• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spin You Around

Max ate quietly with them giving Jon a soft smile before she turned her attention to Lana "So how was the mall Lana?" She asked giving a bigger smile as she told her what she had told Jon "Well that seems like a ton of fun."

Charlie held onto her for dear life scared she would leave while he was sleeping "I love you." He whispered before falling asleep again.

Jon sat there quietly and listened to the girls chatting away with each other until after dinner and he got up to head upstairs, slipping away while they were distracted but he paused in the doorway and reached out, gripping both sides of the doorframe tightly to try and stop himself from falling flat on his face.

Carmen frowned holding onto him and fell asleep curled up close worrying about him and scared for him but also furious at his dad.

Max smiled and washed dishes with Lana happily. She frowned noticing Jon had gone and quickly went to go check and see if he was okay. She gave a soft sigh finding him in bed "Hey you okay?" She asked quietly

Charlie woke up the next morning and went to take a shower. He grunted softly feeling the scorching hot water seer his skin but in all honesty he didnt care if it was burning him

He frowned some “my head is pounding. I feel sick.... I’m gonna sleep through I hope.” He said quietly not wanting to worry her but not about to lie to her either. The standings had really done a number on him and he was still struggling to recover well.

Carmen woke up and went to join him smiling some as she stepped in then recoiled quickly. “Fuck. Charlie turn the heat down you moron.” She giggled and did it for him then got in and slipped her arms around him. “You want a boy or a girl?” She murmured to him

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded kissing his forehead gently "I'll be in soon okay?" She said softly before she left and went to finish cleaning up with Lana "You ready for the recital next weekend? I think everyone is going to love your solo piece."

Charlie turned in her arms and wrapped his around her small frame "A girl...I'm not sure I could raise a boy...I think I'd just fuck em like my dad did to me." He muttered

She frowned and gently made him look at her. “I love you. Don’t you ever forget that Charlie. Ever.” She murmured and kissed him softly just holding onto him while they stood under the warm water in the shower.

She shrugged a little. “I guess... Uncle Jon isn’t gonna make it though is he? He’s still too sick to come watch huh?”

Max gave a soft sigh and hugged her close "I will do my best to get him there." She said softly

Charlie held her close to him and relaxed a bit under the water with her. He soon washed up and stepped out once the water had gotten cold. He wrapped a towel around his waist and wiped the steam away from the shower frowning at his reflection.

She nodded and hugged her then went up to bed with Bam following her. Jon stayed asleep through the night though he was having a lot of nightmares but once he was up Lana had already left for school and it was max waking him up to go to his follow up this week to see how his recovery was going. “I’d rather stay in the house.” He mumbled but got dressed anyway.

Carmen got out and wandered over to him once she was done wrapping a towel around herself. “Hey... you wanna order in some dinner tonight? You and me and some pizza and the breakfast club on the tv? Sounding good to you?” She asked him. They both had work and goodness knows she was gonna worry about him all day but she wasn’t going to give up on him this time.

Max smiled and gave a soft sigh "Oh I know my love and we will be home soon." She murmured giving him a kiss before she helped him out.

Charlie nodded some giving a small toothless smile "Yeah sounds good." He murmured taking a deep breath "Can you drive me in?" He asked quietly

She nodded and kissed his shoulder then went to get ready for the day getting dressed and doing her hair putting on a little makeup too stressed about other things to worry about it.

Jon just nodded and got in the car holding her hand the whole way there. “I love you max. I couldn’t do this without you babe.” He smiled a little at her for the first time in a while.

Max gave him a soft smile and squeezed his hand "I love you too Jon, more than anything in this world." She murmured softly as she drove to his doctor's office

Charlie put on his work jeans and a black shirt thowing his apron on as well. He pulled Carmen close and kissed her lovingly before they walked out of the house

She smiled a little and kissed him back. “Good morning to you too.” She giggled and got into her car driving him to work then got to work herself but her mind was still on him. All morning and all afternoon.

He smiled some and went inside with her waiting quietly though being there was causing quite a stir among the other people. He hadn’t been out in public since everything had happened and he didn’t want to speak to people but it didn’t seem that they would give him the courtesy.

Charlie worked the day trying his best to keep his mind off the heroin that was still stashed in his car and the alcohol that called to him across the street as he waited for Carmen to pick him up

Max frowned at all the stares they recieved and sighed softly "Its okay Jon, theyre just as scared. Everyone wanted you to be okay." She whispered trying to reassure him that he was okay and so was his life.

He just nodded and gripped at her hand heading inside when his name was called shuffling in quietly and just sighing heavily as he started hearing the talking pick up real quick behind him on his way in and just sat down going through all the normal stuff first before he was taken all around the hospital for the next couple hours for each different check up and finally back to the room again thoroughly exhausted.

Carmen called him towards the end of the day and sighed some. “Babe you’re gonna have to walk or take the bus or drive yourself. My cars got a burst tire, the guys at the garage are picking it up now and I’ve gotta stay at work late. I have to stay and help with the books.” She told him.

Max followed him the entire time giving a soft sigh as they got back to the original room "You did great babe and you're doing great." She said happily to him giving him a peck on the cheek trying to keep a positive mood.

Charlie gulped some as he listened to her down the line "Right.....my car is uh...still where I left it.." he muttered taking a deep breath and soon hanging up before he started to walk to the bar.

He smiled tiredly at her and rest his head back against the wall reaching for her hand. “I love you. I know I’ve been quiet but don’t ever think I’m angry at you.... I’ve just been so tired.” He mumbled giving her hand a squeeze.

Carmen sighed a little about to tell him to just walk then but he’d already hung up and she went to sit by her boss to start on the books.

Max gave him a small smile and shook her head "I know babe, and its okay. As long as youre getting better thats what matters." She whispered before she kissed him gently hoping things would start to turn around for them

Charlie drove home and stared at the heroin in his glove box taking deep breaths as he contimplated taking it but soon slammed the box closed and rushed inside.

-2 months-
Carmen rolled out of bed early and sighed heavily, she was really starting to show now, she was at 20 weeks and for the third morning in a row she had woken up without Charlie home yet. She got up and got herself together, feeling a little queasy but mostly okay, calling his cell phone after she'd eaten breakfast wanting to know that he was at least safe. He didn't pick up. At this point it was nothing new though and soon after that she had a knock on the door and went to answer it, seeing Tom was bringing him home, "Oh thank God, you had me worried sick Charlie." She muttered hugging him tightly and got him inside, looking over at Tom, "Thank you... Means a lot." She told him.

Jon rolled out of bed and got ready to walk with Lana to her school and back. It would be overall a fifteen minute walk and he was taking the dogs with him in case of anything but he was feeling like crap and he had been hoping since last night that Lana would want to back out and do this another day but it wasn't looking very hopeful. He shuffled downstairs looking awful but smiled at her some seeing her standing by the front door ready to go. She was finishing middle school in a week and he couldn't be more proud of her. "You ready kiddo?" He asked her quietly, kissing Max's cheek and taking a bottle of water. He still wasn't back to work but they were pushing for him to return by next week and it was getting to him a little. He felt like he still wasn't ready but it wasn't really up to him at this point

Max gave a soft smile and kissed him gently as she watched him get his shoes on "You sure you dont want me to come with you guys?" She asked him hoping this would be good for him. He looked awful but she was hoping he might be getting somewhat better. He had become a bit more talkative over the months but what scared her most is that they wanted him back at work. She thought it was a bad idea for him to go back and maybe he should find a different line of work.

Tom dropped Charlie off at home again and gave a heavy sigh looking at Carmen and then at her bump "I can't keep doing this Carmen...if anyone else finds him they'll arrest him." He murmured giving a heavy sigh "Confiscated 2 ounces off him...Carmen I know you want him better but he needs help." He said quietly hoping she would see he was only trying to look out for her as a friend. He hated seeing this.

She grit her teeth some, "2 ounces of what this time?" She muttered hoping it was still heroin and that he wasn't mixing things up yet. "I know and I appreciate it tons but we can't afford help. He's got no job now Tom where are we supposed to get the money from?" She muttered "Thank you for bringing him home." She told him quietly. She was terrified of what was happening and terrified that she was losing control over everything especially since Marie fired him but as she had just told Tom they didn't have the money for him to go to rehab and there weren't any AA meetings in town. The last thing she needed was for him to be arrested or worse, overdose and die.

He smiled a little and nodded "I'm sure... We'll be alright. I go Venice with me, she'll watch out for Daddy won't you pumpkin?" He cooed to the dog. "I'll see you soon alright?" He murmured and kissed her again then left quietly with Lana, "Alright kiddo, nice and slow for me yeah?" He smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "So... something came in the mail for me to sign yesterday.... the court forms... for me to legally adopt you... You're sure you still want that yeah?" He asked her. There would be a few court dates to go before it was finalised but they were getting one step closer all the time.

Tom sighed heavily and showed her the bag of heroin before he put it away "Still H, look if...if you need help I'm here alright? And I mean that Carmen." He said truthfully before he bid them goodbye

Charlie grunted some as he layed on the couch completely out of it as he stared at the ceiling in a high bliss.

Lana gasped and smiled widely nodding at him "Yes! Yes! Yes! I am very excited." She said happily hugging him a bit "That means you will legally be my dad right? Would that mean Max is my mom?" She asked curiously. They had both been parents to her than anyone she had had in her life previously and to everyone who wasn't family she called Jon her dad.

He chuckled some and kissed her head, holdig her tightly for a moment, "Yes it would mean that legally I'm your dad.... Not Max though.... That's a whole nother kettle of fish... She's not ready for that kiddo.... Give it some time, we've talked about it though... She would like that when she's ready." He told her and hugged her again whil they walked slowly to her school, he waved bye to her once they got there and turned around to start heading home, still feeling like complete and utter shit, making it back in well over twenty minutes rather than the meant to be 15, feeling even worse by the time he walked in the door, going to the lounge and sitting down carefully. "Max." He called out, shaking.

Carmen frowned and walked over to Charlie, sitting down next to him and kissed his head, "You out of it yet?" She asked him quietly, holding him close to her protectively, scared to death over how this could end for them both.

Max was in the shower when he got home not hearing him yell at all. Though as soon as she got out she heard the dogs barking like crazy. Quickly she put on one of his shirts and rushed downstairs going wide eyed when she found him on the floor "Jon?! Jon!" She yelled rushing to him trying to make sure he was breathing

Charlie gave her a lopsided grin and laughed lightly "Well hey there beautiful...no I'm the best I've been babe." He whispered closing his eyes as he continued to ride his high out.

She frowned some and smoothed his hair back, "Where have you been last night?" She asked him quietly, keeping one hand on his forehead and the other on his chest just sitting with him and crying quietly.

Jon was laying there after having called out for her several times but he had lost his balance and fallen off the couch, now lying in a heap on the floor and struggling to breathe, slipping into a seizure shortly after that.

Charlie laughed softly and shrugged a bit "Um...the bar....I dont know after, just strollin around." He said not noticing her crying at all

Max frowned and quickly called 911 sitting with him as she cried softly. She quickly let the paramedics in and let them take care of him while she held the dogs back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back