• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Spin You Around

Max gave a small sigh and kissed his cheek "Get some rest babe, I'll let Lana know what happened." She whispered

Charlie looked at her with tears streaming down his face "I stabbed him....he told me no more and I stabbed him..." he whispered

She frowned and gently smoothed his hair back, "Shh.... Shh, it's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay babe I promise." She murmured squeezing his hand, "I was so scared, I thought I'd lost you." She told him quietly, "You're gonna be okay honey I promise." She murmured gently to him.

He grumbled a bit and shook his head, "No she's gonna be real mad." He mumbled slurring his words out of exhaustion.

Charlie shook his head pushing her away some "No! No I'm a fucking monster Carmen! Why do you stay with me?!" He asked completely freaked out about everything

Max frowned softly and nodded looking at the door as Lana came through eating a bag of chips "Look babe, she is here now." She murmured softly giving a small smile to Lana "He wouldn't go to sleep til you got back."

He grumbled a little more and tried to sit up some but it wasn’t working. “Lana... cmere.” He slurred again

Lana just shook her head “go to sleep. It’s okay, you can tell me whatever it is later okay?” She murmured and went and hugged him tight. “Get some sleep Uncle Jon.” She told him then went to sit in the chair

Carmen shook her head. “Cause you’re not a monster. You’re going through a ridiculously hard time right now but you are not a monster.” She promised him and kissed his cheek gently. “Whatever happens I’m not going anywhere. I have loved you since we were 12, that doesn’t stop cause you’re not well.” She promised and kissed his cheek, moving to sit with him gently placing his hands on her bump. “Your daughter wants to say hi to her daddy.”

Max laughed softly as he instantly fell asleep when she sat down "How are you feeling sweetheart?" She asked softly as she saw down next to Lana pulling her close

Charlie felt the baby kick and shook his head "I'm sorry I failed you.." he whispered taking a deep breath "Carmen...did that man die?" He asked quietly knowing if he did that he would never get to see his daughter grow up.

She frowned and kissed his head "I don't know yet, they're still working on him far as I know... Charlie look at me... Whatever happens I'm not going anywhere this time, that's a promise." She told him and kissed his cheek again, worrying about him.

-3 weeks-
Jon had been diagnosed with PTSD this time. They thought perhaps the surgery had triggered it but they couldn't be sure. What it did mean was that he couldn't go back to work anytime soon and he certainly couldn't adopt Lana officially anytime soon either. He was at the studio with Max, sitting in her office and watching the world go by out the window when the door opened and he flinched, accidentally falling out of the chair.

Carmen sat inside Charlie's room with him, showing him the scans from the last appointment she'd had. They'd been keeping him here to keep him detoxed while they waited to find out if the man would recover or not but he'd apparently taken a turn in the past few hours and now Carmen was desperately trying to keep both their minds off of it in case he did die, she was terrified of losing him but she was even more scared of him going to prison for murder, she wasn't sure how long she could single parent for. She looked up when Tom walked in with handcuffs. 'He didn't make it'. She subsequently broke down into tears, holding onto Charlie as tight as possible and buried her face in his shoulder, "No that's not fair it wasn't his fault!" She whimpered, refusing to let go of him.

Max heard a bump and frowned softly getting up and going to find Jon on the floor "Are you okay?" She asked helping him back into his chair kissing his forehead softly before she went to help the customer. The past three weeks had been absolutely horrible on her as well. She barely slept due to tending to Jon's constant nightmares and Lana being very upset with the adoption falling through it was taking a huge toll on her, but she refused to let it show thinking it would only make things worse.

Tom gave a heavy sigh and looked at both of them with saddened eyes "I'm sorry Carmen....but I'm going to have to ask you to leave." He said seriously as he went over trying to coax her off him while his partner read him his rights "Carmen please don't make this worse." He whispered in her ear as she faught against him.

He just nodded and sat down again. “Sorry... door banged.” He mumbled rubbing at his face and waiting quietly for her to come back in, sighing a little and jumped again when there was a car horn outside but at least stayed upright that time

Carmen shook her head refusing to let go of Charlie “Get off! Give me five minutes!” She begged quietly but she was still being dragged off of him and frowned watching them take Charlie away, sitting with her head in her hands, shrugging Tom off when he touched her shoulder. “Don’t you come near me! You people all wanna help when it gets to breaking point but when we needed help preventing this?! No one was there! Everyone knew he’d been drinking again and yet the bar let him back in every fucking night!” She snapped at him.

Max sighed softly and kissed his cheek gently "Its alright, just a car horn." She said quietly taking his hand in hers "Your mom is taking Lana tonight, so we get some alone time." She said softly

Tom sighed heavily and shook his head "Carmen....its not like we could have stopped this, I can't make the bar stop serving him. This was his choice okay? I know he wasn't in his right mind but Carmen he can't plea insanity. The court will see him as a junkie, they'll convict him. We couldn't do anything, no one said anything because everyone thought you knew."

“Just leave me alone. He knows my number for his phone call he can tell me the charges.... I don’t want you calling me and I don’t want you turning up at my house. I think you’ve done enough.” She spat at him and got up leaving quickly to go home.

Jon grit his teeth. “I know it was just a car horn... you think I wouldn’t fix this if I could?! I don’t control my reactions anymore!” He snapped and stood up going outside to calm down. He loved her and he knew she was only ever trying to help but he couldn’t control anything at the moment and he was scared.

Tom sighed heavily and nodded a bit taking Charlie out to the crusier and took him in to the station

Max flinched at his outburst and looked at the ground sighing heavily. She didn't mean to make him upset all she wanted was to reassure him that everything was okay. Now she felt maybe she should keep her remarks to herself for a little bit.

Carmen got home and curled up in bed sobbing and burying her face into the pillows. She was terrified and stressed.

His partner took Charlie back to the cells and smirked st him. “Surely by now you must have a favourite and you’re the only murderer in here so take your pick.” He sneered at him.

Jon went back inside and walked back into her office. “I’m sorry... I’m sorry I can’t do anything to fix it, I’m sorry I’m yelling at you so much... I love you and the last thing I ever want is for you to be upset or for me to hurt you I just.... I’m scared.” He told her quietly kissing her softly.

Max kissed him back softly and gave a soft nod "Its okay Jon." She whispered before she went back to finishing up her payment stubs "I'm almost done then we can go home okay?" She said softly taking in a deep breath trying to make sure this would be enough for the bills this month.

Charlie frowned and glared at the deputy before he went into a cell. He sat in the corner and turned away from the door not wanting to be bothered by anyone unless it was Tom to tell him something about Carmen.

He frowned some, "Maybe.... Maybe I need to head over to the coffee shop and see if they need their books doing? Or go clean some pools huh?" He mumbled. He knew he needed to find a way to start earning money again, his sick leave was finally over and until he was cleared to work again at the station he didn't have much else going.

Carmen waited for hours until the phone finally rang and she heard Charlie's voice on the other end, "Oh thank god, are you alright? What do you need me to do?" She asked him quietly, worried sick about him

Max gave a soft sigh not liking the thought of him being alone like that "Maybe you can help out my mom? She needs a few hands." She said softly giving him a small smile "Or what about the shelter? You could help out the dogs."

Charlie gave a heavy sigh taking in the sound of her voice "Murder...Drug charges...Carmen..I fucked up bad this time. I don't know if I'll get out of it." He whispered letting a few tears fall

She frowned "No I don't think you will but do you want me to find a lawyer to get you the shortest sentence possible?" She asked him quietly. It would be expensive but she couldn't be a single mom for forever. "Charlie... Baby I'm not going anywhere, it's gonna be okay." She coaxed gently, "I love you."

He nodded a little, "I don't think that's going to pa very well is it though?" He pointed out quietly "And working with your mom... I might as well go pick out a corner already to have hourly panic attacks in." He teased gently and started to walk out to the car with her.

Charlie frowned more and shook his head "There is no way we can afford a good one babe...we will find something okay?" He whispered taking a deep breath

Max walked out with him giving a nod "Its better than nothing." She said softly meaning the animal shelter "Maybe....maybe I could dance again...get a small part for a short show run. It'll get us something." She said softly

She frowned some. “I love you... I just want you to be able to know your daughter.” She murmured quietly and frowned when he had to go, hanging up after she heard the dial tone and went to get something to eat and go to bed.

He frowned some and looked at her. “And how far away would you have to go for that?” He pointed out, slipping his arms around her. “We will get through this.” He promised her quietly.

Max sighed softly and gave a nod "I know, I'm just trying too get something going." She said softly before kissing him lovingly "Come on, lets go home and have some us time."

Charlie frowned some and hung up when his time was up sighing heavily as he made his way back to his cell.

Jon just nodded and got in the car with her to go home, “I love you... more than anything.” He murmured, holding her hand the whole way and fiddling with her knuckles.

Tom walked in and frowned some, locking the door behind him. “You need us to assign you an attorney?” He asked him. “Cause I know that you can’t afford anyone who would get you off with probation and community service.... try and get you a 10 year sentence though.” He muttered

Max gave a soft smile and went inside with him once they got home "Mmm I love you too." She murmured while wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him lovingly "Lets go to our room." She whispered giving him a wink before she went off hoping he would follow.

Charlie sighed heavily giving a nod "There is no way we can afford anything to help me out of this....public defender seems to be the way to go." He said quietly shaking his head some "Why are you helping us so much?"

Tom shrugged a little. “Carmen is right. This could have all been prevented had people stepped in to help sooner... and I know how much you mean to her... she deserves to ha e you around.” He muttered. “I’m gonna go sort your attorney out.” He told him.

He smiled and kissed her back, pausing for a moment then lifted her up and carried her up to their room laying her on the bed.

Max layed with him afterwards and smiled softly rolling onto her side so she could cuddle him "That was nice." she said softly before she kissed his cheek and traced circles on his chest

Charlie nodded and gave a heavy sigh as he left "Let Carmen know!" He yelled to him hoping he heard him. He wanted to make sure Carmen was up to date on everything.

He smiled tiredly and held her close, "I love you.... I don't think I'd be comfortable around anyone else these days." He mumbled starting to shake a little.

Tom came back in and frowned, "Watch yourself Hunnam... Don't you start demanding things." He snapped at him then walked off

Max held him close and frowned softly "Its alright babe, don't you worry." She whispered kissing him gently "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere."

Charlie frowned and gave a heavy sigh as he went to sit on the small cot in the cell wanting nothing more than to be home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back