• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spin You Around

Carmen walked into the station, going to take her fiancé some dinner seeing as it was going to be a late one for him again. She headed straight past the desk after saying hi to the receptionist and knocked on the door finding Tom and Jon inside with papers everywhere “hey boys... I know you’ll both be here til late so I thought I’d bring dinner to you.” She smiled and passed them a bag each from the best Asian restaurant in town. “You mind if I hang out here a little while? Our new neighbours are moving in and I’m not feeling up for all the noise.” She told tom kissing him gently and smiled sitting down in the corner.

Jon smiled seeing her walk in. “Thanks Carmen.” He said taking the bag from her gratefully. He didn’t have anyone at home to cook for him just his two dogs and he knew he’d only eat badly if he had to cook for himself tonight. As sheriff he’d been put under immense amounts of stress lately trying to get this case closed.

Max plopped down on the new couch smiling happily as she looked around at her new house that was finally all moved in and now all they had to do was unpack. She smiled widely seeing her fiancee Michael come in with the last box "We are officially moved in babe!" she said excitedly as he sat down next to her. Ever since her father had passed about a year ago Max had been dying to live in her home town and no longer in the big city. She kissed him gently and cuddled up close not able to wipe the smile from her face "Thank you so much for this Michael." she murmured knowing this was a big change for him but she was glad he made it with her. She soon got up and walked into the kitchen grabbing her purse and going over to the door "I'm gonna pick up some food from my mom's diner, care to join or do you want me to bring it home?" she asked

Tom stood in his office with Jon looking over the papers and sighing heavily not able to see a connection within this case. He was Jon's right hand deputy now which meant longer nights at times for him and more work to do. He smiled widely as he saw Carmen come into the room giving her a kiss on the cheek "Thanks babe, yeah I don't see an issue with it. We need a small break." he said with a chuckle putting the papers to the side clearing space for himself and Jon to eat

Michael looked over at her sweating a little but smiling. It had been a long time since he’d seen her this happy and he was glad something like moving house had done it for her. “I can go with you. You’re driving though.” He smiled and grabbed her picking her up and carrying her out to the car then locked up their new house.

She smiled some and rest her head back against the wall watching them some. “So tell me, your team have anything at all on this?” She asked them quietly looking over to tom. It worried her when they had to take a murder case. Especially when he ended up working nights. “Cause Mrs Allen wants to know who killed her son.” She mumbled pulling her knees to her chest.

Max squealed softly and smiled happily kissing him lovingly "I love you my dear." She said happily before getting into the car and started driving to the diner that her family had owned since they moved there.

Tom sighed heavily shaking his head a bit "You know I can't talk about the case babe." He murmured kissimg her cheek gently "We arent fully sure." He said softly looking at Jon who gave a nod as he ate

Carmen sighed some but nodded. A lot of the time he told her everything and his silence on the case was making her even more worried. She sat next to him and slipped her arms around his waist while he ate. “Jon thought I’d give you a heads up that Max is apparently moving back to town.” She told him

Michael smiled and leaned back looking around. “You weren’t kidding when you said it was small.” He mumbled watching their surroundings.

Max gave a small laugh and nodded "Yeah it is but its very nice." She said happily kissing his hand before pulling up to the diner

Tom glanced over at Jon chuckling some as he perked up immediately "Who is Max?" He asked taking a sip of his drink looking over at Carmen who had been here since she was a kid while he had moved to town 5 years ago

She bit down on her lip. “I think that’s gotta be between you two.” She told him pecking his cheek and stealing a couple of his fries until they all finished and she picked the trash up to take out to the garbage. “Alright. Jon I want him home by midnight.” She winked at him and kissed tom again before heading out, tending as she saw who they were dragging in towards the cells.

Michael smiled getting out with her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders tiredly. “I love you. This move is gonna be good for us. Things are going to get better.” He promised kissing her head.

Max nodded happily and kissed his cheek as they walked inside. She instantly felt at home as the familiar smell of apple pie filled her nostrils making her remember all the summers and weekends she would help out here "I cant wait to show you everything."

Charlie struggled against the cops grunting some "Youve got the wrong guy damn it! I didnt do shit!" He yelled as put him inside the cell frowning as he saw Carmen exiting the police station

Tom raised an eyebrow to Jon as Carmen left "Care to explain?" He asked frowning when he heard the commotion getting up and going to see what was happening

Her mom stepped out from the back office and said bye to her head waiter then looked over and saw max smiling wide. “Oh Maxine sweetheart you’re home you guys made it. Oh Michael how good to see you! Was your flight okay?” She asked hugging them both and kissing both their cheeks. “Come on back to the house darling I got homemade food ready for you both.” She told her excitedly while Michael just smiled over at his fiancée and winked at her heading bscj to the car.

Jon frowned some watching him a little. “Long story. An old girlfriend of mine. Left this town ten years ago and made it big time in New York... apparently she’s coming back. I guess it’ll be nice to see her again.” He shrugged. Even the thought of seeing her was making him anxious. He missed her like crazy but they didn’t exactly part on good terms either.

Carmen kept driving and headed home parking in front of the garage and went inside to the dogs going straight up to bed and sat down doing some work on her laptop.

Max smiled widely at her mother and nodded "Yeah the flight was good." She said happily before she followed out to her car. As they arrived to the house and got inside she glanced around looking at Michael some "I have so many memories here." She said happily going to the mantle above the fireplace looking over old photos from her childhood stopping as her eyes landed on one of her and Jon when they were probably about 5 playing in the leaves.

Tom gave a nod and chuckled some "She that one you always say got away?" He asked watching him nod a bit "Ahhh I see, well maybe this is a sign." He said giving a chuckle but frowning as Charlie started yelling again "You wanna take him or me?"

Jon glanced over at him and smirked. “He’s all yours deputy.” He chuckled and got back to work until he couldn’t focus so he tidied up and headed home leaving tom to handle Charlie for a bit.

“Oh he’s sheriff round here now sweetheart. Grew up real handsome too.” She told her smiling. “Carmen still lives here too she’s engaged to the deputy she was round tonight babe and got food for them. Always causing trouble you two were you remember? Lovely young lady now. Let me go get dinner on.”

Max nodded and bit her lip hard and the memories "Yeah I remember." she murmured staring at the picture for a little longer. She loved Jon, and she thought they would get married and have children but after their falling out she didn't even think he would want to see her again. As she sat down at the table she smiled wide already smelling her favorite dish "Oh mamma you made my favorite!" she said excitedly

Tom walked back into the cells and leaned on the wall frowning a bit "Charlie." he muttered looking him up and down "You know why you're here?" he asked crossing his arms "Where were you the night of the 16th?" he asked raising an eyebrow

Carmen heard the door go at around 2am sitting up and frowning seeing Tom walking into their room. “What time is it?” She mumbled rubbing at her face some and reaching for him.

Michael sat quietly as he always did just letting max have the time to catch up with her mom and he wrapped an arm around her shoulders once they finished eating and got up to help clear and wash dishes before saying goodbye to her mom and taking max home. “You happy gorgeous?” He asked quietly.

Tom stripped down grumbling softly as he laid down "Its 2.." he mumbled cuddling into her "Yell at me tomorrow I need sleep." He murmured before passing out against her

Max laid in bed with him smiling happily and kissed him gently "I am beyond happy." She said softly holding onto him "Thank you again...this means so much to me." She whispered

She frowned gently caressing the back of his neck worried about him until she fell back to sleep. She got up early to go sort out something for breakfast and fed the dogs eventually hearing tom walk into the kitchen. “Hey there handsome.” She murmured. “You more awake now?”

He mumbled something incoherent before falling asleep next to her. He headed out early in the morning to go meet his new boss after now having to change companies.

Tom smiled softly at her and made himself a cup of coffee "Hey, yeah I am." He murmured kissing her temple "How you feelin?" He asked

Max woke up to an empty bed frowning softly but she soon relaxed seeing Michael had left a note about going to his new job. She smiled happily and got up and ready for the day before heading to the department store so she could get paint samples for her studio

“I’m doing okay. I’ve got another bad headache though.” She mumbled looking over at him. “Tom. I don’t ever want you home at 2am ever again. You put your foot down once that clock hits midnight and come home.” She told him seriously glad for him having the day off.

Jon was at the department store having gone to talk to a few people about a new line of enquiry they were following on this murder case. “Mrs Jones I understand that this whole ordeal has everyone shaken up and truly I am sorry for your boy being missing but for the last time. If he shows up or contacts you or anything. Please call me.” He told the woman and passed her the business card.

Tom gave a heavy sigh but nodded a bit "We had a suspect babe, I had to interogate him." He murmured kissing her cheek softly "Its just you and me today though." He said happily as he sipped his coffee some more

Max roamed around finding what colors she might see fit. She overheard a conversation on the next isle and frowned softly wondering what was happening here but what really caught her was a familiar voice. She bit her lip softly and rounded the corner gasping as she ran into someone quickly pulling away "Oh jeez Im so sorry!"

She just nodded then tensed up. “Charlie?! Charlie was your suspect in a murder case are you kidding me?!” She snapped at him. She sill remembered the days she was so in love with Charlie and he was the same with her but they were both headed down a real bad path and she got lucky and pulled out of it but it had been too late for him. “Tom petty crime yes but not murder!” She snapped at him. She still felt incredibly protective over him

Jon turned the corner sighing heavily and not really paying attention accidentally running into someone. “Oh ma’am im so so-“ he stopped dead when he saw the face in front of him. “Max.... you’re home.” He said simply just staring stupidly at the girl he had always planned to marry. She was just as beautiful as the day he asked her to be his girlfriend but now he was speechless and just staring at her in shock with Boss sitting to attention next to him. His own dog as well as having been trained into a police dog.

Tom frowned at how defensive she was getting about him "He was near the crime scene Carmen what do you want me to do?!" he asked shaking his head some "We are running out Carmen, a fucking kid died and we can't find the son of a bitch who did it! Charlie was spotted near where it happened so we brought him in, I know you guys have a past but Carmen we can't leave stones unturned." he explained rubbing his temples softly

Max stared at him opening her mouth but closing it again when she couldnt think of the words to say. There he was, Jon Bernthal in all his glory infront of her. She bit her lip hard and took in his looks, he looked just as handsome as the day she left "Jon.....you....you um look good." she said quietly not sure what else to say to him. As their awkward silence continued she glanced around and took in a deep breath "How have you been?"

“I don’t care. You know he wouldn’t. Not a kid.” She muttered “honey sometimes these things are never solved and it’s not your fault but he’s already struggling as it is. Please don’t let him get pulled into that mess too.” She told him quietly slipping her arms around his shoulders.

He smiled sadly at her and nodded. “I’m doing good. Sheriff.” He told her. “Though knowing your mom you’ve already had all the gossip.... Hey I gotta get to work but I’ll see you around?” He smiled at her and left her to it as he walked off feeling like he might pass out as everything cane flooding back to him, getting in the cruiser and burying his face in his hands taking deep breaths to relax

Tom frowned more and shook his head "I cant do that Carmen! He is off for now but if any more evidence piles up then I'm bringing him in!" He said before he got up and stormed off to the den

Max nodded softly as she watched him "Yeah mom mentioned it..." she said quietly frowning when he took off "Yeah...see you around." She said softly as he took off. She stood there for a moment trying to gain back her composure, she hadn't expected him to still have such an effect on her

Carmen sighed heavily and went to get cleaned up and dressed for the day not willing to put up with him bro g grumpy like that.

Jon headed back to the police station sighing quietly and got to work in his office on the same case eventually going to the cells and sorting out Charlie’s release papers once he’d read and was satisfied with toms report on the interrogation.

Max left the store and quickly went to the new studio smiling widely as she looked around it. She couldnt wait to open up and teach the kids of this town dancing

Tom came out a little later and sighed heavily lookong at her "Im sorry for snapping at you." He murmured

Users who are viewing this thread

Back