes, the swarm manages to flip through every page and retain every word and definition. 'Excellent.' Glash stated within, forcefully expelling the dictionary out the back of the swarm. "We appreciate the assistance, human." The squirmy shape thanked the librarian. She nodded once more as Glash took the books and left for their dorm room.

With a grumble, midas pushed himself off the wall, coming over to the bed.

"Alright. Thata enough questions. She doesnt wanna answer, ahe doesn't have to. Goes for all of us. Just because wee friends, doesnt mean we have to tell each other anything. Friend is an easy word to use. Trust is something different."
He shook his head,before gicing her a nudge
"Might wanna cool it. We dont want to screw this whol group over with accidents. We got a fight, and a reckless use of power. We dont need a fire to scar the group to,yeah?" He gave a smile."dont worry. You dont know the science. You think i do?i just know what works. Boss just needs to...study,us abit"
Sabishi Sabishi That Lass Over There That Lass Over There Kumii Kumii

So Cete had completely no idea what was happening as it's search for food wasn't helping at all. So many doorways and rooms that every where It went, something weird was happening. Heck Cete saw two humans doing something that looking like the female was attacking the female some way or another but Cete wasn't sure, it wasn't nurtue on human nature so it had no idea what they were doing. "Where is the food located at?" It asked itself as Cete real form walked through out the building, naturally getting lost everywhere he had gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back