• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spin You Around

She frowned and nodded. “Why didn’t you come home Charlie?” She asked him quietly “I was worried sick all night.” She murmured and kissed his head

Jon lay there after the seizure frowning and looking around seeing max talking to a medic but he couldn’t hear her and all he knew was there was a light shining in his eyes until he passed out again as they were moving him to the ambulance.

Charlie frowned some and groaned a bit "I didnt....I was gonna come home...I fell asleep?" He murmured not fully remembering what happened. He just remembered going to his car and that was it.

Max talked with the medic and quickly rushed to get some pants on before she followed behind the ambulance to the hospital.

Carmen frowned crying a little more. “Get some sleep baby. Please get some sleep. I’ll talk to you when you wake up.” She murmured and kissed his head tucking him in on the couch then left him to it.

Jon was fading in and out of consciousness for several hours it felt like until he registered that he had a mask being pushed onto his face and they were telling him to relax and let it happen, just passing out again to the sound of buzzing.

Max stood out of everyones way letting tears fall as she heard them say he seems to have had a small stroke "A stroke? But I thought he was making progress?!" She whimpered

Charlie nodded and fell asleep instantly waking up about an hour later grunting and rushing to the bathroom chucking up in the toilet

Carmen waited patiently for him to come back out and stood near the bathroom with some water for him, looking at him when he walked out and just hugged him tightly as she could, "You missed the scan yesterday.... She's doing okay, as good as she can in my wrecked body..... And it really is a she... They confirmed it, we're having a baby girl." She murmured not letting go of him.

"He was... Maam we need to deal with the situation at hand, we're going to have to take him in for surgery so we need you to wait where everyone else is, we will let you know when he's finished." His doctor explained to her while they started to buzz his hair off and were starting to put him under for the surgery.

Max whimpered softly but nodded quickly calling his mother and asking her to get Lana from school and come to the hospital. She waited for hours and finally they brought him back a new scar on his head making her take a deep breath "What happened?" She asked the doctor quietly

Charlie looked at her in shock and placed his hand on her stomach letting a single tear fall "A girl? Really?" He asked quietly taking a deep breath as the mental war he was under started up again. The side of addiction winning out last night but his sobriety was winning this small battle at the moment.

He took her to see the scans they’d done to explain the surgery. He’d been having a stroke and they needed to get the cause fixed so it didn’t happen again but there had been some complications and as it turned out there had been an injury to the brain they hadn’t caught and the surgery aggravated it but they’d stabilised him and were hoping for a fairly smooth recovery but they would be oooking out for any changes that might indicate further damage.

Jon woke up snother hour later looking over at max and groaned a bit. “What’s going on?” He slurred to her.

Carmen frowned and held onto him tightly. “You have got to fight against it babe. Please. For me. For our daughter.... how would I ever explain to her that she doesn’t have a dad because he overdosed on heroin before she was born.... you’re lucky it was Tom that found you, anyone else would have arrested you.” She muttered crying.

Max listened and whimpered softly nodding a bit "Okay thank you Doc." She whispered going to see Jon. She tooo his hand in hers and gave a soft smile "Hey there handsome." She whispered letting a few tears fall as she watched him "You um....you had a stroke." She whispered

Charlie nodded some and took a deep breath "Carmen...Please help me....Ive got this war in my head and its killing me." He whispered letting a few tears fall "Its the worst its ever been."

He grunted a bit and watched her. “A stroke? No that’s not fair.” He mumbled but he was trying to stay calm and relaxed for her. “I’m sorry.” He mumbled not remembering anything past leaving the house with Lana and he was going to ask where she was but her and his mom arrived another few minutes late. “You should be in school.” He slurred to her.

Carmen shook her head. “ What do you want me to do Charlie?! How am I supposed to help when you don’t even come home st night.” She whimpered. “I don’t want you to be going through this. I want you home happy and healthy but you’re using again and someday soon you’re gonna overdose and then I’ll be left with a baby all by myself!” She whimpered shaking some not letting go of him.

Max sighed heavily and nodded a bit "I know, I know." She whispered kissing his cheek gently looking at Lana as she came in "We got her out early to see you." She murmured

Charlie took a deep breath amd shook his head some "I dont know how to stop Carmen! I keep trying but then that fucking voice starts up and I fail!"

She frowned more and shook her head "What do you want me to do Charlie?" She whimpered just holding onto him tightly and shaking a little, "We have got 20 weeks to turn you around but you've lost your sense of urgency." She pointed out. "You're about to become a Dad for crying out loud, it's not just about you anymore." She muttered and pulled away, swaying on her feet a little. With her health delicate as it was she'd been told to stay away from stress for the baby's sake and hers but that hadn't been possible.

He groaned some as she ran to him and hugged him tightly, "Hey... I'll be alright." He tried to reassure Lana, hugging her back carefully, "You better be emailing those teachers about what you're missing." He mumbled. She'd had a fair bit of time off when he'd been missing and even when he was in the hospital recovering and he wanted to be sure she wasn't losing out on school. "Lana I need to talk to Max alright?" He mumbled, feeling a little panicky.

Charlie frowned more and caught her before she could fall "Come sit down babe.." he whispered carrying her over to the couch taking a deep breath

Max hugged Lana tight before she stepped out with his mom. She took his hand in hers and kissed his knuckles gently "Im here babe." She whispered

She frowned and sat down on the couch shutting her eyes "Charlie I can't do this... I can't be in charge of looking after you a baby and myself and three dogs." She whimpered starting to cry again, "I love you and I don't wan you to leave, that's the very absolute last thing I ever want you to do but I need you to pick yourself up this time. GEt yourself together." She begged quietly.

He frowned and gripped at her hands, "I can't keep going through this." He whimpered, "All the poking and prodding and testing and I... I can't do it." He whimpered breaking down and sobbing into herarms

Charlie took a deep breath and nodded some "I'll do it...I wont let you down." He whispered letting a tear fall hating to see how he was destroying her just like the last time

Max held him close to her and rocked him gently "Oh baby I know, and it'll stop I promise." She whispered keeping him close and letting him cry into her chest

She just nodded and leaned into him some more, placing his hand over her bump when she felt their daughter moving around and kicking, "If not for me then for her at least." She murmured tiredly, feeling a little sick.

He frowned and held onto her tightly, shaking some, "He came in every morning with a knife and there was nothing I could do... He got me every time and he took me away from you and Lana so easily." He whimpered.

Charlie held her close and gave a faint smile feeling his daughter move and kick "She really is there huh?" He said quietly

Max took in a deep breath letting a few tears fall "I know baby, but he is gone now and its all over." She whispered kissing the top of his head repeatedly "I promise you will be okay."

She nodded and smiled tiredly leaning up so her back was against him and she was sat between husband legs. “I love you.... so very very much Charlie.” She mumbled starting to fall asleep with his arms around her.

Jon broke down into sobs again holding onto her tightly. “No you don’t understand he hurt me so bad.” He whimpered as his monitors were picking up on the extra stress.

Max held onto him and nodded softly "Jon, babe you gotta calm down okay?" She whispered kmowing he would set off alarms if he kept up "Its going to be okay I promise."

Charlie held her in his arms and gave a heavy sigh "I love you too.." he whispered letting a few tears fall as he stared at her stomach while she slept

She slept through to the late evening absolutely wiped out from everything going on at the moment and got up to go see where Charlie was but frowned when there was a note on the table that he had gone out for w couple hours for a walk and would be back soon. She knew he wouldn’t be back soon and she wasn’t hopeful that he was really out on a walk so she simply sat near the phone just in case.

Toms new partner was out on a patrol with him since he’d been demoted for his actions in the serial case, cruising around the Main Street area when he frowned as Tom pulled up by the alleyway next to the local bar. “What are you doing?” He muttered “Oh shit.” He’d seen it then. The body of a blond guy looking like he could possibly be dead next to the bar and as they got closer he saw the needle next to him.

Jon shook his head. “You don’t get it!” He yelled louder. “He didn’t just stab me.” He sobbed shaking like mad and making no effort to calm down.

Tom pulled up to the alley way to look for Charlie like he usually did but soon went wide eyed when he saw him flat on the ground "Call an ambulance now " he said to his partner before he got out and rushed over to Charlie immediately starting CPR on him "Goddamn it Charlie don't fucking do this now."

Max held onto him let him continue to cry "Talk to me then...tell me what happened." She whispered hoping maybe if he said it to someone it could possibly help.

He shook his head over and over he couldn’t being himself to say it out loud. If he said it out loud it made it real and he just got more worked up until they came him and forced him to lay back, putting him under light sedation. “Ma’am He has got to stay calm.” One of the nurses told her being snappy.

He quickly dispatched for an ambulance and went over helping him with the resus. “Isn’t this the town drunk?” He muttered guiding the medics over once the ambulance arrived and frowned watching Tom go over and call someone on his cell.

Max glared at the nurse and shook her head a bit "You think I got him that worked up?" She questioned growing even more worried about Jon by the minute.

Tom frowned more shaking his head "Doesnt matter keep up the CPR." He muttered before he walked a few feet away and pulled out his phone calling Carmen taking a deep breath as he heard her worried voice over the phone "Carmen....I'm gonna come pick you up okay?" He said softly down the line to her.

Carmen has answered the phone, hearing the sirens in the background “Okay... is he alive?” She asked him but he’d already hung up and she went to get shoes and her bag and a hoodie, locking the house up and got in toms car once he arrived. “Is he alive?”

She frowned looking at her. “Yes. He needs rest. I will put a visitor ban on him unless he settles.” She warned her.

Max glared at the nurse before she gave a quick nod and turned her attention to Jon as he held him the best she could

Tom drove quickly to her place and sighed heavily as she asked if he was alive for the second time "I...I dont know." He admits not wanting to lie to her at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back