• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Splicers - I Am Legion - Palladium System - OPEN

Purr Purr if I do use the advanced martial arts styles, do I have your ok to use the Jeet Kun Do 2.0 of yours?

Sherwood Sherwood Just to be crystal clear here - I am in no way advocating for Martial Art Powers in this game. You will recall that Psychie's addition of said powers in her (2nd!) Rifts game completely changed the direction I had for Dreamy (for the better, but it changed it big time). It's the culture and the way of life that I'm mostly looking for alongside the Attribute and combat bonuses.

Also, I'd like to ask another question here - how do you think having a Bombardier in a group would alter the group as a whole? For example, having a Dreadnaught means we can kiss fast movement goodbye, but boy can we dish it out (albeit until we run out of ammo) with the Dreadnaught's abilities. When Terra was running around with her "boys," they were with her nearly all of the time.

I'm thinking having a Bombardier in the party (regardless of who is playing one) might change the kind of party we have. Unless there are missions where the Mantis Cannon is "left at home" and possibly replaced by something else for a time? What's your opinion here?

Considering that there will probably be several occasions where a Bombardier will be forced to run without the Mantis Cannons, I might have to rethink allowing that class for use by player characters. They make for a tough set of opponents for the Machine to go up against, but I also don't want to cripple a player taking the Bombardier by making him/her constantly leave the Cannons behind.

At the moment, the game is just you and Psychie, and I trust both of you to be able to play a Bombardier and not pitch a fit when you have to leave your toys behind somewhere.

Also, did you see my earlier question about the Jeet Kun Do style? I don't want to make the mistake of using it without your permission again. I value your friendship too much to offend you like that.

Purr Purr if I do use the advanced martial arts styles, do I have your ok to use the Jeet Kun Do 2.0 of yours?
Sherwood Sherwood On the condition that you spell Jeet Kune Do correctly (there's an "e" in there) and leave credit in the Lore section (or wherever you place it, as you have done in your previous games).

Heh! Thank you very much for asking! =)

Just to add my two cents here, getting to use the martial art styles that you've allowed before, like the Krav Maga, Kung Fu and the Tai Kwon Do, would be a big help to the party.

At the moment, the game is just you and Psychie, and I trust both of you to be able to play a Bombardier and not pitch a fit when you have to leave your toys behind somewhere.
Well, I certainly won't pitch a fit if that happens. However, is there a possibility of replacing the Mantis(es) with... some other form of equipment/gear/weapon if it should help the mission? I certainly don't mind leaving them behind. If my character is fine without them for the mission, that too is terrific! I just don't want to go on a mission and be the liability is all. =)

Tai Kwon Do
"Tae," please? "Tae" means "Hand" in Korean. "Tai" might mean something entirely different! Heh heh! (Sorry for these corrections; I'm in one of my moods where things that aren't accurate are standing out more than normally.) =)

Well, I certainly won't pitch a fit if that happens. However, is there a possibility of replacing the Mantis(es) with... some other form of equipment/gear/weapon if it should help the mission? I certainly don't mind leaving them behind. If my character is fine without them for the mission, that too is terrific! I just don't want to go on a mission and be the liability is all. =)
From what I've read so far, the Bombardier is pretty much locked into just using the Mantis Cannons. If you want a different critter, go with a Outrider or a Packmaster.

Of course. Pardon my ignorance. Lol
Psychie Psychie Ha ha! Done! Meanwhile, please pardon my continuously bringing these things up; I can't help but notice them. Once I see them, they're hard to "unsee" if you know what I mean? Heh!

I'm not saying that you will never get to use the Mantis guns, but there may be times where it is just not feasible. The same goes for the Outrider and his bio-tank and the Packmaster and the Gorehounds.

From what I've read so far, the Bombardier is pretty much locked into just using the Mantis Cannons. If you want a different critter, go with a Outrider or a Packmaster.
Sherwood Sherwood Ah, that's not what I mean. I don't mean to say, "let me play another O.C.C. if I don't have the Mantis Cannons." I mean to say, "if it would help the mission, could my character have some item (not critter) that would help the mission along? A mine detector if we were mine-sweeping, as an example? A temporary bio-power that helps the party in some way?

EDIT: Again, if it's needed. If it's not, then I'm good!

Sherwood Sherwood Ah, that's not what I mean. I don't mean to say, "let me play another O.C.C. if I don't have the Mantis Cannons." I mean to say, "if it would help the mission, could my character have some item (not critter) that would help the mission along? A mine detector if we were mine-sweeping, as an example? A temporary bio-power that helps the party in some way?

EDIT: Again, if it's needed. If it's not, then I'm good!
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I'll let you get other gear as needed if and when you have to leave the Mantis guns behind.

Of course. As I said before, I trust you to play nice and not throw a hissy cow or else I'd restrict the class to just npcs.

Heck, if I was that kind of player, I don't think I'd be worthy to game among adults at all. That's just not how I roll. =)

Concerning martial arts, there's a large chance I'll take Jeet Kune Do 2.0 for this character. I miss C'osmo working out with his AI hologram of Bruce Lee. There's just so much depth to Jeet Kune Do. Compared to many of the traditional martial arts, I really find The Way of the Intercepting Fist to be liberating. Even after all of these decades since Lee's passing, there's no other martial way of life quite like the one he made. "No way as way," indeed. =)

In my head, ttrpg is "tabletop" RPG? I thought you were running a game with people near you. So you will be opening a PbP (Play by Post) game here on RP Nation?
Ah, yes, but my computer is on a table, so technically it is a role playing game I run from the table (silly)

But yeah, it’s on here, I forgot what a PbP was called, I should have specified that.

Sweet. What kind of game are you setting up?
Castle Faulkenstien. It’s card based rather than dice based, so I’ll have to work on translating the mechanics, but I want to run something RP heavy, and with fewer numbers than Rifts or Dnd 5e. Would you both be interested in something like that?

Ah, yes, but my computer is on a table, so technically it is a role playing game I run from the table (silly)
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Ahh! I see what you did there! =)

O.K. (I just woke up so I'm still trying to "make sense of the world"). So this IS the same PbP you and I chatted about weeks ago. Cool! If memory serves, you were translating this the last time (first time?) we chatted about this game.

Castle Faulkenstien. It’s card based rather than dice based, so I’ll have to work on translating the mechanics, but I want to run something RP heavy, and with fewer numbers than Rifts or Dnd 5e. Would you both be interested in something like that?
Castle Faulkenstein! That's right!

O.K.. I'm not into card-based games (from Magic to poker, they're just not my thing). If it's fewer numbers than Palladium or D&D, there are a number of systems that are less rules-heavy than those (for example, I also like Avatar: Legends and Cyberpunk). I'll take a rules-light game over a card game any day. =)

I am interested in being in this game of yours, Alex! =)

Yeah, I hope we get some more Palladium fans in here. Splicers is one heck of a game! =)

I'm very interested
Awesome. Here is the OCC thread to jump into the conversation. So far, we have Dannigan playing a Bombardier and Psychie running a Dreadguard. I was going to allow a Dreadnaught, but after reading the OCC, it is only available to Dreadgaurd's over 5th level.

Sounds like and interesting game, but might have to pass on it as im learning a different game system to try and maybe run it in the future and one to give me my scify fix.

Basically its this one.

Sounds like and interesting game, but might have to pass on it as im learning a different game system to try and maybe run it in the future and one to give me my scify fix.

Basically its this one.

Oh, wow! Yeah, Splicers runs on the same system as Psychie's Rifts game (Palladium). But Mekton? Wow! Haven't played that game in awhile! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back