• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Splicers - I Am Legion - Palladium System - OPEN

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Splicers is a Palladium game world that is a cross between the Matrix trilogy and the Terminator with a few important twists. First, the Machine intelligence known as N.E.X.U.S. that was originally built to run the planet has suffered a mental breakdown and its mind has fractured into several different personalities, most of which wish nothing more than to eradicate all of the human vermin from the planet. The next big difference is that the Machine has unleashed a nano-plague upon the planet. This plague turns ordinary metal into a lethal weapon against humans, altering the structure of even something as basic as a metal spoon into a horribly deadly construct bent on the destruction of humans.

With the ability to use metal weapons such as rail guns and energy blasters in their fight against the Machine taken away from them, humanity has turned to using bio-sculpted weapons and armor to combat the forces of the Machine. Think the symbiote from the Venom movies, or the bio armor in the Guyver series. Using Bio-E points, you buy various genetic mutations for your Host Armor to customize your design to meet your own personal desires.

Using these suits of bio-armor, you have been chosen to aid the Resistance in striking back against the Machine, ranging out from your hidden shelters underground or underwater to attack the Machine and try to reclaim your world.

I am looking to run a PbP game of Splicers with a small group of people. Good or neutral alignments only, please. I don't want to have the game fall apart due to player infighting.

Available Character Classes include:
Archangel
Dreadguard
Outrider
Packmaster
Roughneck
Deliveryman
Bombardier - limit one

I am willing to assist with character creation for those that need a bit of guidance.

Below is a quick YouTube video about the world.

Purr Purr Psychie Psychie EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 GunMan2 GunMan2 Eonivar Eonivar

Last edited:
Interested #2!

EDIT: Ah! I see you're using Splicers: I am Legion too! =)

Last edited:
Eventually I'll be running you guys through the gauntlet of that book, so don't read ahead! No spoilers! Lol
No worries. I can't stand spoilers. That Bombardier class reminds me a little of the U.S.A.'s combat controller except they bring the fun along with them instead of having to call it in. Neat! =)

I'm looking at either the Dreadguard or the Outrider. I'll think on my options.
Hmm. Psychie Psychie Do you think Pyrrah would make a good Dreadguard (if you feel like playing her)? If you do, and if I select the Combat Controller, er, Bombardier, then our characters would both follow the Dreadguard Code of Duty (which I think echoes of Bushido).

Well, I have decided to go ahead and order the hard copy of both books to go in my collection. The pdfs are great, but there are times that having a solid book in hand can't be beat.

Well, I have decided to go ahead and order the hard copy of both books to go in my collection. The pdfs are great, but there are times that having a solid book in hand can't be beat.
No doubt. I own both myself and love Chuck Walton II's artwork!

Psychie Psychie Your Terra might also make one heck of an Outrider?

Terra could also be a good Packmaster. But I do kinda like the idea of pulling Pyrrah into this. Obviously not as a Zentraedi, but her general personality.

While I would like a pack of Gorehounds, that's a lot of paperwork to keep straight. Same for the Bombardier. Having a single other critter like with an Outrider could be doable.

Sherwood Sherwood are you going to be allowing any skills from the Master List that are not in the Splicers book? And how are we rolling attributes? And finally (for now) are you going to be using the advanced Martial Arts styles from Ninjas and Superspies?

I'm afraid i will have to turn this down for now, as I am planning on starting a ttrpg of my own pretty soon, and i want to keep things under control.

Sherwood Sherwood are you going to be allowing any skills from the Master List that are not in the Splicers book? And how are we rolling attributes? And finally (for now) are you going to be using the advanced Martial Arts styles from Ninjas and Superspies?
No to the Master Skill list. I am considering allowing a select few martial art styles, but I'm not set on that yet.

We will use my standard system for attributes: roll 4d6 eight times, taking the top three dice. Reroll 1's. If the total of the three remaining dice is 16-18, you add another d6. If that die rolls a 6, add one more d6 for a possible score of 30 before adding in any skill bonuses.

As usual, anyone that wants me to use my own dice instead of the die roller on the site, just let me know.

I'm afraid i will have to turn this down for now, as I am planning on starting a ttrpg of my own pretty soon, and i want to keep things under control.
Have a great time in your tabletop game, Alex! 8D

Sorry I didn't see this before I tagged you again. Good luck on your game!

You say this as though you two won’t be invited to join :> my goal is to be ready to start at my winter break, but maybe my post will be up sooner!
EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Wha? Alex? You called it a ttrpg.

In my head, ttrpg is "tabletop" RPG? I thought you were running a game with people near you. So you will be opening a PbP (Play by Post) game here on RP Nation?

No to the Master Skill list. I am considering allowing a select few martial art styles, but I'm not set on that yet.

We will use my standard system for attributes: roll 4d6 eight times, taking the top three dice. Reroll 1's. If the total of the three remaining dice is 16-18, you add another d6. If that die rolls a 6, add one more d6 for a possible score of 30 before adding in any skill bonuses.

As usual, anyone that wants me to use my own dice instead of the die roller on the site, just let me know.
Sherwood Sherwood As always, I am highly interested in learning if there are Martial Art Forms from... any book... in this game? (Take my Skill slots! *throws Skill slots at the screen*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back